Fahrenheit 1988Eau de Toilette

Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Marie-Christine de Sayn-Wittgenstein
Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 1988. The scent is woody-leathery. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Camomile, Lavender, Mandarin orange, Mace, Hawthorn, Cedar, Lemon
Heart Notes Heart NotesCarnation, Honeysuckle, Jasmine, Lily of the valley, Nutmeg, Sandalwood, Violet leaf, Cedar
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Leather, Musk, Patchouli, Tonka bean, Vetiver

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 22.01.2021.

Micha1984
My life essence and the scent for life... But why only always gasoline?
Fahrenheit, an experience of a special kind. A fragrance that you either love or hate. There is no in between here and you have to be ready for him. This was the case for me very early on and since our first encounter, it has been my memory ever since. I had already written a comment about it in the past, but it pissed off one or the other here, which is why I deleted it again. Therefore, I will only refer to my experience with restraint and try, after a short introduction, to describe the scent as I perceive it. I first noticed Fahrenheit in the late 90s because my stepfather wore and owned it at the time. The scent grabbed me and intrigued me from the first moment. So I associate my youth, my growing up, many great moments and situations with it. Almost no other fragrance brings me back, figuratively and mentally to so many situations as this pearl here. His special character makes him out and just not for every man (s) portable or even bearable. Since he is so concise and special and accompanies me half my life and he is afflicted with so many memories, he has become my Lebeselexier, my signature fragrance.

About the fragrance itself... Many compare Fahrenheit with the smell of gasoline, a garage or used oil... Well I work myself in a workshop and know the daily smells of the above-mentioned liquids and I must unfortunately disagree. Fahrenheit smells primarily of leather, chamomile and violet to me. These notes are very noticeable especially in the top notes, although even then, a slightly woody undertone of cedar and vetiver can be heard. Towards the middle, a nice earthy woodiness opens up, at least in my nose, which I would attribute to the vetiver, accompanied by some spicy nutmeg. The drydown for me is a subtle mix of earthiness, woodiness and a subtle tonka - leather note. That is my perception of this fragrance and for me he awakens, if at all, only in the good old vintage version very distant associations with a petrol note what is probably due to the violet or was.

H+S are I think no longer a comparison with the version of the 90s, because there it was a monster. Nevertheless, I can not complain with my current version regarding lack of or underground H+S. On me, the scent holds with 4 sprays well over 10h+ whereby he projects very well in the first 3-4 hours and is only slowly quiet.

The bottle... i think you do not need to say much about it. Simple, unspectacular but still a good reflection of what is inside. The spray head is not the best and could atomize finer.

Finally, it remains to write that Dior has created here a fragrance that, despite its age, has not fallen into the mainstream, like other colleagues aka 1 Million, Acqua Di Gio or Sauvage.... Its rough edges have since saved it from becoming a dead worn crowdpleaser. As long as he exists, he will always belong to me, just like my memories, my experiences, my life. Thanks for reading. :)
This is how my E46 M3 smells
It's been a long time, but now the fragrance is back in my collection.
I can not help myself, when I close my eyes, it smells first of the engine compartment of my beloved M3 and after a while the sensation moves to the interior to the gray-black leather. Unfortunately, however, it was only a short trip, so about 150 km, there were namely only just under 20 liters in the tank.
Eyes on, I stand on this fragrance, but the durability could be better.
But you can refuel yes ....

Dior Fahrenheit
Love to overspray this one! Sporting a ridiculous amount of accords, nothing else smells like Fahrenheit and for me it remains the most creative men's fragrance from the house of Dior.

I prefer to wear it in warmer weather when my chest hair can roam free through a wide open collar.

4 stars
Hegen
Who doesn't like to sniff gas?
Look, you're running on fumes, we need to fill up. No problem, I've got some Fahrenheit here, that will get us to the next gas station. Yeah, it's crazy, this smell really does smell like gasoline. I didn't believe it before I tested it, but it's real But in combination with the fruity lemon and bergamot it smells so good that it is almost addictive. The pleasant leather note is also very successful. I love Fahrenheit. My late grandfather must have worn this fragrance all the time, at least Fahrenheit reminds me of him. But in my opinion, the fragrance is also suitable for a younger age group (no teenagers).

Dior Fahrenheit: A Classic Masterpiece
For more than 30 years and going, there is still nothing like Fahrenheit, and there never will be. Timeless and elegant, Fahrenheit is still as modern and important as it was in the '80s.

Here are my 5 quick takes:

- Niche fragrance hiding in a designer bottle
- A Floral Leather scent family with great longevity
- Created by Jean-Louis Sieuzac and Michel Almairac
- It can be used all year round
- A business casual perfume for experienced noses

It is a surprisingly affordable and widely available niche scent under the designer's name. If you are interested in my perfume work, and would like to check out the full review, you can find me on my scentgrail website and social media's under the Scent Grail name. Cheers.
Old is not bad here
Today I bought a bottle of Fahrenheit for the first time in 30 years. Already when spraying it on, it smells a bit unpleasant what didn't smell that way 30 years ago. I smelled it over and over again and the smell looked familiar. It smells like in my grandfather's home workshop, like metal, oil and grease. But my grandmother had just walked through with generously applied violet perfume. After applying it several times, I notice the bergamot and sandalwood and the scent starts to appeal to me again. For every occasion and for every season but best not daily otherwise you could end up like me. After a few bottles Joop! Homme came on the market and I have never worn a Fahrenheit again, until now
Long live the '90s
I simply have an enormous emotional connection to Fahrenheit. The fragrance has accompanied me through my wild time in the 90s. Even though the fragrance was more common back then, it was always a statement and not mainstream. I would like to see more courage from designers today, because that's the only way to bring such unique fragrances to the market.

I think Fahrenheit is a deep scent with a woody, leathery opening that gets fresher as it progresses. The performance is top. I still love the scent. In fact I still get compliments. I like to wear it when I go out. In the office I would recommend something more discreet. You don't smell Fahrenheit as often these days. The smell is still a statement! I hope Fahrenheit doesn't fall victim to Dior's "reformation mania"!
Dsarfase
...the pickle at the gas station..
Fahrenheit for me is still "the fragrance", there is always a spare bottle in the bathroom. Fortunately, it is rarely worn these days. I am often asked by the young girls what is that beautiful smell of cucumber. So you stand out. For me Fahrenheit just smells like gasoline. Like E30 engine compartment. Mega... Unfortunately the usual EDT doesn't last very long. You pay a lot of money for such a small bottle of retro-scent, I would like to have a little more performance. I have found a so called "Fehrenheigh" in the Czech Republic on the Vietnamese market, it was a perfect copy, lasts the whole day in contrast to the original and cost only 5 Euro (200ml) ...
2020Antiope
A real classic and THE fragrance for lively gentlemen - age doesn't matter!
Fahrenheit is a fragrance that has been on the market for decades and rightly so! I still like to sniff it and when a gentleman with this scent passes me by, I involuntarily turn my head and give the flâneur a bright smile, because interestingly enough, I have never "caught" an ordinary man with this scent! Which is not to say that all Fahrenheit wearers are or have to be unusually extraordinary; a gentleman can be a gentleman at 20; I interpret this definition simply with manners and a willingness to treat a woman like a queen.
The warm and pleasant aura with which Fahrenheit wraps its wearer is masculine and amber, but not pushy, but flatteringly irresistible, giving its wearer a touch of the adventurer, even if he does not have a three-day beard!
You see, gentlemen, I recommend this fragrance to you; wear it, even if it's just for once to try it out; it's all a matter of taste, as you know. But if you want to wear it, I recommend that you apply it at least half an hour before leaving the house, because Fahrenheit has a longer start-up time and is only really present after a good half hour.
So far my memories; however, should this fragrance also have been changed in recent years, please forgive my passion for this scent; I always liked to "crawl" up Fahrenheit men to nibble on their earlobes........!
Jusch1995
The Bad boy fragrance for those who don't want to be a bad boy
It's a thing with Fahrenheit, if you see him standing on a crowded, well-assorted fragrance shelf, your gaze often wanders over him and gets stuck on a modern, fresh, safe fragrance.
Every now and then, however, he wanders back to the beautiful, red-orange mottled iconic bottle and a question arises. Am I ready for Fahrenheit today?
Admittedly the fragrance is not a fragrance that can be called ''everybody's darling''. It corners, consciously and determinedly, almost as if it wants to challenge the wearer to approach the leathery, deep scent with self-confidence and not to be led by the opinion of strangers.

If you dare, however, you will be rewarded with such a unique fragrance, which is a statement in itself. It is one of those fragrances that is designed to reinforce memories and, when a whiff is accidentally perceived, a face of forgotten times appears.
For me, the fragrance stands for a balmy summer evening, just warm enough, but not too warm to wear a leather jacket, enjoying the last sunrays of the past day, slightly alcoholized to welcome the natural lethargy of the evening.
It's one of those scents that you're not supposed to like, but you always find yourself taking a breeze because you just can't get away from it. Comparable to the smell of a new car or a leather shoe up to a felt crayon.
The fragrance touches on a deep level, if you smell it with another person you are immediately captured, briefly paralyzed and nostalgically wallowing in memories.
Yes, Fahrenheit is not a fragrance for everyday life or the first job interview and yes the wearer needs a certain self-confidence to wear it, but even in 2020 there is no other fragrance for me that can satisfy this unique combination.
The starch and silage are also above average. Applied in the morning, even after a long day, until evening a wave of the sweetish scent blows into your nose without ever being too intrusive and without changing its basic essence.
I can only recommend to everyone to try this fragrance and let it work. The top note can be a bit daunting at first and definitely doesn't compete with the modern, attention-grabbing, pleasant-trimmed scents in the boutiques.
However, if you get involved with this creedibile, honest scent, you get to know a friend who is always there for you when you need him. A bad boy image to apply, for all those who don't really want to be a bad boy

BertolucciKBertolucciK 2 months ago
The scent from my teenage years is characterized by a powerful opening with a petrol vibe. In the drydown, a slightly smoked earthy leather.
DemeteraDemetera 3 months ago
Feels old, but well aged, not outdated at all. Smells like leathery-earthy-smoky-gasoline 100% love or hate type, but there is lot to love.
Finerthings8Finerthings8 4 months ago
Love at second sniff . Daring and unusual especially for a designer brand .
Eliot65Eliot65 4 months ago
I had a vintage bottle, latest bottles from 19/20 are great, very close to it, they have great smell, longevity and sillage WELL DONE DIOR
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 6 months ago
Just tried layering this with Dior Homme EDT (2011) today. A match made in heaven! The leather got amped up, with more floral nuances.
HubertGHubertG 11 months ago
Top 10 lifetime fragrances, classic but different, masterpiece from Dior.
NGL7NGL7 1 year ago
Black leather jacket and Chevy Camaro: " 'cos if you wanna run cool
If you wanna run cool, you got to run
On heavy, heavy fuel"
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 1 year ago
You love it or You hate it. Nothing between this. Strong, spicy, masculine scent with lots of licquorice aroma. Parfum is much better.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
I am amazed Jordan Peterson does not mention this to his fans. Solves any masculinity crisis.
ElysiumElysium 2 years ago
You either love it or hate it! The worlds' most contested cologne with its petrol vibe, so manly yet so womanly. I happen to adore it.

Von Zora inspiriert, vielen Dank!
by Scottie
by Minea
Mensch, wer hat den jetzt wieder in der Sonne stehen lassen?
by Gandix
Mann, der brennt aber die Speiseröhre runter...
Abendglut
by Rasierwasser
by VanAllan
Für Fresh...ein bisschen Maskulin und ein bisschen Vintage Mercedes Benz 230 SL Pagode
by Kylesa
by Toreter
by Dyniel
by Dyniel

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior