Dior Homme (2011) Eau de Toilette

Version from 2011
Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design: Tsutomu Kiyama

Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Lavender, Sage
Heart Notes Heart NotesAmber, Tuscan iris absolute, Cocoa, Guatemala cardamom
Base Notes Base NotesLeather, Patchouli, Haitian vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.03.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 10.0/10
Stairway to Heaven
It gave her the following story a few years ago: I'm taking my first unsafe step into a drugstore. The decision has been made: The time when deodorant was used as perfume is over, today I will
a little more mature. At this time the shop is empty, only saleswomen creeping through the aisles are already keeping an eye on me. Three more ladies at the back counter. I can tell from their looks: "Another boy who's perfuming himself just before a date." I'm approaching the ladies who are now
to a kind of girl walk together and face me like a bulwark, only pink chewing gum is missing. I've had to go through with this, I've wanted it this way. Full of courage and determined, I gather briefly and stutter stutter the important words that I had previously put together: "Excuse me, can you advise me?

Those words were like a bomb. It was the magic words that burst the Gordian knot. The cool girl gang with staring eyes turned into a horde of caring grandmothers. "Of course, what can it be, the young master?" Everything's going according to plan so far, now on the confessional: "I've never been to a perfumery before and don't have any scent, that's about to change." Two ladies feel obliged and swarm out. I go with one and stand in front of the shelf with the big brands. A second one comes in from the left and holds a million bucks under my nose. I move in: "Poah, this smells like a lollipop in cotton candy." Somewhat offended, she pulls back the test strip and then came with Dior Homme to save her expertise.

Then she used it to shoot sparrows with guns. The first time it smelled and intoxicated it pulls my head in the neck. It clicked. I can't hold myself back any longer and break out in euphoric laughter. "Wow... he knocks me out." The lady knew what she was doing because that's all it took. I had the test strip given to me and said goodbye somewhat prematurely completely intoxicated around the smell by the shop to carry. I couldn't defend myself, again and again my hand pulled to my nose. Then it was clear: This should be my first fragrance.

Although I am now a fragrance junkie, a small collection of my own and know of various fragrances by DH (Uomo, Givenchy Gentleman etc.) this first impression is still
the same. DH has something special that I can't put into words, it clicks and pulls me straight into the sky.
10.0 7.0 9.0 10.0/10
Dior Homme - My first olfactory love
I first smelled Dior Homme in 2006. I got to know the fragrance when I visited my cousin and in my uncle's bathroom stood this extremely aesthetic bottle. I was only 12 years old at that time and shortly afterwards, with my entire Christmas bonus, I bought a 100ml bottle.

After spraying on the scent I was initially overwhelmed. I've probably never smelled the scent of iris before. In contrast to today, DH seemed very woody, rough and masculine to me back then. I cannot judge to what extent this is due to the reformulation.

This fragrance has a very engaging aura, which inspires me again and again. Except for very hot days, I always find it fitting and pleasant. The slope is relatively strong at the beginning and decreases linearly from the beginning until it remains stable at a very close level after about 6 hours. The durability is very good; after 15 hours I still smell the leathery-soft base up close. Nothing sticks to this fragrance and yet it is very multi-faceted and develops over time.

Even though I think all the fragrances from the family (except DHS) are extremely good, DH is and remains clearly the father; the most mature. For me, Dior Homme is my first love of fragrance and one that I hope will continue for a long time to come: Thank you, Dior!
10.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10
Dior Homme
Groundbreaking release from Christian Dior. This is a review for the 2011 version of the original edt. Please watch my video to get my thoughts on this fragrance

8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10
Still Charming
Scentrack: Francis Lai- A Man And a Woman (instrumental)

Even after reformulation Dior Homme still possesses its edge. Some of first formulation charm is lost; the iris-dry fruit-ambery nuances are gone and some weight is lost. The reformulated version is slightly thinner, more cleaner and masculine. Strong Earl Grey bergamot, clean aromatic lavender, powdery iris and herbal sage notes in opening. The mid and base are full of cacao bean, amber and specific chocolate-like sexy undertone. Demachy's version is more masculine, with better performances on my skin. I still prefer the dry fruit aquarelle of the original, but can't complain about newer version. It's still so charming, sexy and nouvelle. A fragrance of the decade.

Rating: 9/10
8.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10
AsulynS
Dior for all and for good!
This version of Dior Homme EDT is simple with a positive effect on the environment. Elegant, masculine and sweeping compliments. The iris and leather together show a winning combination in this formula and the cocoa stimulates the senses. The scent reveals the modern man, the man who wants to smell powdery, leathery and sweetness.
Combination: 8 (4to10)
Highly recommended to try.
Blind to buy will not disappoint at all.
7.5 7.5 7.5 7.0/10
Dior Homme - 2011 version
Dior Homme is wonderful.

Elegant and classy, this fragrance is very unique and has a great lasting power, sillage and projection.

Iris and cocoa are the main players here.

Lots of powdery thats very comforting to wear. Big thumbs up!

Updated January 2014
8.0/10
Ysbrand
Le plus beau du quartier
I regard to the way perfume is classified and described by marketing as masculine or femenine as a complete anachronism. I mean, i cannot escape from it myself, to find some fragances ladylike or butch, after so many years of fragances marketed as the epithome of femininity or masculinity... but i think a lot of people are missing great olfactive experience due to this 50s-sort-of-mentality prejudice. Not me certainly. I read a review ..."girly, pretty, feminine" and i think, i will be the judge of that. Is like there´s food for men or food for women. Madness.

Said that, Dior Homme could be regarded as more femenine than other men´s fragances, because it is really beautiful and gracious, if this is an exclusive patrimony of the ladies. Like when you say a man is as pretty as a girl, it wouldnt work the other way; and a girl pretty like a man probably is not very good looking... you know, clichés- Dior Homme is pretty like a girl.

I think this perfume is quite simple, and i would describe it basically as an iris-amber fragance, but very well composed. Specially, the first couple hours, maybe less, are wonderful, then is only pleasant but doesnt blow me away so much.

The aromatic freshness of the lavender is noticeable at the very start, in combination with a bitter, clean iris, that still has a carrot-like quality, makes the opening of Dior Homme extremely refined, discreetly opulent, like an expensive fabric, the color might be plain, but the texture is wonderful and durable... It is very well balanced and unusual, without being extravagant. Almost floral. Keeps me interested all the time.

Then it changes, the freshly washed roots fade and the iris turns more the powdery, make-up type of iris. Notes of amber warm up and sweeten the iris. Gets less mysterious, but feels easy and confortable and is still sophisticated. Do I smell vanilla?

Lasting power is not groundbreaking, it turns more shadowy, but never really dark (as the cocoa, patchouly and vetiver notes would make one expect) The drydown is definitely the most conventional part of it. Pleasant, not crazy about it.

I would absolutely wear it if someone gives me a bottle, but it is not at the top of my shoplist. If considering to buy it for someone else, it is riskless, but it wont look safe.

DavidBraz 6 months ago
If I could just pick one for the rest of my live, probably it would be this. So elegant and versatile. Fits well on a modern and young man.
PMRP12 2 years ago
Beautiful composition that evokes elegance and sophistication. Modern metro masculinity defined. Classic, versatile, signature worthy.+1

Biss ;-) zum Mond - Happy Halloween
by Florblanca
by Florblanca
by Bejanoir
by Bejanoir
Dior Homme - Lipstick Jungle zum Aufsprühen :)
by Taka
by Nyze29
by NiFu93
by NiFu93
by Parfummaster
Ich wollte Fahrenheit Parfum, meine Frau Dior Homme. Ich habe meine Frau gehört. ;)
by TomDuft