Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017)

Version from 2017
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior / Christian Dior

Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calabrian bergamot, Philippine elemi, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 13.10.2019

9.0 8.0 9.0 9.0/10

The Rebel
Well: I became attentive here on parfumo.de to the smell. I rummaged full of delight in the statements and all the comments. I read so many positive words that yesterday I decided to visit a perfumery nearby and test this classic.
So I drove there and only with the aim to finally sniff out the scent before my eyes. The smart lady at the bar greeted me friendly with the words how she could help me. As I was enjoying a day off, I just came into the fragrance shop with a fresh shower. I put on a pinch of "opium pour homme." Well, this smart lady had guessed the scent... A trained nose! A lady of the trade! Whoa! I'm in good hands here! What I'm looking for, she meant. I described the fragrance I imagined. Then we went to the men's fragrances together. The "current hits" had already flown past us. Now the lady stood with Guerlain. Habit rouge. Another 100 points because I own the EdT. Then we went to Dior. Now the nice lady pulled out the "Eau Sauvage EdT". Left wrist! Fresh and citric. Well-being. But already after a short time -sickly- volatilized. Too bad...
Then she grabbed the eau sauvage perfume. Right wrist. WOW!!! What a bomb. What an explosion that took place! What a special fragrance. And how long the shelf life. The longer it's applied, the better it gets. I was absent for a moment and cruised with my 1960 Chevy Impala on Route 66. Windows open, elbows out and a portion of Southern Rock! Asskickin' Southern Rock.
The nice counselor must have looked at me. Cause she didn't ask me to test another water anymore. That must be it now. Now and not tomorrow. I thought so.
So I told the lady I'd take the scent with pleasure. She's the best counselor I've ever had!
I ran past Mainstream to the checkout and wallowed a little in the dream of before.
The saleswoman - oh yes - by the way, her name is Leonie, packed the scent into a great bag and handed it over to me with a pretty smile.
Now I left the scent house again. With a broad laugh on his cane teeth and a rebel in his pocket.
Cheers!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Norleans
A unique fragrance - in a double sense
Three weeks ago I spent some time again in my nearby favourite shopping centre in Hamburg-Poppenbüttel. It's not like we have more than one mall in this part of town now. But even then, it would be my favorite mall. But I'm digressing again. In any case, my lady of the heart was out and about in a shop genre that I didn't find interesting (women's clothing, for those who were just wondering) and I walked through the local perfume shop of the old-established perfumery family with the "D" at the beginning of the name. For the size of the shop I am always surprised how much space there is for cosmetics and how little space there is for men's fragrances. I think that's probably this "gender" that a lot of people talk about.
I've never looked there specifically for Dior. This time I wanted to move the Eau Sauvage (2017) from my watch list to the wish list and found the small Dior stand almost in the middle of cosmetics. I was no longer sure which one was from which year and which one is now actually wanted to try it out. So I asked the friendly lady with the face contours covering, a touch too thickly applied, make-up. Unfortunately, she was not sure in this case either and had to call for a more experienced colleague. In the meantime I had established a connection to the headquarters (parfumo.de) via the shopping centre WLAN (at "D" the reception is somewhere between telegraphy and GPRS) and was able to answer my question myself before the lady came back and pointed to the wrong bottle. So be it. I was in a good mood, because I could indulge in my favourite pleasure and sniffed me through all the Eau Sauvages as a precaution. Yeah, the 2017 was pretty much my case, though I kind of smelled rice, too. Rice is not my favourite smell now, but that was only the top note. The swank test strip (at the Dior booth they almost have the size of the big Milka XXL packs, I think I at least remember) I put in and took it home with me.

The fragrance developed very beautifully and enveloped our hallway at home with a gourmandy-fresh note. The next morning the stripe still smelled fantastic and I quickly decided to treat myself to a 50ml bottle When I put on the scent a day later in the morning after taking a shower, my wife asked me what was going to stink like that. I told her it couldn't be me, since I was taking a shower. "Maybe the dog let one go" was my guess. No, not at all. She meant a man-made "perfume scent." The scent that made her feel such an unspeakable headache! That's when I had the salad. I had only tested Eau Sauvage on paper, not on my skin. Bad mistake, Norleans! (My wife doesn't call me Norleans, by the way, only briefly on the edge).
If a fragrance causes my wife a headache, that's the death sentence for that fragrance. Then it must never be sprayed in the house again! Beautiful Sche..., uh Malheur. My one day old, beautiful bottle with the great OVP was not allowed to enjoy the company of my other fragrances in the first place. That same evening I advertised it in the souk and found a nice perfume with which I could exchange it for something else nice.
Despite everything, I find Eau Sauvage an incredibly fragrant, almost gourmand scent in the top note, which is unique for me until now. The scent components cannot be distinguished (for my nose). The overall composition results in a true suit scent, actually almost tuxedo scent. Really nice and noble. I find him really great and I am still a bit sad that he will be denied me (with this woman).
The one or other event in the above text is perhaps a bit exaggerated and I love my wife :-) But sometimes a certain odorant is present, which then triggers real headaches. And as a loving husband, I usually choose my wife when in doubt. Except for Noir Anthracite, when Tom had won.
With a big wink I thank you for reading and wish you a nice evening.

9.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Byronia
Adorable scent that looks in vain for its peers
One thing in advance: I'm interested in what a fragrance does to me. But for ESP 2017 I have to go further. First I got the 2012 version. My association (head cinema) was quite clear: the young Alain Delon, who at the time modelled for the classic Eau Sauvage. I bought it blind in Venlo at an excellent price. I liked the bottle and this mossy deep green. This green in which vampires in their velvet jackets used to float their (un)being. Just the thought of being immortal and never aging has something...but I digress...so I opened the bottle and whääääm. I don't know of any scent that'd make such a parade. This fragrance took me after its prelude into a deep dark cave, a primeval cave, animalistic, itself enough. The deepest deep... I didn't want to get out of myself anymore. My environment texted me too, the scent is too masculine, too extreme, too this to that. Yes. He is. And since I wanted to get out of the cave again, it became the 2017 version. A fragrance that successfully reflects the balancing act between old school and modernity. A must have for poets, I can imagine Patti Smith well with it. The 2017 version is the best of all three Eau Sauvages I know. And Sauvage, no Sauvage may be popular, but it's more Pheromone for the masses...Eau Sauvage 2017 is...just adorable...that's it...
10.0 8.0 9.0 9.5/10

BobbyBob
Excellente héritière de la légendaire eau de toilette
Demachy avait réalisé en 2007 Acqua di Parma Intensa, très bon hespéridé (citron, bergamote, cardamome...)
Depuis, pour Dior, après maintes créations et recompositions, souvent meilleures, il recompose une Eau de Parfum de Eau Sauvage.
Cette version 2017, parfois critiquée par les nostalgiques de la version 2012, est plus proche de la fameuse eau de toilette de 1966.
Le coup de génie de Demachy est l'usage de l'elemi, résine notamment citronnée et boisée. Cela donne par moment l'impression d'un citron recomposé car sont présents la bergamote et le cédrat. Mais parfois, le vétiver et la lavande prennent le dessus, comme dans Dior Homme Intense, et rappellent quelque chose cousin de Terre d'Hermès. Cette eau aromatique est plus complexe que tout cela.
Quoi qu'il en soit, par son agencement des essences, nous obtenons un hespéridé à tendance citronnée de très grande tenue - la conséquence du coup de génie de Demachy -, avec un sillage presque parfait, ni trop faible ni trop envahissant, mais avec du feed back.
Elle est praticable dans presque toute circonstance, et tout au long de l'année !
8.0 9.0 9.0 3.0/10

I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
Reminds me of traditional barbershops, A traditional fragrance, I tried so much to accept and live with, but no ... I can not
There is something strange looks distasteful
This fragrance is very strong and lasts for long periods and will get the admiration of others as soon as I wear it, I do not recommend it to anyone, although some consider it a refined perfume ... but from my personal point of view
I do not find it to be upgraded to the rest of the Dior perfumes, I think the odor of aromatic substance comes from Philippine Elemi.
This fragrance is strange ... the opening , same the heart, same the base ... one aromatic line and does not change over several hours.
This is my personal opinion and some people may like it and may not like others, but I loved to share it with you.

6.0 9.0 9.0/10

Strong but not penetrating
The Calabrian bergamot overtones the other scents of this perfume for the first few minutes, but then after a while a powerful, not too intense Elemi and Vetiver scent appears, which lasts throughout the day.
With this perfume, less is not more for me either, more is more here and not disturbing.
I apply 4 - 8 of these sprayed on the upper body, that is enough all day long.
But I have to admit that I first had to try the perfume a few times, but now it is definitely one of my favorites.
8.0 8.0 10.0 9.0/10

Flaconist92
From the "savage" who came and didn't want to leave anymore
First of all, I have to say that I bought this wonderful perfume as a blind purchase. Not tried before and not had a sample. I wanted to get a woody scent that you could wear all year round. Since I am a big DIOR fan, I have (also in consequence of the good evaluations) simply struck ... and I haven't been disappointed. Here my impressions:

Towards "Bvlgari Man Wood Essence" I can only say: "Watch and learn! That's how you make perfume."
There's no second time for this perfume, and it lives up to its name. While the DIOR "Sauvage" is more of an ambroxan fireworks display, the Eau Sauvage is the "wild" woodcutter's choice. After a whole day of felling, the old forest goblin comes home. The clothes smell resinous.

I picked up the scent on a warm late summer day at 16:30 at the Packstation. Arriving at home, I sprayed a small sprayer on the back of my right hand and on a sheet of paper at 16:45 each. Immediately a warm citric scent flag unfolded. This means: the warm heart note of elemi resin is present from the beginning, but less dominant. The bergamot can be clearly smelled, but the Elemiharz does not trump the acidity so. after 1-2 hours the Vetiver then clicks into place. After about 3 hours I had a shower. The scent afterwards hardly diminishes still on the skin, which does not surprise, since ethereal oils are not water-soluble. The next morning there is still a slightly balsamic resinous-woody breath on the skin. Even 10:30 still clearly perceptible, although Sillage can no longer be spoken of in the meantime. On the sheet of paper you can still smell the scent very strongly. If you spray the scent on the usually colder clothes, you have to reckon with the fact that you have longer the pleasure with it.
The 3 fragrances do not appear intrusive at any time. But the way in which this composition has been put together is unparalleled.
The fragrance can be worn all year round and suits (almost...) any occasion.

Big cinema DIOR !!!
9.0 8.0 8.0 9.5/10

Landlord
Vetiver sometimes warm, mild and seductive
After the original Eau Sauvage hadn't torn me from my stool despite our common birth year and I was horrified by the synthetic grassy Eau Sauvage EdC, I naturally met the 2017 Flanker in perfume concentration with skepticism - and made a stunning discovery!

In the beginning still a little too mainstreamig-sweet with hardly perceptible bergamot and rather gourmandiger Anmutung (however this comes off), the smell plays its full quality out, if after a good hour the Vetiver in interaction with resinous notes takes over the regiment. The warlike picture isn't quite right, though. The vetiver is deep and finely integrated, resinous, spicy, in deeper layers smoky to sniff out. That's male, that's striking, but also differentiated, that doesn't make you flat, that's perfect and leads to a delicate, sweet freshness that just holds the balance of not drifting off into powderiness...

The way I like it, the fragrance development after the somewhat killing prelude is very restrained. Every time I try out this classic masterpiece, I tend to perceive the components in different layers as iridescent. A fascinating scent experience and an aura scent in the best sense!

The Sillage is excellent, forces rather to careful spraying on, in order not to overpacen, and the durability is with 14 hours nearly too long... Nevertheless, "Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017" could be the first fragrance from a designer forge in my collection (with the exception of Hermessencen) and my two more striking Vetivers by Guerlain and Oriza L. Legrand could be placed in the second row if I feel like a deep and warm vetiver, which I also believe to have seductive qualities... one will see...

StarA1 10 months ago
It smells very strong, exasperating, infects me with nausea ... This perfume is closer to the fragrances of traditional barbershops+3
9.0