Dior Homme 2005

Version from 2005
Dior Homme (2005) by Dior
Bottle Design Tsutomu Kiyama
Top 80 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme (2005) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2005. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. The production was apparently discontinued. Pronunciation

Olivier Polge

CardamomCardamom
Base Notes Base NotesLeatherLeather
PatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by Sani, last update on 15.05.2021.

Masterpiece
Gorgeous. Well done. Different from a lot of other things that I have tried. Great for winter or fall and even for summer nights. Unisex? maybe, go try it I would say. Such a smooth fragnance... super well blended
Fits
I don't know anything about make-up tables and lipsticks, so I can't make such often quoted associations. I don't care, this one of my favourite scents fits always and everywhere. When I wear it I am always surrounded by an aura of strength and confidence, of gentleness and willpower, I know that the world can only love me. Men, dare you!
SchatzSucher
Powdery-sweet also works well for men
It is very dangerous to be registered here and to dive bit by bit deeper and deeper into the fascinating world of fragrances, to renew old acquaintances, to make new acquaintances, which can even lead to love. Dislikes are also shaped.
Even before my active time here at Parfumo, I enjoyed reading along as a silent partner and discovered many things that had escaped me over the years.
That's how I came across the Dior-Homme series, which is generally very popular.
The first fragrance I bought from this series was 2015 Dior Homme Intense. This series had already been around for a few years and the fragrances were already in the 2nd generation.
So also the Dior Homme Eau de Toilette, which was given to me as a beautiful miniature when I bought it.

After some research I found out that there is an original version, which was created in 2005 by Olivier Polge, now house perfumer at Chanel.
And this version, which was replaced in 2011 by a version by François Demachy, is something that some perfumers mourn for.
Now a few months ago I was able to get hold of an almost full 50 ml bottle here in the souk and I am also very enthusiastic about this fragrance.
Surely not everyone likes powdery-sweet scents. I have read in many comments and statements that the scent of iris reminds me of make-up tables or lipstick. Partly I was very amused about the associations.
But I always think that not everyone has to like everything and in our fragrant world there is something for everyone.
Dior has paved new paths with this fragrance direction, because the term powdery did not previously appear in men's fragrances, as far as I know. There was talk of woody, spicy, animal, fougere or oriental. Dismissed by some as being too feminine, this scent is in my opinion masculine enough.

First of all, I smell a nice soft lavender note, which is refined with the typical herbal green bergamot aroma and a slight saline note. The prelude lingers only very briefly on its own, because the unmistakable powdery-dry iris note quickly becomes apparent, combined with a finely spiced cocoa note. Amber gives this certain sweetness, but it is not so oppressively heavy.
The powdery heart is the part that can be perceived most clearly and for the longest time over the entire fragrance process. Later, finely dosed notes of patchouli and an idea of leather add a little depth But leather does not come to the fore, that would have spoiled the scent for sure.
The fragrance appears very elegant and wonderfully composed. I would like to say that it is a perfect companion for official occasions, for beautiful evenings and festivities. In the office it also does very well, because it does not spread such an immense veil of scent. One is noticed, but the scent is not disturbing at all. Nothing scratches, pricks or irritates the nose.
On the contrary, Dior Homme is an absolute nose flatterer, cuddly, cuddly, soft, sensual and lovable.
I find the durability with 9 hours very good, after about 2 hours he withdraws a little bit, but you can still perceive the fragrance for a long time.
The bottle with the silver tube is simple as well as ingenious, perfectly matching the stylish elegance of the fragrance and is equipped with a very good sprayer.
Dior Homme fits in my opinion in every season, never seems out of place.

Are there any differences to the 2011 version? A few, I would like to say.
The current version seems to me a little woody, a little less sweet and a little spicier.
As far as durability is concerned, the current version is slightly inferior to the 2005 version with about 8 hours. Nevertheless a successful revision.

On the one hand it is of course a pity if a very good and popular fragrance is replaced by another version, on the other hand you will have had your reasons, even if we consumers cannot always understand them. And in this case one very good scent has been replaced by another very good scent.
In any case, I am extremely pleased that the original version of this great and outstanding fragrance has fallen into my hands and I was able to get to know it extensively.
And for this beautiful and more than successful fragrance composition and the interesting and polarizing scent direction I am happy to give full marks, because in the mainstream people were once willing to take a chance. And that has really succeeded.

A Dandy's fragrance
I tried this scent because a friend told me about it awakening my curiosity. I never tested it and I was imagining something strong and very masculin . Well, just Yesterday, while I was at one of my favourite drugstores of my town, I asked the salesgirl to try this scent and when She sprayed the fragrance on the mouillette I remained starry-eyed: it smelled of iris and old lipsticks! A really unusual note for a masculin scent. So, closing my eyes I became to smell the accord and , after the flowery-powdery opening notes, I recognized a wonderful warm heart made of cocoa and spices and finally a leathery base made more vibrant by the green touch of the vetyver.
it's a masterful composition to wear like a haute couture suit. I think that if Oscar Wilde was still alive he could wear thi scent because it's the quintessence of the class.
The sillage is strong but not heavy, so for its discretion this scent could be worn at the office too .
The edt version is perfect in every season but I think it gives its best in the middle season. In winter you can try , mainly by night, the intense version, also recommended.
So, if you feel a dandy, don't miss this scent, although the price is very high. The quality, indeed, is high and the simple but refined squared bottle is a precious object to show on your perfumes shelf.
Finally, a consideration: some masterpieces are genderless to me, and this one is an example. I 'm talking to the ladies: don't mind the word "homme" (man) on teh packaging and dare to wear this scent (maybe stolen to your partners!) just like I did. The result will be really surprising!

Prince Of Perfumes
Scentrack
Bobby Caldwell – What You Won’t Do For Love

Dior Homme opens with Earl Gray bergamot and a touch if herbs, but immediately blown away by posh and luxurious iris note. Classic lavender (an ode to classic French perfumery) has resisted for some time, but the iris have been just too strong. Decadent, golden, and velvety iris just dances on my skin. I especially like some pale fruity undertones under this iris explosion, like a dry fruit aquarelle. Darker and sweeter cacao note introduces some gourmand tendencies. Cacao combined with patchouli, amber, but especially soft leather leads the golden iris into a warm and comforting base. The base gives me a soft tobacco touch.
Dior Homme is a masterpiece overall. Unfortunately, Polge’s version is discontinued. However, current Demachy’s version is still very good. A little bit more masculine and direct, but I still prefer soft and refined nuances of the original.

Rating: 10/10

More on Scentimentalwords

GUAUUUU
VERY VERY GOOD.
dior homme is very good. I do not like so much dior homme sport. Dior homme But it shows that it is a good perfume.

I'm in love!
What a gorgeous fragrance this one is! The bottle, the juice... just gorgeous!

Dior has always tried to go in a different direction and really set a trend for men's fragrances, ever since Fahrenheit in 1988 when they decided to turn the male fragrance world on it's head, they did it again almost 20 years later with Dior Homme in 2005. Dior takes what it is to be a man and turns it upside down, turns the angle, shifts the perspective, so that you come to appreciate it even more.

To put it simply, Dior Homme does NOT smell like a typical men's fragrance, yet it IS masculine. Iris is a flower not used in male perfumery, it is used extensively in female fragrances (notably the butch/androgynous Chanel No.19), but here it is used in a way which, coupled with leather, vetiver and patchouli, gives off a very dry earthy vibe which still smells smooth and elegant. Now this isn't for every man, and many may say it's feminine. But to me, this just smells GOOD, in fact it smells really special.

This was the fragrance which started my interest in perfumery, without Dior Homme, I wouldn't even be here. The first time I smelt this, I fell in love.

In fact, first time I tried this, I really didn't associate the smell itself with any particular gender or sexual orientation... instead I thought to myself: "Wow! This is the best damn smell I've ever come across! Pure class & sex all in one gorgeous bottle..."

Listen, I don't expect everyone to like this, but for me, it just does it. Iris lightly dusted in cocoa powder, smooth creamy leather throughout, dry vetiver and earthy patchouli at the base, to me this smells like you are the richest man, the smoothest talker, both the familiar lover, and the dark stranger, the ultimate magician, the boss. All these personas rolled into one. I don't give a damn what you say... what you think... what you presume... or how you judge it. This. Stuff. Is. Beauty.

Dior, Mr. Slimane, Bravo, sir... I salute you!

Dior Femme?
The term 'pretty boy' is often intended as an insult. An aspersion, really, hurled from one straight man at another. Among us homos, though, the term isn't an affront.

Dior Homme is a pretty boy. Exceptionally so, in fact. Lord knows how this managed to see the light of day as a designer masculine.

To you straight men who wear it, well done. I'm not being facetious here. Smart move to wear a pretty fragrance. It can work on a straight man in a number of ways. It can play against type. It can announce the security of your ego. It can tell the world that aesthetics matter to you.

Not all perfumes are pretty, nor should they be. But let's admit it. Dior Homme is.

Classy and alluring
I came to find Dior Homme when on a shopping expedition, searching for a new male fragrance to gift my love.

Dior Homme strikes me as being very classy and sophisticated. This fragrance is essentially what I'd imagine a male model smelling like. A metrosexual fragrance, you may ask? I would agree entirely.

Mostly woodsy and aromatic, (particularly with the lavender and sage notes), Dior Homme does have a touch of sweetness, somewhat vanillic in its nature. The iris also gives this fragrance a unisex feel, which I think is correct. I would definitely consider wearing this fragrance myself on certain occasions.

The scent itself is smooth, confident and alluring. It doesn't have that animalistic effect that some male fragrances have on me, however if a man were to try and seduce me, while subjecting me to smelling this fragrance, I could get myself a little worked up on it. It's a scent that tends to crawl its way into your heart.

The sillage and lasting power of Dior Homme is well-worth the money spent. Dior makes such quality scents that I often feel that they deserve much more praise than they are given.

I was actually surprised to discover how unique Dior Homme is. As is the case with many popular male fragrances, I find them pleasant yet generic at the same time. Dior Homme was a nice discovery.

Unfortunately I found this fragrance too sophisticated for my rather creative and wild man. But in regards to buying something for my male friends, Dior Homme will be kept as a potential gift in my mind.

JamPetrarkaJamPetrarka 3 months ago
Can't believe this is a designer fragrance. After getting my hands on this gem my DH bottles from 12'&13' feel like a demo version. STUNNING
StolzmanStolzman 6 months ago
This was my dad's favourite perfume back in the day. Mindly sweet, patchouli and leather in the drydown!
Is there a clone of this formula?
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
A wonderful and surprising composition good for Her too: aromatic-powdery opening and warm-spicy heart on a leather.patchouli base. Lovely!

Die Sonne ist immer da ( ◜‿◝ )♡
by NifNif
by Thecombad
by Thecombad

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior