Dior Homme Intense (2007)

Version from 2007
Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior

Top 80 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2007) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2007. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. The production was apparently discontinued.

Amber, Iris, Vanilla, Vetiver, Cedar

Submitted by Sani, last update on 09.06.2020.

Masterpiece!
First time i sniff this fragrance i didnt like it. Today i love it. Its a masterpiece that you have to learn to like. Wonderfull iris note. Pure class. Pure charm. You can use this in fall and winter, but in my opinion you have to be dressed up. Dont use this casual. This fragrance demands your best style.

The trendsetter
"Dior Homme Intense" has been a trendsetter among designer fragrances - powdery and sweet, it has never been seen before and for this reason alone it deserves a good deal of respect, whether you like it or not.

I have now bought a quasi-full bottle (the famous silver spray head) and with the 2011 reformulation (NOT the grotty 2020 version! As you know, it deserves its own info page here as a new fragrance!) from the years 2018 and 2019.
I do not want to take apart the notes, which are not very numerous anyway, so I prefer to compare the formulas 2007 (in my case: batch 0N01 from 2010) and 2011 (in my case: batches from 2018 and 2019, both identical).

I first smelled and owned the 2011 formula, and since the ratings of the 2007 version are a bit better, I expected an absolute overkill and was very happy about the bottle.

Let's start with appearances: DHI 2007 is much darker and reminds us of the Dior Homme perfume, only a little bit brighter than that one.

Sprayed on the test strip and the skin, you can immediately notice the difference in the top note: DHI 2007 smells to me what it looks like. It clearly reminds me of the darker Dior Homme perfume, only a bit lighter It actually smells less "scratchy" and powdery than DHI's 2011 Refo, and is also much quieter and a bit "rounder" overall, with no rough edges. DHI 2011 has more sillage in my opinion, and is generally more a candidate that cries: "Here I am! - and exactly THAT is what I want to have in a fragrance. To stand out, to be noticed everywhere, to fill whole rooms. If only I myself should smell myself, then I can also use hand cream. No, DHI 2007 is not so quiet, don't worry - I've digressed a bit. Nevertheless it is much quieter than DHI 2011.
Many people were also bothered by the "scratchiness" of DHI 2011, I, on the other hand, don't take it anymore and actually find the 2011 refo better and more addictive overall, although it is much less masculine due to the stronger sweetness and the more intense make-up flair.

Approaching the base note, one now notices that both variants are very similar: it becomes vanilla and delicately sweet.
A great finish, only marginally different in both formulas.

Since I clearly prefer the 2011 candidates, I will sell the DHI 2007 bottle.

Nevertheless a nice collector's item - and the comparison has once again shown what quite different fragrances are sold under the same name. Compared to DHI 2020, this is a joke.

CONCLUSION: The rating is marginally worse than DHI 2011, which I clearly prefer.

Designer's heaven!
This is another designer's wonderful release together with Dior Homme. There isnt much to say about this beautiful scent.

This is darker and sweeter than DH: opens with a powdery iris that remains in the drydown. Later joins the vanilla and it gets even more sweet smelling like chocolate.

Great lasting power with medium projection and sillage.

This is superior than the reformulated version.

Updated October 2013

Drseid
Waxy Iris And Powdery Cocoa...
I just get cocoa powder and waxy iris; that is about it. I am not a gourmand fan as a general rule, and this one has not made a convert to the genre out of me. Certainly a well-made scent that lasts and lasts, but I feel this one does not live up to the hype. I *really* love the bottle though... Too bad the scent does not live up to it's top-notch packaging. 2.5 stars out of 5.

Consider it unisex
This is such a popular fragrance, perhaps even more popular than its predecessor Dior Homme. I tried Dior Homme Intense shortly after lunch today, and have been wearing it ever since. I am not yet convinced as to what sex it belongs to.

Dior Homme Intense opens quite sweet and powdery, not unlike the opening of Guerlain's Shalimar Parfum Initial. At this point I can see why some would consider it a fragrance with feminine tendencies. Thankfully, once it begins to develop, the composition becomes much deeper and less sweet.

Towards the heart, the iris accord is much earthier and less floral, with the powdery-ness softening into a musty lavender and vanilla blend. As a woman this fragrance doesn't smell strictly masculine on my skin, but that's not to say that this composition isn't suitable for men. It has proven itself over the years to be one of the most captivating and sensual fragrances on a man's skin, and I don't doubt that for one minute.

Dior Homme Intense is the kind of fragrance my man usually enjoys wearing. The drydown was my favourite part, where the amber and cedar created a soft and dreamy conclusion to a rather fascinating fragrance. The scent itself is quite mysterious and rich, and I'm pleased to say that the longevity is indeed impressive.

Did it smell like cosmetics, or in particular lipstick to my nose? No. But I did get a lot of powder and feminine-like sweetness from this fragrance, although I must admit that the woods and amber kept it from becoming too floral and sugary. Dior Homme Intense is a lovely unisex fragrance, and that is what I'll conclude with to keep both sexes happy.

a masterpiece
amazing one thanks dior for this masterpiece outstanding one a true blind buy
best man perfume from dior with great longevity and sillage . its an addiction to me .
its powdery , vanilla , iris , woody very classy one
some could say its unisex because of iris but i think its masculine enough
a true compliment collector
(a must have for sure )
long 9.5/10
proj 9.5/10
smell 10/10

Carlitos01Carlitos01 164 days ago
A very good scent but not really far from the younger 2011 version. The vanilla note is stronger in this older and sweeter version.

by Kirthi
by Kirthi
by Schücha
by Schücha
Luv2007
by ivko
by Nickname
by Nickname
Vintage: Dior - Homme Intense 50ml EDP (2008)
by MrNiceGuy
by Stardust
by Stardust
by Carlossp
by Carlossp
Vintage: Dior - Homme Intense 50ml EDP (2008)
by MrNiceGuy

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior