Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Parfum

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

8.81946 Ratings

8.31941 Ratings

8.61936 Ratings

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.06.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

If velvet had a scent
Like a soft cloak of velvet, Dior Homme Intense wraps itself around its wearer, nestling in warm, delicate features and enveloping him in a powdery, dry, warmly soft aura.

Slowly, the fragrance melts into the skin and next to the omnipresent, luxurious iris note, cedar wood now enters after some time, which, however, always remains in the background and never displaces the main actor, the iris.

In contrast to the perfume, Dior Homme Intense puts the focus more on the iris. The Intense is thus even less fresh, even more powdery and even warmer.

The perfume is unique and incomparable, a jewel from the designer industry and anything but mainstream. Who likes iris and is looking for a perfume with more depth, more wood and a little less powderiness, should take a look at the Bois d'Argent from the Dior Privee series.
The Prada L'homme for going out
Some say it smells like a makeup box, lipstick or it is feminine and there is something to it, because it is strongly powdery, dry and sweet. The fragrance is rounded off by light woody cocoa notes. He pleases me despite the feminine touch very well and also brings good compliments, but you should already be masculine enough to bring the fragrance over well.

Compared to Prada lhomme it is much warmer, drier, sweeter and less fresh.
Why only now
Maybe I should not start with this fragrance. Maybe it's just too early to write anything at all about a fragrance. But I am totally overwhelmed and can not help it. I don't know exactly what I'm smelling and how the composition in the fragrance pyramid matches up with what you're supposed to smell. I have too little experience for that. But that can still change.
But that's not why only now. It's about the fragrance that I have only now smelled for the first time. Around which I have already made hundreds of times a bow in the perfumery. The one I didn't notice and didn't give a glance to. Or simply always overlooked. And I would not have registered here he would have remained hidden to me probably forever.
Why I actually rather did not want to start with this fragrance to write something? Because I probably will not do it justice with my review. It is the most beautiful fragrance I have smelled so far. Yes so sounds an evaluation of a layman.
You spray the scent on your skin and you are surrounded by a soft elegance.
Sweet and yet masculine at the same time. Man feels a kind of luxury when you can feel something like that by smelling it. Anyway, I enjoy what the fragrance does to me. He just gives me a nice feeling. And this feeling stays with me all the time. It does not change. After it's on my skin, the smell stays the same all the time. And it lasts an eternity on me. Sprayed on in the morning and it is still present in the evening. Much too bad to shower him off. The price-performance ratio is right with this fragrance in any case. And I would have assigned him in a blind tasting in any case higher price. For me it is currently the most beautiful men's fragrance. I think you can always wear it, in every season and for every occasion. And as it is with so many things, that's probably not the opinion of everyone here on Parfumo. Some love it, others hate it. And that's a good thing too. I wish I had discovered this beautiful fragrance much earlier for me.
Leonie1711
My favorite fragrance on men
Yes I wear the fragrance very much myself, but I prefer to smell it on a man. The man, about which I was allowed to get to know this fragrance, yes me because of his smell absolutely captivated. Seductive, warm, safe and yet not dominant and controlling. For me, my dream man scent!

ScentSlave
I saw it in a Perfumania store...
... ran the batch code... and it was a 2018 batch!! HAD TO GRAB IT, IMMEDIATELY!! 150ml for $150, and I ran out with the last bottle they had... I then rushed home, took a HOT bath (to scrub off the “Toy Boy” I was rocking), and gave myself a few shots...

Opened the box, to see which bottle it was, and indeed, it was the deeper, darker brown juice, with the all black cap that has the CD logo engraved on the top (not the translucent one with the silver “CD Homme Intense” on the inside)... so I was excited even more.

Now for the experience... puff, puff, puff (One behind each ear, and one on the back of my neck) IMMEDIATELY I get a very powdery, almost “lipstick” feeling vibe for the first hour or so, and it slowly creeps into a very sweet, almost caramel-esque vanilla feeling... it feels very thick. I personally get a little desensitized to the sillage as it develops, but those around me can definitely feel it... it’s a very sweet, very powdery feeling scent that I was afraid my wife wasn’t going to appreciate... but alas, I was wrong. “You changed your cologne? I like this one. It smells like a caramelly vanilla. It’s really good”. So... the wifey likes it, and that’s HUGE.

I definitely see this one as another love me or hate me scent, and I can see why those that love it dislike the new formulation (of the EDT; as its very VERY different). This one is much sweeter, and the “lipstick feel” (which for some reason women seem to adore on a man) is definitely a FINGERPRINT. You won’t mistake it for anything else, but it’s not for everyone.

Performance wise, again, I become slightly nose blinded by this, but the sillage trail is definitely STRONG; you can leave a room, and re-enter to catch another whiff. Projection is also very powerful, with a large radius of easily 5-6ft for the first 2-3 hours, and even as it fades, it’s an “aura” around you, extending to a 2-3ft radius. Longevity is FANTASTIC; as I shot this one 8+ hours ago, and it’s still resonating.

I’m happy I found it, and I’ll play with it more. Those that love it are probably going to hate me for this next comment, but I personally like what they did with the NEWER version of the EDT, a little bit more, as they’re a bit more “masculine”. Now that doesn’t mean I dislike this one, as I DO indeed love it, it’s just that this one is a hair lower in my personal ranking. I know I’m comparing this EDP to the newer EDT, but I can’t find the original EDT anywhere, so this is the best I can do.

Fantastic, indeed, as I am a true Dior loyalist, and Dior hasn’t let me down yet.

Update: I found a 2020 Batch (made in September 2020), so I bought it to make a comparison (as I love it, and wanted to see if all the noise we hear was true). While the scent is definitely similar, the 2018 batch is DEFINITELY stronger, particularly in the opening. The 2020 batch has a kind of “airy” feel to it. As the opening fades, they essentially become the same scent, but with the same effect on projection/sillage; i.e. it’s DEFINITELY stronger/fuller in the 2018 batch. If I didn’t have both, I would probably not have noticed, but having one on each wrist/shoulder makes it quite obvious. That means I’ll be using the 2020 more freely, and saving the 2018 for the special occasions.

I also hear that there’s a “new” Dior Homme EDP on the way to America in March, so stay posted, as I’m DEFINITELY going to grab it.

Wanted 4 years!
As of December 2020, it's finally mine!

A few years ago I had him sprayed in a perfumery on my arm, along with a wild orgy of various fragrances, when I was once again looking for something new. The whole thing is always very hectic with me, because I usually have little time.
The result was frustrating, nothing found and gone again, but what remained was the typical scent of lipstick through the iris on my arm. Initially, I was a little deterred and thought on the shelf was perhaps a women's fragrance.

After he has amazed me more and more it went back to the perfumery. The saleswoman said directly on the basis of the smell you could no longer determine which fragrance it was. So so in retrospect I must say, this fragrance I would smell out among 1000 fragrances, it is definitely unique. Likewise Dior Homme Original, Dior Homme Parfum, clearly the scents are very similar, but also totally different. Dior Homme Intense is clearly more vanilla than the perfume, moreover, the iris smells very dry for me at the Intense, the perfume, on the other hand, smells juicier through the leather, so it works on me when I compare both directly.

I like and appreciate all three, but the Intense is my personal favorite. I probably associate the Iris fragrance with positive impressions from childhood that remind me of different things and that's why I'm so fascinated by it. Recommending is difficult, definitely not a blind buy, it is just special, extravagant and for me absolutely unique. Who likes him will love him, even if I can not wear him every day it happens more often that I just pull off the lid and smell it, really enjoy him very much!
Iris, Iris, Iris, Wood
[First, I have to mention that my step-cousin is a makeup artist, so the smell of iris smells more like work than sensuality to me.]

As a comparison for two Iris scents, I organized a bottling of DHI and of Zara 9.0 and then tested each on my right and left arm.
DHI starts with a lot of iris, iris and again iris. Zara 9.0 still has the cardamom and juniper in the opening.
In the heart notes, for my nose, DHI has iris, iris and iris with a little dry wood, while Zara slowly joins in with the soft sweet undertone. In the end, again, for DHI, I smell only iris, iris and iris with a little more dry wood. Sweetness I can't smell at all, perhaps because the Zara seems much sweeter and rounder by comparison.

To describe it in the local dialect: DHI is "like ä strängi, fuffzischjährischie, vertrockniti Fronzäsisch-Lehrerin, bei der unnerum long nix mea bassiert is." Zara 9.0 is "like a jolly, spony dancer, with a nice red dress."

Sillage and durability are very good, however.

Mainstream Winter Cuddle King
A few days ago it was time again. Almost everywhere there was snow - ideal conditions for wearing Dior Homme Intense. After all, this mainstreamer is for me the epitome of a successful winter fragrance, which comes best in crisp cold and / or in view of the splendor of white flakes over and shoots a few degrees extra in the bloodstream.

Decisive for this is the cozy warmth of the Tuscan Iris-Absolue which exudes powdery as well as slightly woody notes.
And the ambrette seed is said to be olfactory somewhere between musky and pear liqueur. One notices only if one looks for it quite specifically.
More striking, on the other hand, is the Virginia cedar wood, which is less reminiscent of lead pencils, but relatively sublime and also warming comes along.

In between, you think you can perceive a few spicy nuances and also a little leather, so complex is the fragrance, which probably everyone would attest that he knows noble, mature, gentle, not too sweet and overall quite masculine to convince, although he certainly appreciate many ladies in itself.

Accordingly, it is for me one of the best mainstream fragrances and in the category of mainstream winter creations the absolute contender for the throne. For the money you really get what offered, especially since the projection and durability have exemplary character.

Now recently the question arose, whether in the recipe what was changed, although I had received a very recent sample, but no differences to copies of recent years can determine (but am also not a state-certified DHI expert). And from what I could test, it is just perfect. The only thing that keeps me from a 10, is this very slight pappige note, which is also present in the original, but is relatively covered here and appears only briefly.

What I would advise against, however, is to wear it in high summer. That would bring guaranteed some, but that would be like sipping mulled wine at 40 ° C.
Royalo
Can I still one of the best in the designer field
I owned the old version then and now I own this new version. The old I will also get me because I want to have the Dior Homme series complete. But there is hardly any difference. The scent has stayed the same in my opinion, which is really nice. If something has changed then the durability. But this is not worth mentioning with this lovely scent. There are really not many people who can not do anything with this fragrance. I am of the opinion this fragrance should not be missing in any collection. Even if you do not want to own many fragrances and do not want to spend so much for the fragrances you are very well advised with this fragrance.
DHI 2014
Iris. Sweet and sensual in scene. Very warm, pleasant fragrance, which has already earned me many compliments above average.
Very happy with the old batch. The new batch has not convinced me so.

Nik604Nik604 11 minutes ago
Overpowdery , Overfeminine , Overhyped, Overpriced.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 month ago
The best designer fragrance! No further words needed. The new version is just as good as the old one
MrLawmanMrLawman 2 months ago
This perfume did what many ladies couldnt: make men like the smell of lip stick!
PedroCabralPedroCabral 2 months ago
My signature scent! The initial smell of makeup is impressive and changes all the time. It has a super performance and a beautiful bottle.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 2 months ago
Starts of very odd and medicinal. Give it some time, it develops in sweet deliciousness. Caramel smelling candlelight kinda vibe.
DTCDTC 3 months ago
Clasicazo de iris, olor a barra de labios, muy sugerente
RonniweRonniwe 4 months ago
Fragancia realmente buena. Me encanta sobre todo para otoño. Un olor a Iris de maquillaje labial, realmente muy buena.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 6 months ago
Powdery chocolate goodness that just lasts forever
BertolucciKBertolucciK 9 months ago
Complex, powdery, sweet, elegant and long lasting. Beautiful iris for a niche quality perfume. Perfect for the cold weather.
TamashiiTamashii 10 months ago

by DeVitoHH
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior