Zino 1986Eau de Toilette

Zino (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff
Zino (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Davidoff for men and was released in 1986. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Michel Almairac

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Clary sage, Rosewood
Heart Notes Heart NotesGeranium, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Tonka bean, Vanilla, Cedar

Submitted by MartinGE, last update on 17.09.2020.

A memorable scent
I bought Davidoff Eau de Toilette Zino for the first time.

The Davidoff Zino is a Top perfume, the scent is spicy-woody with tobacco notes, quite balanced and with extraordinary sillage and longevity.

I am surrendered to this perfume, which is fantastic.
At this price it is unbeatable!

It has character and in my opinion is more suitable for use in autumn or winter and in the evening.

I imagine myself in a pub having a drink with friends and leaving an unmistakable mark of this perfume.
Old classic
I had it in the '80s and I still have it today. It's a very intense and maybe heavy scent, but I wear it in winter and summer.
It shows its full power and strength right from the moment of application. After a while it becomes a little softer, but does not lose its intensity.
He always awakens memories in me and I am of the opinion that he has not changed in the years since I have known him.
Let's hope it stays with us for a long time.

Spicy Patchouli
Zino by Davidoff is a spicy patchouli based scent with a fresh herbal dry-down. Definitely has an 80's vibe, but a good 80's vibe. Doesn't smell old or out of date. I can smell the woods (rosewood and sandalwood) after the patchouli, and then a hint of herbal freshness. It's a clean sweet scent. Not soapy and not powdery, rather creamy and delicious. More of a winter and fall fragrance; and special event or date night. This is beast mode. You only need one or two sprays maximum. Love this blind-buy guys. If you like patchouli based scents you'll totally love this tubular vibe (see what I did there?) Ha! I wish they would make an EDP version of this one! 8 / 10 for me, but I have to keep applying...

Akinnen
Reformulation strikes again! 2018. vs 2019. 1 year apart and yet insane difference.
Hello everyone

I didn't write anything on this site for some time, but I am back here because I am really, really mad :)

Zino is one of my favorite fragrances that I like to wear just for myself, it' calms me down and takes me to some quiet peaceful place with it's smell. I'm not one of those who says it's outdated, I always thought people who like today modern sweet fragrances would feel that way, but I don't want to offend anyone taste by going further into explanation.

I have decided to get a bottle so it arrived from one Slovenian based webshop. Batch made in the October 2018. by the looks of it. This one I left to my father.

After a while I got informed they discontinued Zino! I was WTF because I thought this is one of the fragrances that are cult and classic and everything that goes with it and should live forever. So I got another one from Notino. This one is batch made in October 2019. As you can see it's just 1 year apart from the bottles.

So bottle A the older one stays on me for hours, every now and then you get that beautiful Zino dash that goes great with cigars, cigarettes and it just use that odor so to speak to make itself stronger. This is one of rare fragrances that I like wearing into the places like pubs and bars that allow smoking. And yeah it's still beautiful, probably not as it used to, but still for today market and type of fragrance it really works well and I love it.

On the other hand Notino bottle the newer one let's name it B from October 2019. is like someone took almost empty bottle A of Zino and just poured in some water. Watered down is like literally what comes into my mind whenever I spray it on. Even now I sprayed 6-7 times on my neck and clothes and I can sense more softener used for washing my t-shirt then I can smell Zino. With A bottle and this number of sprays I would be Zinofied for 3 days, but this B bottle from 6 months ago is so bad I have no words... actually as you can see I do, but it is really on the bridge of being a joke, not a fragrance.

Yes it has very low price, but that should not mean they can do this, what they did. I am so disappointed with this Notino bottle that I will use it as best example of reformulations ever, probably as long as I live.

I think Heritage is similar scent and maybe the only fragrance that could fill the emptiness produced by this Zino production stop and reformulation monstrosity they made in it's last days.

Do not buy!
Eisbaer
"We all need a little mercy sometimes..."
My father (born in 1955) did not have a real signature fragrance in his closet during my childhood, as is the case with many perfumes here. I think he simply liked several fragrances equally, without wanting to commit himself to a particular brand. A characteristic that I inherited from him, because I feel the same way: I still don't have a signature fragrance because I like so many fragrances that I could never and would never want to commit myself. Besides, I would find it very difficult to do without certain treasures in my collection, and I enjoy the daily variety that comes with it. In addition, I wear my fragrances mostly for myself. My skin radiates relatively badly and in general my surroundings don't even know that I have applied a perfume. My father was never a fan of niche fragrances - he wore pretty much everything that was common tenor in the 80s and 90s: Harley Davidson Legendary, Tabac, Lagerfeld Photo, Daniel Hechter Caractére - and Davidoff Zino.

Normally I love to smell the scents of my childhood. They all have something very special about them. This classic fresh zeitgeist and this cleanliness, which opens up olfactorically to me immediately when I spray them on. At Davidoff Zino, however, it's not so much the childhood factor that counts for me; there's a very special relationship between the two of us: It is a fragrance that caught me and comforted me during an extremely difficult and hard time. But right from the beginning: It was 2017 and I found myself in a period of my life when I was facing a very big and profound change. Without boring you too much with details: For several years I had pushed myself to my physical and mental limits to make sure that this change would go well - and it became an absolute catastrophe, among other things due to several serious accidents. My mental state was miserable. I was at the end of my tether, overwhelmed by everything, simply finished with the world and on the verge of resignation.

But then came a fateful day in October 2017 when, while doing a harmless everyday shopping, I discovered a fragrance on the shelf that had long been on my waiting list thanks to Parfumo and which I had not smelled before (apart from my childhood days): Davidoff Zino. On sale, reduced in price. I took a sample sprayer (as far as I know, you're not allowed to do that in a "normal" department store, but so what) and was immediately taken with the warmth emanating from the Zino. He spoke to me - he said: Cheer up. I am here for you. I warm you up. Things will get better again, I promise. And the bottle became mine. My impression of the fragrance: I smell an extremely pleasant mixture of mild pepper and soap, later various types of wood are added and all this is garnished with a very slight sweetness. The Zino radiates a soothing and comforting security, similar to an old cuddly blanket, as one often had as a child; already a little old and dishevelled, but still always warm and fragrant. This winter I wore it with preference in the afternoon and evening hours. Then, when thoughts circled like a merry-go-round and I was in danger of losing my mind again. I also wore it very often to sleep and, whether it is my imagination or not, I think it also helped me to fall asleep more calmly and to relieve the anxiety states that always occur. Whenever I needed it: Zino was there, was at my side, calmed me down, gave me back the ground under my feet.

This difficult period lasted until about the spring of 2018 and then gradually improved. Even as I slowly got back on my feet and life began to be fun again, Davidoff Zino accompanied me. Today he has become a really good and close friend of mine, whom I don't wear every day, but whom I think about regularly and whom I fall back on from time to time - and I enjoy doing so. With all my designs I am well aware that I am not writing about the vintage version here. I would like to test it on occasion. The current version is nevertheless a masterpiece for me personally. The sillage and durability, which have been reduced by several levels compared to the original, are thankfully still ideal for my purposes. The bottle doesn't suit everyone's taste; I like it very much. It's easy to grip, has a pleasant shape and the color scheme harmonizes very well with the fragrance itself. I like the vintage version even more, with the "Davidoff" in italics - if only because it reminds me of the time when I was a little man of maybe four or five years old and could admire my father's bottle on the bathroom shelf. Really: I found such containers very beautiful to look at even then.

Concluding words: The Davidoff Zino has played a major part in my memory of the time around the winter of 2017/2018 no longer as absolutely cruel, but at least in the meantime as bittersweet. I am infinitely grateful that Zino and I have found each other. If the (sometimes contradictory) statements are correct that the fragrance is no longer produced, I will definitely stock up on bottles. Thankfully, this is not a big problem financially, as the Zino is not (yet) offered at too high a price. I undoubtedly still respect the opinion that the vintage version will of course not be surpassed by the new one in any way, but that doesn't make the new version bad at all. At least I think so. Thanks Zino for being there for me when I needed you
If "Davidoff Zino" were music:

"Stealing Tomorrow" by Great Lake Swimmers
"A Little Mercy" by Jamie Lawson
Provides compliments
I originally bought the fragrance as a fragrance twin to the discontinued Armani - Attitude, even if this does not apply to me in retrospect. So be it... Zino reminds me at first of an "old men's fragrance" but then opens up and becomes much more "gentle". Whenever I wear this fragrance among friends and acquaintances, I receive compliments from both men and women alà "You smell good". For me, Zino is an absolute "insider tip", also because of P/L. H/S could certainly be a bit better, but you should not expect too much for the price.
Great classic
For the elderly gentleman ? I don't think so. I wear scents that I like. Point.
The top note
Starts out a little powdery, spicy and woody. "Klassich" male mMn.
The heart note
The spicy/woody note remains. Discreet floral notes are added. Quite balanced. Not bad.
The base
Pleasant wood notes and a nice vanilla round off the overall very good impression. I like it very much Conclusion
A very pleasant and timeless classic. One of the best of Davidoff mMn. He is quite present, without exaggerating. Mainly spicy, woody, powdery and somewhat piquant. Sweet or floral notes are only very discreetly present. I like to wear it in autumn/winter. It's in my established line.
If you would like to try out an "oldie", Davidoff Zino is certainly not a bad choice.
SvenScent
A little nostalgia and the charm of an (older) gentleman!

I had recently bought a bottle again, since Zino was apparently hired, as one hears, but I remembered him as a very useful fragrance.
At the very floral opening I thought at first, well, you would have rather left that alone. Meanwhile it quickly became much more pleasant. The Davidoff then develops balsamic and somewhat sweetish, whereby one feels increasingly homely and warmer. In the end, it was mainly the patchouli and the woods that came through; and what I had to wear for the rest of the day, I liked.
However, I wished him a little more power, a shot of more manhood. That's actually how I remembered him. He seems very gentle and thoughtful to me today. To what extent this is due to reformulations I do not want to judge. But well, I still kind of like him. He just has a certain charm
Nevertheless, I fear that it will not be used too often, because there are more modern fragrances of this direction, such as Salvatore Ferragamo's F Black, which is simply more contemporary and also a little more masculine.

Well, good to have you in the collection, Zino! Every now and then you will certainly get your chance, even if it's just a cosy evening on the couch with a good book - maybe Yates, Kerouac or Miller - in any case a classic!
Xmmx
Totally misjudged in practice application...
... several times on "paper test strips" for extremely good, I love patchouli fragrances, my absolute favorite: GIVENCHY Gentleman! Now I bought the fragrance and sprayed it on for the first time - terribly intense, almost nauseating, "Never Ever Again", just because I liked it so much on the test strip I wanted to save the "practical application" (on the skin) - big mistake, I will never do it again! I had never expected this contrast sensation, Tom Ford's Patchouli Absolu I already had on my skin, incredibly good, thought the Zino fragrance would be very similar, it is unfortunately not!

By the way: The perfect scent to mask the smell of tobacco, the bottle is one of the most unattractive I own/possessed.

Masterpiece.
Because of many tributes to Zino, I bought this blindly. Thank you to all the reviewers for letting me know this beautiful fragrance. I think I'm in a lucky environment. The country in which I was born and raised up, rejected perfume as an extravagance until the early 1990s. So people in this country have images of old men in the 90's colognes that they experienced for the first time, such as Boss Bottled, Polo Sport, Bvlgari Blv, etc., while there is little social memory for the 70's and 80's colognes. therefore I feel a cologne like Zino like a latest work.

For me, this is an image of a very neat and vigorous young man, much better than most of the colognes produced in the 2010s (no need to consider the price). Though not elaborate, herbs that start like soapy water, the scent of rustic flowers, and the scent of patchouli that remain ecstatic after drying all feel like a niche fragrance. Although there are rough textures that don't suit urban life, nevertheless I'll buy more bottles of Zino. If anyone feels that Zino is an old-timer's scent, I hope you'll throw away your prejudices and try again. This is a real masterpiece.

TorkeTorke 10 days ago
Imagine a dark, smoky, gansgster filled bar. You puff your cigarret and the Boss sits next to you. What does he smell like?
Davidoff Zino.
Dan81Dan81 123 days ago
Great smell but I cannot shake that he is dated. To me, it is a beautiful grandpa scent perfect for a Cigar club. Will try again in 10 years
ZoikgreeceZoikgreece 10 months ago
This is an alpha male fragrance. Not for wannabe boys, but for real men. The triumph of patchouli.
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
Zino feels like the scent of the Guerlain House. It doesn't smell like Heritage, but it's very similar in the way I reveal my own presence.
TruckladyTrucklady 16 months ago
Patchouli befriended Antaeus and they hung out in the Ibiza clubs. Next night they heard Pava sing Nessun Dorma. Those Euro boys! ❤
AmberScentAmberScent 17 months ago
Old school power house masterpiece! An eighties Santal-Patchouli dinamo that deserves all your attention! Recommended but apply carefully!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 18 months ago
The woodsy combo I get in the dry down has a peculiar type of woodiness melted with patchouli. The combination is a real headturner.
BenPraxBenPrax 21 months ago
As the footballing adage goes, form is temporary, class is permanent. Starts off stale and earthy, dries down to gloriously creamy woods.
Giesta40Giesta40 21 months ago
4.5
I can't use this perfume, the first time I've tried I have to wash it, but it last forever, even after wash.. Smell like a vulgar man.. hate
H27H27 3 years ago
It's not for me. I'm 38 years old and I think it's very dated (as well as Salvador Dali pH).
However - great projection and longevity.

by Lullaby
by Moreno
by Moreno
by Elysium
by Elysium
klassische süßwürzige Männlichkeit - Davidoff Zino (1986)
by Parma
by Michael
by Michael
by Deep666
by Deep666
Vintage: Davidoff - Zino 75ml EDT (Splash)
by MrNiceGuy
by BBking
by BBking
by MyKosmo
by MyKosmo

Popular Davidoff

Relax (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Davidoff (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Amber Blend by Davidoff Leather Blend by Davidoff Cool Water (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Good Life for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Agar Blend by Davidoff Cool Water Intense by Davidoff Silver Shadow (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Hot Water Night by Davidoff Adventure (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Aquaman Collector Edition by Davidoff Cool Water Into the Ocean by Davidoff Horizon by Davidoff Cool Water Sea Rose by Davidoff The Game Intense by Davidoff Davidoff (After Shave) by Davidoff Zino (After Shave) by Davidoff Silver Shadow Altitude (Eau de Toilette) by Davidoff Cool Water Sensual Essence by Davidoff