Dior Homme Parfum 2014

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior
Top 10 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Florentine iris, Ceylonese sandalwood, Leather

Submitted by Jaguqopi, last update on 08.04.2021.

Genius vs. Granny
Torn whether I find him brilliant as a perfume or he reminds me too much of the smell of grandma's makeup, lipstick and powder.
That note (iris!?) resonates with me, many appreciate it... I can also see the tremendous value and fantastic assemblage of raw materials.
Orange, leather, resins/oud and sandalwood great interwoven.
But I can not get rid of this association... and so I probably do not want to smell even in the approach, unfortunately :-D but definitely try.
Memories shape just very our fragrance preferences and our fragrance sensation.
Wordless beauty
First, I perceive a very intense and strong creamy sweet floral note, which is accompanied in the background by subtle bright rooty earthy appearing tones and is due to the 'iris'; Florentine iris.

A tiny bit later, the iris is only minimally dimmed and thus still very perceptible, revealing a slightly powdery yet dominant wordless beauty, redolent of smooth yet at the same time matte-buttery, noble shoegazey 'black leather'.
In the last 4 hours, Dior Homme Parfum is brought to completion with a densely cuddly creamy 'sandalwood' ~ tone, accompanied by clear and delicately resinous smoky light woody sprinkles.

In total, the fragrance lasts 9.5 hours on my skin.

The sillage is designed to last 1.5 hours at 1.5 meters and 3 hours at a very noticeable full arm's length before minimizing in quiet increments until the fragrance fades.

"Honk1510, thanks for the bottling!"

the one and only
this is completely a niche wualiry frag even better than many of them like montales synthetics.
I own all 4 variations of Dior Homme Intense and this is more complex richer than them except the 2007 version the more masculine as well.
its sweeter more iris with delicate hint of rose which smoothen and soften it while oud enrich it by gives a more luxurious and niche quality to it.
its not a linear scent at all and every time I wear it on aspect of it appears on me.
performance wise I should say the first timenI test it in the shop on my sleeve it filled the room for one week each time I entered the room it punches through my nostrills and last for months.
it's not lie that Dior is one of the best fashion houses particularly in perfume industry although Francoi Demachy has a significant role in the success of the Homme Line.

Beast!
First.
Let me just say, I am gonna be referring to 75ml version of this fragrance.

It opens with that Iris lipsticky vibe, but no, that's not the classic Iris you know. That's some dark, sensual and dense Iris! You almost feel like it's there giving you no sense of freshness, just embracing you in that smooth, nice, cozy leather and creamy sandalwood. But not cloying at all!

Dry-down is, hands down, my favorite thing about it! It's sort of woody, ambrette, vanilish lullaby for your nose. One of my favorite designer scents of all time! I can't get enough of it.

Longevity is easy 10 hours on my skin with room filling sillage. Beast!
Dior Homme on steroids
Dior Homme's fragrance DNA has been one of my absolute favorites for a bit longer.
The powdery iris was then an absolute novelty in men's fragrances - at least as far as the masses are concerned. To this day, this is, as I think, implemented by no one better than by Dior.

Accordingly, the desire was also to get the perfume flanker of the series times in the fingers. And yes, the unmistakable iris note is still the main player. Compared to DH and DHI, though, this one is noticeably "darker", a bit more masculine - both of which I attribute mostly to the leather it contains. Rose and oud is also frequently perceived, I personally don't notice any of it. Great changes I then no longer recognize - the fragrance remains quite linear.
The DNA is inherently very noble and has always been very well suited for evening occasions - DHP sets in this regard again on top. The durability and sillage is enormous and is in no way inferior to other heavyweights like an "Interlude man". A single spray in the morning is perceptible for ages. If you want to wear it to work, please Swabian frugality!

Even though I'm not really a fan of strictly dividing fragrances into wearable seasons, DHP is an exception here. The powdery sweetness and outrageous performance really only makes it work in winter in cold temperatures. In heat exposure, I would not even like to imagine this atomic cloud.

I own the 100ml version, by the way, there are discussions that this should be watered down and worse shelf life - um no. Since please do not worry. I never had a 75ml flacon, but who that current is not enough, I can not help more (My opinion!).

The bottle is DH-usually beautifully worked in the rectangular glass and known simple and noble.

Who likes Dior Homme, will very likely find here another purchase candidate, but still different enough from the others.

One of the best.point.

Dior Homme Extreme
I was lucky enough to get ahold of a 100ml bottle of the coveted DHP. I heard it’s pretty much the same 2014’s version and even if it wasn’t the 2020 was hard and expensive enough to get.

I wore DHP for NYE for the first time so this is basically my first impression. Dior Homme Parfum opens very similar to Dior Homme Intense, a little darker and a bit deeper, I didn’t notice a big difference until it started drying down. The iris starts up strong however it fades into the background a couple of hours into it, still present but leather and amber take over and separates this from the others in this line.
I heard a couple of times that DHP wasn’t too versatile, that there where few occasions where it could be worn which I disagree, perhaps this was changed from the 2014 version to the 2020 but I find it as versatile as DHI also, I get something like a roasted coffee note which is just lovely.

I can’t discuss performance as I’m yet to test it properly myself but I went to bed at the 6th hour and it was still going on with a good projection so one could hope for a good performance.

I thought this was overhyped but once I sprayed I understood
An absolute revelation
I was lucky and could secure me a new bottle from 2014.
The comparison with the version that you can acquire today to days I have unfortunately not. So now to the fragrance. Absolutely fantastic, wonderful, long lasting and projecting like no second. The iris note is still the main actor of this fragrance. Everything is a bit darker and more intense than the Dior Homme Intense. For some this is already too much of a good thing but for me this fragrance is the icing on the cake of my Dior collection

Dior homme parfum 2020
There is a new dior homme parfum 2020 im the dior homme intense 2020 bottle. And its no where to find on fragrantica either parfumo. And the sites that sell this version of the parfum version, all don't list the oud note. So I wonderd. Of sum one has smeld it.
Here is the site: https://www.debijenkorf.nl/-dior-homme-parfum-2067090078-206709007800000?utm_campaign=BIJ-NL-COSM-SHOP-NB&utm_content=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAiAwrf-BRA9EiwAUWwKXqCm6tU-tHOXpkgykBOMD3CPGRGirByvoZpSMs3wHUMMkuqjC6HYYxoCaOsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
The boss's wife
Rarely has a title been more appropriate for a fragrance as it is here. A brief explanation: I also own the Dior Homme Intense, of course. For me, a dark, slightly powdery note of iris stands out. I can only smell the lipstick slightly here, but I'd classify the fragrance as unisex with masculine nuances. When I didn't know the perfume variant yet, I thought: "Come on, this is the boss fragrance par excellence! Incredibly authoritarian, dark, elegantly dressed, beyond any doubt! Durability eight meters against the wind, my colleagues can still perceive my scent cloud even 10 minutes after me in the corridor! And that is exactly how the Dior Homme Intense still smells to me.
Why am I telling you this? Well, half a year later, I sprayed Dior Homme perfume in a perfumery. "Boa smells horny, he is even darker, more authoritarian, more elegant than the DHI!"
And then the analogy fell from my eyes like scales: darker, even more authoritarian than the boss himself? That must be the boss's wife, she really wears the pants!
Perfume is truly above all when it comes to power and authority. I smell a very dark iris, this time without any lipstick at all, paired with a subtle leather wrap, a slight orange note at the beginning and a dark woody note that comes along with it. For me a fragrance that every man must have smelled 18 times, an absolute bang.
Durability really incredibly long, Sillage very strong. You definitely get noticed. It's a shame that even with this one, I get fragrance-blind very quickly.
There are few prints in the B-note: unfortunately, I find very few possibilities to wear the fragrance. In principle, I would never wear it above 15°C, if only with a sprayer. For me, it's more suitable in winter, but in the office it's only sensible to wear it with care because of its power.

In conclusion, if you think you have found the King of Fragrances, Dior Homme Perfume is clearly the King's wife!
TimsGym
Attention! We have a winner!
The beautiful leather-iris combination in this masterpiece of perfume art is simply kneeling down and gives this flanker a slight masculine attitude in contrast to "Dior Homme Intense (2011)", which is rather unisex for some.
In the fragrance development, the iris note plays the leading role at first and is then replaced in the drydown by the very prominent leather and wood notes, but always remains present.
That's what "Dior Homme Parfum" means to me: the noble interaction of a more feminine iris note and a more masculine leather note, like fire and water, like yin and yang
You don't need to say much about the performance: definition of beast fashion, stays on the skin easy +12 hours or until the next shower, on clothes it lasts several weeks, no fun.
Sillage is especially in the first hours enormous and then becomes a little softer, but it is one of the few fragrances that does not just lie close to the skin but now and then you get the feeling of having just sprayed on So dose carefully, 2 - 3 sprayers are completely sufficient to get rid of it so quickly no longer
Versatiliy: Clearly an autumn/winter fragrance, but also almost always wearable, at work, as a leisure fragrance, for going out, day or night, just not in the gym =)

Compliments: To whom this is important: yes there is, but of course this is not a typical designer DNA and therefore not necessarily as common as other fragrances.

And this combination of a unique scent DNA with a performance that makes even most niche brands look old makes "Dior Homme Parfum" for me the absolute best designer fragrance there is S-animal

DTCDTC 1 month ago
Iris cuero modo bestia
BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
The perfect blend between iris, leather and woods. Powdery, dark, leathery, elegant, woody. Less sweet and more masculine than DH and DHI.
EstbienlaEstbienla 3 months ago
Product of high quality superior to the niche. Sustainability, quality, wake, 10/10 what more can we say? Buy it as soon as possible:)
GolcherGolcher 3 months ago
an intense version of Dior Homme Intense, could’ve been called Dior Homme Extreme
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 5 months ago
Dark side of DHI
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 months ago
Initially slightly bright citric, a warm and musky powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a solid creamy leathery-woody base. Awesome!
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 7 months ago
Old formulation (before 2020) is for me the best designer fragrance ever made. I adore wearing it and have 3 bottles in a reserve.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 7 months ago
It is almost a perfect parfum. My only issue with this, it feels like i have to wear a suit and tie with it.( which i almost never do)
TamashiiTamashii 8 months ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
A masterpiece. Probably the best leather fragrance out there on the market. More in line with Louis Vuitton than today's Dior.

Le jus
by Kruemel952
by Linusmart
by Linusmart

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior