Dior Homme Parfum (2014)

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior

Top 16 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Tuscan iris, Ceylonese sandalwood, Leather

Submitted by Jaguqopi, last update on 27.07.2020.

A future classic...
The best (and most masculine, I might add) from DH line...a stunning dark leathery feeling, combined with ambrette, iris, smooth oud and warm sandalwood. Different enough from DH and DHI to worth owning, like a deeper/fuller version of both. Great longevity/sillage and an elegant appearance for a self confident man. My own rating 9.5/10, strongly recommended.
BETWEEN DRAMA AND PERFECTION
Dior Homme Parfum (DHP) is the further development of Dior Homme Intense (DHI).

They are both quite similar, but I would say that DHP is slightly darker, more refined, masculine and elegant, due to the leather note that pulls the strings in the background, giving the perfume even more depth.

A powdery iris with its characteristic lipstick-like scent, accompanied by ambrette, rose and wood, rests over the leather note already mentioned. A hint of subtle oud is easily detectable in the shade.

The shelf life and silage are very good and are without problems at 8-10 hours.

In my opinion one of the best designer fragrances and therefore 100% recommended to buy.
Egalite
At the upper limit of (female) masculinity...
The quintessence of Dior Homme.
Sexy!
Not for every man.
Erotic!

Iris. Sandalwood, leather and orange United in powerful perfection.

Kiss me!

Opulent.

Touch me!

Less is more.

Look at me!

The best of the best.

From head to toe!

Putting everything in the shade.

Stroking along the arm!

Tying up.

Wrapping!

Dior Homme Parfum: the GOAT
Dior Homme Parfum is arguably the best perfume I have had the utmost pleasure of trying. It is indeed a more masculine approach to the iris based fragrances and I can understand why so many reviewers say it is 'niche quality'. I love almost all iris based men fragrances, but Dior Homme Parfum is by far the most complex and luxurious one. Based on feedback from the females in my life, I do not think it will do well in romantic or intimate settings though. I believe it is made to be worn on special occasions when you wish to exude confidence and make a statement. If you want to wear it casually, I think it will best complement a dark leather jacket outfit with Chelsea or combat boots.

Currently this is the most enjoyable scent I have in my collection and it has been so for some time.

Regarding reformulation - the formula on the bottom is the same as the original, but I confirm that my bottle is definitely weaker than the testers I have tried in stores. I remember one time I sprayed this on my jacket sleeve 3 times and the scent stayed there strongly for the whole winter and spring! With the current bottle the same experiment left me with just a day or two scent that then faded away. it still does perform very well and on skin I get around 2-3 hours nice projection and up to 8-9 hours longevity. Some say that the Dior 'Homme' line perfumes get stronger and better smelling with time and oxidation which at this point I cannot deny or confirm.

The review is based on batch code 8J05 (meaning production date 09/2018).

Not for me
How did they ruin it? Valuable is the homme, enchanting the intense, with this they have messed up. They added what they didn't have to add and they took away what they didn't have to take away. take roads, alas different. The opening is very sparkling, you can barely smell the warm "lipstick", a predominant characteristic of the older brothers. After that, no pear, no cocoa, no warm, enveloping aura, but so much, roppo iris, dusty iris, annoying. expects an even hotter flakers, and instead is just an annoying scent, worse, absolutely an involution with respect to the homme and the intense, which are among the most innovative and valid scents left on the market.

Rating: 4

Gatsby
A masterpiece in all the way
I see some fights on forums about batches, regarding old (discontinued) 75 ml edition. 2018 batch and 2019 (mate box, not glossy - i didn t test the ones form glossy black boxes) are absolutely the SAME. I think some repetitive comments with pathetic "40 minutes longevity" impressions does not interest anyone. As long as 99% here are telling the truth - a pure perfume is a pure perfume and the lingevitiy and sillage are still stunning, any other comments provides something that is not too clear... But who cares. This amazing fragrance is already discontinued as Dior responded to our emails so, there was no reformulation, at least not a major one, they knew they will stop the production since last winter. I used today my 2019 edition (in mate, soft box) and all I can tell you is that I had a +8 hours longevity, almost 12 as a skin, yet with a good perception, in the evening. it s still the same scent ( I repeat I dind t tested the ultimate glossy-shinny box, never seen it) but for the mate classic box, the performances, the composition and colour of the juice are the same with previous editions.
So sad it has been discontinued in the 75 ml formulation, luckily I still have some small reserves. Considering ALL the Dior s reformulation, I have not very good feelings about the new 2020 100 ml bottle but...let s see.
Probably one of the most beautiful pure perfum made in the last decade.
The king of designers
A very successful fragrance from Dior, where I think the focus is fully on rose, cocoa and leather. Iris is also present but does not play the main role The scent lasts extremely long and also projects strongly.
FragranceBoy
The man that everybody wants to be
When I first got to know the fragrance, I thought it was okay, but nothing more. I liked him more and more as time went on. Today I can say that he is one of my absolute favourites. I put it on and the women notice me much more, violently!
Dior Homme Parfum is like a magic pill: the fragrance makes me more energetic, courageous, self-confident and above all charismatic. This makes flirting much easier for me and the women feel it naturally!
What does it smell like or what does it smell like? The fragrance smells of a man who is between 25 years old or older, it smells of a man who knows what he wants, the fragrance smells of a man who knows who he is. DHP also smells attractive, intense, seductive and elegant at the same time. That's how a man must smell! Is this fragrance suitable for newcomers? No!
How many squirts do you need? Between 2 and 4
Suitable situations to carry DHP ?
-Date
-At temperatures below freezing point (from -1)
-Formal Event (Black Tie)

Attention, this fragrance is not suitable for school or work, so do not be selfish and do your fellow men a favor!
4.5
Farrwel
One powder puff and back
An intense fragrance, I must say. Undoubtedly the most durable one I've had the pleasure of testing so far. Even the Sillage is madness. BUT: The smell is so extremely sweet that it is almost unpleasant. My better half said to me in disgust that I smelled like an old woman. Unfortunately, I have to agree with her. The extreme powderiness doesn't really suit me at all. But I can understand why this perfume is liked by many. For clubbers in their mid-twenties, it will certainly be a great fit and guarantee some attention. My wife and I are probably simply too old for the smell. But it's not bad, there are so many great alternatives. ;-)

Carlitos01
Oui for Dior... but Parfum or Intense?
[short review]
The Dior Homme line is sometimes hated and often loved. Perhaps it is the most consensual male perfume of the elite trio Chanel-Dior-YSL. Of course I am not referring any of perfume versions that have been launched in 2020.
This Dior stars - as well its Valentino satellites and its Zara and Armaf's asteroids - have in common a noticeable Iris note. Then the different perfumes may offer you a little more or a little less of vanilla, ambrette, cedar and cedar, or even leather and cocoa. Performance and quality are proportional to the above average price.
Usually the most serious perfume aficionados prefer Homme Parfum or Homme Intense within the Dior offer.
Dior Homme Parfum and Valentino Uomo EdT are the farthest fragrances away from this strong backbone of Iris. The Dior Parfum version has a musky footprint due to the Ambrette note and, of all the perfumes mentioned so far, it is the only one that has a faint Oud note added to Sandalwwod.
I am not a strong fan of Iris so I may have some distance and fairness to compare these fragrances. On the other hand, I love Oud but I was never completely convinced that there is real harmony in a blending of Oud and Iris.
I do like Dior Homme Parfum but I confess that its spraying choice for me is punctual. I do it only when I find myself looking for a darker mood or when the weather is very cold. Most of the time I prefer the most wearable Intense version ... and I never let anybody take away from me my beloved and sweeter Valentino Uomo EdT for brighter and warmer days. But if it's really cold, the Dior Homme Parfum thicker scent becomes irresistible, besides giving us the best performance with an enviable longevity, sillage and projection.
Dior Homme ParfumIt is mostly a linear fragrance and, right from the start, shows you an earthy and powdery Iris. You perceive a growing velvety manly leather that It will become dominant for a couple of hours and will faint during the drydown. A soft oriental but dark sandalwood, as well a musky background, are easily detectable. Together they will take over for the drydown.
It's a sunset and sunrise type of fragrance.

Music: Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of The Moon"

Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 10 days ago
A masterpiece. Probably the best leather fragrance out there on the market. More in line with Louis Vuitton than today's Dior.
LolusLolus 117 days ago
Probably the best no-niche fragance in the market .(Now is discontinued)
SergioTSergioT 7 months ago
Better than 90% of niche scents. Iris, leather and woods. Flawless creation.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 7 months ago
When it's really cold, the Dior Homme Parfum thicker scent becomes irresistible, besides giving me all the performance I seem to need.
DvoraskDvorask 7 months ago
Starts out lipsticky, then slowly gets sour from the woods and leathery with a peek of roses. DHI is boring lipstick, this is interesting.
Rens1996Rens1996 10 months ago
Yes it is in stock again. Yes not discontinued
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 11 months ago
Beautiful one. Spicy, just beautiful. Sillage is better than its sister IntenseIntense has.
DarkbeatDarkbeat 12 months ago
Sublime, elegance in its purest state, Iris and leather in harmony in a dense mixture of velvety softness, a masterpiece.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 21 months ago
A unique scent of old lipsticks and leather, a deep and classy fragrance in a minimal but elegant bottle . Wonderful sillage.High price
DavidBrazDavidBraz 23 months ago
A very bold scent. For a guy that doesn´t fear the reactions of people around. Elegant, powdery and strong. Night and cold weather.

by sebjar
by Estbienla
by Kruemel952
by Kruemel952

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Les Elixirs Precieux - Ambre by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior