Bois d'Argent 2004

Bois d'Argent by Dior
Bottle Design Hedi Slimane
Top 73 in Unisex Perfume
Bois d'Argent is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Escentric 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesYemenite frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesSomalian myrrh, Indonesian patchouli, Florentine iris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woody notes, Honey, Leather, White musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 19.02.2021.

"Silverwood" - The name says it all
First of all, I do not know exactly what to say about this fragrance. I do not know yet whether I like it now or not. But first of all, I have ordered a filling and sprayed directly times on the arm. Now what do I smell ... One notices as the very first how softly powdery this fragrance is nevertheless it wraps the skin which is very pleasant BUT in this regard there are of course point deductions with the sillage. I smell the iris out at the beginning, a somewhat powdery reminiscent of iris. After a few minutes, I perceive a very metallic "silver" note, which disturbs me ...?
I'm not sure. This is underpinned with woody leathery components again. The name "silver wood" is actually program here. I'm impressed how perfumers get such compositions, that's quite remarkable.
The question is now but ... I want to smell so??
I mean do not get me wrong the name "Bois d'Argent" is well taken and that is I think a masterpiece of perfumery art, but I'm not sure if I really lies this kind of fragrance. Nevertheless, I will give it a chance and maybe it will grow on me.
The durability is above average but the sillage is rather weak, which is good because the fragrance would otherwise be much too heavy and would cause headaches.
A blind purchase I would therefore not recommend but a test recommendation there is from me all the time.
Christian Dior - Bois d'overhyped
Die-hard lovers of this fragrance better skip this comment here.

I've heard a lot of good things about this fragrance, and it's also mentioned and adored in several music lyrics.
Accordingly, I tested this fragrance. "Can only be good" I thought to myself. From the fragrances of Christian Dior I am a fan anyway.

Said done. Sprayed on and my first thought was: What should be so special now?

The minutes passed, the top note disappeared, the first thought remained.

My second thought: the fragrance DNA somehow doesn't match the rest of the Christian Dior line. In hindsight, I think it's because Bois d'argent is the only fragrance in the Privé line that wasn't made by perfumer François Demachy.

The bottom line is that I am disappointed with this fragrance. He does not smell bad, but he smells no better than a 08/15 designer perfume for 40-60€.

Durability and sillage are average.
The bottle of Dior is a 10 out of 10.
The price is completely overpriced
It smells like money...
Yes I admit, I got this scent as a result of a hip-hop track by a well-known German rapper. I also admit that I bought this scent Blind and now I can already see the people behind the screen dropping their cups.

If I now say that I liked this scent after the second, third spray, they will declare me crazy. Yes it was love on the second sprayer and for so much money.

Well, the rest is history... a love story. The fragrance is unique and beautiful, it fits like a white shirt and gives me everything I need. Incense, patchouli, woods and much more, everything I love about a fragrance. It's also true that the fragrance development BdA somehow makes you smell of banknotes, beautiful old banknotes that tell a story, where they were, who spent them... but I'm rambling again
The fragrance is plodding, silky, woody and so much more. The durability is great and I can smell the scent on my clothes later. But the silage is and I must honestly say that, really weak. It is hardly noticeable for others but it doesn't have to be, it's mine alone and that's all that counts...
DerDefcon
Do not be afraid of durability and sillage.
"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that is heavily discussed in this community, not in terms of fragrance DNA and its perfection - there is broad agreement here - but rather in terms of durability and sillage. I will describe my experiences, which might be contrary to many a comment or statement.

"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that does not undergo much development, which the complex pyramid would suggest. I detect a mixture of brightly flashing iris, frankincense, honey and subtly spicy myrrh. Dior's bestseller smells to me like dry wood thrown into a haystack. Others associate it with attics, barns and similarly scented images.
Now it is often said that "Bois d'Argent" has a poor durability and can only be heard at close range. At least on my skin this expresses itself differently.
The silverwood is sprayed in the morning, around 7.00 o'clock. Then it is time to go to school, observe, teach, exchange ideas with the mentors. During this time "Bois d'Argent" regularly blows around me, is there and then not, only to flash up again sometime. I was not addressed by the scent and I don't expect that. However, I think that the surroundings also have something of it. After all, he blows me around the whole working day, which suggests more than just a very close silage. It's certainly not massive and that's a good thing, as a room-flooding character would completely contradict the airy, elegantly designed scent DNA. And even if the scent DNA may smell of luxury, elegance and somehow also wealth, it is still wearable in a casual way and does not seem out of place anywhere. You don't need a suit or a shirt, at most long trousers, well-groomed shoes and a simple, plain-coloured T-shirt. Then this signature-scented masterpiece is an ideal companion for the day, which is not able to cause a nuisance in any situation and which actually cannot be "sprayed over". In any case, I do not regret having tested it, even though I already know "Bois d'Iris" and classify it as a very good fragrance. But "Bois d'Argent" is even better, even more beautiful, simply perfect.

Very pale silver
This refers to what is available in 2020, so it might have very little or nothing at all to do with a previous edition. My nose detects a woody, slightly spicy scent, very mild and therefore easy to wear anytime. There is a slight powdery aftertaste, so to speak. Iris? Perhaps. Incense? Perhaps. Would I invest in it at current prices? Probably not. (It reminds me of Bvlgari Man Black Orient and Memo Shams Oud.)
I smell money
Just like the Tom Ford Oud Wood I was allowed to get to know this scent thanks to the rapper Shindy. In his song Raffaelo Shindy raps " the whole room smells of money thanks to my Bois d'Argent". Since Shindy is not only musically but also in fashion and fragrances quite my taste I ordered a bottling and what can I say: Bois d'Argent really smells like money. After spraying it on, I was directly promoted to my apprenticeship at the bank. It actually smells like a fresh bundle of banknotes.

The individual notes are therefore difficult to recognize at the beginning. With time you will notice quite clearly a pleasant iris. This is slightly underlined by very dry and mild wood notes. With time the iris becomes softer and the woody notes come to the fore, but still the iris is clearly perceptible. Now the fragrance doesn't change over its entire duration, only every now and then a cloud rises into the nose, reminding us of the notes from the beginning.

Altogether I perceive the smell myself for 8 hours, only my environment does not smell it at all. It is so close that even my girlfriend has to get very close to smell it.

When applied, the fragrance looks very masculine, but on the test strip a powdery note, familiar from the original Dior Homme, dominates only more strongly. On the test strip, I would even say that it is a feminine scent.

Even though it is a nice scent, it is not enough for a whole bottle. Too unspectacular and for me somehow difficult to classify by the occasion and season. Nevertheless, Shindy proves its good taste like Oud Wood once again.
Luxquenox
Extremely nice scent, unfortunately only nobody smells it.
I must say that when I first smelled the fragrance, I fell in love immediately and I still love the scent - powdery, woody, sweetly airy with a magical note that you can't really describe. The name translated "silverwood" is very apt for what one imagines in the imagination underneath - the smell of the bark of a magic tree in a surreal forest consisting of silver trees.
Unfortunately, all this fizzles out because nobody but you can perceive the scent. I have tried everything from 4-8 splashes and even on active demand and smelling my skin, the scent often could not be perceived - that is a real pity

Did someone say money?
Who does not know it, you stand at the cash machine and get fresh banknotes. I always noticed the special smell of the paint and the cotton paper. This very special smell that fresh banknotes radiate, one also finds in the Bois d'Argent.

It is a great mix of the incense, the iris and sweet leather through the honey. The fragrance is relatively feminine, but can also be worn very well by men who want to wear a truly unique fragrance with confidence. The flacon from the entire Priveé series is simple, but high-quality processed.

With the Bois d'Argent you get a unique unisex scent that becomes sweeter and sweeter with time. Unfortunately it does not have the best durability and does not project extremely. If you want to enjoy the fragrance yourself or get intimate with someone, you still have a great and special perfume!
Dior Homme Cologne
At the beginning of the millennium, the young up-and-coming designer Hedi Slimane became the new creative director of the men's division of Dior. Under his leadership, the company radically repositioned itself and revolutionised men's fashion: simple elegance characterised by black and white, tight cuts and an androgynous image of men shaped Slimane's vision and can still be found in his fashion today. During this time he also launched three exclusive men's fragrances, called "Dior Homme Colognes". Among them Eau Noire, the now discontinued Cologne Blanche and Bois d'Argent, which has remained in the exclusive line to this day and is probably still one of the bestsellers.

For me, Bois d'Argent perfectly embodies the Dior fashion of the time. For me, the fragrance is first and foremost powdery and woody. But it's not heavy, it conveys a certain lightness, transparency and freshness. For me, the fragrance smells like a very modern version of a classic men's scent - without the classic scents you know from such fragrances. The iris, which is the focal point, makes it powdery and elegant without smelling of lipstick like Dior Homme. The frankincense and myrrh give it a spicy freshness that makes the fragrance interesting but not too exhausting. Woods, leather and musk give it a masculine-powerful base, which at the same time remains very clean. All in all, the fragrance has a cloudy, luxurious aura for me, which seems infinitely self-confident and stylish - without screaming too much for attention.

Durability and sillage are also recommended. The scent lasts for many hours and I can easily get through the day with it. The Sillage is present, but always stays relatively close to the skin. The scent is there all day and can be perceived by people in the immediate vicinity, but never so strong that it would become annoying or intrusive. Therefore the fragrance is wearable for me at all times of the day and year, but it probably works best in spring and autumn. I can imagine the fragrance for many occasions and it complements the chic suit as well as the white shirt with jeans.

All in all Bois d'Argent is for me the perfect addition to the wardrobe of a man who is sure of himself and his style and who is looking for a luxuriously light fragrance that complements every outfit in an interesting way without becoming the center of it. I therefore find the original label as "Dior Homme Cologne" incredibly fitting - there's no better way to sum up the fragrance.
Tijanero
The noblest iris in the game
The search for the perfect iris fragrance just doesn't stop - especially because I love DHI so much In the course of my constant research I often (rightly) became aware of Bois D'argent from Dior. The direct comparison with DHI, however, should be treated with caution, since the fragrances next to the iris have nothing to do with each other in my opinion
Well, as so often said, "Souk takes care of that" - said, done - bottling ordered and 4 days later unpacked and tested full of anticipation. What can I say... already after the first spray on the back of my hand, a slightly creamy, woody iris note blew into my nose, not at all obtrusive - it directly triggers the desire for more in me. So sensual and light, yet masculine, BD wraps itself around my neck like a veil. Since the first test order (5ml) I immediately ordered 50ml via sharing, because I just can't get enough. For me it is a clear sign of becoming a Knadidat of one of my signature fragrances, especially in the office, because it doesn't scream loudly, but rather elegantly and calmly accompanies me through the day.

Final conclusion: With "Bois D'argent" Dior Privée has put on the iris crown for itself, absolutely deservedly.

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 12 days ago
Dry, aromatic wood, sauna-like smell. Very relaxing, almost spiritual, non-offensive fragrance, nice!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 12 days ago
Just like a walk in a wood in wintertime.A SpiritualSpiritual scent , very refined.
GreMuserGreMuser 1 month ago
Overall a solid fall/winter fragrance, but so monolithic that could quickly became boring. And a lot of people wears it, so, not so unique.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 11 months ago
Bright, beautiful iris with woody, resinous undertones. Very safe, comforting, and perfectly unisex fragrance. Great for daily and office.
KimJongKimJong 1 year ago
There is a funeral atmosphere but it is sweet and elegant. It would have been much better if the sillage was wider.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
Bois d'Argent is like a breeze quietly flowing thru a hazy silver birches dale at night. Ascetic incensed leather, and soft honeyed vanilla.
LockonLockon 3 years ago
Earthy resin...
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Wood appears light (becaus of iris) and illuminated by sunlight.

by IrisNobile
... tief im Silberwald  ......
by Flanker
by Splashfrag12
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior