Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 3 in Men's Perfume
8.7 / 10     2007 RatingsRatingsRatings
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Noir Extreme (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

8.7 (2007 Ratings)

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 27.10.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

Angelina90
Gentleman in a bottle....
If you could capture the aura of a gentleman, it would be captured in this bottle.... because this fragrance is a gentleman's fragrance for me!

Spicy sweet with a special wink! ;)
I've never done it like this before but with this scent I just have to give IQ points too...it sounds weird I know...but I can't help it....when I smell this scent on a man, I guess his IQ is already pretty high....why? I don't know, it's a mystery to me but there's something very deep about this scent. Not a partygoer scent or a scent that is very youthful....but a well-dressed, well-behaved man!
A man who is a gentleman and maybe drives a noble car...Mercedes S-class, Bentley, Audi A7...something like that :) (If you can think of other car models, just give it to me ;) )

The durability is also remarkable...6-7 hours you will notice it in any case...the sillage is good at the beginning, but in my opinion it could be better if you tick a little bit better....but this is grumbling on a high level!

Where do I see this scent in action? Definitely in autumn ! :) Chic man with a chic black or brown knee-length coat and Burberry scarf wears Dior Homme Intense :)

Greetings
Angelina Patchouli

My first
I think I was 17 when I overheard a conversation between two pretty classmates... it was - tada - about perfume.
One of them told the other about the fact that she gave her boyfriend a perfume for his birthday and that he would smell just great ever since.
As it is well known that at that age one is not always completely in control of oneself, from then on there was only one goal for me: To smell better than the male competition!
So...off home and on the PC to order the best perfume that mankind (especially the ladies) has ever smelled. A little bit of money from the last birthday and pocket money from the granny were still there!

But what should I buy?
Some kind of perfume from Boss? Sure, I've heard of it but somehow it's too "mainstream" - and I definitely didn't want that ;)
Armani? Hmm... The bottle and the color look appealing... but somehow that doesn't grab me either.

But then I see a brand that was completely unknown to me until then: Dior
Let's see what perfume comes out when I set the search filter to "men"...
Dior Homme Intense appears at the very top.
A perfume with many reviews. Especially women write how much they love the scent on their men... "this scent separates the men from the boys"... 4,5 of 5 possible stars - JACKPOT !
So put it in the shopping cart! (of course the 150ml version, so that I have something longer. And as good as it is rated, I can only like it).

After about 2 days the parcel arrived. Of course we unpacked it directly and tested it on the forearm.
"Yeah, smells really, really good" was my first thought at the time. The bottle was then placed in the bathroom, full of anticipation for the next day The fact that I could still detect the scent on me the morning after getting up should have been a subtle hint of the power of Homme Intense.

But I didn't care, so there were more than two sprays to the neck before I left the house.
When I arrived at school, I was the first one outside the classroom that day.
Man, I was so excited.. As chance would have it, one of the two girls mentioned came second.
She wasn't sitting properly beside me when she said:
"Do you smell like this? Your perfume is all over the stairs."
"Uh, yes, I am. But don't you like it?"

"Yes, it is, but it's too strong"

What would I do with it now? Did she like it or not? On the one hand it smells good but on the other hand it is too strong? Hä?

The idea that the error was apparently in the application I of course did not come up at that time =).
Disappointed, the bottle disappeared into the bathroom cabinet... i think my father was kind enough to empty it for me at the time
Many years went into the country...
... Until recently, during my lunch break, armed with a voucher, I indecisively stormed into the nearest perfumery.
There my choice fell again on Dior Homme Intense (but this time the 50ml version).
Somehow it's stuck in my memory So put on a sprayer and get back to the office
Result: 2 compliments within the first hour. Exactly the way I had always imagined it :P !!

Conclusion:
I really, really like him. Manly. Elegant Durability and sillage are also very strong for the price in my opinion. Can't complain!
In retrospect, however, I see him more as a (young) man who has passed the phase where you can shave your cheeks with a washcloth ;).

Maybe I would have been better off with Le Male then...

Best regards and stay healthy! br /> Catatafish92
Schallhoerer
Shattered dreams in the travesty show
The other day at the perfumery.

Saleswoman: "Welcome. Can I help you?"
He: "I'm looking for a scent."
Saleswoman: "Well, you've come to the right place. What did you have in mind?"
He: "The scent I smelled was a little powdery. A bit like makeup or lipstick."
Saleswoman: "Here. What do you think?"
He: "It is very clean and also fresh. But not the one I'm looking for."
Salesperson: "So we can rule out Prada L'Homme. How about this one?"
He: "It is pleasant. Slightly powdery and a bit woody. Only I'm not looking for it. What's it called?"
Saleswoman: "That was The Dreamer by Versace. I don't think I can help you, though."
He: " What a pity. I just wanted to smell like my grandma." Saleswoman: "Well, why didn't you say so in the first place. You are looking for Dior Homme Intense. Here, smell it!"
He: "That's him. Wrap it up, please."

So, men's scent, huh? Who would have thought it? Homme Intense smells to me like my grandmother falling into your powder puff. Or like shattered dreams on a travesty show. It's a typical man's scent. Yeah, well, I'm not gonna be there.
A masterpiece
Dior Homme Intense. Where to start to describe this perfume? This was my first from Dior and also the first with a strong iris-root note. It was almost impossible to associate it at first. It was like pure bombast.

After wearing it several times, however, the idea behind the perfume slowly came through. One perceives partly the scents and chords and tries to assign DHI somewhere. But the overall concept sometimes remains somewhat hidden. The combination of iris root and vetiver gives the fragrance a slightly moist woody note that is earthy and at the same time has a heavy sweetness. Ambergris adds a subliminal animal component. Cedar wood enhances the woody note and balances the sweetness. Lavender also plays a role, but I do not know which one. I still can't quite figure it out. Finally, this perfume contains pear. This serves to round off the strong iris note a bit and also to give the slightly powdery appearance a bit more fullness when applied.

All in all, Dior has achieved a masterpiece. A fragrance so sensually beguiling, darkly enticing. But also luxurious like no other fragrance. The more I wear it, the more it reminds me of truffles. Not the butter truffle from the supermarket. Real truffles. Freshly dug up. The slightly sweetish, slightly bitter aroma of the earth fruit, still a little bit coated by the fresh, slightly moist soil from which the truffle was recently taken.
And for the current price, about 100,- man can not complain here. Something of such high quality you can not get for so (relatively) little money.

It remains to be said that there will be some people who will not like the scent. It's very special. Therefore it is essential to test it in a perfumery before
MfG
The Orange78
A powdery wave.
Homme Intense, currently the number 3 top fragrance for men. After the first splash of my souk I already wrote a statement - the fragrance catches me! Seductive, enchanting. After wearing it several times in everyday life, the rose-red glasses have disappeared, we don't seem to really fit together - or were they the wrong occasions?

The first impression made me think directly of Armani Eau de Nuit - I am a big fan of. Maybe this would have been different if I had first got to know Dior Homme Intense? In fragrance development, however, Homme Intense tends to move more towards the sweetishly sweet undertone of a Valentino Uomo EdT. Eau de Nuit retains the darkness, which I really like in this combination. With Homme Intense, the iris predominates quite quickly (the scent pyramid here is unfortunately very slimmed down) and this in a concentration that definitely crushes me quickly. As soon as I apply more than 4 splashes, the scent wave overruns me and my immediate surroundings. Single notes are then hardly to be noticed, only a smelling heaviness spreads. If you give Homme Intense the opportunity to unfold, you definitely have a solid companion - but maybe more for the evening or special occasions.

I can agree with the previous speaker Cngz95: my wife was extremely taken with Homme Intense as well as Valentino Uomo directly! However, as a newcomer to the world of fragrances, Homme Intense still teaches me that I personally am perhaps not the biggest fan of powdery fragrances
A real gamechanger
Back when I applied the fragrance I was very surprised because until then I hadn't smelled anything similar...that was so good.
Powdery-sweet was completely new for me and after initial scepticism, I can say from today's perspective that the fragrance is really something special and I always find myself sniffing it Valentino Uomo comes very close and I find both of them very successful and suitable for the winter days of the year.
Flacon: angular and compact
Shelf life and silage: very good
schmidtchen schmeichler :)
i am currently testing two different fillings of dior homme intense from the souk on my two forearms: taster left, taster right, left, right, left, right, left, right, hmmm... left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right, aaah...

after a short, to me freshly appearing prelude it becomes spicy on the skin, then fast and lastingly flattering intensive-sweet-vanilla, further after that gently sweet-tartly-spicy... during an earlier test in a perfumery, where I sprayed the skin in the evening, this gentle sweetness caressed my skin in the morning just as much, largely unchanged, so durability is given.

on the left, the virginia cedar seems to me to be spiced up a bit more, but also overall the fragrance (as announced by the bottler for the 2015 version in advance) seems to me to be much stronger, even with more sillage. on the right, it is supposed to be a more recent edition (without date) - i find it more reserved, less spacey and rather less spicy introverted delicate sweet, also delicious.

if you like soft sweetness without end, you should taste this fragrance in any version. just maybe not too much of it - an endlessly powerful vanilla flag might even be over your head at some point... ;)

for now dhi stays on my list - and further on in the test!
Sniffo
No writing on the lid...
...I thought to myself, when I ordered a used bottle from DHI.
Allegedly, the Intense version of this fragrance should have been spared from the 2020 reformulation, but would rather play it safe. As I've only had sporadic contact with the Dior Homme series so far, I wasn't very prejudiced about the possible change to the Dior Homme. However, when I was recently given a taste of the new reformulation, I was quite disillusioned and visibly confused about this completely new path that Dior now seems to be taking. So don't hesitate and get your hands on a copy of the Intense version to test it at least once more before Dior decides to mess it up as well.

Of course I would have done some research on this platform in advance. You can't avoid to stumble over DHI, considering the amount of comments and ratings, which are very positive because of the bank.

So to the fragrance: DHI starts already enormously iris-heavy. That's what the whole range is known and respected for. The strong iris start gives the fragrance something very high quality and you immediately have the feeling that it is a very luxurious representative. In the further course of the fragrance a subtle sweetness is added, not obtrusive or penetrating, but very finely underlays all the fragrance components. After a few hours I notice the cedar and the leather. Everything is very warm and inviting, and yet distant and cool through the iris.
I also understand what is so often associated with make-up or lipstick. A vague memory comes up when I discovered a big blue make-up case as a child, while rummaging through my mother's things. The smell is very close to it
Shelf life and silage are quite pronounced, the first hours I perceive the scent well, later unfortunately not anymore, but even after about 6 hours it was confirmed to me that the scent is still present.

In conclusion, Dior Homme Intense is a very solid fragrance, but I can only partly understand its enormous hype. He may simply have been one of the first to establish the concept of iris in men's fragrances, and was successful with it. This can be seen in the various younger relatives a la Valentino Uomo (Intense), Givenchy Gent., etc.
They take up the basic idea and interpret it anew (and sometimes better).

I look at DHI upwards at mid-twenties, as it is not very playful and rather gives an impression of seriousness and calm. It is also nothing if you are desperately looking for a stereotypically male scent. Instead it smells clearly too metrosexual.
An appropriate occasion to wear it might be at a formal gathering, rather than a "booze cruise".

RobinM10
From the boccia game in Italy
One of the many great things about Parfumo are the many public statistics. You can search for fragrances by their scents, filter fragrances for certain occasions, sort fragrances by seasons and you can also look up fragrances by their average rating. Now Dior Homme Intense currently occupies 2nd place in the All-Time Ranking. If we look at the top 10 as a whole, the ratio of designer to niche fragrance is 6:4. In conclusion, one can say (as expected) that everything here has its marketing science correctness. The fragrances that are most often found in large perfumeries (slightly) dominate the top 10 of the best rated perfumes. These fragrances should appeal to the masses, they should be as unobtrusive as possible and universally applicable, so that the masses are happy to put their money on the counter for exactly these designer fragrances. Dior has two of these olfactory draught horses, especially in the men's segment, in its repertoire: On the one hand the shower gel vipe hype-ambroxan-killer Sauvage, which appeals especially to the younger target group, and on the other hand the Dior Homme Intense described here. This second fragrance is much more mature, rounder and by far softer than the blue Ambroxanterminator, but both fragrances still have very elementary scents, which are needed to give off an economically successful fragrance. Why and by what I can get very little out of both scents, I would like to tell you today
The course of the Dior Homme Intense is as exciting as a game of boccia at 30 degrees in an Italian village between two pensioners long friends. Certainly a lot of fun and very harmonious for both participants, but boring for an outside spectator. Personally, I find the comparison quite accurate, as I don't experience any scents in the local fragrance that burp me. Nevertheless, I prefer to wander through the diverse and varied landscapes of Italy instead of watching the described bowls game. Transferred to the fragrance, I would like to express that I have no problems smelling the perfume on other people. It's a very simply structured powderiness, which never loses its quality and is quite long-lasting. I (fortunately) cannot smell the often described lipstick, but I cannot identify myself with the Dior fragrance. This perfume will find very few people who find it repulsive and this is also reflected in the reviews on Parfumo. I can also subscribe to the reviews on durability and silage, except that it doesn't radiate very much to me. And yet a 2nd bottle of the fragrance will never find its way into my collection. I'm too adventurous, too extroverted for that, and my urge to stand out from the crowd is simply too great to wear the crowdplease king, Dior Homme Intense. Does this now mean that it is a bad scent? Not at all. Does it mean that I'm a bad perfumer? I think not. Some things in life simply don't go together and that's a good thing!
If you are looking for a (proven) great fragrance with unbelievable longevity and broad popularity, you can strike blindly here (even at the slightly increased price). Meanwhile, I wander through the wide Italian hinterland, looking for new adventures and that certain something.

Cngz95
Ladies, at least let him breathe
I'm actually reluctant as a man to say what pleases women... BUT with DHI, I just know. Besides Valentino Uomo and Versace Eros, Dior Homme Intense is a real killer.

In the evening with the date to the Italian and then spatzieten through the city park, that is what this fragrance embodies for me. It is powdery, a little sweet, spicy and this lavender is like a red thread from top note to base note
Too strong for the summer and not meant for every occasion, but he is an expert in what he can do.

One of the reasons why I stayed on the ball with my passion for perfume.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 50 days ago
Complex, powdery, sweet, elegant and long lasting. Beautiful iris for a niche quality perfume. Perfect for the cold weather.
TamashiiTamashii 80 days ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 100 days ago
This fragrance is so good that Dior had to exclude iris from all the other flankers (except the Parfum), even from the 2020 Dior Homme.
DarellDarell 176 days ago
A timeless masterpiece by François Demachy blended to perfection. And a very versatile perfume for collectors to have in their collection.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 7 months ago
Ein wahrer James bond Duft mit gewisser Frische für tolle Abende rund um die Jahreszeiten!
MilanM90MilanM90 7 months ago
4.5
Wery powdery , not good smell firts 20 minutes... but not worth that money
Misk71312Misk71312 9 months ago
Smell feminine to me more than masculine, the best statement yet made is as mentioned in the top review “Makeup bag meets a pencil case”.
Mike1337Mike1337 12 months ago
D&G the one
Code absolu
Come to mind. Nice and sweet base (iris)
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 14 months ago
Beautiful one, which can also use ladies. I would buy one, but I am afraid of the sillage. It´s very weak for such a expensive perfume.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 16 months ago
One of the best blended iris based perfumes i know. Great sillage, better longevity and one of my favourite smells.

by Fraenky
by SvenScent
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior