Ambre Nuit 2009

Ambre Nuit by Dior
Top 20 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot
GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepperPink pepper
RoseRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
Gaiac woodGaiac wood
PatchouliPatchouli
CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 28.07.2021.

Btdc
A rendezvous on the beach promenade
Ten o'clock. 28 degrees. Dressed all in white. The sea gently rushes by, filling the warm air with its typical salty aroma. Little bubbles rise in the champagne glasses. The roses on the table give off a seductive scent and their color makes any ruby pale. The promenade is full of life. I close my eyes and hope that this moment will never end.

I don't know why but this exact scenario plays out in my head every time I spray on Ambre Nuit. It is the most elegant, the most seductive and also the most romantic fragrance I own. The opening is sparkling and refreshing. In the middle, on my skin, it becomes relatively sweet and the rose comes to the fore quite clearly. In the drydown, the rose plays only a supporting role and the fragrance wraps its wearer in pure elegance.

Performance is super. I get 8+ hours on my skin and the sillage is optimal, not too overbearing but loud enough to be noticed. Definitely a unisex fragrance and recommended to anyone who just wants to smell amazing. In my opinion a perfect fragrance for warm summer evenings.
Addiction Danger
What I hear again and again is that this fragrance is rather masculine.
I deny that in no way, but I can not really confirm it. Unisex is the magic word...

Personally, I love this fragrance extremely! I find that the rose / amber combination is extremely well done. Have heard so far from many women that they find the fragrance really good or love, but they would rather smell it on a man. I feel differently in that respect. I can not imagine him on my partner eg, love him but the more on me.

He gives me a felling of boss lady mixed with elegance. There is something unique about him. It envelops me and warms me up!
Perfect for colder days , although I must say I always wear it when I feel like it (regardless of season) .

Whether it is a fragrance that can seduce others I do not know - but the fact is that he has seduced me ..
Farmer seeks woman
Some moments in life can be really hard and really make you hate such a popular fragrance. I've ordered me ne sample because I've seen in various YT channels how often raved about it.

So the scent is sprayed, and the first thing I perceive is fruity, citrusy sweet, which is not bad. Then drydown but BAAAAM... I smell the moment when my then neighbor had his first date in our house with an acquaintance. Since this one is a dairy farmer, he always carries around a certain natural odeur. Which in itself doesn't bother me as I grew up with it and know the circumstances. However, he seriously tried to spray the whole thing over and what came out was a sweet rose scent mixed with güle. So he stood there dressed up as usual and a bouquet of flowers and I had to flee because I was sick, the lady probably didn't like it either. But I never asked her what the reason was for not allowing another meeting.

I thought the first time I sprayed the times to the HO. Then I sat there, the smell stung my nose so bad, I got reflexes and had to get in the shower immediately. I still tried it a few times to look at him differently. I heard this one has cola vibez and it's true for me too especially in the opening. In the first few minutes.... no problem at all. Having this on my skin for too long means not only a headache, but sweats and dizziness.

Don't blind buy this
So folks, here are some of my honest opinion on Ambre Nuit after testing it.
If you are into fragrances for a while, you probably had plenty experience with either complex designers or niche.

In my honest opinion, Ambre Nuit is not worth the price its charging.

Maybe it's just my personality or chemistry but this smells somewhat generic to me.

Opening is quite rosy, the rose note is absolutely backed up by real rose absolute, you can smell the fleshy and indolic nature of the rose. Then the ambergris come into the support.

To me, it smells more feminine than masculine. And yes I have tried and loved other colonges that are rose dominant. I really enjoy Antaeus and Egoiste, both are gorgeous. But this rose here is too pretty and realistic to communicate masculinity.

Regarding the ambergris in this, I do get a slight animalic touch to it (it has a bad breath smell, very slightly), but the amount used in this does not make this an ambergris dominant perfume.

I am so glad I sampled this, I was gonna just buy a 8.5oz bottle but this fragrance did not impress me at all.

Who do I think would like this??
Mature woman/ young ladies with mature personality
Guys who feel very comfortable wearing sugary fragrances such as DHI or AHSEE
Rose lovers
Artists who are very expressive and secure in themselves

The fragrance itself is really pleasant, and VERY high quality. But to me it is really not worth the price given its performance and also scent profile.

Hope that helps.
I guess I'm more of an American redneck so don't mind me.
Maikel
Sensual beautiful and valuable fragrance
BUT sprayed on he smells, for me and at me, like a shallower variant of the Akkad of
Lubin, which is why I would also prefer this one, since it is cheaper and performs better.

--- I know this is not a proper review. But for a statement were unfortunately too many characters and I just had to get rid of that just as ---
Farneon
My dearest sweetheart... DAN has it out!
In medias res: In principle, this fragrance is perhaps a touch too sweet for me in the finish, but that is just a matter of personal taste.

Dior Ambre Nuit (in the following affectionately called DAN) drifts but never in the direction of gourmand, because even for this classic ingredients such as tonka bean, vanilla, cinnamon or the like are missing. In this respect, it never reminds me of a confectionery or chocolate bar production, because I personally don't like that at all. I might as well treat myself to something from Marly! Sorry, I had to get rid of here times, because Marly is for me a total total destaster! ;-)

Back (or at all) to the essentials, namely DAN. I must expressly agree with many of the previous speakers here that it is actually impossible for male or female not to find this fragrance at least extremely pleasant (whether you want to wear it or not). As a room fragrance, however, he would probably be too expensive! ;-)

DAN is ethereal, balsamic, creamy and cuddly, a cuddly fragrance par excellence. Nothing for "outdoors during the day" and nothing for colleagues in the open-plan office. Nothing for trendy hipsters and chavvy machos, nothing for media-hungry influencers and screaming teenagers. DAN is simply a fragrance for oneself, which at best enraptures the partner or the partner, because you want to sniff it again and again, regardless of gender.

To put it in a nutshell: DAN is on the road again, if YOU make yourself comfortable in your own four walls! :-)

Thestreet
Luxuriousness in a bottle!
This is an amazing combination of rose, amber and pink pepper. This is by far my favorite fragrance ever! If i had to keep one fragrance for the rest of my life this would hands down be Ambre Nuit. The fragrance is unisex, but i find it more suitable for a man. The scent feels light, sensual and intriguing. The longevity on my skin is 6-8 hours with moderate projection and sillage which i find perfect for this scent. If it was more powerfull i think it would lose its elegancy and classiness. What i really like about Ambre Nuit is that it does'nt scream for attention it is very classy and elegant. I find this perfect for spring and fall day time but also slightly cooler summer nights. All in all the scent is perfect for men and women that want to smell sophisticated, classy and elegant.

Smell: 10/10
Performance: 9/10
Compliment factor: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

Elysium
Swing Time (Follie d'Inverno)
Of all the places the films have created, one of the most magical and enduring is Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers's universe. To a series of films made between 1933 and 1939, they brought such grace and humor that they became the touchstone of all things elegant. Astaire and Rogers were, above all, talented dancers. But what Fred and Ginger have had together, and what no other team has ever had alike, was a joy for the performance. They were so good, and they knew they were so good that they danced to celebrate their gifts. According to The Oxford Companion to the American Musical, Swing Time is "a strong candidate for the best of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musicals".
Ambre Nuit is a mysterious fragrance, and I like to associate it with the atmospheres and dances of the early 19th century. The slow seduction of a dance that is always wholly refined only hints at the underlying passion—the limbs' sensual crawling. The expanse of a man's chest warmed and slightly musky.

Ambre Nuit is a delightful oriental scent and includes citrus, spice, floral, amber, woody, and earthy notes. The tale of a dark rose seduced by sensual amber, which together unveils an unexpected profound, intense and elusive scent, a damn good one at that. The amber is dry, bittersweet, herbal, and crisp, caused by delicious bergamot and bright grapefruit, the latter harsher than the former, which turn out fresh for just a few moments. From the very beginning, the opening feels berry-ish and boozy; I get shades of salty and rosy vibes plus a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene for a lifetime. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy citrus and rose with a nice twist of amber. I love that opening; therefore, I spray more and more during the day, just to get that magnificent accord.

The heart reveals a lovely yet delicate Turkish rose combined with spicy accents of pink pepper. In the past few days, I have reviewed Oud Ispahan, and in there, the rose was so earthy, smoky, and dry. Here it is more amber, creamy, a beautiful waxy rose dusted with powder, and not an ordinary rose at all. Yet, it is never so syrupy or sweet as to feel jammy and fruited. Instead, it's a really cool, powdery rose with a warm and spicy base that makes it absolutely irresistible. What makes this rose truly special is adding a ton of the smoothest powder known to man: face powder. It may not be listed in the notes, but there is undoubtedly more than just a hint of iris lurking somewhere beneath that crimson rose. Directly from the heart, I get a mellifluous and waxy aroma, just as if wax or a derivative of bees were present; perhaps it is only the result of the fusion of other notes. Describing Ambre Nuit as a rosy fragrance could be misleading. It's definitely not the one on my skin for most of its development. In fact, I would say "rose" is almost the last thing I perceive with this somewhat smoky, woody, and amber fragrance. And I don't mind at all.

It dries to a warm amber note that complements the entire composition and leaves an inviting effect. Precisely, a beautiful accord of dry, rich, and fine woods, amber, and patchouli envelop it in a slightly smoky, decidedly oriental way. I like Ambre Nuit because the amber accord doesn't hide all the other notes; it leaves room for you to smell the citrus in the opening, the flowers in the heart, and a nutty cola aroma at the base. However, the real key is salty-sweet ambergris, which is an olfactive different animal note from the regular amber used in most perfumes. Even the patchouli is tamed; nothing here smells like the sour ingredient, dirty and chewy and often loaded with purplish fruit's nuances. It has a smokiness here that would imply incense as a hidden note, which is later confirmed by the rest of the Ambre Nuit development. There is some sort of smokiness in the base, and it should come from guaiac wood unless olibanum is present but not stated. In this last phase, the squad has miserably vanished.

Lasting power is perfect for concentration; Ambre Nuit stays on me for several hours. While I think Ambre Nuit would be best for the winter months and colder days, with a screening day even in the cold winter, it is not overwhelming and great for summer evenings and formal events when applied in moderation. I see no reason why it cannot be worn all year round if adequately used.

This review is based upon a decant I own since February 2021.

-Elysium
Memories
There are many ways to write a commentary and reflect your emotions in it. One writes a very informative text, another manages it through humor, still another rips a fragrance, which can be quite - depending on the humor level of the author - very amusing. Personally, I always try to reflect a personal story in my comments, which links up in me when a particular scent grows on me. As a rule, I keep it short - so I invite you to join me on this excursion.

Ambre Nuit. A true poem.

As a child, we often went on holiday to Denmark with the family. That was for me and my older brother the greatest. North Sea, dunes, a holiday home and lots of walks on the beach. My father enjoyed this time very much - being able to spend time with his family. He even hid ambers on the beach that he had previously bought at the beach shop. He told us kids that they were very special and rare stones. Then, when we found these stones that my father had previously distributed, we felt like the greatest treasure hunters on the continent. That amber texture - soft and mysterious. The depth of the ocean and the salt in the air. The sand we walked on is warm. In the evening at the cottage, the grill is lit. You snuggle in, in the yet cool evening temperatures. My father smokes a cigarette.

The scent reminds me of this time. Ambre Nuit - warm, salty amber, amber security, soft rose, well-being and last but not least a touch of tobacco - that's what I perceive. The fragrance does not have to announce itself, it is simply present.

Years later, many things are no longer as they once were. Such is the passage of time. My father no longer smokes a cigarette, ever again. Still, this fragrance will forever remind me of that beautiful time, for which I am endlessly grateful.
Sensual...
For me so far the best fragrance of the Maison Christian Dior.
For me, clearly the rose with the amber a very great interplay that you can wear in winter as well as in summer very very well.
When I wore it for the first time my girlfriend wanted to spray it immediately on her skin.... lo and behold she has also fetched a bottle.
a wares masterpiece.
beautiful warm radiation very elegant and luxurious at the same time.

Cheech93Cheech93 2 months ago
Great scent, I get a spicy, jammy rose; definitely unisex. Sadly, projection is minimal and becomes a skin scent rather quickly.
TRehfTRehf 3 months ago
My favorite Amber scent. Very sophisticated and still sensual. Doesn’t get cloying. Longevity 6-8h. Great quality. Worth the price. Unisex.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 3 months ago
The opening is fresh and spicy. Citruses, rose and pink pepper. After a few minutes, the sweet amber, blended with salty rose, is wonderful.
ElysiumElysium 5 months ago
I get shades of salty and rosy vibes, a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy amber and rose.
TorkeTorke 11 months ago
Could be amazing but it lacks depth. A decent Amber scent but had it All to be one of the Best.
YosYos 3 years ago
Smells like bio oil
FarouhaFarouha 6 years ago
I adore this but sadly it doesn't project well on my skin. What a shame.

by Pepdal
.....  ‚at night‘ für Fresh .....
by Baptiste
by RobK
by ParfumNobile
by ParfumNobile

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior