Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 1 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Parfum

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 11.04.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

Why only now
Maybe I should not start with this fragrance. Maybe it's just too early to write anything at all about a fragrance. But I am totally overwhelmed and can not help it. I don't know exactly what I'm smelling and how the composition in the fragrance pyramid matches up with what you're supposed to smell. I have too little experience for that. But that can still change.
But that's not why only now. It's about the fragrance that I have only now smelled for the first time. Around which I have already made hundreds of times a bow in the perfumery. The one I didn't notice and didn't give a glance to. Or simply always overlooked. And I would not have registered here he would have remained hidden to me probably forever.
Why I actually rather did not want to start with this fragrance to write something? Because I probably will not do it justice with my review. It is the most beautiful fragrance I have smelled so far. Yes so sounds an evaluation of a layman.
You spray the scent on your skin and you are surrounded by a soft elegance.
Sweet and yet masculine at the same time. Man feels a kind of luxury when you can feel something like that by smelling it. Anyway, I enjoy what the fragrance does to me. He just gives me a nice feeling. And this feeling stays with me all the time. It does not change. After it's on my skin, the smell stays the same all the time. And it lasts an eternity on me. Sprayed on in the morning and it is still present in the evening. Much too bad to shower him off. The price-performance ratio is right with this fragrance in any case. And I would have assigned him in a blind tasting in any case higher price. For me it is currently the most beautiful men's fragrance. I think you can always wear it, in every season and for every occasion. And as it is with so many things, that's probably not the opinion of everyone here on Parfumo. Some love it, others hate it. And that's a good thing too. I wish I had discovered this beautiful fragrance much earlier for me.
Leonie1711
My favorite fragrance on men
Yes I wear the fragrance very much myself, but I prefer to smell it on a man. The man, about which I was allowed to get to know this fragrance, yes me because of his smell absolutely captivated. Seductive, warm, safe and yet not dominant and controlling. For me, my dream man scent!

ScentSlave
I saw it in a Perfumania store...
... ran the batch code... and it was a 2018 batch!! HAD TO GRAB IT, IMMEDIATELY!! 150ml for $150, and I ran out with the last bottle they had... I then rushed home, took a HOT bath (to scrub off the “Toy Boy” I was rocking), and gave myself a few shots...

Opened the box, to see which bottle it was, and indeed, it was the deeper, darker brown juice, with the all black cap that has the CD logo engraved on the top (not the translucent one with the silver “CD Homme Intense” on the inside)... so I was excited even more.

Now for the experience... puff, puff, puff (One behind each ear, and one on the back of my neck) IMMEDIATELY I get a very powdery, almost “lipstick” feeling vibe for the first hour or so, and it slowly creeps into a very sweet, almost caramel-esque vanilla feeling... it feels very thick. I personally get a little desensitized to the sillage as it develops, but those around me can definitely feel it... it’s a very sweet, very powdery feeling scent that I was afraid my wife wasn’t going to appreciate... but alas, I was wrong. “You changed your cologne? I like this one. It smells like a caramelly vanilla. It’s really good”. So... the wifey likes it, and that’s HUGE.

I definitely see this one as another love me or hate me scent, and I can see why those that love it dislike the new formulation (of the EDT; as its very VERY different). This one is much sweeter, and the “lipstick feel” (which for some reason women seem to adore on a man) is definitely a FINGERPRINT. You won’t mistake it for anything else, but it’s not for everyone.

Performance wise, again, I become slightly nose blinded by this, but the sillage trail is definitely STRONG; you can leave a room, and re-enter to catch another whiff. Projection is also very powerful, with a large radius of easily 5-6ft for the first 2-3 hours, and even as it fades, it’s an “aura” around you, extending to a 2-3ft radius. Longevity is FANTASTIC; as I shot this one 8+ hours ago, and it’s still resonating.

I’m happy I found it, and I’ll play with it more. Those that love it are probably going to hate me for this next comment, but I personally like what they did with the NEWER version of the EDT, a little bit more, as they’re a bit more “masculine”. Now that doesn’t mean I dislike this one, as I DO indeed love it, it’s just that this one is a hair lower in my personal ranking. I know I’m comparing this EDP to the newer EDT, but I can’t find the original EDT anywhere, so this is the best I can do.

Fantastic, indeed, as I am a true Dior loyalist, and Dior hasn’t let me down yet.

Update: I found a 2020 Batch (made in September 2020), so I bought it to make a comparison (as I love it, and wanted to see if all the noise we hear was true). While the scent is definitely similar, the 2018 batch is DEFINITELY stronger, particularly in the opening. The 2020 batch has a kind of “airy” feel to it. As the opening fades, they essentially become the same scent, but with the same effect on projection/sillage; i.e. it’s DEFINITELY stronger/fuller in the 2018 batch. If I didn’t have both, I would probably not have noticed, but having one on each wrist/shoulder makes it quite obvious. That means I’ll be using the 2020 more freely, and saving the 2018 for the special occasions.

I also hear that there’s a “new” Dior Homme EDP on the way to America in March, so stay posted, as I’m DEFINITELY going to grab it.

Wanted 4 years!
As of December 2020, it's finally mine!

A few years ago I had him sprayed in a perfumery on my arm, along with a wild orgy of various fragrances, when I was once again looking for something new. The whole thing is always very hectic with me, because I usually have little time.
The result was frustrating, nothing found and gone again, but what remained was the typical scent of lipstick through the iris on my arm. Initially, I was a little deterred and thought on the shelf was perhaps a women's fragrance.

After he has amazed me more and more it went back to the perfumery. The saleswoman said directly on the basis of the smell you could no longer determine which fragrance it was. So so in retrospect I must say, this fragrance I would smell out among 1000 fragrances, it is definitely unique. Likewise Dior Homme Original, Dior Homme Parfum, clearly the scents are very similar, but also totally different. Dior Homme Intense is clearly more vanilla than the perfume, moreover, the iris smells very dry for me at the Intense, the perfume, on the other hand, smells juicier through the leather, so it works on me when I compare both directly.

I like and appreciate all three, but the Intense is my personal favorite. I probably associate the Iris fragrance with positive impressions from childhood that remind me of different things and that's why I'm so fascinated by it. Recommending is difficult, definitely not a blind buy, it is just special, extravagant and for me absolutely unique. Who likes him will love him, even if I can not wear him every day it happens more often that I just pull off the lid and smell it, really enjoy him very much!
Iris, Iris, Iris, Wood
[First, I have to mention that my step-cousin is a makeup artist, so the smell of iris smells more like work than sensuality to me.]

As a comparison for two Iris scents, I organized a bottling of DHI and of Zara 9.0 and then tested each on my right and left arm.
DHI starts with a lot of iris, iris and again iris. Zara 9.0 still has the cardamom and juniper in the opening.
In the heart notes, for my nose, DHI has iris, iris and iris with a little dry wood, while Zara slowly joins in with the soft sweet undertone. In the end, again, for DHI, I smell only iris, iris and iris with a little more dry wood. Sweetness I can't smell at all, perhaps because the Zara seems much sweeter and rounder by comparison.

To describe it in the local dialect: DHI is "like ä strängi, fuffzischjährischie, vertrockniti Fronzäsisch-Lehrerin, bei der unnerum long nix mea bassiert is." Zara 9.0 is "like a jolly, spony dancer, with a nice red dress."

Sillage and durability are very good, however.

Mainstream Winter Cuddle King
A few days ago it was time again. Almost everywhere there was snow - ideal conditions for wearing Dior Homme Intense. After all, this mainstreamer is for me the epitome of a successful winter fragrance, which comes best in crisp cold and / or in view of the splendor of white flakes over and shoots a few degrees extra in the bloodstream.

Decisive for this is the cozy warmth of the Tuscan Iris-Absolue which exudes powdery as well as slightly woody notes.
And the ambrette seed is said to be olfactory somewhere between musky and pear liqueur. One notices only if one looks for it quite specifically.
More striking, on the other hand, is the Virginia cedar wood, which is less reminiscent of lead pencils, but relatively sublime and also warming comes along.

In between, you think you can perceive a few spicy nuances and also a little leather, so complex is the fragrance, which probably everyone would attest that he knows noble, mature, gentle, not too sweet and overall quite masculine to convince, although he certainly appreciate many ladies in itself.

Accordingly, it is for me one of the best mainstream fragrances and in the category of mainstream winter creations the absolute contender for the throne. For the money you really get what offered, especially since the projection and durability have exemplary character.

Now recently the question arose, whether in the recipe what was changed, although I had received a very recent sample, but no differences to copies of recent years can determine (but am also not a state-certified DHI expert). And from what I could test, it is just perfect. The only thing that keeps me from a 10, is this very slight pappige note, which is also present in the original, but is relatively covered here and appears only briefly.

What I would advise against, however, is to wear it in high summer. That would bring guaranteed some, but that would be like sipping mulled wine at 40 ° C.
Royalo
Can I still one of the best in the designer field
I owned the old version then and now I own this new version. The old I will also get me because I want to have the Dior Homme series complete. But there is hardly any difference. The scent has stayed the same in my opinion, which is really nice. If something has changed then the durability. But this is not worth mentioning with this lovely scent. There are really not many people who can not do anything with this fragrance. I am of the opinion this fragrance should not be missing in any collection. Even if you do not want to own many fragrances and do not want to spend so much for the fragrances you are very well advised with this fragrance.
DHI 2014
Iris. Sweet and sensual in scene. Very warm, pleasant fragrance, which has already earned me many compliments above average.
Very happy with the old batch. The new batch has not convinced me so.
ThatDude
The memories are coming back...
First of all, this is my first comment and I do not intend to analyze the fragrance further, because this has been done umpteen times before by connoisseurs who know it much better than I do. Therefore, this comment is rather dedicated to the significance of the fragrance for me.

I remember back in 2013, looking for a perfume that wasn't available in the supermarket, which was to make a difference. I was 17 years old and could barely walk into our village club with a mum note. Despite that, of course I wanted to make some impression...stand out from the crowd. My mother was in town and brought me 3 samples: DHI, DHC, and Terre D Hermes. After testing all 3, I knew exactly which of these scents appealed to me. Of course, I wasn't completely without premonition when I came across these 3 perfumes; I read into this forum back in 2013. DHI was going to be it. I wore this perfume for close to 4 years until the third bottle, during my travels around the world, was nearing its end. Unfortunately, this fragrance was not available in Indonesia, at least not in the shops I had visited and I took what I could (In the end it became D&G Intenso)..
3 years I have now spent without this fragrance and him strangely never again picked up in public. Just under 3 weeks ago I came to the decision to order me a new bottle. When it arrived I was excited to own this fragrance again, despite some comments that the formula had changed or that the longevity had become poor. I opened the bottle, sprayed, and was simply overwhelmed. All the memories came flooding back from my very wild times, my meetings with people from all over the world, hikes, evenings around the campfire and much more. You really can't believe how much this scent means to me and how much I realize now that this is and will be my real signature scent; it's not about some mainstream trend, but rather about me reflecting and feeling good in this perfume.
The memory thing wasn't just me either.... My best friend came over in the evening and I proudly presented him the perfume what he had possibly perceived 7 years ago. This may sound funny now, but I told him: "Close your eyes and tell me what you think when you smell this scent." After not even a second, he was overwhelmed. He said it reminded him of the old days when we sat together as a young group, everything was carefree, of me, but sadly also of his ex girlfriend (nothing I can do about that now unfortunately). Anyway, this has shown me that this fragrance really has something special, something unmistakable, something that makes me and acquaintances think.
Of course, I hope that you liked this little story and maybe it went to you even once so with a perfume; then you know exactly how I felt.
P.S.: On me, the fragrance (Oct 2020) lasts a good 8 - 10 hours and even the next day it is still slightly perceptible. In my opinion, I also do not recognize a big difference from the 3 previous bottles that I have owned. But this is my opinion :-)

Greetings and have a nice day!
Flaconesse
With nuances of chocolate covered gingerbread
Welcome, my dear perfume friends to the 15th Advent calendar door and finally I would like to report on one of my favorite men's fragrances: Dior Homme Intense.

This is the formulation of 2011.There was already a version with a slightly different fragrance pyramid in 2007. Dior tends to reformulate the produced perfumes regularly, with new fragrance pyramid put on. Why this is exactly the case with DHI, I can't tell you. In principle, 5 reasons come into question:
1. The IFRA (International Fragrance Association, an association of leading fragrance manufacturers) bans certain fragrances due to (possible) carcinogenic properties or allergenic potential.
2. Certain raw materials can no longer be procured or only at exorbitant prices.
3. Production must become more cost-effective.
4. The perfume no longer sells well.
5. The perfume is being adapted to the spirit of the times.

I have known the fragrance for a few years now. Gave my friend of it once a sample, which he used up to my great displeasure all alone on a business trip, admittedly, on his return home he smelled heavenly.

A few years the fragrance fell into oblivion with me, until I recently purchased a bulging men's fragrance bottling package. After a few test runs on me and of course on my friend, it was clear to me that I want to give him the fragrance for Christmas and before all mean and secretly unbox with you.

A bit guilty I feel already above to break the CD seal and rip open the plastic...
The little black box looks simple yet elegant. To my amazement, there is a small fly or bee on the inside. Oops, came the secretly flown over from Guerlain? The rectangular, heavy bottle feels good in the hand. I particularly like the thicker black riser tube inside and the again plain silver lettering. The lid is slightly translucent.

I spray on the fragrance and have to smile directly, what a beautiful and attractive aura! Immediately surrounds me a fine spicy-sweet iris scent with nuances of chocolate-covered gingerbread. If I didn't know better, I would have ranked this spice in the fragrance pyramid. The spice dims down a bit and the scent melts into my skin. Powdery, fine woody with an elegant lipstick iris.
On my skin, it holds its 7 to 8 hours through with good sillage.

A fragrance that fits so incredibly well in the winter, as hardly any other. The both as a noble everyday, cuddly fragrance, as well as to fancier wardrobe makes a good figure. For me it smells 100% unisex, however, I see the wearer as a Ü35. And I am sure that I will continue to steal it from my boyfriend secretly one or the other time. Because, and I can't stress it enough: the divisions into women's and men's fragrances originate from the marketing departments of the respective companies. You should not take them too seriously, only as a recommendation and trust your nose and your taste in any case.

Thanks for reading,

Your Flaconesse

DTCDTC 1 month ago
Clasicazo de iris, olor a barra de labios, muy sugerente
RonniweRonniwe 2 months ago
Fragancia realmente buena. Me encanta sobre todo para otoño. Un olor a Iris de maquillaje labial, realmente muy buena.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 4 months ago
Powdery chocolate goodness that just lasts forever
BertolucciKBertolucciK 7 months ago
Complex, powdery, sweet, elegant and long lasting. Beautiful iris for a niche quality perfume. Perfect for the cold weather.
TamashiiTamashii 8 months ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
This fragrance is so good that Dior had to exclude iris from all the other flankers (except the Parfum), even from the 2020 Dior Homme.
DarellDarell 11 months ago
A timeless masterpiece by François Demachy blended to perfection. And a very versatile perfume for collectors to have in their collection.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 1 year ago
Ein wahrer James bond Duft mit gewisser Frische für tolle Abende rund um die Jahreszeiten!
MilanM90MilanM90 1 year ago
4.5
Wery powdery , not good smell firts 20 minutes... but not worth that money
Misk71312Misk71312 1 year ago
Smell feminine to me more than masculine, the best statement yet made is as mentioned in the top review “Makeup bag meets a pencil case”.

by Fraenky
by DeVitoHH
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior