Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Version from 2013
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2013. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan grapefruit blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.11.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Robert Pattinson.

So Zitrus Cologne also goes luxuriously
Citrus scents are a thing of the past Some of these conspecifics smell like cheap lemon cake or the agent used to clean our bathroom.

Maybe you have been to a Japanese boutique or furniture popup before. They often use diffusers that evaporate lemon oil. Yeah? That's exactly where we're going
Dior Homme Cologne starts with a clear, high-quality citrus note. Here I smell the lemon and the peel equally.
In addition, light woods and something velvety resonate, which is probably the vetiver.

The fragrance remains linear over the entire course and only flattens slightly into the velvet note at the end.

The sillage is quite strong in the beginning, but it will subside just as quickly.
The durability is unfortunately below average and he disappeared after 4-5 hours.

Is it worth the purchase?
Who has a limited budget should think twice before buying. It is somehow suitable for allday use, but the performance is too bad and it is very expensive for a cologne.

I bought it anyway and I enjoy
him from time to time in the summer.

But you can guarantee that he won't get on anybody's nerves.
But is that really a plus?

Last but not least, I must emphasize that it is not a unisex scent. My wife also blindly recognized immediately that it is a men's scent.
Dior Homme Cologne vs Allure Homme Sport Cologne
I have tried both of them in parallel. They're very similar, almost confusing, but different. In the first minute AHSC starts a touch more sparkling, more tingly than DHC, but soon develops in a very slightly herbaceous direction. I find the often described soda with ice rather in the prelude of AHSC (Sprite, and a shot of Almdudler). But then it changes rapidly. DHC on the other hand is very linear. Over time DHC remains fresher than AHSC. The simple, fresh citrus fruit is what I was looking for, that's why I chose DHC in this case. But I can imagine that others prefer the more complex development of AHSC. And I would almost bet that the environment doesn't notice any difference when you wear the scents alternately.
False expectations
I read here, saw there, studied descriptions there and set high expectations. Too high, I guess. But let's start at the beginning. Fresh-citric, aquatic green are my favorite scents. I thought it would be appropriate here at Dior. But the clear, pungent lemon association was not there. Pity. Okay, I didn't have any lemon. Even the bergamot smells different here. Artificial? Or slowed down by the environment. Grapefruit is not bitter here either, okay here as a blossom, which probably gives a much milder appearance. And then a sweetish undertone, probably the white musk. Not my thing. Altogether not much is happening. The scent starts for me the way it ends. Disappointing to me. But like I said, my expectations were just too high. So maybe I'm doing the fragrance a little bit wrong. But I'm glad that I ordered a sample from Souk first. A great thing. This saved me a large investment
Crysiscore
Explosion of the citric type
I noticed this scent more by chance while browsing through the perfumery.

When I tried it there, my first impression was " Wow... you have to buy this one", since there was a discount campaign on site anyway, I took it with me directly
The smell of strong lemon/ bergamot, actually remains pretty much the same from start to finish.
After about 2 hours the silage subsides to the point where others only perceive it at close range, but I myself still have the smell intensively in my nose even after 4 hours.

I have noticed that he lasts especially long on fabric
It's a pity that it doesn't last quite as long, but you just have to remember that it's "just" a citrus scent that doesn't contain many components. In my opinion it does its job very well and since it smells so delicious I can overlook that ;-)
the bergamot benchmark
With citric scents, it is inevitably such a love-hate relationship. They soothe our heated minds in summer and stimulate the senses, but unfortunately they don't last very long. After a few hours the magic is usually over and the molecules say goodbye to our skin.

Dior Homme Cologne is no exception. On the contrary, because of the simple and citrusy scent pyramid, it quickly becomes clear that the fragrance cannot last long.

It's a shame, it smells so incredibly authentic and grandiose. I had actually stored it in the fridge in summer and then sprayed it on in the scorching heat, fresh out of the shower. WoW, what an experience! As if I were to cut open an iced lemon or bergamot, absolutely natural and without frills.

First of all: this fragrance is an EdT, so the term cologne is just chosen. I think I don't even have to mention that the performance of Dior Homme Cologne is almost negligible, especially when sweating occurs in summer, the citric refreshment on the skin lasts less than an hour. All this would not be so bad for me, if one would not have to deal with this price, which is too high in my eyes. 110 Euro for a little water, which I have to spray constantly in the summer heat, is already a little high. For your information: I have used this fragrance maybe 3 times in summer and already used 25 ml of it
That's why I come to the conclusion that Dior Homme Cologne is more of a benchmark for me, a collector's item to put on the shelf. One likes to smell the bottle, spray it in summer and enjoy the magnificent fragrance, but this whole story is not really practical in my eyes.
Honestly, which of us carries our scent in our pockets and sprays it when needed? Then there would be the so-called travel atomizers, but do I want to laboriously decant my Dior fragrance? I don't know. Me, not so much.

Santa simplicitas!
fantastic, natural and simple smell, iced zesty lemonade! Slighty sweeted by lemon, decent performance, super clean feeling and crowd pleasing. It is one of the easiest to wear fragrance for summer!
comes time, comes favor
Too much I let myself be carried away and influenced by all the youtubern, who sang this fragrance all the time only praise hymns and presented it as THE summer fragrance. He can't be bad. Didn't I? Nö I thought to myself and ordered it simply once blindly. It wasn't exactly affordable for a cologne, after all we're talking about Dior here. And I call myself my own, but I immediately picked up the 125ml bottle - on the one hand because I thought a cologne wasn't so productive anyway and on the other hand because I simply liked the large, higher bottle much better than the smaller 75ml.

Very well, then. Arrived, unpacked, smelled. Mhh... yes citric. Very citric, light and fresh. I can understand the often used association to an ice-cold, sparkling lemon spritzer. But... that's it...?
Hm, let's wait and see if the fragrance becomes even more exciting or if it shows other nouances of itself.
Nope, nothing. Remains very linear and what you get as top note is also almost 1:1 what you get in the "drydown", if you can call it that with this fragrance.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was bad at all. Just simple. Simple. Too little to surprise me in any way. Simply nothing special.
All the more I found it a pity that I immediately took the 125ml variant and had denounced him therefore also immediately after some days possession in the Souk.

After having learned from many scents that the first impression doesn't always set the standard for the overall impression and that you have to learn to love some scents first, I often sniffed at them in passing and wore them even on some scorchingly hot summer days. The first compliments were not long in coming and I also found more and more pleasure in the fragrance.

I don't want to call it THE summer fragrance par excellence, but amazingly, when I remember it that way, it was my most widely used perfume this summer. It's a dumb reach. He always leaves. You can wear it casually with a jeans & tshirt, you can wear it when you go out with swimming shorts & flipflop, but I can also smell it on a white shirt.
Yes, it's a cologne and you can't imagine the best shelf life/sillage, but that's what makes it interesting at higher temperatures - if it's really scorching hot and nothing else works, it can really score.
I can't confirm that the 2013 Cologne has nothing more to do with its predecessor, no longer carries any Dior Homme DNA, and that this Flanker could basically be a completely independent perfume by Dior, as many here describe it, because I never smelled the old version.
Personally I would probably find it less tragic, because if he had the present iris and the powder, he would rather quit for me in high summer.

Well, a good 1/4 of my bottle has been emptied and the bottle was also moving out of the souk - this will definitely be a heavy hitter again next summer. Meanwhile it is exactly this simplicity, this simplicity, which disturbed me in the beginning - Exactly this is what I appreciate and love now.
Love just takes time.
Easy! Elegant! Lemon/bergamot that does not last long :(
The flacon is quite simple, but can still convince me with its detailed elegance! For example, the Christian Dior logo on the sprayer and bottle, as well as the Dior engraving with the blue lynette at the bottom of the spray head are really nice details.

Fragrance
But now to the most important: The scent itself!
Admittedly, he once convinced me to buy, but now I have to say that my enthusiasm is limited, which doesn't mean that Dior Homme cologne is a bad fragrance. The opening, which also convinced me to buy, consists for me mainly of a fragrance note: lemon! It is light, in the sense that it is not a heavy, but a fresh citric scent, but still potent, to the extent that one perceives the lemon chord quite clearly.
Behind this initial scent, which reminds me personally, strongly of freshly cut lemon, there is probably one thing hidden: bergamot! Unfortunately, it is also the bergamot note that makes the fragrance powdery and dry over time. That's all that's happening here. Definitely not worth buying for me, but not a bad smell either. The citric opening is fantastic, but in my opinion the still citric, bergamot shaped course is not pleasant.

Durability/Sillage
For a fresh fragrance average. However, I would have expected a little more from a Dior.

Conclusion
In the end it is more of a personal disappointment than an enrichment, but still not a bad scent.
For people who like the scent of lemons and a very strong dry bergamot note (which leads me personally almost to headaches), a good choice im
Summer!
N471v3
More than just a cologne
Ladies and gentlemen, come closer! This Cologne does more than honour to its name.

There are so many colognes, light, fresh fragrances that pride themselves on being sparkling and summery, and above all on giving a pleasant feeling at high temperatures. What not so many of them can do, however, is to be special and special at the same time, and perhaps also to offer good performance.

This one, however, already.

Dior Homme Cologne smells like the most beautiful lemon you can imagine. It brings back memories of the taste but also smell in me when you add lemon to the black tea in the morning. It has something so refreshing, but at the same time relaxing...
But it's not just the fresh lemon, but also a slightly floral note, but I think above all the musk in the base, which gives the cologne a lot of depth. This makes it more spatial, more three-dimensional, if you will.
I can understand that many people don't like the fragrance as much as I do in the beginning, because you have smelled citrus fruits so often.
Aaabut for me it's like I've smelled so many colognes that are only ethereal, alcoholic and transparent,- have no foundation, you know what I mean? Chanel Allure Homme Sport Cologne, for example, is something like that for me. Quite similar, but without the "certain something".

When I smelled DHC, on the other hand, it had happened to me immediately. It was one of those pafums where I immediately knew I had to buy it. I just think DHC is wonderful. It is also through this special composition such a good mood brightener, just a little sunshine.

If someone asked me what perfumes a man should have in his collection, it would be very clear.
Although it is always portable, I find it especially suitable for the following occasions:
Brunches, job interviews, family celebrations, spring, Easter, first meeting of the parents-in-law, etc usf.

You see, it's just a happy fragrance.

But in order to define it a little, I have to say that I would not want to wear it every day. You just have to feel a little bit like it, you don't always want that "easy living" feeling either.

So I don't find him, although he's actually always walking, a real signature scent. A&F Fierce, on the other hand, if I had to take a real Cologne as a comparison now, is clearly possible as a daily companion, and has a bit more identity.
Dior Homme Cologne is more a statement to give the day a little face, to underline an attitude towards life. And that makes it more than just a cologne.

By the way, I think the performance is really good and pleasant for a fresh Cologne, strong, but not too strong, so that you can calmly achieve an even wetting of the body with a few sprayers. :)

Carlitos01
"Dior Homme Cologne 2013" versus "Zara From Paris to New York" - read one review, learn about two fragrances!
Both Dior Homme Cologne 2013 and Zara "From Paris to New York" have been a positive surprise to me.
The citrusy-fresh Dior fragrance broke with the past, proposing a cologne based on bergamot, grapefruit and a soft white musk. The previous version (2007) was a far more complex powdery-fresh scent with a different set of notes and blending. Its main signature was the Iris strong note also present in Dior Homme EDTs and EDPs. The 2013 Dior cologne version has a totally different set of notes and evolutive blending and I like the new version better. The major breakthrough of this cologne version is the performance achieved with a super fresh bergamot in the opening, a strong grapefruit blossom in the heart, signing the fragrance DNA, and the more delicate sensuality of white musk in the base. I even suspect that this concentration may lean towards an EDT strength for such a longevity and sillage with citrus notes.
Zara achieves a similar scent and performance (actually a little better performance) with an EDP concentration, the notes of zesty lemon in the opening, well paired by spicy sharp ginger in the heart, and an expectable strong base woody note using a spicy resinous cedar, very well blended with the ginger note.
The final output for both fragrances are similar although achieved with different methods.
The price per ml is more expensive in the Dior fragrance, as expected, by a 2.5 ratio.
Both fragrances are more unisex than masculine, but women usually consider this type of scent as clean, fresh and sexy on a man.
Owning both fragrances, I may opine that my user experience is very similar with both fragrances. Dior Homme Cologne 2013 has a sexier opening, better presentation and a more fashionable name, while Zara has a better value for money.
There are other offers that may be considered due the the similar scent and behaviour, although with an even wider price range. You may consider Chanel Allure Homme Sport, Mercedes Benz Cologne and Jimmy Choo Ice as alternatives to Homme Cologne and From Paris to New York.
Let's see how Dior and Zara compare with each other through scoring:

_____________________Dior_________Zara__________________________________________________
Scent opening............9.0.................7.5 (Dior cool bergamot wins)
Scent Dry Down.........7.5.................8.0 (Zara stronger cedar beats Dior's white musk)
Longevity (h) ..............6.5.................7.5 (Dior: 6 hours; Zara: 7 hours; With 3 sprays)
Sillage (ft)....................7.5.................7.0 (Dior: 5 ft /2 h projection; Zara: 4~5 ft /2.0 h)
Versatility....................8.5.................8.5 (above average for fresh fragrances)
Usability......................9.0.................9.0 (Literally everywhere except cold outdoors)
Compliments..............9.0.................9.0 (Both scents are compliment magnets)
Uniqueness.................8.0.................7.5 (Lot's of freshies out there. Dior preceds Zara)
Quality.........................9.0.................8.0 (Dior synth. musk / Zara synth. lemon + ginger)
Presentation...............9.0.................8.0 (a matter of opinion)
Price.............................7.5.................9.5 (Dior: €70 / 200 ml on sale; Zara: €20 / 120 ml)

- Average:................8.23/10.0.........8.14/10.0
between 7 and 8 => above average;
between 8 and 9 => recommended;
equal or bigger than 9 => don't miss it;

Opinion on this DIOR - ZARA match:
Both fragrances are very good and provide a similar satisfaction. Dior beat Zara marginaly probably because the Dior flask was bought on sale and its pricing score is unusualy high for a 200 ml Dior fragrance.
Recommended? I recommend both fragrances. The fashionable name or the price will make you decide for either one.
Blind buy worthy? Yes for Zara and just a maybe for Dior depending on your budget.

Music: Kool & The Gang - "Fresh"

BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
One of the best scents for very hot weather. Refreshing, sparkling bergamot with a bit of musk. Linear but great. Performance is awful.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 1 year ago
Loving this, a must have for summer. This is a refreshing and clean fragrance.
AmberScentAmberScent 1 year ago
Citrusy from top to bottom. A flanker far from the others Dior Homme. A bit vulgar and miles away from the previous EDC edition.
KingPinKingPin 1 year ago
Bergamot bomb opening, pleasant musk following. Very similar to Atelier Cologne’s Bergamot Soleil, but softer and nicer dry down.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 2 years ago
Mercedes Benz Cologne got me covered for a fraction of the price. Still a good scent
Carlitos01Carlitos01 2 years ago
The 2013 Dior Homme Cologne version has different notes and blending. I like the new version better. I prefer the citrus DNA over Iris.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
A real compliment-getter, despite its very simple formula. At the end of the day I got asked what cologne I was wearing, so lovely and nice!

by Fresh21
by Toreter
by Hoyt
by Hoyt

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior