Fahrenheit Parfum 2014

Fahrenheit Parfum by Dior
Fahrenheit Parfum is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2014. The scent is spicy-sweet. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesPink pepperPink pepper
BirchBirch
CedarwoodCedarwood
PatchouliPatchouli
VetiverVetiver

Submitted by FRobXL, last update on 07.10.2021.

Vanillic suede.
I'm a big fan of the original masterpiece Fahrenheit, launched in 1988. An ozonic yet gassiest violet leaf with mandarin and Nutmeg on top and a leathery base.

This version, created my Demachy, is a gourmand interpretation of the violet leaf theme. A boozy vanilla that, on top, is very sensual, fresh, ozonic and sweet, but, as it dries down, it become more creamy, static, vanilla driven and with an suede aftertaste.

It's very appealing and more easy to reach than the OG but more boring, specially in the drydown. The performance is pretty good (+8h easily) and the projection is quite potent in the first 2h.

I only wear it in fall-winter time, during night, in casual and night out scenarios. I like it but I prefer the mutlifaceted eau de toilette. The opening is great and the vanilla-rum-violet leaf combo is very niche-like, a concept that is pretty much on pair with many other niche scents, but after 2h, the smell became a tamed, suede-like vanilla that fails to convince, despite being different and unique in a way.

Overall, a good exercise on the violet leaf theme and the gourmand needs in perfumary nowadays but nothing to celebrate or to be remembered afterwards.

The EDT will stand still as a masterpiece and the one to go.

3/5
Very strong projection
I bought this fragrance for a friend, because he likes very strong scents, scents that you can smell even after passing ne good while. Since he needed what for the winter, attaches importance to beautiful bottles and is not afraid of "alcoholic" fragrances, I was actually sure: bull's eye, he is blown away. For me it's nothing, for me it's headache-inducing, but for him it's ne grenade. Well what the heck, everyone should have different tastes, which I can evaluate despite the headache: Durability is quite good, projection just killer ( at 3 sprays it fills rooms without any problems) and then of course there is the bottle: just beautiful. Like the original Fahrenheit a pretty gradient of colour, the glass is thicker again making the bottle much heavier than its petrol soaked grandpa. The only thing that detracts from the aesthetic: the lid, somehow it just doesn't fit in there for me (and it doesn't feel particularly high quality either). If you're considering buying this fragrance blind: DON'T!!! He is really getting used to and anything but discreet, pretty much the exact opposite of office fragrance and actually only wearable at temperatures below 10 degrees, because otherwise you flatten noses of innocent fellow citizens.

Giles
A darker base to layer with the EDT
I bought a bottle recently and was hoping for a longer lasting and deeper version of the EDT. That's what I got in my opinion. This is the best version of Fahrenheit. But it lacks the top notes of the original. I will always be a fan of the original and layering the Parfum version as the base and then applying the EDT a few minutes later creates a long lasting gorgeous experience.

I was unsure at first…
… as I wasn’t quite prepared for the opening… if you are expecting a “Fahrenheit” opening, you will be shocked… honestly, I’m still getting used to the opening, and it’s not really on my favorites list… but as it dries down the Fahrenheit DNA begins to emerge, with a sweeter, darker, deeper feel to it, and I absolutely LOVE that part of it. Also it’s more when you get whiffs that you sense the Fahrenheit DNA than when you sniff your skin. You can almost say it gives a different scent up close than it does in the air. When I sniff my skin I feel a dark violet/vanilla, and when it’s in the air, it’s a darker version of the original… fascinating to say the least…

Projection is strong through the opening, and begins to recede its radius from 4-5ft to 1-3, but the sillage remains strong throughout the excellent 8+ hour performance.

I’m happy I have it, and think it’s a fantastic scent, it’s just that opening that I need to get used to…
Sweetness and elegance
Scent:
Sweet, spicy and leathery, reminds me of vanilla beans, tangerines and liquorice.
The fragrance offers a lot of tife with medium complexity and smells very high-quality.

Shelf life:
Lasts easily from the evening until the next morning and is therefore far above average.

Sillage:
Projected for an EDP really super, people notice the smell in the immediate vicinity and when walking by.

Conclusion:
Super fragrance for autumn/winter and can be worn well on occasions as well as for going out, but can be intrusive depending on the dosage or situation.
I personally always have it at Oktoberfest or Christmas parties, for example.
Quo vadis, Fahrenheit?
Review/Epilogue, sometime in 2013 in France:
Woolny stomped angrily out of the boss's office. "Fired"? Fired??? 32 is okay but beer is a joke? Philistines! Everyone knows alcoholic scents are something! Everybody knows our clientele is the drunken biker! Pah! Amateurs! "
Suddenly he ran into his colleague Francois. "Wool, what's wrong? Why are you so upset? Is the beer empty?"
"I hope not. Dior is kicking me out. They say I'm out of good ideas. All I do is bring in booze. Or put tobacco in my perfumes. Really!"
"That...is the truth?" "I am an artist, Francois. That "s passion! I only drink so much because I'm so creative! Remember how I came up with that brilliant idea for Chanel for the selfish one."
"You mean the one that's practically named after you?" "Who went to the baker and bought the cinnamon buns for the perfume? Who had to get the tobacco bucket out of his hands first?"
"Wool, let's not go there. Are you ready for one last Hussar ride, one last hurrah? I'm not getting anywhere with my current project."
"Sure, what's up?"
"Come with me, I'll tell you everything."

Wolle accompanied Francois to the laboratory and Francois told him that he did not get any further in Fahrenheit. "You understand? The bosses want a perfume of Fahrenheit but more modern." "I have an idea about that..."
"No, not beer!"
"Okay good, what do you have so far? Tell me!"
So Francois told me.
Wool nodded: "Clear case, something is missing. Let me get a pudding so I can think better." "Do that. We need a big idea. I'm thinking a modern gourmand touch would be nice. All the boys can't get along with Fahrenheit anymore. Wool! Watch it! Now all the custard is pure in the new Fahrenheit!"
Francois was about to explode. But then he stopped. "Want genius! That smells great!
Now it smells different, sweet and creamy and gourmand, absolutely high-quality after this vanilla note! Just the twist I was looking for!"
"You think so? For me, leather and pudding don't go together. I don't lick my jacket when I spill it, I get a sponge. Sure you don't want me to get one?"
"No, no, please, wool! I'll present it just like that!"
"If you mean. The vanilla is just so obtrusive in the beginning. After that, it all fades into insignificance."
The management offered wool to stay on board. He declined with thanks as these sweet scents were no longer his. "I'm going home first, to Herne. Maybe I will do something with motorcycles and beer. We'll see."
So he said goodbye, ran first against the door (pulling, not pushing), but then unerringly walked out.

-----------------

Fahrenheit perfume definitely has the DNA of the original EdT. On these has >br /> One tries to put on a more modern, more pleasing fragrance. In my opinion, this has failed because this typical vanilla note does not harmonize with the leathery violet. This gives the fragrance a certain expressionlessness, the ingredients don't really want to harmonize. It's a pity, I had promised a lot from the perfume, but unfortunately after Fahrenheit no reasonable flanker came. I leave the Aqua out in front of the I do not know until now (?).
I end up here almost without describing the scent in detail for the following reason: not much happens. The vanilla has dimmed down the typical Fahrenheit note as if we had a tame reformulation. So the fragrance, at least in my eyes, seems to be symbolic without the spirit of old heroic deeds and no longer stands out. It's 08/15 and one-dimensional, that may be the spirit of the times but above all it's contourless and therefore too smooth.
Salva
Une remerciement à François Demachy.
World War II is over, it's the first years of reconstruction... Survivors are full of fear, traumatized, hopeless, desperate, badly shaken and look into a seemingly hopeless future...
[...]

Four years have passed, somewhere in south-eastern France, on the Côte d'Azur, in a city called Cannes, a newborn baby is born... His parents christen him François, a popular French first name for boys...

After studying dentistry and physiotherapy, this François decided to enter the perfume industry because he had a vision... Women and men, whether blond, brunette, dark-haired, white, brown, black, slim, corpulent, small, tall... All of them should smell; but not just smell good... No, that would be too common... They should fill a room with their scent, attract the attention of others, while talking to the person opposite
make that person feel... A feeling of attraction, seduction, awe and admiration... And not to forget: They should regain a little hope many years after the war; hope and confidence for a better future and especially for a "never again"...

The journey begins with Charabot, the oldest perfume company with headquarters in Grasse, the "world capital" of perfume. The city, which in particular has achieved worldwide fame as the setting for Patrick Süskind's "The Perfume"...
Demachy's creations, all true masterpieces, unparalleled in their class... From Dior Homme, to Eau Sauvage, to Fahrenheit, just to name a few; one better than the other... Like the Fahrenheit perfume...
[...]

I had ordered a bottling of this perfume some time ago, should be about 3-4 weeks. Since I ordered the EdT before and I wanted to test the perfume version to draw a comparison, I searched here in the Souk and bought the bottling at the dear perfume Dennis250691...

When this arrived at home, I was already - as always - full of anticipation and great expectation. I first smelled the spray head and my first thought: "Sexy, damn sexy! Male, damn male! Attractive, fucking attractive! And seductive, fucking seductive!"

I immediately sprayed my wrists and my neck and neck area. And yes, what can I say? I was just so taken with it that when I smelled the spray head, I actually knew I was going to get a bottle. Because this scent is madness for me!

It opens slightly citric and spicy with a touch of Fougère-Vibe, which I attribute to the lavender. The typical leather note can be found in the perfume, similar to the EdT (although the leather is stronger than in the perfume). But the base makes this fragrance such an exceptionally seductive, attractive and "erotic" scent, which I have never been able to get to the nose in this way before. Here it's slightly sweet due to the bourbon vanilla, but in combination with the various woody and earthy notes it's incredibly masculine and irresistible at the same time.

It is rather not suitable for spring or summer; this fragrance is one for the colder season, i.e. autumn and winter. And it is probably best for the evening hours, i.e. for a date, visit to the bar, restaurant or the like. Nevertheless, I would and will wear it during the day or at work (my female work colleagues will be happy ;) ), because I like it so incredibly well.

Not only the fragrance itself is phenomenal, but also the durability is great in my opinion! On my skin it lasts 7-8h and the Sillage is 3-4h very noticeable for other people.

I used up the bottling today and planned to buy the bottle in autumn. But since I wore it again today and was so enthusiastic about it, it will most likely happen sooner... You know how it is... :)

Conclusion:
I bow to Monsieur Demachy and thank him personally (although he will not read it, of course). In my collection there are already 2 Dior fragrances created by him and with the Fahrenheit perfume the third will be added soon. Because this one is so sexy and masculine that every man who hasn't done it yet should at least try it and buy it. Your women (or men) will thank you for it...

And I address my closing words to little François of Cannes, who went to Grasse and is today one of the greatest of his guild:

"Chapeau et merci beaucoup, Monsieur Demachy!"
[...]

My thanks - as always - go to all readers.

VG
Leather jacket, full throttle ... Mechanic .. Fahrenheit
I've known that scent since I was a kid.
when I was 18 and just training as a mechanic, I bought it. When going away I usually wore a leather jacket and underneath a hip sweater ... so were the early 2000s ..
He fitted like Arch on bucket to me ... because once as a mechanic the oily and gasoline smell never completely gets away, this perfume brings a perfect symbiosis together. Anyone who has ever come into contact with fuel and oil knows that despite mega scrubbing ... Sand soap and co still leaves a slight nuance on the skin... that's why Fahrenheit fits so well.
With the scent I got to know my first long relationship ... exactly after such a situation.
Screwed with the buddies and in the evening we went to the discotheque. "Ins Steffi" was the order of the day on Fridays.

Now back to the scent !
I'm lucky to have about 500ml of vintage version with old lid and about 250ml of 2018 version which is not close to the vintage version except for the strong petroleum note and slightly weakened Patchouli Aura. The 2019 has a more fruity mandarin .. is also ok, but shows the nose quite clearly the mechanic has now been adapted to modern times and become a mechatronics technician.
Since I stand on old cars, I like to wear mega the Ur version ... but also Retrostyle comes very well ... the 2018 version ...
But the mega patchouli aura that fills the room with its metallic petroleum vibe is simply best in the vintage version
No Vanilli3?
Are you sure there's no vanilla? It can hardly be. Seems a little stupid to me. In any case, the fragrance lasts for many hours. Class Part.
Maybe my sense of smell is simply disturbed :)
DaveGahan101
The only mistake is his name!
Of course I would have preferred a stronger version of the Fahrenheit EDT (current version), but this will probably remain an unfulfilled dream. Or at least a "more full-bodied" or "rounder" edition of the EDT, would certainly have become a long runner.
I admit, I knew beforehand that he had nothing to do with the original scent, so of course I was not negatively surprised.
Because if you hide the name, you get a wonderful autumn and winter scent.
Of course you can smell the "famous" violets, just because I always associate violets with Fahrenheit. I did the same with Venice pour Homme, but I didn't succeed with Steampunk. What constituted the typical Fahrenheit has been clearly watered down here, the Aqua version is mixed with Fahrenheit32. Also a good portion of Absolute plays here. But the heart of the fragrance is clearly Myrre, which was used here green-spicy, minimally smoky and slightly vanilla-tipped. Similarly beautifully set in scene as with Armani's Myrrh Imperiale, which don't give much away in terms of quality.
The result is a wonderfully warm and enveloping fragrance that is nothing for Kelly Familiy fans, but a sensual and comfortable feeling.
No ultra-sweet gourmand, not sticky-sweet, but the gas station has had to close in the meantime.
The spirit, the soul of the original Fahrenheit, still floats lightly over it, but one must already smell exactly. If this is too little for you (understandable), you can take 1-2 sprayers from the EDT, then the whole thing tips into the masculine. But even without EDT-education, this is not a Blubberlutsch fragrance, because the vanilla does not appear as strong as I feared, dominates the fragrance at no time and still shows enough masculine edge.
Okay, I admit, besides the primordial Fahrenheit, many scents seem a little pink...
For me he's still guy enough, I feel poodle well so that, sometimes may also be slightly softer, if not that helps the EDT a little bit.
Conclusion: Great, independent fragrance with very nice myrrh accents, a hint of leather with a hint of fresh spiciness on top!
The durability and Sillage are above average good, but none is killed!
Suitability for everyday use: 8/10
Feel-good factor: 9/10 (autumn/winter)
Wow effect: 6/10
Price/Performance: 7/10
Packaging/Bottling: 8/10
Idea+implementation: 1/10

LaurentiuLaurentiu 20 days ago
Strong Vanilla. A boozy and ozonic vanilla, all nice blended on a leathery base with a soft spicy and musky aura around it.
HugoMontezHugoMontez 11 months ago
A desconstructed version of the original. The main player here is the bourbon vanilla mixed with violet leafs and an almost suede smell. 3/5
Eliot65Eliot65 1 year ago
Boozy vanilla with a feminine vibe. Dior used a legendary name to promote a unisex fragrance Its nothing special and not a FAHRENHEIT
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 1 year ago
A highly contrasting, yet slightly boozy spicy-green leathery Mid season fragrance, balanced by a creamy and sweet resinous-woody base.
AmberScentAmberScent 1 year ago
After 2 flasks in 10 years, I still have not decide if I like this Dior or not. Probably with a little less violet and gasoline accord...
PolarrfoxPolarrfox 2 years ago
Strong, spicy, licquorice scent. Tried it in parfumery on my arm and could feel it through my jacket. But its only for men.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
Deep, vibrant, intoxicating with the unexpected violet leaf touch. A very sexy fragrance good for Her too.
Good sillage and high price.
ItchynoseItchynose 3 years ago
Beautifully sweet and smooth opening but handicapped by a dull and underwhelming dry down. Close to greatness but no cigar.
DavidBrazDavidBraz 3 years ago
A true masterpiece. The bourbon vanilla mixed with the original DNA is brilliant. They gave it sophistication and elegancy
LillibetLillibet 3 years ago
Instant love! Nutmeg and boozy vanilla over a plush but substantial base. Sweet but not cloying. Jumped right to the top of my wish list.

Danke
by Seejungfrau
Klassiker unter sich :-))
by Seejungfrau
Mein Ausgeh-Equipment! Corona hin oder her ;)
by Salva
by YKem
by eBOSS
by eBOSS

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior