Dolce Vita 1995Eau de Toilette

Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Serge Mansau
Dolce Vita (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1995. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesMagnolia, Lily of the valley, Rose
Heart Notes Heart NotesApricot, Peach, Cinnamon
Base Notes Base NotesHeliotrope, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by Sani, last update on 12.04.2021.

golden elixir
Dolce Vita is a very, very special perfume for me personally

It is one of the most multifaceted fragrances I know & has a mega recognition value, especially now in a time of lush sweet scents (which I am also very into
Magieodeur
How appropriate is your name!
Unfortunately, I have never been to Italy, but this fragrance embodies for me Italian lifestyle and joie de vivre pure. I spontaneously associate a ride in a convertible along the Amalfi coast, the scent of zirtonenhainen, mixed with a fresh Mediterranean breeze, sun, laughter, dolce vita just ...

Sun, Mediterranean lifestyle and happiness from the flacon, how great :-) !!!

Sweet I find him, thank God, not at all! Although floral-fresh, but also spicy and woody, an absolutely successful synthesis, very stimulating and energizing. Spritzig, also something fruity and still seeeeehr elegant...

The vanilla holds itself discreetly in the background, the fresh, floral and spicy notes pleasantly gently underlining.

Wearable for women of all ages and not only in the summer. So you can get in the dreary autumn or winter also times the sun on the skin and in the soul. Dreamlike...
sheer joy of life
I remember that after it came out, I thought "Dolce Vita" was too well-behaved, not spectacular enough.
Now I was then also in "my best years" and anyway everything was different.
So I was all the more excited, how I would like this fragrance today.
Heikeso was again so sweet and sent me a bottling. This she had received from Floramalia, also one of my dear fragrance friends here: so small is our world here!
Thanks to both of you!
The pyramid reads really beautifully; but how would I feel about this composition now?

It's mid-February, the first slightly milder day back after double-digit subzero temperatures; but the dingy snow is still everywhere. Nothing out of the ordinary, really, but doubly hard to bear given the current isolation and the fact that I had to make closer acquaintance with ice at the very beginning.

So "Dolce Vita" is exactly the right fragrance! Here pure joie de vivre is sprayed: sun and cheerfulness spread immediately hospitable laughing arms!
What a welcome!
A fragrance fabric in the most diverse shades of white develops: from lily of the valley white (the little guy may not be missing in a Dior floral fragrance) to rosy magnolia tone.
The rose is also certainly very bright in bloom: perhaps even in a delicate yellow?
This color palette is translated into fragrance here and finds wonderful partners in the golden ripeness of apricot and peach.
Cinnamon embellishes these two fruit nuances and prepares the fragrance path to the dark purple vanilla flower (heliotrope) to the creamy sensual vanilla tone. - A delicate fragrance dream.
Sandalwood puts him a bright golden crown on and it's ready: the "sweet life"!

How loving and comforting this fragrance creature is these days: just the way it smiles!
How I miss that light-footed floral joie de vivre that "Dolce Vita" so generously exudes.
Durability and sillage correspond to its time of origin: At that time, there was no spilling; even with the floral summer fragrances was luxiriös geklotzt! Simply beautiful!

Just today I read an interview with Dior's "nose" Francois Demachy in the current FAZ magazine.
(Sorry, but I'm still at war with the special characters here!)
Coming from Chanel, he has been the head perfumer of the house of Dior since 2006 and said in this article and the current context:
"Perfume has been around for millions of years; it's always been there. It used to be mystical, had something religious about it. And like food, it's part of people's lives. It's a cultural asset.
You smell the flowers, and they smell nice. But a perfume is more. Just as cuisine is more than nourishment."
I leave him (approvingly) to conclude

Once upon a time was a Dolce Vita
My rate is for the vintage editions, 1996 until 2007, maybe 2010.
I remember how wonderful this creation was in the 90's. I still have a few bottles, all vintage, because the post-2010 editions were completely mutilated. A deep, cheerful, balanced fragrance, a buzz of joy and sunshine in a wonderful bottle. The aroma of apricot and cinnamon, sandalwood and cedar all came together in a unique scent, as we had never encountered in another perfume. The performances are, for the vintage edition, spectacular. The fragrance lasts for hours on the skin, it is transformed, matured, placed in magnetizing layers. Today, apart from the glass, there was nothing left of the legendary Dolce Vita. A shrill scent, but weak in performance, with missing notes, a chemical peach and cinnamon, without finding the sandalwood, apricot and former cedar. It is not worth the high price for the actual edition so if you want to feel what it was like, at first, Dolce Vita, you need to choose a vintage bottle and you will not be disappointed. 9.5 for the vintage, 5.5 for the nowadays edition.

Dolce Vita by Christian Dior
I bought this fragrance last Spring but hadn't worn it until today. For some reason, I was nervous about this one. I had this idea in my head that it was going to be too flowery, too sharp and too sweet.

I should start out by saying that I bought my bottle for such a good price after reading many reviews. Overall, the reviews were positive and that's what made me take a chance on it. I received the newer reformulation so I knew I'd never get to compare it to what the old formulation smelled like but beggers can't be choosers.

Upon first application, I got the coca-cola vibe that so many people talked about but it didn't bother me. I actually kind of liked it and had faith that it would settle after some time had passed and it indeed did. Once it dried down, I could smell the cinnamon. I have to be careful with this note because it tends to not agree with my body chemistry, ending up smelling like bad body odour or strong, savoury food. At first, I thought that was the direction where this was headed but thankfully, I was wrong. It has to be said, that this fragrance is so smooth and so beautifully blended, it sits seamlessly on the skin in a glorious manner. It smells expensive! I find it surprising that this perfume isn't more popular but I'm actually happy that it isn't because I know when I wear it, I'm not going to smell like anybody else. There is a light sweetness which is understated. It doesn't reach out and slap you accross the face like the peach in D&G's The One or the lime in Lempicka's Elle L'Aime. No, it's not screechy here. It's subtle and blends perfectly with the warmth of the cinnamon and the cozy vanilla/sandalwood vibe.

I honestly love this scent. It dries down into something so special. I find it unique in that it doesn't remind me of any other scent that I've tried. There is something comfortable about it, almost like slipping on a favourite item of clothing.

The bottle is cute. I could do without the gold, plastic collar but the actual bottle is classy and playful all at once.

I know that not every scent is meant for everyone and fragrance is subjective in that we all like different things but I'm really happy to have discovered this fragrance!
Facets of life
It must have been 1995.
My sons were still young and the eldest had brought home an unpleasant cold with fever and middle ear infection from kindergarten.
His little brother had not been asked for long and had followed him with all his symptoms.
After a visit to the doctor it was clear
that we had to make ourselves comfortable at home in the coming days.
Together with Benjamin Blümchen I took over the childcare.
I read until we knew the stories by heart, built with Lego and Playmobil or we made other games.
If Benjamin would tell me with loud
TÖÖÖÖÖÖÖ from the cassette recorder,
i devoted myself to the housework and took care of our physical well-being.
The days were filled and passed quickly, but due to sniffing noses and earaches the restful night's rest for all of us failed.
When my husband came home from work on Friday evening, there was no prize to win with me.
After a hot bath I said goodbye relatively fast with Mister Sandman.

The next day we were all much better already and my husband suggested me after lunch that it would do me good to go out for a while - to stroll into town maybe.....He would be there now.
Oh, what a nice offer.
It didn't take long, and I was out the door.

In the city I strolled aimlessly through the shopping streets, but after a week of quarantine I enjoyed the colourful life and was happy to drift without having to get involved myself.
My way led finally into a perfumery, where a friendly saleswoman received me immediately.
She asked me if I already knew the new scent from Dior and if she could spray it on my wrist?
Probably she had recognized by my dark eye rings that a little Dolce vita could not harm me.

The beautiful bottle alone awakened my spirits.
Like a small celestial body it lay in her hand and through the facet-like cut the lights of the perfumery broke in it and sparkled like stars.
The golden yellow liquid promised a delicious elixir and YES, of course I didn't want to refuse this fragrance experience.
So she sprayed and what I experienced was a real firework of aromas.

The fruity sweetness of apricots and peaches,
spicy chords of cinnamon and cardamom,
and the peppery spiciness of carnations poured on me.
Roses and rosewood accompanied by soft vanilla were revealed and again some pleasant sweetness of heliotrope.
Sandalwood, vetiver and patchouli gave a very beautiful, delicate woody note in the drydown, which I only noticed later.
I didn't wait that long to decide to buy.
I wanted to make this bottle of sweet joie de vivre my present.
Yeah, well, in that case, I'll wrap the scent up nice for you, the salesgirl said.

Happily I made my way home and was greeted by my men with stormy joy.
Of course I had a souvenir for everyone and after I had examined all the buildings of the afternoon, I took my present out of my pocket.

The saleswoman had draped numerous stars on a golden plate. In the middle the bright yellow packaging of the bottle was presented, wrapped in Celophan and with a glittering yellow ribbon
locked up.
It should take a few more days,
until I paid enough tribute to my anticipation and opened the box.

I am happy that I can continue to get this fragrance and that I can refresh a beautiful, intense memory again and again.
In the meantime it is only available as Eau de Toilette, but its durability and sillage are extraordinary.
Dolce vita has a high recognition value and stands out clearly from the current fragrance creations.
Its sparkling, fruity - flowery spice keeps what its name promises.
Pure joie de vivre.

tribute to the Fellini's masterpiece
We were in the middle Nineties when this popular and (for me) beloved fragrance came out: when the other fragrances were zen and minimalist , this one surprised with its spicy-woody sweetness and its richness more similar to the famous fragrances of the 80es.
But...focus on the name: "Dolce vita"(sweet life, in Italian) is a tribute to the Fellini's masterpiece "La dolce vita" , famous movie with Anita Ekberg and Marcello Mastroianni where the director tells the story of the roman high society's good life.
This scent is a hymn to happyness and to the carefreeness, just like the famous words pronounced by a black dressed Anita Ekberg having a bath in the trevi fountain: "Marcello, come here!"
This scent opens with a flowery-fruity accord, made immediately warmer by the cardamom . The apricot note is noticeable giving a sense of happyness and juicy joy of life.
Then, the warm base involves your skin and intoxicate your nose with a charming vanilla, sweet and very feminin and not at all sweetish, and a touch of sandalwood . it's like an embrace .A swwt and longlasting embrace .
This fragrance is sunny and "Golden " inside and ouside : the multifaceted "boule" is very refined and precious and this artistic bottle too, just like the wonderful and rich jus, could justify the high price .
This scent is perfect in winter , maybe with a fur, or by night, wearing an elegant and sexy dress just like the great Anita in the Fellini's masterpiece !

Dolce Vita
It opens with a lot of cardamom, which reminds me of Kenzo Jungle l'Elephant. When it dries down, the sandalwood is dominant. The vanilla and the cinnamon are not very strong on me, not that sweet type in L de Lolita, but just enough present to 'feminise' the fragrance. It's a sophisticated and elegant scent, that captures you discretly and then grows on you. The longevity is 8h+ and it doesn't project too much.

Originally written in 2013.

A perfume joining old and new Dolce Vita
Original 1995 Version EDT. Greens of various sorts, sweet white flowers, and cardamom, yes someone pointed that out. That is the special smell. This is a very nice light floral, uncomplicated. Classic and modern at the same time, as many 90´s creations are. This would be lovely on a young woman or older woman. It is a touch sweet for my personal taste, but a very fine creation indeed.

SystemeD
Lightly spiced fruit and wood
I don't remember where, but I once read that Pierre Bourdon submitted one of the early drafts of Shiseido's Féminité du Bois (which he composed with Christopher Sheldrake) to Dior, and it resulted in Dolce Vita.

Whether true or not, it makes sense. The relationship between the two is clear. And though Dolce Vita is a bit more mainstream, and a bit, oh, I don't know, sunnier, I think it's brilliant, too.

Dolce Vita's luscious creaminess is a result of Bourdon's artful blend of spices, fruits and woods. While I do like the opening (a rosy florality is always noticeable to me on first application), what I really love is the rounded fruitiness of the peach/apricot heart, spiked with cinnamon and cardamom, that leads right into that deep, delicious woody base. Most everyone identifies sandalwood as the primary note there, but I smell cedar, and lots of it. (Perhaps it's that Australian sandalwood? I don't know.) So yes, it's quite cedary to me, but there's also a dollop of vanilla there, and some sweet heliotrope.

This is my very favorite from Dior, and I wear it quite regularly as a daytime scent. People smile at me on elevators when they detect it.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Its sweet, warm and woody acchord reminds me of the 90es and my Youth. I had it and I wore it expecially in winter. Lovely

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by KatharinaG
by KatharinaG
by Zora
by Zora
... gebettet in ein zartes Sonnengelb ...
by Gatsby
by Annkom
by Hufing
by Hufing

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior