Dior Homme Parfum 2014

Dior Homme Parfum by Dior
Top 11 in Men's Perfume
Dior Homme Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is powdery-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Intense (2011)

Florentine iris, Ceylonese sandalwood, Leather

Submitted by Jaguqopi, last update on 19.10.2020.

TimsGym
Attention! We have a winner!
The beautiful leather-iris combination in this masterpiece of perfume art is simply kneeling down and gives this flanker a slight masculine attitude in contrast to "Dior Homme Intense (2011)", which is rather unisex for some.
In the fragrance development, the iris note plays the leading role at first and is then replaced in the drydown by the very prominent leather and wood notes, but always remains present.
That's what "Dior Homme Parfum" means to me: the noble interaction of a more feminine iris note and a more masculine leather note, like fire and water, like yin and yang
You don't need to say much about the performance: definition of beast fashion, stays on the skin easy +12 hours or until the next shower, on clothes it lasts several weeks, no fun.
Sillage is especially in the first hours enormous and then becomes a little softer, but it is one of the few fragrances that does not just lie close to the skin but now and then you get the feeling of having just sprayed on So dose carefully, 2 - 3 sprayers are completely sufficient to get rid of it so quickly no longer
Versatiliy: Clearly an autumn/winter fragrance, but also almost always wearable, at work, as a leisure fragrance, for going out, day or night, just not in the gym =)

Compliments: To whom this is important: yes there is, but of course this is not a typical designer DNA and therefore not necessarily as common as other fragrances.

And this combination of a unique scent DNA with a performance that makes even most niche brands look old makes "Dior Homme Parfum" for me the absolute best designer fragrance there is S-animal
Gury
Can only be worn "in contrast
Dior Homme Intense has accompanied me for a long time and I was always very enthusiastic about it until it was apparently reformulated a little bit. Basically not an issue, because I love Valentino Uomo Intense all the more. But there's something about Dior Homme that gets me. So let's have a look and find the perfume.
Put it on your wrist and BOOM! The same experience as the first sprayer of the Dior Homme Intense. But wait and see how it untwists. This powdery, this light sweetness and the bombastic iris. Amazing. Yet very, very strong. Not wearable in summer, in autumn and winter even more so, and above all as a contrast to the leather jacket and the badboy look. Some head-turners of the ladies world, a compliment here, one there and asking what I would wear. He can do it and is a must for every fan of powdery and iris ... BUT: The contrast does it!

A future classic...
The best (and most masculine, I might add) from DH line...a stunning dark leathery feeling, combined with ambrette, iris, smooth oud and warm sandalwood. Different enough from DH and DHI to worth owning, like a deeper/fuller version of both. Great longevity/sillage and an elegant appearance for a self confident man. My own rating 9.5/10, strongly recommended.
BETWEEN DRAMA AND PERFECTION
Dior Homme Parfum (DHP) is the further development of Dior Homme Intense (DHI).

They are both quite similar, but I would say that DHP is slightly darker, more refined, masculine and elegant, due to the leather note that pulls the strings in the background, giving the perfume even more depth.

A powdery iris with its characteristic lipstick-like scent, accompanied by ambrette, rose and wood, rests over the leather note already mentioned. A hint of subtle oud is easily detectable in the shade.

The shelf life and silage are very good and are without problems at 8-10 hours.

In my opinion one of the best designer fragrances and therefore 100% recommended to buy.
Egalite
At the upper limit of (female) masculinity...
The quintessence of Dior Homme.
Sexy!
Not for every man.
Erotic!

Iris. Sandalwood, leather and orange United in powerful perfection.

Kiss me!

Opulent.

Touch me!

Less is more.

Look at me!

The best of the best.

From head to toe!

Putting everything in the shade.

Stroking along the arm!

Tying up.

Wrapping!

Dior Homme Parfum: the GOAT
Dior Homme Parfum is arguably the best perfume I have had the utmost pleasure of trying. It is indeed a more masculine approach to the iris based fragrances and I can understand why so many reviewers say it is 'niche quality'. I love almost all iris based men fragrances, but Dior Homme Parfum is by far the most complex and luxurious one. Based on feedback from the females in my life, I do not think it will do well in romantic or intimate settings though. I believe it is made to be worn on special occasions when you wish to exude confidence and make a statement. If you want to wear it casually, I think it will best complement a dark leather jacket outfit with Chelsea or combat boots.

Currently this is the most enjoyable scent I have in my collection and it has been so for some time.

Regarding reformulation - the formula on the bottom is the same as the original, but I confirm that my bottle is definitely weaker than the testers I have tried in stores. I remember one time I sprayed this on my jacket sleeve 3 times and the scent stayed there strongly for the whole winter and spring! With the current bottle the same experiment left me with just a day or two scent that then faded away. it still does perform very well and on skin I get around 2-3 hours nice projection and up to 8-9 hours longevity. Some say that the Dior 'Homme' line perfumes get stronger and better smelling with time and oxidation which at this point I cannot deny or confirm.

The review is based on batch code 8J05 (meaning production date 09/2018).

Not for me
How did they ruin it? Valuable is the homme, enchanting the intense, with this they have messed up. They added what they didn't have to add and they took away what they didn't have to take away. take roads, alas different. The opening is very sparkling, you can barely smell the warm "lipstick", a predominant characteristic of the older brothers. After that, no pear, no cocoa, no warm, enveloping aura, but so much, roppo iris, dusty iris, annoying. expects an even hotter flakers, and instead is just an annoying scent, worse, absolutely an involution with respect to the homme and the intense, which are among the most innovative and valid scents left on the market.

Rating: 4

Gatsby
A masterpiece in all the way
I see some fights on forums about batches, regarding old (discontinued) 75 ml edition. 2018 batch and 2019 (mate box, not glossy - i didn t test the ones form glossy black boxes) are absolutely the SAME. I think some repetitive comments with pathetic "40 minutes longevity" impressions does not interest anyone. As long as 99% here are telling the truth - a pure perfume is a pure perfume and the lingevitiy and sillage are still stunning, any other comments provides something that is not too clear... But who cares. This amazing fragrance is already discontinued as Dior responded to our emails so, there was no reformulation, at least not a major one, they knew they will stop the production since last winter. I used today my 2019 edition (in mate, soft box) and all I can tell you is that I had a +8 hours longevity, almost 12 as a skin, yet with a good perception, in the evening. it s still the same scent ( I repeat I dind t tested the ultimate glossy-shinny box, never seen it) but for the mate classic box, the performances, the composition and colour of the juice are the same with previous editions.
So sad it has been discontinued in the 75 ml formulation, luckily I still have some small reserves. Considering ALL the Dior s reformulation, I have not very good feelings about the new 2020 100 ml bottle but...let s see.
Probably one of the most beautiful pure perfum made in the last decade.
The king of designers
A very successful fragrance from Dior, where I think the focus is fully on rose, cocoa and leather. Iris is also present but does not play the main role The scent lasts extremely long and also projects strongly.
FragranceBoy
The man that everybody wants to be
When I first got to know the fragrance, I thought it was okay, but nothing more. I liked him more and more as time went on. Today I can say that he is one of my absolute favourites. I put it on and the women notice me much more, violently!
Dior Homme Parfum is like a magic pill: the fragrance makes me more energetic, courageous, self-confident and above all charismatic. This makes flirting much easier for me and the women feel it naturally!
What does it smell like or what does it smell like? The fragrance smells of a man who is between 25 years old or older, it smells of a man who knows what he wants, the fragrance smells of a man who knows who he is. DHP also smells attractive, intense, seductive and elegant at the same time. That's how a man must smell! Is this fragrance suitable for newcomers? No!
How many squirts do you need? Between 2 and 4
Suitable situations to carry DHP ?
-Date
-At temperatures below freezing point (from -1)
-Formal Event (Black Tie)

Attention, this fragrance is not suitable for school or work, so do not be selfish and do your fellow men a favor!

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 6 days ago
Initially slightly bright citric, a warm and musky powdery-floral Fall fragrance, balanced by a solid creamy leathery-woody base. Awesome!
CoolrunnerCoolrunner 21 days ago
Old formulation (before 2020) is for me the best designer fragrance ever made. I adore wearing it and have 3 bottles in a reserve.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 27 days ago
It is almost a perfect parfum. My only issue with this, it feels like i have to wear a suit and tie with it.( which i almost never do)
TamashiiTamashii 73 days ago
absolutely magnificent
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 85 days ago
A masterpiece. Probably the best leather fragrance out there on the market. More in line with Louis Vuitton than today's Dior.
LolusLolus 6 months ago
Probably the best no-niche fragance in the market .(Now is discontinued)
SergioTSergioT 9 months ago
Better than 90% of niche scents. Iris, leather and woods. Flawless creation.
Carlitos01Carlitos01 9 months ago
When it's really cold, the Dior Homme Parfum thicker scent becomes irresistible, besides giving me all the performance I seem to need.
DvoraskDvorask 9 months ago
Starts out lipsticky, then slowly gets sour from the woods and leathery with a peek of roses. DHI is boring lipstick, this is interesting.
Rens1996Rens1996 12 months ago
Yes it is in stock again. Yes not discontinued

by sebjar
by Kruemel952
by Linusmart
by Linusmart

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior