Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017

Version from 2017
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior
Top 42 in Men's Perfume
Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2017. The scent is citrusy-woody. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesCalabrian bergamot, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesLavender absolute, Hedione, Wild flowers
Base Notes Base NotesVetiver, Philippine elemi, Labdanum, Star anise, Cinnamon

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 16.01.2021.

Lukbab
Dior Sauvage for grown-ups!
I have never smelled Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum 2012 version. I just keep hearing and reading that it was much better than 2017 version. So I checked the websites, heard all the comments and reviews and decided to buy it.

Now I have to confess - 80 % of my fragrances were bought blindly. I like the moment it arrives and I do sort of know what to expect but still it is a pleasant surprise to feel the fragrance for the first time and knowing I made the right purchase. So when Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum arrived I was excited...

...And then dissapointed. Is this it? I sprayed it on my hand, and I all I could fell was a candided lemon. It fell dated, synthetic and boring. I decided to wait and went to work. After 2 hours the magic started to happen. Lemon slightly faded and resinous notes were pushing forward! WOW, that`s something! Dark, warm, slightly creamy and extremely elegant. I finally understood to all the reviews - this fragrance is amazing. Whenever I want to make a business statement I wear this. When I want to feel like a boss I wear this...

Eau Sauvage Parfum is not for younger crowd, it lack the fun of Dior Sauvage EDT/EDP, but that doesn`t mean it does not deserve it`s place on the market. Actually I believe that for managers (35+) this must be preffered scent. Why? Well, this does not get dated, this will be amazing 10, 20 years later. Will Dior Sauvage? And how great has to be the 2012 version?

Scent: 9,5/10
Performance: 10/10
Sillage: 9/10
Value: 8/10 (I bought it for 78 €/100ml)
Dior Eau Sauvage, a fragrance whose great-grandfather I do not know
Yes I know, many swear by the EDT of Eau Sauvage. To be honest, I'm not going to get into it in the foreseeable future. Even on purpose. Because with classic EDTs created before 1970, I've always had nothing left but the hype of the eternally loyal people who have known these fragrances personally since that time. I understand that of course, but I don't belong to that group
Eau Sauvage EDP 2017 here at the start. For the 2012 creation I was too late and Vintage is not my thing. I like to stay modern and on the ravages of time when it comes to perfume. Apart from a few exceptions, which reach into my childhood/youth.
The individual notes do not reveal themselves to me in their entirety even after they have been worn appropriately. Cinnamon note I smelled out. Vetiver as well. Also the resinous core, here elemi-resin, stands out clearly. I can locate Bergamot in the top note. The other listed notes are still to be fathomed. I still have a journey ahead of me with this fragrance, but I am very satisfied with it so far and will use it more often.
Hereby I have added a fragrance to my collection that also has depth, even a heaviness that I don't know from other fragrances in my collection. It's not about childishness, but about hidden romance, absinthe, and feelings that men sometimes don't want to admit to themselves. Absinthe. I choose this word carefully. Because this perfume reminds me of excellent green Absinthes, so-called Absinthe Verte, which only in younger years have found a stronger global distribution and can throw off the gimmicky reputation of the 90s mythical party music. Can Diors Eau Sauvage EDP also throw off the reputation of the past? Can the fragrance inspire younger people who then age with it? I am not able to interpret this answer. You have to find it out for yourself, let time prepare the way.

I believe this fragrance will accompany me for a long time, because the deeper secrets have to be discovered. Even though the 2017 EDP version may smell and feel different to the classic 66 EDT formula for connoisseurs, I don't think the age that is found here can be denied as a gift to the modern zeitgeist. You can tell that the fragrance is based on an older concept. If only the word retro wasn't so cheesy.
Time will tell if Eau Sauvage EDP will be able to win against Homme Intense some day. Not yet. Nevertheless, this perfume here is a very beautiful and profound fragrance experience that I would like to take with me into old age
MfG
The Orange78
Miloxys
The woman among men's fragrances
I just can't understand that smell. It's fresh, citrusy, woody, vanilla, sweet, masculine, feminine, sometimes a little bit. I suppose describing nuclear fission would be easier than explaining this scent. The opening is fresh, masculine and very mature - ideal for 50+. But what's coming all of a sudden? Slightly sweet, powdery, playful, then masculine again. What's really weird is that over time the perfume smells completely different than at the beginning. The longer you wear the perfume, the younger it gets. The problem is, I can't really perceive the perfume. It sort of fades away and then it's back again
CONCLUSION: I wouldn't buy more because it completely overwhelms me. The fragrance is somehow intangible to me and it feels to me as if I would apply a new perfume every hour. The composition fits extremely well, but nothing for me as a 31-year-old. I need consistency.
Heavenly and Male
Another of my first loves in the world of fragrances. For me this fragrance has a magical effect, which triggers an endorphin avalanche.
Unfortunately the durability here leaves much to be desired, unfortunately.
Flacon: Noble
Durability and Sillage: unfortunately only ok, otherwise this would be my top scent.
A holiday in Provence
Vacation and immediately to the southeast of France, whether by car or by spraying a perfume. I have often experienced both and the rule is always: the longer you stay, the better! The fact is that Eau Sauvage Perfume is eternal. The durability is above average and makes this fragrance one of the most potent in my collection. On my skin the durability is 12-14 hours. The Sillage is also extremely good with 4-5 hours and room filling already with 3 sprays.

Strongly shining lavender fields in the sun, wild flowers, the chirping of cicadas, organs and a woody/resinous - green scent. This is Provence and that's how Eau Sauvage perfume smells to me. Despite this summery description, I would rather wear it from September to spring. Thanks to its impressive performance, it also manages colder days without problems.

The classic flacon is of a very high quality and noble design (as one is used to from Dior fragrances). The green color inside goes very well with the fragrance. The compliment factor is extremely high with this masculine scent, whether man or woman, it goes down very well with both sexes. Whether friends/acquaintances or complete strangers, one is addressed regularly. No surprise, after all Provence is something very special, just like Eau Sauvage Parfum!
5.5
Disappointing in comparison with Dior Eau Sauvage Eau de Toilette
Very briefly - I am new; but only here. In real life, I arrived in late summer. I'm not so fond of flowery descriptions, short stories and basic substances listed according to the element system - I describe what goes through my head when I smell a certain perfume
I bought the Dior Eau Sauvage perfume because I was really enthusiastic about the Dior Eau Sauvage Eau de Toilette. I actually use it every day - at least during the warm seasons. In the cold seasons, I switch to Marlboro from Tumper.

In any case, the Dior Eau Sauvage Eau Parfum should replace the EdT of the same manufacturer on special occasions. But I was and am so disappointed.....The perfume has nothing but nothing in common with the EdT. Neither do I smell lemon or orange or any similarity. It just smells like cheap cologne. I tried it several times - after weeks, after months, in the evening, in the morning...it's as if I bought a completely different perfume from a completely different manufacturer, a completely different scent.

I'm just irritated that so many people find this Dior Eau Sauvage perfume so good and I'm really not sure if I'm making a mistake in thinking or if I just expected something else.
Citric-powdery-resinous WUCHT
It's World Fragrance Day 2020 and I just had to spray on my favourite perfume still in production, even though the season is the wrong one. A spray in the left crook of your arm, in the morning at about 9 o'clock. Now it is 7 pm and it still smells and projects strongly. I will take a shower in the morning and I know I will still be able to smell it afterwards. One of my very few fragrances that last this long. And yet the scent is gentle, yet masculine without being even a hint of animal. Pretty linear. Very well mixed. Elegant. Adult. The Sillage is practically constant good for many, many hours, not room filling, rather limited to 50cm to 1m.

I love wearing it on a day I spend at home. Applied in the morning, 2 sprays are enough, a discreet, but always well noticeable scent cloud follows me until late in the evening. If I wear it outside, then at least with a shirt. Actually, tie and suit belong to it, which is not my thing and not a duty at work. There I would rather attract attention and collect sayings like "probably have a job interview ;)".

It fits well to the winter half year, i.e. for our latitudes from about mid-September to about the end of March, day or evening.
The colour of the liquid fits very well, I perceive it as yellow and slightly creamy.

With its enormous performance and the rarity with which I use such top fragrances, my two 100ml flacons will probably last for a few more decades and give special days a special note.

If I had to give away all but two of the fragrances (for reasons I can't figure out, as I always do with these mind games), then I would keep exactly this one - and the 2012 version, which I value even higher.
Salva
And it immediately went BOOM!
Hello friends,

for a long time I was an ardent fan of the Bleu de Chanel EdP and wore it for some years as a kind of "signature" fragrance. The composition of aromatic freshness as well as tart wood notes is one of the mixes that mMn can always reach for and be worn without any problems every day and on every occasion. But I noticed weaknesses in the durability and sillage of my 2nd bottle at BdC EdP; whether there was a reformulation or not I can't say, in any case it didn't last as long as my 1st bottle. Therefore I gave it back in the end and with a heavy heart. Even though I still consider his scent DNA as one of the best...

Now, of course, I wanted a "replacement" for my BdC EdP; a fragrance that was similarly fresh and woody at the same time. In my search for this, I came across the Eau Sauvage series while reading through and rummaging around...

"Oh, look at these noble old men's bottles...", I thought, as I randomly searched around here and came across the picture of Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017), among others. I still remember exactly when, about 1.5 years ago, I didn't even pay attention to the whole line in all the department stores and perfumeries. Because I thought they were "old men's" fragrances; and for the simple reason that I associated their bottles with the rather older generation of my sex mates.

But the ratings and especially the scents here have given me a very safe and good feeling. In the meantime, I have developed a good feeling for which fragrances I might or might not like - especially after reading the fragrance pyramid. So several weeks ago I ordered a set of 4 samples, including that Eau Sauvage perfume (2017).
[...]

I immediately sprayed all 4 on my arms; 2 on the left, 2 on the right. First of all I held my nose where I sprayed the Eau Sauvage Perfume (2017), because that's the one I was most curious about...

"BOOM!" Yeah, he knocked me out right away, but so what? It's like when a square-jawed boxer hits you in the face with a big punch. And I'm like, "Dude, it's you! WOW!"
But of course I didn't want to be influenced exclusively by the top note, so I let the fragrance stay on me throughout the day in order to research the development of the fragrance more closely. So I still sprayed myself with 5 splashes in the neck and neck area and went to the door.
[...]

This citric opening with the bergamot and orange in the top note is fresh and powerful at the same time and simply unbelievably good! It opens tart and bitter, but in a very fresh way, which I really like. The lavender as well as the wild flowers give the fragrance a slightly balsamic touch, which I perceive easily right after the top note. They give the fragrance additional pleasant freshness, but in a slightly woody and flowery way. But after a while, the vetiver and elemi resin become the main protagonists of this incredibly great fragrance. Then it becomes masculine woody and makes the fragrance so perfect for me. The elemi resin gives it a minimal peppery-spicy touch, but without losing its citric-fresh opening. And the vetiver is additionally responsible for the intense, long-lasting, woody-balsamic character.
[...]

After I had used up my sample within only a few days, I naturally ordered a 100ml bottle. And I am so happy to have discovered this fragrance for myself. The other eau sauvages didn't interest me at all, because this one is mine! My new "signature" fragrance, if you like...

Not only the fragrance itself, but also the durability and silage have convinced me completely in my decision to buy a bottle. It stays on my skin for 9-10 hours (with 6-7 splashes); the silage is super strong in the first 4-5 hours, after that it can still be smelled very well close to the skin.
Conclusion:
Dear women (if a lady is reading this), get this fragrance for your men! Even though many of my sex mates (except the crazy ones here, of course!) are not perfume-wearers by nature, they will all love it. Because mMn he is qualitatively so good that you can't like him as a man with at least 30 years of age, both feet firmly planted in life. Who would like to have only one fragrance, here you go, this one would be one of them. Because it is wearable for every occasion, in every season and in every situation.
[...]

And as always, thanks to all who have read so far!

LG
Mikadomann
A day at the seminar, or: La vie et rien d'autre
Today in the seminar -

The desk becomes a picnic blanket,
in the coffee cup foams cider,
the ivy spreads the scent of a mountain meadow,
the desk lamp provides sunlight heat,
cézanne painted the annual calendar,
the entries in the diary are noted by Proust
and the mailman looks like Delon from behind.
The administrative employee makes a phone call in French
and on the way to the copier I throw the blue-striped sweater over me.
With a light hand I open the cover, because I want to feel the wind of the elevator.
The sea is only one floor away "Come on, get in!" I laugh And we're racing down the serpentines.
La vie et rien d'autre...

Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017
In this video review, i cover both 2012 and 2017 versions of this scent and compare the differences between the two, and ultimately which one I prefer a bit more. Sometimes we lament reformulations of our favourite perfumes, is any different here?

Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
This is very special and unique parfume for me. It is almost from other world. it develops beautifully. Real gentleman fragrance
MeetjoeblackMeetjoeblack 7 months ago
0.5
Very heavy hand on the bergamot that gives it the dreaded "old man smell" in my opinion. Very similar to Le 3rd by Caron. Try before buying!
Carlitos01Carlitos01 12 months ago
Very good and probably the leading fragrance of all the Eau Sauvage line. The Vetiver and the balsamic-spicy lemony Elemi note are great!
Amazon1975Amazon1975 1 year ago
A star anise dominant frag that is absolutely amazing.... probably my new favourite
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
Resolute atmosphere. Bright citrus, lavender and etc are just seasonings. It's a masculine vetiver scent that flows from a stiffened elemi.
StarA1StarA1 2 years ago
It smells very strong, exasperating, infects me with nausea ... This perfume is closer to the fragrances of traditional barbershops

Annäherung 2
by Camey5000
Duftmoleküle
by Camey5000
Einer der wenigen „Lebensdüfte“, die ich für immer und ewig tragen werde...
by Salva
The Wild Bunch: Eau Sauvage Parfum 2017, Eau de Toilette, Lotion après Rasage, Baume après Rasage, Crème à Raser & Deodorant Stick.
by EauSavage
by Kenshin
by StarA1
by StarA1

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior