Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Version from 2013
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2013. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan grapefruit blossomMoroccan grapefruit blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.10.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Robert Pattinson.

The light citrus refreshment
I own all the male fragrances from Dior that are currently available. And I love them all in their own way. Dior Homme Cologne is so light and fresh, like none of the others. Lemon, grapefruit give the fragrance its freshness. A slight powderiness that also characterizes, for example, Dior Homme Intense is also present here. Angebeben is white musk. My guess is iris. At least I perceive it that way. The combination is super.

Dior Homme Cologne can be worn at any time of the year and for any occasion because of its light-heartedness. If you want to make a statement or stand out, however, you are here missing at the place. The sillage and the durability are, who is surprised at a fresh EdC, with 2h pretty meow. Nevertheless, Dior Homme Cologne is a great fragrance that can be worn from 18 to 80

Back to basic
Dior claims that it has recreated the Cologne freshness by introducing the Grapefruit Blossom note. I guess that is basically it. Recreated, not redefined. A contemporary variant of an ancient theme. I do think it is a welcome break with the global trend of bombastic compositions. Demachy proves that elegance is achieved by eye for quality and purity rather than by abundant use of ultra-exotic materials.

Although the citrus note is crisp, bright and clearly of fine quality, I feel that Demachy may have gone a bit too far with this simplicity, composition-wise. A single citrus note carried by a fresh musk. For 'a nose that has smelled it all' (which I really am not), that doesn't do the trick anymore. I must say it takes me some effort to not expect an olfactory extravaganza and focus on the beauty of one single note. Wait, what? Am I no longer able to appreciate the simple things in life? Quite the wake up call!
A Plea
What else is great to say about a fragrance that has been around for what feels like forever. I was very surprised to see that the first release in 2013 was already. Since then, just in the Dior Homme series has changed a lot. Many say that it has changed for the worse, I am of the opinion, the series goes with the times.

Analogously, it is also with some Chanel fragrances, which do not get so much headwind for this situation.

Dior Homme Cologne is for me one of the candidates that shine with naturalness. This fragrance thrives on natural lemon, rather lemon zest, and doesn't try to be like a cleanser, exuding an artificial lemon scent.
The whole thing is then complemented by a somewhat hard to describe feeling, you could say "fizzy". This can be thought of as like drinking a freshly squeezed lemonade. You notice the carbonic acid bubbles (-> fizzig) and the sweet-tart of the lemon.

As that is now times with lemon-based fresh fragrances so, have such summer fragrances of course not the endurance of an autumn / winter fragrance. Nevertheless, I come with the fragrance on a good 6 hours.

Who now throws Mercedes Benz Cologne in the race as clones, I must say: Yes, it behaves as with copied leaves. They look like the original, but the quality gets worse from time to time. This is also the case for me. I have both fragrances in my collection and can accordingly test both in parallel. The Mercedes Benz lacks the fizziness that makes the Dior Homme Cologne special for me. Also, at least with my Mercedes Benz batch, the durability is also not much better, if not slightly worse.

With me, the Dior Homme Cologne always gets the preference. I like him, especially in the summer he is a faithful companion.
Sunstorm
When life gives you lemons....
Why am I just now discovering this perfect summer scent? I don't know. Actually, I've always found the bottle very appealing. Since I don't like powdery scents that much, I thought this smelled similar to the original Dior Homme. Further away, the truth could not lie.

My biggest compliment for this fragrance: it's light and unobtrusive. You can also hardly overdose him, which is often the case for a cologne, but here especially. Unfortunately, the great lemon doesn't last long on my skin. One could almost think that is so intentional, so that one should repurchase faster.

However. The fragrance is suitable for hot days, but also already for spring. The fragrance is super light, does not annoy, gives no headache and is THE definition of freshness. Dior succeeds here in the art of not letting the lemon seem artificial. The balancing act between toilet cleaner and a good perfume is very difficult. Dior delivers across the board.

Ideal also for sports. For me, even THE fragrance for the gym, because he just does not annoy! I repeat myself, but that's what matters. Besides, the Strellson No.1 is the only fragrance for people who do not like perfume. Sounds funny, but it is so.

And thank you Dior for keeping the fragrance relatively linear as it progresses. Nothing is worse than when the top note tempts you to buy to then drift afterwards into something...unattractive.

So: shorts, white sneakers with (please) short white sneaker socks and a white T-shirt. Optimally, there is still a lemon on the shirt. And if you want to take it to the extreme, use bonecrusher pomade in your hair. You can't get more light delicious citrus scent and visual overkill than that. You walk around as a fresh lemon, wonderful.
Egalite
Cologne for the beautiful summer evenings
On a hot summer day.
Took a cold shower. Put on my jeans.
Over that, a freshly washed white t-shirt.
The table in the garden is set with a white tablecloth.
The friends are there.
Let's dance.
Let's have fun.
Life is beautiful.
Ischgelroi
The secret of simplicity ?
I ordered Dior Homme Cologne three years ago just blindly and since then my second Dior Homme Cologne bottle accompanies me now. I think it's a shame that Dior Homme Cologne is completely overshadowed by its brothers, but I also find the name somehow wrongly chosen, because Homme Cologne actually has nothing in common with the other Homme perfumes, at most the bottle design, unfortunately, too little is said about this great perfume, but now to the reason why I love this perfume so much. This simplicity is just so overwhelming there is just this fresh bergamot and grapefruit note combined with a portion of musk as a fixation for the performance there is not much around, here is just not a lot of unnecessary frills just the reduction to the essentials, but that's all a good summer fragrance needs. I also get frequent compliments from those around me on this great perfume, it's the perfect perfume for people who don't like being perfumed. Dior Homme Cologne is so light and pleasant that it will never annoy anyone.
So Zitrus Cologne also goes luxuriously
Citrus scents are a thing of the past Some of these conspecifics smell like cheap lemon cake or the agent used to clean our bathroom.

Maybe you have been to a Japanese boutique or furniture popup before. They often use diffusers that evaporate lemon oil. Yeah? That's exactly where we're going
Dior Homme Cologne starts with a clear, high-quality citrus note. Here I smell the lemon and the peel equally.
In addition, light woods and something velvety resonate, which is probably the vetiver.

The fragrance remains linear over the entire course and only flattens slightly into the velvet note at the end.

The sillage is quite strong in the beginning, but it will subside just as quickly.
The durability is unfortunately below average and he disappeared after 4-5 hours.

Is it worth the purchase?
Who has a limited budget should think twice before buying. It is somehow suitable for allday use, but the performance is too bad and it is very expensive for a cologne.

I bought it anyway and I enjoy
him from time to time in the summer.

But you can guarantee that he won't get on anybody's nerves.
But is that really a plus?

Last but not least, I must emphasize that it is not a unisex scent. My wife also blindly recognized immediately that it is a men's scent.
Dior Homme Cologne vs Allure Homme Sport Cologne
I have tried both of them in parallel. They're very similar, almost confusing, but different. In the first minute AHSC starts a touch more sparkling, more tingly than DHC, but soon develops in a very slightly herbaceous direction. I find the often described soda with ice rather in the prelude of AHSC (Sprite, and a shot of Almdudler). But then it changes rapidly. DHC on the other hand is very linear. Over time DHC remains fresher than AHSC. The simple, fresh citrus fruit is what I was looking for, that's why I chose DHC in this case. But I can imagine that others prefer the more complex development of AHSC. And I would almost bet that the environment doesn't notice any difference when you wear the scents alternately.
False expectations
I read here, saw there, studied descriptions there and set high expectations. Too high, I guess. But let's start at the beginning. Fresh-citric, aquatic green are my favorite scents. I thought it would be appropriate here at Dior. But the clear, pungent lemon association was not there. Pity. Okay, I didn't have any lemon. Even the bergamot smells different here. Artificial? Or slowed down by the environment. Grapefruit is not bitter here either, okay here as a blossom, which probably gives a much milder appearance. And then a sweetish undertone, probably the white musk. Not my thing. Altogether not much is happening. The scent starts for me the way it ends. Disappointing to me. But like I said, my expectations were just too high. So maybe I'm doing the fragrance a little bit wrong. But I'm glad that I ordered a sample from Souk first. A great thing. This saved me a large investment
Crysiscore
Explosion of the citric type
I noticed this scent more by chance while browsing through the perfumery.

When I tried it there, my first impression was " Wow... you have to buy this one", since there was a discount campaign on site anyway, I took it with me directly
The smell of strong lemon/ bergamot, actually remains pretty much the same from start to finish.
After about 2 hours the silage subsides to the point where others only perceive it at close range, but I myself still have the smell intensively in my nose even after 4 hours.

I have noticed that he lasts especially long on fabric
It's a pity that it doesn't last quite as long, but you just have to remember that it's "just" a citrus scent that doesn't contain many components. In my opinion it does its job very well and since it smells so delicious I can overlook that ;-)

WCRWCR 2 months ago
Pure and uplifting fresh like a lemonade, with a hint of floral. Spring/Summer only. Performance on me is fairly good.
RisingChaosRisingChaos 4 months ago
Simply put, this is fresh lemonade in a fragrance. It's just about the most refreshing scent one could possibly wear. Low performance.
WinandVWinandV 4 months ago
One of the best hot weather freshies in my collection. Gorgeous and realistic lemon! Stop complaining about longevity! It’s a cologne!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
One of the best scents for very hot weather. Refreshing, sparkling bergamot with a bit of musk. Linear but great. Performance is awful.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 2 years ago
Loving this, a must have for summer. This is a refreshing and clean fragrance.
AmberScentAmberScent 2 years ago
Citrusy from top to bottom. A flanker far from the others Dior Homme. A bit vulgar and miles away from the previous EDC edition.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Bergamot bomb opening, pleasant musk following. Very similar to Atelier Cologne’s Bergamot Soleil, but softer and nicer dry down.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Mercedes Benz Cologne got me covered for a fraction of the price. Still a good scent
Carlitos01Carlitos01 3 years ago
The 2013 Dior Homme Cologne version has different notes and blending. I like the new version better. I prefer the citrus DNA over Iris.
ElysiumElysium 4 years ago
A real compliment-getter, despite its very simple formula. At the end of the day I got asked what cologne I was wearing, so lovely and nice!

by Fresh21
by Toreter
by Hoyt
by Hoyt

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior