Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Version from 2013
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2013. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan grapefruit blossomMoroccan grapefruit blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.07.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Robert Pattinson.

Sunstorm
When life gives you lemons....
Why am I just now discovering this perfect summer scent? I don't know. Actually, I've always found the bottle very appealing. Since I don't like powdery scents that much, I thought this smelled similar to the original Dior Homme. Further away, the truth could not lie.

My biggest compliment for this fragrance: it's light and unobtrusive. You can also hardly overdose him, which is often the case for a cologne, but here especially. Unfortunately, the great lemon doesn't last long on my skin. One could almost think that is so intentional, so that one should repurchase faster.

However. The fragrance is suitable for hot days, but also already for spring. The fragrance is super light, does not annoy, gives no headache and is THE definition of freshness. Dior succeeds here in the art of not letting the lemon seem artificial. The balancing act between toilet cleaner and a good perfume is very difficult. Dior delivers across the board.

Ideal also for sports. For me, even THE fragrance for the gym, because he just does not annoy! I repeat myself, but that's what matters. Besides, the Strellson No.1 is the only fragrance for people who do not like perfume. Sounds funny, but it is so.

And thank you Dior for keeping the fragrance relatively linear as it progresses. Nothing is worse than when the top note tempts you to buy to then drift afterwards into something...unattractive.

So: shorts, white sneakers with (please) short white sneaker socks and a white T-shirt. Optimally, there is still a lemon on the shirt. And if you want to take it to the extreme, use bonecrusher pomade in your hair. You can't get more light delicious citrus scent and visual overkill than that. You walk around as a fresh lemon, wonderful.
Egalite
Cologne for the beautiful summer evenings
On a hot summer day.
Took a cold shower. Put on my jeans.
Over that, a freshly washed white t-shirt.
The table in the garden is set with a white tablecloth.
The friends are there.
Let's dance.
Let's have fun.
Life is beautiful.
Ischgelroi
The secret of simplicity ?
I ordered Dior Homme Cologne three years ago just blindly and since then my second Dior Homme Cologne bottle accompanies me now. I think it's a shame that Dior Homme Cologne is completely overshadowed by its brothers, but I also find the name somehow wrongly chosen, because Homme Cologne actually has nothing in common with the other Homme perfumes, at most the bottle design, unfortunately, too little is said about this great perfume, but now to the reason why I love this perfume so much. This simplicity is just so overwhelming there is just this fresh bergamot and grapefruit note combined with a portion of musk as a fixation for the performance there is not much around, here is just not a lot of unnecessary frills just the reduction to the essentials, but that's all a good summer fragrance needs. I also get frequent compliments from those around me on this great perfume, it's the perfect perfume for people who don't like being perfumed. Dior Homme Cologne is so light and pleasant that it will never annoy anyone.
So Zitrus Cologne also goes luxuriously
Citrus scents are a thing of the past Some of these conspecifics smell like cheap lemon cake or the agent used to clean our bathroom.

Maybe you have been to a Japanese boutique or furniture popup before. They often use diffusers that evaporate lemon oil. Yeah? That's exactly where we're going
Dior Homme Cologne starts with a clear, high-quality citrus note. Here I smell the lemon and the peel equally.
In addition, light woods and something velvety resonate, which is probably the vetiver.

The fragrance remains linear over the entire course and only flattens slightly into the velvet note at the end.

The sillage is quite strong in the beginning, but it will subside just as quickly.
The durability is unfortunately below average and he disappeared after 4-5 hours.

Is it worth the purchase?
Who has a limited budget should think twice before buying. It is somehow suitable for allday use, but the performance is too bad and it is very expensive for a cologne.

I bought it anyway and I enjoy
him from time to time in the summer.

But you can guarantee that he won't get on anybody's nerves.
But is that really a plus?

Last but not least, I must emphasize that it is not a unisex scent. My wife also blindly recognized immediately that it is a men's scent.
Dior Homme Cologne vs Allure Homme Sport Cologne
I have tried both of them in parallel. They're very similar, almost confusing, but different. In the first minute AHSC starts a touch more sparkling, more tingly than DHC, but soon develops in a very slightly herbaceous direction. I find the often described soda with ice rather in the prelude of AHSC (Sprite, and a shot of Almdudler). But then it changes rapidly. DHC on the other hand is very linear. Over time DHC remains fresher than AHSC. The simple, fresh citrus fruit is what I was looking for, that's why I chose DHC in this case. But I can imagine that others prefer the more complex development of AHSC. And I would almost bet that the environment doesn't notice any difference when you wear the scents alternately.
False expectations
I read here, saw there, studied descriptions there and set high expectations. Too high, I guess. But let's start at the beginning. Fresh-citric, aquatic green are my favorite scents. I thought it would be appropriate here at Dior. But the clear, pungent lemon association was not there. Pity. Okay, I didn't have any lemon. Even the bergamot smells different here. Artificial? Or slowed down by the environment. Grapefruit is not bitter here either, okay here as a blossom, which probably gives a much milder appearance. And then a sweetish undertone, probably the white musk. Not my thing. Altogether not much is happening. The scent starts for me the way it ends. Disappointing to me. But like I said, my expectations were just too high. So maybe I'm doing the fragrance a little bit wrong. But I'm glad that I ordered a sample from Souk first. A great thing. This saved me a large investment
Crysiscore
Explosion of the citric type
I noticed this scent more by chance while browsing through the perfumery.

When I tried it there, my first impression was " Wow... you have to buy this one", since there was a discount campaign on site anyway, I took it with me directly
The smell of strong lemon/ bergamot, actually remains pretty much the same from start to finish.
After about 2 hours the silage subsides to the point where others only perceive it at close range, but I myself still have the smell intensively in my nose even after 4 hours.

I have noticed that he lasts especially long on fabric
It's a pity that it doesn't last quite as long, but you just have to remember that it's "just" a citrus scent that doesn't contain many components. In my opinion it does its job very well and since it smells so delicious I can overlook that ;-)
the bergamot benchmark
With citric scents, it is inevitably such a love-hate relationship. They soothe our heated minds in summer and stimulate the senses, but unfortunately they don't last very long. After a few hours the magic is usually over and the molecules say goodbye to our skin.

Dior Homme Cologne is no exception. On the contrary, because of the simple and citrusy scent pyramid, it quickly becomes clear that the fragrance cannot last long.

It's a shame, it smells so incredibly authentic and grandiose. I had actually stored it in the fridge in summer and then sprayed it on in the scorching heat, fresh out of the shower. WoW, what an experience! As if I were to cut open an iced lemon or bergamot, absolutely natural and without frills.

First of all: this fragrance is an EdT, so the term cologne is just chosen. I think I don't even have to mention that the performance of Dior Homme Cologne is almost negligible, especially when sweating occurs in summer, the citric refreshment on the skin lasts less than an hour. All this would not be so bad for me, if one would not have to deal with this price, which is too high in my eyes. 110 Euro for a little water, which I have to spray constantly in the summer heat, is already a little high. For your information: I have used this fragrance maybe 3 times in summer and already used 25 ml of it
That's why I come to the conclusion that Dior Homme Cologne is more of a benchmark for me, a collector's item to put on the shelf. One likes to smell the bottle, spray it in summer and enjoy the magnificent fragrance, but this whole story is not really practical in my eyes.
Honestly, which of us carries our scent in our pockets and sprays it when needed? Then there would be the so-called travel atomizers, but do I want to laboriously decant my Dior fragrance? I don't know. Me, not so much.

Santa simplicitas!
fantastic, natural and simple smell, iced zesty lemonade! Slighty sweeted by lemon, decent performance, super clean feeling and crowd pleasing. It is one of the easiest to wear fragrance for summer!
comes time, comes favor
Too much I let myself be carried away and influenced by all the youtubern, who sang this fragrance all the time only praise hymns and presented it as THE summer fragrance. He can't be bad. Didn't I? Nö I thought to myself and ordered it simply once blindly. It wasn't exactly affordable for a cologne, after all we're talking about Dior here. And I call myself my own, but I immediately picked up the 125ml bottle - on the one hand because I thought a cologne wasn't so productive anyway and on the other hand because I simply liked the large, higher bottle much better than the smaller 75ml.

Very well, then. Arrived, unpacked, smelled. Mhh... yes citric. Very citric, light and fresh. I can understand the often used association to an ice-cold, sparkling lemon spritzer. But... that's it...?
Hm, let's wait and see if the fragrance becomes even more exciting or if it shows other nouances of itself.
Nope, nothing. Remains very linear and what you get as top note is also almost 1:1 what you get in the "drydown", if you can call it that with this fragrance.
Don't get me wrong, I didn't think he was bad at all. Just simple. Simple. Too little to surprise me in any way. Simply nothing special.
All the more I found it a pity that I immediately took the 125ml variant and had denounced him therefore also immediately after some days possession in the Souk.

After having learned from many scents that the first impression doesn't always set the standard for the overall impression and that you have to learn to love some scents first, I often sniffed at them in passing and wore them even on some scorchingly hot summer days. The first compliments were not long in coming and I also found more and more pleasure in the fragrance.

I don't want to call it THE summer fragrance par excellence, but amazingly, when I remember it that way, it was my most widely used perfume this summer. It's a dumb reach. He always leaves. You can wear it casually with a jeans & tshirt, you can wear it when you go out with swimming shorts & flipflop, but I can also smell it on a white shirt.
Yes, it's a cologne and you can't imagine the best shelf life/sillage, but that's what makes it interesting at higher temperatures - if it's really scorching hot and nothing else works, it can really score.
I can't confirm that the 2013 Cologne has nothing more to do with its predecessor, no longer carries any Dior Homme DNA, and that this Flanker could basically be a completely independent perfume by Dior, as many here describe it, because I never smelled the old version.
Personally I would probably find it less tragic, because if he had the present iris and the powder, he would rather quit for me in high summer.

Well, a good 1/4 of my bottle has been emptied and the bottle was also moving out of the souk - this will definitely be a heavy hitter again next summer. Meanwhile it is exactly this simplicity, this simplicity, which disturbed me in the beginning - Exactly this is what I appreciate and love now.
Love just takes time.

RisingChaosRisingChaos 1 month ago
Simply put, this is fresh lemonade in a fragrance. It's just about the most refreshing scent one could possibly wear. Low performance.
WinandVWinandV 2 months ago
One of the best hot weather freshies in my collection. Gorgeous and realistic lemon! Stop complaining about longevity! It’s a cologne!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 11 months ago
One of the best scents for very hot weather. Refreshing, sparkling bergamot with a bit of musk. Linear but great. Performance is awful.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 2 years ago
Loving this, a must have for summer. This is a refreshing and clean fragrance.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Citrusy from top to bottom. A flanker far from the others Dior Homme. A bit vulgar and miles away from the previous EDC edition.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Bergamot bomb opening, pleasant musk following. Very similar to Atelier Cologne’s Bergamot Soleil, but softer and nicer dry down.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Mercedes Benz Cologne got me covered for a fraction of the price. Still a good scent
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The 2013 Dior Homme Cologne version has different notes and blending. I like the new version better. I prefer the citrus DNA over Iris.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
A real compliment-getter, despite its very simple formula. At the end of the day I got asked what cologne I was wearing, so lovely and nice!

by Fresh21
by Toreter
by Hoyt
by Hoyt

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior