Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017)

Version from 2017
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior / Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calabrian bergamot, Philippine elemi, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 08.06.2019

10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

BobbyBob
Excellente héritière de la légendaire eau de toilette
Demachy avait réalisé en 2007 Acqua di Parma Intensa, très bon hespéridé (citron, bergamote, cardamome...)
Depuis, pour Dior, après maintes créations et recompositions, souvent meilleures, il recompose une Eau de Parfum de Eau Sauvage.
Cette version 2017, parfois critiquée par les nostalgiques de la version 2012, est plus proche de la fameuse eau de toilette de 1966.
Le coup de génie de Demachy est l'usage de l'elemi, résine notamment citronnée et boisée. Cela donne par moment l'impression d'un citron recomposé car sont présents la bergamote et le cédrat. Mais parfois, le vétiver et la lavande prennent le dessus, comme dans Dior Homme Intense, et rappellent quelque chose cousin de Terre d'Hermès. Cette eau aromatique est plus complexe que tout cela.
Quoi qu'il en soit, par son agencement des essences, nous obtenons un hespéridé à tendance citronnée de très grande tenue - la conséquence du coup de génie de Demachy -, avec un sillage presque parfait, ni trop faible ni trop envahissant, mais avec du feed back.
Elle est praticable dans presque toute circonstance, et tout au long de l'année !
8.0 9.0 9.0 3.0/10

I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
Reminds me of traditional barbershops, A traditional fragrance, I tried so much to accept and live with, but no ... I can not
There is something strange looks distasteful
This fragrance is very strong and lasts for long periods and will get the admiration of others as soon as I wear it, I do not recommend it to anyone, although some consider it a refined perfume ... but from my personal point of view
I do not find it to be upgraded to the rest of the Dior perfumes, I think the odor of aromatic substance comes from Philippine Elemi.
This fragrance is strange ... the opening , same the heart, same the base ... one aromatic line and does not change over several hours.
This is my personal opinion and some people may like it and may not like others, but I loved to share it with you.

6.0 9.0 9.0/10

Strong but not penetrating
The Calabrian bergamot overtones the other scents of this perfume for the first few minutes, but then after a while a powerful, not too intense Elemi and Vetiver scent appears, which lasts throughout the day.
With this perfume, less is not more for me either, more is more here and not disturbing.
I apply 4 - 8 of these sprayed on the upper body, that is enough all day long.
But I have to admit that I first had to try the perfume a few times, but now it is definitely one of my favorites.
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Flaconist92
From the "savage" who came and didn't want to leave anymore
First of all, I have to say that I bought this wonderful perfume as a blind purchase. Not tried before and not had a sample. I wanted to get a woody scent that you could wear all year round. Since I am a big DIOR fan, I have (also in consequence of the good evaluations) simply struck ... and I haven't been disappointed. Here my impressions:

Towards "Bvlgari Man Wood Essence" I can only say: "Watch and learn! That's how you make perfume."
There's no second time for this perfume, and it lives up to its name. While the DIOR "Sauvage" is more of an ambroxan fireworks display, the Eau Sauvage is the "wild" woodcutter's choice. After a whole day of felling, the old forest goblin comes home. The clothes smell resinous.

I picked up the scent on a warm late summer day at 16:30 at the Packstation. Arriving at home, I sprayed a small sprayer on the back of my right hand and on a sheet of paper at 16:45 each. Immediately a warm citric scent flag unfolded. This means: the warm heart note of elemi resin is present from the beginning, but less dominant. The bergamot can be clearly smelled, but the Elemiharz does not trump the acidity so. after 1-2 hours the Vetiver then clicks into place. After about 3 hours I had a shower. The scent afterwards hardly diminishes still on the skin, which does not surprise, since ethereal oils are not water-soluble. The next morning there is still a slightly balsamic resinous-woody breath on the skin. Even 10:30 still clearly perceptible, although Sillage can no longer be spoken of in the meantime. On the sheet of paper you can still smell the scent very strongly. If you spray the scent on the usually colder clothes, you have to reckon with the fact that you have longer the pleasure with it.
The 3 fragrances do not appear intrusive at any time. But the way in which this composition has been put together is unparalleled.
The fragrance can be worn all year round and suits (almost...) any occasion.

Big cinema DIOR !!!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Landlord
Vetiver sometimes warm, mild and seductive
After the original Eau Sauvage hadn't torn me from my stool despite our common birth year and I was horrified by the synthetic grassy Eau Sauvage EdC, I naturally met the 2017 Flanker in perfume concentration with skepticism - and made a stunning discovery!

In the beginning still a little too mainstreamig-sweet with hardly perceptible bergamot and rather gourmandiger Anmutung (however this comes off), the smell plays its full quality out, if after a good hour the Vetiver in interaction with resinous notes takes over the regiment. The warlike picture isn't quite right, though. The vetiver is deep and finely integrated, resinous, spicy, in deeper layers smoky to sniff out. That's male, that's striking, but also differentiated, that doesn't make you flat, that's perfect and leads to a delicate, sweet freshness that just holds the balance of not drifting off into powderiness...

The way I like it, the fragrance development after the somewhat killing prelude is very restrained. Every time I try out this classic masterpiece, I tend to perceive the components in different layers as iridescent. A fascinating scent experience and an aura scent in the best sense!

The Sillage is excellent, forces rather to careful spraying on, in order not to overpacen, and the durability is with 14 hours nearly too long... Nevertheless, "Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017" could be the first fragrance from a designer forge in my collection (with the exception of Hermessencen) and my two more striking Vetivers by Guerlain and Oriza L. Legrand could be placed in the second row if I feel like a deep and warm vetiver, which I also believe to have seductive qualities... one will see...

IanFriedrich 48 days ago
Share the same vetiver vibe with Pour Monsieur EDP, but I love Pour Monsieur EDP which PM EDP has lavender scent that I love.
6.0
6.0
StarA1 172 days ago
It smells very strong, exasperating, infects me with nausea ... This perfume is closer to the fragrances of traditional barbershops+3
9.0