Bois d'Argent 2004

Bois d'Argent by Dior
Bottle Design Hedi Slimane
Top 57 in Unisex Perfume
Bois d'Argent is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Escentric 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesYemenite frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesSomalian myrrh, Indonesian patchouli, Florentine iris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Woody notes, Honey, Leather, White musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 28.11.2020.

Faithfully managed. The silk perfume. For high times
In my opinion, Bois D'Argent is very difficult to assess at first. A perfume could hardly be formulated more reservedly. Bois D'Argent is an almost completely white canvas for me. A delicate drawing with silver pencil. A sketch, with barely perceptible contours. A very delicate perfume.

Sweet iris, spicy myrrh, a hint of incense. All this in such a fragrant, light concentration that it hardly seems noticeable. Little Sillage, so subtle on the skin. Bois D'Argent is thus definitely a fragrance for the self, a self-confident perfume that doesn't need lute chords to gain legitimacy.

A fragrance, like a wafer-thin wedding dress made of shimmering cream and silver silk, like a filigree silver chain, which hardly visibly tightly encloses a delicate neck and serves to wear a fine little diamond. Like a transparent veil. A wedding scent perhaps?

What I don't smell is money or a man's scent. Bois D'Argent is a women's perfume, but I think it's equally suitable for young girls. If you like to wear white, wear it with Bois D'Argent
DerDefcon
Do not be afraid of durability and sillage.
"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that is heavily discussed in this community, not in terms of fragrance DNA and its perfection - there is broad agreement here - but rather in terms of durability and sillage. I will describe my experiences, which might be contrary to many a comment or statement.

"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that does not undergo much development, which the complex pyramid would suggest. I detect a mixture of brightly flashing iris, frankincense, honey and subtly spicy myrrh. Dior's bestseller smells to me like dry wood thrown into a haystack. Others associate it with attics, barns and similarly scented images.
Now it is often said that "Bois d'Argent" has a poor durability and can only be heard at close range. At least on my skin this expresses itself differently.
The silverwood is sprayed in the morning, around 7.00 o'clock. Then it is time to go to school, observe, teach, exchange ideas with the mentors. During this time "Bois d'Argent" regularly blows around me, is there and then not, only to flash up again sometime. I was not addressed by the scent and I don't expect that. However, I think that the surroundings also have something of it. After all, he blows me around the whole working day, which suggests more than just a very close silage. It's certainly not massive and that's a good thing, as a room-flooding character would completely contradict the airy, elegantly designed scent DNA. And even if the scent DNA may smell of luxury, elegance and somehow also wealth, it is still wearable in a casual way and does not seem out of place anywhere. You don't need a suit or a shirt, at most long trousers, well-groomed shoes and a simple, plain-coloured T-shirt. Then this signature-scented masterpiece is an ideal companion for the day, which is not able to cause a nuisance in any situation and which actually cannot be "sprayed over". In any case, I do not regret having tested it, even though I already know "Bois d'Iris" and classify it as a very good fragrance. But "Bois d'Argent" is even better, even more beautiful, simply perfect.

Very pale silver
This refers to what is available in 2020, so it might have very little or nothing at all to do with a previous edition. My nose detects a woody, slightly spicy scent, very mild and therefore easy to wear anytime. There is a slight powdery aftertaste, so to speak. Iris? Perhaps. Incense? Perhaps. Would I invest in it at current prices? Probably not. (It reminds me of Bvlgari Man Black Orient and Memo Shams Oud.)
I smell money
Just like the Tom Ford Oud Wood I was allowed to get to know this scent thanks to the rapper Shindy. In his song Raffaelo Shindy raps " the whole room smells of money thanks to my Bois d'Argent". Since Shindy is not only musically but also in fashion and fragrances quite my taste I ordered a bottling and what can I say: Bois d'Argent really smells like money. After spraying it on, I was directly promoted to my apprenticeship at the bank. It actually smells like a fresh bundle of banknotes.

The individual notes are therefore difficult to recognize at the beginning. With time you will notice quite clearly a pleasant iris. This is slightly underlined by very dry and mild wood notes. With time the iris becomes softer and the woody notes come to the fore, but still the iris is clearly perceptible. Now the fragrance doesn't change over its entire duration, only every now and then a cloud rises into the nose, reminding us of the notes from the beginning.

Altogether I perceive the smell myself for 8 hours, only my environment does not smell it at all. It is so close that even my girlfriend has to get very close to smell it.

When applied, the fragrance looks very masculine, but on the test strip a powdery note, familiar from the original Dior Homme, dominates only more strongly. On the test strip, I would even say that it is a feminine scent.

Even though it is a nice scent, it is not enough for a whole bottle. Too unspectacular and for me somehow difficult to classify by the occasion and season. Nevertheless, Shindy proves its good taste like Oud Wood once again.
Luxquenox
Extremely nice scent, unfortunately only nobody smells it.
I must say that when I first smelled the fragrance, I fell in love immediately and I still love the scent - powdery, woody, sweetly airy with a magical note that you can't really describe. The name translated "silverwood" is very apt for what one imagines in the imagination underneath - the smell of the bark of a magic tree in a surreal forest consisting of silver trees.
Unfortunately, all this fizzles out because nobody but you can perceive the scent. I have tried everything from 4-8 splashes and even on active demand and smelling my skin, the scent often could not be perceived - that is a real pity

Did someone say money?
Who does not know it, you stand at the cash machine and get fresh banknotes. I always noticed the special smell of the paint and the cotton paper. This very special smell that fresh banknotes radiate, one also finds in the Bois d'Argent.

It is a great mix of the incense, the iris and sweet leather through the honey. The fragrance is relatively feminine, but can also be worn very well by men who want to wear a truly unique fragrance with confidence. The flacon from the entire Priveé series is simple, but high-quality processed.

With the Bois d'Argent you get a unique unisex scent that becomes sweeter and sweeter with time. Unfortunately it does not have the best durability and does not project extremely. If you want to enjoy the fragrance yourself or get intimate with someone, you still have a great and special perfume!
Dior Homme Cologne
At the beginning of the millennium, the young up-and-coming designer Hedi Slimane became the new creative director of the men's division of Dior. Under his leadership, the company radically repositioned itself and revolutionised men's fashion: simple elegance characterised by black and white, tight cuts and an androgynous image of men shaped Slimane's vision and can still be found in his fashion today. During this time he also launched three exclusive men's fragrances, called "Dior Homme Colognes". Among them Eau Noire, the now discontinued Cologne Blanche and Bois d'Argent, which has remained in the exclusive line to this day and is probably still one of the bestsellers.

For me, Bois d'Argent perfectly embodies the Dior fashion of the time. For me, the fragrance is first and foremost powdery and woody. But it's not heavy, it conveys a certain lightness, transparency and freshness. For me, the fragrance smells like a very modern version of a classic men's scent - without the classic scents you know from such fragrances. The iris, which is the focal point, makes it powdery and elegant without smelling of lipstick like Dior Homme. The frankincense and myrrh give it a spicy freshness that makes the fragrance interesting but not too exhausting. Woods, leather and musk give it a masculine-powerful base, which at the same time remains very clean. All in all, the fragrance has a cloudy, luxurious aura for me, which seems infinitely self-confident and stylish - without screaming too much for attention.

Durability and sillage are also recommended. The scent lasts for many hours and I can easily get through the day with it. The Sillage is present, but always stays relatively close to the skin. The scent is there all day and can be perceived by people in the immediate vicinity, but never so strong that it would become annoying or intrusive. Therefore the fragrance is wearable for me at all times of the day and year, but it probably works best in spring and autumn. I can imagine the fragrance for many occasions and it complements the chic suit as well as the white shirt with jeans.

All in all Bois d'Argent is for me the perfect addition to the wardrobe of a man who is sure of himself and his style and who is looking for a luxuriously light fragrance that complements every outfit in an interesting way without becoming the center of it. I therefore find the original label as "Dior Homme Cologne" incredibly fitting - there's no better way to sum up the fragrance.
Tijanero
The noblest iris in the game
The search for the perfect iris fragrance just doesn't stop - especially because I love DHI so much In the course of my constant research I often (rightly) became aware of Bois D'argent from Dior. The direct comparison with DHI, however, should be treated with caution, since the fragrances next to the iris have nothing to do with each other in my opinion
Well, as so often said, "Souk takes care of that" - said, done - bottling ordered and 4 days later unpacked and tested full of anticipation. What can I say... already after the first spray on the back of my hand, a slightly creamy, woody iris note blew into my nose, not at all obtrusive - it directly triggers the desire for more in me. So sensual and light, yet masculine, BD wraps itself around my neck like a veil. Since the first test order (5ml) I immediately ordered 50ml via sharing, because I just can't get enough. For me it is a clear sign of becoming a Knadidat of one of my signature fragrances, especially in the office, because it doesn't scream loudly, but rather elegantly and calmly accompanies me through the day.

Final conclusion: With "Bois D'argent" Dior Privée has put on the iris crown for itself, absolutely deservedly.
Egalite
I reach for the bottle... a touch of nothing!
A noble breath of nothing envelops my skin.
Stay with me, you breath of wood. So summer dry.
Stay with me, you touch of leather. So fine and subtle.
Stay with me, you classy brother of Dior Homme. So mature and noble.

Please, stay with me! I've loved you so much since the first second we met
...
The Dior Homme in a more noble and elegant version
This is my first souk comment, which I will make about a fragrance.
The Bois d' argent smells very much like the Dior Homme (as mentioned above), but it still has certain notes that make it, in my opinion, more noble and lighter, and its persistence is not really the best, as mentioned in other comments, but I think the Bois d' argent is a very pleasant, creamy and soft winter scent that you could wear on most occasions But what surprised me was that you couldn't find the Dior Homme in the fragrance twins, I would be interested to know if I am the only person who can provide references to the Dior Homme, so feel free to leave your experience under my comment.

Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 8 months ago
Bright, beautiful iris with woody, resinous undertones. Very safe, comforting, and perfectly unisex fragrance. Great for daily and office.
KimJongKimJong 12 months ago
There is a funeral atmosphere but it is sweet and elegant. It would have been much better if the sillage was wider.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
Bois d'Argent is like a breeze quietly flowing thru a hazy silver birches dale at night. Ascetic incensed leather, and soft honeyed vanilla.
LockonLockon 3 years ago
Earthy resin...
HermeshHermesh 5 years ago
Wood appears light (becaus of iris) and illuminated by sunlight.

by IrisNobile
... tief im Silberwald  ......
by Flanker
by Splashfrag12
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior