Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Version from 2011
Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior

Top 2 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Intense (2011) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2011. The scent is powdery-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesTuscan orris absolute
Heart Notes Heart NotesEcuadorian ambrette seed
Base Notes Base NotesVirginia cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.07.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actor Jude Law.

schmidtchen schmeichler :)
i am currently testing two different fillings of dior homme intense from the souk on my two forearms: taster left, taster right, left, right, left, right, left, right, hmmm... left, right, left, right, left, right, left, right, aaah...

after a short, to me freshly appearing prelude it becomes spicy on the skin, then fast and lastingly flattering intensive-sweet-vanilla, further after that gently sweet-tartly-spicy... during an earlier test in a perfumery, where I sprayed the skin in the evening, this gentle sweetness caressed my skin in the morning just as much, largely unchanged, so durability is given.

on the left, the virginia cedar seems to me to be spiced up a bit more, but also overall the fragrance (as announced by the bottler for the 2015 version in advance) seems to me to be much stronger, even with more sillage. on the right, it is supposed to be a more recent edition (without date) - i find it more reserved, less spacey and rather less spicy introverted delicate sweet, also delicious.

if you like soft sweetness without end, you should taste this fragrance in any version. just maybe not too much of it - an endlessly powerful vanilla flag might even be over your head at some point... ;)

for now dhi stays on my list - and further on in the test!
Sniffo
No writing on the lid...
...I thought to myself, when I ordered a used bottle from DHI.
Allegedly, the Intense version of this fragrance should have been spared from the 2020 reformulation, but would rather play it safe. As I've only had sporadic contact with the Dior Homme series so far, I wasn't very prejudiced about the possible change to the Dior Homme. However, when I was recently given a taste of the new reformulation, I was quite disillusioned and visibly confused about this completely new path that Dior now seems to be taking. So don't hesitate and get your hands on a copy of the Intense version to test it at least once more before Dior decides to mess it up as well.

Of course I would have done some research on this platform in advance. You can't avoid to stumble over DHI, considering the amount of comments and ratings, which are very positive because of the bank.

So to the fragrance: DHI starts already enormously iris-heavy. That's what the whole range is known and respected for. The strong iris start gives the fragrance something very high quality and you immediately have the feeling that it is a very luxurious representative. In the further course of the fragrance a subtle sweetness is added, not obtrusive or penetrating, but very finely underlays all the fragrance components. After a few hours I notice the cedar and the leather. Everything is very warm and inviting, and yet distant and cool through the iris.
I also understand what is so often associated with make-up or lipstick. A vague memory comes up when I discovered a big blue make-up case as a child, while rummaging through my mother's things. The smell is very close to it
Shelf life and silage are quite pronounced, the first hours I perceive the scent well, later unfortunately not anymore, but even after about 6 hours it was confirmed to me that the scent is still present.

In conclusion, Dior Homme Intense is a very solid fragrance, but I can only partly understand its enormous hype. He may simply have been one of the first to establish the concept of iris in men's fragrances, and was successful with it. This can be seen in the various younger relatives a la Valentino Uomo (Intense), Givenchy Gent., etc.
They take up the basic idea and interpret it anew (and sometimes better).

I look at DHI upwards at mid-twenties, as it is not very playful and rather gives an impression of seriousness and calm. It is also nothing if you are desperately looking for a stereotypically male scent. Instead it smells clearly too metrosexual.
An appropriate occasion to wear it might be at a formal gathering, rather than a "booze cruise".

RobinM10
From the boccia game in Italy
One of the many great things about Parfumo are the many public statistics. You can search for fragrances by their scents, filter fragrances for certain occasions, sort fragrances by seasons and you can also look up fragrances by their average rating. Now Dior Homme Intense currently occupies 2nd place in the All-Time Ranking. If we look at the top 10 as a whole, the ratio of designer to niche fragrance is 6:4. In conclusion, one can say (as expected) that everything here has its marketing science correctness. The fragrances that are most often found in large perfumeries (slightly) dominate the top 10 of the best rated perfumes. These fragrances should appeal to the masses, they should be as unobtrusive as possible and universally applicable, so that the masses are happy to put their money on the counter for exactly these designer fragrances. Dior has two of these olfactory draught horses, especially in the men's segment, in its repertoire: On the one hand the shower gel vipe hype-ambroxan-killer Sauvage, which appeals especially to the younger target group, and on the other hand the Dior Homme Intense described here. This second fragrance is much more mature, rounder and by far softer than the blue Ambroxanterminator, but both fragrances still have very elementary scents, which are needed to give off an economically successful fragrance. Why and by what I can get very little out of both scents, I would like to tell you today
The course of the Dior Homme Intense is as exciting as a game of boccia at 30 degrees in an Italian village between two pensioners long friends. Certainly a lot of fun and very harmonious for both participants, but boring for an outside spectator. Personally, I find the comparison quite accurate, as I don't experience any scents in the local fragrance that burp me. Nevertheless, I prefer to wander through the diverse and varied landscapes of Italy instead of watching the described bowls game. Transferred to the fragrance, I would like to express that I have no problems smelling the perfume on other people. It's a very simply structured powderiness, which never loses its quality and is quite long-lasting. I (fortunately) cannot smell the often described lipstick, but I cannot identify myself with the Dior fragrance. This perfume will find very few people who find it repulsive and this is also reflected in the reviews on Parfumo. I can also subscribe to the reviews on durability and silage, except that it doesn't radiate very much to me. And yet a 2nd bottle of the fragrance will never find its way into my collection. I'm too adventurous, too extroverted for that, and my urge to stand out from the crowd is simply too great to wear the crowdplease king, Dior Homme Intense. Does this now mean that it is a bad scent? Not at all. Does it mean that I'm a bad perfumer? I think not. Some things in life simply don't go together and that's a good thing!
If you are looking for a (proven) great fragrance with unbelievable longevity and broad popularity, you can strike blindly here (even at the slightly increased price). Meanwhile, I wander through the wide Italian hinterland, looking for new adventures and that certain something.

Cngz95
Ladies, at least let him breathe
I'm actually reluctant as a man to say what pleases women... BUT with DHI, I just know. Besides Valentino Uomo and Versace Eros, Dior Homme Intense is a real killer.

In the evening with the date to the Italian and then spatzieten through the city park, that is what this fragrance embodies for me. It is powdery, a little sweet, spicy and this lavender is like a red thread from top note to base note
Too strong for the summer and not meant for every occasion, but he is an expert in what he can do.

One of the reasons why I stayed on the ball with my passion for perfume.
Noble, powdery, heavy
A very powdery and noble fragrance. In the beginning I was totally deterred because it was too powdery for me, but in the drydown it gets better - the sweetness comes out and envelops you with a very pleasant scent.
Yet not an everyday scent, as it is simply too heavy to begin with. For me rather a fragrance for very special occasions (suit)

SpicyDice
The right fragrance for the evening James Bond moment!
The Dior Homme Intense comes in a really massive bottle that makes a good impression. The atomizer is made of metal and very solid! The fragrance is a little too intense for everyday use, but it's perfect for going to events or a date in the evening with a chic outfit
Powdery to perfection
Since I am in a writing mood today, I will write a comment on this fragrance.

As you can already see from my review, this is a 10 fragrance. Those that really evoke emotions in you when you just smell the spray head. Especially with such fragrances, which you like so much, I find a comment all the more difficult.

I'll try it anyway...

This fragrance is for me the epitome of perfection. With this fragrance my love for perfume began. I can still remember exactly how I had 2 manufacturer's samples of the normal Dior Homme as well as this one here in my hand and wanted to buy one of them. That was about 7.8 years ago. The decision was difficult for me, because I liked both of them very much and I had never before perceived this fragrance in such a way as in contrast to 1 Million, Boss Bottled etc. What you wore as a teenager in your free time :-)

In the end I decided to go for the DHI, because I was convinced by the sweet powdery texture.
For me, the DNA of the Dior Homme range is the best the perfume world has to offer. I know so far all the fragrances in the range and can call 4 my own. Nevertheless, the Intense is unrivalled for me.

The fragrance starts directly with the dominant powdery iris, which immediately gives you the feeling of having fallen into a make-up box. Many people might be put off by this, but it's exactly this smell that casts a spell over me. Cocoa and vanilla join in, wrapping this iris until the end, with cocoa being present for me all the time. The shelf life and sillage are really perfect, the shelf life for me is around 8 hours. With this perfume I always feel perfectly dressed.

If I had to live with one scent for the rest of my life, it would be this one!
Oh yes, and as far as the point of reformulation is concerned:
I was at the Douglas the other day and after years I smelled a "new" bottle, with the current formulation. Unfortunately, I can't get much out of it, as it lacks that depth of sweetness and has nothing special left. So I'm very happy that I bought enough supplies with hamster purchases with the old formulation :-)

If you have read so far, thank you for your attention!
C'est la vie
I am sad because I had a match with wrong pictures, at least in my head.
Thanks to the nice user DanielB, who sent me a sample. I've smelled Dior Homme Intense in perfumeries before and was never quite sure what to think of it, so before I get a possible bad buy because of all the good reviews, it should at least be a bottling first.

Granted, I'm a little dazzled by the reviews here and the hype, I've watched so many videos about the fragrance that I can recite the scores by heart. But that doesn't help at all, because in the end an impression always remains subjective. I thought about what the scent reminds me of for a long time, then read reviews and saw "Lipstick". This is it! Lipstick! Ahhhh... Don't get me wrong, I don't think the scent is bad at all, just not as good as many of the reviews here. It doesn't suit my character, I don't see myself in any role that can give this scent the necessary cover, the necessary character. I feel as if the fragrance is lying on top of me, but not embodying me. It's like going mad. But I don't see it so badly either, as if I were looking at the embodiment of an old lady with a face covered in make-up from the 70s. He just doesn't touch me
The bottle is pretty and also the durability and sillage is brutal. Here I can tell you a short anecdote. I sprayed the fragrance in the morning, sparse but enough. In my hourly growing scent blindness I thought it would be a good idea to spray 2 more before dinner. Bad idea, very bad idea. With a stare without words I was eyed after I sat down at the dining table. After a short uncomfortable silence I realized that my scent was rolling over my fellow men and was about to roll over them without mercy. My Bad.

However, it seems that the fragrance satisfies a large mass of noses and that is what counts. Unfortunately I can't go with the flow, I have to go in the opposite direction. I would love to love him, but I can't. Pity.
Symphony in Dior minor
My first comment is about a fragrance that I had to drown out due to the hype of various Youtube influencers right here on Parfumo, as it was praised by some as the epitome of the perfumers' art! And... after the first spraying, I didn't like it that much. But it had something, so I had to take the sample out and spray it on my arm and smell it. And then I realized what this smell reminds me of:
As a little boy my parents sent me to music school to learn to play the piano. Although I attended the lessons rather reluctantly, the music school has remained in my memory forever. An old alderman's villa with splendid stucco decorations and chandeliers on the ceilings, massive wooden double doors through which the sound of classical music still softly penetrated while I waited for my lesson in the entrance hall. The creaking of the old parquet floor, which exuded a peculiar woody-chocolate scent. Add to that the smell of floor polish and together with the classical background music it became an unforgettable composition for me.
And this is exactly how Dior Homme Intense feels to me. A very elegant fragrance that begins with this unmistakable waxy lipstick accord. The fragrance then becomes softer and sweeter and the woody and chocolaty notes come to the fore and harmonize beautifully with the lipstick.
For me personally not an everyday wearable fragrance, but something for special occasions. Shirt and jacket and classical music would be a worthy setting for Dior Homme Intense. If only I had paid more attention during the piano lessons ;)
Premature...
Now is the time. After the 2020 debacle of "Dior Homme", Dior has now also tackled the "Dior Homme Intense". New packaging, new bottle, new fragrance? Here it is still listed under "Dior Homme Intense 2011". For me absolutely out of the question. But now to the review.

Appearances are relatively unimportant to me when it comes to fragrances, if the content is right. The 2020 DHI has a slightly different lid, slightly different dimensions and a not so thick "glass wall". The spray head is still functional like a fire hose, absolute top class. More it does not need for me! br />
In terms of colour, however, the whole thing has now become lighter in comparison to the previous version, which was reformulated in 2011, but is still a brilliant version that most fans of the fragrance should call their own. A bad omen? Let's have a look. Smell the spray head and you will notice few changes at first.
Like I said, it's the juice that counts. And here we have probably one of the most double-edged swords of the year 2020, which will probably be a topic until the end of the year (and beyond), especially for enthusiasts, but even more for advocates of the "real" DHI.

DHI 2020 is, despite apparently identical formula code (What the hell? How can this be? Can someone explain this in the comments? Serious question!) a scent that is clearly related to the 2011 version and definitely not as unique as the 2020 DH (which Dior kindly distributes in its predecessor as "DH Original", THANK YOU!) compared to its predecessor formula, BUT it still smells different enough and here it definitely depends on the taste of the wearer!

Up to now there were about two camps:
- The lovers or advocates of the powdery, sweet and actually completely unisex scent, as well as
- the fellow men who definitely did not classify the whole thing as masculine and just smelling like old granny make-up bag.

I suspect that Dior is now trying to win over the second camp - but to my knowledge so far (as of 12.03.2020), the first camp will not be supplied with a "Dior Homme Intense Original" this time, as was the case with the above-mentioned "Dior Homme". Can still change, one does not know. But I don't think so, because this is rather the new little brother of the so far known formulation, instead of the stepson.

What does DHI 2020 smell like now, seen in a completely neutral way? It smells fresher and woodier, especially at the beginning, the iris has been reduced but is still present, and one thing is missing: the depth. The fragrance no longer smells so complexly composed (even though it actually wasn't, because the scents weren't that numerous - and that was the art it created). Everything somehow seems more superficial, and more pleasing. You can compare this DHI 2020 with a premature birth: This thing could not mature for long. But because it is so small, most people probably like it more than the "old sister" DHI 2011.

The biggest advantage of the new version: it smells more masculine - and is also much more versatile and portable. You can now wear the fragrance more comfortably than before, even in slightly warmer temperatures. And it probably also brings in more compliments because it smells more modern and a little more mainstream. There's no stinging synthetic here either (despite the somehow synthetic wood note that can still be detected), and it still smells really good in terms of quality - but not good enough for connoisseurs. In my opinion, the drydown of the previous formula smells much more similar than the fresh top note, which has significantly reduced the lipstick and make-up bag vibe.
In the end, the fear became true when looking at the bottle and its contents: Just as the colour now appears lighter, so does the fragrance smell.
I would describe the resemblance to the previous variant as about 70%. Also test smells in the shop confirm this. So the probability of a "faulty" production can probably be excluded.

Strangely enough, many others find the similarity to the 2011 version to be much greater - and therefore the retained formula code is justified. I must honestly say that I simply cannot understand this. My nose is not broken. My bottle is original. The previous version is less pleasing to me, it is "warmer" and simply smells "richer" - and I like it better because of that. But I might be able to wear the 2020 run in warmer temperatures sooner than before. Wait and see As far as the sillage and shelf life is concerned, I can see little difference - the 2011 juice might last a little longer and better, but it smells "richer" as described above. So maybe the whole thing is deceptive. Sillage and shelf life are still above average.
My spare bottles of the old variant I have nevertheless already in the shelf - four at the number.

* My rating still applies to the 2011 version. I hope that the new formula on parfumo will have its own page so that you can rate it separately, but it doesn't seem so - I'm heavily outnumbered. Let's see how this premature baby matures...

Conclusion: Recommendable? Yes, at least for a couple of tests. Equivalent to the 2011 version? Qualitatively maybe slightly weaker, but still top. The rest is a matter of taste. More masculine? YES! Worth its money? If you're open-minded and unbiased, yes. More portable and versatile? Absolutely. Do I personally prefer the new version? No.

I hope the lineup helped you

ThanosKonThanosKon 3 days ago
Velvet with nails on it.
As I already stated for the edt version, something piercing ruins the velvety iris-lipstic accord.
DarellDarell 62 days ago
A timeless masterpiece by François Demachy blended to perfection. And a very versatile perfume for collectors to have in their collection.
SpicyDiceSpicyDice 93 days ago
Ein wahrer James bond Duft mit gewisser Frische für tolle Abende rund um die Jahreszeiten!
MilanM90MilanM90 100 days ago
4.5
Wery powdery , not good smell firts 20 minutes... but not worth that money
Misk71312Misk71312 162 days ago
Smell feminine to me more than masculine, the best statement yet made is as mentioned in the top review “Makeup bag meets a pencil case”.
Mike1337Mike1337 8 months ago
D&G the one
Code absolu
Come to mind. Nice and sweet base (iris)
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 10 months ago
Beautiful one, which can also use ladies. I would buy one, but I am afraid of the sillage. It´s very weak for such a expensive perfume.
EmorandeiraEmorandeira 12 months ago
One of the best blended iris based perfumes i know. Great sillage, better longevity and one of my favourite smells.
JoaoMartinsJoaoMartins 18 months ago
It's good but not as good as the parfum.
AmberScentAmberScent 19 months ago
With the lavender opening, there is also a strong lipstick aroma, too strong for me to accept this perfume to be a masculine one. Unisex ??

by Fraenky
by SvenScent
by WitDeBois
by WitDeBois

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior