Dior Homme Parfum 2014

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior
Top 12 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Baccarat Rouge 540 (Eau de Parfum)

Florentine iris, Ceylonese sandalwood, Leather

Submitted by Jaguqopi, last update on 09.06.2021.

Marvin23
A sillage to which I myself was addicted.
Along the way.
Perceived.
Slight confusion.
Enthusiastic.
Severely excited.
Turned around.
Walked behind, continued to be confused.
Befuddled.
Fog in head.
Where am I going to go.
The goal further in sight.
Slight derealization.
Tunnel vision.
Achieved the possible goal.
Courage mustered.
Not stuttering, yet uncertain.
"Excuse me"
Inspired by DHI, completely thrilled by DHP
Unfortunately, since the perfume variant is nowhere to be tested "in the regular way", like DH or DHI, it was Dior Homme Intense that I was able to test first.

Right from the first immediate impression, I was extraordinarily taken with it. A warm, powdery sweetness that draws you into its spell, like a candy and almond stand at a fair.

Compared to very many other fragrances I tested that day, I immediately thought "I have to have that scent!"; it was simply so compelling, stand-out and inspiring.

But perhaps I rejoiced a little too soon. Because a few hours later, the strong powdery and simply very feminine character of DHI came to bear, which I would never want to have so myself on me.

After a little research, it then emerged that there is still the perfume variant, which should be darker, more masculine and leathery accentuated. So there was still a remaining possibility.

Since it was - as previously described - not possible to test the fragrance elsewhere, I then dared the blind purchase and ordered directly from Dior. And, what to say, the perfume met all expectations and much more!

The perfume embodies the same highly attractive DNA of DHI, but just exactly with a more masculine undertone, which makes it possible that you could not blame any man to smell so.

It is the perfect mix of sweetness and leathery, masculine grounding, which ultimately forms the bow around the overall powdery package.

Durability: easily 12 hours

Sillage: 1.5-2 hours strong, after 4 hours at arm's length, after 6 in the very close environment perceptible, then only a skin scent

SUMMARY: Who also finds Dior Homme Intense very attractive, but (unfortunately) too feminine, will find in Dior Homme perfume greatest pleasure. 10/10 Buy recommendation.
Genius vs. Granny
Torn whether I find him brilliant as a perfume or he reminds me too much of the smell of grandma's makeup, lipstick and powder.
That note (iris!?) resonates with me, many appreciate it... I can also see the tremendous value and fantastic assemblage of raw materials.
Orange, leather, resins/oud and sandalwood great interwoven.
But I can not get rid of this association... and so I probably do not want to smell even in the approach, unfortunately :-D but definitely try.
Memories shape just very our fragrance preferences and our fragrance sensation.
Wordless beauty
First, I perceive a very intense and strong creamy sweet floral note, which is accompanied in the background by subtle bright rooty earthy appearing tones and is due to the 'iris'; Florentine iris.

A tiny bit later, the iris is only minimally dimmed and thus still very perceptible, revealing a slightly powdery yet dominant wordless beauty, redolent of smooth yet at the same time matte-buttery, noble shoegazey 'black leather'.
In the last 4 hours, Dior Homme Parfum is brought to completion with a densely cuddly creamy 'sandalwood' ~ tone, accompanied by clear and delicately resinous smoky light woody sprinkles.

In total, the fragrance lasts 9.5 hours on my skin.

The sillage is designed to last 1.5 hours at 1.5 meters and 3 hours at a very noticeable full arm's length before minimizing in quiet increments until the fragrance fades.

"Honk1510, thanks for the bottling!"

the one and only
this is completely a niche wualiry frag even better than many of them like montales synthetics.
I own all 4 variations of Dior Homme Intense and this is more complex richer than them except the 2007 version the more masculine as well.
its sweeter more iris with delicate hint of rose which smoothen and soften it while oud enrich it by gives a more luxurious and niche quality to it.
its not a linear scent at all and every time I wear it on aspect of it appears on me.
performance wise I should say the first timenI test it in the shop on my sleeve it filled the room for one week each time I entered the room it punches through my nostrills and last for months.
it's not lie that Dior is one of the best fashion houses particularly in perfume industry although Francoi Demachy has a significant role in the success of the Homme Line.

Beast!
First.
Let me just say, I am gonna be referring to 75ml version of this fragrance.

It opens with that Iris lipsticky vibe, but no, that's not the classic Iris you know. That's some dark, sensual and dense Iris! You almost feel like it's there giving you no sense of freshness, just embracing you in that smooth, nice, cozy leather and creamy sandalwood. But not cloying at all!

Dry-down is, hands down, my favorite thing about it! It's sort of woody, ambrette, vanilish lullaby for your nose. One of my favorite designer scents of all time! I can't get enough of it.

Longevity is easy 10 hours on my skin with room filling sillage. Beast!
Dior Homme on steroids
Dior Homme's fragrance DNA has been one of my absolute favorites for a bit longer.
The powdery iris was then an absolute novelty in men's fragrances - at least as far as the masses are concerned. To this day, this is, as I think, implemented by no one better than by Dior.

Accordingly, the desire was also to get the perfume flanker of the series times in the fingers. And yes, the unmistakable iris note is still the main player. Compared to DH and DHI, though, this one is noticeably "darker", a bit more masculine - both of which I attribute mostly to the leather it contains. Rose and oud is also frequently perceived, I personally don't notice any of it. Great changes I then no longer recognize - the fragrance remains quite linear.
The DNA is inherently very noble and has always been very well suited for evening occasions - DHP sets in this regard again on top. The durability and sillage is enormous and is in no way inferior to other heavyweights like an "Interlude man". A single spray in the morning is perceptible for ages. If you want to wear it to work, please Swabian frugality!

Even though I'm not really a fan of strictly dividing fragrances into wearable seasons, DHP is an exception here. The powdery sweetness and outrageous performance really only makes it work in winter in cold temperatures. In heat exposure, I would not even like to imagine this atomic cloud.

I own the 100ml version, by the way, there are discussions that this should be watered down and worse shelf life - um no. Since please do not worry. I never had a 75ml flacon, but who that current is not enough, I can not help more (My opinion!).

The bottle is DH-usually beautifully worked in the rectangular glass and known simple and noble.

Who likes Dior Homme, will very likely find here another purchase candidate, but still different enough from the others.

One of the best.point.

Dior Homme Extreme
I was lucky enough to get ahold of a 100ml bottle of the coveted DHP. I heard it’s pretty much the same 2014’s version and even if it wasn’t the 2020 was hard and expensive enough to get.

I wore DHP for NYE for the first time so this is basically my first impression. Dior Homme Parfum opens very similar to Dior Homme Intense, a little darker and a bit deeper, I didn’t notice a big difference until it started drying down. The iris starts up strong however it fades into the background a couple of hours into it, still present but leather and amber take over and separates this from the others in this line.
I heard a couple of times that DHP wasn’t too versatile, that there where few occasions where it could be worn which I disagree, perhaps this was changed from the 2014 version to the 2020 but I find it as versatile as DHI also, I get something like a roasted coffee note which is just lovely.

I can’t discuss performance as I’m yet to test it properly myself but I went to bed at the 6th hour and it was still going on with a good projection so one could hope for a good performance.

I thought this was overhyped but once I sprayed I understood
An absolute revelation
I was lucky and could secure me a new bottle from 2014.
The comparison with the version that you can acquire today to days I have unfortunately not. So now to the fragrance. Absolutely fantastic, wonderful, long lasting and projecting like no second. The iris note is still the main actor of this fragrance. Everything is a bit darker and more intense than the Dior Homme Intense. For some this is already too much of a good thing but for me this fragrance is the icing on the cake of my Dior collection

Dior homme parfum 2020
There is a new dior homme parfum 2020 im the dior homme intense 2020 bottle. And its no where to find on fragrantica either parfumo. And the sites that sell this version of the parfum version, all don't list the oud note. So I wonderd. Of sum one has smeld it.
Here is the site: https://www.debijenkorf.nl/-dior-homme-parfum-2067090078-206709007800000?utm_campaign=BIJ-NL-COSM-SHOP-NB&utm_content=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&gclid=CjwKCAiAwrf-BRA9EiwAUWwKXqCm6tU-tHOXpkgykBOMD3CPGRGirByvoZpSMs3wHUMMkuqjC6HYYxoCaOsQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Blako11Blako11 25 days ago
Iris en estado elegante. Una fragrancia formal e ideal para temperaturas frías. Desde que la olí no dejo de tenerla en mi colección.
Topfpflanze3Topfpflanze3 1 month ago
Very deep, leathery and sweet iris. Nuclear longevity and projection - 2 sprays are way enough. Highest quality designer out there
DTCDTC 4 months ago
Iris cuero modo bestia
BertolucciKBertolucciK 5 months ago
The perfect blend between iris, leather and woods. Powdery, dark, leathery, elegant, woody. Less sweet and more masculine than DH and DHI.
EstbienlaEstbienla 5 months ago
Product of high quality superior to the niche. Sustainability, quality, wake, 10/10 what more can we say? Buy it as soon as possible:)
GolcherGolcher 6 months ago
an intense version of Dior Homme Intense, could’ve been called Dior Homme Extreme
CrishoffmanCrishoffman 7 months ago
Dark side of DHI
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 8 months ago
Initially slightly bright citric, a warm and musky powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a solid creamy leathery-woody base. Awesome!
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 9 months ago
Old formulation (before 2020) is for me the best designer fragrance ever made. I adore wearing it and have 3 bottles in a reserve.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 9 months ago
It is almost a perfect parfum. My only issue with this, it feels like i have to wear a suit and tie with it.( which i almost never do)

Le jus
by Kruemel952
by Linusmart
by Linusmart

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior