Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 3 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Parfum

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seedEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedarVirginia cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 22.05.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

What do you think?
There's a big debate about which current men's perfume is more feminine, or metrosexual? Thierry Mugler A*Man? Midnight in Paris? Or Dior Homme Intense? I understand that sometimes we don't notice a certain note. But in the case of the lipstick note in DHI, I think it's hopeless to want to ignore it. The discussion is just one piece of the puzzle that, once formed, paints a very complex picture of what the human psyche is, and the patterns dictated by fashion through the ages.

Dior Homme Intense, for me, opens with lavender, vanilla and iris. In this case, it is the Íris that conveys this idea of ​​lipstick or makeup and draws the attention of those who smell DHI. Gradually, the iris becomes more intense and powdery. It gets hotter, sensual. About 1 or 2 hours later, the plot starts to get thicker and more mysterious. I don't know what notes form this impression, but my guess would be pear, vetiver and amber (which together with vanilla and iris, form a chocolate-like aroma). This phase lasts for a long time, until the emergence of the base notes (more woody). However, even in the end, DHI is a composition based on the iris, which in this last stage also resembles baby powder.

Despite being a really intense fragrance, the name is not just a pretext, as it sometimes happens. It's warm and sweet, I think 2 or 3 sprays can be enough to "fill a room". Dior Homme Intense is too good to be limited to just one station or geographic point.

The connoisseur of good perfumes, now that he knows and wears Dior Homme Intense, should take it a step further. Imagine DH or DHI alongside a more floral fragrance? It could be L'Eau d'Issey. A little more powdery iris. More vanilla and tonka. Some sandalwood and anise. It's not all of these together, but side by side, like faces of a cube, one of the faces being DH/DHI. So the question that doesn't want to be silent is: what is a woman's perfume and what is a man's perfume? Think Dior Homme Intense and be careful not to bite your tongue.

Stunning
This is one of the best modern mens fragrances. The iris dominates throughout, and a powdery undertone anchored with smoky wood notes make it irresistible. Every single time I’ve ever worn this I’ve had compliments and questions. This is for the confident man, as the powdery iris notes are very sweet. Go easy with this one, 3-4 sprays is all you need for all day. I’ve washed some shirts 2-3 times and can still smell this on them. Even on days when I don’t wear this, I will still pick it up and take a deep satisfying whiff.

Dior Homme Elegant
Let's make it short, Dior Homme Intense is the best designer perfume around, the best ever, both in terms of goodness and in terms of the quality of the perfume which is comparable to that of niche perfumes if not superior, for the price. what it costs you can say that it is almost a gift. If you are bothered to read the review, I have told the whole truth in the previous lines.
From the nose of Demachy, the Homme line of contains several gems, but intense is certainly the best and the one I recommend.I am aware of the different reformulations, but I must say that they are all very similar, I would only avoid the lots with the wording on the cap .
The elements that have made this line famous slightly are this effect two, one is the effettoris, which makes this fragrance elegant and sensual and the famous "lipstick" I don't know if desired, but there are 2/3 notes that together really remind of cosmetics feminine that blend perfectly with noble and masculine woods, this contrast which is even more evident in the intense version, a darker, intense, evening and more durable version than the progenitor Dior Homme.
The opening is very aromatic, you immediately feel a creamy lavender, slightly sweetened, a touch of pear, quite subtle, then it opens, when it dries it blooms like a flower, the lipstick effect, dusty, the iris comes out that it makes everything very sparkling and flowery slightly scratchy but never too playful, it remains sophisticated, soft, elegant, dark and mysterious, it seems to enter a real flowery, elegant, silky cloud. The base is more masculine and denser but always plays with the alternation of sweet, woody and flowery notes, the iris is always present accompanied by a hint of cocoa, you just feel then, the vanilla, the vetiver, the amber , cedar, truly a mix of sensual, enveloping and contrasting notes. Sweet but not gourmand, with an earthy and masculine heart, like a true gentleman.
This is what I call a "classy" perfume, it is perfect for elegant evenings, but it has the right character to be worn even in less formal contexts. Smelling it is almost a caress that envelops you, a modern woody floral, it stands out but with style, it is not arrogant, but it is calm and lasting, dark, attractive, a real pamper for the senses, this is the perfume that every collector should have in the closet.
It is true, it was born in 2007 and many have talked about this perfume, you will have read so many feedbacks on this and mine is yet another, but I could not omit my opinion on the greatest perfume of the modern era.
Having said that, I can only add, chapeau!

10/10

The Mighty DHI!
Before I wrote this review, I took the time to think about if there was any other “bigger than life” fragrance that actually fulfilled customer and fragrance enthusiasts’ expectations as DHI did.

Rarely there are, few and usually released far between each other. I cannot tell you how much I’m happy when something creative as this gets deserved recognition while maintaining its lasting appeal.

One of my Holy Grail Scents, Homme Intense, regular Homme, and Homme Parfum have been with me during most of my fragrance journey.

TOP NOTES
this unique fragrance opens up with the aromas of powder, lipstick, makeup, aromatic herbs, and bitter citruses lurking in the background. The bitter bite combing from sage envelops the lavender, and amplifies it with the same bergamot found in the Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017. Judging by the opening, you will be either disappointed or pleasantly surprised. Since we are already in the 2020s, this kind of semi-sweet, and powdery scents probably won’t shock you as they would back in the 2000s.

HEART NOTES
The scent warms up, the powdery iris overtakes almost everything experienced in the opening, and the fragrance starts to project even more. This note is present almost until the fragrance fades away from your skin. The genius move from Demachy to include this show-stealing Pear fruit is probably the sole reason why DHI is more popular than any other Dior Homme fragrance, and keeps the iris from never going fully into the feminine side.

BASE NOTES
One thing I wish it stayed longer would be the iris. By the time the fragrance reaches the dry down, the floral aspects are gone and don’t get me wrong the dry down remains great, but it would have been nice if that floral edginess stayed during the whole wake of the scent. The further DHI dries down, what is left is warm and musky vanilla with hints of chocolate, and is great.

*Check out my Parfumo profile to find out how can you read full reviews on my website.*
A warm hug on a weekend
I associate this scent with the good times when my grandma didn't have dementia and I was allowed to pick out and buy anything I wanted at retail. Be it Playmobil, Lego, Hasbro, Furbys, water balloons, a pop-up pool or anything else. It was the best time of my life.
My grandpa and grandma had a thread and screw company before the Chinese came and corrupted everything. This was around the 90s to 2000s.

I remember that old powder scent from your bag and those other wonderful scents from back in the day when I would visit on the weekends.

I always had to play something on the classical guitar that I had learned from the guitar teacher during the week, and my grandma always wanted to accompany me on the accordion, even though I really only ever played electric guitar at home, had idols like Jimmy Hendrix, Erik Clapton, Carlos Santana, Limp Bizkit, P.O.D. & Korn.

I often disliked it as a little boy in that playroom, but she took such pleasure in it when she could accompany me on classic songs that I wouldn't and couldn't take that away from her. These days I thank her, because that is what characterizes the discipline I later had to develop in the military.

Sadly, my grandpa has since passed away from Parkinson's disease.... It fills me with pride when I think of how you were to us. He was a great person in my life. Rest in peace and thank you for your time for the house you built for me and my parents.

For me, it's probably often the associations with a fragrance that make it so extraordinary, and Dior has succeeded here.

The durability and the sillage are very good, the bottle is nothing special, but this fragrance, which he has created, reminds me again of a bygone era that I get so not again...
RIP my lovelies.

Classic
This is a smooth, warm, inviting, elegant masculine fragrance, despite the Iris note. In terms of when to wear it, it is ideal for colder weather and for more formal events, be they for business or pleasure. Gets lots of compliments and lasts well. If it were a piece of clothing, it would be a fine Italian suit, well tailored and not brash, but a head-turner and memorable nonetheless. The original version lasts longer than more recent iterations, but still a beautiful scent.
Straight Outta 5th Avenue
It's a mild morning, late September. A man in his late 30s, perhaps already in his 40s, gets out of a taxi in front of a skyscraper on 5th Avenue in Manhattan. In his tailored gray pinstripe suit, he hastily makes his way to the elevator that will take him to the top floors to his place of work. It's one of the top commercial law firms.
Confident of victory, he walks without hesitation, without thinking, into the meeting room where everyone was already waiting for him to decide the difficult legal battle in his favor. Although not always fair, he is known to win, without compromise and without consideration.
First impressions count. In addition to his well-groomed good looks and smug facial expression, he stands out for the serious, powdery, dry, yet woodsy scent that dominates his proximity. The mix of warm woods and cold powderiness leaves room for interpretation. Respected by men, coveted by women; that's why Harvey Specter wears Dior Homme Intense.
Dior Homme Intense and I
Yes, we all know you Some love you, others do not.
The first time we two are met at 18 years. Until then, there was nothing better for me than the usual youth sins. Countless euros I have sunk in Diesel, Versace & Co. Until I met you.

It was love at first sniff.

You smell seductive, warm and sweet.
But most of all, you always make a statement. Everyone knows you and as soon as you are sniffed you bring back memories.

You were my signature scent to party with. You accompanied me everywhere and over the years I smelled you on more and more corners. And yet, I don't care.
Even today, I still love wearing you. But the occasions have become much more significant.
Whether to weddings or to go out in the evening with the wife. Always you complement my outfit and my appearance perfectly.
You create confidence and bring compliments.

You are a masterpiece of 3 shades for me. And will accompany me for a very very long time.
Giggs1980
A fragrance for James Bond!
"What an awesome scent," I thought to myself when I first smelled Dior Homme Intense.
I immediately fell in love with this composition.
This is the heavy fragrance of a confident businessman.
The scent of a doer. Of a man who knows what he wants. No compromises.
Dior has created something really great. A fragrance for eternity. Timelessly beautiful.
I can not smell out the individual components. I don't need to. I enjoy the result.
The fragrance is warm and cool at the same time. Warm in smell and cool in elegance.
This is not a fragrance for Ed Sheeran. This is a fragrance for Tom Hardy or Daniel Craig.
I will still try the various flankers as well. But the Intense has already set the bar quite high.
Every beginning is hard
Due to the very good rating on Parfumo, this fragrance haunted me for weeks...I don't know why but the gold shimmering bottle stuck in my head although it is actually nothing special...maybe it was exactly this unprejudiced reserved nature. After a few weeks I smelled it for the first time in a Douglas store. Somehow the first smell turned me on a bit, I can't explain why.... But I still saw this bottle in front of me...every day. This first bad impression didn't let me go... why are you like this with me... what are you hiding from me...? In the evening, I was longing for him, so I ordered him. Well what can I say, just arrived and after 10 minutes on my skin I'm in love. As he did not let me go at the beginning so he does not let me go now with his beauty. The opening I find terrible...but after 10 minutes a cloud of sweet wood...For me almost gourmandig, I don't know why, for me he smells of dark winter days, the old wood stove burns...Friends come over and you enjoy the winter evening. Outside it's snowing, you're sitting at home feeling good. Exclusive, you could be worn on special days...or could it be every day? That quiet, sweet warm coziness and yet that slightly woody shade. For me the best value for money. Didn't think a designer could be so beautiful. A blind purchase that I do not regret

DopeweaselDopeweasel 3 months ago
caramel, vanilla and iris are the top vibes for me. Its a very comforting scent. Designer but done really really well. blind buy certified
Zebra782Zebra782 3 months ago
This straight up smells like my wife's makeup box, extremely powdery, and the fact that it's long lasting doesn't help in this case.
HubertGHubertG 5 months ago
I have to admit it is a top designer fragrance, very elegant, it brought me back a strange Habit Rouge feel, in a woody version.
JMWeedJMWeed 5 months ago
Powdery lipstick scent that’s done well, but I don’t find it very masculine and I can’t take it for long periods, performance is solid.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 6 months ago
Probably the best Iris scent in the masculine world.
Overall feel: a candied apple scent.
Main notes: Iris and cedarwood.
A must-have. 5/5
Aquarius1Aquarius1 9 months ago
Bought my second bottle directly from the Dior boutique and it doesn't smell as rich as it used to. Very alcoholic opening, bad longevity.
KuraiKurai 10 months ago
Not a fan of iris. Waxy, powdery.. Like a man-purse, it's always wrong unless it's done perfectly right. And Dior did it perfectly right.
Nik604Nik604 11 months ago
Overpowdery , Overfeminine , Overhyped, Overpriced.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 year ago
The best designer fragrance! No further words needed. The new version is just as good as the old one
MrLawmanMrLawman 1 year ago
This perfume did what many ladies couldnt: make men like the smell of lip stick!

by Fraenky
by DeVitoHH
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior