Dior Homme Parfum 2014

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior
Top 10 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Florentine iris, Ceylonese sandalwood, Leather

Submitted by Jaguqopi, last update on 15.01.2021.

Dior Homme on steroids
Dior Homme's fragrance DNA has been one of my absolute favorites for a bit longer.
The powdery iris was then an absolute novelty in men's fragrances - at least as far as the masses are concerned. To this day, this is, as I think, implemented by no one better than by Dior.

Accordingly, the desire was also to get the perfume flanker of the series times in the fingers. And yes, the unmistakable iris note is still the main player. Compared to DH and DHI, though, this one is noticeably "darker", a bit more masculine - both of which I attribute mostly to the leather it contains. Rose and oud is also frequently perceived, I personally don't notice any of it. Great changes I then no longer recognize - the fragrance remains quite linear.
The DNA is inherently very noble and has always been very well suited for evening occasions - DHP sets in this regard again on top. The durability and sillage is enormous and is in no way inferior to other heavyweights like an "Interlude man". A single spray in the morning is perceptible for ages. If you want to wear it to work, please Swabian frugality!

Even though I'm not really a fan of strictly dividing fragrances into wearable seasons, DHP is an exception here. The powdery sweetness and outrageous performance really only makes it work in winter in cold temperatures. In heat exposure, I would not even like to imagine this atomic cloud.

I own the 100ml version, by the way, there are discussions that this should be watered down and worse shelf life - um no. Since please do not worry. I never had a 75ml flacon, but who that current is not enough, I can not help more (My opinion!).

The bottle is DH-usually beautifully worked in the rectangular glass and known simple and noble.

Who likes Dior Homme, will very likely find here another purchase candidate, but still different enough from the others.

One of the best.point.

Dior Homme Extreme
I was lucky enough to get ahold of a 100ml bottle of the coveted DHP. I heard it’s pretty much the same 2014’s version and even if it wasn’t the 2020 was hard and expensive enough to get.

I wore DHP for NYE for the first time so this is basically my first impression. Dior Homme Parfum opens very similar to Dior Homme Intense, a little darker and a bit deeper, I didn’t notice a big difference until it started drying down. The iris starts up strong however it fades into the background a couple of hours into it, still present but leather and amber take over and separates this from the others in this line.
I heard a couple of times that DHP wasn’t too versatile, that there where few occasions where it could be worn which I disagree, perhaps this was changed from the 2014 version to the 2020 but I find it as versatile as DHI.

I can’t discuss performance as I’m yet to test it properly myself but I went to bed at the 6th hour and it was still going on with a good projection so one could hope for a good performance.

I thought this was overhyped but once I sprayed I understood
An absolute revelation
I was lucky and could secure me a new bottle from 2014.
The comparison with the version that you can acquire today to days I have unfortunately not. So now to the fragrance. Absolutely fantastic, wonderful, long lasting and projecting like no second. The iris note is still the main actor of this fragrance. Everything is a bit darker and more intense than the Dior Homme Intense. For some this is already too much of a good thing but for me this fragrance is the icing on the cake of my Dior collection

Dior homme parfum 2020
There is a new dior homme parfum 2020 im the dior homme intense 2020 bottle. And its no where to find on fragrantica either parfumo. And the sites that sell this version of the parfum version, all don't list the oud note. So I wonderd. Of sum one has smeld it.
Here is the site: https://www.debijenkorf.nl/-dior-homme-parfum-2067090078-206709007800000?utm_campaign=BIJ-NL-COSM-SHOP-NB&utm_content=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAiAwrf-BRA9EiwAUWwKXqCm6tU-tHOXpkgykBOMD3CPGRGirByvoZpSMs3wHUMMkuqjC6HYYxoCaOsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
The boss's wife
Rarely has a title been more appropriate for a fragrance as it is here. A brief explanation: I also own the Dior Homme Intense, of course. For me, a dark, slightly powdery note of iris stands out. I can only smell the lipstick slightly here, but I'd classify the fragrance as unisex with masculine nuances. When I didn't know the perfume variant yet, I thought: "Come on, this is the boss fragrance par excellence! Incredibly authoritarian, dark, elegantly dressed, beyond any doubt! Durability eight meters against the wind, my colleagues can still perceive my scent cloud even 10 minutes after me in the corridor! And that is exactly how the Dior Homme Intense still smells to me.
Why am I telling you this? Well, half a year later, I sprayed Dior Homme perfume in a perfumery. "Boa smells horny, he is even darker, more authoritarian, more elegant than the DHI!"
And then the analogy fell from my eyes like scales: darker, even more authoritarian than the boss himself? That must be the boss's wife, she really wears the pants!
Perfume is truly above all when it comes to power and authority. I smell a very dark iris, this time without any lipstick at all, paired with a subtle leather wrap, a slight orange note at the beginning and a dark woody note that comes along with it. For me a fragrance that every man must have smelled 18 times, an absolute bang.
Durability really incredibly long, Sillage very strong. You definitely get noticed. It's a shame that even with this one, I get fragrance-blind very quickly.
There are few prints in the B-note: unfortunately, I find very few possibilities to wear the fragrance. In principle, I would never wear it above 15°C, if only with a sprayer. For me, it's more suitable in winter, but in the office it's only sensible to wear it with care because of its power.

In conclusion, if you think you have found the King of Fragrances, Dior Homme Perfume is clearly the King's wife!
TimsGym
Attention! We have a winner!
The beautiful leather-iris combination in this masterpiece of perfume art is simply kneeling down and gives this flanker a slight masculine attitude in contrast to "Dior Homme Intense (2011)", which is rather unisex for some.
In the fragrance development, the iris note plays the leading role at first and is then replaced in the drydown by the very prominent leather and wood notes, but always remains present.
That's what "Dior Homme Parfum" means to me: the noble interaction of a more feminine iris note and a more masculine leather note, like fire and water, like yin and yang
You don't need to say much about the performance: definition of beast fashion, stays on the skin easy +12 hours or until the next shower, on clothes it lasts several weeks, no fun.
Sillage is especially in the first hours enormous and then becomes a little softer, but it is one of the few fragrances that does not just lie close to the skin but now and then you get the feeling of having just sprayed on So dose carefully, 2 - 3 sprayers are completely sufficient to get rid of it so quickly no longer
Versatiliy: Clearly an autumn/winter fragrance, but also almost always wearable, at work, as a leisure fragrance, for going out, day or night, just not in the gym =)

Compliments: To whom this is important: yes there is, but of course this is not a typical designer DNA and therefore not necessarily as common as other fragrances.

And this combination of a unique scent DNA with a performance that makes even most niche brands look old makes "Dior Homme Parfum" for me the absolute best designer fragrance there is S-animal
Gury
Can only be worn "in contrast
Dior Homme Intense has accompanied me for a long time and I was always very enthusiastic about it until it was apparently reformulated a little bit. Basically not an issue, because I love Valentino Uomo Intense all the more. But there's something about Dior Homme that gets me. So let's have a look and find the perfume.
Put it on your wrist and BOOM! The same experience as the first sprayer of the Dior Homme Intense. But wait and see how it untwists. This powdery, this light sweetness and the bombastic iris. Amazing. Yet very, very strong. Not wearable in summer, in autumn and winter even more so, and above all as a contrast to the leather jacket and the badboy look. Some head-turners of the ladies world, a compliment here, one there and asking what I would wear. He can do it and is a must for every fan of powdery and iris ... BUT: The contrast does it!

A future classic...
The best (and most masculine, I might add) from DH line...a stunning dark leathery feeling, combined with ambrette, iris, smooth oud and warm sandalwood. Different enough from DH and DHI to worth owning, like a deeper/fuller version of both. Great longevity/sillage and an elegant appearance for a self confident man. My own rating 9.5/10, strongly recommended.
Egalite
At the upper limit of (female) masculinity...
The quintessence of Dior Homme.
Sexy!
Not for every man.
Erotic!

Iris. Sandalwood, leather and orange United in powerful perfection.

Kiss me!

Opulent.

Touch me!

Less is more.

Look at me!

The best of the best.

From head to toe!

Putting everything in the shade.

Stroking along the arm!

Tying up.

Wrapping!

Dior Homme Parfum: the GOAT
Dior Homme Parfum is arguably the best perfume I have had the utmost pleasure of trying. It is indeed a more masculine approach to the iris based fragrances and I can understand why so many reviewers say it is 'niche quality'. I love almost all iris based men fragrances, but Dior Homme Parfum is by far the most complex and luxurious one. Based on feedback from the females in my life, I do not think it will do well in romantic or intimate settings though. I believe it is made to be worn on special occasions when you wish to exude confidence and make a statement. If you want to wear it casually, I think it will best complement a dark leather jacket outfit with Chelsea or combat boots.

Currently this is the most enjoyable scent I have in my collection and it has been so for some time.

Regarding reformulation - the formula on the bottom is the same as the original, but I confirm that my bottle is definitely weaker than the testers I have tried in stores. I remember one time I sprayed this on my jacket sleeve 3 times and the scent stayed there strongly for the whole winter and spring! With the current bottle the same experiment left me with just a day or two scent that then faded away. it still does perform very well and on skin I get around 2-3 hours nice projection and up to 8-9 hours longevity. Some say that the Dior 'Homme' line perfumes get stronger and better smelling with time and oxidation which at this point I cannot deny or confirm.

The review is based on batch code 8J05 (meaning production date 09/2018).

EstbienlaEstbienla 8 days ago
Product of high quality superior to the niche. Sustainability, quality, wake, 10/10 what more can we say? Buy it as soon as possible:)
GolcherGolcher 13 days ago
an intense version of Dior Homme Intense, could’ve been called Dior Homme Extreme
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 2 months ago
Dark side of DHI
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 3 months ago
Initially slightly bright citric, a warm and musky powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a solid creamy leathery-woody base. Awesome!
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 4 months ago
Old formulation (before 2020) is for me the best designer fragrance ever made. I adore wearing it and have 3 bottles in a reserve.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
It is almost a perfect parfum. My only issue with this, it feels like i have to wear a suit and tie with it.( which i almost never do)
TamashiiTamashii 5 months ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
A masterpiece. Probably the best leather fragrance out there on the market. More in line with Louis Vuitton than today's Dior.
LolusLolus 9 months ago
Probably the best no-niche fragance in the market .(Now is discontinued)
SergioTSergioT 12 months ago
Better than 90% of niche scents. Iris, leather and woods. Flawless creation.

by sebjar
by Kruemel952
by Linusmart
by Linusmart

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior