Higher 2001 Eau de Toilette

Higher (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Adrien Haas
Higher (Eau de Toilette) is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2001. The scent is fresh-citrusy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBasilBasil
RosemaryRosemary
CypressCypress
Base Notes Base NotesPear tree woodPear tree wood
MuskMusk

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 24.09.2021.

Samsaveel
Flying high and falling low
I hope you like my first short review.

I flew high and fell low after eight hours.
Dior - Higher one of my absolute insider tips. One floats literally over all away, consistently an eye-catcher and nachfrager.
Who wears this incredibly fresh and yet different fragrance? The first glances sat...
Wow what was that just now?
These are the reactions I observe.

I myself am really excited about this freshness. A clean, different freshness. A niche - which wants to be appreciated.
With a subtle masculine attitude.

I am blown away every time by what this magic water does to my environment and me.

Pulled up and dropped low after eight hours. This creation lasts 8 hours. But for that full on the nose, very soft and with a lot of wow effect.

Many greetings
Salva
One more nice gesture to end the year....
As soon as you start writing posts here regularly, they are of course read and commented by various users. After a while you realize that a loyal readership forms, which accompanies you nicely on your journey. And with one or the other one exchanges bspw. also again and again samples (special thanks to Bastian, who supplies me again and again with great samples!)

Also with me it is of course in the meantime in such a way, and since one is nice and friendly from the ground up, one does the one or other also a favor and tests among other things his or her signature. Of course, not only for the sake of the person, but also because you yourself show interest in the fragrance ;
The always extremely good-humored user Fresh21, whose name hardly fits like another in his preferred fragrance direction and collection, is one of these users. And my good one, the coincidence wanted it in such a way that only recently to a Flakon order I had actually got a small sample of your Higher's along. Funny, isn't it? Your signature I have now tested and would like to reflect my impression.
[...]

Dior belongs already to one of my favorite houses, I prefer nevertheless mostly rather classically French coined smells. However, I was not only this Higher, but also its little brother, the Energy, until quite some time ago not so a term. The Energy version, however, fell through with me, too trivial and dreary I found him.

Now dear Fresh, before your heart slips into your pants and you can no longer read this post for excitement, up front: The Higher is for me better than his younger brother ;)

I can see why he's your signature.
1. He's very fresh, and from start to finish. The way you like it best.
2. He is light, transparent, clear, straightforward and likeable. He knows what he wants, is not intrusive, discreet and very pleasant.
3. The top note: I admit, this one is really great! The combination of citrus and this pear has what. Comes it very tangy and cheeky over and even un petit peu unique (I hope you can French :P).

At the same time, however, it becomes a tiny bit spicy as it goes on, and that makes the scent really good for me. Is it the rosemary? Really interesting! A certain spice - here rather tart-spicy - stands as I find so some fresh fragrances quite well and here it is really very successful.

Until the base, he keeps his overriding freshness, the citrus-pear-spice prelude steps somewhat in the background and makes room for another chord. Here he becomes namely for me slightly woody-pudgy, which I would attribute to the musk.
[...]

Regarding the endurance one could expect for a Dior fragrance vllt. more, because on my skin he holds about only 4 to max. 5h and a fragrance cloud he leaves only in the first hour. But this is rather a little cloud that does not want to attract further attention. A smaller gray "sillage mouse" so to speak. However, it should be noted that this is not the very first freshener that lacks staying power. This problem have, as is well known, not a few fresh citrus treasures. But be it so.

Personally, I see this Higher better kept in the spring and summer, because I suspect that he has outside in autumn and winter even more too little power to take it up with the cold (In closed rooms, of course, this looks different again). But on warmer days he would probably mMn very well to advantage.
[...]

Conclusion:
So dear Freshy, overall I come to a good convincing rating of 8 points :) "High" he does not make me, but I like him already and I think he fits damn good to you and your distinctive collection ;)

For my part, it's probably not necessarily come to a flacon purchase, because I'm basically equipped for my perception more than good and broad. But this does not matter, because your signature is your signature, and that's what matters ;)

In this sense, continue to have a lot of fun with him! He is always beautiful. Come well into the new year, stay healthy and remember:

At the Higher no Freshy comes past ;)
[...]

And thank you to all the readers and have a great end of the year!

LG
Fresh21
No freshy can get past him :)
Some comments are too long, although the performance of the fragrance is quite entertaining. But maybe that's exactly the reason: Because the scent doesn't do it, at least the commi should bring it ;-) Bullshit, but this Higher is really a weakling, at least in terms of H&S. Do what, then? How about this?
Please check your rating:

[ ] Of the nearly 450 fragrances Fresh21 has ever tested or possessed, Diors Higher has the worst performance of all.

[ ] To Mandelmaus's comedy title "Ladies, lock up your men and throw away your keys" there's a lot on it.

[ ] Fresh21's current preference for "fruity-fresh fragrances, citric and seasoned, as well as atmospheric neon, Mars fine dust and alien green" coincides with Higher.

Resolution: All statements are true, but only partially. Therefore you would have made better only half a cross, ... how this looks however is left to your fantasy :)

Here the details:

1] On performance: In terms of price/performance ratio, Higher is by far the last performer in my class. However, I don't know all the scents tested so far as well as the ones in my Habe-ich collection. Nevertheless, I know a H&S like the one from Higher only from drugstore fragrances of the 5€ class. But for the positive twist I come back to his PLV at the end :)

2] On the effect on women: Inclusion is not necessary, the scent has a built-in skin magnetism ;-)

3: The scent itself: Yes, "fruity-fresh and seasoned" is 100% true, but the rest of my ego-mag preferences was my alter ego (otherwise there would have been trouble again, preferably at 2:30 a.m., as cunning as that is;)

Conclusion:

Already?

Yes, because the scent is quickly described, but violently:

Higher is currently one of my Top3 ! A very attractive elixir that creates an extremely good balance between fruity pears/citrus freshness and a sharpened spice. This in turn creates an enormous transparency in the fragrance. So he is featherlight, but demanding at the same time - his freshness is sharp, his sharpness is fresh. The basil is especially noticeable in the first half hour, but not too intense, exactly the right dosage. The other seasoning might be pepper, nutmeg and the listed rosemary. It is possible that the cypress also contributes something to the "fresh sword", which is quite a bit green in colour. And the musk? Yes, also participates in gymnastics and makes him a bit milder in the last third ... of a total of only about 3 hours! Because then - whether on skin or shirt - the fun is already over with me. More is not in the Higher ... But does it have to?

No, because for the first time it is sch** no matter how long a fragrance projects, this one smells so good for me. Higher is like a good friend, whose short but motivatingly fresh presence I appreciate above all - even if you become poor ;-)

What matters is that Diors Higher is the first fragrance to realize my 1:1 fragrance preference. And even if his entertaining freshness kick has a bad PLV, I would want to claim (at least for a test)

no freshy can get past him :)

Freshness kick with rosemary
I smelled this Dior sometime at my buddy hen on a birthday of a friend and thought I was crazy. After he told me what scent he was wearing, I went straight to the perfumery and straight to the Dior shelf and up on my wrists:

Top note:
Well, the top note is intensely fresh and I do indeed smell BIRNE and - of course - ZITRUS. It's just wonderfully fresh, as if a pinch of summer air was swept around your nose.
Well, I'd say an 8 for the top note.

Heart note:
But now, and this is what makes this fragrance - at least on my skin and in my nose -
the heart note. She's the absolute madness. I guess it's ROSMARIN. The silage regularly does not let a breath of a certain ingredient rise into my nose, which has an almost aphrodisiac effect on me.
Same kick gives me e.g. Chanels Egoiste Platinum - and see there, it has rosemary intus.
The initial bombastic fruit kick of the top note gradually disappears and is preserved by harsher and more masculine essences á la musk. This makes the fruit more durable and masculine - but still stays fresh.
The heart note gets a 10.0.
Base:
The base note is the most difficult hurdle a good perfume has to overcome.
While 50% of all fragrances tested by me can only be experienced up close in the base and many of them leave an indefinable, often even inedible odour cocktail behind, DIORS HIGHER also remains stable in the base and only changes discreetly. The MOSCHUS virtually preserves the fruits and spices and holds this wonderful scent cocktail until the very end - when it can only be perceived up close. Chapeau!
Base note: 9,0

Total power: 9 points

Shelf life:
I smell after six hours still a well structured and clearly perceptible base - 7 points.
Silage:
The ROSMARIN surrounds you discreetly and yet perceptibly. Wonderful, 7,5 points
Flacon:
Well, it doesn't really matter. I'm not wearing him to show off. The bottle is not unsightly. However, there are far more beautiful ones that could also be seen as small pieces of jewellery or mini furniture. HIGHER does not belong to them - 4.5 points.

Conclusion:
A fresh, reserved summer fragrance for young, sporty men with not too much testosterone, who have a certain inclination to be different.
It is fitting that it should be a niche fragrance that displays a certain degree of individuality and is not available everywhere. First of all he was (in my opinion) a little spoiled with HIGHER ENERGY, which can be found more often in the assortment.

Higher Dior (Vintage)
Bought it blind because it was Dior and I must say I've tried so hard to like it but I just can't stand the fruity notes, maybe the reformulation is much more bearable.

dior dior dior.....
dior is the best perfume company in my opinion . i bought this as a blind buy i bought it only because it was dior . but i found it lovely fresh fruity and sexy . you can follow two different notes it seems that you use two different perfumes ;)
i love it and i will buy it again .

HugoMontezHugoMontez 1 year ago
It's a fresh-woody scent with a pear on top. Nothing groundbreaking but very pleasant. A sport fragrance with a twist.

∑ i g n a t u r ⱻ
by Fresh21
Er will higher auf die Flasche, der Kleine!
by TomLavender
by TomLavender
by Chanelle
by Chanelle

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior