Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 3 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum)

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 16.01.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

Royalo
Can I still one of the best in the designer field
I owned the old version then and now I own this new version. The old I will also get me because I want to have the Dior Homme series complete. But there is hardly any difference. The scent has stayed the same in my opinion, which is really nice. If something has changed then the durability. But this is not worth mentioning with this lovely scent. There are really not many people who can not do anything with this fragrance. I am of the opinion this fragrance should not be missing in any collection. Even if you do not want to own many fragrances and do not want to spend so much for the fragrances you are very well advised with this fragrance.
DHI 2014
Iris. Sweet and sensual in scene. Very warm, pleasant fragrance, which has already earned me many compliments above average.
Very happy with the old batch. The new batch has not convinced me so.
ThatDude
The memories are coming back...
First of all, this is my first comment and I do not intend to analyze the fragrance further, because this has been done umpteen times before by connoisseurs who know it much better than I do. Therefore, this comment is rather dedicated to the significance of the fragrance for me.

I remember back in 2013, looking for a perfume that wasn't available in the supermarket, which was to make a difference. I was 17 years old and could barely walk into our village club with a mum note. Despite that, of course I wanted to make some impression...stand out from the crowd. My mother was in town and brought me 3 samples: DHI, DHC, and Terre D Hermes. After testing all 3, I knew exactly which of these scents appealed to me. Of course, I wasn't completely without premonition when I came across these 3 perfumes; I read into this forum back in 2013. DHI was going to be it. I wore this perfume for close to 4 years until the third bottle, during my travels around the world, was nearing its end. Unfortunately, this fragrance was not available in Indonesia, at least not in the shops I had visited and I took what I could (In the end it became D&G Intenso)..
3 years I have now spent without this fragrance and him strangely never again picked up in public. Just under 3 weeks ago I came to the decision to order me a new bottle. When it arrived I was excited to own this fragrance again, despite some comments that the formula had changed or that the longevity had become poor. I opened the bottle, sprayed, and was simply overwhelmed. All the memories came flooding back from my very wild times, my meetings with people from all over the world, hikes, evenings around the campfire and much more. You really can't believe how much this scent means to me and how much I realize now that this is and will be my real signature scent; it's not about some mainstream trend, but rather about me reflecting and feeling good in this perfume.
The memory thing wasn't just me either.... My best friend came over in the evening and I proudly presented him the perfume what he had possibly perceived 7 years ago. This may sound funny now, but I told him: "Close your eyes and tell me what you think when you smell this scent." After not even a second, he was overwhelmed. He said it reminded him of the old days when we sat together as a young group, everything was carefree, of me, but sadly also of his ex girlfriend (nothing I can do about that now unfortunately). Anyway, this has shown me that this fragrance really has something special, something unmistakable, something that makes me and acquaintances think.
Of course, I hope that you liked this little story and maybe it went to you even once so with a perfume; then you know exactly how I felt.
P.S.: On me, the fragrance (Oct 2020) lasts a good 8 - 10 hours and even the next day it is still slightly perceptible. In my opinion, I also do not recognize a big difference from the 3 previous bottles that I have owned. But this is my opinion :-)

Greetings and have a nice day!
Flaconesse
With nuances of chocolate covered gingerbread
Welcome, my dear perfume friends to the 15th Advent calendar door and finally I would like to report on one of my favorite men's fragrances: Dior Homme Intense.

This is the formulation of 2011.There was already a version with a slightly different fragrance pyramid in 2007. Dior tends to reformulate the produced perfumes regularly, with new fragrance pyramid put on. Why this is exactly the case with DHI, I can't tell you. In principle, 5 reasons come into question:
1. The IFRA (International Fragrance Association, an association of leading fragrance manufacturers) bans certain fragrances due to (possible) carcinogenic properties or allergenic potential.
2. Certain raw materials can no longer be procured or only at exorbitant prices.
3. Production must become more cost-effective.
4. The perfume no longer sells well.
5. The perfume is being adapted to the spirit of the times.

I have known the fragrance for a few years now. Gave my friend of it once a sample, which he used up to my great displeasure all alone on a business trip, admittedly, on his return home he smelled heavenly.

A few years the fragrance fell into oblivion with me, until I recently purchased a bulging men's fragrance bottling package. After a few test runs on me and of course on my friend, it was clear to me that I want to give him the fragrance for Christmas and before all mean and secretly unbox with you.

A bit guilty I feel already above to break the CD seal and rip open the plastic...
The little black box looks simple yet elegant. To my amazement, there is a small fly or bee on the inside. Oops, came the secretly flown over from Guerlain? The rectangular, heavy bottle feels good in the hand. I particularly like the thicker black riser tube inside and the again plain silver lettering. The lid is slightly translucent.

I spray on the fragrance and have to smile directly, what a beautiful and attractive aura! Immediately surrounds me a fine spicy-sweet iris scent with nuances of chocolate-covered gingerbread. If I didn't know better, I would have ranked this spice in the fragrance pyramid. The spice dims down a bit and the scent melts into my skin. Powdery, fine woody with an elegant lipstick iris.
On my skin, it holds its 7 to 8 hours through with good sillage.

A fragrance that fits so incredibly well in the winter, as hardly any other. The both as a noble everyday, cuddly fragrance, as well as to fancier wardrobe makes a good figure. For me it smells 100% unisex, however, I see the wearer as a Ü35. And I am sure that I will continue to steal it from my boyfriend secretly one or the other time. Because, and I can't stress it enough: the divisions into women's and men's fragrances originate from the marketing departments of the respective companies. You should not take them too seriously, only as a recommendation and trust your nose and your taste in any case.

Thanks for reading,

Your Flaconesse

The Restrained Strong
Preface:
Some time ago I bought a sample of this fragrance after the recommendation of a friend. With the promise not to regret it! & I can only agree with him :)

Scent:
2 sprayers in the room and the smell was already all over the place. Sensational, you really can't say that for every fragrance.
From the top note to the base note, the fragrance is, in my opinion, close to unchanged. The only thing I noticed is that it gains sweetness from the ambrette seeds. But not exaggerated rather, reservedly strong ;-)

Shelf life:
The shelf life is good, minds. 6 hours on the skin, plus hand washing!

Conclusion:
For all those who want to add a touch of elegance to their everyday life, this is the fragrance for you :)
Jnsjns
Of lost youth, long nights and the question of whether memories are accurate or distorted
This is my first comment.

With Dior Homme, my love for perfume began at the age of 16 (13 years ago ... fuck) as Hedi Jünger in the West of Paris.

With Dior Homme Intense, I bought my first fragrance a good year later, with which I still associate an entire period of life, unforgettable experiences and too many, too long nights and subsequent days.

Since a few weeks, after many years of DHI abstinence, I am again the owner of a bottle. Far too many years have passed, I myself am now more between zoologists, Indults and Frederick Malles and a few grey hairs have gotten lost on my head.

The love for DNA is still there. Enough has been written about the fragrance profile.

Dior Homme Intense is like a childhood memory for me today. When I think of frictions in the schoolyard that you had as a child with friends you still know today, people appear to me in my mind's eye as they look today. Vivid pictures of how friends, of whom I know what they look like at 30, looked like at 12, don't want to come to me. It's a bit like that with DHI. I know it was stronger, I think it was vanilla too. But maybe that's just because I'm into vanilla in the niche.

But maybe the scent was always like that and it was just an untrained, little spoiled, youthful nose, to which something really, really good happened, maybe the time was one with greater intensity, maybe it was 12 sprayers instead of the two that are today.

What remains is that the feeling of standing in the queue of a club at 18 with a cloud of vintage DHI will never exist again. Not the formulation, and not the years in which the special formulation of a perfume makes every special moment a little bit more beautiful.

In this sense - cherish moments, love perfume for the fact that it can help to keep them longer AND if you have a fragrance that you really love, where it is absolutely clear that it will be worn to all moments that can be special, should be - BUY YOUR BOTTLETS.

Your future-you will thank you for it.
Valuations not comprehensible
Bought on 20.11.2020, DNA a dream, the absolute madness, performance does not exist, even on a woollen scarf after one hour completely disappeared, performance also not present, only perceptible when the nose is a few centimeters away. I have tested it several times, let different people smell, unfortunately always with the same result: Perceptible for a few minutes shortly after spraying on at least 5-6 charges, then about another hour if you come close to me to a few centimeters. Because I couldn't believe it, I went back to Douglas and let the tester diesel it - according to my girlfriend even worse than from my bottle. I therefore assume that the fragrance must have undergone a severe reformulation, otherwise I can't explain the extreme discrepancy between the evaluations here and my personal experiences. We have to assume that new fragrances are only of high quality for a couple of years, after that you want to make a lot of money with your lovers, you put on a few years, so to speak, in order to win as many signature wearers as possible, who then perhaps don't notice that the quality of the fragrance has greatly deteriorated due to the olfactory blindness that comes with frequent use
Marcelowitch
I can't find the words to describe this fragrance
I don't even know how to begin.. The first time I smelled the fragrance in a perfumery, it was all about me. It was love at first sight :-).
From then on I could not forget this deliciously spicy, sweet and gentle smell.
It was days before I felt the need to see him again. so once again to the perfumery and again to the nose spice.
The second time I smelled him, he just had to come home with me
I must say that I have never before and never afterwards received as many compliments for any fragrance as I did for this one. Two of my colleagues always snuggled up to me when they smelled it.
One of them described the smell in such a way that she would imagine a sheikh from Dubai by the smell.

In any case, I can only recommend Dior Home Intense when the dark season starts.
I just love that smell.
Mon truc en plumes
Like the Man in Polyester Suit. Dry, powdery, elegant
Mon truc en plumes. For moments that are perfect.
Black and white fragrance that caresses the senses.
Feather train of a bird of paradise.

Beauty can be so beautiful. Perfection can be so exciting. Confident, strong, sensitive. Soft.

Tissu synthétique. New. Artificial.
Tissu sensuel. Seductive.
Tissu sec
Angelina90
Gentleman in a bottle....
If you could capture the aura of a gentleman, it would be captured in this bottle.... because this fragrance is a gentleman's fragrance for me!

Spicy sweet with a special wink! ;)
I've never done it like this before but with this scent I just have to give IQ points too...it sounds weird I know...but I can't help it....when I smell this scent on a man, I guess his IQ is already pretty high....why? I don't know, it's a mystery to me but there's something very deep about this scent. Not a partygoer scent or a scent that is very youthful....but a well-dressed, well-behaved man!
A man who is a gentleman and maybe drives a noble car...Mercedes S-class, Bentley, Audi A7...something like that :) (If you can think of other car models, just give it to me ;) )

The durability is also remarkable...6-7 hours you will notice it in any case...the sillage is good at the beginning, but in my opinion it could be better if you tick a little bit better....but this is grumbling on a high level!

Where do I see this scent in action? Definitely in autumn ! :) Chic man with a chic black or brown knee-length coat and Burberry scarf wears Dior Homme Intense :)

Greetings
Angelina Patchouli

EinsteinvEinsteinv 1 month ago
Powdery chocolate goodness that just lasts forever
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Complex, powdery, sweet, elegant and long lasting. Beautiful iris for a niche quality perfume. Perfect for the cold weather.
TamashiiTamashii 5 months ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
This fragrance is so good that Dior had to exclude iris from all the other flankers (except the Parfum), even from the 2020 Dior Homme.
DarellDarell 9 months ago
A timeless masterpiece by François Demachy blended to perfection. And a very versatile perfume for collectors to have in their collection.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 10 months ago
Ein wahrer James bond Duft mit gewisser Frische für tolle Abende rund um die Jahreszeiten!
MilanM90MilanM90 10 months ago
4.5
Wery powdery , not good smell firts 20 minutes... but not worth that money
Misk71312Misk71312 12 months ago
Smell feminine to me more than masculine, the best statement yet made is as mentioned in the top review “Makeup bag meets a pencil case”.
Mike1337Mike1337 1 year ago
D&G the one
Code absolu
Come to mind. Nice and sweet base (iris)
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 1 year ago
Beautiful one, which can also use ladies. I would buy one, but I am afraid of the sillage. It´s very weak for such a expensive perfume.

by Fraenky
by Sliff
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior