Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017)

Version from 2017
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior

Top 29 in Men's Perfume
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Hedione, Wild flowers
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Philippine elemi, Labdanum, Star anise, Cinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 06.07.2020.

Citric-powdery-resinous WUCHT
It's World Fragrance Day 2020 and I just had to spray on my favourite perfume still in production, even though the season is the wrong one. A spray in the left crook of your arm, in the morning at about 9 o'clock. Now it is 7 pm and it still smells and projects strongly. I will take a shower in the morning and I know I will still be able to smell it afterwards. One of my very few fragrances that last this long. And yet the scent is gentle, yet masculine without being even a hint of animal. Pretty linear. Very well mixed. Elegant. Adult. The Sillage is practically constant good for many, many hours, not room filling, rather limited to 50cm to 1m.

I love wearing it on a day I spend at home. Applied in the morning, 2 sprays are enough, a discreet, but always well noticeable scent cloud follows me until late in the evening. If I wear it outside, then at least with a shirt. Actually, tie and suit belong to it, which is not my thing and not a duty at work. There I would rather attract attention and collect sayings like "probably have a job interview ;)".

It fits well to the winter half year, i.e. for our latitudes from about mid-September to about the end of March, day or evening.
The colour of the liquid fits very well, I perceive it as yellow and slightly creamy.

With its enormous performance and the rarity with which I use such top fragrances, my two 100ml flacons will probably last for a few more decades and give special days a special note.

If I had to give away all but two of the fragrances (for reasons I can't figure out, as I always do with these mind games), then I would keep exactly this one - and the 2012 version, which I value even higher.
Salva
And it immediately went BOOM!
Hello friends,

for a long time I was an ardent fan of the Bleu de Chanel EdP and wore it for some years as a kind of "signature" fragrance. The composition of aromatic freshness as well as tart wood notes is one of the mixes that mMn can always reach for and be worn without any problems every day and on every occasion. But I noticed weaknesses in the durability and sillage of my 2nd bottle at BdC EdP; whether there was a reformulation or not I can't say, in any case it didn't last as long as my 1st bottle. Therefore I gave it back in the end and with a heavy heart. Even though I still consider his scent DNA as one of the best...

Now, of course, I wanted a "replacement" for my BdC EdP; a fragrance that was similarly fresh and woody at the same time. In my search for this, I came across the Eau Sauvage series while reading through and rummaging around...

"Oh, look at these noble old men's bottles...", I thought, as I randomly searched around here and came across the picture of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017), among others. I still remember exactly when, about 1.5 years ago, I didn't even pay attention to the whole line in all the department stores and perfumeries. Because I thought they were "old men's" fragrances; and for the simple reason that I associated their bottles with the rather older generation of my sex mates.

But the ratings and especially the scents here have given me a very safe and good feeling. In the meantime, I have developed a good feeling for which fragrances I might or might not like - especially after reading the fragrance pyramid. So several weeks ago I ordered a set of 4 samples, including that Eau Sauvage perfume (2017).
[...]

I immediately sprayed all 4 on my arms; 2 on the left, 2 on the right. First of all I held my nose where I sprayed the Eau Sauvage Perfume (2017), because that's the one I was most curious about...

"BOOM!" Yeah, he knocked me out right away, but so what? It's like when a square-jawed boxer hits you in the face with a big punch. And I'm like, "Dude, it's you! WOW!"
But of course I didn't want to be influenced exclusively by the top note, so I let the fragrance stay on me throughout the day in order to research the development of the fragrance more closely. So I still sprayed myself with 5 splashes in the neck and neck area and went to the door.
[...]

This citric opening with the bergamot and orange in the top note is fresh and powerful at the same time and simply unbelievably good! It opens tart and bitter, but in a very fresh way, which I really like. The lavender as well as the wild flowers give the fragrance a slightly balsamic touch, which I perceive easily right after the top note. They give the fragrance additional pleasant freshness, but in a slightly woody and flowery way. But after a while, the vetiver and elemi resin become the main protagonists of this incredibly great fragrance. Then it becomes masculine woody and makes the fragrance so perfect for me. The elemi resin gives it a minimal peppery-spicy touch, but without losing its citric-fresh opening. And the vetiver is additionally responsible for the intense, long-lasting, woody-balsamic character.
[...]

After I had used up my sample within only a few days, I naturally ordered a 100ml bottle. And I am so happy to have discovered this fragrance for myself. The other eau sauvages didn't interest me at all, because this one is mine! My new "signature" fragrance, if you like...

Not only the fragrance itself, but also the durability and silage have convinced me completely in my decision to buy a bottle. It stays on my skin for 9-10 hours (with 6-7 splashes); the silage is super strong in the first 4-5 hours, after that it can still be smelled very well close to the skin.
Conclusion:
Dear women (if a lady is reading this), get this fragrance for your men! Even though many of my sex mates (except the crazy ones here, of course!) are not perfume-wearers by nature, they will all love it. Because mMn he is qualitatively so good that you can't like him as a man with at least 30 years of age, both feet firmly planted in life. Who would like to have only one fragrance, here you go, this one would be one of them. Because it is wearable for every occasion, in every season and in every situation.
[...]

And as always, thanks to all who have read so far!

LG
Mikadomann
A day at the seminar, or: La vie et rien d'autre
Today in the seminar -

The desk becomes a picnic blanket,
in the coffee cup foams cider,
the ivy spreads the scent of a mountain meadow,
the desk lamp provides sunlight heat,
cézanne painted the annual calendar,
the entries in the diary are noted by Proust
and the mailman looks like Delon from behind.
The administrative employee makes a phone call in French
and on the way to the copier I throw the blue-striped sweater over me.
With a light hand I open the cover, because I want to feel the wind of the elevator.
The sea is only one floor away "Come on, get in!" I laugh And we're racing down the serpentines.
La vie et rien d'autre...

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
In this video review, i cover both 2012 and 2017 versions of this scent and compare the differences between the two, and ultimately which one I prefer a bit more. Sometimes we lament reformulations of our favourite perfumes, is any different here?

The Rebel
Well: I became attentive here on parfumo.de to the smell. I rummaged full of delight in the statements and all the comments. I read so many positive words that yesterday I decided to visit a perfumery nearby and test this classic.
So I drove there and only with the aim to finally sniff out the scent before my eyes. The smart lady at the bar greeted me friendly with the words how she could help me. As I was enjoying a day off, I just came into the fragrance shop with a fresh shower. I put on a pinch of "opium pour homme." Well, this smart lady had guessed the scent... A trained nose! A lady of the trade! Whoa! I'm in good hands here! What I'm looking for, she meant. I described the fragrance I imagined. Then we went to the men's fragrances together. The "current hits" had already flown past us. Now the lady stood with Guerlain. Habit rouge. Another 100 points because I own the EdT. Then we went to Dior. Now the nice lady pulled out the "Eau Sauvage EdT". Left wrist! Fresh and citric. Well-being. But already after a short time -sickly- volatilized. Too bad...
Then she grabbed the eau sauvage perfume. Right wrist. WOW!!! What a bomb. What an explosion that took place! What a special fragrance. And how long the shelf life. The longer it's applied, the better it gets. I was absent for a moment and cruised with my 1960 Chevy Impala on Route 66. Windows open, elbows out and a portion of Southern Rock! Asskickin' Southern Rock.
The nice counselor must have looked at me. Cause she didn't ask me to test another water anymore. That must be it now. Now and not tomorrow. I thought so.
So I told the lady I'd take the scent with pleasure. She's the best counselor I've ever had!
I ran past Mainstream to the checkout and wallowed a little in the dream of before.
The saleswoman - oh yes - by the way, her name is Leonie, packed the scent into a great bag and handed it over to me with a pretty smile.
Now I left the scent house again. With a broad laugh on his cane teeth and a rebel in his pocket.
Cheers!
Norleans
A unique fragrance - in a double sense
Three weeks ago I spent some time again in my nearby favourite shopping centre in Hamburg-Poppenbüttel. It's not like we have more than one mall in this part of town now. But even then, it would be my favorite mall. But I'm digressing again. In any case, my lady of the heart was out and about in a shop genre that I didn't find interesting (women's clothing, for those who were just wondering) and I walked through the local perfume shop of the old-established perfumery family with the "D" at the beginning of the name. For the size of the shop I am always surprised how much space there is for cosmetics and how little space there is for men's fragrances. I think that's probably this "gender" that a lot of people talk about.
I've never looked there specifically for Dior. This time I wanted to move the Eau Sauvage (2017) from my watch list to the wish list and found the small Dior stand almost in the middle of cosmetics. I was no longer sure which one was from which year and which one is now actually wanted to try it out. So I asked the friendly lady with the face contours covering, a touch too thickly applied, make-up. Unfortunately, she was not sure in this case either and had to call for a more experienced colleague. In the meantime I had established a connection to the headquarters (parfumo.de) via the shopping centre WLAN (at "D" the reception is somewhere between telegraphy and GPRS) and was able to answer my question myself before the lady came back and pointed to the wrong bottle. So be it. I was in a good mood, because I could indulge in my favourite pleasure and sniffed me through all the Eau Sauvages as a precaution. Yeah, the 2017 was pretty much my case, though I kind of smelled rice, too. Rice is not my favourite smell now, but that was only the top note. The swank test strip (at the Dior booth they almost have the size of the big Milka XXL packs, I think I at least remember) I put in and took it home with me.

The fragrance developed very beautifully and enveloped our hallway at home with a gourmandy-fresh note. The next morning the stripe still smelled fantastic and I quickly decided to treat myself to a 50ml bottle When I put on the scent a day later in the morning after taking a shower, my wife asked me what was going to stink like that. I told her it couldn't be me, since I was taking a shower. "Maybe the dog let one go" was my guess. No, not at all. She meant a man-made "perfume scent." The scent that made her feel such an unspeakable headache! That's when I had the salad. I had only tested Eau Sauvage on paper, not on my skin. Bad mistake, Norleans! (My wife doesn't call me Norleans, by the way, only briefly on the edge).
If a fragrance causes my wife a headache, that's the death sentence for that fragrance. Then it must never be sprayed in the house again! Beautiful Sche..., uh Malheur. My one day old, beautiful bottle with the great OVP was not allowed to enjoy the company of my other fragrances in the first place. That same evening I advertised it in the souk and found a nice perfume with which I could exchange it for something else nice.
Despite everything, I find Eau Sauvage an incredibly fragrant, almost gourmand scent in the top note, which is unique for me until now. The scent components cannot be distinguished (for my nose). The overall composition results in a true suit scent, actually almost tuxedo scent. Really nice and noble. I find him really great and I am still a bit sad that he will be denied me (with this woman).
The one or other event in the above text is perhaps a bit exaggerated and I love my wife :-) But sometimes a certain odorant is present, which then triggers real headaches. And as a loving husband, I usually choose my wife when in doubt. Except for Noir Anthracite, when Tom had won.
With a big wink I thank you for reading and wish you a nice evening.

Byronia
Adorable scent that looks in vain for its peers
One thing in advance: I'm interested in what a fragrance does to me. But for ESP 2017 I have to go further. First I got the 2012 version. My association (head cinema) was quite clear: the young Alain Delon, who at the time modelled for the classic Eau Sauvage. I bought it blind in Venlo at an excellent price. I liked the bottle and this mossy deep green. This green in which vampires in their velvet jackets used to float their (un)being. Just the thought of being immortal and never aging has something...but I digress...so I opened the bottle and whääääm. I don't know of any scent that'd make such a parade. This fragrance took me after its prelude into a deep dark cave, a primeval cave, animalistic, itself enough. The deepest deep... I didn't want to get out of myself anymore. My environment texted me too, the scent is too masculine, too extreme, too this to that. Yes. He is. And since I wanted to get out of the cave again, it became the 2017 version. A fragrance that successfully reflects the balancing act between old school and modernity. A must have for poets, I can imagine Patti Smith well with it. The 2017 version is the best of all three Eau Sauvages I know. And Sauvage, no Sauvage may be popular, but it's more Pheromone for the masses...Eau Sauvage 2017 is...just adorable...that's it...

BobbyBob
Excellente héritière de la légendaire eau de toilette
Demachy avait réalisé en 2007 Acqua di Parma Intensa, très bon hespéridé (citron, bergamote, cardamome...)
Depuis, pour Dior, après maintes créations et recompositions, souvent meilleures, il recompose une Eau de Parfum de Eau Sauvage.
Cette version 2017, parfois critiquée par les nostalgiques de la version 2012, est plus proche de la fameuse eau de toilette de 1966.
Le coup de génie de Demachy est l'usage de l'elemi, résine notamment citronnée et boisée. Cela donne par moment l'impression d'un citron recomposé car sont présents la bergamote et le cédrat. Mais parfois, le vétiver et la lavande prennent le dessus, comme dans Dior Homme Intense, et rappellent quelque chose cousin de Terre d'Hermès. Cette eau aromatique est plus complexe que tout cela.
Quoi qu'il en soit, par son agencement des essences, nous obtenons un hespéridé à tendance citronnée de très grande tenue - la conséquence du coup de génie de Demachy -, avec un sillage presque parfait, ni trop faible ni trop envahissant, mais avec du feed back.
Elle est praticable dans presque toute circonstance, et tout au long de l'année !

I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
I would not like this fragrance and I could not love it
Reminds me of traditional barbershops, A traditional fragrance, I tried so much to accept and live with, but no ... I can not
There is something strange looks distasteful
This fragrance is very strong and lasts for long periods and will get the admiration of others as soon as I wear it, I do not recommend it to anyone, although some consider it a refined perfume ... but from my personal point of view
I do not find it to be upgraded to the rest of the Dior perfumes, I think the odor of aromatic substance comes from Philippine Elemi.
This fragrance is strange ... the opening , same the heart, same the base ... one aromatic line and does not change over several hours.
This is my personal opinion and some people may like it and may not like others, but I loved to share it with you.

Strong but not penetrating
The Calabrian bergamot overtones the other scents of this perfume for the first few minutes, but then after a while a powerful, not too intense Elemi and Vetiver scent appears, which lasts throughout the day.
With this perfume, less is not more for me either, more is more here and not disturbing.
I apply 4 - 8 of these sprayed on the upper body, that is enough all day long.
But I have to admit that I first had to try the perfume a few times, but now it is definitely one of my favorites.

MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 29 days ago
0.5
Very heavy hand on the bergamot that gives it the dreaded "old man smell" in my opinion. Very similar to Le 3rd by Caron. Try before buying!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 172 days ago
Very good and probably the leading fragrance of all the Eau Sauvage line. The Vetiver and the balsamic-spicy lemony Elemi note are great!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 181 days ago
A star anise dominant frag that is absolutely amazing.... probably my new favourite
KimJongKimJong 6 months ago
Resolute atmosphere. Bright citrus, lavender and etc are just seasonings. It's a masculine vetiver scent that flows from a stiffened elemi.
StarA1StarA1 19 months ago
It smells very strong, exasperating, infects me with nausea ... This perfume is closer to the fragrances of traditional barbershops

Duftmoleküle
by Kenshin
by StarA1
by StarA1

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior