Ambre Nuit 2009

Ambre Nuit by Dior
Top 16 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 15.01.2021.

Warm aura
A great fragrance. He smells creamy warm for me. Perfect for the cooler seasons, but can also be worn in spring / summer.

The prelude is quite fresh and somewhat peppery for me. From the beginning, however, already shows the warm, somewhat woody amber base note, from which the fragrance lives in my opinion. Grapefruit (as described above) I can not make out, the citrusy orange-like note of bergamot can be made out, even if it is not to be perceived in isolation, but combines with the warm core.

Already after 2 minutes, the scent changes on my skin. The peppery and fresh notes largely fade away. What remains is the delightfully creamy core. It smells of spicy woods (especially subtle cedar) and amber. For about 1-2 hours, there also remains something floral, which is probably due to the rose from the heart note. Also this stands out for me but not clearly as a rose (I'm not a fan of rose fragrances), but combines with the warm notes.

After 2 hours remains largely only the base over, which does the fragrance but not bad, because it lives on. What remains is so wonderful that it can only give the highest mark (10 points) for me. The fragrance is so elegant in its abra-woody way that it could easily be rated as unisex. So despite its nature, it is also by no means gloomy or too dark. In autumn / winter, I also associate the woody notes with the typical advent spices, which is perhaps due to the bergamot combined with cedar, gujac wood and patchouli (very subtly, mind you). Overall, dominate for me amber and cedar.

Well, if there is a shortcoming, it should be in the durability. The fragrance lasts with me 6 hours strongly perceptible (3 sprays). After that remains on my skin only a skin-perceptible base, which is still pleasant, but no longer clearly identifiable. On clothing, however, the fragrance also holds up to two days.

Who is looking for a strong sillage, is here in the wrong place. Within the first 90 minutes, the scent is indeed still somewhat more prominent and can also reach into the room. After that, he remains but rather in the vicinity, although not just skin deep. The sillage, which is quite decent with this, is not a drawback for me though. It rather underlines the elegance of the fragrance and forms a pleasantly warm, spicy aura that invites you to come closer.

I like to wear the fragrance in the (evening) everyday life. He is eg great for dates and provides gladly for compliments. Also for (stylish) evening occasions, he is well suited for me. For me, the fragrance tends to be too bad for work, even if it is not a no-go (keywords: elegant and discreet). For this he has me too little freshness and is too cozy.

In the warm seasons, the fragrance should tend to go down even a little faster, but can still be worn well for evening sitting together. In autumn / winter fits the fragrance as said perfectly.

Who has not yet tested the fragrance and sees himself with a warm, woody-spicy aura, this should urgently catch up. Currently definitely my favorite fragrance (although not for every occasion).

Have fun testing and VG!
Your place or mine?
Meanwhile, I have developed many ambergris and ambergris fragrances (Yes! I know the difference. Amber is the scent of amber and amber is the excretion of a whale, but FOR ME they smell quite similar in some perfumes). Mostly without really noticing it. I like it very much ;)

If I had to choose a favourite now, it would probably be Grand Soir by MFK (YES that's Amber, but it doesn't matter now). I had problems with him in the beginning but now he is my love. But before I write a commi to him I have to explore him more exactly.

With Ambre Nuit it is different - we both know each other for a long time. I've been sneaking around him forever, stalking him, smelling him, adoring him like a lunatic. I was always afraid that he was too harsh and masculine. But he's not. It's love! He gets to spend the whole day and night on top of me ;)

When I finally got it and carried it, my husband said when he picked me up (had Delina on his right arm and Ambre Nuit on his left) wow you smell beautiful. I thought he meant the compliment of Delina and held it out. No, he said, did you spray another one, it smells slightly tart but also sweet and really nice. Hmm I thought and let him sniff the left one. Yeah, that's the one. It smells really horny and sexy
Okay, he's a little harsh... But not manly. Because I wore it all week and my husband was on my neck the whole time. And I was on my wrist :D
Find Ambre Nuit also slightly tart but not masculine. It is definitely unisex! For me, anyway.
On me, Ambre Nuit is spicy-sweet. Woodsy? Yes. I don't like it. But with a certain deep and sweet.

My God, he's well done!
Violence
I can be alone with you, but I can't be lonely...
This is my first comment on Parfumo and I simply cannot help but dedicate it to this wonderful fragrance. First of all, I'd like to mention that I'd call myself a beginner when it comes to the perfume world, but everyone has to start somewhere. :)

I dedicate this comment to this fragrance, because it has an unbelievable influence on me and as macabre as it may sound to some people - it is a kind of life companion for me. I ordered a bottling of Ambre Nuit a few months ago because I wanted to expand my pool of already tested fragrances and it already has a certain name in the scene. My first impression: "Smells really good...", but it didn't really knock me off my feet. I put it with all the other bottlings that linger in my cupboard and otherwise I didn't pay any further attention to it. Every now and then I made a splash on the back of my hand and in the beginning I didn't even suspect what this scent would have for me later on, but more about that later
Just to add my own olfactory input: Ambre Nuit starts off woody-fruity for me. I can perceive a grapefruit that blends with a light rose and a wintery, Christmassy note... Cinnamon? A glance at the pyramid of scents told me that I wasn't necessarily right about cinnamon, but maybe it's the combination of the different notes that gives me this impression. It smells warm and enveloping, it is present but not obtrusive. It lasts a solid 8-10 hours with me before it becomes quieter and its presence disappears.

But why is this fragrance so important to me now? With it on my skin, I can switch off. He takes me in his arms and shows me that everything is fine. I learned to love it in a private and for me difficult life situation and it helps me to forget the stress and worries for a moment. Since I have been working with perfumes, I have not yet found a fragrance that triggers a similar feeling in me - and I have really acquired some bottles and above all bottlings in the meantime. For some people, such a description of their own feelings may sound absurd, but you can't influence feelings. Ambre Nuit is for me the most wonderful fragrance I have ever known and it will be my companion forever.

To come slowly to the end: due to my previous life experiences I had to realize that love is not necessarily forever. I had to realize that things often come differently and that a real constant in life can never be foreseen. Professionally, as an emergency paramedic in the rescue service, I often had to realize that things can happen at any time that can change the current life situation forever. I had to find out that even an emotionally strong person experiences things he has to nibble on, although he never expected that something like this could happen to him. But if there is one constant in my life, it is that my fire can never be extinguished for you, you beautiful Ambre Nuit.

In everlasting love,
your Jonas
DarkWinterCS
Dior love-hate relationship with maximum potential
This fragrance is one of those that always causes me pure headaches. Why Dior ? WHY ? It would have had the potential to get the highest score, but somehow it obstructs the way just before the finish. Shortly before perfection he starts to weaken and unfortunately he doesn't reach the summit.

But why ?
I'll have to back up a little. It would be boring if I told you everything at the beginning.

After a long back and forth I decided to test the Bois D'Argent from Dior at the beginning of the year. For a long time I was put off by the statement about the durability of the fragrance. Because I don't like to test a fragrance where I see the danger that I like it, but then the durability is too low to actually invest the money for it and end up in the collection.
But now, testing new fragrances and expanding your horizons is part of perfume damage. I would like to mention how far my collection was from being able to house an amber scent. I didn't get on the track of this genre until then
Why only ?
If I had known beforehand how great amber fragrances are, I am sure there would be other fragrances in my collection today.

So Bois D'Argent landed with me now and presented himself so proud and soft on my skin that the urge to buy revived directly in me. I informed myself and tried to get hold of a 40ml bottle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) there was no suitable souk offer available. Little by little I understood the scent and I realized that this scent will probably not end up with me after all. Because the ultimate performance of the fragrance was too weak for me. To pay the called price was too much even for me.
Besides Bois D'Argent, there was this other famous fragrance that many had in the collection and which together with it is considered the flagship of the Prise-Line. Namely Ambre Nuit.

It took a few weeks until the Ambre Nuit arrived at my place as a rehearsal, but the anticipation was still quite high. I already knew some warmer scents like Camel from Zoologist, but I couldn't imagine how this scent would sniff at the end.

As soon as the fragrance touched my skin, wet my arm and carried its aromas into the world, I was done for. I was in love. Since my wife does not necessarily share my passion for perfume she did not necessarily share this moment ;-).
It was at this moment that my love for amber scents and variations of them began. A great moment of my passion for perfume. It was immediately clear that the perfume damage had struck again.

The beginning is so unfamiliar, I could not help but notice it. On the one hand slightly fresh and yet somehow slightly peppery. But the whole fragrance is enveloped by such a wonderful softness and velvety, so that this is perceived differently. Here a rose is also indicated, which I as a rose hater do not perceive at all, as I know it. Little by little soft and creamy woods are added, accompanied by warm amber notes. One can say that after about 15 minutes the fragrance enters these amber notes and remains over the entire course
I had to have that smell. Rarely have I heard a fragrance that fits so well into the evening hours for me. It was not too pushy, but not too reserved either. A good investment for me. Even if it was a 40ml bottle for the beginning.

It's been a good three months now. I have worn the fragrance at all times of the day and in all temperatures. Many insights have been gained. Both in terms of the scent and my personal taste. The time also brought up a question in me, do you really still need this scent.

Why ?
Because I find the fragrance almost a bit too smooth and boring, although this is exactly its strength.

You have to say one thing about the fragrance, it really performs differently on my skin every day. Especially on colder days I can put the fragrance away quite a bit, then it is already far away from everything after two hours. In retrospect, this is quite disappointing, as I suspected it would happen in warmer temperatures because of the warmer notes.
Also the Sillage is generally a bit more reserved. This is not too bad, but in combination with the durability at certain temperatures it leads to my above mentioned love-hate relationship.
It seems to work best on my skin between 20 and 25 degrees. Here it can be heard for a relatively long time in the radiation and also lasts quite long. Everything below reduces the silage, everything above reduces the durability. In the end I could have learned my lessons from the Bois D'Argent.

I love the scent of his kind, love him for his softness. But hate him for the narrow degree of wearability/performance and for his non-existent corners.

So in the short term, the decision remains for me, does he make room for something with more performance and uniqueness or do I live with my love-hate.

Why ?
Only Dior knows.
One of the few
I have a 30ml. Sharings-sensation of a perfume and was very enthusiastic! Lately it hasn't happened to me often that I put a perfume on my WL.
Ambre Nuit is a very noble and refined fragrance that sounds so elegant! I can recognize cherry chords, amber and rose in it - everything is so harmoniously and beautifully intertwined. It constantly evokes emotional warmth when I wear it. On my skin it lasts the whole 9-10 hours! A record in comparison with his brother "Bois D'Argent".
This is an absolute unisex scent. It is not sweet, not spiky, not dry, not "eau de colognisch" which means it is suitable for both men and women.
I don't think I will wear the Ambre Nuit every day, but on cool evenings in spring and now in autumn I will snuggle into it more often. It is generally a successful, solid fragrance. One of my few favourites.

Razvanyke
Great perfume with a very classy scent
I bought this from the Dior.de shop and you can see the unboxing in the video.

I must say that the smell is fantastic, I like it even for me as a man but I could also see it on a lady going very well.

The performance is way better than expected, I judged it from the tester and with those tiny spray it was not easy to asses how mucht it lasts. Now with the big bottle spray, I wear 2 applications on the neck in the morning and after work it is still there, easy 8+ hours.

Perfume : Very nice, I give it a 10
Performance: 9
Sillage, not so sure, in Corona times with masks is difficult to rate
Bottle: Oh they know how to do a bottle, very high quality from packaging to the bottle itself with magnetic cap. 10

Overall, a good buy and I hope the performance will improve in few months.
The sparkling cellar beer
Don't worry, that perfume doesn't smell like a cellar beer at all But what made me think of the title is first of all the beautiful colour, which goes in the direction of amber and comes quite close to a cellar beer. And the opening of the perfume, but more about that in a moment.

I smelled Ambre Nuit for the first time at the christening of my godchild in Poland. From the first whiff that blew past me, I thought to myself: this fragrance is perfection.

The location where we celebrated the baptism was an old primary school in a small village in Poland, which was surrounded by fields and trees. Poland still has a lot of small and rural villages, which mostly consist of only a few houses, so there is still a lot of forest there.
For me it was the first time that I assigned a fragrance to a location or an event in my life. You usually know it from songs that take you back to a place you associate with that song. But here it was the perfume. I see me and my grandpa sitting together in April on the former playground, drinking a beer or two together, enjoying nature and just talking about everything. The resin just drips out of some trees and you could almost think that we sit there for so long that we can watch the formation of single amber stones.

When I was back in Germany, I ordered it of course directly on the Dior site - it arrived the same week. Of course I couldn't help but try it out directly on myself. Again a surprise: in the opening the grapefruit comes out so effervescent, which gives it a citric touch. It's almost like opening a Fanta Grapefruit, I had exactly the same feeling with Ambre Nuit.

Ambergris is known for being very sweet and heavy. This perfume, however, is a fresh ambergris, which is only subtly sweet and perfectly balanced. The rose petals just float past you as if they were caressing your whole body, but don't make the fragrance look feminine at all.

H&S are very good on my skin. But I have to say that I worked a lot with body lotions at that time, because I had to fight with dry skin. But still the scent comes on his 8 hours with me, meanwhile also without lotion. In my opinion he is not a compliment catcher, at least I only got a few of them. But I think that is not the sense of the perfume. I wear it because it is still my favourite scent and it fits perfectly to my personality and I always remember the nice day with my grandpa
You're so beautiful
Otherwise I cannot begin the description about this fragrance. With you everything fits, no too pushy, no I am the star, whereas actually you are the secret star for me.

The combination of bergamot and grapefruit looks so playfully light and fitting. As my girlfriend said, there is nothing more beautiful than lying in your arms and smelling the scent. I can only confirm this myself, the fragrance makes you dream, forget and let me forget the stress of everyday life a little bit.

He will probably be too reserved for parties or birthdays. Perfect for dates or days at the office or at work.
Thanks for letting me try you!
My Amber No. 28
Dior / Christian Dior - Ambre Nuit
Lane change
A ray of sunlight flashes from the bottle. An enchanting amber cologne of the first moment (fragrance 10) surrounds itself with bergamot, leaving a trail of grapefruit and a hint of clove. Into the fragrant life of perfume. The rose hovers above it. Like a cloud of small, hazy, rose-red butterflies. A fine rose cuddled by patchouli
Slowly the scent changes the track. The fluttering of the moths slows down. Heavier. Woods, pockwood and cedar, change the amber and take away its lightness. The scent becomes moist, warm and spicy, heavier and darker and darker. And gets the restrained wing beat of a moth. Floating over roses. (7,0)

The smell is getting less and less. He's finding a new way. Light, not dry. Light, almost dirty. Light but damp and dull. Lightamber brown with delicate smoke. Until even the heavy particles evaporate, leaving a fine residue on the skin. Fragrance for soft, velvety skin. (8,5) It is enough to say goodbye. We mourn this lightness after and the transience.

Bonne Nuit. Ambre Nuit.
8.5 / 8 / 8 / ---

Eizzi
My unforgettable night of amber...
It must smell like that... in the Garden of Eden... I don't know if it is too feminine, but this fragrance just blew me away today when I first sprayed it on! This slightly rosy beginning wrapped in pink pepper simply dreamlike! After some time a spicy woody amber/cedar smell becomes noticeable. I just don't know what to say. I have never experienced such a successful fragrance, you are probably floating somewhere in the Garden of Eden, bedded on roses... A true masterpiece from Christian Dior ! Definitely a unisex fragrance with a very feminine side ! But let's be honest, every man has a feminine side and this fragrance reflects this 1 to 1 again completely! My first perfume I fell in love with... and I thought there was no such thing. Whether it's well received, whether I get compliments or negative statements... It is MY scent that I want to smell on me and with which I feel comfortable. I think only perfumos can understand that :-)

10 out of 10 points !

TorkeTorke 5 months ago
Could be amazing but it lacks depth. A decent Amber scent but had it All to be one of the Best.
YosYos 2 years ago
Smells like bio oil
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
I adore this but sadly it doesn't project well on my skin. What a shame.

by Pepdal
.....  ‚at night‘ für Fresh .....
by Baptiste
by RobK
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior