Dior Homme Sport 2008Eau de Toilette

Version from 2008
Dior Homme Sport (2008) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Dior Homme Sport (2008) (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2008. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit, Rosemary, Citron
Heart Notes Heart NotesElemi resin, Ginger, Lavender
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, Vetiver, Cedarwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.11.2020.

The beginning
It's him. Oh, the things you've done. So inconspicuous in your little bottle, you created a small world for me. Clearly my favorite of the three Dior Homme Sport versions (2008,2012,2017)
To anticipate what follows is something very personal and for me formative.
I remember that day like it was last weekend. It is the year 2008 and I am 11 years old. As usual I accompanied my parents on a stroll through the city and once a year I had to visit a perfumery. During the payment process, my parents were of course given samples and suddenly the sales lady bends down to me and presses a small box into my hand. I was very happy and thanked her very much. It was a shower gel test of the former Dior Homme Sport. I think it was 30ml. Quite unusual, I only knew the small perfume taps in the sprayer at that time. Nearly 2 weeks later I was invited to the birthday party of a classmate and shortly before departure I went into the shower where this little box welcomed me. For this special occasion I wanted to test how it is like. I didn't have high expectations anyway, at the age of 11 years shower gel was for me, well just shower gel and smelled almost always the same anyway. When I took a shower it completely blew me away! What was that smell? What kind of shower gel is that? Something beautiful and high quality smelling never came under my nose before. Then it happened, I was infected. Proudly I stepped out of the shower and for the first time I was just happy about something as banal as a smell. My mother also mentioned what I had done to make me smell so good. I reminded her of the specimen. The birthday was great and it got even better than half of the girls present complimented me on my smell. To get compliments for my body odor was something unknown to me at that time, something I had never experienced before. But it confirmed my assumption that this woody citric smell is something very special. Since this experience I became very sensitive to odours. I paid attention to everything that had a smell and was looking for more scents. But nobody could match the Dior Homme Sport Shower Gel in its light citric ginger fresh water, except for my shower. I was in love. Often I just opened the flap of the shower gel to have a quick sniff. I never got any pocket money, so for almost a year I saved every imaginable money to buy a small 50ml of the 2008 version of Dior Homme Sport Eau de Toilette shortly before my 12th birthday. I was proud and very happy about my second largest investment at that time (the Kettcar was more expensive). The scent was identical to the shower gel and also knocked me out every time. At that time I didn't have a plan of individual fragrances, I couldn't describe what attracted me to this little fragrance, but it was so beautiful. Since then I have wished for only one thing in addition to every birthday and every Christmas: The 150ml shower gel of the fragrance, which after all cost a proud €35. This also always lasted every six months, because I only wore it for special occasions combined with the perfume. I bought the perfume annually from my own money. This fragrance simply did not let go of me, I spent my childhood and complete youth with it. When the 2012 version was released, I went along with it and remained true to my Dior Homme Sport. I liked the follow-up version, even though I preferred the original.
I still have about 60ml of the 2012 version and an empty shower gel pack of a 2008. Every time I open this lid again and smell it I go on a trip. A journey back into nice moments, into bad moments. Memories of family members still alive at that time. On light and dark days of my schooldays, in many places and situations I am not in a position to evaluate this scent purely factually.
Even the 2012 version reminds me in contrast to the current 2017 version still very very much of that time. It is one of the few fragrances that I can't just wear the way you do with fragrances. It is a fragrance where I know exactly what happens every time I spray it on. A time travel, every single time. And so the last 60ml disappears like the last days of my childhood. Both I appreciate, but also both I have to leave behind me sometime. What remains at some point is the memory

Thanks. :-)

One of the best!
A true winner.

Dior Homme Sport is one of the best citric scent that i've ever smelt.

Smells elegant and comforting with lots of ginger and citric notes that are close to natural.

Sillage, projection and lasting power are good for a fresh scent.

This version (original) is much better than the new version.

It shows it's splendour in hot/humid climates.

Big thumbs up!

Updated December 2013

Lasting sports fragrance
I really love that Dior Homme Sport is a really natural interpretation of citrus. There's nothing synthetic or harsh about it whatsoever. It's absolutely perfect for Spring and Summer, and definitely serves its purpose as a sports cologne.

Dior Homme Sport opens with zesty and fresh lemon peel and grapefruit. It fizzes up your nose at first, but when it settles it's quite enticing and clean. It reminds me of Dolce & Gabbana's Light Blue for women, however it's less cedary and less bold.

The vetiver and lavender notes make this fragrance rather masculine and aromatic. It's really surprising that this fragrance is a flanker of Dior Homme, which was quite sweet and dark.

Dior Homme Sport isn't the most original composition you're going to stumble upon, however despite its simplicity, I really like this perfume, especially on men. I usually hate citrus based scents, so for me to enjoy smelling this means something.

The sillage is really good, definitely not overpowering or too soft. It's the kind of fragrance that will last on the skin too, especially during and after strenuous exercising. I highly recommend.

ElysiumElysium 12 months ago
A sexy woody scent with juicy citrus, spicy, and earthy freshness. Miles away from Dior Homme, this is like a t-shirt over perfect jeans.
DPArtistDPArtist 2 years ago
If I had to choose just one fragrance I think this would be it. Much of that may be due to nostalgia & lost love but it's a stunning scent..

by DellingerDdC
by Staerke
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior