Loverdose (2011)

Loverdose by Diesel

Loverdose is a perfume by Diesel for women and was released in 2011. The scent is sweet-gourmand. It is being marketed by L'Oréal.

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin, Star anise
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Jasmine sambac, Liquorice
Base Notes Base NotesAmbroxan, Woods, Liquorice liqueur, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.05.2020.

Denise1410
The one, the mine, the ours
Since I am part of this wonderful community and have discovered my passion for perfume, my collection has been growing little by little. That's great, no question, I enjoy exchanging ideas with like-minded people, always trying out new fragrances and analysing them. One thing, however, is left by the wayside: the one fragrance, which, as they say, is the signature fragrance.
My husband had to smile when I sat down next to him on the couch yesterday and complained that I have too many scents and every day I am faced with the difficult decision which one to apply. My husband likes them all somehow, he finds them all "nice" This is it, I said to him, what I miss: "The ONE fragrance you love about me, that you associate with me, that reminds you of me."
"You got him," he said. "Lover can. It's how I met you. "
And he was right. Our meeting lasted three whole years and every single day of it was accompanied by Loverdose. I must say that we studied together and spent most of the three years in a barracks. So we really saw each other every day, shared the hall and many an evening together.
"The whole hallway smelled like lover's can when you were there. I've always enjoyed that. That was YOUR scent"

So there it was, my signature scent, I went right out today and bought it again.
Well, what can I say. I still like him a lot.
It is sweet and heavy, clearly liquorice with a touch of tangy orange.
Gradually it develops very warm and vanilla, lasts very long on the skin.

I am looking forward to wearing it again for the first time when I go out to dinner with my husband. I will not tell him that I have bought "my", no "our" fragrance again, but will surprise him. Maybe he will be as happy as in old times, when the hallway smelled like Loverdose ;)
Now it gets dirty part 1
A scent which I noticed through a tester at the cash register at Diesel. I tried him out, which felt like a slap in the face. The Flagon looks good, but unfortunately the scent is not good at all according to my taste. He's way too sweet and monotonous. Much too sweet is still nicely formulated. In my opinion, this fragrance would fit into the category "hooker-diesel". Unfortunately, this scent is nothing to make a man lose his mind.

Loverdose
Bold, brazen and sassy! One of the only perfumes I can handle with gardenia in it (because I can't detect it). I love this "bombshell" of a fragrance. Sweet and thick but not cloying or suffocating. The licorice and vanilla really make this perfume a star for me. The bottle isn't exactly practical but who cares when it's as pretty as it is! Great scent for autumn and winter. A great choice for those with lots of confidence. Not a quiet fragrance. This one is loud and proud! I will always have a bottle of this on hand.

A fun gourmand
Sweet, sugary fragrances are not going to attract everyone, and in all honesty, I grew out of liking overly sweet fragrances the day I turned 21. I wasn't expecting much from Diesel Loverdose, so when a sales assistant sprayed my arm with it last week I was ready to protest. Thank God I offered my arm to be sprayed. Loverdose is sweet like I expected it to be, but it's also really nice, actually better than nice, in some ways it smells quite sexy.

Loverdose to my nose is a cross between Britney Spears Fantasy and Lolita Lempicka EDP. It has the cotton candy texture of the former and the licoricey darkness of the latter.

Despite its sweetness, the composition is rather smooth and balanced. The opening is a lightly sugared vanilla and licorice blend, slightly gourmand in nature. I found the heart more interesting with the introduction of spicy anise, sweet jasmine and syrupy amber. I like how Loverdose also has a subtle spiciness which counteracts well with the vanilla.

The drydown was mostly powdered woods and vanilla to my nose, the licorice having receded to the background. I must add that this fragrance was pleasing in terms of longevity and sillage, lasting well over 8 hours on my skin.

I'm not a big fan of the bottle, as holding it in your hand while attempting to spray at the same time is rather difficult. Another negative point is that the juice stains clothes a pinkish colour, so avoid spritzing on your white t-shirt.

Don't cry, sugar!
Sugar. Aniseed. Or is it liquorice? Whatever, it's covered up by sugar anyway. Sugar. Liquorice. Vanilla sugar. Liquorice. Soap. Vanilla sugar. A breath of woodiness. Liquorice. Or aniseed? Whatever, vanilla sugar. A breath of caramel. And sugar.

There's supposed to be mandarine in it? I don't detect that at all. The blossoms are probably the reason I smell soap.
Apart from that: Aniseed or liquorice (star anise smells different from aniseed), a breath of wood, a breath of caramel, a couple of sachets of vanilla sugar and sugar by the pound.

My dentist must be rubbing his hands...

AnessaAnessa 4 years ago
Salty licorice candy, flowers just cameo. For licorice-lovers only.

by Jasmine87
by Saharaa
by Bittersweety
by Bittersweety

Popular Diesel

Fuel for Life Spirit by Diesel Loverdose Red Kiss by Diesel Fuel for Life Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme Summer Edition 2010 by Diesel Plus Plus Feminine by Diesel Zero Plus Masculine (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme by Diesel Loverdose Tattoo by Diesel Only The Brave (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Only The Brave Tattoo by Diesel Plus Plus Masculine (Eau de Toilette) by Diesel Bad Intense by Diesel Fuel for Life Homme Denim Collection by Diesel Spirit of the Brave Intense by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme Summer Edition 2009 by Diesel Only The Brave Extreme by Diesel Fuel for Life Femme Denim Collection by Diesel Bad by Diesel Zero Plus Feminine by Diesel