Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017

Version from 2017
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior
Top 43 in Men's Perfume
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Hedione, Wild flowers
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Philippine elemi, Labdanum, Star anise, Cinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 07.04.2021.

Lemon meets liquorice
It starts neatly citrusy. But right from the start with a woody-spicy undertone that you immediately know where the hare runs long. The "wild water" leaves no doubt about his motto - Oldschool!
So who is not on classic fragrances, should rather leave the fingers of it.

As the top note wears off and the middle fights its way through, I have an association. Licorice!
And the association persists even the second time I wear it. To me, this fragrance is a licorice scent.... - with lemon. Even though the former note is nowhere near the stated scent notes.

Finally, I'm thinking of slightly spicy soap.

And so then, after about 7 hours, the journey ends with the "wild water", the (with-)rushing stream of lemon and licorice.

I like it

Modern masterpiece!
A true gentlemen's fragrance, doesn't matter how old you are, if you carry yourself with maturity and a sense of nobility, this is the fragrance for you. I wear this to work with confidence, it projects well and it leaves a trail of it's smoothness for 7+ hours. One of my signature fragrances that will always be in the collection.
A true masterpiece!
10/10

A vivid vetiver
Absolute freshness... such a full and vibrant Vetiver note that shines. After about 20 minutes it starts to meld with the other notes and almost reminds me of absinthe... don’t ask me why, but it does...

It’s definitely one you wear in a serious scenario... It feels like a boss scent... like one who doesn’t mess around. THE ABSOLUTE ALPHA.

I think it can work in all seasons, you just have to be in the right situation.

Projection is humongous... easily 6ft plus.... sillage is the same... they will know you were there... and longevity is monsterous as well...

Not going to be for everyone, but in my opinion it’s awesome.

Razvanyke
The smell of the modern gentleman
This beautiful barbeshop scent starts with a burst of citrus, probably the high quality bergamot and then it stays present with lavender and hedione.

I really enjoy the DNA of Eau Sauvage and I can say that when I was 20, I was not so crazy about it but now over 30 I do like it so this is not a youthful smell.

The longevity is great, the sillage is great and the bottle looks very classy. On top, the cap is magnetic.

Lukbab
Dior Sauvage for grown-ups!
I have never smelled Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 version. I just keep hearing and reading that it was much better than 2017 version. So I checked the websites, heard all the comments and reviews and decided to buy it.

Now I have to confess - 80 % of my fragrances were bought blindly. I like the moment it arrives and I do sort of know what to expect but still it is a pleasant surprise to feel the fragrance for the first time and knowing I made the right purchase. So when Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum arrived I was excited...

...And then dissapointed. Is this it? I sprayed it on my hand, and I all I could fell was a candided lemon. It fell dated, synthetic and boring. I decided to wait and went to work. After 2 hours the magic started to happen. Lemon slightly faded and resinous notes were pushing forward! WOW, that`s something! Dark, warm, slightly creamy and extremely elegant. I finally understood to all the reviews - this fragrance is amazing. Whenever I want to make a business statement I wear this. When I want to feel like a boss I wear this...

Eau Sauvage Parfum is not for younger crowd, it lack the fun of Dior Sauvage EDT/EDP, but that doesn`t mean it does not deserve it`s place on the market. Actually I believe that for managers (35+) this must be preffered scent. Why? Well, this does not get dated, this will be amazing 10, 20 years later. Will Dior Sauvage? And how great has to be the 2012 version?

Scent: 9,5/10
Performance: 10/10
Sillage: 9/10
Value: 8/10 (I bought it for 78 €/100ml)
Dior Eau Sauvage, a fragrance whose great-grandfather I do not know
Yes I know, many swear by the EDT of Eau Sauvage. To be honest, I'm not going to get into it in the foreseeable future. Even on purpose. Because with classic EDTs created before 1970, I've always had nothing left but the hype of the eternally loyal people who have known these fragrances personally since that time. I understand that of course, but I don't belong to that group
Eau Sauvage EDP 2017 here at the start. For the 2012 creation I was too late and Vintage is not my thing. I like to stay modern and on the ravages of time when it comes to perfume. Apart from a few exceptions, which reach into my childhood/youth.
The individual notes do not reveal themselves to me in their entirety even after they have been worn appropriately. Cinnamon note I smelled out. Vetiver as well. Also the resinous core, here elemi-resin, stands out clearly. I can locate Bergamot in the top note. The other listed notes are still to be fathomed. I still have a journey ahead of me with this fragrance, but I am very satisfied with it so far and will use it more often.
Hereby I have added a fragrance to my collection that also has depth, even a heaviness that I don't know from other fragrances in my collection. It's not about childishness, but about hidden romance, absinthe, and feelings that men sometimes don't want to admit to themselves. Absinthe. I choose this word carefully. Because this perfume reminds me of excellent green Absinthes, so-called Absinthe Verte, which only in younger years have found a stronger global distribution and can throw off the gimmicky reputation of the 90s mythical party music. Can Diors Eau Sauvage EDP also throw off the reputation of the past? Can the fragrance inspire younger people who then age with it? I am not able to interpret this answer. You have to find it out for yourself, let time prepare the way.

I believe this fragrance will accompany me for a long time, because the deeper secrets have to be discovered. Even though the 2017 EDP version may smell and feel different to the classic 66 EDT formula for connoisseurs, I don't think the age that is found here can be denied as a gift to the modern zeitgeist. You can tell that the fragrance is based on an older concept. If only the word retro wasn't so cheesy.
Time will tell if Eau Sauvage EDP will be able to win against Homme Intense some day. Not yet. Nevertheless, this perfume here is a very beautiful and profound fragrance experience that I would like to take with me into old age
MfG
The Orange78
Miloxys
The woman among men's fragrances
I just can't understand that smell. It's fresh, citrusy, woody, vanilla, sweet, masculine, feminine, sometimes a little bit. I suppose describing nuclear fission would be easier than explaining this scent. The opening is fresh, masculine and very mature - ideal for 50+. But what's coming all of a sudden? Slightly sweet, powdery, playful, then masculine again. What's really weird is that over time the perfume smells completely different than at the beginning. The longer you wear the perfume, the younger it gets. The problem is, I can't really perceive the perfume. It sort of fades away and then it's back again
CONCLUSION: I wouldn't buy more because it completely overwhelms me. The fragrance is somehow intangible to me and it feels to me as if I would apply a new perfume every hour. The composition fits extremely well, but nothing for me as a 31-year-old. I need consistency.
Heavenly and Male
Another of my first loves in the world of fragrances. For me this fragrance has a magical effect, which triggers an endorphin avalanche.
Unfortunately the durability here leaves much to be desired, unfortunately.
Flacon: Noble
Durability and Sillage: unfortunately only ok, otherwise this would be my top scent.
A holiday in Provence
Vacation and immediately to the southeast of France, whether by car or by spraying a perfume. I have often experienced both and the rule is always: the longer you stay, the better! The fact is that Eau Sauvage Perfume is eternal. The durability is above average and makes this fragrance one of the most potent in my collection. On my skin the durability is 12-14 hours. The Sillage is also extremely good with 4-5 hours and room filling already with 3 sprays.

Strongly shining lavender fields in the sun, wild flowers, the chirping of cicadas, organs and a woody/resinous - green scent. This is Provence and that's how Eau Sauvage perfume smells to me. Despite this summery description, I would rather wear it from September to spring. Thanks to its impressive performance, it also manages colder days without problems.

The classic flacon is of a very high quality and noble design (as one is used to from Dior fragrances). The green color inside goes very well with the fragrance. The compliment factor is extremely high with this masculine scent, whether man or woman, it goes down very well with both sexes. Whether friends/acquaintances or complete strangers, one is addressed regularly. No surprise, after all Provence is something very special, just like Eau Sauvage Parfum!
5.5
Disappointing in comparison with Dior Eau Sauvage Eau de Toilette
Very briefly - I am new; but only here. In real life, I arrived in late summer. I'm not so fond of flowery descriptions, short stories and basic substances listed according to the element system - I describe what goes through my head when I smell a certain perfume
I bought the Dior Eau Sauvage perfume because I was really enthusiastic about the Dior Eau Sauvage Eau de Toilette. I actually use it every day - at least during the warm seasons. In the cold seasons, I switch to Marlboro from Tumper.

In any case, the Dior Eau Sauvage Eau Parfum should replace the EdT of the same manufacturer on special occasions. But I was and am so disappointed.....The perfume has nothing but nothing in common with the EdT. Neither do I smell lemon or orange or any similarity. It just smells like cheap cologne. I tried it several times - after weeks, after months, in the evening, in the morning...it's as if I bought a completely different perfume from a completely different manufacturer, a completely different scent.

I'm just irritated that so many people find this Dior Eau Sauvage perfume so good and I'm really not sure if I'm making a mistake in thinking or if I just expected something else.

Bashke81Bashke81 2 months ago
If you want to smell like a pro in a suit and tie then look no further. This is truely a modern barbershop done right!
10/10
Nik604Nik604 3 months ago
A blast from the deep past, it is like the time machine - one sniff and you are back in the Cary Grant times..too expensive and old school .
Finerthings8Finerthings8 7 months ago
This is a superb creation.It is almost from other world.notes works so harmoniously. Real gentleman fragrance,always will be in my top 10.
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 10 months ago
0.5
Very heavy hand on the bergamot that gives it the dreaded "old man smell" in my opinion. Very similar to Le 3rd by Caron. Try before buying!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 1 year ago
Very good and probably the leading fragrance of all the Eau Sauvage line. The Vetiver and the balsamic-spicy lemony Elemi note are great!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
A star anise dominant frag that is absolutely amazing.... probably my new favourite
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Resolute atmosphere. Bright citrus, lavender and etc are just seasonings. It's a masculine vetiver scent that flows from a stiffened elemi.
StarA1StarA1 2 years ago
It smells very strong, exasperating, infects me with nausea ... This perfume is closer to the fragrances of traditional barbershops

Annäherung 2
by Camey5000
Einer der wenigen „Lebensdüfte“, die ich für immer und ewig tragen werde...
by Salva
Duftmoleküle
by Camey5000
The Wild Bunch: Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017, Eau de Toilette, Lotion après Rasage, Baume après Rasage, Crème à Raser & Deodorant Stick.
by EauSavage
by Kenshin
by StarA1
by StarA1

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior