Higher (2001)Eau de Toilette

Higher (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Adrien Haas

Higher (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBasil, Pear, Peach, Citrus notes
Heart Notes Heart NotesSpices, Rosemary, Cypress
Base Notes Base NotesBirnbaumholz, Musk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 01.06.2020.

Fresh21
No freshy can get past him :)
Some comments are too long, although the performance of the fragrance is quite entertaining. But maybe that's exactly the reason: Because the scent doesn't do it, at least the commi should bring it ;-) Bullshit, but this Higher is really a weakling, at least in terms of H&S. Do what, then? How about this?
Please check your rating:

[ ] Of the nearly 450 fragrances Fresh21 has ever tested or possessed, Diors Higher has the worst performance of all.

[ ] To Mandelmaus's comedy title "Ladies, lock up your men and throw away your keys" there's a lot on it.

[ ] Fresh21's current preference for "fruity-fresh fragrances, citric and seasoned, as well as atmospheric neon, Mars fine dust and alien green" coincides with Higher.

Resolution: All statements are true, but only partially. Therefore you would have made better only half a cross, ... how this looks however is left to your fantasy :)

Here the details:

1] On performance: In terms of price/performance ratio, Higher is by far the last performer in my class. However, I don't know all the scents tested so far as well as the ones in my Habe-ich collection. Nevertheless, I know a H&S like the one from Higher only from drugstore fragrances of the 5€ class. But for the positive twist I come back to his PLV at the end :)

2] On the effect on women: Inclusion is not necessary, the scent has a built-in skin magnetism ;-)

3: The scent itself: Yes, "fruity-fresh and seasoned" is 100% true, but the rest of my ego-mag preferences was my alter ego (otherwise there would have been trouble again, preferably at 2:30 a.m., as cunning as that is;)

Conclusion:

Already?

Yes, because the scent is quickly described, but violently:

Higher is currently one of my Top3 ! A very attractive elixir that creates an extremely good balance between fruity pears/citrus freshness and a sharpened spice. This in turn creates an enormous transparency in the fragrance. So he is featherlight, but demanding at the same time - his freshness is sharp, his sharpness is fresh. The basil is especially noticeable in the first half hour, but not too intense, exactly the right dosage. The other seasoning might be pepper, nutmeg and the listed rosemary. It is possible that the cypress also contributes something to the "fresh sword", which is quite a bit green in colour. And the musk? Yes, also participates in gymnastics and makes him a bit milder in the last third ... of a total of only about 3 hours! Because then - whether on skin or shirt - the fun is already over with me. More is not in the Higher ... But does it have to?

No, because for the first time it is sch** no matter how long a fragrance projects, this one smells so good for me. Higher is like a good friend, whose short but motivatingly fresh presence I appreciate above all - even if you become poor ;-)

What matters is that Diors Higher is the first fragrance to realize my 1:1 fragrance preference. And even if his entertaining freshness kick has a bad PLV, I would want to claim (at least for a test)

no freshy can get past him :)

Freshness kick with rosemary
I smelled this Dior sometime at my buddy hen on a birthday of a friend and thought I was crazy. After he told me what scent he was wearing, I went straight to the perfumery and straight to the Dior shelf and up on my wrists:

Top note:
Well, the top note is intensely fresh and I do indeed smell BIRNE and - of course - ZITRUS. It's just wonderfully fresh, as if a pinch of summer air was swept around your nose.
Well, I'd say an 8 for the top note.

Heart note:
But now, and this is what makes this fragrance - at least on my skin and in my nose -
the heart note. She's the absolute madness. I guess it's ROSMARIN. The silage regularly does not let a breath of a certain ingredient rise into my nose, which has an almost aphrodisiac effect on me.
Same kick gives me e.g. Chanels Egoiste Platinum - and see there, it has rosemary intus.
The initial bombastic fruit kick of the top note gradually disappears and is preserved by harsher and more masculine essences á la musk. This makes the fruit more durable and masculine - but still stays fresh.
The heart note gets a 10.0.
Base:
The base note is the most difficult hurdle a good perfume has to overcome.
While 50% of all fragrances tested by me can only be experienced up close in the base and many of them leave an indefinable, often even inedible odour cocktail behind, DIORS HIGHER also remains stable in the base and only changes discreetly. The MOSCHUS virtually preserves the fruits and spices and holds this wonderful scent cocktail until the very end - when it can only be perceived up close. Chapeau!
Base note: 9,0

Total power: 9 points

Shelf life:
I smell after six hours still a well structured and clearly perceptible base - 7 points.
Silage:
The ROSMARIN surrounds you discreetly and yet perceptibly. Wonderful, 7,5 points
Flacon:
Well, it doesn't really matter. I'm not wearing him to show off. The bottle is not unsightly. However, there are far more beautiful ones that could also be seen as small pieces of jewellery or mini furniture. HIGHER does not belong to them - 4.5 points.

Conclusion:
A fresh, reserved summer fragrance for young, sporty men with not too much testosterone, who have a certain inclination to be different.
It is fitting that it should be a niche fragrance that displays a certain degree of individuality and is not available everywhere. First of all he was (in my opinion) a little spoiled with HIGHER ENERGY, which can be found more often in the assortment.

Higher Dior (Vintage)
Bought it blind because it was Dior and I must say I've tried so hard to like it but I just can't stand the fruity notes, maybe the reformulation is much more bearable.

dior dior dior.....
dior is the best perfume company in my opinion . i bought this as a blind buy i bought it only because it was dior . but i found it lovely fresh fruity and sexy . you can follow two different notes it seems that you use two different perfumes ;)
i love it and i will buy it again .

∑ i g n a t u r ⱻ
by Fresh21
Für fresh, ist sein Signaturduft, er schiebt immer die dunklen Wolken weiter..:-)
by Pistazieneis
Er will higher auf die Flasche, der Kleine!
by TomLavender
by TomLavender
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior