The Game Intense (2013)

The Game Intense by Davidoff

The Game Intense is a perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 2013. The scent is woody-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Lucas Sieuzac

Top Notes Top NotesGin fizz
Heart Notes Heart NotesIris, Patchouli
Base Notes Base NotesEbony, Labdanum absolute

Submitted by Michael, last update on 13.02.2019.

8.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Game to win
It has been a long time since I have dealt more intensively with Davidoff's new releases. At last I had tried the Horizon and afterwards I had "had enough" in the truest sense of the word. After the older successful classics from this house, this was mostly more than disappointing. And then this! I don't remember exactly how I came up with The Game Intense. The rather positive impressions here have at least aroused the interest to give the fragrance a chance. Fortunately, as I can say in retrospect.

It wasn't love at first sniff. Even today I wouldn't call the first minutes of the fragrance a highlight. The dark red fruitiness doesn't get a price for naturalness and is rather unpleasant for my taste. If that's the gin grade, I'd rather stick with the oral dosage form. As soon as this tingling subsides, however, the whole thing becomes creamier and sweeter, I would say smoother. At this point I briefly feel reminded of red fruit jelly with vanilla sauce in the best sense of the word. Subsequently, the powdery iris comes through in a clearly perceptible way and then an increasingly dark and deep wood note and also a resinous spiciness. Meanwhile, the juicy-sweet red fruit always remains perceptible in the background. That's a really nice and creative combination. I find this interaction to be beneficially different in comparison to the inflationarily used vanilla-tonka combos.

From my point of view, the particularly balanced presence is to be emphasized with this fragrance. The durability is strong, with moderate Sillage. You are perceived long and well without killing the environment. Only the beginning is admittedly a bit harsh, after that it quickly and very successfully settles down at 'intense and nevertheless pleasant'. I also think the bottle is chic. The lid snaps in well but could have been more massive for my taste. Otherwise Prima.

Overall, The Game Intense not only surprised me very positively, but almost reconciled me with Davidoff again. Solid, a little surprising, a little unusual. Let's see what the future holds. But it should go on like this. If you like red fruits and can also handle sweet spices, you should definitely make your choice for the fragrance. At least while he's still available.

by Lobogaust
by Lobogaust
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Davidoff

Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Woman by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Champion (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff The Game (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Run Wild by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff Cool Water Night Dive (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff Champion Energy (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff