Ambre Nuit 2009

Ambre Nuit by Dior
Top 29 in Unisex Perfume
Ambre Nuit is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2009. The scent is spicy-woody. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette)

Top Notes Top NotesBergamotBergamot GrapefruitGrapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesPink pepperPink pepper Turkish roseTurkish rose
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber Gaiac woodGaiac wood PatchouliPatchouli CedarCedar

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 25.05.2022.

Night & Day Swing Time
Of all the places the films have created, one of the most magical and enduring is Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers's universe. To a series of films made between 1933 and 1939, they brought such grace and humor that they became the touchstone of all things elegant. Astaire and Rogers were, above all, talented dancers. But what Fred and Ginger have had together, and no other team has ever had alike, was a joy for the performance. They were so good, and they knew they were so good that they danced to celebrate their gifts. According to The Oxford Companion to the American Musical, Swing Time is "a strong candidate for the best of the Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers musicals."
Ambre Nuit is a mysterious fragrance, and I like to associate it with the atmospheres and dances of the early 19th century. The slow seduction of a dance that is always wholly refined only hints at the underlying passion—the limbs' sensual crawling. The expanse of a man's chest warmed and was slightly musky.

It is an early middle March morning, and the weather is still chilly. As soon as I leave home, the cool air blends with this cologne, and a sweet rosy amber fills my nostrils. The rose is dense, profound, cozy, and with the amber, it creates a unique aroma that diverges from the thousand oud&rose creations. Ambre Nuit is a delightful oriental scent and includes citrus, spice, floral, amber, woody, and earthy notes. The tale of a dark rose seduced by sensual amber, which together unveils an unexpected profound, intense and elusive scent, a damn good one at that. The amber is dry, bittersweet, herbal, and crisp, caused by delicious bergamot and bright grapefruit, the latter harsher than the former, which turn out fresh for just a few moments. The opening feels berry-ish and boozy; I get shades of salty and rosy vibes plus a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene for a lifetime. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy citrus and rose with a nice twist of amber. I love that opening; therefore, I spray more and more during the day to get that magnificent accord.

The heart reveals a lovely yet delicate Turkish rose combined with spicy accents of pink pepper. In the past few days, I have reviewed Oud Ispahan, and in there, the rose was so earthy, smoky, and dry. Here it is more amber, creamy, a beautiful waxy rose dusted with powder, and not an ordinary rose. Yet, it is never so syrupy or sweet as to feel jammy and fruited. Instead, it's a tremendous powdery rose with a warm and spicy base that makes it irresistible. What makes this rose truly special is adding a ton of the smoothest powder known to man: face powder. It may not be listed in the notes, but there is undoubtedly more than just a hint of iris lurking somewhere beneath that crimson rose. I get a mellifluous and waxy aroma directly from the heart, just as if wax or a derivative of bees were present; perhaps it is only the result of the fusion of other notes. Describing Ambre Nuit as a rosy fragrance could be misleading. It's not the one on my skin for most of its development. "rose" is almost the last thing I perceive with this somewhat smoky, woody, and amber fragrance. And I don't mind at all.

It dries to a warm amber note that complements the entire composition and leaves an inviting effect. A beautiful accord of dry, rich, and fine woods, amber, and patchouli envelop it in a slightly smoky, decidedly oriental way. I like Ambre Nuit because the amber accord doesn't hide all the other notes; it leaves room for you to smell the citrus in the opening, the flowers in the heart, and a nutty cola aroma at the base. However, the real key is salty-sweet ambergris, an olfactive animal note from the regular amber used in most perfumes. Even the patchouli is tamed; nothing here smells like the sour ingredient, dirty and chewy and often loaded with purplish fruit's nuances. It has a smokiness here that would imply incense as a hidden note, which is later confirmed by the rest of the Ambre Nuit development. There is some smokiness in the base, and it should come from guaiac wood unless olibanum is present but not stated. In this last phase, the squad has miserably vanished.

Lasting power is perfect for concentration; Ambre Nuit stays on me for several hours. While I think Ambre Nuit would be best for the winter months and colder days, with a screening day even in the cold winter, it is not overwhelming and great for summer evenings and formal events when applied in moderation. I see no reason why it cannot be worn if adequately used.

This review is based upon a decant I have owned since February 2021.

-Elysium

Ambre nuit
What a gem this is, this is one of the best rose scents that's out there. Thank God that this isn't a rose with oud, I mean how many times can that be done, instead this is a soft rose, that smells like you have walk the garden and only grabbed the best roses . Along with some nice spices that is perfectly blended that gives you a nice aroma and a nice scent bubble. The projection on my skin is not in beast mode but sometimes that's all you need ....

For the artist
For the artist or for the artist within us wishing to be voiced. Ambre Nuit plays with concepts as playfully as an artist might with colors on a canvas. The composition strives to not be contained by a simple description, or category. Let me try:

A proud, whipping, and whirling rose. So more of a feminine scent?

...Bold, tingling, and ever so slightly irritating civet. Unwearable?

...Warm, loving, and gentle amber.

Well, can you say it is spicy? You could although it does vary throughout its life, and it is balanced with citrus notes.

Each notion of what the fragrance "is", is contradicted in some form or another given enough attention. This scent is for those who wish not to be tied down by notions of identity and who you thought you were. For the experimenter, for the ever-learning knower, for the artist.

What dreams are made of
I still remember the first time I laid my nose on this one. I had never tried anything like it, and I was sure I had to get a bottle one way or the other, despite the price tag. This fragrance reminds me of when I was younger, when random people would pass you by on the street, and once in a while you would smell the sillage of something magical... And for a few seconds time stands still… You are transported to a different place. All you can think of is: “who on earth is wearing that fragrance?!” You turn around… But the person is gone, and now you are only left with a dreamlike sillage and your own imagination. That is Ambre Nuit.

It is hard to find the right words to describe this masterpiece. Sensual, luxurious, sophisticated and very upper scale, those are the first things that come to mind. Completely unisex in my opinion, and I would love to smell this on a woman one day. Simply breathtaking fragrance… People will want to know what you’re wearing… They will follow you around… Until they get the courage to ask what it is. It’s that special. When this dries down, you get the interplay between the ambergris and the Turkish rose which is simply mesmerizing.

I heard that François Demachy took his time while creating this perfume, and you can tell. Good things often take time and patience. Ambre Nuit was made with care, passion and love… You can smell it. The blending is sheer perfection and it lingers in the air like an invisible veil. It pushes just enough to evoke some sort of curiosity around you. I’ve heard that some apparently think the projection and longevity isn’t good enough. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but if Ambre Nuit was more loud and heavy than it already is, it would lose it’s personality and DNA. Some of the best sillages I have encountered in my life, are the ones that come creeping slowly, but surely… It teases, without being loud or obnoxious. As Ambre Nuit does best. 10/10.

Ultimate amber
The original version of amber unit still ranks as probably the finest, most seductive fragrance I have smelled. Unfortunately subsequent versions have been less compelling in terms of depth and longevity, but nonetheless it remains an absolutely beautiful fragrance. Warm, inviting, sensual, refined and elegant.
LucasTho
My first point of contact with the perfume world
It was a late summer afternoon when I strolled curiously along Düsseldorf's Kö. Many different impressions marked this afternoon, from beautiful car bodies, which strutted sometimes louder, sometimes quieter over the asphalt, to the several boutiques with well-dressed employees, who opened the doors to the customers. However, this was not the main association with this afternoon. It was a well-dressed man who had passed me by unassumingly. I wouldn't have even noticed him if he didn't carry with him a very interesting scent that made everyone turn around. It was a scent of elegance, modernity and you could smell the uniqueness, as well as the class that this perfume was. Intrigued by this scent, I described this impression to a salesman at a boutique and the second thing he showed me was Christian Dior Ambre Nuit. I put the test strip to my nose and there was that feeling again. I can't say for sure if it was really the fragrance I smelled that day in question, but it triggered the same associations in me:
Citrusy opening with a peppery background. So subtle that it could in no way come across as intrusive or acrid, paired with the underlying rose to which is added over time these slightly powdery woods and the beautifully warming amber.

It reminds me a lot of amber (not just because of the color) because it has the same effect on me. Luxurious, warm, secure.
Durability and sillage was particularly good for me at the time experience, because I was previously used to only low-quality fragrances, after today's perception and quite a few olfactory samples later, I would call it a little better than mediocre, but definitely one of the better of this line.

Since this perfume, a new world has revealed itself to me. A world that didn't seem to exist for me before. A world that goes beyond the high street perfume stores. The infinite world of fragrances
Addiction Danger
What I hear again and again is that this fragrance is rather masculine.
I deny that in no way, but I can not really confirm it. Unisex is the magic word...

Personally, I love this fragrance extremely! I find that the rose / amber combination is extremely well done. Have heard so far from many women that they find the fragrance really good or love, but they would rather smell it on a man. I feel differently in that respect. I can not imagine him on my partner eg, love him but the more on me.

He gives me a felling of boss lady mixed with elegance. There is something unique about him. It envelops me and warms me up!
Perfect for colder days , although I must say I always wear it when I feel like it (regardless of season) .

Whether it is a fragrance that can seduce others I do not know - but the fact is that he has seduced me ..
Farmer seeks woman
Some moments in life can be really hard and really make you hate such a popular fragrance. I've ordered me ne sample because I've seen in various YT channels how often raved about it.

So the scent is sprayed, and the first thing I perceive is fruity, citrusy sweet, which is not bad. Then drydown but BAAAAM... I smell the moment when my then neighbor had his first date in our house with an acquaintance. Since this one is a dairy farmer, he always carries around a certain natural odeur. Which in itself doesn't bother me as I grew up with it and know the circumstances. However, he seriously tried to spray the whole thing over and what came out was a sweet rose scent mixed with güle. So he stood there dressed up as usual and a bouquet of flowers and I had to flee because I was sick, the lady probably didn't like it either. But I never asked her what the reason was for not allowing another meeting.

I thought the first time I sprayed the times to the HO. Then I sat there, the smell stung my nose so bad, I got reflexes and had to get in the shower immediately. I still tried it a few times to look at him differently. I heard this one has cola vibez and it's true for me too especially in the opening. In the first few minutes.... no problem at all. Having this on my skin for too long means not only a headache, but sweats and dizziness.

Don't blind buy this
So folks, here are some of my honest opinion on Ambre Nuit after testing it.
If you are into fragrances for a while, you probably had plenty experience with either complex designers or niche.

In my honest opinion, Ambre Nuit is not worth the price its charging.

Maybe it's just my personality or chemistry but this smells somewhat generic to me.

Opening is quite rosy, the rose note is absolutely backed up by real rose absolute, you can smell the fleshy and indolic nature of the rose. Then the ambergris come into the support.

To me, it smells more feminine than masculine. And yes I have tried and loved other colonges that are rose dominant. I really enjoy Antaeus and Egoiste, both are gorgeous. But this rose here is too pretty and realistic to communicate masculinity.

Regarding the ambergris in this, I do get a slight animalic touch to it (it has a bad breath smell, very slightly), but the amount used in this does not make this an ambergris dominant perfume.

I am so glad I sampled this, I was gonna just buy a 8.5oz bottle but this fragrance did not impress me at all.

Who do I think would like this??
Mature woman/ young ladies with mature personality
Guys who feel very comfortable wearing sugary fragrances such as DHI or AHSEE
Rose lovers
Artists who are very expressive and secure in themselves

The fragrance itself is really pleasant, and VERY high quality. But to me it is really not worth the price given its performance and also scent profile.

Hope that helps.
I guess I'm more of an American redneck so don't mind me.
Maikel
Sensual beautiful and valuable fragrance
BUT sprayed on he smells, for me and at me, like a shallower variant of the Akkad of
Lubin, which is why I would also prefer this one, since it is cheaper and performs better.

--- I know this is not a proper review. But for a statement were unfortunately too many characters and I just had to get rid of that just as ---

ScentPTScentPT 6 months ago
It´s my signature scent . Has an amazing fresh and spicy scents combination. The only downside is it's perfomance.
Jbl775Jbl775 8 months ago
Light, glassy amber with rose, grapefruit and bergamot, with some pink pepper to give it some zing. Elegant, and really charismatic scent.
MariaSMariaS 9 months ago
When you smell it from the bottle you get a 40knots vibe whereas this one is more rosey-ambery sweet. 40 knots is more spicy aquatic.
Cheech93Cheech93 12 months ago
Great scent, I get a spicy, jammy rose; definitely unisex. Sadly, projection is minimal and becomes a skin scent rather quickly.
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
My favorite Amber scent. Very sophisticated and still sensual. Doesn’t get cloying. Longevity 6-8h. Great quality. Worth the price. Unisex.
BertolucciKBertolucciK 1 year ago
The opening is fresh and spicy. Citruses, rose and pink pepper. After a few minutes, the sweet amber, blended with salty rose, is wonderful.
ElysiumElysium 1 year ago
I get shades of salty and rosy vibes, a smidgen of cola that stays behind the scene. It's an elixir of sensual and wispy amber and rose.
TorkeTorke 2 years ago
Could be amazing but it lacks depth. A decent Amber scent but had it All to be one of the Best.
YosYos 4 years ago
Smells like bio oil
FarouhaFarouha 6 years ago
I adore this but sadly it doesn't project well on my skin. What a shame.

by Pepdal
.....  ‚at night‘ für Fresh .....
by Baptiste
by ParfumNobile
by Tincheeen
by Tincheeen

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior