Eau Sauvage Cologne 2015

Eau Sauvage Cologne by Dior
Eau Sauvage Cologne is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2015. The scent is citrusy-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Mandarin orangeMandarin orange
Calabrian bergamotCalabrian bergamot
GrapefruitGrapefruit
VetiverVetiver
HedioneHedione
Pink pepperPink pepper
PetitgrainPetitgrain
GalbanumGalbanum

Submitted by Michael, last update on 19.09.2021.

Giggs1980
Thank you for that feeling.
The Eau Sauvage Cologne is the most pleasant
Of the ES line.

Its citrusy notes somehow make me feel like I'm back in the 80s. The fragrance reminds me of my childhood. Something smelled so similar. No idea if it was a fragrance of my father, or a perfume of my mother.

But hardly sprayed on my senses put me in a time machine of the smells and let in my inside pictures from past and beautiful times from the childhood like a slide projection Revue pass.

I can't smell out any individual components. I don't know how some people can just do that. My nose is probably not as trained as others. But in the end, it's the result that counts for me. And that is the total familiarity and a sense of well-being, which rarely triggers a fragrance with me.
Thank you Dior for this fragrance and for this feeling.

My #1 fragrance for the moment
Love at first sniff. As simple as that. The only fragrance that made me think about how Heaven would smell. Maybe it sounds stupid but that's the truth lol.
Lemony, citrusy, floral, a bit woody also.
A hot weather fragrance for sure.
A beauty that makes me feel special. That's why I keep it only for special days/events in my life. Also it has a mature vibe to it.

Performance is subtle. 6 hours are in, maybe a bit more some days with gentle projection throughout the day. For a hot weather, it's just what I need.
Not for everyone, but if you want to smell different, you have to give it a try.

Overall rating : 8.5 / 10

WildGardener
Nose piercing with every bottle
Its hard to imagine how such a pentrating material as grapefruit mercaptan, which I assume is being used here, could possibly be balanced in a harmonious accord.
Even such a talented perfumer as François Demachy with a strong track record : J'Adore, the Ungaro trilogy and many Dior flankers, couldn't pull off the feat of taming this sulphurous beast of a note.

ES Cologne is quite well done in the current ultra-fresh style, and possibly one of the better summer flankers to hit the male shelves this year, but at the end of the day I can't say its good because it hurts my nose.

Ein leichter sommerlicher Duftschleier
by Giggs1980
by Oldish2002
by Oldish2002

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior