J'adore 1999Eau de Parfum

J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
J'adore (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1999. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Calice Becker

Top Notes Top NotesYlang-ylang
Heart Notes Heart NotesDamask rose
Base Notes Base NotesJasmine sambac, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 11.04.2021.

J'adore - Clean soapy floral delight
J'adore is great. It is discreet, but perceptible. You always feel well cared for with J'adore.
Definitely it's a bit soapy, but in a modern way. The soapy note doesn't remind me of aldehydes in any way, at least not to me. The ylang-ylang seems very natural to me. Initially, the ylang-ylang - note is strong for me, but that does not bother me, because I like to smell it.
The rose comes through, but it does not shape the fragrance in a fundamental way.
I find the jasmine note very successful, it is even radiant for me.
Woody I do not find the perfume,nor is he powdery, he is floral and almost purist and in my opinion festive, but always appropriate.
The sweetness here is chic, nothing seems even remotely overloaded or too playful. Overall, J'adore is totally great for me and definitely a modern fragrance that will probably be popular for a long time to come and please many people.
I would even dare to give it as a gift, as it seems uncomplicated to me.
J'adore receives the wearer openly, but not stormy and reveals its florality quickly. This then also remains for a long time and then slowly settles down
Fresh, flowery, innocent
So first of all, I like the scent very much, but the Sillage is just ridiculous compared to other scents - nevertheless it is a great classic.

The flowers in this fragrance make it very feminine, fresh and clean. I think this is a fragrance that any woman can wear.

The Ylang Ylang is very dominant and makes you feel like you are in a freshly blossoming flower meadow.

Great fragrance for every day, the office and as a gift.

Classic She
FYI this is written from a guy's perspective, got this as a sample from another purchase.

My mom used to wear this. I remember stealing it out of her drawer and sniffing it when I was a kid lol. I remember not liking this one but years have passed, would I have a different opinion now?

This one is a classic for decades to come. The notes need no further explanation but to my nose I mainly pick up y-lang-ylang, jasmine, and a little bit sandalwood. The rose is there but remains like a pink canvas background for the white strokes of jasmine to flourish.

This frag definitely requires some class to pull off. I really can't see this being pulled off by uber-extroverted girls that likes rap(nothing wrong with that but I just don't see this scent fit a person like that)
I see more of a picture of a young mother, maybe in her late 20s early 30s, dressed elegantly and very beautiful.
The freshness of the scent makes it a year-round IMO. Additionally, the extreme floralness without sweetness makes this very elegant. I think that adds to the versatility as well.

It reminds me of Joy Intense EDP, however this one smells ever so slightly classic.
Strong recommendation. I would love to smell this on a woman
GirlofNow
A fragrance that reminds me very much of my mother's warmth and love erinnert❤
Many who know me here know that I can't do anything with floral fragrances! Of course there are beautiful flowery scents but unfortunately most of them are too much or partly too soapy for me... Even now I am reluctant to admit that I still find it very difficult to make friends with flowery scents! I already knew J'adore, because my aunt used to love to wear...
Only it was never really a favorite of mine This perfume smelled quite good on her, I must say! She smelled very well cared for and one can almost say like spring:D
Since she didn't like the scent so much after a while she gave it away and changed ( Thanks to me:D) to la nuit Tresor edp ;))) For christmas I got the Dior Poison Girl edp from my mother and as a little present a small 5ml. J'adore bottle. Of course I was extremely happy about these gifts!:) Especially since the small 5ml. A day later I just had to test this perfume even though I was aware that this fragrance might not be for me. I gave myself two nice big dabs of this scent on my wrist and waited a little bit in the hope that I might like it :). Something surprised me very much with this scent!

Many of the floral scents are, as already mentioned, soapy or have partly this cold aura (I hope you understand what I mean exactly...) J'adore on the other hand is a very warm and elegant floral scent!) It radiates something very maternal in my eyes (and no I'm not crazy!) I have thought for a long time why this fragrance reminds me exactly of the maternal warmth but also love and then I finally came up with an answer:) Let's just say it reminds me very much (the smell itself) of my mother! When I sniff this fragrance I think of the love she gives me every day!:) The beautiful motivating words she says to me every day but also, to her warmth when she takes me in her arms when I'm not feeling so well!:)❤ For many it may sound too much but since I have a very close and strong bond to my mother I just feel exactly that or rather I have to think about it when I sniff this fragrance:) Since many are also interested in how the scent is probably on my skin, I will also describe.

The smell;
As already mentioned the fragrance is very floral! You have to like strong floral scents to like or better said to be able to wear this fragrance. Also there again as already mentioned this fragrance has a nice but also certain warmth!:) Ylang-Ylang dominated the whole fragrance process very strongly! Even though the top notes of my music disappeared very quickly, this top note was the most present for me! Jasmine gave the scent a very nice deep one, something that is a little bit addictive:D Jasmine scents could not really blow me away until now or better said as most of you here among you seduce, because I get headaches very quickly from scents where the jasmine note dominates very strongly. But thank god the jasmine note is more pleasant and light than with Alien. (And yes, I know you can NOT compare Alien and J'adore!) Since the scent does not tend towards the sweet but much more towards the fresh
i now personally believe that the fresh note I smell in the fragrance comes much more from the rose note. Unfortunately, I could not smell any other scents.

The only thing that bothers me about this scent is LEIDER die H+S! Unfortunately, this scent only lasts one hour in my house! This scent did not last longer:(((( I have tested this scent for a week now - even my mother couldn't smell me for more than an hour, neither on my skin nor on my clothes:((( The scent is nice but I wouldn't buy it for myself! Because H+S is very important to me when it comes to fragrances! And that this scent does not last long I find a pity:( I hope nevertheless that my text has become good!
Since I have put a lot of effort :))
Je l'adore? No! Mais ça me plaît un peu
The day before yesterday the cashier threw a sample of "J'adore" into my bag at the turquoise. I was happy about the test possibility and sprayed myself already on the parking lot courageously a weakling of the big name on my forearm. The big name aroused great hopes, although I always associated Dior with something very elegant and feminine, even a certain noblesse and was therefore already prepared that the fragrance could not really suit me.
Well, what follows now can certainly be called a self-fulfilling prophecy. It smells of a restrained citric cloud of floral delicacy. If I had to interpret "J'adore" musically, I would take the flute. Light tones dominate the fragrance, if it had a colour it would be light yellow with a pastel note. I smell ylang-ylang and a lot of jasmine, but the wooden base doesn't want to show itself to me. And so it blooms silently and quietly. I miss any depth. "J'adore" has as many corners and edges as a gym ball. I feel strange in my skin with this scent. That's how ladies smell when everything is perfect. From the hairstyle to the nails to the costume, to which no lint sticks. Fresh laundry comes to mind, clean as a whistle. As I ponder, I remove some white cat hair from my black woolen sweater.
Is the scent erotic? Not at all. It is the scent of an ethereal being who wants to smell fresh, clean and smart beyond any sexuality. There is nothing at all corrupt about it that wanted to point to undreamt-of depths behind the accurate façade of its wearer. I can well imagine the fragrance on very feminine women up to the age of 40 who have to do their job in a trouser suit or costume and at the same time want to look friendly and serious. "J'adore" is not obtrusive or even penetrating, but always remains fine and polite. This understatement can also be seen in the fragrance, which is linear like a string of pearls (which, by the way, wouldn't harmonize badly with "J'adore"). Sillage is perceptible at arm's length with an appropriate dosage, but here too the fragrance does not deviate from its restrained credo. After about four hours, the fragrance rapidly degrades in terms of shelf life and is only perceptible very close to the body.
"J'adore" is a fragrance that is likely to cause vehement rejection among the fewest noses. It is pleasing, a friendly, clear fragrance for lovers of floral chords, for whom the word extravagance has something immanently threatening about it.
All the more the naming irritates me. With the French "J'adore" I associate affect-controlled devotion, sensual desire and a tiny bit of animal instinct. I would have called the fragrance "Mais oui, ça me plaît un peu". But that's probably why I'm not in Dior's marketing department
Groxxda
old body lotion, or je n'adore pas
I don't love this scent, but I don't hate it either. My partner's comment when I put my wrist under his nose sums it up quite well: "Smells like our bathroom. Hmm, so not bad or anything. But not good either." ¯_(ツ)_/¯

As much as I like other Dior fragrances, I am disappointed by this mild soapy water. For me the fragrance unfortunately has the recognition value of a deodorant, or any shower cubicle in any city: it smells universal and unspectacular. A fragrance that everyone could really wear, a common fragrance after nobody turns around either.

It doesn't have to be anything bad, you certainly won't bother anyone with it, because J'adore isn't pushy at all. It's just not good for me and I can't understand all the good reviews. Fortunately, tastes are different!
SchatzSucher
Give joy with a pure heart
In the search for fragrances, whether for him or her, you try out the most diverse scents and quickly find out which direction you feel comfortable with and which ones you can eliminate.
It is a little more difficult when you want to find a suitable fragrance for someone else. You should already know the person in question well. This can otherwise quickly go to the pants. Fragrances are something very personal after all.
Sometimes one would like to make a dear person happy and maybe even contribute to cheer him up a bit.

So I came across a few years ago in search of a beautiful new fragrance for my dear mum This was at a time when she was not well and everything around her seemed dark and bleak.
A serious accident robbed her of her cheerfulness for a long time, threw her physically and mentally quite off track. We stood helplessly beside her and did everything we could to make her forget the bad things. It succeeded very laboriously and only so bit by bit, with a lot of patience and distraction.
And it is also said that a beautiful and carefully selected fragrance can help to brighten the mood. Anyway, I wanted to try it.

Heavy serious fragrances would not be suitable for this. There should be something cheerful, radiant, friendly. If possible not too complicated, that was already enough. My mother does not like heavy opulent scents anyway However, since I know my mom's fragrance preferences very well and she always trusts my judgement, after some searching I chose the beautiful and fine J'adore EdP.

This fragrance with its beautiful and uncomplicated floral notes should then hit the mark.
Rose is always very welcome in fragrances. With its beguiling and uplifting scent it sets the tone here. But the beautiful rose is cushioned in combination with jasmine and slightly changed in tone, into the slightly sweetish.
With a hint of Ylang-Ylang, the whole thing becomes an almost innocent purity.
Jasmine and Ylang-Ylang are both quite luxuriant smelling representatives. But here at J'adore they are composed so discreetly that they don't seem obtrusive. I can only smell sandalwood in the base, the scent remains flowery with this fine soap note
The theme with these very pure and as if freshly washed appearing rose scents should only become really popular some years later, when I think of the extremely clean almost clinical appearing rose scents of Chloé or Escada, which came up in 2007 and enjoyed great popularity and are partly still sold well.
J'adore was already a kind of pioneer there in the late 90s.

One can certainly criticize this rather soapy scent, also the very linear course, because the scent does not change much and remains radiantly clean and pure the whole time.
I really like it here. In my opinion, fragrances don't always have to be lush, complex and highly complicated with the most unusual fragrance components. It is also allowed to shift down a gear or two and you can also enjoy the smaller and simpler things.

On my mother, J'adore smells gently rosy with a touch of the finest noble luxury soap and lasts very long, the scent can be perceived for a good 8 hours, on my clothes you can smell it the next day.
J'adore remains gentle, friendly, cheerful and radiates a beautiful warmth all the time. Nothing stings, nothing scratches, nothing bites.
The flacon is also very nicely designed and a real treat for the hand. Maybe this design, together with the very elaborate advertising, is a bit thickly applied for this rather pretentious fragrance and possibly promises too much.
But you shouldn't be dazzled by that.
I don't know of any occasions and seasons that J'adore would not suit, if one is inclined towards this fragrance.

My mother liked the scent from the first moment and I was very happy to find that it improved her mood a lot. She said herself that it was like a fine ray of sunshine on her.
J'adore has thus become one of her favourites (besides Roses de Chloé) and I am sure that she wears it on one of the Christmas days and she will be surrounded by this friendly, pure radiance.

I have a special relationship with J'adore because of the great quality of always bringing a smile to my mother's face and letting her forget the physical impairments every now and then. And to my mother anyway The consequences of the accident can no longer be cured, but she has learned to deal with it and to take everything back with her heart-warming humour and to no longer see everything as black.
So it has been shown that even a less complex fragrance can spread joy.

These words will be my last comment in 2018. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all those who have given me their attention during my first six months here and wish all those who have come to know me a Merry Christmas and all the best for 2019!

A nice scent for summer
I thought it would be another clean-smelling scent that doesn't stand out from others on the streets, but in fact I haven't got bored of the scent after wearing it for two months! It is a sweet, white-floral scent, but it is not coyly sweet. Maybe the chemistry really works well with the weather of the city I currently live in--hot and humid--and this lively, scent freshens up the damp, heavy air around me every time I wear it.

At war with the Sun...
Certainly not a scent you would likely smell on a woman frequenting black light-illuminated underground clubs, where wearing sable, purple and burgundy attires bedecked with steel and pewter accessories is a sine qua non prerequisite for entering them. Any woman wearing it in such a place would be most likely treated like a priestess upon stumbling on a undeads' lair, who by the same token were heretics while still alive, with J'adore acting like the holy water in which she bathed before making their acquaintance.

But since I like women who think of the sun as an archenemy which would turn them to dust, if they ever acted foolishly enough to be exposed to its radiant caress, I'll sadly have to pass.

J'adore is jubilant, classy and carefree, mais je n'adore pas. There's nothing wrong with these adjectives, but when it comes to perfumes I dig "dramatic" a lot more. In other words, and given that Charlize Theron was the face of J'adore's campaign at some point, let's say I prefer her tenebrous, heartbreaking solemnity while being "In the Valley of Elah" over her classy and sassy antics while doing "The Italian job". You see, I believe that women of her caliber are always way more alluring when smelling of sulphur and dust instead of smelling like fruits and white flowers. Or to put it in another way, the sun is always there; however it's what it shines upon that really matters. And for me Charlize Theron is very, very desirable under its scorching presence during her rebellious stance and haggard looks in "Mad Max:Fury Road". But that's just me and my febrile gothic delusions again.

Since J'adore carries a tremendous amount of resplendence, it's bottle could be no different than a drop of incandescent amber escaping the sun, with every aspect of sun's essence and symbolisms being more than abundant in even the tiniest droplet of J'adore's soul. In a parallel universe ruled by non-Newtonian physics and Riemannian geometry, when this drop would reach the Earth, it would unleash a nuclear bomb's olfactory equivalent of gaiety and elegance, shaking the very foundations of lonesomeness and melancholia. But for some of us this would mean nothing more than a time to run for shelter in a delapidated bunker reeking with Fahrenheit and Poison.

You can shoot me down in flames now for not liking one of the most adored embodiments of joyousness and panache in perfumery, but I'm ready to take all the flak. What chances would I stand anyway being flanked by its swarm of flankers? But as I always say, castigating a perfume is one thing and reprimanding the ones liking it is another. I don't like J'adore, but this doesn't grant me by any means the right to insult the ones adoring it. All the more that I am usually the one who gets bashed for preferring '80s powerhouses and vintage formulations over modern flimsy launches and "contemporary interpretations" of classics. Maybe it's time for some haters to stop playing hooky from the Latin class and finally acknowledge that "de gustibus non disputandum est" is a very wise maxim.

J'Adore
J'Adore is a beautiful floral scent with the most beautiful Jasmine ever ......
I have the necessary fragrances but have decided to J'adore to my signature fragrance. This smell should fit you but if this is the case you can smell really heavenly. My husband often asks me to this scent to set up. He finds this smell feminine, sexy, romantic but also chic.

ScentilityScentility 4 months ago
J’adore. I adore it. Be adored. On my skin it’s jasmines and a touch of orange blossom. Intoxicating sunny spring tree blooms in the Garden.
TruckladyTrucklady 2 years ago
Much more bearable without that hideous melon note. Use sparingly on a hot, humid day.

5 ml
by Eloisa23
by MadameLegras
At night-Fresh Für Santalwalti. Stadt-J'adore ohne prachtvolle Blüten ;)...und ein liebevolles Dankeschön an Herbstblond, die mir J'adore überließ...
by Sonnenwind
Ein Mini im Gesteck
by UniqueCherie
by UniqueCherie
by BeGantle
J'adore l'hiver dans les montagnes...
by VanAllan
by Inger
H E U T E  - I S T - W E L T - A I D S - T A G
by Ineke89
by Ineke89
Massiver, schwerer Taschensprüher, nachfüllbar.
by Endorphin
by Isabelle1
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior