Dior Homme Sport 2017

Version from 2017
Dior Homme Sport (2017) by Dior
Dior Homme Sport (2017) is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orangeBlood orange
Pink pepperPink pepper
NutmegNutmeg
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwoodSandalwood
Haitian vetiverHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Michael, last update on 06.01.2022.

The face of the advertising campaign is British actor Robert Pattinson, filmed by Romain Gavras.

Powdery lemon
Francois Demachy. My favorite perfumer. Dior's flagship. Eau Sauvage, Sauvage, Dior Homme, Dior Homme Sport. What a board. Mainstream, sure. But wow.

About the fragrance: dior homme sport is classy. Citrusy opening, powdery development on the skin. First grapefruit, lemon, then nutmeg and resin. The name "sport" is misleading. Not a fragrance for sporting activities, but a great everyday scent. Any season, any age suitable m.E.n., a classic.

Durability and sillage mediocre, price / performance yet good, because it is a top fragrance. The now no longer everyone wears, so you have a certain recognition value. Most wear now rather Sauvage or Bleu de Chanel. Also super fragrances, no question. But this one is more noble, rounder, less scratchy and penetrating. One of my favorites!
Scent strong, performance weak
It's not so easy to keep track of all the Diors. As with other brands, flankers are launched and from the flankers then further flankers (Sport Very Cool Spray), until at the end of the day nothing more comes to mind. Thereby can be quite times also bull's-eye thereby, insofar a "sniffing through" is never quite wrong.

Today so Dior Sport in the familiar garb, wants to say, the bottle practically unchanged for years. Visually, I like the thing, stands out a bit from the uniformity, seen from therefore quite all right.

Pull off the cover, operate the sprayer, wait.

First impression: a very "light" and also "bright" fragrance, these two adjectives perhaps hit it best.

This light, so much I would like to anticipate here, meets in the further course then unfortunately also on sillage and durability, after two hours isses with me over with any sillage, durability another two hours and then is layer in the shaft.

And basically, this is a bit of a shame, because the fragrance itself has quite its charm. The top note comes quite tangy, very citrusy, yet none of these citro-mandarin bomber, but rather on the quiet tour. Not a rioter, but one that gently paws around the corner and spices up the citrusy prelude even a little bit. Pink pepper lists the fragrance pyramid for this, well, let's leave it at that. I can also perceive a tart note, which is probably due to the grapefruit. For me, an extremely harmonious combination. The addition of "Sport" in the name is probably also just to imply a certain sportiness and progressiveness of the wearer.

A good hour later, as already indicated, the sillage makes gradually the bend, changes the Erscheinung- or perhaps better smell image of Dior Sport away from the zitronelligen somehow to the "dry", I can not describe it differently or better. A scenario that takes a bit of getting used to, but which is then quickly replaced by the further transition in the direction of woody. This again I like extraordinarily well, a masculine and distinctive note, woody with still very slightly perceptible lemon. Again, see above, perceptible only at a distance of less than 50cm. Too bad.

Dior Sport is for me a rather young fragrance, which fits perfectly to younger people, who after steeling their muscles with the thingy in the locker room fog before it goes on the runway. A modern fragrance whose great weakness (at least for me so) remains its sad performance. Others can simply do that better and considering the price, I find that simply too little in return. Since even the blue Acqua di Parma's, anything but known for exuberant performance, are still a league higher to settle.

The fragrance itself very pleasing, an interesting composition of diverse components and thus certainly a test recommendation for anyone who is looking for a light summer fragrance. With the shallow sillage / durability you have to be able to live halt or beizeiten times nachsprühen.

ScentSlave
I didn’t touch this one for years...
... because of all the hate it gets. However, I was in Ulta yesterday, looking for something new for the collection. The woman working the fragrance department there sprayed it on a test strip, and handed it to me.....

...WHAT?!? THIS is what’s getting all this hate?!? How?!? Why?!?!

i LOVED it...

I sprayed it on the hand to be sure; and I looked around some more (at the Dior Homme Cologne, in particular)... but kept sniffing back at the hand... I’m LOVING this... I think I’m gonna grab it... “SOLD!!” I told her... but it turned out that they had none left in stock... wtf?!?! NOOOOOO!!! So I left, and headed home... “I HAVE to have it” I thought to myself.... I called around... and around... and around...This hated fragrance must be selling pretty well, no? No one seems to have it in stock... I FINALLY found it at a Sephora, and made sure they put it (the LAST one they had in stock) on hold.... then I drove 17miles to get it.... THAT’S how much I wanted it...

It isn’t unique, by any means... but it’s a FANTASTIC scent, in my opinion... it’s FRESH; a citrus-intense, very soapy feeling, very masculine scent. Pretty linear, but not bad by ANY means... the opening is a strong, citrusy, soapy vibe... it projects to an easy 4ft radius, and pulls back as it ages on the skin, becoming a “blue-ish” scent... (maybe that’s why it gets all the hate?) ...sillage is good; it doesn’t fill a room, but you can tell when somebody is wearing it nearby... and longevity is an easy 8hours+ (on one spray to the wrist, to say the least).

It’s becoming hard (nearly impossible) to find these days.... give it a few months to a year, and wait till it’s out of production... THAT’S when the people are gonna talk about how wonderful it is.

I’m glad I got it when I did
5.5

Little Sports Grouch
I almost packed the sample with the others, thinking I already knew them, which I usually give away to friends or perfumers. But before that, I could see that we are dealing with the 2017 reformulation, which I do not know yet. Even the 2012 version has completely passed me by - but wasn't missed much either.

What can I say? There are already some differences to the original from 2008. The most striking one is probably that the lemon here looks less artificial and no vanilla is perceptible. You're far away from the gourmand here, which was quite unusual in the 2008 version due to the sports designation, but on the other hand, this fragrance was also somewhat special and unique.

In 2017, the focus was again more on boring standard porridge and a lemon, which radiates a certain warmth and seriousness with a restrained tendency to go out, but which certifies anything but originality.
In contrast, the lemon in EdP by Bleu de Chanel is almost avant-garde and exciting, if not creative.

Now I wouldn't know what to write further, especially as I am still convinced that there are far more interesting scents on the subject of sport. Moreover, as many have already recognized, the flanker has nothing in common with the wonderful Dior Homme template except for the name and bottle shape.
A number of designer brands have a hard time with sports fragrances. It's a mystery to me that you have to stick to successful series that virtually counteract the theme
Who cares: Durability and projection also do not offer the highest sporting achievements. Will there be a new, improved version soon?
"Please stock up!"
It's a good thing that the esteemed Skylab firstly made a timely comment here on the now no longer entirely new Dior homme sport 2017.
And secondly, I'd better not have overlooked him.
Otherwise I might have known too late that there would be a new version for one of my favorites and could not have hurried to the next perfumery after the release, taken a detailed sample and then announced my extraordinary displeasure about this olfactory challenge from Dior What I write down with some time delay now also here.

Essentially, after the test I could only confirm what was already readable about the scent.
Quite apart from the fact that I don't understand the artistic-aesthetic value this reformulation has anyway five years after the launch of the last - albeit quite successful - version, a minimum of recognition and familiarity for customers and fans should be paid attention to, as long as commercial aspects are in the foreground (as I suppose).
In automotive engineering, the next generation does not make a rectangular wind tunnel shocker out of a design rounded off, eye-catching bestseller.

Only unfortunately François Demachy played around a bit too much with the scent here for my taste.

"More aquatic and flatter", as skylab described the prelude, one can call it.
In comparison to the 2012 DHS (and already this was no increase to the original version of 2008) I would rather call this confused scented brew of several tropical fruits a nasal imposition.
As a familiar top note it can hardly be identified.
If the grapefruit is also processed here, then it is probably one that had already rotted in the fruit staircase at the bottom. Hard, bitter, one-dimensional, very difficult to get used to.

Check this part off, but fast.
Fortunately, the impression of and association with what Dior homme sport has so far actually made out is now emerging again in the further course of events:
A nobly composed citrus freshness from dominating bergamot, which later subtly merges into a warm, resinously framed main body of woods and vetiver. Quality and refinement that you can literally smell out of your mouth.

"Appearance" says it already:
This new DHS is not really a good thing for the heart and base of the wearer, who might still be enthusiastic about it. Everything somehow very powerless and listless.
As pale as his testimonial Pattinson was to be seen in "Twilight", this time the advertised fragrance also works.
The final part fits to this:
If the old homme sport in particular once again clearly changed its appearance from the previous course, it remains strangely contourless and difficult to record.

At least in durability and sillage, the inclined DHS fan does not have to take any big swabs even with a new one.

Conclusion and back to the heading:
In view of this rather improved relaunch, the request there naturally means the penultimate issue, as long as it can still be obtained on winding paths and with luck.

Big Full-Circle
I've just had a very weird experience with this 'fume that demonstrates just how weirdly the olfactory faculty can behave. When I was choosing this from amongst other Dior offerings I went through the process everyone reading this is no doubt familiar with: "don't fancy that one ... well, that one's alright, maybe ... oh! now I ^do^ like ^that^ one!". Got it home, tried it a few days later ... seemed to smell nothing like what it did in the shop! Was terribly disappointed: thereafter I used it a few times for summary freshening after swimming, thinking "might as well use this one for the rougher tasks"; then changed to using some inexpensive EDT for that purpose (and changed again, & again), and put this one away & forgot about it. Very recently I found it again, thought "I'll have a quick spray of it just to remind myself ... and behold! It smelt just as it did when I first tried it in the store & really liked it!

I'll bet the general °shape° of this story is familiar to many of you.

Wouldn't say this is anything very special, though. Don't know why I bought it really: I think in a certain instantaneous moment it just seemed the best choice. But now that it's °rehabilitated°, it maketh a perfectly respectable adornment to my 'fume collection. It ^does^ smell ^very^ strongly of orange in the opening. In fact, I think that ^might well^ be the explanation of my choosing it.

You know, as to this °rehabilitation° business - I feel like I've just gotten it now as a gift! And I'm amazed at dysosmia manifesting so specifically ^and^ on so very lengthy a trajectory at once.

TravellerDK
Creamy blood orange, citrus and sandalwood
I have only used it for 3 weeks and in cold weather indoors, so I can not say how it will be in the warmer weather. Bought it mainly for use in work/university. It opens with a nice clean scent of blood orange, I do get some grapefruit/citrus as well - but not as strong. The fresh citrus scent fades after 1-1,5 hours, and becomes a skin scent that last 8-10 hours. After the first 2-3 hours I mostly get the sandalwood, with a very small hint of citrus - but it sits close to the skin. The sillage is 30-60 cm (1-2 feet?). I bought it, because I was looking for a clean, fresh work scent, that I could use in an office environment and also getting "sweaty" when doing more manual work. A scent that will not offend anyone, fresh citrus, yet very classy scent. I think this will be better in the spring/summer time, could be used for a light workout!

Muotarek
Not your average sport perfume!
Uplifting scent, it is very fresh and smelling good, versatile, you'll get compliments wearing this one, i didn't try 2012 version but i got a sample from this one and it is really really good one, it is not a beast mode when it comes to silage but it is okay, some scents are meant to be like that because if it is too loud you might not like it.

Blood orange and Sandalwood are a perfect mix here, smells so fresh and manly, i really don't care about the performance since i do enjoy its smell and i cannot wait till i get my hands on a full bottle.

BertolucciKBertolucciK 6 months ago
Fresh, citrusy, mainly blood orange, with sandalwood in the base. A hint of spices and a hint of sweetness. Great for summer/spring.
IanFriedrichIanFriedrich 4 years ago
If you want compliment fragrance & hate Sauvage.
Do try DHS 2017.
The opening scent a little similar of Bleu de Chanel, but not all of it.

by Matk
by Matk
by Ni409
by Ni409

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior