Dior Addict 2014 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2014
Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Top 32 in Women's Perfume
Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2014. The scent is sweet-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Vanilla | 28

Top Notes Top NotesMandarin orange leafMandarin orange leaf Tunisian orange blossomTunisian orange blossom
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absoluteJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesBourbon vanillaBourbon vanilla

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 28.05.2022.

Vanilla Deluxe
Thanks to a bottling of the dear Moenique I was able to deal extensively with this wonderful fragrance in the last few days.

On Saturday evening, I rang in getting to know it - as usual on a strip of paper. I sifted through the scent pyramid beforehand. Tangerine leaves - I have already seen them in the supermarket on tangerines, I have sniffed them admittedly not yet (I will catch up in the near future). However, I once had a fragrance oil: Violet Leaf Absolute. It was very green and smelled like it: green, herbaceous, tart, a little bitter, minimally pungent - the scent of violets was only very faint. From therefore I was very curious whether and how I would perceive a similar note in the otherwise rather sweet-floral composition.

The top note: I smell nothing strikingly pungent or herbaceous-green-bitter, it seems rather floral, with delicate berry note (I really have to take soon in the supermarket a tangerine leaf in care and sniff). Orange blossom is discernible, but not in the foreground. Jasmine and vanilla don't hesitate and are right up front. Jasmine is not overbearing here, though (which makes me cheerful).

After about 10 minutes, the scent changes. The floral character gives way to the warm sensuality of vanilla. I feel like I smell benzoin siam and some iris, even though they're not listed here. Wonderfully cozy, subtly powdery. And just vanilla. Real vanilla.

I already wrote it in my statement: I think you can clearly perceive the real vanilla here. Perhaps for better understanding: there are vanillin and vanilla in different qualities.
Imagine you have vanillin sugar. It smells like vanilla, but it only has some of the chemical compounds found in a real vanilla bean. But enough to tell your brain that something smells or tastes like vanilla.
Then there's ground vanilla powder. Here, a pod is usually ground after the pith has been scraped out. The taste is much rounder than the vanillin flavor, and so is the smell.
And then there are vanilla beans. The inclined Christmas baker knows the small test tube-like containers in which the same are usually stored. These vanilla beans also contain the pulp of the vanilla, and just the latter smells and tastes much more intense than the first two. Especially if you leave them for 6 years, because you don't get to bake cakes and cookies for various reasons *cough*
--- "Yaaaaaa, it's still good, just let it RIPEN some more!"---

If I have to rank the Addict vanilla - and here I'm pulling in my ground vanilla powder and the pod that's about 6 years old, vanilla sugar I don't have there - then this is in between the powder and the pod in terms of smell. Vanilla in full fragrance glory, so to speak.

On the skin, the scent develops very similarly, however: the durability on the skin is with me at the highest 2-3 hours. Then the magic is gone. On the clothes, however, a spritz is enough to smell the whole day. I applied a rather large spritz this morning and even now I still smell very intense. Sunday and yesterday I got compliments for the smaller dose applied to the skin (but also absorbed somewhat by the clothes). Today, I had the big spritz on clothes only and those around me clearly told me that my scent tail was too much. So the sillage is obviously above average, is yes also good to know.

My conclusion: Addict is a very nice, round vanilla fragrance, elegant, somewhat sexy, in the right dose not intrusive and very pleasing to many noses. Very intense and long lasting on clothes. Basically a successful, balanced composition.

Two things I have noticed when sniffing, however, and I write this here, even if it may border on blasphemy or idiocy for the one or the other:

1. As much as I like the real bourbon vanilla in desserts or in coffee and consume a pinch there daily, I obviously like the stripped down vanilla notes in fragrances. I sprayed another fragrance strip with JHAG Vanilla Vibes yesterday - yes, it's a very different kind of scent, more summery-light. The more artificial vanilla note in it pleases my nose better though, sort of suffices as a vanilla note for me personally. Maybe a bit of an idiot, and I'm wondering myself about that statement. When it comes to food, it's the other way around. There's nothing wrong with vanilla sugar or butter vanilla flavoring, you can make wonderful baked goods with it. But my palate clearly prefers real vanilla.

2. As nice, round, and sexy as the scent is, I wonder: how well does it suit me? I guess the men around me would say, "Great!" For men's noses, this one seems like a real dream. For myself, however, something is missing, namely an earthy, heavy note. Without a doubt, Addict is not a light fragrance. But that certain heavy something - patchouli, vetiver, oakmoss, musk, cedar, amber, sandalwood or something leathery - is missing from my nose when I wear it on myself. But even then, only then. When I have it here on the paper strip, I can't get sick of it. Find myself crazy, but that's the way it is.

And: just because I personally lack the earthy underpinnings, that in no way means that it's a the scent isn't good. It is perhaps comparable to a painting: you see it, admire it, enjoy the color composition, and yet know that it won't quite fit in your own four walls.
Kind of a shame. For me, Addict probably remains more of a paper stripe scent - there it actually has addictive potential for me.
Classic for life
For me, an absolute classic for a modern in the head young and tangy elegant woman of any age. This perfume fits the business woman, to the child woman, to the mature lady, simply to every woman, I find him flowery but not overloaded, he has a certain freshness and a restrained sensuality by the vanilla coming in the reverberation. A "woman" can't smell better than this. I am equally addressed to this fragrance by ladies and gentlemen, it does not tick, but always stands out very positively. I'm sure you'll still like it in 5 or 10 years, the angular midnight blue bottle is a noble understatement, classic without being playful or looking too childishly silly. I don't know any lady who doesn't like it and lifts her pretty little nose in the air when the scent spreads in the room. Different sizes and prices - who keeps the eyes open the good offers.
This perfume belongs for me to 8 out of 10 women.
Connie
Cinnamon buns with vanilla powder but why??
I was today in a perfumery near me and have finally Dior Addict can test. Actually, I was looking for something else but na Yes typical for me..l

What can I say except that I find the fragrance great... A bit dark, mysterious and unique... Very interesting and attractive mature... A winter fragrance to go out. Heavenly...I didn't expect it, because the Dior Addict is the only fragrance from Dior that I find interesting... Neither the exclusive collection nor the normal Diors, were until now my fragrances....

Very briefly I smell any floral notes that smell very noble then I immediately smell cinnamon... Warm delicious cinnamon buns straight from the oven... I notice the cinnamon note as soon as the scent moves into the dry down. Everything about me now smells like the most beautiful lukewarm cinnamon buns you can imagine... A lot of cinnamon and a lot of vanilla powder on top... Where does this very distinct cinnamon smell come from?? Even my husband thinks that it smells very much like cinnamon cookies, but where does it come from? I assume that it is the latest version, if it is now in the perfumery on the shelf but am I the only one who smells cinnamon in the fragrance?

I could have sworn it was mostly cinnamon and vanilla in the scent.... I'm confused.
Addicted to Vanilla
Infected by so many good reviews, I had to test the fragrance of course :-) One of the best vanilla scents? Then here with it!

Today the bottle arrived, it looks very classy and high quality and looks very pretty.

When I sprayed the fragrance then, I noticed first of all the fruity note, no trace of vanilla. Soon after vanilla finally mixed with it and the fruity stepped into the background. I was a little disappointed by the vanilla though, because it seemed very smoky to me and I already have a few scents of this type in my collection. Jasmine I could not perceive (thank God).
After about an hour then - oh man, this is really one of the most beautiful vanilla scents I've ever smelled! The smoky disappears and it becomes rather creamy-pudgy. With all this but not pappsüß, but noble and attractive, not at all stale.

I am blown away by this fragrance and am glad that I now have it in my collection. For the autumn and winter time super suitable, but also on festive summer evenings I can imagine him quite very well. Vanilla you should like though ;-)
over years and seasons
I love everything about summer; the fruits and vegetables, sports you can do outside, long evenings spent outside with friends drinking and eating good food, the brightness and long days, the warmth that invites you to dress lightly.
As summer draws to a close, there are a few reasons for me to look forward to the colder seasons as well, and one is to wear Dior Addict. The fits for me simply better to the autumn / winter.
I buy the fragrance since I was 14 or 15 years old again and again (now I'm 30, so Addict accompanies me half my life; name is program, I am addicted to it!). It never gets boring for me, always remains exciting, lovely and I am happy to wear this fragrance. And then I don't care if I'm sitting on the couch with lots of candles on, reading a good book and smelling it on me or going out. I've gotten compliments on it so many times; even from people who said they "didn't really like Addict at all"...
The scent has changed minimally over the years, but I no longer notice that at all.
My partner always says affectionately "rice pudding with cinnamon". So then I get a craving for cinnamon buns, preferably the ones with homemade vanilla pudding in the batter! And then it is usually baked (whether he has seen through?).
The little black
You close your eyes and a beautiful woman with endless long legs walks along you. She wears a short black dress made of silk and high sandals with thin straps.
The woman smells very good, elegant and sexy.

And that's exactly what this fragrance is.

A sexy elegant feminine fragrance with a strong H+S.

I like it a lot.
For me, he is more of an evening fragrance.
Great wonderful perfume
Find this fragrance really wonderful very feminine and magically sweet.

First and foremost, I always think of this fragrance:
- Milk - rice pudding- rice pudding with cinnamon- rice pudding with cinnamon and vanilla- rice pudding with cinnamon and vanilla and cocoa powder dusted.

So beautiful.
It also has something delicate about flowers but that's more in the background.

Why does this scent just give me that rice pudding feeling!!!?

Who is also like that?

I just love him will keep him forever in my collection.
Have also received many compliments.

I loved wearing it to fairs.

It's a wonderful fragrance.
On the way home
At the end of this work week, I was sitting on the tram today with a colleague and we were talking about this and that, when suddenly a young lady who was sitting behind me approached me:
"Excuse me, may I bother you a moment?" - We thought she might want to say something about our conversation, but she continued, "You smell so good, may I ask what that perfume is?"
i thanked her for the compliment and told her it was Dior Addict. She said, "I thought about really approaching you at first, but it's rare that I like a perfume sooo much ..."
In the end, we all enjoyed the experience ; )

Dior Addict is for me a fragrance in which I mean to smell more than the fragrance pyramid gives, I perceive, for example, also sandalwood, cinnamon and something like a trace incense.

This morning I still considered whether I should really wear it in expected 15 °, but somehow I felt like it.
Now I think I probably had to wear it so that the nice young lady in the tram could make his acquaintance.
Hello, plum jam?
Now I dedicate myself to this gem - Dior Addict 2014 - my first Dior Addict

And to preface it, I like it a lot! But let's go one level deeper.
If I had to describe it with adjectives, these hit the perfume pretty well:
timeless, expensive, romantic, offensive, intoxicating

You may be wondering about the title, but this is exactly the smell that popped into my nose in the heat of the moment: this is damson jam! A look at the top notes left me wondering once again - how can that be?
I gave the fragrance time to develop and increasingly noticed the soothing orange blossom, which briefly gives Dior Addict a playful character. That really impressed me very much.
I again let a little time pass so that the core of the fragrance was revealed to me. Vanilla and jasmine, or should I say vanilla versus jasmine? Vanilla is relatively disrespected by jasmine. Contrary to my expectation, this remained so on my skin, while I would not have minded if the good jasmine would have been a little more willing to compromise.

Durability and sillage are fine and reasonable in terms of price-performance ratio.
Try him gladly, I hope you leave me your opinion on the fragrance below :)

Dior Addict is a passable designer fragrance that works towards a goal. What kind of goal that is, then probably depends on the wearer :)
My great love
I first met you when I was in my early 20s. It was love at first sight. Unfortunately, not for my boyfriend. He thought you were awful. That's why you were put aside, as you were said to smell like older ladies and sensual was something else. (I still used you when I was out with my girlfriends and got compliments too). The friend remained and there came new fragrances to the goodwill of the man. Now 10 years have passed, I have now become 30. By chance I got hold of you at an unbeatable price. The first spray and I felt the old love for you again. And now? The same man likes it now ;) Lucky for me. Because you never forget the first great love. Do I count now with 30 to the older ladies? Hardly... :)

Durability: all day.( I find very important, what good is a good perfume if I have to constantly re-spray.)

Dior Addict is for me a signature fragrance. He is elegant and very attractive, mysterious.
On me it smells a bit tart/woody at first, however after about 15 min it unfolds into a warm sensual scent. The vanilla note is perfect!

Maybe I was at 19 just too young for this great fragrance and now at 30 feminine enough to wear it now.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 4 years ago
There's really a risk of addiction smelling this very good scent: warm, sexy and with a vanilla base noticeable but not sweetish.I love it!

Elektrisierend
by Lilau
by Somebody
by Somebody

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior