Pistachio Ice Cream by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance

Pistachio Ice Cream is a popular perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library / The Library Of Fragrance for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is gourmand-sweet. It is still in production.

Pistachio ice cream

Submitted by Franfan20, last update on 28.08.2019

6.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

Bull's-eye!
Finally, a blind purchase that's exactly what I expected. Since my beloved Pistachio Ganache from Payard is no longer around, I became curious about Taika's commi and ordered this. I didn't know the Macaron Pistache she mentioned, but it also seems to have disappeared from the market. Since the fragrance was not too expensive, I ordered it promptly and was not disappointed. He really smells like pistachio ganache to me. In order to be able to make exact comparisons, I would have to have remainders of the Payrad in stock, but unfortunately this is no longer the case. I think he's a little boozy, too. I like it a lot. Certainly not a famous composition with elaborate notes and of course an absolute leisure scent, as it authentically smells like ice cream, but if you're looking for something like this, you'll find it here. If there are other lovers of Pistachio Ganache besides me, who mourn the little water, be sure to test this one :)
7.0 5.0 5.0 8.0/10

Taika
One of the most beautiful pistachio scents
Wow. Wow. It comes very close to my long-sought, lost scent "Macaron Pistache".
Especially the first sprayer is wonderful when the alcohol has not yet evaporated: crunchy pistachio macarons and creamy, authentic pistachio ice cream. Sweet and with a compact, creamy melt. The ice cream is sprinkled with caramelized Italian pistachios and has a slight Amaretto flavour. For me, alcohol is part of the composition, not an annoying evil that you hurry to wipe away.

When the alcohol has evaporated, the scent is still beautiful without question. However, it gets a little too stuffy for me, as if the pistachio ice cream had dripped onto an old plush sofa. I have to think of a waffle iron for ice cream waffles that has been in use for a little too long and where dough residues slowly burn into the waffle. Slightly scratchy and dull stabbing.
That was it then also with the development, but the Demeter fragrances are anyway monothematisch thought.

He doesn't take up much space, but that's okay. I find shelf life below average.

Altogether my clear winner about "Pistachio Brûlée" by Urban Outfitters (dull, any vanilla sauce) and even more about "Pistachio Gelato" by Ganache (greasy piece of hand soap).

Flavorite
Meanwhile, Back at the Ice Cream Palour...
I have a jar which holds the most delicious, luscious decadent light green hand cream I've ever purchased. It is Laura Mercier's Crème de Pistache and when I open this jar- usually during the Winter Months inhale deeply and my mouth waters. Logically, I know this is not edible, but my nose sends that "yummy alert" message. The second inhalation is still pleasing, yet perhaps a little voice starts to say "Whoa...ease up on that for a second". The third inhalation is typically the last and that point my nose has sent the follow-up message "Sorry folks...false alarm- not pistachio ice cream." Several times I have exuberantly slathered this crème on my freshly showered warm skin thinking, "Oh, who will possibly be able to resist? Some one will surely gobble me up before dawn, but it will be worth it!" only to run back to the shower within two hour for a complete redo... always annoyed with myself for putting on that incessant nutty cherry smell; delectable at first and then relentlessly gourmand and trite. Well, I also tried to purchase the matching eau de parfum from Laura M. for layering years ago and returned it as it was not a match at all for the cream and also was putrid. For years I thought wistfully, if I can just get the layering correct and go all in- this will be the most unusual and memorable winter scent ever. I have now concluded that the whole concept of smelling like pistachio ice cream is a daunting task, best left for Sugar Plum Fairies and Santa's Elves, however, if you find the need and you want to go right for the spot-on olfactory memory of a big green cream scoop of nutty Amaretto cherry and crunchy pistachio heaven, this will do the job nicely. As with most Demeter single note scents, longevity is poor but the initial silage and realism of the scent will blow your mind!

by Labormaus