Dior Homme Cologne 2013

Version from 2013
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior
Dior Homme Cologne (2013) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2013. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesMoroccan grapefruit blossomMoroccan grapefruit blossom
Base Notes Base NotesWhite muskWhite musk

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Robert Pattinson.

HitchslapHitchslap 5 years ago
This is such a simple, straightforward scent! I can only describe it as cool or frosty. Only three notes are listed and it seems they brought out the lightest,...
VegaOceanVegaOcean 8 years ago
Pros: Nice bottle, fresh bergamotte dominates 1 hour. Cons: way to expensiv. For me this one is a more ordinary Cologne...

Fresh Lemony Lemonade
This is a people pleaser. Not offensive at all, but not going to stand out in the crowd. Sits closer to the skin and doesn't last very long. Truthfully, if you can find this on sale, it's a great one for when you know you're going to be outside and doing some sort of sport or leisure activity. Doesn't project, it's simple, linear, skin scent, but I know that if I hug someone, it'll smell pleasant.

Want some Lemonade?
In the hotest of days, when you almost dont want to wear fragrance because of the Heath and you know you'll be sweating soon...try this one!
Dior Homme cologne smells like a straight forward Lemonade, not sweet at all, just refreshing, like if you just squeeze a lemon to the whater and its ready to drink... In the oppening i feel a little alcohol pushing the lemon to the front, but rapidly fades and gets you a refreshing experience! One of my summer favourites!

Fresh Lemonade
Simply put, this is fresh lemonade in a fragrance. It's just about the most refreshing scent one could possibly wear. The performance is utter trash, maybe an hour tops of projection and 4-5hr of the musky drydown, but it's so simple and refreshing. It's perfect for an hour at the gym, a grocery run in the summer, or perhaps a car ride to the pool/beach where you expect to get wet shortly thereafter anyway (which would wash off any fragrance worn). Double sprays I can maybe get two hours out of it.
The light citrus refreshment
I own all the male fragrances from Dior that are currently available. And I love them all in their own way. Dior Homme Cologne is so light and fresh, like none of the others. Lemon, grapefruit give the fragrance its freshness. A slight powderiness that also characterizes, for example, Dior Homme Intense is also present here. Angebeben is white musk. My guess is iris. At least I perceive it that way. The combination is super.

Dior Homme Cologne can be worn at any time of the year and for any occasion because of its light-heartedness. If you want to make a statement or stand out, however, you are here missing at the place. The sillage and the durability are, who is surprised at a fresh EdC, with 2h pretty meow. Nevertheless, Dior Homme Cologne is a great fragrance that can be worn from 18 to 80

Back to basic
Dior claims that it has recreated the Cologne freshness by introducing the Grapefruit Blossom note. I guess that is basically it. Recreated, not redefined. A contemporary variant of an ancient theme. I do think it is a welcome break with the global trend of bombastic compositions. Demachy proves that elegance is achieved by eye for quality and purity rather than by abundant use of ultra-exotic materials.

Although the citrus note is crisp, bright and clearly of fine quality, I feel that Demachy may have gone a bit too far with this simplicity, composition-wise. A single citrus note carried by a fresh musk. For 'a nose that has smelled it all' (which I really am not), that doesn't do the trick anymore. I must say it takes me some effort to not expect an olfactory extravaganza and focus on the beauty of one single note. Wait, what? Am I no longer able to appreciate the simple things in life? Quite the wake up call!
A Plea
What else is great to say about a fragrance that has been around for what feels like forever. I was very surprised to see that the first release in 2013 was already. Since then, just in the Dior Homme series has changed a lot. Many say that it has changed for the worse, I am of the opinion, the series goes with the times.

Analogously, it is also with some Chanel fragrances, which do not get so much headwind for this situation.

Dior Homme Cologne is for me one of the candidates that shine with naturalness. This fragrance thrives on natural lemon, rather lemon zest, and doesn't try to be like a cleanser, exuding an artificial lemon scent.
The whole thing is then complemented by a somewhat hard to describe feeling, you could say "fizzy". This can be thought of as like drinking a freshly squeezed lemonade. You notice the carbonic acid bubbles (-> fizzig) and the sweet-tart of the lemon.

As that is now times with lemon-based fresh fragrances so, have such summer fragrances of course not the endurance of an autumn / winter fragrance. Nevertheless, I come with the fragrance on a good 6 hours.

Who now throws Mercedes Benz Cologne in the race as clones, I must say: Yes, it behaves as with copied leaves. They look like the original, but the quality gets worse from time to time. This is also the case for me. I have both fragrances in my collection and can accordingly test both in parallel. The Mercedes Benz lacks the fizziness that makes the Dior Homme Cologne special for me. Also, at least with my Mercedes Benz batch, the durability is also not much better, if not slightly worse.

With me, the Dior Homme Cologne always gets the preference. I like him, especially in the summer he is a faithful companion.
Sunstorm
When life gives you lemons....
Why am I just now discovering this perfect summer scent? I don't know. Actually, I've always found the bottle very appealing. Since I don't like powdery scents that much, I thought this smelled similar to the original Dior Homme. Further away, the truth could not lie.

My biggest compliment for this fragrance: it's light and unobtrusive. You can also hardly overdose him, which is often the case for a cologne, but here especially. Unfortunately, the great lemon doesn't last long on my skin. One could almost think that is so intentional, so that one should repurchase faster.

However. The fragrance is suitable for hot days, but also already for spring. The fragrance is super light, does not annoy, gives no headache and is THE definition of freshness. Dior succeeds here in the art of not letting the lemon seem artificial. The balancing act between toilet cleaner and a good perfume is very difficult. Dior delivers across the board.

Ideal also for sports. For me, even THE fragrance for the gym, because he just does not annoy! I repeat myself, but that's what matters. Besides, the Strellson No.1 is the only fragrance for people who do not like perfume. Sounds funny, but it is so.

And thank you Dior for keeping the fragrance relatively linear as it progresses. Nothing is worse than when the top note tempts you to buy to then drift afterwards into something...unattractive.

So: shorts, white sneakers with (please) short white sneaker socks and a white T-shirt. Optimally, there is still a lemon on the shirt. And if you want to take it to the extreme, use bonecrusher pomade in your hair. You can't get more light delicious citrus scent and visual overkill than that. You walk around as a fresh lemon, wonderful.
Egalite
Cologne for the beautiful summer evenings
On a hot summer day.
Took a cold shower. Put on my jeans.
Over that, a freshly washed white t-shirt.
The table in the garden is set with a white tablecloth.
The friends are there.
Let's dance.
Let's have fun.
Life is beautiful.
Ischgelroi
The secret of simplicity ?
I ordered Dior Homme Cologne three years ago just blindly and since then my second Dior Homme Cologne bottle accompanies me now. I think it's a shame that Dior Homme Cologne is completely overshadowed by its brothers, but I also find the name somehow wrongly chosen, because Homme Cologne actually has nothing in common with the other Homme perfumes, at most the bottle design, unfortunately, too little is said about this great perfume, but now to the reason why I love this perfume so much. This simplicity is just so overwhelming there is just this fresh bergamot and grapefruit note combined with a portion of musk as a fixation for the performance there is not much around, here is just not a lot of unnecessary frills just the reduction to the essentials, but that's all a good summer fragrance needs. I also get frequent compliments from those around me on this great perfume, it's the perfect perfume for people who don't like being perfumed. Dior Homme Cologne is so light and pleasant that it will never annoy anyone.
So Zitrus Cologne also goes luxuriously
Citrus scents are a thing of the past Some of these conspecifics smell like cheap lemon cake or the agent used to clean our bathroom.

Maybe you have been to a Japanese boutique or furniture popup before. They often use diffusers that evaporate lemon oil. Yeah? That's exactly where we're going
Dior Homme Cologne starts with a clear, high-quality citrus note. Here I smell the lemon and the peel equally.
In addition, light woods and something velvety resonate, which is probably the vetiver.

The fragrance remains linear over the entire course and only flattens slightly into the velvet note at the end.

The sillage is quite strong in the beginning, but it will subside just as quickly.
The durability is unfortunately below average and he disappeared after 4-5 hours.

Is it worth the purchase?
Who has a limited budget should think twice before buying. It is somehow suitable for allday use, but the performance is too bad and it is very expensive for a cologne.

I bought it anyway and I enjoy
him from time to time in the summer.

But you can guarantee that he won't get on anybody's nerves.
But is that really a plus?

Last but not least, I must emphasize that it is not a unisex scent. My wife also blindly recognized immediately that it is a men's scent.

CarlosfarraCarlosfarra 1 month ago
Straightforward fragrance, smells like freshly squeezed lemonade. Very citrus and fresh. The bottle looks nice also. Good if you like lemons
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 3 months ago
Ice-cold citrus lemonade with a slight tonic water feel, it smells exactly how the juice looks. For the highest of heats
SHLSHL 5 months ago
2.5
I really can't understand the hype behind this one. All I get is a lemon detergent smell. No grapefruit blossom and no musk just lemon.
WCRWCR 9 months ago
Pure and uplifting fresh like a lemonade, with a hint of floral. Spring/Summer only. Performance on me is fairly good.
WinandVWinandV 12 months ago
One of the best hot weather freshies in my collection. Gorgeous and realistic lemon! Stop complaining about longevity! It’s a cologne!
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 years ago
One of the best scents for very hot weather. Refreshing, sparkling bergamot with a bit of musk. Linear but great. Performance is awful.
OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 3 years ago
Loving this, a must have for summer. This is a refreshing and clean fragrance.
AmberScentAmberScent 3 years ago
Citrusy from top to bottom. A flanker far from the others Dior Homme. A bit vulgar and miles away from the previous EDC edition.
KingPinKingPin 3 years ago
Bergamot bomb opening, pleasant musk following. Very similar to Atelier Cologne’s Bergamot Soleil, but softer and nicer dry down.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 3 years ago
Mercedes Benz Cologne got me covered for a fraction of the price. Still a good scent

by Fresh21
by Toreter
by Hoyt
by Hoyt

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior