Hypnotic Poison 1998Eau de Toilette

Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Coconut, Plum, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily of the valley, Rose, Rosewood, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 21.01.2021.

Hypnotic Poison - The Red Apple
Hypnotic Poison was once quite wonderful, now it's still quite good.
Ten years ago it was really an enticing fragrance, sweet-woody-oriental.
Sweet it still is, but it's kind of weary, weaker. The vanilla is still pleasant, but less woody, but the almond note seems to have become stronger, it is now more reminiscent, but only remotely, of marzipan. The apricot note I perceive, the plum note not.
The hint of coconut gives the fragrance a special charm, often I don't like coconut notes at all, but here just this one gives a twist.
The sandalwood can be detected in the base, but it is not very strong.
I notice the jasmine most strongly in the floral heart.
I wouldn't have been able to detect the rose note, as Hypnotic Poison is a very sweet scent that is very tightly knit. It's actually not very provocative at all. However, you can tell that the white florals have not been used sparingly overall. A tuberose note is also included. This holds itself here, however, in the background and is because of the whole, this fragrance's own sweetness, only schwieg as such to recognize.
The name suggests a wilder caliber, but basically Hypnotic Poison, especially the newer version, is a gentle and somehow charming fragrance. For a while, you could often smell it on other people, too, but it doesn't seem to enjoy quite as much popularity anymore, which may please some, but not others.
I am always happy when someone has found a fragrance that brings joy. The bottle rather indicates a loud fragrance. He may have been once, but overall he is quite tame
NoorBisou
Perfumed femininity full of warmth and passion
I know this fragrance for a very long time.
I got him the other day for the first time...
It reminds me of winter over 10 years ago. At that time my best friend wore it with whom I am still friends. I knew it would remind me of her and maybe that was exactly why I ordered it. It's cold outside and this is one of those scents that is perfect for winter I think for summer it's definitely too strong. I wisp out the vanilla the strongest. It's also the only scent I like even though it has rose in it. I probably like it so much because the vanilla and the almond drown out the rose.... At least that's how I perceive it. I can very well imagine that this is not everyone's fragrance. If you don't like vanilla, you should leave it alone.
To the durability I can only say in the morning applied one smells him until late evening still. Whether man or woman, the response regarding this fragrance is positive every time. Two pumpstöße are completely sufficient. My husband loves vanilla and that's why he always responds positively to it. This fragrance smells expensive, elegant and you so feminine. It is definitely a very warm scent and I find that it smells better and better with time after you apply it. Confident women who like to stand out should definitely get this fragrance.
My vanilla dream?
I didn't like you before...and time went by..years and years..
Then I saw you again and tried you again..and that's when it sparked! AND HOW!!! I learned to love you with all the facets you give me.
Every day I perceive other fragrances which I find great but the vanilla in the drydown is just the best - just heavenly..I think I will always try to wear you even in the summer?

The scent is already a little heavy but not so much.

I smell coconut sometimes more and then sometimes more apricot - that is different every day with me..
And then comes aufjedenfall the vanilla for me like a powdered sugar dusted vanilla daherkommt..
He keeps really super and is for others also visibly noticeable and I like that too.
Sweet elegance
I recommend this fragrance with a black dress. In addition, gold jewelry and red lips to a simple elegant hairstyle. No one will be able to not turn around, because curiosity is aroused. You become a work of art, an apparition, a temptation. This fragrance you wear when you have not yet decided but have enough self-confidence to make decisions.
If you have strength and power, but do not always have to play them out.
Great recommendation!
Annabraucht
Cheap vanilla in the most beautiful form
This perfume was my first blind purchase. I also just wanted to have a seductive perfume. Well,... it's not like I have no other, but this is now obviously very seductive to be!
All right, then. It's Saturday. And it's snowy, very snowy. 2pm, I get home from work. My plan: take a little nap and spray on the HP beforehand. Then I can go to bed with the scent, so to speak.
First spray.... Hmmm... somehow I had expected more or something different! To be honest I smell cheapest (sorry) vanilla and something else "softening". Coconut, yes exactly. The vanilla reminds me right away extremely of the vanilla baking aroma from the Oetker Dok!
It smells familiar. Warm, enveloping, and soft. A perfect fragrance for a nap or for the bed (So the circle closes regarding the seductive in relation to a bed ;) )
I wake up and immediately notice this vanilla soft enveloping scent. So there is the moment I like it insanely!
A very nice interplay of several, warming components! Really very beautiful. Familiar and sexy at the same time. Warm.
Likes. I would like to go out with the fragrance. After Corona then. Probably with the second bottle.
If only this would not be so ghastly!
Times change
1999. Last year in high school. Maria (name changed) from the parallel class had rich parents and so she presented the bottle during the big break in the schoolyard. Wow. What an unattainable scent. My mum would have shown me a bird if I had asked for 80 DM. I could look at the flea market, was her answer.
2020. 2:30. The DHL messenger pushes a package into my hand... thanks to the souk the poison is now mine. To the souk. To the lovely community here and to my mom. Back then I didn't understand a lot of things, today I am even more grateful. I'm going to watch an episode of Buffy, admire the bottle and quietly say to myself: "now I have it too". ?
one of "the" scents
Actually, everything that can be written about the fragrance has been written about it, but I still feel the need to comment on it, as it is one of my heart's fragrances.
I met him at 16 through a former girlfriend and immediately fell in love with this fragrance. Well, it either happens instantly or not at all, at least most of the time. I didn't know him before and that although I had already tested and tried out several fragrances at that time .
Luckily I had a couple of gigs at that time with a small fee, so I could afford the edt relatively quickly.
Hypnotic Poison is vanilla, warm, heavy and yes, just hypnotizing. It does not jump at you, but wraps itself softly around your nose despite its opulence. It is soft and rough, heavy and gentle, exciting and calming at the same time. With the scent I felt like a goddess :) I can't smell single notes, they melt into one for me.
Unfortunately, I did not get it after that, because at some point I had the feeling that I could smell it on every corner and at some point you smell yourself full. When I was in the mood for Hp, I looked for easier and everyday alternatives, but at the moment it follows me even more than usual...and maybe, 10 years later, it's time again...
Ajladora
Unfortunately the silage increases my effect on men
Not just anyone can wear that scent.

Super scent for almond eyes long hair female healthy curves.

I feel even more sensual and perceive this. I am very often spoken to where I do not respond to it. Feel me and the moment
Miieenchen
An engagement gift with consequences
This is the first time I have received this fragrance as a gift from my current husband.
He was a little too strong at the beginning and it was with the perfume unfortunately not like with my husband, love at first sight ... but at second sight . I wore it to special moments and he gradually became my faithful companion. A light dose of *poison* is enough to drive my husband crazy and this fragrance also managed to create a memory for eternity.

The flacon is very appealing and fits in almost every bag.
My darling
the scent is so sensual... it smells so delicious and so seductive... so powerful and schön❤❤❤
It envelops your whole body with an invisible warmth that can be perceived with all your senses ... it is as if you were dancing in a room in the wind that kisses your skin ... it softly leaves only a trace ... a small imprint ... that disappears very quickly. You wake up covered in vanilla ❤❤❤

When I spray it, I have the feeling that it is playing a trick on me... whenever I thought I could catch the vanilla note it disappears and when I do nothing, a beautiful people with an incredible breeze that is so beautiful after vanilla surprises me riecht❤❤❤

...the smell is so cosy that you immediately think of an open fire with hot cocoa and snow and cold outside.
A scent to snuggle up in... it warms our hearts ❤ ❤ ❤ the magic is in the air ✨✨✨

Jazzy76Jazzy76 1 year ago
A little bit sweeter and rounder than the edp version, it's a sensual scent where the spicy-floral notes marry a wonderfiul almond.A must
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Diable Rouge edp, 1998; maxed out futurama! The most potent and beautiful almond, vanilla, musk and heliotrope. Poisonous comfort elixir!

by Sweetsmell75
by LaPerleNoire
by LaPerleNoire
by Miapea
by Miapea
Winterzeit, Advent, Weihnachten und das bei frostigen/eisigen/.... Temperaturen.
by Baeumchen
by Ninina
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior