Ambre Nuit 2009

Ambre Nuit by Dior
Top 22 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.10.2020.

Nami
Rose with warmth and elegance
Packaging & Flacon: Simply held with a magnetic cap, but maybe that's exactly why it's chic.

Scent: Perfumes with a rose note, as the dominant fragrance, are rather rare in my collection. I am not a big fan of rose scents. But this one is different. The scent is warm and soft. Spicy and rather heavy. The rose is discreetly placed and envelops you in a delicate veil. Nothing overwhelming for me. With every movement of your head you get a hint of this warm discreet rose in your nose and that's beautiful.

Durability: Rose fragrances are usually long-lasting, as is the Ambre Nuit. On my skin for 6h well perceptible. Especially when you move, you feel the scent more.

Conclusion: A warm winter scent with a subtle rose note, which also offers a great performance for the price, for the chic man and woman.
In any case test it first. No blind purchase.
DarkWinterCS
Dior love-hate relationship with maximum potential
This fragrance is one of those that always causes me pure headaches. Why Dior ? WHY ? It would have had the potential to get the highest score, but somehow it obstructs the way just before the finish. Shortly before perfection he starts to weaken and unfortunately he doesn't reach the summit.

But why ?
I'll have to back up a little. It would be boring if I told you everything at the beginning.

After a long back and forth I decided to test the Bois D'Argent from Dior at the beginning of the year. For a long time I was put off by the statement about the durability of the fragrance. Because I don't like to test a fragrance where I see the danger that I like it, but then the durability is too low to actually invest the money for it and end up in the collection.
But now, testing new fragrances and expanding your horizons is part of perfume damage. I would like to mention how far my collection was from being able to house an amber scent. I didn't get on the track of this genre until then
Why only ?
If I had known beforehand how great amber fragrances are, I am sure there would be other fragrances in my collection today.

So Bois D'Argent landed with me now and presented himself so proud and soft on my skin that the urge to buy revived directly in me. I informed myself and tried to get hold of a 40ml bottle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) there was no suitable souk offer available. Little by little I understood the scent and I realized that this scent will probably not end up with me after all. Because the ultimate performance of the fragrance was too weak for me. To pay the called price was too much even for me.
Besides Bois D'Argent, there was this other famous fragrance that many had in the collection and which together with it is considered the flagship of the Prise-Line. Namely Ambre Nuit.

It took a few weeks until the Ambre Nuit arrived at my place as a rehearsal, but the anticipation was still quite high. I already knew some warmer scents like Camel from Zoologist, but I couldn't imagine how this scent would sniff at the end.

As soon as the fragrance touched my skin, wet my arm and carried its aromas into the world, I was done for. I was in love. Since my wife does not necessarily share my passion for perfume she did not necessarily share this moment ;-).
It was at this moment that my love for amber scents and variations of them began. A great moment of my passion for perfume. It was immediately clear that the perfume damage had struck again.

The beginning is so unfamiliar, I could not help but notice it. On the one hand slightly fresh and yet somehow slightly peppery. But the whole fragrance is enveloped by such a wonderful softness and velvety, so that this is perceived differently. Here a rose is also indicated, which I as a rose hater do not perceive at all, as I know it. Little by little soft and creamy woods are added, accompanied by warm amber notes. One can say that after about 15 minutes the fragrance enters these amber notes and remains over the entire course
I had to have that smell. Rarely have I heard a fragrance that fits so well into the evening hours for me. It was not too pushy, but not too reserved either. A good investment for me. Even if it was a 40ml bottle for the beginning.

It's been a good three months now. I have worn the fragrance at all times of the day and in all temperatures. Many insights have been gained. Both in terms of the scent and my personal taste. The time also brought up a question in me, do you really still need this scent.

Why ?
Because I find the fragrance almost a bit too smooth and boring, although this is exactly its strength.

You have to say one thing about the fragrance, it really performs differently on my skin every day. Especially on colder days I can put the fragrance away quite a bit, then it is already far away from everything after two hours. In retrospect, this is quite disappointing, as I suspected it would happen in warmer temperatures because of the warmer notes.
Also the Sillage is generally a bit more reserved. This is not too bad, but in combination with the durability at certain temperatures it leads to my above mentioned love-hate relationship.
It seems to work best on my skin between 20 and 25 degrees. Here it can be heard for a relatively long time in the radiation and also lasts quite long. Everything below reduces the silage, everything above reduces the durability. In the end I could have learned my lessons from the Bois D'Argent.

I love the scent of his kind, love him for his softness. But hate him for the narrow degree of wearability/performance and for his non-existent corners.

So in the short term, the decision remains for me, does he make room for something with more performance and uniqueness or do I live with my love-hate.

Why ?
Only Dior knows.
One of the few
I have a 30ml. Sharings-sensation of a perfume and was very enthusiastic! Lately it hasn't happened to me often that I put a perfume on my WL.
Ambre Nuit is a very noble and refined fragrance that sounds so elegant! I can recognize cherry chords, amber and rose in it - everything is so harmoniously and beautifully intertwined. It constantly evokes emotional warmth when I wear it. On my skin it lasts the whole 9-10 hours! A record in comparison with his brother "Bois D'Argent".
This is an absolute unisex scent. It is not sweet, not spiky, not dry, not "eau de colognisch" which means it is suitable for both men and women.
I don't think I will wear the Ambre Nuit every day, but on cool evenings in spring and now in autumn I will snuggle into it more often. It is generally a successful, solid fragrance. One of my few favourites.

Razvanyke
Great perfume with a very classy scent
I bought this from the Dior.de shop and you can see the unboxing in the video.

I must say that the smell is fantastic, I like it even for me as a man but I could also see it on a lady going very well.

The performance is way better than expected, I judged it from the tester and with those tiny spray it was not easy to asses how mucht it lasts. Now with the big bottle spray, I wear 2 applications on the neck in the morning and after work it is still there, easy 8+ hours.

Perfume : Very nice, I give it a 10
Performance: 9
Sillage, not so sure, in Corona times with masks is difficult to rate
Bottle: Oh they know how to do a bottle, very high quality from packaging to the bottle itself with magnetic cap. 10

Overall, a good buy and I hope the performance will improve in few months.
The sparkling cellar beer
Don't worry, that perfume doesn't smell like a cellar beer at all But what made me think of the title is first of all the beautiful colour, which goes in the direction of amber and comes quite close to a cellar beer. And the opening of the perfume, but more about that in a moment.

I smelled Ambre Nuit for the first time at the christening of my godchild in Poland. From the first whiff that blew past me, I thought to myself: this fragrance is perfection.

The location where we celebrated the baptism was an old primary school in a small village in Poland, which was surrounded by fields and trees. Poland still has a lot of small and rural villages, which mostly consist of only a few houses, so there is still a lot of forest there.
For me it was the first time that I assigned a fragrance to a location or an event in my life. You usually know it from songs that take you back to a place you associate with that song. But here it was the perfume. I see me and my grandpa sitting together in April on the former playground, drinking a beer or two together, enjoying nature and just talking about everything. The resin just drips out of some trees and you could almost think that we sit there for so long that we can watch the formation of single amber stones.

When I was back in Germany, I ordered it of course directly on the Dior site - it arrived the same week. Of course I couldn't help but try it out directly on myself. Again a surprise: in the opening the grapefruit comes out so effervescent, which gives it a citric touch. It's almost like opening a Fanta Grapefruit, I had exactly the same feeling with Ambre Nuit.

Ambergris is known for being very sweet and heavy. This perfume, however, is a fresh ambergris, which is only subtly sweet and perfectly balanced. The rose petals just float past you as if they were caressing your whole body, but don't make the fragrance look feminine at all.

H&S are very good on my skin. But I have to say that I worked a lot with body lotions at that time, because I had to fight with dry skin. But still the scent comes on his 8 hours with me, meanwhile also without lotion. In my opinion he is not a compliment catcher, at least I only got a few of them. But I think that is not the sense of the perfume. I wear it because it is still my favourite scent and it fits perfectly to my personality and I always remember the nice day with my grandpa
You're so beautiful
Otherwise I cannot begin the description about this fragrance. With you everything fits, no too pushy, no I am the star, whereas actually you are the secret star for me.

The combination of bergamot and grapefruit looks so playfully light and fitting. As my girlfriend said, there is nothing more beautiful than lying in your arms and smelling the scent. I can only confirm this myself, the fragrance makes you dream, forget and let me forget the stress of everyday life a little bit.

He will probably be too reserved for parties or birthdays. Perfect for dates or days at the office or at work.
Thanks for letting me try you!
My Amber No. 28
Dior / Christian Dior - Ambre Nuit
Lane change
A ray of sunlight flashes from the bottle. An enchanting amber cologne of the first moment (fragrance 10) surrounds itself with bergamot, leaving a trail of grapefruit and a hint of clove. Into the fragrant life of perfume. The rose hovers above it. Like a cloud of small, hazy, rose-red butterflies. A fine rose cuddled by patchouli
Slowly the scent changes the track. The fluttering of the moths slows down. Heavier. Woods, pockwood and cedar, change the amber and take away its lightness. The scent becomes moist, warm and spicy, heavier and darker and darker. And gets the restrained wing beat of a moth. Floating over roses. (7,0)

The smell is getting less and less. He's finding a new way. Light, not dry. Light, almost dirty. Light but damp and dull. Lightamber brown with delicate smoke. Until even the heavy particles evaporate, leaving a fine residue on the skin. Fragrance for soft, velvety skin. (8,5) It is enough to say goodbye. We mourn this lightness after and the transience.

Bonne Nuit. Ambre Nuit.
8.5 / 8 / 8 / ---

Eizzi
My unforgettable night of amber...
It must smell like that... in the Garden of Eden... I don't know if it is too feminine, but this fragrance just blew me away today when I first sprayed it on! This slightly rosy beginning wrapped in pink pepper simply dreamlike! After some time a spicy woody amber/cedar smell becomes noticeable. I just don't know what to say. I have never experienced such a successful fragrance, you are probably floating somewhere in the Garden of Eden, bedded on roses... A true masterpiece from Christian Dior ! Definitely a unisex fragrance with a very feminine side ! But let's be honest, every man has a feminine side and this fragrance reflects this 1 to 1 again completely! My first perfume I fell in love with... and I thought there was no such thing. Whether it's well received, whether I get compliments or negative statements... It is MY scent that I want to smell on me and with which I feel comfortable. I think only perfumos can understand that :-)

10 out of 10 points !
Egalite
You're the only thing that grows when I waste it.
You start out quite citric, and it's nothing special.
You also do not grow beyond yourself and are simple.

But I cannot live without you, because I love you so much, you little bergamot-rose-amra-cedar beauty.

I want to have you always with me, you are an ease in simplicity, my speciality.

You are uncomplicated, in summer, in winter, when working, when partying, always!

You're the only thing that grows when I waste it. Is it worth it? You're expensive, you know that! Yeah, it's still worth it. We belong to each other, forever!

Rose & Amber
This Ambre Nuit is an extremely refined perfume, which oozes delicacy, quality and a certain air of elegant femininity, but that does not fool your name, this is a tribute to the rose and not to amber (resin) as I thought.

For me, this perfume has three notable ingredients, bergamot, rose and amber, the others, or are not, or I do not perceive them and they are only to provide ephemeral nuances. It is a linear aroma with two clear phases, the beginning and the rest of the fragrance. From the beginning the rose and amber are quite clear, only that, at the beginning they are wrapped in a thin layer of fresh and sparkling bergamot, which cushions the fragrant rose and the sweetness of amber, to make the fragrance something more refreshing in your start. This start is short-lived and then there is only rose and amber, but do not think of a resinous, sweet and woody amber, because the shots do not go there, it is gray amber, and it feels half dusty, semi-sweet and vaporous, very mystical and gaseous , creating an aura around, elegant and refined, exquisite, an ideal complement to a deep velvety, beautiful rose. A perfume of roses without more incentive, yes, very beautiful and elegant.

It has a more than acceptable performance, of good longevity, between 7 or 8 hours, with a moderate projection at all times, it is not a beast, but it has enough to be noticed.

It is a unisex perfume, but it seems a bit more feminine to me, but well, to taste the colors, I will dress it equally until it is over. Perfume of fresh and temperate climates, and for the night, although it could also be used during the day.

Regarding the perfume itself, it is a beautiful aroma that oozes quality, but it is not worth what it costs even as a joke, it is a beautiful and elegant rose without more, I do not know what is exclusive about this fragrance to ask € 300 for it. If you have money left over and you like it, go ahead, but everyone else try it before buying, there are aromas of rose, in the market, much cheaper, everything is a matter of finding the right one.

TorkeTorke 53 days ago
Could be amazing but it lacks depth. A decent Amber scent but had it All to be one of the Best.
YosYos 2 years ago
Smells like bio oil
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
I adore this but sadly it doesn't project well on my skin. What a shame.

by Pepdal
.....  ‚at night‘ für Fresh .....
by Baptiste
by RobK
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior