Dirt by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance

Controversially Rated Scent
Dirt is a perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance for women and men and was released in 1996. The scent is earthy-green. It is still in production.

Green notes, Woods, Moss

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.11.2018

Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 6.0/10
Haven't liked dirt like this since I was a kid
This is easily one of my favourites from Demeter. I was so hoping for wet, brown dirt and that's exactly what I got.

As a child I was fascinated by soil of all kinds. Out of red clay I'd make little figurines and place them in the sun to go hard and out of brown dirt I'd make mud cakes. It's possibly where my love for cooking began.

Dirt is damp, slightly musty, earthy and refreshing. I can see why Madonna wears this, it is charming in an odd kind of a way. Of course the name makes you crinkle your nose, but seriously experience it and your mind will change altogether.

I'm from the country, so perhaps I do feel a strong connection to the earth and its scent, but I do believe that anyone could learn to love this. It smells like fresh, juicy roots under the earth as well.

This fragrance is really enjoyable, I've been sniffing it all morning and its suiting this strange rainy weather we have today. A masterpiece in my opinion. It actually lasts on my skin a lot longer than expected too.

by DonVanVliet