Ambre Nuit by Dior / Christian Dior
Ambre Nuit (Dior / Christian Dior)

Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepper, Rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Gaiac wood, Patchouli, Cedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 18.01.2019

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 7.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
How to make an entrance!
After a short journey from my first fragrance Ck One, I have tried many very popular men's fragrances, almost all of them have a right to exist in my collection - I need for my professional life, which fills as good as my whole life, a fragrance that also pleases people who do not deal with fragrances, but to which I would also belong - because these come across very pleasant, even in very close contact, with many different people. A specific fragrance would be out of place here, even if I like it very much, I would only get it as a small filling to sniff at every now and then.

It quickly became clear that each of these fragrances is so well known and accepted in the nose of many that one does not leave a lasting impression. However, I like to wear most of them often and I missed a unique fragrance for the first appearance, for the first getting to know each other, no romantic, no sporty getting to know each other, no getting to know each other in the office but getting to know each other where you have to present yourself, not as in a creative sense, a performance where the first seconds decide how good the cooperation will be in the next months.

Here comes Ambre Nuit into play, I won't pray down a fragrance pyramid here, but there are a few aspects I would like to describe about this fragrance.

Ambre Nuit reminds me of incense, I don't want to dance the trained nose here on the nose, but if I had to put the scent together myself, I would put incense on a piece of charcoal, make a roiboss tea, add half a grapefruit and garnish it all with some honey and fold it all into a fine silk cloth. I've had the scent for several months and couldn't smell my fill yet. This has a warm and beguiling, but above all convincing effect.

Anyone who is angry now that I am not explaining the fragrance pyramid and going into every component, may I be forgiven.

Still a few not unimportant details, in the form of the four evaluation criteria.

Fragrance: As described above, in my eyes a winner in terms of uniqueness, feeling and perfection.

Durability: Here you have to smear the scent, with me it lasts the first few hours very well, especially the first two hours are very strong. After 9 hours I still perceive the smell partly in impulses.

Sillage: This is not too strong, as already described one gets with this smell an aura, a space is easily filled and depending on proximity one perceives this naturally stronger. Heat naturally plays a role here, in winter on the road it is of little use, in a closed room it unfolds again very nicely and you don't pull an eternally long flag behind you.

Flacon: For me, the flacon is a clear winner, simple, simple, simple. More does not need a bottle, if I could I would choose all my fragrances in this design.

Now a little bit to my experience, since I have this smell and use it regularly for my "appearance", I come, in my perception, much more easily to the people. I enter the room, appear friendly and self-confident, with a little smile and the robe of Ambre Nuit. This often makes people very relaxed, they are often very open and I am quickly accepted. In a few days a few compliments and the question which fragrance I wear often follow. Some may think that this fragrance may come across a little professional, I wouldn't confirm that.

It quickly became clear that this fragrance would become my signature fragrance, I don't think that I would find another fragrance in the next few years with which one can enter a room and draw everyone's attention to himself and his intention - I don't want to say wrap my finger around it.

Also the price is often discussed, I would honestly think the price is worthwhile.
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 7.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Ambre Nuit review
This is my take on the 2009 Dior Prive Collection release composed by Francois Demachy. Please watch and leave a comment if you have this and let me know what you think

~ Masterpiece Composition ~
~ Elegant does not begin to describe the notes that waft from this masterpiece! The deepest powdery amber, light peppery rose and a faint citrus come together to create the epitome of luxurious formal scent. Ambre Nuit is so sophisticated I feel guilty as the sillage catches my nose while wearing a casual shirt on a lazy day at home. This review shows you can praise a scent and admire it's composition but my search for the next bottle to join my modest collection goes on. Alas this floral and patchouli cologne creation after a generous sampling is not for my personal taste.
The journey continues ....
Kind Regards, Plat ~
Bottle 5.0/10 Sillage 7.5/10 Longevity 7.5/10
Speechless...
Ambre Nuit is one of the most luxurious fragrances I have ever smelled! Every time I put this on it just feels sublime! Perfection in a bottle!

Ambre Nuit is essentially a rose and ambergris fragrance, which sounds simple... until you try it! It is so well done and smooth, that even though it is simple, it is one of the best things I have ever come across!

The Rose is made sparkling and light and held up by the fresh bergamot and grapefruit, whilst the ambergris is surrounded by pink pepper, labdanum and amber... with hints of guaiac wood & patchouli. It's so fresh yet decadent! I think the idea behind this creation from François Demachy was to evoke the feeling of the grand balls 18th Century... full of elegant and decadent people. The fragrance certainly smells decadent, but it's also quite wearable at the same time.

This is without a doubt one of the best perfumes I have ever encountered... and I would recommend anyone to try it! Just beautiful stuff!
Scent 10.0/10
Ambre Sec
When dreams come true, Ambre Nuit should be worn.

This is a delightful oriental scent.
The amber is dry and crisp, caused by delicious bergamot, grapefruit and a fine rose. The pepper is rather present too.
I could wish for more sillage. On the other hand, I adore the private world this wonderful concoction creates.
Once again I am smitten with a beautiful contradiction: warmth and zest.

In my top ten.
Sillage 5.0/10 Longevity 5.0/10 Scent 7.0/10
A Not Very Ambery Oriental Cologne
Dior AMBRE NUIT is an appealing oriental cologne with spices more dominant than amber to my nose. I gather that the amber in this composition is not labdanum amber but synthetic ambergris, so maybe what I'm missing is the labdanum thickness--not the ambergris. There also appears to be a touch of incense or myrrh, and there is definitely wood in this composition, though some of these detectable notes are not listed in the hierarchy. I've been noticing though, in my travels through haute couture Dior, that they are fond of keeping their recipes a well-guarded secret. None of these niche-quality offerings reveals more than a few of its notes, though it's quite clear that they are all very complex, well-composed creations.

Wrist-sniffingly appealing, the only reason why I won't be adding AMBRE NUIT to my collection is that it is indeed a cologne, not an edt or edp. I used up my entire sample vial over the course of a couple of hours. I prefer my orientals in a more viscous format, but guys and gals looking for a thinner layer of oriental cologne should definitely give AMBRE NUIT a sniff.

Yos 144 days ago