Dior Homme Intense 2011

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior
Top 1 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Parfum

Top Notes Top NotesFlorentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seedEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedarVirginia cedar

8.82076 Ratings

8.32072 Ratings

8.62076 Ratings

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 17.09.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

Its ok
After wearing Dior Homme intense a few times it really didn't do much for me. Longevity is overrated IMO. There afe only 6 notes in the composition so it's not exactly a complicated fragrance. Very floral though with lavender in the opening, Iris in the heart and a woody finish. Unfortunately there isn't much to say about this one except BLAH
The sweet temptation called L'Homme Intense
The search for a sweet fragrance that suited me was quite difficult at the beginning. All the comments and recommendations you can find here didn't make it easy. It should be a sweeter fragrance, especially for the last two seasons, but a little sweeter than, for example, Sauvage perfume, which already has a permanent place in my closet. It shouldn't be too floral/floral or have too fruity a sweetness. Thanks to Parfumo and the Souk, a few from the shortlist finally landed in my mailbox. And what can I say, L'Homme Intense turned out to be the revelation for me. I should mention for the sake of completeness that there was also Tom Ford Noir Extreme, Valentino Uomo Intense and Dua Brands Midnight Rendezvous in the mailbox. But of all the fragrance of YSL came to me spontaneously and even later still the closest.

It took only seconds until I was already blown away. It starts sweet, powdery, slightly floral. Immediately unfolds the lipstick note, which in the further course but thank God again withdraws and is henceforth in harmony with everything that was there and comes. In a wonderful way, discreet woody notes combine with slightly clean, musky notes, i.e. the aforementioned virgin cedar with the ambrette seeds, which are also called musk grains. No wonder I perceive and love L'Homme Intense so much, as I also dig the musky scents of Narciso Rodriguez. Blind tested, I would have even guessed Narciso there. It is indeed a simple as well as beautiful composition that I find it hard to believe that it is supposed to be just the three mentioned components in top, heart and base notes. This sweet iris or iris absolute must be made of such unusual irises, I can hardly explain it otherwise.

Durability and sillage are indeed very good, but it never slays me. on the contrary, I just can't stop sniffing my hand. And if I'm ever walking around or outside without thinking about it, I immediately notice this gorgeous scent cloud again. In the end, I'm left with a slightly floral, vanilla, powdery, even minimally smoky sweetness with a hint of musk. I do not care if others say "what are you wearing for a sweet stuff" and no matter if disparagingly spoken of mass sweet plörre.

I'm glad that I could compare L'Homme Intense with the others, because I had already squinted very much in the direction of Tom Ford. And I'm just glad that I have no allergy to mass-market designer fragrances.
Warm iris cloud
Finally! A day overcast with clouds and from today to tomorrow the temperatures have also dropped by 10 degrees. It's time again for more exciting scents! Out of the shower directly to the perfume shelf and choose how I feel today and want to feel, dress today and want to present, for what occasion I choose my perfume today.
Today it's off to the library. I have a term paper coming up. So the style of dress will be more on formal. Nerves I want with a too strong projection or a too sweet smell also no one. The decision is made: Dior Homme Intense!
I spray it on. One spray behind each ear and one on the chest. Well, one gives it still on the back of the hand.
Directly envelops me a cloud of fresh, noble, beautiful iris, which within a few minutes is enveloped by delicate woods and then radiates a pleasant powdery warmth. It makes me feel good. But not in the way that I immediately want to snuggle up on the couch with a blanket, but in the way that I want to leave the house, do something formal or just sit down in the library between old books with a shirt or a chic sweater. There DHI accompanies me until I go home. At noon I would re-spray only to float again for a short time on the beautiful fresh iris cloud.

I hope my first comment you liked! :)

Bedtime lullaby?
This perfume comes with a lot of hype so when the opportunity came for me to get my hands on a bottle I jumped on it right away. I had never put my nose on it so I patiently waited for it to arrive in the mail. I had seen people rave about this as a very sexy seductive date scent which I could not wait to spray it on myself before my next date night with my lady. It finally arrived, I opened the box sprayed it and waited 30 min and remember saying out loud "Is this it, is this the masterpiece everyone raves about?". I expected a WHOLE lot more character, maybe I'm being unfair since I had such high expectations based on others reactions. As for the scent itself is actually really nice. I get the iris lip-sticky note at the top and it's quite pleasing. Lavender follows giving it a bit of freshness and the dry-down is quite powdery. I do get and dark-ish kind of insense note which I do enjoy although it is very subtle. The scent itself is an 8 in my opinion now the performance is another story. This is very soft projecting and does not last on my skin at all. I get maybe and hour of soft projection and 5 hours of longevity. I have yet to try this in cooler weather and have only worn it in Florida summer heat which maybe is affecting the performance a bit. I wore it yesterday for lunch and drinks and spent quite a bit of time outside and it was jot cloying at all. After 3 hours it was a skin scent and although my lady enjoyed it she could hardly perceive it at all sitting right next to me. Odd enough this is a lovely and relaxing scent for bedtime wear.
FatjonHaziri
French perfume art in a bottle...
First of all, I think there is hardly a perfume that I so gladly apply, even if I do not leave the apartment. A so soft and yet strong iris fragrance, which in my eyes, despite the strong iris note, is extremely beautiful and pleasant. I can't say that the scent flaunts masculinity, yet it is very pleasant and doesn't smell like a woman's scent in my opinion. For a designer fragrance, it also smells really classy in my opinion and not cheap. I think for going out in the evening the DHP is better, the DHI I think is more suitable for closed rooms. On the whole, a wonderful designer fragrance with a great durability and silage.
Blazn67
You can do it... But you don't have to...
Absolutely solid fragrance - a good all-rounder, so I would describe it. Nevertheless, it lacks me here simply on pfiff and the special.

The sillage and fragrance development in general is super, it also keeps relatively long. However, it is as I said nothing distinctive. I find that there are clearly better alternatives in the same field.
well, here it is..
and I don't know what to think about it, somehow I like it because it has a kind of warmth and looseness in it. But I am still undecided. Bin by chance it vorbeigeloffen and thought I take with me, because I like the flacon well and I have read a lot of good about it.

The durability is exorbitant and keeps with me all day, which I miss as a Ford lover in many fragrances of him very much.

Glad to be able to wear this perfume in winter.

Divine Iris Bomb
Slightly powdery, and maybe I just don't know what iris is supposed to smell like but I feel like I get a lot of lavender here along with it? I know what lavender smells like, and this smells like lavender, but I imagine it's kinda like combining tonka + vanilla where they smell similar and amplify one another.

Anyway, a pear accord adds a bit of sweetness but is otherwise only noticed if I go looking for it. It kinda makes me think of a more floral Prada L'Homme, something that's actually reasonably safe and versatile. It didn't grab me at first, I wasn't as wowed as the hype made me expect, but the drydown... oh my. It gets sweeter and a woodiness/mossiness comes in that blends with the top notes in the absolute best way possible. This is right at the top of my list of favorite scents, and honestly I think it's more versatile than the consensus. I just imagine you'd go lighter on the sprays so it's not cloying in hot weather, else it's fairly inoffensive.

Performance is okay with 2-3hr of projection and 8-10hr longevity. As an American, I should also be thankful that it's significantly easier to purchase than both Dior Homme Original (2011) and Dior Homme Parfum... for now.
Jannik200999
It's been a long time...
This fragrance is undoubtedly one of the most famous and popular fragrances around. Yet, for whatever reason, I've given it a wide berth for years. It was probably because before I got this one under my nose, I smelled the perfume, which didn't really appeal to me. Too cluttered, too sweet, too powdery - too much. So my conclusion was that the Intense won't appeal to me either, after all they are both based on the identical basic DNA. So that's how the "Dior Homme free" years passed, until I kindly bought a perfume here in the souk that came with a sample. It was, no bad thing, a bit leaked in the package. When I opened it, I thought to myself, my god, what smells so good? Quite taken aback, I realized it was that sample. Almost sarcastically, I laughed at my stubbornness of never really giving Intense a chance after its overloaded big brother scared me off. The iris here is much softer and more refined, the sweetness dialed back a bit (don't get me wrong, it's still pretty sweet!) and bedded on woody notes. I immediately found it to be much more rounded and balanced than the perfume. Then, when I tested the sample extensively a few days later, I finally lost myself in it. It is bursting with elegance, grandeur and class. And so it came that after all these years now finally a flacon is on the way to me.

It took a long time...
If velvet had a scent
Like a soft cloak of velvet, Dior Homme Intense wraps itself around its wearer, nestling in warm, delicate features and enveloping him in a powdery, dry, warmly soft aura.

Slowly, the fragrance melts into the skin and next to the omnipresent, luxurious iris note, cedar wood now enters after some time, which, however, always remains in the background and never displaces the main actor, the iris.

In contrast to the perfume, Dior Homme Intense puts the focus more on the iris. The Intense is thus even less fresh, even more powdery and even warmer.

The perfume is unique and incomparable, a jewel from the designer industry and anything but mainstream. Who likes iris and is looking for a perfume with more depth, more wood and a little less powderiness, should take a look at the Bois d'Argent from the Dior Privee series.

Aquarius1Aquarius1 1 month ago
Bought my second bottle directly from the Dior boutique and it doesn't smell as rich as it used to. Very alcoholic opening, bad longevity.
KuraiKurai 2 months ago
Not a fan of iris. Waxy, powdery.. Like a man-purse, it's always wrong unless it's done perfectly right. And Dior did it perfectly right.
Nik604Nik604 3 months ago
Overpowdery , Overfeminine , Overhyped, Overpriced.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 4 months ago
The best designer fragrance! No further words needed. The new version is just as good as the old one
MrLawmanMrLawman 5 months ago
This perfume did what many ladies couldnt: make men like the smell of lip stick!
PedroCabralPedroCabral 5 months ago
My signature scent! The initial smell of makeup is impressive and changes all the time. It has a super performance and a beautiful bottle.
CaspikaarCaspikaar 5 months ago
Starts of very odd and medicinal. Give it some time, it develops in sweet deliciousness. Caramel smelling candlelight kinda vibe.
DTCDTC 7 months ago
Clasicazo de iris, olor a barra de labios, muy sugerente
RonniweRonniwe 7 months ago
Fragancia realmente buena. Me encanta sobre todo para otoño. Un olor a Iris de maquillaje labial, realmente muy buena.
EinsteinvEinsteinv 9 months ago
Powdery chocolate goodness that just lasts forever

by Fraenky
by DeVitoHH
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior