Dior Homme Eau for Men 2014Eau de Toilette

Dior Homme Eau for Men (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme Eau for Men (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-fresh. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Moroccan grapefruit, Crimean coriander
Heart Notes Heart NotesFlorentine iris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Elchen50, last update on 07.07.2020.

Actor Robert Pattinson is the face of the advertising campaign.

Most Sexy Perfume !
No, I am not a student of Jeremy, but sometimes such a title must be allowed ;-) Here is the story:

As a victim ;) of my somewhat one-sided smell preference for fruity-fresh smells I felt a few months ago the desire to make a trip into other smells again. Iris has never been my case in men's perfumes before, but maybe a citrus-fresh fragrance on a slightly powdery basis would be something for me.

Said done, ... first Parfumo decliniert and finally stuck with the Pradas, beside Dior yes the reference for mainstream powder.

Unfortunately, the Dior Homme Sport failed because of a slight gourmand tendency and too little powder, and Prada's L'Homme Water Splash was too squishy for me (Neroli is not citric but rather flowery for me). Only the "L'Homme L'Eau" by Prada remained, which I liked better, but was a bit too thin, pointed and not round enough. Slightly frustrated, I soon realized that the powder-citrus mix is perhaps only a wishful thinking, but can never function properly.

In spite of that I thought "just powder, everybody is so enthusiastic about it, why not me?" So Pradas L'Homme tested again ... Result: 3-4 hours of a wonderful fragrance, but then (as with so many) Amber prevails again and makes it too sweet, too penetrating and annoying for me. Even more frustrated ;) I thought "now more than ever" and fogged myself completely with "Dior Homme". But -help- that was of course far too much of a (powder)good thing for a freshness fan like me. But wait a minute, there was a great note in there, in this thing. She had something, what was that? Anyway, it went down in the powder cloud and I forgot the scent soon ...

A week later, same shelf, similar thought "but they can be in powder, because MUST be something for me" ... and then it happened: I spotted the flacon of the Dior Homme Eau for Men and was instantly enchanted. Not only because this one is one of the most beautiful I know, but also because the fragrance itself immediately captivated me. What I smelled was so outrageously good that for the next two hours I stuck it to my wrist like a magnet.

I then quickly found out that it must be the Kakau, which here, just like in Dior Homme, subtly contributes its mild aroma, although it is not to be found in the fragrance pyramid. And because the iris is still reserved at first, this results in an almost beguiling melange, in harmony with the slightly citric notes, to accommodate Floyd's favourite word, hehe. PhilipFrag also writes enthusiastically in his commique "the best opening I have ever smelled with a perfume" and titles it "The best top note".

100% approval, and the very best thing about it: it lasts about 2 hours! But I would go one step further: Dior Homme Eau for Men is the most sexy perfume I know (not to create "sexiest" and to offer our dear treasure hunter a steep lead in Anglicism, haha).

Ok, fun aside, both language gags are at my expense, but that would have meant a malus of scent - at least for me. Unfortunately, it doesn't just end in the cedar, which I only perceive to a limited extent anyway, but much more in amber, which is not exactly one of my favourites. Fortunately, however, the slight freshness of the Eau for Men holds against it and remains until the end. Nevertheless, once again Amber plays along and pulls the scent down a bit, by now also becoming a bit too sweet-woody, I think. Everything is a matter of taste, and for amber fans perhaps even a treat:)

No Amber in it, you mean? I thought so too, but here is the official description of the fragrance on the Dior page "The sparkling base note with a woody amber accent spreads a strong, intense fragrance", which I would like to recommend to the ladies not least because of that.

Anyway, I'm sticking with it. Diors Eau for Men is my

Most Sexy Perfume !
My Joker
I deleted my old comment from April last year, because I wore it more often than expected and it was actually my summer scent 2018 and is still a fixed part of my toplists today. When I freshly tested him, I already gave him a 10.0. Since I have a large collection, I often rotate with the scents. He has made it very often, especially in everyday life on warm to hot days. In one year I have emptied 50ml, which I also have rather rarely with my scents. Last month I bought the 100ml. A fragrance that I really need in my collection and still convinces me after a lot of wearing.

The Dior Homme series from Dior is a safe bank for me. Whether Dior Homme (ink.Parfum & Intense), Sport or Cologne. All great scents, but I like this eau the best. By far. Even if the original and this one here go in different directions and one can not compare rather. The original DH is also in my collection. Funnily enough 2 times, because I wanted to buy this eau again last year, also mistakenly bought the Dior Homme EDT. I noticed it when I sprayed it on. The top note is similar, but much fresher.
I find this Dior Homme Eau perfect in everything. The noble beautiful bottle, the dreamlike fragrance and the good performance for a fresh fragrance.
For me the most beautiful powder smell for gentlemen, whereby I like many others likewise like e.g. the Prada L'Homme. The Tuscan iris is given. Clearly the star of the fragrance. Very summery iris paired with fresh citric notes and coriander. This spice makes it beautifully masculine and goes well with the iris. Later in the base comes a soft cedar note and seductive sweet notes, but not too heavy. All in all a wonderful companion that is just right. Even if the opinions are extremely different I can simply recommend this fragrance. A fragrance that gets little attention. Some Youtuber don't recommend to buy it, some recommend it, but most don't even talk about it. Very divided here, too. For some a TicTac box, which I can sign rather less.
The performance is wonderful in the freshness area. It survives the whole working day, which is not a matter of course with fresh fragrances. And with good Sillage. Top!

Now to my headline: This one's my joker. Because it's a year-round scent that always works. Especially for the working day/everyday life I am sometimes really cranky when it comes to this one fragrance. This one always went and my choice often fell on this one. Because he just has the perfect mix. It has a powdery purity that comes across as serious, but in return it also has a seductive sweet spice, especially in the base. All in all a round and gentle overall picture that convinces me on all levels. Also always wearable, whether on dates, appointments, in everyday life or even for sporting activities. Only with cold to really cold temperatures not the best choice.

All in all a fragrance with which I feel good all around and is a great companion. Especially the top note is one of the most beautiful fresh top notes in my opinion

ScentSlave
My favorite work fragrance, bar none
This guy is mellow enough to not be offensive, yet loud enough to ensure he’s being noticed. And such a fantastic trail he leaves... he’s what Versace Pour Homme wishes it could be; the gorgeous, CLEAN scent that actually HAS endurance. The one that the women will think about after he’s left, because not only was he enjoyable, he made her FEEL him, and enjoy him. A darker cleanliness... that leaves you feeling confident, and leaves them wanting more....
The best top mark!
It's clear to everyone that perfumes are a matter of taste. But for me not only the scent is important, but also the durability and the silage. And first of all: these are right with this fragrance.
For me personally this fragrance has the best opening I have ever smelled in a perfume. The bergamot in combination with the grapefruit (could even be orange for me) in combination with the coriander and the undertoned iris is simply stunning. It always brings a smile to my face. This remains however "unfortunately" only around the 10 minutes so. However, the scent will not be bad afterwards in any case! but only different. The iris begins to come more to the fore and combines well with the woody notes, but the freshness of the citrus fruit remains present and gives it an ingenious freshness.
It is therefore a slightly powdery woody fragrance with fresh undertones. Absolutely summer suitable !
I think that the fragrance gets much less attention than it deserves, for me an absolutely successful flanker. The connection to Dior Homme can be guessed, but the fragrance is far away from Dior Homme Intense or perfume. So a nice change for the warmer days.
Clear recommendation to buy

Love at first try
I just wore Homme Eau for the first time and totally love it. Basically is Dior Homme made for day wear. The opening is nice with a smooth citrusy touch but the Iris is what steals the show I guess my only complaint is with longetivity and projection, at least on my first wearing it lasted for about 4 hours or so.

Great for warm days and office

Thatsmr2usir
Not my favorite from the line, but it's ok!
Dior Homme Eau is a relatively nice/safe designer fragrance in the vein of it's father the original Dior Homme but it is not better. This is a more fresh take on the original minus the leather with added bergamot to make it more wearable for the warmer months. The iris/make up smell is still there supporting citrus & some light woods.

This is a daytime fragrance for me at least. It is to light for evening wear. Suitable for office and casual dates, brunch etc.. It is one of the better designer scents thus far making it a go to stable. It's projection & longevity is both average on me. If you want a Iris fragrance check out Hermes Iris Ukiyoe. 3/5 rating

AsulynS
Dior Homme Collection by the Book.
For me Dior's Perfumes is the most valuable combination with high quality notes.
Is carefully created while maintaining proportionally high quality ingredients.
The creator has invested a great deal of thought in creating elegant, contemporary masculine scents while maintaining a similar line between all existing versions of the HOMME line.

Dior Homme Eau For Man,
Smells Different.
Smells Sweetish.
Smells Freshness.
Smells like who wants to show happiness and relaxation.

at the end, that version worth every penny.

Score that: 8
Compliments: Good words by ladies.
Projection: People ask me about it.
Long Lasting: Workday.

Hitchslap
i don't see how this is seen as.....................
I just don't understand why this is seen as a "lesser" version of Dior's original Homme or other flankers.

This is a great scent that seems like it was made for autumn, not so light but not cloying like the Dior Hommes that came before it. When I wear this I feel as if I'm just not trying so hard like I do when I wear Dior's Homme, Guerlain's LIDGE and other mainstream scents that are nice but a little too stuffy for me.

As for longevity, I guess my skin just loves to hold fragrances a little longer than that of other reviewers. Does it radiate? I think it does, rather well.

Dior Homme Light...
So I've been wearing this one and have actually been enjoying it. It reminds me of a lighter and (at first) slightly generic version of Dior Homme. In other words, more like an imitation of Dior Homme than the real thing. I do like it though. This one has definitely grown on me. I find it very soothing and the fact that they weren't shy on using the iris here is a real bonus. I love iris in all forms so for me I really cannot call this a bad fragrance. I have never ever been disappointed in any of the Dior Homme line. I think this one is worth it if you like iris fragrances for men.

Amazing fragrance, poor performance
This is another classy, powdery floral fragrance from the Dior Homme line. It has the signature iris note which is outstanding, but this time with some lighter citrusy notes to create a less heavy, more summer-friendly fragrance compared to DH and DHI.

Speaking purely on scent, this is incredible. Nice sweetness and very romantic so perfect for a summer date.

However, the big downfall of this fragrance is the projection. It projects well for about 1 hour, after which it is very much a skin scent which makes me think it's probably better to spend your £65 on DH or DHI which will give you good performance. If you want to snuggle up to your girlfriend/wife this hits the spot. It's light enough to not choke her but has the classy and romantic elements to make this a success in that context.

Buy, try or pass? I'd say pass as you can get the same great scent with the other Dior Homme fragrances for the same price, and you also get the great performance with those. Sadly not with this one though.

OvaissaleemOvaissaleem 7 months ago
Very underrated fragrance. Starts off a bit citrusy but as the fragrance dries down, the Iris becomes more prominent. Powdery and Soft.
GolcherGolcher 16 months ago
Love it, live it so bad I wish it performed better but still a great buy

by Ovaissaleem
by Morrissey
by Spaghetti
by Spaghetti
by Scarletrose
Probably the closest fragrance to my current signature scent.  With over 30 scents to choose from, it is difficult to stick to one.  I think I prefer to have a variety to choose from depending on my mood and preference.
by Rolk70
Der Nachmittagsduft, wenn es weder frisch noch würzig-süß sein muss.

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior