Hypnotic Poison (1998)Eau de Toilette

Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior

Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Coconut, Plum, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Rosewood, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 05.07.2020.

The classic par excellence
Christian Dior makes wonderful fragrances. So does the world famous Hypnotic Poison. I've known it for half an eternity and I love wearing it. I think this perfume makes simply Ladylike. The fragrance lasts for an incredibly long time and is especially suitable for going out and festive occasions. Several people have already mentioned it.
DrGourmand
Convallaria majalis meets Colchicum autumnale or how I won my new life!
With a satisfied look and her head held high she sat there and for a long, long time everything was once again as she wanted it and she alone wanted it! Part of this was that her favourite perfume, at present finely fruity and spicy with a wonderful vanilla-floral sweetness, still seemed to melt creamy on her skin. She had already applied it this morning and also gave her dear, faded husband, who had made himself comfortable lying in a long box in front of her, a proper spray of this, as he always called it, "pushy-sweet and slutty flower perfume" as a farewell gift to accompany him on his last journey. Especially and especially because he always hated Hypnotic Poison so much!

They had drifted apart for a long time and the efforts to motivate him were running more and more into the void. When he took early retirement a year ago because of his heart, it got worse and worse. No going out, no culture, no games, no travelling, only his stupid rabbits were in his head. For the breeding rabbits he did everything, for them not even crumbs remained silent because of love
The idea came to her perfume-like, but not because of the name that called it to life, no, it was the lilies of the valley. She had prepared everything well and the day was right. The neighbours were busy in the garden and the master went into the forest to collect fresh pumice for the damn rabbits. Halfway there, she shouted very loudly after him that he should bring some wild garlic leaves for tonight. He could also pick some from her garden, but there weren't so many left. As a result, he brought a handsome bouquet of wild garlic for the kitchen and a large basket of dandelions for the unloved rabbits.

In preparation for dinner she made a wonderful, slightly garlic-laden avocado cream from avocado, garlic, mozzarella, a little wild garlic and plenty of lily of the valley and autumn timeless leaves. As a topping she added several self-collected, well grated and especially rich lily of the valley flowers. All the plants grew together and into each other in the immediate vicinity of the wild garlic, in the forest the bells and in the garden the lily of the valley and the autumn timeless plant.

As so often before, the cream tasted great on toasted bread and this made him eat well. The dry red wine with it did its part. She ate only a little, especially of the cream, and caused an upset stomach, which he only acknowledged with a growl.

After a good two bottles and before any further effects could be seen, he went to bed and fell asleep well and satisfied. She was very excited and after a lot of stomach rumbling, nausea and three times vomiting with diarrhoea, she called 112 at dawn. Her husband showed no further symptoms, but did not wake up again, probably because of his heart rhythm disturbances. The final investigations by the police, based on statements by neighbours, among other things, confirmed a serious bear's garlic mix-up with death.

Thought-provoking again by the striking, intensely sweet scent of lily of the valley in her perfume, which emanated intensely from the dark blouse, she took leave with a last fleeting glance. She would not visit the grave, but had made arrangements with a grave maintenance service for the next 10 years, so that everything would be arranged as he would not have liked it. She again oriented herself towards her favourite Hypnotic Poison.

As a grave boundary and circumambulation, it should of course be the may lilies, the characteristic sweet signature of the fragrance, in addition to a fragrant wild rose in the middle, the noble counterpart in the flowery fragrance duel. Also in the middle is a place for a vase with a bouquet of jasmine and tuberose stems, which are renewed from time to time, and the branch of an almond tree, which so boldly flank the sweet-aromatic floral opulence of the perfume. For the partly fruity juiciness of the opening, a small tree is said to stand for each, plum at the head and apricot at the feet of the unloved. The very fine coconut note, spiced with allspice, which gives the beginning that special something, he wouldn't have noticed anyway, and so she is content for the long and so seductive farewell in the form of a long present, balsamic vanilla note with a small sandalwood box in which once a month a scented vanilla candle shines the last light for him
Following the funeral service, she prepared a small "last meal" for the mourners. There is gibelotte de lapin, a kind of hare pepper from the rabbit, and for the evening she had a ticket reserved for herself for the symphony concert. She has also already registered for a dance course. It starts tomorrow, just like her new life!
Until then, thank you very much and be careful if you smell Hypnotic Poison!
5.5
Moonprincess
The men seem to like him...
... i'm afraid I'm just mediocre. Far too many women wear it, but for me personally it's not so special. The fragrance doesn't necessarily make me feel like a seductress, and that's exactly what the fragrance was supposed to achieve. I find the fragrance too unbalanced for that and it doesn't really have anything special. Nevertheless, men seem to like to smell it, and this is the only reason why I bought it. If you spray on enough, the scent really lasts for a long time, that's all there is to say on my part. I don't think it would be Dior if the hype about this fragrance was half as big
TheaTralisch
Another comment on Hypnotic Poison...
.... you certainly do not need, but I would also like to write something about it.
Although I have been perfume- and fragrance-crazy for almost 20 years, I actually did NOT know Hypnotic Poison until the beginning of this year!
Yet the fragrance is a classic, which is loved by many so hot.
In January I went to the perfumery to try something new. I started completely unprejudiced and sniffed here and there.
When I was asked by a nice saleswoman what she could show me, I said that I was looking for a warm, soft, cuddly, cuddly scent. (I didn't mention any of my preferred scents yet, I wanted to specify that later...)
She immediately steered single-mindedly towards the Poison family and sprayed me with Hypnotic Poison.
When I had it in my nose for the first time and had not even finished smelling the top note, I knew immediately that this fragrance belonged to me and without hesitation bought it on the spot. I have never decided on a perfume so quickly before!
I am so grateful to the saleswoman, because obviously she really knows her job, because she immediately knew what I was getting at. It must have been fate that I met exactly this salesgirl on that very day in this perfumery!
And let's face it - you rarely find such professionals, because - sorry if that sounds bad - the majority of perfume saleswomen simply don't have what it takes.
Hypnotic Poison is a fragrance that does not seem to come from this world and from now on it will always belong in my collection.
Cruella de Vil
Hello, I am new and would like (even if many have already done so) also an opinion on the here so highly praised Hypnotic Poison to the best
I've tested many scents... A few days ago the very first time the Hypnotic Poison because it has soooooo super ratings and the fragrance components absolutely appeal to me.
What can I say, I was absolutely shocked... It is described as a warm, seductive fragrance with gourmand oriental notes and vanilla, almond and a man's magnet. (Don't understand how anyone could be attracted to such a scent)

So I first tested him on a cloth and was killed by a bouquet of flowers.
OK, I thought he might look different on his skin, but unfortunately, no... No trace of vanilla or coconut or almond. I had the urgent need to wash it down, so it overtaxed my olfactory nerves. I did not do it, wanted to give the poison a chance, but unfortunately it did not get better.
I cannot describe the course of events, because he simply had none with me.
Except my own state of mind nothing has changed, and although I sniffed my wrist every 5 minutes, after all it can't be what I smelled, nothing has really improved. It was staggering, almost comatose 6 hours later I could bear it, but I wouldn't call it a nice scent.

With this fragrance I imagine a somewhat more stable woman (I know, Cruella is rather Hager) in advanced age with black permed, highly tousled hair, bright red fingernails as well as lipstick, a little too much blush and blue eye shadow, strutting around in a fur coat. That's Hypnotic Poison to me...
Cranky, loud and more appearance than his

Unfortunately! I would have liked him so much ????

Please don't lynch me, it's really just my feelings. For those who love this fragrance, I am very happy.
Parfümlein
Ode to Hypnotic Poison - freely adapted from Schiller, sung by 1042 owners of this fragrance on Parfumo!
HP, beautiful god spark,
Daughter from Elisium,
We walk in drunk as a skunk
Heavenly one, your sanctuary Your spells bind again,
what the fashion sword shared;
and Parfumos become brothers,
where your gentle scent lingers.

Be embraced, millions! This fragrance of the whole world! br /> Brothers - above the starry firmament
must live Hypnotic Poison.

Who succeeded in the big litter,
to be a friend of this fragrance;
who has won a vial,
mix in his cheers! br /> Yes - whoever even has ONE nose
to be called on the earth's roundabout!
He who has never smelt you, steal
weeping from our 'rem Bund!

Plum smell all beings
Pure coconut and allspice,
Apricot, tuberose
follow your rose trail You gave us almonds, vanilla Sandalwood, so deliciously soft,
and in devout silence
you'll make our souls rich .
TOXIC
"...with a taste of a poison paradise. I'm addicted to you, don't you know that you're toxic?"

An infinite amount has already been written about Hypnotic Poison. So much that I wondered, is there anything really NEW to report about this fragrance? Probably not.

Nevertheless, something always happens in me (or with me) when I wear it. Hypnotic Poison is a state scent. Period. I couldn't possibly use it every day, because it literally screams:
Here I am! Here I come! Take it. Me. True!
Something I definitely couldn't use forever. I love to disappear into the masses, to be a small part of a big whole.

But now and then, sometimes more often - sometimes less often, there are THESE days. Special days when it just fits. Then I need a scent that carries me. Not the other way round! That's Hypnotic Poison. He carries me, makes me rise above myself. Gives self-confidence.

The deep, slightly oriental sweetness. The almond-like heaviness of the fragrance: it creates an opulent aura that envelops you warmly and comfortably. You can rely on the scent like the most potent lover. YOU decide when to stop!

After a wild and wild night, you wake up in the morning in his arms. He's still there... The smell. Hypnotic Poison lies like a delicate but reliable veil on your skin and reminds you what is possible.

"intoxicate me now, with your loving now... I think I'm ready now!"
Love Potion #9
"Hypnotic Poison" as EdT was given to my girlfriend last week, introduced to my collection and I was surprised that I hadn't written about this classic yet. Because here I wouldn't even put the word "more modern" in front of the word "classic" anymore, because this elixir of love has definitely earned itself legend status, from the clubs to the bedrooms of this world...

I have smelled "Hypnotic Poison EDT" often and always felt it, but despite its enormous sweetness and potency, the scent of partners, women, companions, etc. never hung out of my throat. That's something you have to manage first. For me this red apple (?) is extremely sensual, wicked, playful and erotic, almost the epitome of these attributes. At least if you're a kid of the '90s. This rosy plum with shredded coconut on top, which slowly melts on the skin and runs into a mandelic dream of vanilla and milk chocolate, is seductively high ten. So control and logic go on a journey. All in all rather youthful and extroverted, pushy and very self-confident, but definitely with unbelievable attraction and undressing power. Here reputation and bottle, flow and base, power and elegance simply go together. Sweaty, turgid, shoving. The smell rocks! Lady and whore in one. What more could a man want?

Flacon: sexy, sensual, cult
Sillage: powerful and unsmellable
Durability: one long lasting - 10-15 hours

Conclusion: one of the most sensual women's classics in the mainstream. Sexy, delicious, quality enough. Absolute go-go!
Grandma's vanilla croissant
I'm now sitting at home, earlier in the drugstore, when I sprayed the scent on my wrists, the somewhat more bitter notes came out a little more clearly. But every time I smell more and more on my wrist, a memory becomes more and more present for me: Grandma's vanilla croissant. And they're really tasty!

This scent can be described almost only in feelings: I started studying in August and was back home for the second time just before Christmas. I visit my grandmother, we come in quite naturally with our second key and my grandmother stands in the kitchen and bakes, the whole house sweetly enough, after cookies and vanilla. When she sees that I am also there, her mind angles jump immediately upwards and she embraces me like only a grandma can: Firm and soft and warm. That's Hypnotic Poison to me.

I honestly don't understand the flacon at all. For me, this would have to be bottled in a beige/okka-black bottle. Heavy yet gentle, that's what this perfume smells like to me.

Overall the vanilla is very dominant after a short time, but without being too powdery. The silage's great. The warm, spicy notes float gently around you, even after a splash, without being too violent.

The only shortcoming remains for me: The Durft smells heavy, grown-up and sedate. He just reminds me of my grandma. And so it seems to me that I cannot fill this fragrance with the necessary dignity it deserves. For me too adult - almost old - too undynamic for someone who hangs out on yodelling during lunch break and is just 26 years old once. I still don't feel quite up to this beautiful scent...

Will he still make it into my bathroom cupboard in the next few weeks because of the actually beautiful perfume...? Wait and see.
...you.........................................................
Because no matter how much time has gone by,
Tears are dried
Time has healed wounds
Never heal other wounds
My blond strands belong to me
My fear and my strengths
You're no perfume
You're a feeling out of my life
Headless running to know
That I'm lost,
But I am,
I'm still,
When I carry you, the old hypnotic poison
In the dark I hear your laughter
Your deep voice
Whirls up the glitter dust
You leave an invisible trail
Scratches you in the skin
I'm still hanging around
Turn stones around
I feel summer in autumn
Barefoot
Unreasonableness exuberance
Sometimes something is so familiar,
that it's strange.

Jazzy76Jazzy76 7 months ago
A little bit sweeter and rounder than the edp version, it's a sensual scent where the spicy-floral notes marry a wonderfiul almond.A must
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Diable Rouge edp, 1998; maxed out futurama! The most potent and beautiful almond, vanilla, musk and heliotrope. Poisonous comfort elixir!

by ElenaN
by Ninina
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior