Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesTuscan iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 14.10.2019

The Autumn-Winter-Dressed-Up-Allrounder
I was able to get the Dior Homme Intense online at a good price and I had to strike, because I had always had it in mind as a fragrance twin to the Valentino Uomo Intense. However, a comparison between the DOI and the VUI is simply not to be missed.

First of all, I think the Dior starts much softer. The Iris is of course very noticeable, but not as dominant as my Valentino. Overall, I find the DOI more rounded and balanced. It is not so conspicuous and altogether a good all-rounder, which I prefer to wear in the office or to go out in the evening. What I find important here is a certain casual to chic outfit. Otherwise one goes as I find in the presence of this fragrance under.

For autumn/winter, when it gets rainy and unpleasant outside, I think this fragrance is best suited. He just gives me in the drydown this pleasantly warm feeling.

For all men between 20 and 30 who are currently looking for a new autumn-winter fragrance, I can only recommend this fragrance.
8.0 5.0 6.0 8.5/10

Duftomatisch
Ripe, quiet, pleasing office and nightlife prudrig fresh Iris-Allrounder without edges and somehow beautiful.
I really like Dior homme Intense very much. It is one of those fragrances I didn't like when I first experienced it. So it behaved with me e.g. also with Le Male, Terre, Amber pour homme, Spicebomb or One Million. There are just such scents - and probably every one of you knows this - which strike immediately, please you at first attempt, then such with which the exact opposite is the case and with which in most cases also remains so, and even these "quite nice but don't knock me out" scents. In this category belong the ones I mentioned above, as well as Dior Homme Intense. And somehow that changed gradually. Here and there in the perfumery, sprayed on, got to a little sample and used it very slowly and bit by bit he made it to the wish list - and finally also to the stock.

How does it smell?
I think most people already know the smell, I can't smell and describe notes well either, but I'll try to describe it: it's light and powdery, grown up somehow, a little fresh and dry at the same time. I don't have the iris note in my head now, but I'm assuming what so many people write here that the note is definitely present and smellable.
The fragrance is a bit sexy, but not very - I think it is also very suitable for the office. It is not loud and (with me at least) does not bristle straight before a room-filling Sillage. You have to get close to it to perceive it. And this is also my biggest point of criticism - the Sillage is average, the durability as well. I would have expected more for an eau de parfum. I bought myself the 150ml bottle and that's quite good, because I already used some ml in the first days, caused by repeated after-spraying during the day.
Now I have to say that I don't have a very sensitive or fine nose, I'm a smoker and it's similar with many other perfumes. So it may well be that DHI lasts much longer with others. I'm afraid he's very fugitive with me, but after a few hours it's over. It's more of a close encounter scent. I wonder a little whether I have such a "bad" nose, or why it is rated here with such a high durability - 8.8 at just under 1,200 ratings is a very high value, so I would expect that the fragrance remains from morning to evening. I can imagine that the H&S are not evaluated completely objectively freed from the actual fragrance. So, the higher the score for the fragrance, the higher the score for durability and sillage. It's just a feeling...

DHI goes for me easily in the direction of Midnight in Paris, Prada l´Homme and Bois d´Argent - if you like these fragrances from the style, you will certainly enjoy this Dior.
I like DHI very much, although I'm a bit disappointed with S&H, maybe it was better with the 2007 version. He has signature scent potential, but can't get past me at Pradas´ Amber pour Homme.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

BeauDeJour
From "Dior Femme Intense" to "WOW!"
I accidentally wrote the comment in the wrong tab (for the 2007 version). Here now for my 2011 version:

How the taste can change - be it movies, music or scents.

I remember two small samples of "DHI", which I was given a few years ago when I bought perfume. Once sprayed, I thought to myself, "What the hell? This bestial sweetness is supposed to be a man's scent? That's not even on the annual CSD freak show!"
Much too sweet was the whole thing, with a somehow scratchy note.
The samples immediately went to the garbage.

Sometime, years later, I came across Parfumo. And it is almost impossible to get past this scent here - it is mentioned and praised everywhere. I am also generally very grateful for these mentions.
After all the male-woody, fresh scents I just wanted a sweet scent; and since Tom Ford's "Noir Extreme" also scratches me and is almost only perceptible at close range (the Sillage is the most important quality for me next to the scent itself!), an alternative had to be found.

So I gave the DHI a second chance. In the Douglas I sprayed him a second time on the back of my hand. I liked the sweetness, but I didn't like the slightly scratchy one and the lady I was travelling with that day. Women's opinions are extremely important in my field of activity, and the next sweet scent should be aimed at them. Well, second chance half wasted, dear DHI. I still couldn't forget you altogether.

In the souk I started looking for an allegedly more suitable variant of the "DHI": The Valentino Uomo Intense. This filtered out the sweetness simply without scratching, it was said. That's the only way I wanted it - I thought. I ordered a sample of the Valentino and was really thrilled: like "DHI" without the scratchy! Immediately I ordered a new 100 ml bottle of the now unfortunately discontinued sweet.
Somehow I could not forget the "DHI" with its better depth but still not really, so I ordered a 50 ml bottle of "DHI" with a good discount from Douglas. Hey, if that's what so many people like, why not? And with the Preisch I simply had to strike.

And immediately after unpacking, I could finally smell the "DHI" as I had wished it to be: sweet, slightly bitter, but absolutely not scratchy like the testers at Douglas or the samples. What happened to those?!
Anyway, now the "DHI" has just pushed the "VUI" from the first sweet spot, because it simply offers more depth and fragrance development. The "VUI" remains sweet throughout, the "DHI" not only develops the fragrance but also lasts longer and "warms" a person - perfect for the cooler months! Probably one of the most cuddly fragrances ever. And the spray head would have made Peter North happy even at his best times, what a masterpiece.

Probably I will sell my original packaged "VUI" at a higher price, because it's hard to get - otherwise it will just be layered!

What a difficult birth, but in the end it turned out well.
9.0 6.0 6.0 9.0/10

Kleannor
Actually, I don't like irises...
...I thought. I remember the first time I went through the Dior Homme range in an Amsterdam perfumery. That so many people, including my favourite YouTuber Sebastian from Smelling Great Fragrance Reviews, were overwhelmed with enthusiasm at Dior Homme was completely incomprehensible to me. And yet: I was drawn again and again to this simple, noble, magical bottle. At some point my nose had understood this somewhat rough, distinguished smell, accepted it and actually found it very, very good.
In a direct comparison, I then decided on the Intense version.
This could have been the beginning of a wonderful love, if my skin would not just swallow DHI. Neither Sillage nor durability, which others so appreciate, are convincing with me. What a shame! At the moment only drastic overdosage and frequent replenishment can help.
Maybe like months ago my skin learns my nose how to deal with such a scent.
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

That Old Feeling ...
"I saw you last night and got that old feeling
When you came in sight I got that old feeling
The moment that you danced by I felt a thrill
And when you caught my eye my heart stood still
Once again I seemed to feel that old yearning
And I knew the spark of love was still burning
There'll be no new romance for me, it's foolish to start
For that old feeling, is still in my heart"
(Lyrics: Sammy Fain & Lew Brown, Artist: Chet Baker)

This song by Chet Baker hits exactly the feeling that Dior Homme Intense triggers in me.
A relaxed, pleasantly melancholic Sunday exhilaration full of beautiful memories and with lots of desire for a carefree day.

This fragrance strongly reminds me of a beautiful woman who fascinated me as a teenager. It was my father's best friend's new girlfriend. A dark-haired, reserved and very friendly beauty with an elegant pageboy cut. She was a very elegant appearance and always smelled pleasantly discreet after this Dior Homme Intense, which she had brought from the future ;)
I think it was the first woman I was in love with - in my youthful way.

This powdery androgynous, sweet and yet also very slightly bitter and in the best sense "old" from DHI is simply stunningly beautiful and timeless.
It feels like a fragrance that must always have been there.

I will now glide into Sunday in my little cloud Dior Homme Intense and wish you all an equally beautiful Sunday with wonderful scents in your nose.
7.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Love at first sight
Before I bought this fragrance I had already seen countless videos and read reviews. This fragrance was so hyped that I thought to myself: You can't do anything wrong and I ordered the big bottle right away. In the beginning I really had to touch the scent a little, because in the beginning I sprayed much too much. The reactions in the environment were accordingly. It is sweet, powdery and for my taste it also has something feminine. With the right dosage I liked the perfume better with every day and meanwhile it's hard to imagine my collection without it. Perfect for the winter or a date in the evening.
8.0 10.0 10.0 7.0/10

Good Stuff
The more I wear it the more I appreciate this fragrance. It doesn’t blow me away. I like the dry down and it has excellent performance. I think it’s over hyped on YouTube, etc. I wear this occasionally but for the price I should be wearing this a lot more.

Rating: 7
10.0 9.0 10.0 10.0/10

Emorandeira
My favourite perfume... Perhaps...
Since i have discivered this perfume some years ago It becomes one of my favourite ones. Last time i hace been trying more the niche perfumes because i was not able to find perfumes which could fascinate me between the designers ones anymore. However Dior homme intense is still un my top 10 for sure and probably in my top3. When i go to the ordinary perfume shoos now i find difficult to find a perfume that i really like. Nevertheless i find this from Dior even better than most of the niche i have tried.

Performance here is so good. Maybe It is better un the parfum versión but the intense is enough. Probably the longest lastibg perfume i have with vjola, pardon, shaghaf oud, carnal flower, eau du soir and reve d'ossian together. I use It overall for nightout, It is my first option for this, and It lasts always the whole night and help me to get load of compliments.

I must confess that i am an iris lover. Most of iris based perfumes are un my favourite a lista (Dior homme, valentino uomo intense, Prada l'homme, givenchy gentleman, Prada infusión d'homme...) So It is reasonable the LOVE i feel for this piece of art. But this not only about the iris, but Aldo the Well blebded It is. The mixture with the lavebder and cedar... The not-too-mjch sweet from the pear... Everithing gives to this perfume the specisl character It has. There are in the market lot if copies of this perfume but i have never found one which really was clisé to It. Demanchy was a genius here...

Fifasfanatic
DHI - H/S perfect, the fragrance not.
I would like to start with what in my opinion is the greatest strength of the Dior Homme Intense EDP, its durability and sillage. I find these perfect. So perfect that any other perfume I test has to measure up to.

A maximum of 3-5 sprayers and a fragrance of up to 8-10 hours can also be longer. But also the Sillage knows how to shine it surrounds you discreetly but within the 8 hours never very closely. After 6-8 hours I even smelled them on myself when I breathed in deeply. I knew that from designer fragrances otherwise only from PR's 1 million which I appreciate very much, even if many perfumo's do not like it. Invictus I don't like againrum, should be said before you misclassify me and my taste.

Then why did I part with Dior Homme Intense after all? It's not an all-year scent, but it's much too heavy in summer. If it were tempting or at least particularly interesting, I would have kept it for the winter. But I must confess it is not a scent I would like to rich often.

Also the feedback I got from people between 20 and 60 years of age was always on demand: Yes you say that you have something on it, but it's not mine. Or: Hey, you got a smell on it today, or. END. You won't notice a real compliment. Sure there will be someone who will compliment you on DHI, but somewhere there is probably one for every fragrance. And I should also mention that I usually get compliments for my fragrances.

These are my opinions and experiences. My bottom line is great, but I'm missing something. Valentino Uomo Intense the DHI resembles I liked there already better, even if its durability and Sillage is not quite as good as here with the Dior.
8.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

Sweet Iris O' Mine
I'm wearing this today after a couple of months and I realized that this is a truly masterpiece that stood the test of time.

Although everybody talks about his younger brother (Parfum) and say wonders (and you should!!), this gem is also a great fragrance and more easy to pull off.
It has the original Dior Homme DNA based on Iris but instead of Vetiver at the base, we have a kind of dough note brought by the Ambrette seed and some cedar. Basically, It's a candied version of the original (like Luca Turin said).

It opens up with a big bouquet of fresh and powdery Iris, and a Lavender-ish note like the original but with steroids. After 10min it turns warm, sweet and doughy thanks to the ambrette seed. The Cedar appears after 1h to give more masculinity and some woody "freshness". It's one of the most beautiful iris based scents. Valentino takes this and rounds the edges but i prefer this roughly and soft-sweetness take on Iris.

The performance is great. It lasts easily 10-12h with good projection in the first 1h. After that it creates a bubble around you for 6-7h and only after that it starts to be a skin scent.

Everybody that likes the original or something between masculine and feminine, should give this one a try. It's more sweet and more seductive than the original but less brutal and woody than the Parfum version. It's perfection in a bottle!

One of the best masculines out there and a classic in our days.
9.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

Absolute madness :-)
BEST MEN'S PARFÜM

lasts hours / days on clothing
I got the most compliments on this perfume (disco/club/work/family/friends/acquaintances/dates)

This is my dating perfume *-* the women love the powdery sweet fragrance

THERE'S NO BETTER SMELL!!!!! Place 2 DIESEL BAD INTENSE Place 3 .THE GREAT BRIDE THE PARFUM OF DIOR INTENSE
8.0 7.0 7.0 9.0/10

ScentPhantom
Erwin gets the buzz out ..
... he stood there and looked at the thing in his hand ...

What had happened? ...

Erwin must have dozed off for a moment. The housework was more exhausting than he had thought.

When he regained consciousness, his nose perceived something and his instinct told him that it was something threatening. He rose. There was something in the air. Erwin almost got something like panic.

He took the key and went to the closet. Then he opened the box inside. Yeah, it was good in the hand. Erwin felt a little safer.

The window was a crack wide open, a breath blew over to him, from there the threat seemed to come.

He sensed a slight scent of cocoa. Recently he abhorred this drink.

He stepped outside. As a matter of fact, something was wrong here. Besides the cocoa scent, there was something else,
a shimmering, like hot air over the desert sand and a floral scent that he couldn't immediately attribute.
Iris, Erwin thought, his wife had always been very fond of these flowers.

Still very worried, Erwin let his nose circle. Also kept eyes and ears open.

Behind the hedge, on the neighboring property, he heard children's voices.
The breeze and the threat came from this direction.

He continued to approach the hedge. His nose took something woody. The hedge couldn't be,
erwin was quite sure of himself. He was thinking.
Now he had it, the last vacation together with his wife, whom they had spent in southern climes,
it was the smell of cedar wood.

It was now in front of the hedge. With the free hand it gained a view. On the lawn of the neighbouring property lay a blanket on which some items of clothing were scattered. The neighbour children played "father, mother, child" with their friends. The objects on the ceiling, served as cladding.
And there was something else Erwin saw - there he was, a bottle, he could barely decipher the inscription.
He let go of the hedge and turned around.

He remembered the first and only time he met this guy. So had the man smelled, because of which his wife, recently, had left him out of the blue.

Erwin stood there and looked at the thing in his hand .... Slowly he went to the door of his house.

Actually this man hadn't been so bad and if he honestly admitted it, neither had his scent... But at least he had taken his wife away from him! That counted! Fucking guy!

The door slammed behind him. He put everything back in its place and locked up.

After he also closed the window, he stood there ..., it beeped .....

Another repeated beep took him out of his mind. He had not yet adjusted to this noise - the washing machine had told him the end of the washing process.

Today, he wanted to try himself for the first time in his life, in the art of ironing.
Until the laundry was dry, he wanted to continue with the house cleaning ...

...the guy hadn't been that bad and his scent ... shit guy!

Erwin sank into his thoughts again.

... maybe ...
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10

The King
After hearing a lot of good things about the fragrance and finally finding a good offer, I decided to buy Blindbuy.
I remember the day to this day. I opened the package and smelled the spray head. I was enchanted. What a smooth sweet scent. I couldn't believe it. So I sprayed on my wrist to test it. And it got even better on my skin. I smelled again and he held and held and got better and better and better. It's one of those scents you can't wait to wear next time. Unbelievable, and now it's my favorite fragrance. And Dior my favorite house.
I can really recommend the fragrance to anyone interested in perfumes to try this masterpiece.
For me, it's the king of the night, no matter what the occasion. Whether formal, Date Night, Casual and simply at home on the couch. The scent always leaves as soon as it gets dark.
10/10 short and sweet
8.0 8.0 8.0 9.0/10

I can smell you
At that time, looking for a scent to match the leather jacket, this powdery friend came towards me. On a test strip with it and he had me. But first wait a little and so still 2 splashes on the wrist and went shopping further. After one hour, the wrist is held under the nose ... WOW! He kicked me straight. This powdery, this iris, the slightly sweet aroma. It surrounded my nose and in combination with the soft smell of my leather jacket simply the hammer.
Since then I don't want to miss him, although Valentino - Uomo Intense got me a little bit more. But again and again I come back to Homme Intense and love it. He's a flatterer, pleasant, soft, powdery and not pushy at all. Don't want to miss him in my collection, my powdery friend.
9.0 9.0 9.0 9.0/10

Oldish2002
The one that you can make history with
I don't even know how to start. I guess this one is my favourite designer of all times. (And I'm talking about an older batch, haven't tested any recent ones for a while). I only use this one for special times. It's too exquisite to be used for other purposes. Leathery, creamy, powdery and that irish flavour is the cherry from the cake. I almost can eat this one(just kidding). 2-3 Sprays and you are done. Compliments ? Up, down, left and right !
If you know how&where to use it, of course. Only for colder seasons (late fall&winter for me). A bit pricy but it worth every dime. This fragrance got me a nice girl some years ago. She just fell in love with my scent and my attitude. She called me the next day just to remind me that she is still smelling like me.
According to performance, this one is LEGENDARY (at least my batch which I think is from 2011or 2012).
12+ Hours on the skin easily and at least 3.5 to 4 hours of strong projection. Just get your nose to it and test it on your skin, not on the paper. Girls will love this scent, trust me. And you guys too.
Overall : 9/10
6.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Le nouveau Habit Rouge?!
Il s'agit de l'eau de parfum issu de Dior Homme, dans la version remaniée en 2011 par Demachy. A la vue du succès et à la reconnaissance au niveau international, cette eau a inspiré plusieurs créations, notamment italiennes. Il y a au premier abord et pendant environ trois heures, la présence massive de l'Iris soutenue par l'Ambrette, puis le côté sucré contenu dû à la Poire. Elle finit dans un aspect plus bois avec des accents parfois proches de Terre d'Hermès liés à la présence de la Lavande et le Vetiver. Cette eau est de très très bonne tenue. L'Iris y est puissamment magnifiée. Donc il est nécessaire de ne pas trop en mettre pour ne pas incommoder par le sillage important. Pour les amoureux de l'Iris et des odeurs poudrées, elle possède toutes les qualités: Odeur, tenue, sillage, rapport qualité-prix, et, adaptabilité. En effet, l'absence de cuir par rapport à la version parfum, plus coûteuse, en fait une eau formellement moins soutenue, à mettre en toute circonstance. En quoi serait-elle le nouveau Habit Rouge? Les femmes la portent ou l'offrent aussi sans aucun scrupule.
8.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Attlas
Is my skin magic or what?!
I read too many comments saying Dior Homme Intense has bad longevity.
My bottle is from June 2017. My skin is not magic, is just a normal human skin.
This fragrance lasts 12+ hours. I always make sure I apply it on the skin an not on the clothes because it would make it even more intense.
It is not versatile yes, but longevity and projection are very impressive people.
8.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

The reflections of a Dior Homme Intense humble user
Dear friends of Parfumo,
In 2018, I bought two Dior perfumes with the guarantee of buying original products (sometimes you receive some odd imitations over the net). These are Dior Homme Intense EDP (2011) and Dior Sauvage EDP (2018). First I will focus my attention on DHI and reveal the results of my humble reflections during the last months, being sure that I am reviewing a legit product.
However this is not a normal review, but a compilation of thoughts I had about this fragrance in the past couple of months. My objective fragrance rating is naturally different from a random thoughts colection rating, each thought individually, and possibly in different occasions, and then obtaining an average.

My thoughts:
1 - The bottle is beautiful and efficient but without being stunning. It's a bit "retro" as it should be a Dior for "Homme" flask. 8/10
2 - It is a very good fragrance, well blended and with ingredients of recognizable quality. 9/10
3 - The DNA of this perfume reminds several others of Dior. Dior Homme Intense is a flanker of Dior Homme but shares DNA and market position with Dior Homme Parfum. Is Dior promoting in house competition? 6/10
4 - I'm not yet accustomed to the make-up scent DNA of this fragrance as I have never been a big fan of Iris. Perheps it will change over time. In the opening, besides lavender, there is also a strong lipstick aroma, too strong for me to accept this perfume to be a solely masculine one. Good thing! ... it reminds me of my wife's lips. 6/10
5 - Later, an amber and musk accord, also a little animalic and sweet, begins to grow and attenuates the lipstick smell ... I Like it better! 8/10
6 - Then the scent is directed to a drier aroma, balsamic and woody, maybe even a little rough. It leaves me indecisive ... I open a smile ... and for some time because this is the strongest scent till the end of the drydown. The most pleasant phase of the fragrance. 10/10
7 - It fixes moderately up to seven hours but with some effort. In several situations I had to use a decant to revive an unsuspected lack of spirits. 7/10
8 - Projects moderately ... does not draw much attention. It's not really unique as many other people use it as well. Will this be the sacrifice of an elegant perfume? 6/10
9 - The iris aroma (reminiscent of a makeup box and lipsticks) is the most striking note. It seems to me that it will please a more metrosexual approach that I do not have. Without prejudice!!! I do miss other notes like amber or frankincense. 4/10
10 - It's not an heavy pleaser, and it does not seem to attract a lot of compliments from women, as countless other fragrances do and with mastery. Men seem to like it better than women. 4/10
11 - I think there are several perfumes more to my liking than the DHI. In my case I should leave this perfume purchase to occur only when I don't have anything else to buy, or do it on a collection preassure, or even to be able to let other people know that I have Dior Homme Intense!
It should please more to collectors than to real and normal male perfume users! Well ... I collect perfumes, so...! 8/10
12 - I use this fragrance more to my personal satisfaction or collecting pleasure, than for other people to compliment me! If you like to use it ... I respect it! If you like to smell like iris ... ok. I accept it too! 8/10
13 - The DHI does not deserve all this hype! I heard and read a lot hype, which increased too much my expectations! In practice, when I use it ... I become a bit disappointed! Then I use another scent to feel better! 5/10
14 - It is collectible and indispensable for this purpose. 9/10
15 - When the evolution reaches the bottom notes and the drydown, it's really good! But it ends so quickly ... What a pity! 6/10
16 - It costed me more than perfume A and B together, and I kind of prefer to use either A or B, rather than DHI. 3/10

Average of my reflections: 6,13 / 10.00
Please bear in mind that this is a colection of thoughts I had during the last couple of months. It's not really a product review, and even less a rated one. The shown average reflects only random opinions of mine about this fragrance and does not pretend to represent a market opinion.

From my conclusions, you may choose 1 or 2:
A - Forget about collecting perfumes. You are spending a lot of money.
B - If you have my type of taste, you'd better invest in a Spicebomb Extreme, a Valentine Uomo Intense or Absolut, or even an Amouage Memoir Man! That is my honest and sincere personal opinion!

Keep your scent high!
9.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

DavidCameron
That's (almost) my scent!
Dior Homme was my scent back then. He practically stood for me, he impersonated me. But I didn't know that at that time and I still liked the scent, always looking for new olfactory experiences. I had found many - really got stuck are few.

Except Dior Homme. I wanted him back. And again. At some point there was no longer him and all those who came after him did not interest me at all. Because too sweet, or too powdery, too different. What was missing was what my Dior Homme had made out.

I had so removed the fragrance from my mind that I didn't even realize that Dior Homme Intense was coming out in 2011. I've made up for that with a blind purchase - and I'm not disappointed. The first impression is even almost frighteningly close to the scent in my memory. Something of a pity is that it lacks the freshness of the original, it becomes sweet and powdery in the base note like the other descendants - but still better than these. Because he has this one fine scent splinter from the original Dior Homme moment.

Let's see how it develops - or how I develop with it. Could be my new (old) signature scent already.

It's autumn, hooray!
True story: A few years ago, at the beginning of my passion for perfume, I wore Dior Homme Intense for the first time. That day I went to Prague with my girlfriend. It was in September, and the days began to get cooler. As refreshment for the trip we got some more chairs from the baker at the station. We were about to pay, and the salesgirl said, "One of you smells damn good!" Ha, I knew who that was! :)

Since then, this fragrance has been the quintessence of autumn for me, and I also rang in autumn 2018 with it last week. When I wear it, I just feel at home. This iris in the top note is unbelievable. You have to like Iris and her qualities, otherwise you won't get warm with DHI. "Men's powder" is my short form for it, even if in my opinion this fragrance is completely unisex. The longer you wear the scent (and it lasts at least eight hours with me), the more a vanilla sweetness comes through, but it never gets sticky. The fragrance develops a creamy enamel that caresses the wearer all day long. The Sillage is obviously not to be despised, see above.

Meanwhile I also own Dio Homme EdT and Le Parfum and I am convinced that this is one of the great modern classics. Each of these releases has its justification - for example, you can wear the EdT during the day and let the perfume follow in the evening without any problems. But Dior Homme Intense will always have a special place in my heart.

And, by the way, always remind me of the old lady Prague. Just like she also has this scent claws.

Polarrfox 36 days ago
Beautiful one, which can also use ladies. I would buy one, but I am afraid of the sillage. It´s very weak for such a expensive perfume.
4.0
4.0
Emorandeira 91 days ago
One of the best blended iris based perfumes i know. Great sillage, better longevity and one of my favourite smells.
JoaoMartins 9 months ago
It's good but not as good as the parfum.
AmberScent 10 months ago
With the lavender opening, there is also a strong lipstick aroma, too strong for me to accept this perfume to be a masculine one. Unisex ??+5
Miljon 12 months ago
For me it smell creamy, like a candle with little bit of lavender and flowers, pleasant and strong+1
Darkbeat 15 months ago
Incredible beauty of luxury makeup powder. An elegant perfume, that everyone should try at least once in a lifetime. highly recommended.+4
Attlas 17 months ago
The long lasting oppening gives a false impression of a feminine scent. But wait for the drydown... Not a feminine scent at all+1
Carlitos01 19 months ago
Some thoughts: Great fragrance, reliable, safe, great dates... 50% of the people uses this scent (Dior+Valentino+Zara 9.0+CH Privé+TF Noir)+3
Anasali 4 years ago