Hypnotic Poison 1998 Eau de Toilette

Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Top 100 in Women's Perfume
Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApricotApricot
CoconutCoconut
PlumPlum
PimentoPimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmineJasmine
Lily of the valleyLily of the valley
RoseRose
RosewoodRosewood
TuberoseTuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmondAlmond
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 29.07.2021.

MariReniRena
How a perfume went from pure seduction to trash....
...this would not be the first fragrance that unfortunately happens.

It was 2010, when I smelled this fragrance for the first time consciously. I think at that time the hype around him began, just like with Alien. But I must say that I have not yet smelled him everywhere in every corner. This fragrance was one of those fragrances I thought I was the only owner of. I was very intrigued by the oriental sweetness. Back then, the scent came in a set with a little body lotion to go with it, just like it does today. I adored it! At that time, as far as I know, caraway was still listed in the fragrance notes, anise too. You could smell that out very well too. The scent was very "lush" and "heavy", which I quite liked. The bottle also looked a little different, the lid was completely black and the bottle still had no color gradient but was just red.... So, bottle emptied and poof! the hype around this perfume was there.... Almost every lady or girl had it and it was sprayed like a deodorant... disgusting.... a few time later many dupes came on the market, which did not make it even better, but rather worse.... Reformulated the fragrance too which was super disappointing for all lovers.... For me, the scent has something mature-like on some days, kind of like rubber, which some have already described here. It doesn't smell as dangerous as it did back then, but totally watered down, just like vanilla water. And I suspect it will be reformulated further and further, absolutely disappointing. Funnily enough, please don't be alarmed, I now find it best as a summer scent.... yes, what used to be an absolute winter scent is now a tepid summer scent.... I still wouldn't spray it over.

The durability is still there, but not as extreme as then. The next day I can no longer smell him. I could compare the scents, version 2010 and version 2016. The old version is unfortunately empty, but what I can perceive on the sprayer is really more powerful than the new version. Seeeeevery pity.

I love the fragrance anyway, but hardly use it, because really everyone recognizes it and is almost annoyed...
Pure seduction
sweet
electrifying
aphrodisiac
Pure eroticism
This is Hypnotic Poison for me.
There is no fragrance that radiates more sex appeal.
Magic
Hypnotic Poison is the scent that surprised me the most out of all of them.

Actually, I had no desire to test it at all. This was probably a straight prejudice - I had but over twenty years ago once a bottle of # Tendre Poison given, whose scent I found (sorry!) Just horrible. I wore it a few times anyway, because I didn't want to disappoint the person. Anyway, I have immediately avoided ALL Poisons like the devil the holy water, because I feared, the smell all like that.

Because I'm but a packaging victim (is not this bright red candy apple just adorable?) and me recently by chance a mini bottle ran across the way, I have just also sniffed times dran Where he was already there, not true.

Oh ... hmm ... soo bad is not the now ... whether I times on the skin ... well, okay, in an emergency I scrub off again quickly.
What can I say - it was done around me, from the first second. Within days, a riichtiger bottle moved in with me.

My sensations to the fragrance ...sweet, warm, floral creamy and with a very own, delicate spice (unfortunately not very long), behind which I suspect the allspice.
Fine hints of apricot, plum and noble flowers, embedded in an embrace of coconut, almond and vanilla. So beautiful, so opulent and beguiling, and yet elegant and extravagant and so harmonious in its composition, that I am quite overwhelmed.
The name says it all. Hypnotizing poison. You want to wear it always, snuggle into it, let yourself be seduced and enchanted by this sweet poison. For me, a whole new great love, which will certainly accompany me for a long time.

My conclusion - prejudice is stupid per se. But despite the fact that I am not free of them, I try (since then even more) to face things with an open mind and without bias.
My second skin
Amazing how long some perfumes have been around and you kept sniffing it the years....and BOOM, suddenly you fall in love with this scent.
Exactly so it goes me currently with Hypnotic Poison.

Even the bottle alone is an eye-catcher I think, I love how it feels in the hand.

The scent is a lovely cloud of soothing vanilla, softness, confidence, warmth, love and lots of eroticism. It smells incredibly delicious, I want to drink a warm vanilla milk every time I have it on top. This scent is so cohesive in the whole combination. It is a feminine scent, delicate, loving and somehow also mysterious, mystical and seductive. The coconut note is also very delicious and creamy. It is a soft scent through and through. This scent envelops me and whispers that all is well, I may let go and relax, just be me.

Pretty dressed (black stockings, dress...) this fragrance works in everything even a touch more attractive I think ;) But also only imaginable with a negligee ;)) If I had to define a highly erotic fragrance for women, it would be hypnotic Poison. It goes through for me as my second skin , as I currently wear it constantly and several times during the day, I have become addicted - I would be successfully hypnotized.

I think it is a very sensual and erotic fragrance which is worth gold especially in the cold season
Poetry in a bottle
Starting with the bottle, Hypnotic Poison is already a small work of art in itself. The deep red color and look and feel of the bottle skillfully imitate a freshly candied, juicy Gala apple.
The design of all the bottles of the Poison series of Dior since the 80s is a clear interpretation of the apple in the Fall of the Old Testament. The marketing idea for an irresistible perfume that is supposed to be worth sinning for, in combination with the visualization of the forbidden fruit, seems trite and rather obvious at first, but is very successful in its implementation with all its refined details. In my collection, this bottle is one of the most visually appealing. As a "packaging victim" I just can not resist beautiful things.

I was blown away by this scent: It's sweet, passionate, so-so classy, and doesn't bring a youthful, short-lived non-commitment like I'm used to from the girly Juicy Couture scents, but suggests the seriousness of a confident, passionate, grown woman who knows what she wants - What in the world is more appealing than that, please? Exactly that spirit goes straight to the person wearing the fragrance. (I can literally feel the fragrance awakening the little poet in me as I write this.)
Almond and vanilla are the main characters in this one. This dramatic duo smells so delicious that it makes me want something sweet right away, because it reminds me a lot of a big, creamy vanilla ice cream sundae with California almonds and shredded coconut.
The shelf life is bomb. I've never worn an eau de toilette as strong as this one, which is still present in the morning after an eight-hour beauty sleep. Speaking of boudoir, Hypnotic Poison is the perfect choice for very personal moments. The seduction is clearly successful, because the fragrance simply enchants - whether man or woman - with its unique irresistibility.
I do not mind in the least that this is a mainstream fragrance. Designer fragrances usually have it in themselves that they are bought and loved by the masses. In addition, I do not make my individuality on a fragrance.
For more than 20 years and hyped by many people as the holy grail for dating and intimate hours, this fragrance definitely has its raison d'être.
The popular classic Hypnotic Poison hits the most powerful myth of mankind with a perfectly balanced arrow right in the heart.
RedVanilla
My grandma's apricot pie!
Warm, delicious, sweet and here in a bottle. Thus figure and diabetic friendly. More dessert than perfume is almost not possible. Ripe apricots in a jam jar. And because it's so nice and cozy, the almond and vanilla wants to come with it too. Nothing is used discreetly here. This fragrance is meant to draw attention to the wearer. Now, of course, as always, you could ask the question: Do I really want to smell like an apricot cake? And for me, there's a very clear answer there. Yes, why not. There are worse things after you could smell.

One must know at this point Hypnotic Poison has this name not without reason. One lets both the nearer and further environment participate in this fragrance. A silage, which gives the term space-grabbing more meaning than many other fragrances. But sometimes it has to be a little more to achieve the feel-good factor. Then the environment must also go through. Carpe Diem I say only.

Conclusion: A classic, which has now survived many decades and always represents the perfect choice in cold temperatures. Applied in the morning and still present in the evening. And who has him and wears may then like to smell, like the apricot cake of my grandmother.
An old acquaintance
At that time with 18 years I found the fragrance beautiful, with its great vanilla nuances The oriental, beguiling and sensual character has fascinated me at that time The fragrance story has of course also contributed their rest to it ;
Meanwhile, it was 10 years ago..... and I have the fragrance long ago banned from my fragrance assortment.
The fragrance has unfortunately lost its luster and is now one of the NoGo'S for me
Hypnotic Poison - The Red Apple
Hypnotic Poison was once quite wonderful, now it's still quite good.
Ten years ago it was really an enticing fragrance, sweet-woody-oriental.
Sweet it still is, but it's kind of weary, weaker. The vanilla is still pleasant, but less woody, but the almond note seems to have become stronger, it is now more reminiscent, but only remotely, of marzipan. The apricot note I perceive, the plum note not.
The hint of coconut gives the fragrance a special charm, often I don't like coconut notes at all, but here just this one gives a twist.
The sandalwood can be detected in the base, but it is not very strong.
I notice the jasmine most strongly in the floral heart.
I wouldn't have been able to detect the rose note, as Hypnotic Poison is a very sweet scent that is very tightly knit. It's actually not very provocative at all. However, you can tell that the white florals have not been used sparingly overall. A tuberose note is also included. This holds itself here, however, in the background and is because of the whole, this fragrance's own sweetness, only schwieg as such to recognize.
The name suggests a wilder caliber, but basically Hypnotic Poison, especially the newer version, is a gentle and somehow charming fragrance. For a while, you could often smell it on other people, too, but it doesn't seem to enjoy quite as much popularity anymore, which may please some, but not others.
I am always happy when someone has found a fragrance that brings joy. The bottle rather indicates a loud fragrance. He may have been once, but overall he is quite tame
NoorBisou
Perfumed femininity full of warmth and passion
I know this fragrance for a very long time.
I got him the other day for the first time...
It reminds me of winter over 10 years ago. At that time my best friend wore it with whom I am still friends. I knew it would remind me of her and maybe that was exactly why I ordered it. It's cold outside and this is one of those scents that is perfect for winter I think for summer it's definitely too strong. I wisp out the vanilla the strongest. It's also the only scent I like even though it has rose in it. I probably like it so much because the vanilla and the almond drown out the rose.... At least that's how I perceive it. I can very well imagine that this is not everyone's fragrance. If you don't like vanilla, you should leave it alone.
To the durability I can only say in the morning applied one smells him until late evening still. Whether man or woman, the response regarding this fragrance is positive every time. Two pumpstöße are completely sufficient. My husband loves vanilla and that's why he always responds positively to it. This fragrance smells expensive, elegant and you so feminine. It is definitely a very warm scent and I find that it smells better and better with time after you apply it. Confident women who like to stand out should definitely get this fragrance.
My vanilla dream?
I didn't like you before...and time went by..years and years..
Then I saw you again and tried you again..and that's when it sparked! AND HOW!!! I learned to love you with all the facets you give me.
Every day I perceive other fragrances which I find great but the vanilla in the drydown is just the best - just heavenly..I think I will always try to wear you even in the summer?

The scent is already a little heavy but not so much.

I smell coconut sometimes more and then sometimes more apricot - that is different every day with me..
And then comes aufjedenfall the vanilla for me like a powdered sugar dusted vanilla daherkommt..
He keeps really super and is for others also visibly noticeable and I like that too.

T3lk4T3lk4 5 days ago
Hypnotic is the right word for this one, it's sweet and attractive makes you want to constantly smell it.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A little bit sweeter and rounder than the edp version, it's a sensual scent where the spicy-floral notes marry a wonderfiul almond.A must
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Diable Rouge edp, 1998; maxed out futurama! The most potent and beautiful almond, vanilla, musk and heliotrope. Poisonous comfort elixir!

by Sweetsmell75
by Unchaned
by Unchaned
by Miapea
by Miapea
Winterzeit, Advent, Weihnachten und das bei frostigen/eisigen/.... Temperaturen.
by Baeumchen
by Echtdufte
by Vanna
by Vanna

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior