Dior Addict (2002)Eau de Parfum

Version from 2002
Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff

Top 46 in Women's Perfume
Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2002. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberry, Mandarin leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Queen-of-the-night, Orange blossom, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanilla, Sandalwood, Tonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.04.2020.

The Opera, Wagner & Addict
I remember it so well, even though it was ages ago... I am and always have been the rock chic one! And always will be ♥️
Now I received an invitation from a young man to the State Opera, there was Wagner. For me it was madness! Black evening gown, all the splendour of the opera, Wagner's music a shake of my foundations, a stimulating guy next to me... i loved this evening! But everything faded against the scent I perceived on a lady nearby. With every move she made, a unique scent clouded over to me.
It was hard, intense us so different from anything I knew. I was fragrance paralyzed!
It didn't let me rest the whole evening and I asked the lady on the way out (yes, I followed you!) what an exciting scent she was wearing.
Dior Addict, was your casual answer and she floated away in your heavenly fragrance cloud.
Well, I bought as soon as possible weekdays to turquoise and Addict. The 2002 version.
Great love! Until today! ♥️ I have almost not changed, all these years and now I wear the new version with grudging teeth. It's good too, but "my" addict lasted forever, was still there after a shower or a hot night, still that redefining component that I love so much. Addicted to Addict!
Sexy cuddly scent
This scent has buzz! I like Dior Addict 2002 much better than the current version, which I also like very much, and so I couldn't help but discover this fragrance in the souk and order it. Today the fragrance post finally reached me with a generous filling. I'm testing pretty right now. In the beginning it smelled slightly of blackberry, but already heavy. After a few minutes a flowery heavy note was added, but by no means sultry but very pleasant. In addition, there was a beautiful bourbon vanilla note and something slightly reminiscent of cinnamon. A beautiful cuddly, sexy scent that I like very much. This fragrance is like a racy woman, a fast sports car, a noble horse. As a song I associate it with "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande. "When all is said and done, you believe God is a woman." Incredibly warm, heavy and seductive. This fragrance exudes its charm best in the evening hours and wraps one in the cold season in a wonderful warm, cuddly Duftaura. This fragrance exudes a radiant golden aura. The heavy scent of flowers and vanilla in the air. God is a woman, or the woman who wears it is a goddess!
Midnight blue
For a long time I wanted to test this fragrance ..but whenever I have sniffed at the bottle ... it was not so my ...
I don't know anyone who doesn't like this scent.
This beautiful midnight blue bottle however already spoke to me at .
So I gave myself a jolt to test this one, because I had seen an offer and wanted to buy it already blind ...
A sprayer on the wrist...I didn't smell directly, wanted to give both of us some time to get used to each other :)
Hmmm...you beautiful midnight blue flacon...what can I say.... unfortunately, the fragrance pyramid applies 0.0% to me...: I only smell an unpleasant spice...:I automatically had to think of omis...:
I hoped very much that my environment had not smelled me so strongly...it was a little embarrassing ...
I think I'm the only person in the world who can't wear dior Addict... it's a pity...

Diormania
I’ve been wearing Addict ever since it came out, but I never really came around to review it. I guess I took it for granted.
My review is for the 2002 original of which I’ve been lucky (and wise) enough to backup 2 100ml bottles as soon as I got my first and long gone one (September 2002) and for the extrait which I bought the same year for Xmas. As of now, it’s still found on Ebay, though getting harder to.

Addict embodies all that was happening in the turn of the Millenium. In a sense, it’s a scent capsule. While mainstream had a few good years left, Dior didn’t, and luckily Galliano had the opportunity to envision this and Dior Homme as his exit opus. Kind of vulgar, at times trashy, but always addictive, Addict is logomania, glossy bronzed skin, lots of naked skin actually, gloss, neon colored huge sunglasses and electronic music. Everything that was in and cool at the time, and part of what catapulted Dior to 21st century stardom.
Created by a younger Thierry Wasser, this is a vanilla rush; smoky, leathery, sexy vanilla.
The original opening (and this has been lost in subsequent reformulations) is a slightly bitter and green mandarin leaf (all the rage as a note back then) that avoids turning Addict into a gourmand as they are known today. Addict is a full fledged sweet floriental; rose, jasmine, night blooming cereus or night jasmine or queen of the night (take your pick!) that move in and out and all around the vanilla, which is beautifully dark like the Mexican variety, and is surrounded by a smoky veil that leads to adult creaminess. The sandalwood, which was always stated as Mysore is not; it would have been extremely expensive to use, not to mention almost impossible to obtain by then, but it isn’t screechy or sour; it’s creamy, buttery, boozy and it shows how it can feel like phantom Mysore when mixed with care and talent. I never got the oakmoss, but I did get the most creamy florals, in a most addictive way, which every once in a blue moon take a slightly plasticky feel. Weird, but it’s part of the magic that makes Addict a friend of Shalimar, Habanita and Lou Lou, each showcasing the dirtier side of vanilla.

Addict is a beautiful scent. It followed the success of Hypnotic, which took me longer to appreciate, and showed a somewhat younger and more energizing facet; it came at the right time, at the right place, and with the right name. Hypnotic was almond liqueur Femme Fatale while Addict was an intoxicating vanilla elixir, felt like a drug, and had a naughty first add which got banned months after its release in favor of a censored one. In a subliminal way, Addict was Opium for the new Millenium!
The forgotten extrait feels like the heart and base of the edp from the start, has a bit of powder in the middle, and lacks the sense of rush that the edp has. It’s deeper, very oily on skin with a deep amber color that stains, and lasts until you wash it of. Total powerhouse power for both!

As for current Addict, which I tried just for the sake of it, well it does smell like Addict (still) but it’s basically orange blossom and vanilla. The green opening tinge is gone, as is the smoke that surrounds the vanilla, and the sandalwood feels very ‘Le Labo Santal’. Not the worst reformulation out there, but it’s definitely not Addict(ive). It would have worked better as a flanker.
Serenissima
in search of suede leather
At the beginning of the seventies I met the scents of Christian Dior and fell in love with them.
The nevertheless simple glass flacons were provided only with a banderole in the dog-tooth pattern; in different colors: black-white, dark blue-white and pink-white patterned.
The caps matched in colour.
"Diorissimo" was my favourite with its beautiful lily of the valley note; "Dioressence" was given to me by the wife of my boss at that time.
She was employed in one of the former perfumeries of the former boxer Bubi Scholz.
How great was that - back then?!
As young as I was, I knew that I had quite extraordinary scents for this time.
One notices: I still have them in very good memory today.

In the course of time my fragrant companions changed; the fragrances of Christian Dior were forgotten.
In 2010 I suddenly had to own "Diorissomo" urgently: the lily of the valley lured me very strongly again now that my youth was over.
So I bought a half full bottle and was horrified: what had I bought there?
I had heard nothing about reformulations until I came here.
So I was just disappointed and left the brand Christian Dior out of the picture again.

Through the interesting exchange of experiences here at Parfumo and the many scent samples, we got closer again. I dared again to test the fragrance compositions of this company.
"I already liked "Cuir Cannage" very much; so I also asked for a bottling of "Dior Addict" - and became a seeker.

Here, immediately after spraying, I notice a slight hint of fine suede leather, which I really like. Is it the blackberry that develops so much in me?
I like the dark fruitiness of the blackberry very much, at least since I got to know "Blackberry & Bay" by Jo Malone.
Should this berry develop into an elegant leather note on my skin?
I'm not going to find out, so I'm going back to the Dior Addict fragrance Something green blends into this berry/leather shade; is it the mandarin leaf?
Anyway: now full blossomed jasmine, a little bitter and here again slightly decaying smelling.
A peculiarity I find more often in jasmine.
Her "majesty, the rose", one of the heavy-scented varieties, raises her head; but she has to cede her place at the top of the fragrance to the Queen of the Night: she brings her aromatic sweetness with her.
The flowers of the night all smell so sweet and intense (I only think of the porcelain flower).
Before I am almost anaesthetised by the heaviness of this fragrance, I meet the delicate orange blossom.
This delicate, fine creature neutralizes the powerful fragrance intensity very cleverly.
Sweet and opulent is "Dior Addict" already now.
This aroma increases lavishly as the creamy white Bourbon vanilla appears.
The sweet tonka bean aroma once again appears in her shadow.
For a long time I have had the feeling with her that this addition to vanilla is too much for me: you have to like that!
After all, sandalwood compensates me for this enormous explosion of scents.
Now I can get involved with "Dior Addict" with its opulence and sensuality.

Sillage and durability are enormous; they meet all expectations of a heavy Oriental.
But I also notice that this perfume becomes a bit annoying over such a long period of time.
The need to wash off "Dior Addict" at some point is great, but it's almost hopeless! This fragrance holds and holds and holds with me - felt infinitely long!
Unfortunately, only the light, so pleasant suede leather scent is soon lost.
Maybe it's just me?

However, getting involved with a fragrance and really liking a fragrance are two pairs of shoes!
I think "Dior Addict" is really appealing, but I will stop bottling to continue my journey.
It was nice to have made this acquaintance; but from my point of view it doesn't have to be more than that.
It's nothing more than a little flirtation!
The name says it all
Oh, shit! Not so long ago, I fell in love with Dior Addict. However, in the version of 2014.

Out of curiosity I also wanted to test the original version from 2002, I thought that the two are probably similar. And that the one I have will be enough for me. Because I like it really good.

Well... And now I'm sitting here, 2002 left, 2014 right. And yes, they are alike. But no, the one is not enough for me! :-)

The 2014 begins fresh and so vital, is extroverted and loud. He's clearly yelling, "Hey, here I am!"
The 2002 is no less confident. But he is much more subtle, warm and sensual, somehow melancholic, gentle and infinitely deep. He's like a promise, like a sweet secret...

That's why I love the 2014 no less. But this one's a real hammer, too! Yeah, they're alike. But each one of us also has something so special of his own that I would absolutely like to have this one, too, oh what, *wants*!!!

The name says it all! Then as now! :-)

CuteChemist
LOVE it! Great oriental vanilla, and strong!
I love this perfume! First of all, I have a bottle of the old stuff. Yes, I tried the reformulation. It wasn't as bad as people are claiming, but not quite as rich as the older version. For me this scent is extremely strong and I get headaches easily if I overdo it, but one spray (it comes out like a shower anyways, so that's all I need) is magical. The scent lasts forever on the skin and is sexy, rich, and full bodied. Men love it, women love it. It's got a very unique smell in the way that Dior Hypnotic Poison does. They don't smell alike, but to me the idea of them being so strange but yet so appealing is something they have in common. These fragrances come from a different era of Dior- the last great Dior fragrance era (before they started reformulating every single mainstream scent they make within a matter of years). I won't wax poetic on the notes, as they don't do the scent justice. The scent is a vanilla oriental, but nothing "run of the mill". It's such a unique experience that just has to be tried. There's nothing else like it out there... well, except XOXO Heartbeat, but that's another story...

Dior Addict 2002
I had actually bought and tried the new 2012 version of this first because I couldn't find a bottle of the 2002 original version. It was love at first sniff. Then I was out one day and came across the original formulation! (My bottle was manufactured August, 2010.) Score! This does smell very similar to the new formulation, but it's better. It's deeper, stronger and lasts longer than the new version. There is just a bit more going on with this one. With the new one, there have been notes in the scent that have been removed giving it a slightly watered down effect. I don't know why Dior would do this? Why change a classic fragrance? Maybe this was their attempt at trying to modernize it or an attempt to save some manufacturing costs? I have no idea. All I know is this perfume is a masterpiece! I am totally in love with it! My overall favourite perfume! It's a total knock out! You can't wear this and not be noticed. Very smooth and sexy! I'm a big fan of anything with a vanilla note in it and this fragrance does it better than any other. It's a vanilla lovers dream! If I could only wear one fragrance for the rest of my life, this would be it! If you can still find this discontinued version, don't hesitate to buy it. You'll be glad you did!

Sexy - not loud
I was lucky enough to get a decant of the original Dior "Addict" from a generous member, and what a delicious scent emanates from that little trophy. On the skin it is blooming right away with a message, "sexy I am" but make no mistake, things will take time. That is probably the vanilla note which keeps the heavier notes of jasmine and rose toned down. Add to this the longlasting wearability enhanced with sandalwood and tonka bean, and you have a winner.

No wonder that many flankers followed.

What's under the cloak?
There is a note in Addict that I cannot place but that keeps me coming back for more all the time: the more I wear it, the more I want it, it's like catnip, lol.
I have never encountered any other fragrance that could do this.
(Sure enough, it is absent from the reformulated version, I guess the IFRA couldn't let us have too much fun)

Addict is an unctuous, opaque scent, think of it as a luxurious damask cloak. A dark, smoky vanilla with floral undertones and a huge wollop of musk, it needs to be applied very, VERY sparingly to let your skin come through and work its magic, otherwise you end up with a building slammed on your head and everyone in a 10 mile radius gassed stiff.
But if done right, Addict is a bewitching, narcotic brew that can reduce the most focused thinker into a glassy eyed babbling fool, its sillage is all velvety smooth and its longevity will let your presence be felt long after you have gone.

If there ever was a fragrance for which "less is more" applied, Addict is it.

Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Smoky soultry vanilla, green mandarin leaves, creamy sandalwood. One of the best vanillas post Shalimar, last great Dior b/f flankermania.
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Best designer vanilla,doesn't matter the formulation.

Für Fresh: Verschleiß - das Holz hat auch schon bessere Zeiten gesehen  ....
by MariNom
by MariNom
Verkehrte Welt - so unwirklich wie unsere Wirklichkeit ....
by Spektrum
by Digindirt
by Carnolie
by Carnolie

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior