Dune pour Homme (Eau de Toilette) by Dior

Dune pour Homme 1997 Eau de Toilette

Sdlm
12.06.2022 - 03:43 PM

Oddbird

A little fruity, a little woody, a little herbal, a little soft/sweet spicy. A little fresh? An oddbird for sure. And this is a compliment!

I hate it that designers don’t make ’em like this any more. Daring. Artful. Slightly pushing the envelope. I sprayed Dune this morning and the first thought that arrived was ”proto Aventus”. It’s not Aventus, obviously, but I find a hint of a resemblence in the way freshness mingles with woodsy and herbal elements in Dune.

I guess it’s the fig elements that largely are responsible for the uniqueness of Dune. I really don’t get the supposed ”smell of a beach dune” reference but this might be just me and my limited olfactory impressions of beach dunes. I wear this on warm days when, coincidentally, going to a beach.

Latest Reviews

SdlmSdlm 3 months ago
Havana (Eau de Toilette) - Aramis

Havana (Eau de Toilette) Will grow hair wherever you spray it
Off the bat, this is one of those scents that you need to be able to carry. If not, you’ll come across as the person who smells funny. I wasn’t able pull this one off, I need to admit. In many ways, in this day and age Havana...

SdlmSdlm 3 months ago
Spicebomb - Viktor & Rolf

Spicebomb Cinnamon bubble gum bomb
Very heavy on the cinnamon with some pepperiness and maybe (as it’s not a note that jumps out in this iteration) some tobacco. I’ve not had the chance to test older formulations but I can say the current one leans on the side of synthetic....