Dior Addict (2012) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2012
Dior Addict (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Addict (2012) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2012. The scent is oriental-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Top Notes Top NotesTangerine wood, Silk tree blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesQueen of the night
Base Notes Base NotesVanilla

Submitted by Aquila2110, last update on 01.02.2019

6.0/10

Just Not Into Dior?
Stepping through my four Dior FBs, I detect the same stuffy synthetic note in each. This one also has a bit more of the loud animalic in Poison. The result feels like being caught on the inside of the big cats house at the zoo with no air conditioning. Of the three (this, Poison, Hypnotic Poison and J'Adore) the only one I can wear is Hypnotic Poison. Must step through my Dior decants when I finish getting them all organized. Compared to these, the marvelous Dior Private Collection is in another galaxy.
7.5 5.0 5.0 6.0/10

The Sting
n 1930s Chicago, a young con man seeking revenge for his murdered partner teams up with a master of the big con to win a fortune from a criminal banker. The movie was titled, "THE STING."

DIOR ADDICT has THE STING. It's what you'd expect a femme fatal to smell like: mystery and mood, but also Mensa smart who manages to mind her manners. She's the woman you can't help but envy, the one whose hair always looks as if she's just left the salon, and you wouldn't be surprised to learn that she's fluent in several languages. She's an Ivy graduate who may very well be a white collar criminal. She's manicured and oh so polished. She never tries; she just does.

DIOR ADDICT doesn't sting your eyes or nose or skin, nothing like that, but it does have that subtle sting that you find in old-school bubble gums, a familiar subtle sting. DIOR ADDICT wears real fur without apology and feels most at home in silken slips.

She's an aloof lover who'll linger on his sheets and mind and still, she's the sophisticated friend who always knows where to find the best of everything. Best restaurant, best hotel, best cocktail, worldly without having to crack open a book.
10.0 9.0/10

My Fave GF Fragrance
I always appreciate the ladies' perspective on the men's fragrances. So I wanted to return the favor and add my commentary on Addict (2012), in case one man's perspective is informative to a prospective female buyer. I'm a bit ignorant of most of the ladies' scents, as I just don't keep up with them like I do the men's. This one, however, stands out to me as very nice - in fact, only one of two that I request the girlfriend wear by name (Angel EDP being the other).

I am a fan of sweetish-gourmand fragrances; Midnight in Paris and Pure Malt for example. Addict is very similar to those in key respects, but wears so much differently on female skin, or at least for my favorite female. Vanilla is the only note in the fragrance that I'm sure I'm familiar with, the others have exotic-sounding names that I'm sure are euphemisms for atypical aroma-chemicals, and because they're new to me I can't even clearly identify them. Whatever they are though, they evoke the words "smooth", "warm" and "intoxicating" to me. I don't get this same effect from many female fragrances, which tend to be floral or fresh to my nose - all of which is nice, it's just not "woof!", like Addict.

The aroma of Addict is feminine and classy, but sensual at the same time. I think this fragrance dresses upscale or down just fine. The projection and sillage are enough to provide a definite come-hither effect, but it's not loud, and stays composed for a lengthy wearing. I'd say it's an all-day affair. I don't think its a 4-season fragrance, but it does seem to wear fine in temperate or cold weather, anything but the heat really. Taken together I'd be inclined to say it's fairly versatile.

So, at the risk of re-stating what may already be common knowledge among the ladies' crowd on Basenotes: if you ever get a chance to try Addict, do yourself the favor. Even better, if you have a significant other, invite him along, spray and wait 5 minutes then have him smell you. Watch his face. I think the rest will sell itself :)

Solid 9/10.
5.0 7.5 10.0 10.0/10

Dior Addict-The Name Says It All
What a delightful surprise this fragrance is to me. She sits close to me, yet stays with me all night and awakens with me, her delicate gourmand notes still intact. Dior Addict is a comfortable scent, boozy smooth with a headiness that wraps around me like an over-sized sweater that I reach for over and over to wear over my straight leg jeans and DVF boots. There's a sexy, lanquid feel going on, almost panther-like, so slow and sexy, cat-eye and all. A transformation begins whenever I wear this perfume. And wear it I do whenever I feel mysterious or playful.
The night blooming cereus and tonka beans intertwine to make this a creamy frag that boldly speaks for itself in an unassuming way that sneaks up on those around the wearer. The name says it all. This is a sexy Oriental that doesn't pack cloying sweetness into its delicious notes.
Dior Addict lasts long, radiates well, works well with my chemistry, what more could I want? It's really that good.

Dior Addict 2012
I love this. I mean I really, really, really love this!!!!!! I am a guy who likes to wear men's and women's fragrances but I'm picky with both. I don't go for anything too boring or ordinary. I always look for something special in every scent I'm drawn to. Everything I love about a ladies fragrance that is totally wearable by a man is wrapped up in this gem. It's edgy and sophisticated and when you wear it you can feel an aura of something wonderful enveloping your senses. It's irresistible. I feel incredibly confident when I'm sporting this. Like I'm ready to take on the world. I am a huge vanilla lover and this perfume does it really well. I could wear this every single day and never get tired of it. One of my absolute favorites!

Jazzy76 7 months ago
Intoxicating sweet drug, very longlasting and with a wonderful sillage. How not to be addicted?+1
9.0