Dior Addict 2002 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2002
Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Bottle Design Thierry de Baschmakoff
Top 55 in Women's Perfume
Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2002. The scent is oriental-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Thierry Wasser

Top Notes Top NotesBlackberryBlackberry
Mandarin orange leafMandarin orange leaf
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Queen-of-the-nightQueen-of-the-night
Orange blossomOrange blossom
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla
SandalwoodSandalwood
Tonka beanTonka bean

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 15.09.2021.

In the face
Everyone knows those days when you literally can't help but reminisce. You start thinking about something, fantasizing back, and suddenly you're spellbound and captivated because of your resume. This way of looking at yourself quickly becomes reflexive, when you go so far as to ask yourself, what if? What if I had been in that situation then, with my current understanding?
And so, as I read, listen to, and most importantly smell Dior Addict, I inevitably think back to 2010.

I was just 20 at the time and was doing my community service in the emergency department of a hospital. This was exceedingly exciting. The range of cases was enormous and I saw it as suitable preparation for my upcoming medical studies. My main job was to receive people from the ambulance, help them onto a stretcher and push them into the treatment area. Of course, the newly arriving patients had to be entered into the hospital system so that documentation, diagnoses, etc. could be recorded. This job, of course, is not done by community service workers, but by experienced nurses. In my case, there was one particularly capable and exceptional woman. She was perhaps the same age as my mother and extremely attentive, sensitive, witty and empathetic. We completed many services together and always got to talk at great length.
She had a daughter who was about my age and was doing a year abroad in Ireland at the time. So she was relatively far away. In retrospect, I think I may have been a sort of communicative substitute for her child, who was contactable but still somehow unreachable. She told me a lot about her and I loved listening. She drew a picture that let me participate very authentically in her mother-daughter relationship. Not only the beautiful sides, but also problems, concerns, worries and fears she shared with me. For example, she told me that her daughter cries a lot at the moment and is very unhappy. The host family does not accept her as she expected. This was sad and I felt very sorry. The situation in Ireland became more and more drastic, so that her daughter broke off the year abroad after two months and returned to Germany.

Probably her mother told her as much about me as she told me about her. And so one warm April day she came to pick up her mother from duty at the hospital. I was there too, knowing she was coming and looking forward, excited. I hadn't seen a picture of her before, but when she faced me, I pictured her exactly the same. But one detail was different from my imagination; she was even more beautiful. She wore a beige trench coat and looked very smart, grown up and yet exceedingly cute at the age of 19. I was enchanted from that point on.
From her mother's stories, I knew there was someone else besides me who longed for her return, her boyfriend.
I don't remember exactly what day of the week we first came face to face, but the Saturday after that I was partying with friends at a club. And on the way to the bar, she ran into me. We talked for what felt like an eternity until her friends wanted to go home. We exchanged numbers and texted half the night. We dated and if not on the first date, at least on the second, I kissed her. She returned the kiss and since then it has probably been one of, if not THE most memorable in my life so far. Afterwards she said that unfortunately it was not possible and I apologized.
After a short radio silence we wrote again. I guess she couldn't do without me any more than I could do without her. We met again and kissed. I knew she had a boyfriend and everything seemed kind of hopeless, but we were so young and it was summer. She returned every kiss, yet regretted it anew every time shortly after. My (unspoken) wish that she break up with her then partner remained unfulfilled to this day.
We met again and again, until it was no longer possible. I could not do it anymore, when I wanted it all the more.
I wrote her a farewell letter and bought her the fragrance she wore every time since we first met, Dior Addict.

As the name of the fragrance indicates, I too was addicted to it. One that would catapult me to the highest heights in a frenzy, only to have me sink into the deepest blue of the sea just moments later. It's a scent that revealed life to me in its fullest when I was in my twenties. Every time I smelled it, I felt safe, although I knew that this feeling would be short-lived. It exuded dignity and calm where often there was only uncertainty and naivety. I associate this scent with a deep intimacy and closeness. One that was still so often on my nose at home and alone. I loved it and yet it deceived me and yet again made me deeply sad. It is a scent that triggers memories of beauty and vulnerability. That "Queen of the Night" dominates the heart accord is as consequential as it is fatefully ironic. I don't know if there is still this one bottle in a mirrored cabinet not far from me. If so, then I know that something will always remain. And somehow that is a beautiful thought.
What a beauty
When I first smelled Addict, I was probably around 17. At the time, I thought the scent was so great that I remembered it for years. As it is with 17 years, the price was simply unaffordable and "shopping on the Internet" was somehow not yet an option for me. Then came fragrances like Hypnotic Poison and other scents that interested me a bit more at the time and Addict kind of faded into oblivion - although I could still remember it being AWESOME. I just always thought that I "used to" just liked and somewhat romanticize on everything that "somehow smells like vanilla".

Well, I have underestimated my nose! Now, at 34 years, I have tested again Addict 2002 after such a long time and must say: I was right :D

Once again a fragrance by Thierry Wasser (slowly I feel persecuted ;)) and anything but "halt somehow something with vanilla". This is a very, very beautiful, really round and incredibly elegant fragrance - and I count vanilla greats like Shalimar (EDT, EDP, Vintage-edt, all three "Routes", Spiriteuse Double Vanille) to my collection. Admittedly: a little proud I am already on my good teenie smell ;)

But enough self-congratulation! Addict already starts beautifully, with a perfect balance of warm balsamic notes and florals. It's voluminous and heavy, but never too overpowering. I like the base so much that I can hardly keep my nose off my wrist. The tonka bean, which sometimes comes across as almost a bit too titzy and sticky for me, has been nicely dosed here and doesn't interfere at all. I am really impressed!
Christmas is coming
Addict, that is for me winter, Christmas market, roasted almonds, cinnamon stars, mulled wine! The perfect companion on cold days! Warm as a fireplace and just as romantic. Longevity and sillage are endless, on clothes it survives the wash. I smell cinnamon very distinctly, but when I think vanilla, I smell it. I can also detect nutmeg and clove. The body lotion is also wonderful.
Conclusion: a winter fragrance that belongs in every collection!
Winter dream
Winter dream

Queen of the

Night ✨✨✨

It's winter... it's very cold outside... i sit in front of the fire with hot cocoa and in my hand I hold a gingerbread fresh out of the oven ... the hot, sweet drink warms my whole body ... and the spicy gingerbread runs on my tongue and shoots its aromatic spices into my taste buds ... ❤️

Under my soft blanket is so warm and cuddly ... the warmth radiates through and envelops my whole body ..

... i'm getting sleepy because I can let go of everything..
Just enjoying doing nothing... i have the feeling I've arrived...

I look out the window and watch how filigree and beautiful the snowflakes ❄ ❄ ❄ dance..

every now and then the sun shines directly on the flakes and you can see exactly how the small glittering play of colours becomes a big spectacle ... all colours dance together as if they were one ... the play of colours is unbelievably beautiful ... the glittering thousands of colours ...❤❤❤

It's getting dark and cool ... the queen of the night won't let us wait much longer for her ... ✨✨✨

This is a fragrance you have to warm up with... it is very intense and spicy ... it can be warmed up very slowly with distance..

It is powerful and magnificent! She strives for life... Her power is tangible and present in every movement. She does not like compromises !!

There she is... the queen of the night... her name - Dior Addict. !! She carries her name with pride!
The Queen of the Night
I got to know Addict from Dior here on Parfumo while browsing through the fragrances.
When he came out in 2002, I seem to have missed that somehow.
I wanted to get to know him over 10 years later and was looking for a 2002 bottle, which I found and of course got It was a 100ml residual bottle in midnight blue without golden collar. Unfortunately there is not much left inside, but from time to time I enjoy the noble drop. Unfortunately, I have to be economical with the 2002 version.

Dior`s Addict is a heavy, sweet, erotic scent that really fits the night best.
During the day, overdosage risks making you look too "dressed up". Therefore you should be very economical when using it during the day. But best at night as well..

I smell white-blooming plants like orange blossom and jasmine here, the blackberry doesn't get through to me like that. A little rose shows up, but she has a hard time standing up to the white flowers. But here one should not expect a rose scent The queen of the night blossoms with her sweet and swollen flowers. Vanilla and sandalwood give the fragrance even more warmth.
No scent for wallflowers or gray mice as they say...although still waters often have a deep foundation, so this is not quite true. Or better said, no scent, if you don't want to attract attention.

The Queen of the Night (Selenicereus grandiflorus) is a cactus species from the genus Selenicereus. Its name is derived from Selene, the Greek goddess of the moon. There are some species of this cactus and almost all of them flower only for one night, sometimes two nights in a row, in the year. The blossom is up to 30 cm tall, white and smells bewitchingly sweet and intense. Its flower often attracts bats for pollination, but I can imagine that moths also participate in pollination. The plant itself likes to climb, even up to 5 meters high. I know the scent, my mother has such a cactus. Unfortunately I have not been able to enjoy her scent for a long time, since I moved out of my home.

Finally, to distinguish between the individual versions:
The original version from 2002 has a solid blue bottle, only the twist-off head is golden. The inscription "Dior Addict" can be found at the top right next to the atomizer.
The 2012 version has a golden collar, top right is still Dior Addict.
This version is still quite good, but it doesn't last as long as the first one The 2014 version only has the inscription "Dior" at the very bottom, the inscription is missing at the top right. Also the head appears to me now silver instead of gold and the turning device to close it has given way to a normal lid closure to remove it.
I cannot say anything about the latest version 2014 in terms of fragrance, as I only have the first two.

Maybe I'll be lucky enough to get an older bottle again. I'd go for it
The Opera, Wagner & Addict
I remember it so well, even though it was ages ago... I am and always have been the rock chic one! And always will be ♥️
Now I received an invitation from a young man to the State Opera, there was Wagner. For me it was madness! Black evening gown, all the splendour of the opera, Wagner's music a shake of my foundations, a stimulating guy next to me... i loved this evening! But everything faded against the scent I perceived on a lady nearby. With every move she made, a unique scent clouded over to me.
It was hard, intense us so different from anything I knew. I was fragrance paralyzed!
It didn't let me rest the whole evening and I asked the lady on the way out (yes, I followed you!) what an exciting scent she was wearing.
Dior Addict, was your casual answer and she floated away in your heavenly fragrance cloud.
Well, I bought as soon as possible weekdays to turquoise and Addict. The 2002 version.
Great love! Until today! ♥️ I have almost not changed, all these years and now I wear the new version with grudging teeth. It's good too, but "my" addict lasted forever, was still there after a shower or a hot night, still that redefining component that I love so much. Addicted to Addict!
Sexy cuddly scent
This scent has buzz! I like Dior Addict 2002 much better than the current version, which I also like very much, and so I couldn't help but discover this fragrance in the souk and order it. Today the fragrance post finally reached me with a generous filling. I'm testing pretty right now. In the beginning it smelled slightly of blackberry, but already heavy. After a few minutes a flowery heavy note was added, but by no means sultry but very pleasant. In addition, there was a beautiful bourbon vanilla note and something slightly reminiscent of cinnamon. A beautiful cuddly, sexy scent that I like very much. This fragrance is like a racy woman, a fast sports car, a noble horse. As a song I associate it with "God is a Woman" by Ariana Grande. "When all is said and done, you believe God is a woman." Incredibly warm, heavy and seductive. This fragrance exudes its charm best in the evening hours and wraps one in the cold season in a wonderful warm, cuddly Duftaura. This fragrance exudes a radiant golden aura. The heavy scent of flowers and vanilla in the air. God is a woman, or the woman who wears it is a goddess!
Midnight blue
For a long time I wanted to test this fragrance ..but whenever I have sniffed at the bottle ... it was not so my ...
I don't know anyone who doesn't like this scent.
This beautiful midnight blue bottle however already spoke to me at .
So I gave myself a jolt to test this one, because I had seen an offer and wanted to buy it already blind ...
A sprayer on the wrist...I didn't smell directly, wanted to give both of us some time to get used to each other :)
Hmmm...you beautiful midnight blue flacon...what can I say.... unfortunately, the fragrance pyramid applies 0.0% to me...: I only smell an unpleasant spice...:I automatically had to think of omis...:
I hoped very much that my environment had not smelled me so strongly...it was a little embarrassing ...
I think I'm the only person in the world who can't wear dior Addict... it's a pity...

Diormania
I’ve been wearing Addict ever since it came out, but I never really came around to review it. I guess I took it for granted.
My review is for the 2002 original of which I’ve been lucky (and wise) enough to backup 2 100ml bottles as soon as I got my first and long gone one (September 2002) and for the extrait which I bought the same year for Xmas. As of now, it’s still found on Ebay, though getting harder to.

Addict embodies all that was happening in the turn of the Millenium. In a sense, it’s a scent capsule. While mainstream had a few good years left, Dior didn’t, and luckily Galliano had the opportunity to envision this and Dior Homme as his exit opus. Kind of vulgar, at times trashy, but always addictive, Addict is logomania, glossy bronzed skin, lots of naked skin actually, gloss, neon colored huge sunglasses and electronic music. Everything that was in and cool at the time, and part of what catapulted Dior to 21st century stardom.
Created by a younger Thierry Wasser, this is a vanilla rush; smoky, leathery, sexy vanilla.
The original opening (and this has been lost in subsequent reformulations) is a slightly bitter and green mandarin leaf (all the rage as a note back then) that avoids turning Addict into a gourmand as they are known today. Addict is a full fledged sweet floriental; rose, jasmine, night blooming cereus or night jasmine or queen of the night (take your pick!) that move in and out and all around the vanilla, which is beautifully dark like the Mexican variety, and is surrounded by a smoky veil that leads to adult creaminess. The sandalwood, which was always stated as Mysore is not; it would have been extremely expensive to use, not to mention almost impossible to obtain by then, but it isn’t screechy or sour; it’s creamy, buttery, boozy and it shows how it can feel like phantom Mysore when mixed with care and talent. I never got the oakmoss, but I did get the most creamy florals, in a most addictive way, which every once in a blue moon take a slightly plasticky feel. Weird, but it’s part of the magic that makes Addict a friend of Shalimar, Habanita and Lou Lou, each showcasing the dirtier side of vanilla.

Addict is a beautiful scent. It followed the success of Hypnotic, which took me longer to appreciate, and showed a somewhat younger and more energizing facet; it came at the right time, at the right place, and with the right name. Hypnotic was almond liqueur Femme Fatale while Addict was an intoxicating vanilla elixir, felt like a drug, and had a naughty first add which got banned months after its release in favor of a censored one. In a subliminal way, Addict was Opium for the new Millenium!
The forgotten extrait feels like the heart and base of the edp from the start, has a bit of powder in the middle, and lacks the sense of rush that the edp has. It’s deeper, very oily on skin with a deep amber color that stains, and lasts until you wash it of. Total powerhouse power for both!

As for current Addict, which I tried just for the sake of it, well it does smell like Addict (still) but it’s basically orange blossom and vanilla. The green opening tinge is gone, as is the smoke that surrounds the vanilla, and the sandalwood feels very ‘Le Labo Santal’. Not the worst reformulation out there, but it’s definitely not Addict(ive). It would have worked better as a flanker.
Serenissima
in search of suede leather
At the beginning of the seventies I met the scents of Christian Dior and fell in love with them.
The nevertheless simple glass flacons were provided only with a banderole in the dog-tooth pattern; in different colors: black-white, dark blue-white and pink-white patterned.
The caps matched in colour.
"Diorissimo" was my favourite with its beautiful lily of the valley note; "Dioressence" was given to me by the wife of my boss at that time.
She was employed in one of the former perfumeries of the former boxer Bubi Scholz.
How great was that - back then?!
As young as I was, I knew that I had quite extraordinary scents for this time.
One notices: I still have them in very good memory today.

In the course of time my fragrant companions changed; the fragrances of Christian Dior were forgotten.
In 2010 I suddenly had to own "Diorissomo" urgently: the lily of the valley lured me very strongly again now that my youth was over.
So I bought a half full bottle and was horrified: what had I bought there?
I had heard nothing about reformulations until I came here.
So I was just disappointed and left the brand Christian Dior out of the picture again.

Through the interesting exchange of experiences here at Parfumo and the many scent samples, we got closer again. I dared again to test the fragrance compositions of this company.
"I already liked "Cuir Cannage" very much; so I also asked for a bottling of "Dior Addict" - and became a seeker.

Here, immediately after spraying, I notice a slight hint of fine suede leather, which I really like. Is it the blackberry that develops so much in me?
I like the dark fruitiness of the blackberry very much, at least since I got to know "Blackberry & Bay" by Jo Malone.
Should this berry develop into an elegant leather note on my skin?
I'm not going to find out, so I'm going back to the Dior Addict fragrance Something green blends into this berry/leather shade; is it the mandarin leaf?
Anyway: now full blossomed jasmine, a little bitter and here again slightly decaying smelling.
A peculiarity I find more often in jasmine.
Her "majesty, the rose", one of the heavy-scented varieties, raises her head; but she has to cede her place at the top of the fragrance to the Queen of the Night: she brings her aromatic sweetness with her.
The flowers of the night all smell so sweet and intense (I only think of the porcelain flower).
Before I am almost anaesthetised by the heaviness of this fragrance, I meet the delicate orange blossom.
This delicate, fine creature neutralizes the powerful fragrance intensity very cleverly.
Sweet and opulent is "Dior Addict" already now.
This aroma increases lavishly as the creamy white Bourbon vanilla appears.
The sweet tonka bean aroma once again appears in her shadow.
For a long time I have had the feeling with her that this addition to vanilla is too much for me: you have to like that!
After all, sandalwood compensates me for this enormous explosion of scents.
Now I can get involved with "Dior Addict" with its opulence and sensuality.

Sillage and durability are enormous; they meet all expectations of a heavy Oriental.
But I also notice that this perfume becomes a bit annoying over such a long period of time.
The need to wash off "Dior Addict" at some point is great, but it's almost hopeless! This fragrance holds and holds and holds with me - felt infinitely long!
Unfortunately, only the light, so pleasant suede leather scent is soon lost.
Maybe it's just me?

However, getting involved with a fragrance and really liking a fragrance are two pairs of shoes!
I think "Dior Addict" is really appealing, but I will stop bottling to continue my journey.
It was nice to have made this acquaintance; but from my point of view it doesn't have to be more than that.
It's nothing more than a little flirtation!

Ka3nKa3n 7 months ago
I have a bottle of 2002 edition. One I won't let go but may share with others. 2002 was their best year in general. Gorgeous composition.
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Smoky soultry vanilla, green mandarin leaves, creamy sandalwood. One of the best vanillas post Shalimar, last great Dior b/f flankermania.

Für Fresh: Verschleiß - das Holz hat auch schon bessere Zeiten gesehen  ....
by MariNom
by MariNom
Verkehrte Welt - so unwirklich wie unsere Wirklichkeit ....
by Spektrum
by Digindirt
by Carnolie
by Carnolie

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior