Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012

Version from 2012
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior
Top 59 in Men's Perfume
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2012. The scent is spicy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot
Heart Notes Heart NotesSomalian myrrh
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 21.02.2021.

Byronia
Praise be Parfumo and a long journey....
Years ago I bought this fragrance, simply because I liked the color so much, this mossy deep green in the simple, but still noble glass bottle. In the first days I wore it around the clock, I didn't like to part with it. It was as if this scent took me into a deep cave with the earth spirits, where I didn't want to come out. This scent was magical, no, more like mystical.

My environment pointed out to me that this fragrance was more for guys in lumberjack shirts.
And so I let myself breitschlagen and gave this exactly to such.

I purchased the 2017 and liked this one exceptionally well. It had the foreboding of the 2012, but seemed lighter and more womanly.

However, after a while it started to rumble inside me.
After a year, I ordered with the first bottling. Another year later the next. Then it happened that I no longer liked the 2017er so. It was overnight. And still I regretted giving away the original scent.

This scent that was such a treasure to me. when I smell it, it's like I don't need anything else in this world. Then everything is enough for me...

This scent is definitely an herbaceous one (hello ICON), I count the lavender in there too, citrusy it is in the opening, but soon the myrrh and patchouli come in. It's a successful blend of saga, fairy tale and myth. Not of this world. And not for lumberjacks. Because actually so smell elves, fairies and dragon kings.

Thanks to Parfumo, I have now been able to get hold of a bottle. The journey continues...

Marvelous creation.
Another marvelous fragrance from Dior, sadly discontinued in 2017.
I think it's important to keep in mind that this 2012 parfum is not an 'intense' version of the traditional Eau Sauvage. This one is pretty much different and, imo, the main difference here is the masterful simplicity of combining three wonderful masculine notes (bergamot, myrrh and vetiver). The result: a balsamic, exotic, sweet-citrusy masterpiece and, in my opinion, the reason of this release success.
More oriental and a little bit darker than its Extreme 2010 predecesor, with a solid myrrh note, very well combined in the whole of the composition, surrounded by a zesty citrus top and an earthy moist vetiver base. It lasts 8-10 hrs on skin, with a noticeable presence in the first 2 hrs, a versatile and compelling creation. My personal rank 9.5/10, highly recommended.
Dawn
The first sunrays of the approaching spring day break through the thin cloud cover and make their way through the treetops of the coniferous forest. The light of the sun illuminates the green mossy ground of the forest, on whose morning dew the light rays glitter like little diamonds. The forest itself, idyllically situated in a rugged mountain valley, is still surrounded by billowing wafts of mist in the early morning. Surrounded and enclosed by rugged mountain peaks and untouched nature, the icy cold mountain stream ripples down into the valley.
Silence and calm dominate the idyll. Only the rushing of the water, the singing of the birds and the knocking of a woodpecker can be heard. Far away from the hectic pace of everyday life. No people, no cities, no voices, no noise - nothing! The fresh and pure air of the forest fills the lungs. The soft forest floor grounds our innermost self, and we find space and time to return to our source - Return to the Source!
I love to visit such landscapes. To be connected with the forces of nature, to be reminded a bit where our roots are. Puristic, spirit clarifying elements in their pure form...
Since I live in the south of Germany, with the Alps and forests practically on my doorstep, I can visit suitable scenarios and landscapes relatively easily.

Eau Sauvage is now just such an ethereal pacemaker to perfectly support such natural experiences. When I close my eyes and smell the fragrance, I can think of such a place in the sense of an olfactory pause moment.
First and foremost, the eau revitalises with its fresh, slightly citrusy effervescence. Just like the situation of standing next to a mountain stream whose rippling water gently moistens the skin. The moss on the forest floor and at the roots of the trees, still slightly glittering from the morning dew, evokes a mild herbaceous note. Both together make a wonderful prelude.
A green-harsh chord can be perceived rising from the forest floor. Fragrant and steaming under the fog of the trees. Very mild and wonderfully embedded in the early morning hours of the still so young day. The surrounding majestic trees, with their balsamic and resinous presence, determine the whole picture of this landscape, giving the fragrance the necessary depth and intensity. The rugged and angular surrounding mountain landscape makes the fragrance appear sufficiently wild and daring.
So that the incident sunrays again convey warmth to draw the entire impressions soft and filigree, they even create a subtle sweetness.

For me, this is an image that can be manifested when I absorb Eau Sauvage intensively and process it internally. Even the greenish colour of the fragrance fits perfectly to this idea. On the one hand the fragrance conveys an enormously rough and wild side, but on the other hand it also appears very harmonious and balanced. Due to the high balsamic-resinous part in a certain way even calming.
The liquid in the bottle appears relatively oily. In this respect, I assume an appropriate proportion of fragrances. This again is confirmed in the shelf life as well as in the silage. Eau Sauvage lasts a good 6 - 7 hours on my skin with a good perceptibility.
In conclusion, Dior's creation in the 2012 version is for me a successful interpretation of untamed wilderness and gentle nature...

At the wild river...
Let's go back to the source...
The origin of life...
To the rhythm of nature...

...I'm still as weighed out as ever, and I thank you for reading..
CD1810
When Dior was making fragrances with character
I admit that what I'm writing now is perhaps only a tribute to Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) in part and a swan song to the Dior brand in part. Because in addition to Eau Sauvage Parfum I also mention, and not too briefly, the current, very successful fragrances from Mr. Damachy's Dior chemistry set. This is probably forever yesterday and, in addition, quite culturally pessimistic.

But I can't and don't like to do otherwise, because that which just once again delights me on the wrist after a long time has so much strength, stubbornness and character that it deserves a tribute, combined with a swan song to a house that is apparently only able to launch unspecific fragrances at ever shorter intervals.

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum is only eight years old in my version of 2012 and seems to be out of time. Strong bergamot at the beginning is the connection to the wonderfully floating original, but in my case it is accompanied almost instantly by extremely potent myrrh. The latter then very soon pushes strongly into the foreground, leaving only a hint of the original. I like this scratchy, smoky myrrh very much, it makes the fragrance unmistakable and unique. After a good hour it is also only slightly cushioned by a grassy sweetness of vetiver. If you believe the comments on parfumo about the reformulation that appeared five years later, which did away with myrrh and which I don't know, in 2017 (i.e. just three years ago) Eau Sauvage Parfum even managed to improve and accentuate Eau Sauvage Parfum again closer to the original, without giving up its originality and potency. As I said, I can't judge that.

I can say, however, that Dior apparently no longer intends to launch such powerful, high-quality fragrances: even the magnificent Dior Homme recently underwent a complete redesign towards contourlessness. Heaven knows what else LVHM is up to with Homme intense. The very idea gives me the creeps! And about Sauvage and its offshoots I cover the (old, so dusty) cloak of silence.

I suppose that's the problem: Fragrances in the designer area are no longer made for "dusty" people like me or my age (46). All others, who like the "new Dior", are welcome to do so and you may please be lenient with me regarding my tirade on Dior.
But perhaps there are more perfumers I speak or write to from the depths of my soul who are mourning the not-so-long ago days when Dior was still making fragrances with character.

Masterpiece !
Very high quality fragrance! Very rich, dark and distinguished. it testifies to the quality of this line.
The opening of bergamot followed by a dry woody note combined perfectly with the deep and resinous note of myrrh, give this fragrance a unique alluring that i've never smelled before.
Only for the people who know how to be classy. Masterpiece!

Eau Sauvage Parfum Original
In this video review, i cover both 2012 and 2017 versions of this scent and compare the differences between the two, and ultimately which one I prefer a bit more. Sometimes we lament reformulations of our favourite perfumes, is any different here?

Dark & Mysterious...
I find this one an instant hit with people who love interesting perfumes. This just goes to show that time and time again that the house of Dior under Demachy can produce outstanding work - on par with niche. In fact, Eau Sauvage Parfum feels like a niche fragrance. I think that the notes of bergamot, vetiver & myrrh are slightly misleading and simplistic, there is still a trace of the Hedione molecule which is the DNA backbone of the Eau Sauvage line (a synthetic jasmine and bright lemon combination).

Again, this fragrance provides excellent quality for money in my opinion. I find it remarkable in that respect, and in my experience has also given me compliments! I can't really fault it for anything, except perhaps to say that it can be a little heavy if over-applied. I would definitely recommend this not for people still getting into perfume but for men and women out there who have an experienced nose in perfumes. A great sophisticated fragrance for a man and an intriguing one for a woman. There's definitely something dark and mysterious with this one. Reminds me of a man wearing a velvet tuxedo. Mysterious, in control, and with a hint of danger and sexiness. Very very good. An instant hit with perfume-heads and worth well beyond the asking price.

NicosV
One of the best Vetiver based fragrance
Eau Sauvage Parfum has an amazing dark bottle with magnetic cap and a lovely dark green color. Opens with a very strong, dark and smoky citric scent. Later the note that is the most prominent is the myrrh. One of the best Vetiver based fragrance on the market. The more you wear it, the more you love it. It has the best longevity and sillage among Vetiver based fragrances I have ever tried.

Dieaaa
A decent well built pefrume
This is the best perfume that smells classy but young men could handle it's maturity , a myrrh sweet deeply fresh warm all round perfume ! just use it at night time

Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum Review on YouTube
This is my Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 Review on YouTube. I figured it was time to re-review this beast of a flanker to the original classic men's fragrance by Dior from the 1960s. What we have is 3 awesome notes of Bergamot, Myrrh and Vetiver amped up to the max. It's delicious and unique enough to be a completely different scent from the original Eau Sauvage but using just the three important notes from Eau Sauvage to make for an awesome and long-lasting fragrance experience for the man who wants to be bold wearing Eau Sauvage. I highly recommend this release from Dior and anyone who wants potent and beast-mode fragrances should definitely seek out Eau Sauvage Parfum. To find out more about Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 please watch my video. Thank you.

Nik604Nik604 1 month ago
Smells like Alain Delon in his 30 s , very dated , dreadful smell - intrusive and oldschool . but the price is even worst .
Finerthings8Finerthings8 2 months ago
This is really wonderful creation.it is a classy timeless gentlemen fragrance.it is almost from another planet and very close to my heart.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
Intensely aromatic with a fresh citrusy opening and a warm resinous heart made more pungent by a vetiver touch, perfect for the mid season

by Smora
by Onya21
by OleTrufa
by OleTrufa
by Beftus
der für mich beste designerduft, nischenqualität von dior.
by Couchlock
by Omid2am
Zum Ausgehen - der elegante Herrenduft, der nachtsüber unfehlbar funktioniert.
by Raygsoko
by Raygsoko

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior