Hypnotic Poison 1998Eau de Toilette

Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1998. The scent is sweet-oriental. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Molecule 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesApricot, Coconut, Plum, Pimento
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Rose, Rosewood, Tuberose
Base Notes Base NotesAlmond, Sandalwood, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 25.10.2020.

Miieenchen
An engagement gift with consequences
This is the first time I have received this fragrance as a gift from my current husband.
He was a little too strong at the beginning and it was with the perfume unfortunately not like with my husband, love at first sight ... but at second sight . I wore it to special moments and he gradually became my faithful companion. A light dose of *poison* is enough to drive my husband crazy and this fragrance also managed to create a memory for eternity.

The flacon is very appealing and fits in almost every bag.
My darling
the scent is so sensual... it smells so delicious and so seductive... so powerful and schön❤❤❤
It envelops your whole body with an invisible warmth that can be perceived with all your senses ... it is as if you were dancing in a room in the wind that kisses your skin ... it softly leaves only a trace ... a small imprint ... that disappears very quickly. You wake up covered in vanilla ❤❤❤

When I spray it, I have the feeling that it is playing a trick on me... whenever I thought I could catch the vanilla note it disappears and when I do nothing, a beautiful people with an incredible breeze that is so beautiful after vanilla surprises me riecht❤❤❤

...the smell is so cosy that you immediately think of an open fire with hot cocoa and snow and cold outside.
A scent to snuggle up in... it warms our hearts ❤ ❤ ❤ the magic is in the air ✨✨✨
Warm, sensual and special
Somehow I had saved Hypnotic Poison as a typical headache candidate and never tested it again, but then I got curious because of the many good reviews and sprayed it on again and lo and behold - I love it! The most characteristic I find is the almond, followed by the vanilla - and all components together result in a very special and special warm, powdery, seductive fragrance composition.

In my opinion Hypnotic Poison is predestined for the evening and more suitable for autumn/winter.

Silage and durability are the hammer!
Tatjanax
Too mainstream for many - but still beautiful
A fragrance that every one of my girlfriends feels like she has, but I can still smell and love it to this day! This heavy, cuddly vanilla almond scent is simply beautiful. For me it fits best into the autumn/winter- and especially Christmas time. Simply an all-round scent to feel good and cuddle up
Vivien1001
sweet heaviness - but not for me
The smell of it kills you. You should definitely not spray this candidate.
The almond - vanilla - fruit composition is a very warm and heavy winter classic. Very gourmand and such a strong shelf life that you can even get the full buzz the next day. The Sillage is also very impressive - the scent floats around you like a sweet bubble.

But now to the negative: Unfortunately, the scent doesn't work well on me at all and gives me a bad headache. On others however I find it very good. Unfortunately, it seems to be my fate.

The classic par excellence
Christian Dior makes wonderful fragrances. So does the world famous Hypnotic Poison. I've known it for half an eternity and I love wearing it. I think this perfume makes simply Ladylike. The fragrance lasts for an incredibly long time and is especially suitable for going out and festive occasions. Several people have already mentioned it.
5.5
Moonprincess
The men seem to like him...
... i'm afraid I'm just mediocre. Far too many women wear it, but for me personally it's not so special. The fragrance doesn't necessarily make me feel like a seductress, and that's exactly what the fragrance was supposed to achieve. I find the fragrance too unbalanced for that and it doesn't really have anything special. Nevertheless, men seem to like to smell it, and this is the only reason why I bought it. If you spray on enough, the scent really lasts for a long time, that's all there is to say on my part. I don't think it would be Dior if the hype about this fragrance was half as big
TheaTralisch
Another comment on Hypnotic Poison...
.... you certainly do not need, but I would also like to write something about it.
Although I have been perfume- and fragrance-crazy for almost 20 years, I actually did NOT know Hypnotic Poison until the beginning of this year!
Yet the fragrance is a classic, which is loved by many so hot.
In January I went to the perfumery to try something new. I started completely unprejudiced and sniffed here and there.
When I was asked by a nice saleswoman what she could show me, I said that I was looking for a warm, soft, cuddly, cuddly scent. (I didn't mention any of my preferred scents yet, I wanted to specify that later...)
She immediately steered single-mindedly towards the Poison family and sprayed me with Hypnotic Poison.
When I had it in my nose for the first time and had not even finished smelling the top note, I knew immediately that this fragrance belonged to me and without hesitation bought it on the spot. I have never decided on a perfume so quickly before!
I am so grateful to the saleswoman, because obviously she really knows her job, because she immediately knew what I was getting at. It must have been fate that I met exactly this salesgirl on that very day in this perfumery!
And let's face it - you rarely find such professionals, because - sorry if that sounds bad - the majority of perfume saleswomen simply don't have what it takes.
Hypnotic Poison is a fragrance that does not seem to come from this world and from now on it will always belong in my collection.
Cruella de Vil
Hello, I am new and would like (even if many have already done so) also an opinion on the here so highly praised Hypnotic Poison to the best
I've tested many scents... A few days ago the very first time the Hypnotic Poison because it has soooooo super ratings and the fragrance components absolutely appeal to me.
What can I say, I was absolutely shocked... It is described as a warm, seductive fragrance with gourmand oriental notes and vanilla, almond and a man's magnet. (Don't understand how anyone could be attracted to such a scent)

So I first tested him on a cloth and was killed by a bouquet of flowers.
OK, I thought he might look different on his skin, but unfortunately, no... No trace of vanilla or coconut or almond. I had the urgent need to wash it down, so it overtaxed my olfactory nerves. I did not do it, wanted to give the poison a chance, but unfortunately it did not get better.
I cannot describe the course of events, because he simply had none with me.
Except my own state of mind nothing has changed, and although I sniffed my wrist every 5 minutes, after all it can't be what I smelled, nothing has really improved. It was staggering, almost comatose 6 hours later I could bear it, but I wouldn't call it a nice scent.

With this fragrance I imagine a somewhat more stable woman (I know, Cruella is rather Hager) in advanced age with black permed, highly tousled hair, bright red fingernails as well as lipstick, a little too much blush and blue eye shadow, strutting around in a fur coat. That's Hypnotic Poison to me...
Cranky, loud and more appearance than his

Unfortunately! I would have liked him so much ????

Please don't lynch me, it's really just my feelings. For those who love this fragrance, I am very happy.
Parfümlein
Ode to Hypnotic Poison - freely adapted from Schiller, sung by 1042 owners of this fragrance on Parfumo!
HP, beautiful god spark,
Daughter from Elisium,
We walk in drunk as a skunk
Heavenly one, your sanctuary Your spells bind again,
what the fashion sword shared;
and Parfumos become brothers,
where your gentle scent lingers.

Be embraced, millions! This fragrance of the whole world! br /> Brothers - above the starry firmament
must live Hypnotic Poison.

Who succeeded in the big litter,
to be a friend of this fragrance;
who has won a vial,
mix in his cheers! br /> Yes - whoever even has ONE nose
to be called on the earth's roundabout!
He who has never smelt you, steal
weeping from our 'rem Bund!

Plum smell all beings
Pure coconut and allspice,
Apricot, tuberose
follow your rose trail You gave us almonds, vanilla Sandalwood, so deliciously soft,
and in devout silence
you'll make our souls rich .

Jazzy76Jazzy76 10 months ago
A little bit sweeter and rounder than the edp version, it's a sensual scent where the spicy-floral notes marry a wonderfiul almond.A must
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Diable Rouge edp, 1998; maxed out futurama! The most potent and beautiful almond, vanilla, musk and heliotrope. Poisonous comfort elixir!

by Sweetsmell75
by Ninina
by Thornyrose
by Thornyrose

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior