Ambre Nuit 2009

Ambre Nuit by Dior
Top 19 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 05.05.2021.

Maikel
Sensual beautiful and valuable fragrance
BUT sprayed on he smells, for me and at me, like a shallower variant of the Akkad of
Lubin, which is why I would also prefer this one, since it is cheaper and performs better.

--- I know this is not a proper review. But for a statement were unfortunately too many characters and I just had to get rid of that just as ---
Farneon
My dearest sweetheart... DAN has it out!
In medias res: In principle, this fragrance is perhaps a touch too sweet for me in the finish, but that is just a matter of personal taste.

Dior Ambre Nuit (in the following affectionately called DAN) drifts but never in the direction of gourmand, because even for this classic ingredients such as tonka bean, vanilla, cinnamon or the like are missing. In this respect, it never reminds me of a confectionery or chocolate bar production, because I personally don't like that at all. I might as well treat myself to something from Marly! Sorry, I had to get rid of here times, because Marly is for me a total total destaster! ;-)

Back (or at all) to the essentials, namely DAN. I must expressly agree with many of the previous speakers here that it is actually impossible for male or female not to find this fragrance at least extremely pleasant (whether you want to wear it or not). As a room fragrance, however, he would probably be too expensive! ;-)

DAN is ethereal, balsamic, creamy and cuddly, a cuddly fragrance par excellence. Nothing for "outdoors during the day" and nothing for colleagues in the open-plan office. Nothing for trendy hipsters and chavvy machos, nothing for media-hungry influencers and screaming teenagers. DAN is simply a fragrance for oneself, which at best enraptures the partner or the partner, because you want to sniff it again and again, regardless of gender.

To put it in a nutshell: DAN is on the road again, if YOU make yourself comfortable in your own four walls! :-)

Thestreet
Luxuriousness in a bottle!
This is an amazing combination of rose, amber and pink pepper. This is by far my favorite fragrance ever! If i had to keep one fragrance for the rest of my life this would hands down be Ambre Nuit. The fragrance is unisex, but i find it more suitable for a man. The scent feels light, sensual and intriguing. The longevity on my skin is 6-8 hours with moderate projection and sillage which i find perfect for this scent. If it was more powerfull i think it would lose its elegancy and classiness. What i really like about Ambre Nuit is that it does'nt scream for attention it is very classy and elegant. I find this perfect for spring and fall day time but also slightly cooler summer nights. All in all the scent is perfect for men and women that want to smell sophisticated, classy and elegant.

Smell: 10/10
Performance: 9/10
Compliment factor: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10

Elysium
Swing Time (Follie d'Inverno)
Of all the places the films have created, one of the most magical and enduring is Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers's universe. To a series of films made between 1933 and 1939, they brought such grace and humor that they became the touchstone of all things elegant. Astaire and Rogers were, above all, talented dancers. But what Fred and Ginger have had together, and what no other team has ever had alike, was a joy for the performance. They were so good, and they knew they were so good that they danced to celebrate their gifts. According to The Oxford Companion to the American Musical, Swing Time is "a strong candidate for the best of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musicals".
Ambre Nuit is a mysterious fragrance, and I like to associate it with the atmospheres and dances of the early 19th century. The slow seduction of a dance that is always wholly refined only hints at the underlying passion—the limbs' sensual crawling. The expanse of a man's chest warmed and slightly musky.

Ambre Nuit is a delightful oriental scent and includes citrus, spice, floral, amber, woody, and earthy notes. The tale of a dark rose seduced by sensual amber, which together unveils an unexpected profound, intense and elusive scent, a damn good one at that. The amber is dry, bittersweet, herbal, and crisp, caused by delicious bergamot and bright grapefruit, the latter harsher than the former, which turn out fresh for just a few moments. From the very beginning, the opening feels berry-ish and boozy; I get shades of salty and rosy vibes plus a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene for a lifetime. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy citrus and rose with a nice twist of amber. I love that opening; therefore, I spray more and more during the day, just to get that magnificent accord.

The heart reveals a lovely yet delicate Turkish rose combined with spicy accents of pink pepper. In the past few days, I have reviewed Oud Ispahan, and in there, the rose was so earthy, smoky, and dry. Here it is more amber, creamy, a beautiful waxy rose dusted with powder, and not an ordinary rose at all. Yet, it is never so syrupy or sweet as to feel jammy and fruited. Instead, it's a really cool, powdery rose with a warm and spicy base that makes it absolutely irresistible. What makes this rose truly special is adding a ton of the smoothest powder known to man: face powder. It may not be listed in the notes, but there is undoubtedly more than just a hint of iris lurking somewhere beneath that crimson rose. Directly from the heart, I get a mellifluous and waxy aroma, just as if wax or a derivative of bees were present; perhaps it is only the result of the fusion of other notes. Describing Ambre Nuit as a rosy fragrance could be misleading. It's definitely not the one on my skin for most of its development. In fact, I would say "rose" is almost the last thing I perceive with this somewhat smoky, woody, and amber fragrance. And I don't mind at all.

It dries to a warm amber note that complements the entire composition and leaves an inviting effect. Precisely, a beautiful accord of dry, rich, and fine woods, amber, and patchouli envelop it in a slightly smoky, decidedly oriental way. I like Ambre Nuit because the amber accord doesn't hide all the other notes; it leaves room for you to smell the citrus in the opening, the flowers in the heart, and a nutty cola aroma at the base. However, the real key is salty-sweet ambergris, which is an olfactive different animal note from the regular amber used in most perfumes. Even the patchouli is tamed; nothing here smells like the sour ingredient, dirty and chewy and often loaded with purplish fruit's nuances. It has a smokiness here that would imply incense as a hidden note, which is later confirmed by the rest of the Ambre Nuit development. There is some sort of smokiness in the base, and it should come from guaiac wood unless olibanum is present but not stated. In this last phase, the squad has miserably vanished.

Lasting power is perfect for concentration; Ambre Nuit stays on me for several hours. While I think Ambre Nuit would be best for the winter months and colder days, with a screening day even in the cold winter, it is not overwhelming and great for summer evenings and formal events when applied in moderation. I see no reason why it cannot be worn all year round if adequately used.

This review is based upon a decant I own since February 2021.

-Elysium
Memories
There are many ways to write a commentary and reflect your emotions in it. One writes a very informative text, another manages it through humor, still another rips a fragrance, which can be quite - depending on the humor level of the author - very amusing. Personally, I always try to reflect a personal story in my comments, which links up in me when a particular scent grows on me. As a rule, I keep it short - so I invite you to join me on this excursion.

Ambre Nuit. A true poem.

As a child, we often went on holiday to Denmark with the family. That was for me and my older brother the greatest. North Sea, dunes, a holiday home and lots of walks on the beach. My father enjoyed this time very much - being able to spend time with his family. He even hid ambers on the beach that he had previously bought at the beach shop. He told us kids that they were very special and rare stones. Then, when we found these stones that my father had previously distributed, we felt like the greatest treasure hunters on the continent. That amber texture - soft and mysterious. The depth of the ocean and the salt in the air. The sand we walked on is warm. In the evening at the cottage, the grill is lit. You snuggle in, in the yet cool evening temperatures. My father smokes a cigarette.

The scent reminds me of this time. Ambre Nuit - warm, salty amber, amber security, soft rose, well-being and last but not least a touch of tobacco - that's what I perceive. The fragrance does not have to announce itself, it is simply present.

Years later, many things are no longer as they once were. Such is the passage of time. My father no longer smokes a cigarette, ever again. Still, this fragrance will forever remind me of that beautiful time, for which I am endlessly grateful.
Sensual...
For me so far the best fragrance of the Maison Christian Dior.
For me, clearly the rose with the amber a very great interplay that you can wear in winter as well as in summer very very well.
When I wore it for the first time my girlfriend wanted to spray it immediately on her skin.... lo and behold she has also fetched a bottle.
a wares masterpiece.
beautiful warm radiation very elegant and luxurious at the same time.
Warm aura
A great fragrance. He smells creamy warm for me. Perfect for the cooler seasons, but can also be worn in spring / summer.

The prelude is quite fresh and somewhat peppery for me. From the beginning, however, already shows the warm, somewhat woody amber base note, from which the fragrance lives in my opinion. Grapefruit (as described above) I can not make out, the citrusy orange-like note of bergamot can be made out, even if it is not to be perceived in isolation, but combines with the warm core.

Already after 2 minutes, the scent changes on my skin. The peppery and fresh notes largely fade away. What remains is the delightfully creamy core. It smells of spicy woods (especially subtle cedar) and amber. For about 1-2 hours, there also remains something floral, which is probably due to the rose from the heart note. Also this stands out for me but not clearly as a rose (I'm not a fan of rose fragrances), but combines with the warm notes.

After 2 hours remains largely only the base over, which does the fragrance but not bad, because it lives on. What remains is so wonderful that it can only give the highest mark (10 points) for me. The fragrance is so elegant in its abra-woody way that it could easily be rated as unisex. So despite its nature, it is also by no means gloomy or too dark. In autumn / winter, I also associate the woody notes with the typical advent spices, which is perhaps due to the bergamot combined with cedar, gujac wood and patchouli (very subtly, mind you). Overall, dominate for me amber and cedar.

Well, if there is a shortcoming, it should be in the durability. The fragrance lasts with me 6 hours strongly perceptible (3 sprays). After that remains on my skin only a skin-perceptible base, which is still pleasant, but no longer clearly identifiable. On clothing, however, the fragrance also holds up to two days.

Who is looking for a strong sillage, is here in the wrong place. Within the first 90 minutes, the scent is indeed still somewhat more prominent and can also reach into the room. After that, he remains but rather in the vicinity, although not just skin deep. The sillage, which is quite decent with this, is not a drawback for me though. It rather underlines the elegance of the fragrance and forms a pleasantly warm, spicy aura that invites you to come closer.

I like to wear the fragrance in the (evening) everyday life. He is eg great for dates and provides gladly for compliments. Also for (stylish) evening occasions, he is well suited for me. For me, the fragrance tends to be too bad for work, even if it is not a no-go (keywords: elegant and discreet). For this he has me too little freshness and is too cozy.

In the warm seasons, the fragrance should tend to go down even a little faster, but can still be worn well for evening sitting together. In autumn / winter fits the fragrance as said perfectly.

Who has not yet tested the fragrance and sees himself with a warm, woody-spicy aura, this should urgently catch up. Currently definitely my favorite fragrance (although not for every occasion).

Have fun testing and VG!
Your place or mine?
Meanwhile, I have developed many ambergris and ambergris fragrances (Yes! I know the difference. Amber is the scent of amber and amber is the excretion of a whale, but FOR ME they smell quite similar in some perfumes). Mostly without really noticing it. I like it very much ;)

If I had to choose a favourite now, it would probably be Grand Soir by MFK (YES that's Amber, but it doesn't matter now). I had problems with him in the beginning but now he is my love. But before I write a commi to him I have to explore him more exactly.

With Ambre Nuit it is different - we both know each other for a long time. I've been sneaking around him forever, stalking him, smelling him, adoring him like a lunatic. I was always afraid that he was too harsh and masculine. But he's not. It's love! He gets to spend the whole day and night on top of me ;)

When I finally got it and carried it, my husband said when he picked me up (had Delina on his right arm and Ambre Nuit on his left) wow you smell beautiful. I thought he meant the compliment of Delina and held it out. No, he said, did you spray another one, it smells slightly tart but also sweet and really nice. Hmm I thought and let him sniff the left one. Yeah, that's the one. It smells really horny and sexy
Okay, he's a little harsh... But not manly. Because I wore it all week and my husband was on my neck the whole time. And I was on my wrist :D
Find Ambre Nuit also slightly tart but not masculine. It is definitely unisex! For me, anyway.
On me, Ambre Nuit is spicy-sweet. Woodsy? Yes. I don't like it. But with a certain deep and sweet.

My God, he's well done!
Violence
I can be alone with you, but I can't be lonely...
This is my first comment on Parfumo and I simply cannot help but dedicate it to this wonderful fragrance. First of all, I'd like to mention that I'd call myself a beginner when it comes to the perfume world, but everyone has to start somewhere. :)

I dedicate this comment to this fragrance, because it has an unbelievable influence on me and as macabre as it may sound to some people - it is a kind of life companion for me. I ordered a bottling of Ambre Nuit a few months ago because I wanted to expand my pool of already tested fragrances and it already has a certain name in the scene. My first impression: "Smells really good...", but it didn't really knock me off my feet. I put it with all the other bottlings that linger in my cupboard and otherwise I didn't pay any further attention to it. Every now and then I made a splash on the back of my hand and in the beginning I didn't even suspect what this scent would have for me later on, but more about that later
Just to add my own olfactory input: Ambre Nuit starts off woody-fruity for me. I can perceive a grapefruit that blends with a light rose and a wintery, Christmassy note... Cinnamon? A glance at the pyramid of scents told me that I wasn't necessarily right about cinnamon, but maybe it's the combination of the different notes that gives me this impression. It smells warm and enveloping, it is present but not obtrusive. It lasts a solid 8-10 hours with me before it becomes quieter and its presence disappears.

But why is this fragrance so important to me now? With it on my skin, I can switch off. He takes me in his arms and shows me that everything is fine. I learned to love it in a private and for me difficult life situation and it helps me to forget the stress and worries for a moment. Since I have been working with perfumes, I have not yet found a fragrance that triggers a similar feeling in me - and I have really acquired some bottles and above all bottlings in the meantime. For some people, such a description of their own feelings may sound absurd, but you can't influence feelings. Ambre Nuit is for me the most wonderful fragrance I have ever known and it will be my companion forever.

To come slowly to the end: due to my previous life experiences I had to realize that love is not necessarily forever. I had to realize that things often come differently and that a real constant in life can never be foreseen. Professionally, as an emergency paramedic in the rescue service, I often had to realize that things can happen at any time that can change the current life situation forever. I had to find out that even an emotionally strong person experiences things he has to nibble on, although he never expected that something like this could happen to him. But if there is one constant in my life, it is that my fire can never be extinguished for you, you beautiful Ambre Nuit.

In everlasting love,
your Jonas
DarkWinterCS
Dior love-hate relationship with maximum potential
This fragrance is one of those that always causes me pure headaches. Why Dior ? WHY ? It would have had the potential to get the highest score, but somehow it obstructs the way just before the finish. Shortly before perfection he starts to weaken and unfortunately he doesn't reach the summit.

But why ?
I'll have to back up a little. It would be boring if I told you everything at the beginning.

After a long back and forth I decided to test the Bois D'Argent from Dior at the beginning of the year. For a long time I was put off by the statement about the durability of the fragrance. Because I don't like to test a fragrance where I see the danger that I like it, but then the durability is too low to actually invest the money for it and end up in the collection.
But now, testing new fragrances and expanding your horizons is part of perfume damage. I would like to mention how far my collection was from being able to house an amber scent. I didn't get on the track of this genre until then
Why only ?
If I had known beforehand how great amber fragrances are, I am sure there would be other fragrances in my collection today.

So Bois D'Argent landed with me now and presented himself so proud and soft on my skin that the urge to buy revived directly in me. I informed myself and tried to get hold of a 40ml bottle. Unfortunately (or fortunately) there was no suitable souk offer available. Little by little I understood the scent and I realized that this scent will probably not end up with me after all. Because the ultimate performance of the fragrance was too weak for me. To pay the called price was too much even for me.
Besides Bois D'Argent, there was this other famous fragrance that many had in the collection and which together with it is considered the flagship of the Prise-Line. Namely Ambre Nuit.

It took a few weeks until the Ambre Nuit arrived at my place as a rehearsal, but the anticipation was still quite high. I already knew some warmer scents like Camel from Zoologist, but I couldn't imagine how this scent would sniff at the end.

As soon as the fragrance touched my skin, wet my arm and carried its aromas into the world, I was done for. I was in love. Since my wife does not necessarily share my passion for perfume she did not necessarily share this moment ;-).
It was at this moment that my love for amber scents and variations of them began. A great moment of my passion for perfume. It was immediately clear that the perfume damage had struck again.

The beginning is so unfamiliar, I could not help but notice it. On the one hand slightly fresh and yet somehow slightly peppery. But the whole fragrance is enveloped by such a wonderful softness and velvety, so that this is perceived differently. Here a rose is also indicated, which I as a rose hater do not perceive at all, as I know it. Little by little soft and creamy woods are added, accompanied by warm amber notes. One can say that after about 15 minutes the fragrance enters these amber notes and remains over the entire course
I had to have that smell. Rarely have I heard a fragrance that fits so well into the evening hours for me. It was not too pushy, but not too reserved either. A good investment for me. Even if it was a 40ml bottle for the beginning.

It's been a good three months now. I have worn the fragrance at all times of the day and in all temperatures. Many insights have been gained. Both in terms of the scent and my personal taste. The time also brought up a question in me, do you really still need this scent.

Why ?
Because I find the fragrance almost a bit too smooth and boring, although this is exactly its strength.

You have to say one thing about the fragrance, it really performs differently on my skin every day. Especially on colder days I can put the fragrance away quite a bit, then it is already far away from everything after two hours. In retrospect, this is quite disappointing, as I suspected it would happen in warmer temperatures because of the warmer notes.
Also the Sillage is generally a bit more reserved. This is not too bad, but in combination with the durability at certain temperatures it leads to my above mentioned love-hate relationship.
It seems to work best on my skin between 20 and 25 degrees. Here it can be heard for a relatively long time in the radiation and also lasts quite long. Everything below reduces the silage, everything above reduces the durability. In the end I could have learned my lessons from the Bois D'Argent.

I love the scent of his kind, love him for his softness. But hate him for the narrow degree of wearability/performance and for his non-existent corners.

So in the short term, the decision remains for me, does he make room for something with more performance and uniqueness or do I live with my love-hate.

Why ?
Only Dior knows.

TRehfTRehf 11 days ago
My favorite Amber scent. Very sophisticated and still sensual. Doesn’t get cloying. Longevity 6-8h. Great quality. Worth the price. Unisex.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 12 days ago
The opening is fresh and spicy. Citruses, rose and pink pepper. After a few minutes, the sweet amber, blended with salty rose, is wonderful.
ElysiumElysium 2 months ago
I get shades of salty and rosy vibes, a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy amber and rose.
TorkeTorke 8 months ago
Could be amazing but it lacks depth. A decent Amber scent but had it All to be one of the Best.
YosYos 3 years ago
Smells like bio oil
FarouhaFarouha 5 years ago
I adore this but sadly it doesn't project well on my skin. What a shame.

by Pepdal
.....  ‚at night‘ für Fresh .....
by Baptiste
by RobK
by Lexa
by Lexa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior