Clean Skin by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance

Clean Skin is a perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance for women and was released in 2012. The scent is powdery-floral. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesPeach, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 13.10.2018

Bottle 7.0/10 Sillage 1.0/10 Longevity 3.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
"Do you smell anything?"
i asked the man who shares his life with mine.
"Do you smell anything?" I repeated, more emphatically this time, my wrist stretched out towards my nose.
His nose, mind you - mine already had, showing me a bird, irritatedly negated.
I really couldn't blame her.

They had never been particularly powerful, the Demeter fragrances I had known before - not for my nose, not for me.
Perceptible, safe, and some even clearly present.
But not "Clean Skin", not the scent in the little roll-on that I had rolled over my skin, that was clean, surely, but that should still smell of something that wasn't me.
But there was nothing, there was nothing, not for me.
"A few flowers, a little powder - not wrong, but it doesn't have to be."
After all, he smelled something - unlike me.
Was I suddenly olfactory blind?

Almost two weeks later, I know: no.
No sudden anosmia puts an end to passion.
But "Clean Skin" is so delicate, so fine and so discreet, that she had to "downsize" my nose first of all, shutting it down from the olfactory superiority in environment and flacon.
Often I don't even consciously perceive them, I blur them out or even an olfactory that surrounds me in the overall picture, which makes it difficult or even impossible for fragrances like "Clean Skin" to get through, to reach consciousness with their gentle creaminess, the gaz-like touch of powder and a musk, so bright and delicate and pure that I can hardly distinguish between them: Where does it start, where does my self-smell end?

"Clean Skin" is - rolled naturally, not sprayed - a fragrance that is not immediately present, not immediately accessible.
He forces - me - to an intensive examination, to a conscientious tracing, to a conscious desire to discover his notes, his effect, his quiet Ichbinda.
A fine, fragile, very intimate fragrance that does not carry far, which I only perceive with my nose directly on my wrist, where it is gentle and clean, natural and familiar like my skin.
Freshly bathed, powdered and creamed.
Not more - and certainly not less.
Bottle 2.0/10 Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 4.0/10 Scent 2.0/10
Dirty Soap
Clean Skin is accurately named from a technical standpoint. light flowery fresh start giving the impression of another in the long list of soapy-clean light sillage economical fragrances currently on the market. The second wave settles into a powdery rendition of a solid women's sports deodorant stick. These are not unpleasant accords, just unexceptional. Lastly, a scratchy sweaty unwashed bit of, let's call it "Egyptian musk-style" musk appears. My hypothesis is that most people might achieve this same experience by 1. Walking through a steamy Women's Locker room at a gym. Or conversely, by showering with any over-the-counter deodorant soap bar, followed by the application of a powdery over-the-counter deodorant stick and then just going for a jog/hot yoga class and not showering again until the next morning. C'est tout!

by Florblanca