Bois d'Argent 2004

Bois d'Argent by Dior
Bottle Design Hedi Slimane
Bois d'Argent is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2004. The scent is woody-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation
Scent goes well with Escentric 01

Annick Ménardo

Top Notes Top NotesYemenite frankincenseYemenite frankincense
Heart Notes Heart NotesSomalian myrrhSomalian myrrh
Indonesian patchouliIndonesian patchouli
Florentine iris absoluteFlorentine iris absolute
Base Notes Base NotesAmberAmber
Woody notesWoody notes
HoneyHoney
LeatherLeather
White muskWhite musk

Submitted by Sani, last update on 28.09.2021.

ObviousNinja
Liquid gold flows down the collar
Like some of the previous speakers, I became aware of this fragrance through various musicians.

Since I do not tend to blind purchases in this price segment, I ordered a sample here in the Souk. A few days later, I also already had my sample in hand.

The first spray was almost unspectacular ... that should be it now?!
No "love at first smell", so much is certain - however, in Bois d'Argent of Dior is clearly more depth than one may probably first recognize.

A few weeks after I had used up my sample, the purchase of the 125ml bottle was actually inevitable - I actually fell in love with the perfume.
Unfortunately, I can not explain why the association of the "liquid gold" always comes into my head.

In my opinion, I perceive Bois d'Argent by Dior significantly closer to the body than all the others.
Sometimes you could describe it as an "invisible scarf" - which probably also has to do with the sillage.

Hardly has one put on the "invisible scarf", so you feel warm and secure.
Clearly Dior
What can I say - Bois d'Argent is not only a pleaser, all-rounder, compliment-getter, it has now become part of myself.

With a friend I was allowed to try this fragrance and was initially not exuberantly enthusiastic.
Sure - Dior Privée actually always convinces with quality and durability - that can also be seen at the First Riecher. But really much has not said to me the fragrance at the beginning. Nevertheless, I soukte me 20ml and have learned to love him over time. Very learned to love.

The incense start is nothing unusual, nothing new, it's kept rather soft and doesn't pop you in the face like you're an altar boy standing next to the priest. That's already a big plus, because incense also likes to tarnish.
The composition, which arises after just under half an hour, is for me the most pleasant, most relaxing and at the same time most refreshing mixture, which I have smelled in this constellation to date. You can clearly detect the powdery Dior DNA here, which the house mostly realizes through iris (but missing from the pyramid?!). This mixed with fresh musk, a little amber and light woody notes makes for a stylish combination, subtle, not overbearing, tasteful and at the same time understated. This is probably what everyone means by "he smells like money". I didn't notice any mediocre sillage. People around me definitely noticed him from time to time. I think he is also not to impose himself at all large.

He has a very personal meaning to me. I met him at a time when I needed to mature. And it is a really mature fragrance.
The bottle is on the way :)
Susan
A little disappointing .....
You should definitely like frankincense. Myrrh too. The iris, which I also perceive clearly at first, quickly becomes background and remains perceptible only as a gentle pudrigkeit.....

Certainly, the listed patchouli also contributes in some way to the overall impression.....but for me it is not explicitly recognizable.....and also the leather flashes only for a brief moment and withdraws quite quickly back into hiding......probably to where the woody notes are already hiding from my nose......last are namely also quite discreet......which comes to me personally now again a little bit.......

In general, this fragrance seems to weaken amazingly quickly.....

After about 30-40 minutes, nothing remains but a hint of delicate powdery amber-honey sweetness with a bit of musk.....

Now this is not bad, but just a little disappointing....
Ischgelroi
I can not understand the hype
I bought Bois d'Argent blind about a year ago because I was kind of blinded by the hype around the perfume, and also kind of convinced myself that the scent was great. The whole thing ended up with me selling Bois d'Argent and keeping a small bottling. I think if you know that I ordered 250 ml blind at the time, you're right to ask yourself how stupid can you be. I have now tested Bois d'Argent again on Sunday and also made notes about it, because with such a hyped fragrance I just wanted to be prepared for my review, but now to Bois d'Argent itself. I'm sad to say that I just kind of smell a sweet powdery cloud of frankincense, myrrh, iris and amber here, unfortunately I don't smell anything at all from all the other notes, which really disappointed me a lot because I just expected more wood and smoke, but I got a powder cloud, which just almost knocks me out, which unfortunately is not nice at all in my opinion and has nothing at all to do with the smell of money, at most maybe if the bills have lain for a year in the make up department, unfortunately Bois d'Argent was also too feminine for me, I just couldn't imagine the scent on me. The next problem for me was the almost non-existent silage. Bois d'Argent can actually only be smelled by the wearer, which I personally don't find that great, but in my experience this problem exists with most Christian Dior fragrances, but with Bois d'Argent this problem is particularly pronounced, unfortunately the whole Christian Dior range so far hasn't really been able to convince me. Bois d'Argent is for me unfortunately a typical hype object, which could not convince me at all.
"Silverwood" - The name says it all
First of all, I do not know exactly what to say about this fragrance. I do not know yet whether I like it now or not. But first of all, I have ordered a filling and sprayed directly times on the arm. Now what do I smell ... One notices as the very first how softly powdery this fragrance is nevertheless it wraps the skin which is very pleasant BUT in this regard there are of course point deductions with the sillage. I smell the iris out at the beginning, a somewhat powdery reminiscent of iris. After a few minutes, I perceive a very metallic "silver" note, which disturbs me ...?
I'm not sure. This is underpinned with woody leathery components again. The name "silver wood" is actually program here. I'm impressed how perfumers get such compositions, that's quite remarkable.
The question is now but ... I want to smell so??
I mean do not get me wrong the name "Bois d'Argent" is well taken and that is I think a masterpiece of perfumery art, but I'm not sure if I really lies this kind of fragrance. Nevertheless, I will give it a chance and maybe it will grow on me.
The durability is above average but the sillage is rather weak, which is good because the fragrance would otherwise be much too heavy and would cause headaches.
A blind purchase I would therefore not recommend but a test recommendation there is from me all the time.
Christian Dior - Bois d'overhyped
Die-hard lovers of this fragrance better skip this comment here.

I've heard a lot of good things about this fragrance, and it's also mentioned and adored in several music lyrics.
Accordingly, I tested this fragrance. "Can only be good" I thought to myself. From the fragrances of Christian Dior I am a fan anyway.

Said done. Sprayed on and my first thought was: What should be so special now?

The minutes passed, the top note disappeared, the first thought remained.

My second thought: the fragrance DNA somehow doesn't match the rest of the Christian Dior line. In hindsight, I think it's because Bois d'argent is the only fragrance in the Privé line that wasn't made by perfumer François Demachy.

The bottom line is that I am disappointed with this fragrance. He does not smell bad, but he smells no better than a 08/15 designer perfume for 40-60€.

Durability and sillage are average.
The bottle of Dior is a 10 out of 10.
The price is completely overpriced
It smells like money...
Yes I admit, I got this scent as a result of a hip-hop track by a well-known German rapper. I also admit that I bought this scent Blind and now I can already see the people behind the screen dropping their cups.

If I now say that I liked this scent after the second, third spray, they will declare me crazy. Yes it was love on the second sprayer and for so much money.

Well, the rest is history... a love story. The fragrance is unique and beautiful, it fits like a white shirt and gives me everything I need. Incense, patchouli, woods and much more, everything I love about a fragrance. It's also true that the fragrance development BdA somehow makes you smell of banknotes, beautiful old banknotes that tell a story, where they were, who spent them... but I'm rambling again
The fragrance is plodding, silky, woody and so much more. The durability is great and I can smell the scent on my clothes later. But the silage is and I must honestly say that, really weak. It is hardly noticeable for others but it doesn't have to be, it's mine alone and that's all that counts...
DerDefcon
Do not be afraid of durability and sillage.
"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that is heavily discussed in this community, not in terms of fragrance DNA and its perfection - there is broad agreement here - but rather in terms of durability and sillage. I will describe my experiences, which might be contrary to many a comment or statement.

"Bois d'Argent" is a fragrance that does not undergo much development, which the complex pyramid would suggest. I detect a mixture of brightly flashing iris, frankincense, honey and subtly spicy myrrh. Dior's bestseller smells to me like dry wood thrown into a haystack. Others associate it with attics, barns and similarly scented images.
Now it is often said that "Bois d'Argent" has a poor durability and can only be heard at close range. At least on my skin this expresses itself differently.
The silverwood is sprayed in the morning, around 7.00 o'clock. Then it is time to go to school, observe, teach, exchange ideas with the mentors. During this time "Bois d'Argent" regularly blows around me, is there and then not, only to flash up again sometime. I was not addressed by the scent and I don't expect that. However, I think that the surroundings also have something of it. After all, he blows me around the whole working day, which suggests more than just a very close silage. It's certainly not massive and that's a good thing, as a room-flooding character would completely contradict the airy, elegantly designed scent DNA. And even if the scent DNA may smell of luxury, elegance and somehow also wealth, it is still wearable in a casual way and does not seem out of place anywhere. You don't need a suit or a shirt, at most long trousers, well-groomed shoes and a simple, plain-coloured T-shirt. Then this signature-scented masterpiece is an ideal companion for the day, which is not able to cause a nuisance in any situation and which actually cannot be "sprayed over". In any case, I do not regret having tested it, even though I already know "Bois d'Iris" and classify it as a very good fragrance. But "Bois d'Argent" is even better, even more beautiful, simply perfect.

Very pale silver
This refers to what is available in 2020, so it might have very little or nothing at all to do with a previous edition. My nose detects a woody, slightly spicy scent, very mild and therefore easy to wear anytime. There is a slight powdery aftertaste, so to speak. Iris? Perhaps. Incense? Perhaps. Would I invest in it at current prices? Probably not. (It reminds me of Bvlgari Man Black Orient and Memo Shams Oud.)
I smell money
Just like the Tom Ford Oud Wood I was allowed to get to know this scent thanks to the rapper Shindy. In his song Raffaelo Shindy raps " the whole room smells of money thanks to my Bois d'Argent". Since Shindy is not only musically but also in fashion and fragrances quite my taste I ordered a bottling and what can I say: Bois d'Argent really smells like money. After spraying it on, I was directly promoted to my apprenticeship at the bank. It actually smells like a fresh bundle of banknotes.

The individual notes are therefore difficult to recognize at the beginning. With time you will notice quite clearly a pleasant iris. This is slightly underlined by very dry and mild wood notes. With time the iris becomes softer and the woody notes come to the fore, but still the iris is clearly perceptible. Now the fragrance doesn't change over its entire duration, only every now and then a cloud rises into the nose, reminding us of the notes from the beginning.

Altogether I perceive the smell myself for 8 hours, only my environment does not smell it at all. It is so close that even my girlfriend has to get very close to smell it.

When applied, the fragrance looks very masculine, but on the test strip a powdery note, familiar from the original Dior Homme, dominates only more strongly. On the test strip, I would even say that it is a feminine scent.

Even though it is a nice scent, it is not enough for a whole bottle. Too unspectacular and for me somehow difficult to classify by the occasion and season. Nevertheless, Shindy proves its good taste like Oud Wood once again.

GoldGoddessGoldGoddess 7 months ago
Dry, aromatic wood, sauna-like smell. Very relaxing, almost spiritual, non-offensive fragrance, nice!
Jazzy76Jazzy76 7 months ago
Just like a walk in a wood in wintertime.A "spiritual" scent , very refined.
GreMuserGreMuser 8 months ago
Overall a solid fall/winter fragrance, but so monolithic that could quickly became boring. And a lot of people wears it, so, not so unique.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Bright, beautiful iris with woody, resinous undertones. Very safe, comforting, and perfectly unisex fragrance. Great for daily and office.
KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
There is a funeral atmosphere but it is sweet and elegant. It would have been much better if the sillage was wider.
ElysiumElysium 3 years ago
Bois d'Argent is like a breeze quietly flowing thru a hazy silver birches dale at night. Ascetic incensed leather, and soft honeyed vanilla.
LockonLockon 4 years ago
Earthy resin...
HermeshHermesh 6 years ago
Wood appears light (becaus of iris) and illuminated by sunlight.

by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by IrisNobile
... tief im Silberwald  ......
by Flanker
by Splashfrag12
by Altona
by Altona

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior