Dior Homme (2005)

Version from 2005
Dior Homme (2005) by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design: Tsutomu Kiyama
Dior Homme (2005) (Dior / Christian Dior)

Dior Homme (2005) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2005. The scent is powdery-sweet. The production was apparently discontinued.

Olivier Polge

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Iris, Cocoa, Cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Patchouli, Vetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 11.11.2018

Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 8.5/10
A Dandy's fragrance
I tried this scent because a friend told me about it awakening my curiosity. I never tested it and I was imagining something strong and very masculin . Well, just Yesterday, while I was at one of my favourite drugstores of my town, I asked the salesgirl to try this scent and when She sprayed the fragrance on the mouillette I remained starry-eyed: it smelled of iris and old lipsticks! A really unusual note for a masculin scent. So, closing my eyes I became to smell the accord and , after the flowery-powdery opening notes, I recognized a wonderful warm heart made of cocoa and spices and finally a leathery base made more vibrant by the green touch of the vetyver.
it's a masterful composition to wear like a haute couture suit. I think that if Oscar Wilde was still alive he could wear thi scent because it's the quintessence of the class.
The sillage is strong but not heavy, so for its discretion this scent could be worn at the office too .
The edt version is perfect in every season but I think it gives its best in the middle season. In winter you can try , mainly by night, the intense version, also recommended.
So, if you feel a dandy, don't miss this scent, although the price is very high. The quality, indeed, is high and the simple but refined squared bottle is a precious object to show on your perfumes shelf.
Finally, a consideration: some masterpieces are genderless to me, and this one is an example. I 'm talking to the ladies: don't mind the word "homme" (man) on teh packaging and dare to wear this scent (maybe stolen to your partners!) just like I did. The result will be really surprising!
Bottle 9.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Prince Of Perfumes
Scentrack
Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love

Dior Homme opens with Earl Gray bergamot and a touch if herbs, but immediately blown away by posh and luxurious iris note. Classic lavender (an ode to classic French perfumery) has resisted for some time, but the iris have been just too strong. Decadent, golden, and velvety iris just dances on my skin. I especially like some pale fruity undertones under this iris explosion, like a dry fruit aquarelle. Darker and sweeter cacao note introduces some gourmand tendencies. Cacao combined with patchouli, amber, but especially soft leather leads the golden iris into a warm and comforting base. The base gives me a soft tobacco touch.
Dior Homme is a masterpiece overall. Unfortunately, Polge’s version is discontinued. However, current Demachy’s version is still very good. A little bit more masculine and direct, but I still prefer soft and refined nuances of the original.

Rating: 10/10

More on Scentimentalwords
GUAUUUU
VERY VERY GOOD.
dior homme is very good. I do not like so much dior homme sport. Dior homme But it shows that it is a good perfume.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
I'm in love!
What a gorgeous fragrance this one is! The bottle, the juice... just gorgeous!

Dior has always tried to go in a different direction and really set a trend for men's fragrances, ever since Fahrenheit in 1988 when they decided to turn the male fragrance world on it's head, they did it again almost 20 years later with Dior Homme in 2005. Dior takes what it is to be a man and turns it upside down, turns the angle, shifts the perspective, so that you come to appreciate it even more.

To put it simply, Dior Homme does NOT smell like a typical men's fragrance, yet it IS masculine. Iris is a flower not used in male perfumery, it is used extensively in female fragrances (notably the butch/androgynous Chanel No.19), but here it is used in a way which, coupled with leather, vetiver and patchouli, gives off a very dry earthy vibe which still smells smooth and elegant. Now this isn't for every man, and many may say it's feminine. But to me, this just smells GOOD, in fact it smells really special.

This was the fragrance which started my interest in perfumery, without Dior Homme, I wouldn't even be here. The first time I smelt this, I fell in love.

In fact, first time I tried this, I really didn't associate the smell itself with any particular gender or sexual orientation... instead I thought to myself: "Wow! This is the best damn smell I've ever come across! Pure class & sex all in one gorgeous bottle..."

Listen, I don't expect everyone to like this, but for me, it just does it. Iris lightly dusted in cocoa powder, smooth creamy leather throughout, dry vetiver and earthy patchouli at the base, to me this smells like you are the richest man, the smoothest talker, both the familiar lover, and the dark stranger, the ultimate magician, the boss. All these personas rolled into one. I don't give a damn what you say... what you think... what you presume... or how you judge it. This. Stuff. Is. Beauty.

Dior, Mr. Slimane, Bravo, sir... I salute you!
jtd
Dior Femme?
The term 'pretty boy' is often intended as an insult. An aspersion, really, hurled from one straight man at another. Among us homos, though, the term isn't an affront.

Dior Homme is a pretty boy. Exceptionally so, in fact. Lord knows how this managed to see the light of day as a designer masculine.

To you straight men who wear it, well done. I'm not being facetious here. Smart move to wear a pretty fragrance. It can work on a straight man in a number of ways. It can play against type. It can announce the security of your ego. It can tell the world that aesthetics matter to you.

Not all perfumes are pretty, nor should they be. But let's admit it. Dior Homme is.
Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10 Scent 7.0/10
Classy and alluring
I came to find Dior Homme when on a shopping expedition, searching for a new male fragrance to gift my love.

Dior Homme strikes me as being very classy and sophisticated. This fragrance is essentially what I'd imagine a male model smelling like. A metrosexual fragrance, you may ask? I would agree entirely.

Mostly woodsy and aromatic, (particularly with the lavender and sage notes), Dior Homme does have a touch of sweetness, somewhat vanillic in its nature. The iris also gives this fragrance a unisex feel, which I think is correct. I would definitely consider wearing this fragrance myself on certain occasions.

The scent itself is smooth, confident and alluring. It doesn't have that animalistic effect that some male fragrances have on me, however if a man were to try and seduce me, while subjecting me to smelling this fragrance, I could get myself a little worked up on it. It's a scent that tends to crawl its way into your heart.

The sillage and lasting power of Dior Homme is well-worth the money spent. Dior makes such quality scents that I often feel that they deserve much more praise than they are given.

I was actually surprised to discover how unique Dior Homme is. As is the case with many popular male fragrances, I find them pleasant yet generic at the same time. Dior Homme was a nice discovery.

Unfortunately I found this fragrance too sophisticated for my rather creative and wild man. But in regards to buying something for my male friends, Dior Homme will be kept as a potential gift in my mind.

Jazzy76 100 days ago
A wonderful and surprising composition good for Her too: aromatic-powdery opening and warm-spicy heart on a leather.patchouli base. Lovely!+2
Bottle 8.0