Fahrenheit 1988Eau de Toilette

Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Marie-Christine de Sayn-Wittgenstein
Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 1988. The scent is woody-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Camomile, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Mace, Hawthorn, Cedar, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Violet leaf, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Musk, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.10.2020.

Old is not bad here
Today I bought a bottle of Fahrenheit for the first time in 30 years. Already when spraying it on, it smells a bit unpleasant what didn't smell that way 30 years ago. I smelled it over and over again and the smell looked familiar. It smells like in my grandfather's home workshop, like metal, oil and grease. But my grandmother had just walked through with generously applied violet perfume. After applying it several times, I notice the bergamot and sandalwood and the scent starts to appeal to me again. For every occasion and for every season but best not daily otherwise you could end up like me. After a few bottles Joop! Homme came on the market and I have never worn a Fahrenheit again, until now
Long live the '90s
I simply have an enormous emotional connection to Fahrenheit. The fragrance has accompanied me through my wild time in the 90s. Even though the fragrance was more common back then, it was always a statement and not mainstream. I would like to see more courage from designers today, because that's the only way to bring such unique fragrances to the market.

I think Fahrenheit is a deep scent with a woody, leathery opening that gets fresher as it progresses. The performance is top. I still love the scent. In fact I still get compliments. I like to wear it when I go out. In the office I would recommend something more discreet. You don't smell Fahrenheit as often these days. The smell is still a statement! I hope Fahrenheit doesn't fall victim to Dior's "reformation mania"!
Dsarfase
...the pickle at the gas station..
Fahrenheit for me is still "the fragrance", there is always a spare bottle in the bathroom. Fortunately, it is rarely worn these days. I am often asked by the young girls what is that beautiful smell of cucumber. So you stand out. For me Fahrenheit just smells like gasoline. Like E30 engine compartment. Mega... Unfortunately the usual EDT doesn't last very long. You pay a lot of money for such a small bottle of retro-scent, I would like to have a little more performance. I have found a so called "Fehrenheigh" in the Czech Republic on the Vietnamese market, it was a perfect copy, lasts the whole day in contrast to the original and cost only 5 Euro (200ml) ...
2020Antiope
A real classic and THE fragrance for lively gentlemen - age doesn't matter!
Fahrenheit is a fragrance that has been on the market for decades and rightly so! I still like to sniff it and when a gentleman with this scent passes me by, I involuntarily turn my head and give the flâneur a bright smile, because interestingly enough, I have never "caught" an ordinary man with this scent! Which is not to say that all Fahrenheit wearers are or have to be unusually extraordinary; a gentleman can be a gentleman at 20; I interpret this definition simply with manners and a willingness to treat a woman like a queen.
The warm and pleasant aura with which Fahrenheit wraps its wearer is masculine and amber, but not pushy, but flatteringly irresistible, giving its wearer a touch of the adventurer, even if he does not have a three-day beard!
You see, gentlemen, I recommend this fragrance to you; wear it, even if it's just for once to try it out; it's all a matter of taste, as you know. But if you want to wear it, I recommend that you apply it at least half an hour before leaving the house, because Fahrenheit has a longer start-up time and is only really present after a good half hour.
So far my memories; however, should this fragrance also have been changed in recent years, please forgive my passion for this scent; I always liked to "crawl" up Fahrenheit men to nibble on their earlobes........!
Jusch1995
The Bad boy fragrance for those who don't want to be a bad boy
It's a thing with Fahrenheit, if you see him standing on a crowded, well-assorted fragrance shelf, your gaze often wanders over him and gets stuck on a modern, fresh, safe fragrance.
Every now and then, however, he wanders back to the beautiful, red-orange mottled iconic bottle and a question arises. Am I ready for Fahrenheit today?
Admittedly the fragrance is not a fragrance that can be called ''everybody's darling''. It corners, consciously and determinedly, almost as if it wants to challenge the wearer to approach the leathery, deep scent with self-confidence and not to be led by the opinion of strangers.

If you dare, however, you will be rewarded with such a unique fragrance, which is a statement in itself. It is one of those fragrances that is designed to reinforce memories and, when a whiff is accidentally perceived, a face of forgotten times appears.
For me, the fragrance stands for a balmy summer evening, just warm enough, but not too warm to wear a leather jacket, enjoying the last sunrays of the past day, slightly alcoholized to welcome the natural lethargy of the evening.
It's one of those scents that you're not supposed to like, but you always find yourself taking a breeze because you just can't get away from it. Comparable to the smell of a new car or a leather shoe up to a felt crayon.
The fragrance touches on a deep level, if you smell it with another person you are immediately captured, briefly paralyzed and nostalgically wallowing in memories.
Yes, Fahrenheit is not a fragrance for everyday life or the first job interview and yes the wearer needs a certain self-confidence to wear it, but even in 2020 there is no other fragrance for me that can satisfy this unique combination.
The starch and silage are also above average. Applied in the morning, even after a long day, until evening a wave of the sweetish scent blows into your nose without ever being too intrusive and without changing its basic essence.
I can only recommend to everyone to try this fragrance and let it work. The top note can be a bit daunting at first and definitely doesn't compete with the modern, attention-grabbing, pleasant-trimmed scents in the boutiques.
However, if you get involved with this creedibile, honest scent, you get to know a friend who is always there for you when you need him. A bad boy image to apply, for all those who don't really want to be a bad boy
1.5
Oy vey
Today I took a close look at Fahrenheit, because a friend of mine was so enthusiastic about it. So let's get to work. Sprayed it gently on my skin. What followed wasn't pretty. Fahrenheit bit my nasal mucosa. All I could smell was petrol. I closed my eyes and saw my father before me. He was a truck driver and smelled exactly the same when he came back from the tour. A little bit like oil and most of all, like gasoline. My mother then stuffed him into the tub (giggling) and washed his clothes. I really wonder which of you men voluntarily want to smell like that and spend money for it
Harrock
Can a mid 20s today still have a fragrance from the 80s celebrations ?
I was born in 1996 so I'm just 24 years old... i didn't have much use for perfume until I was 18... I grew up at my mother's house so I have never met men with fragrances of the 80's and 90's who have certainly worn some fathers ... So how do I get to Fahrenheit? Actually my generation should be more into Sauvage, 1 million or Aventus ...
Now let me put it this way.
Before Fahrenheit, Sauvage came .
Anyway, in my time... I dealt with fragrances more intensively during my training. I had only worn CK One for years before and at some point I got bored with it... so I started looking for the most popular men's fragrances... and well, there was never any mention of Fahrenheit, only Sauvage... also 1 Million, Eros, JPG Aqua di Gio etc you know them all... if you look at a handful of these (top 10 men's fragrances) from Jeremy Fragrance or Andrenen YouTubern you will get a quick overview of what's going on.
So I went in to Douglas and tried all these scents... and in the end it was Halt Sauvage. Sauvage is good. It smells great and it lasts. Plus, it wasn't mainstream then like it is now, so I went with it...
After I emptied the first bottle of 60ml I wanted to get a new bottle but stopped in front of the Dior fragrance shelf and thought "why not? Why not try an older fragrance? It should smell like gasoline ... that would be quite unique ... You can smell Sauvage on every corner by now..." however, at first I only got the shower gel from Fahrenheit...
(Here a short probs to the developers of the shower gel ... the thing is a bomb... Your whole bathroom smells like Fahrenheit ultra nice)
That shower gel really took me by surprise. it just smelled great ...
So in to Douglas and Zack bought 50ml .
And what can I say... Just like the shower gel Fahrenheit is simply a horny scent, the lavender actually smells slightly of gasoline but I find it cool ... the scent convinced me... And it lasts all day... Did I ever get a negative comment like "You smell old" or "You smell like my father"? No... probably the time of Fahrenheit is over anyway... hardly any of my generation still knows him so he has the same possibilities as in 88... so why not wear older fragrances anymore? Many scents were dead hyped and the mainstream could not smell these scents anymore... but today some of them might deserve a renaissance, because they are simply good scents no matter if 70s, 80s or 90s ... Many people are looking for unique fragrances that the mainstream doesn't know ... why not get some old classics out again?

A straight 10!
I have never smelled this perfume before and I got the chance now, wow what a scent. I am not sure if it reminds me of good childhood times or about someone dear to me in life but I have such a good feeling wearing it. It is manly, classy and goes well with casual wearing more than suit, I have the Reflection Man for that. For me this is a perfect 10, it has a low cost, about 90€ for 200ml, absolute fantastic smell, good longevity and the DIOR quality.

I am in my 30s and I find it perfect for me, maybe it is not good for 20s becasue it has a mature feeling

Rolk70
Myriad of notes (80's classic)
A late 80's scent I sampled at a department store recently that I was not crazy about but I know I will probably learn to enjoy with time. The leather note is a bit too strong for me but it's probably the way it mixes with the violet, cedar and the myriad of other notes in this timeless classic.

One of the best...ever!
Imagine the perfect fragrance for a confident man who knows what he wants. Now repeat with me: FAHRENHEIT. And thats it. No need to say more. One of the best fragrances ever made. The only downside its the performance. I would like to have the vintage formula of this one.

DemeteraDemetera 1 day ago
Feels old, but well aged, not outdated at all. Smells like leathery-earthy-smoky-gasoline 100% love or hate type, but there is lot to love.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 11 days ago
Love at second sniff . Daring and unusual especially for a designer brand .
Eliot65Eliot65 17 days ago
I had a vintage bottle, latest bottles from 19/20 are great, very close to it, they have great smell, longevity and sillage WELL DONE DIOR
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 92 days ago
Just tried layering this with Dior Homme EDT (2011) today. A match made in heaven! The leather got amped up, with more floral nuances.
HubertGHubertG 8 months ago
Top 10 lifetime fragrances, classic but different, masterpiece from Dior.
NGL7NGL7 11 months ago
Black leather jacket and Chevy Camaro: " 'cos if you wanna run cool
If you wanna run cool, you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel"
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 13 months ago
You love it or You hate it. Nothing between this. Strong, spicy, masculine scent with lots of licquorice aroma. Parfum is much better.
TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
I am amazed Jordan Peterson does not mention this to his fans. Solves any masculinity crisis.
ElysiumElysium 17 months ago
You either love it or hate it! The worlds' most contested cologne with its petrol vibe, so manly yet so womanly. I happen to adore it.
Oscarsh86Oscarsh86 19 months ago
I have the vintage. It's stronger and longer lasting.

Von Zora inspiriert, vielen Dank!
by Scottie
by Minea
Mensch, wer hat den jetzt wieder in der Sonne stehen lassen?
by Gandix
Mann, der brennt aber die Speiseröhre runter...
by Mustang69
Uralter Mini, aber der Duft ist benzinfrisch wie am ersten Tag :-)
by Pistazieneis
Abendglut
by Rasierwasser
Für Fresh...ein bisschen Maskulin und ein bisschen Vintage Mercedes Benz 230 SL Pagode
by Kylesa
by Sniffler
by Toreter
by Toreter

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior