J'adore (1999)Eau de Parfum

J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior

J'adore (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesJasmine sambac, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 23.07.2020.

INDIGOSPHINXINDIGOSPHINX 116 days ago

„Classic She”

FYI this is written from a guy's perspective, got this as a sample from another purchase. My mom used to wear this. I remember stealing it out of her drawer and sniffing...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„Je ne l'adore pas du tout.”

I do truly adore the bottle, with its sleek, fondle-worthy shape and pyramidal gold slinky neck topped with a mini crystal ball. However, Dior J'ADORE...

Classic She

My mom used to wear this. I remember stealing it out of her drawer and sniffing it when I was a kid lol. I remember not liking this one but years have passed, would I have a different opinion now?

This one is a classic for decades to come. The notes need no further explanation but to my nose I mainly pick up y-lang-ylang, jasmine, and a little bit sandalwood. The rose is there but remains like a pink canvas background for the white strokes of jasmine to flourish.

This frag definitely requires some class to pull off. I really can't see this being pulled off by uber-extroverted girls that likes rap(nothing wrong with that but I just don't see this scent fit a person like that)
I see more of a picture of a young mother, maybe in her late 20s early 30s, dressed elegantly and very beautiful.
The freshness of the scent makes it a year-round IMO. Additionally, the extreme floralness without sweetness makes this very elegant. I think that adds to the versatility as well.

It reminds me of Joy Intense EDP, however this one smells ever so slightly classic.
Strong recommendation. I would love to smell this on a woman
GirlofNow
A fragrance that reminds me very much of my mother's warmth and love erinnert❤
Many who know me here know that I can't do anything with floral fragrances! Of course there are beautiful flowery scents but unfortunately most of them are too much or partly too soapy for me... Even now I am reluctant to admit that I still find it very difficult to make friends with flowery scents! I already knew J'adore, because my aunt used to love to wear...
Only it was never really a favorite of mine This perfume smelled quite good on her, I must say! She smelled very well cared for and one can almost say like spring:D
Since she didn't like the scent so much after a while she gave it away and changed ( Thanks to me:D) to la nuit Tresor edp ;))) For christmas I got the Dior Poison Girl edp from my mother and as a little present a small 5ml. J'adore bottle. Of course I was extremely happy about these gifts!:) Especially since the small 5ml. A day later I just had to test this perfume even though I was aware that this fragrance might not be for me. I gave myself two nice big dabs of this scent on my wrist and waited a little bit in the hope that I might like it :). Something surprised me very much with this scent!

Many of the floral scents are, as already mentioned, soapy or have partly this cold aura (I hope you understand what I mean exactly...) J'adore on the other hand is a very warm and elegant floral scent!) It radiates something very maternal in my eyes (and no I'm not crazy!) I have thought for a long time why this fragrance reminds me exactly of the maternal warmth but also love and then I finally came up with an answer:) Let's just say it reminds me very much (the smell itself) of my mother! When I sniff this fragrance I think of the love she gives me every day!:) The beautiful motivating words she says to me every day but also, to her warmth when she takes me in her arms when I'm not feeling so well!:)❤ For many it may sound too much but since I have a very close and strong bond to my mother I just feel exactly that or rather I have to think about it when I sniff this fragrance:) Since many are also interested in how the scent is probably on my skin, I will also describe.

The smell;
As already mentioned the fragrance is very floral! You have to like strong floral scents to like or better said to be able to wear this fragrance. Also there again as already mentioned this fragrance has a nice but also certain warmth!:) Ylang-Ylang dominated the whole fragrance process very strongly! Even though the top notes of my music disappeared very quickly, this top note was the most present for me! Jasmine gave the scent a very nice deep one, something that is a little bit addictive:D Jasmine scents could not really blow me away until now or better said as most of you here among you seduce, because I get headaches very quickly from scents where the jasmine note dominates very strongly. But thank god the jasmine note is more pleasant and light than with Alien. (And yes, I know you can NOT compare Alien and J'adore!) Since the scent does not tend towards the sweet but much more towards the fresh
i now personally believe that the fresh note I smell in the fragrance comes much more from the rose note. Unfortunately, I could not smell any other scents.

The only thing that bothers me about this scent is LEIDER die H+S! Unfortunately, this scent only lasts one hour in my house! This scent did not last longer:(((( I have tested this scent for a week now - even my mother couldn't smell me for more than an hour, neither on my skin nor on my clothes:((( The scent is nice but I wouldn't buy it for myself! Because H+S is very important to me when it comes to fragrances! And that this scent does not last long I find a pity:( I hope nevertheless that my text has become good!
Since I have put a lot of effort :))
Je l'adore? No! Mais ça me plaît un peu
The day before yesterday the cashier threw a sample of "J'adore" into my bag at the turquoise. I was happy about the test possibility and sprayed myself already on the parking lot courageously a weakling of the big name on my forearm. The big name aroused great hopes, although I always associated Dior with something very elegant and feminine, even a certain noblesse and was therefore already prepared that the fragrance could not really suit me.
Well, what follows now can certainly be called a self-fulfilling prophecy. It smells of a restrained citric cloud of floral delicacy. If I had to interpret "J'adore" musically, I would take the flute. Light tones dominate the fragrance, if it had a colour it would be light yellow with a pastel note. I smell ylang-ylang and a lot of jasmine, but the wooden base doesn't want to show itself to me. And so it blooms silently and quietly. I miss any depth. "J'adore" has as many corners and edges as a gym ball. I feel strange in my skin with this scent. That's how ladies smell when everything is perfect. From the hairstyle to the nails to the costume, to which no lint sticks. Fresh laundry comes to mind, clean as a whistle. As I ponder, I remove some white cat hair from my black woolen sweater.
Is the scent erotic? Not at all. It is the scent of an ethereal being who wants to smell fresh, clean and smart beyond any sexuality. There is nothing at all corrupt about it that wanted to point to undreamt-of depths behind the accurate façade of its wearer. I can well imagine the fragrance on very feminine women up to the age of 40 who have to do their job in a trouser suit or costume and at the same time want to look friendly and serious. "J'adore" is not obtrusive or even penetrating, but always remains fine and polite. This understatement can also be seen in the fragrance, which is linear like a string of pearls (which, by the way, wouldn't harmonize badly with "J'adore"). Sillage is perceptible at arm's length with an appropriate dosage, but here too the fragrance does not deviate from its restrained credo. After about four hours, the fragrance rapidly degrades in terms of shelf life and is only perceptible very close to the body.
"J'adore" is a fragrance that is likely to cause vehement rejection among the fewest noses. It is pleasing, a friendly, clear fragrance for lovers of floral chords, for whom the word extravagance has something immanently threatening about it.
All the more the naming irritates me. With the French "J'adore" I associate affect-controlled devotion, sensual desire and a tiny bit of animal instinct. I would have called the fragrance "Mais oui, ça me plaît un peu". But that's probably why I'm not in Dior's marketing department
Groxxda
old body lotion, or je n'adore pas
I don't love this scent, but I don't hate it either. My partner's comment when I put my wrist under his nose sums it up quite well: "Smells like our bathroom. Hmm, so not bad or anything. But not good either." ¯_(ツ)_/¯

As much as I like other Dior fragrances, I am disappointed by this mild soapy water. For me the fragrance unfortunately has the recognition value of a deodorant, or any shower cubicle in any city: it smells universal and unspectacular. A fragrance that everyone could really wear, a common fragrance after nobody turns around either.

It doesn't have to be anything bad, you certainly won't bother anyone with it, because J'adore isn't pushy at all. It's just not good for me and I can't understand all the good reviews. Fortunately, tastes are different!

A nice scent for summer
I thought it would be another clean-smelling scent that doesn't stand out from others on the streets, but in fact I haven't got bored of the scent after wearing it for two months! It is a sweet, white-floral scent, but it is not coyly sweet. Maybe the chemistry really works well with the weather of the city I currently live in--hot and humid--and this lively, scent freshens up the damp, heavy air around me every time I wear it.

At war with the Sun...
Certainly not a scent you would likely smell on a woman frequenting black light-illuminated underground clubs, where wearing sable, purple and burgundy attires bedecked with steel and pewter accessories is a sine qua non prerequisite for entering them. Any woman wearing it in such a place would be most likely treated like a priestess upon stumbling on a undeads' lair, who by the same token were heretics while still alive, with J'adore acting like the holy water in which she bathed before making their acquaintance.

But since I like women who think of the sun as an archenemy which would turn them to dust, if they ever acted foolishly enough to be exposed to its radiant caress, I'll sadly have to pass.

J'adore is jubilant, classy and carefree, mais je n'adore pas. There's nothing wrong with these adjectives, but when it comes to perfumes I dig "dramatic" a lot more. In other words, and given that Charlize Theron was the face of J'adore's campaign at some point, let's say I prefer her tenebrous, heartbreaking solemnity while being "In the Valley of Elah" over her classy and sassy antics while doing "The Italian job". You see, I believe that women of her caliber are always way more alluring when smelling of sulphur and dust instead of smelling like fruits and white flowers. Or to put it in another way, the sun is always there; however it's what it shines upon that really matters. And for me Charlize Theron is very, very desirable under its scorching presence during her rebellious stance and haggard looks in "Mad Max:Fury Road". But that's just me and my febrile gothic delusions again.

Since J'adore carries a tremendous amount of resplendence, it's bottle could be no different than a drop of incandescent amber escaping the sun, with every aspect of sun's essence and symbolisms being more than abundant in even the tiniest droplet of J'adore's soul. In a parallel universe ruled by non-Newtonian physics and Riemannian geometry, when this drop would reach the Earth, it would unleash a nuclear bomb's olfactory equivalent of gaiety and elegance, shaking the very foundations of lonesomeness and melancholia. But for some of us this would mean nothing more than a time to run for shelter in a delapidated bunker reeking with Fahrenheit and Poison.

You can shoot me down in flames now for not liking one of the most adored embodiments of joyousness and panache in perfumery, but I'm ready to take all the flak. What chances would I stand anyway being flanked by its swarm of flankers? But as I always say, castigating a perfume is one thing and reprimanding the ones liking it is another. I don't like J'adore, but this doesn't grant me by any means the right to insult the ones adoring it. All the more that I am usually the one who gets bashed for preferring '80s powerhouses and vintage formulations over modern flimsy launches and "contemporary interpretations" of classics. Maybe it's time for some haters to stop playing hooky from the Latin class and finally acknowledge that "de gustibus non disputandum est" is a very wise maxim.

J'Adore
J'Adore is a beautiful floral scent with the most beautiful Jasmine ever ......
I have the necessary fragrances but have decided to J'adore to my signature fragrance. This smell should fit you but if this is the case you can smell really heavenly. My husband often asks me to this scent to set up. He finds this smell feminine, sexy, romantic but also chic.

Pillar!
J’adore is one of those modern classics we may take for granted: it’s solid, always pleasant in pretty much any circumstance, stylish yet undemanding and carefree. A soapy-fruity blend with a fresh, invigorating opening of bergamot notes and peach, then white flowers, vanilla, a silky and clean jasmine “deprived” of its earthy-indolicness, with a beautiful crystalline rose note on a mellow base of sweet sandalwood and discreet cedar. All perfectly “rounded” and made a bit more “adult” by aldehydes and darker floral notes (tuberose). A fruity-powdery scent, if you want: a bit conventional and not a “wow”, probably, but with a really pleasant and cozy fresh, golden, white-plushy sense of liveliness, this making it quite appealing also for younger audiences. Yet it is also rich, slightly shady if you pay attention, with a thin feel of something more adult and sensual floating all over. Classy and cheerful. Not memorable, probably, and not the most distinctive scent around, but not all scents have to be like that; J’adore is a timeless, perfect, carefree and “safe” scent which can make pretty much any woman (or man) smell elegant, discreetly confident, “generically” sophisticated with a hint of “urban-young” allure in pretty much any situation. One of the several mainstream scents far superior to niche floral ones which rip them off at twice the price. Recommended!

7,5-8/10
3.5

Melting Plastic
I wore this on my left hand most of the day, Dior Poison on my right. These two smell so different from the Dior private collection, they don't seem to belong in the same company. What could go wrong with such simple, lovely notes? J'adore has a stuffily synthetic undertone that vaguely reminds me of melting plastic, like many of the Bond No 9's do. Too bad. I like ylang-ylang, rose, jasmine and sandalwood. Wish they hadn't mixed them in a plastic vial that they held over a bunsen burner.

Tuberose and An Unpleasantness
J'adore and I were not happy campers in the same tent. A strong tuberose opening gave way to many, many florals invading my space to a (cough, cough) urine odor that at that point intermingled with buttered popcorn. I have not figured out what it is yet, but there are some perfumes that if tuberose is an ingredient, I will smell buttered popcorn. It has that effect with my skin's chemistry, and it's actually quite nice (the buttered popcorn effect). It turns to a delightful melted butter over fresh popcorn, the kind you'd get at movie houses, or the kind you make at home, either way, it's fresh and aromatic. I've heard that J'adore is complicated and changes on a person. It did for me. Over several hours time it evolves from a mind-blowing tuberose down to an unpleasant urine odor that I cannot stomach and just will not go away. J'adore and I parted ways.

TruckladyTrucklady 14 months ago
Much more bearable without that hideous melon note. Use sparingly on a hot, humid day.

5 ml
by Eloisa23
by ChopIsland
Vielen lieben Dank für Eure netten Worte und die Auszeichnungen ...
by MadameLegras
At night-Fresh Für Santalwalti. Stadt-J'adore ohne prachtvolle Blüten ;)...und ein liebevolles Dankeschön an Herbstblond, die mir J'adore überließ...
by Sonnenwind
H E U T E  - I S T - W E L T - A I D S - T A G
by Ineke89
by Ineke89
by YumiLo
Massiver, schwerer Taschensprüher, nachfüllbar.
by Endorphin
by Isabelle1
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Les Elixirs Precieux - Ambre by Dior