Loverdose (2011)

Loverdose by Diesel

Loverdose is a perfume by Diesel for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is still in production.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine sambac, Licorice
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Woods, Liquorice liqueur, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.06.2019

8.0 5.0 5.0 3.0/10

Now it gets dirty part 1
A scent which I noticed through a tester at the cash register at Diesel. I tried him out, which felt like a slap in the face. The Flagon looks good, but unfortunately the scent is not good at all according to my taste. He's way too sweet and monotonous. Much too sweet is still nicely formulated. In my opinion, this fragrance would fit into the category "hooker-diesel". Unfortunately, this scent is nothing to make a man lose his mind.

Loverdose
Bold, brazen and sassy! One of the only perfumes I can handle with gardenia in it (because I can't detect it). I love this "bombshell" of a fragrance. Sweet and thick but not cloying or suffocating. The licorice and vanilla really make this perfume a star for me. The bottle isn't exactly practical but who cares when it's as pretty as it is! Great scent for autumn and winter. A great choice for those with lots of confidence. Not a quiet fragrance. This one is loud and proud! I will always have a bottle of this on hand.
5.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10

A fun gourmand
Sweet, sugary fragrances are not going to attract everyone, and in all honesty, I grew out of liking overly sweet fragrances the day I turned 21. I wasn't expecting much from Diesel Loverdose, so when a sales assistant sprayed my arm with it last week I was ready to protest. Thank God I offered my arm to be sprayed. Loverdose is sweet like I expected it to be, but it's also really nice, actually better than nice, in some ways it smells quite sexy.

Loverdose to my nose is a cross between Britney Spears Fantasy and Lolita Lempicka EDP. It has the cotton candy texture of the former and the licoricey darkness of the latter.

Despite its sweetness, the composition is rather smooth and balanced. The opening is a lightly sugared vanilla and licorice blend, slightly gourmand in nature. I found the heart more interesting with the introduction of spicy anise, sweet jasmine and syrupy amber. I like how Loverdose also has a subtle spiciness which counteracts well with the vanilla.

The drydown was mostly powdered woods and vanilla to my nose, the licorice having receded to the background. I must add that this fragrance was pleasing in terms of longevity and sillage, lasting well over 8 hours on my skin.

I'm not a big fan of the bottle, as holding it in your hand while attempting to spray at the same time is rather difficult. Another negative point is that the juice stains clothes a pinkish colour, so avoid spritzing on your white t-shirt.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Don't cry, sugar!
Sugar. Aniseed. Or is it liquorice? Whatever, it's covered up by sugar anyway. Sugar. Liquorice. Vanilla sugar. Liquorice. Soap. Vanilla sugar. A breath of woodiness. Liquorice. Or aniseed? Whatever, vanilla sugar. A breath of caramel. And sugar.

There's supposed to be mandarine in it? I don't detect that at all. The blossoms are probably the reason I smell soap.
Apart from that: Aniseed or liquorice (star anise smells different from aniseed), a breath of wood, a breath of caramel, a couple of sachets of vanilla sugar and sugar by the pound.

My dentist must be rubbing his hands...

Anessa 3 years ago

by Saharaa
by Bittersweety
by Bittersweety

Popular Diesel

Only The Brave (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Loverdose by Diesel Fuel for Life Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Only The Brave Tattoo by Diesel Fuel for Life Spirit by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme by Diesel Loverdose Tattoo by Diesel Loverdose Red Kiss by Diesel Plus Plus Feminine by Diesel Bad by Diesel Zero Plus Masculine (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited by Diesel Only The Brave Wild by Diesel Plus Plus Masculine (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Zero Plus Feminine by Diesel Loverdose (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Only The Brave Street by Diesel Bad Intense by Diesel Fuel for Life Homme Denim Collection by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme Denim Collection by Diesel