Leather Oud 2010

Leather Oud by Dior
Leather Oud is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2010. The scent is leathery-animal. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

AmberAmber Balsam tree BeeswaxBeeswax BirchBirch CloveClove CardamomCardamom LabdanumLabdanum LeatherLeather OudOud PatchouliPatchouli SandalwoodSandalwood VetiverVetiver CedarCedar CivetCivet

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.05.2022.

Leather Oud Dior
Leather Oud by Dior

This is a unique fragrance by Dior. For me, I don’t get much of the top note Bergamot as it jumps right into the heart notes which are easy to distinguish; clove, cardamon, Jasmine, and geranium. In the base notes it has somewhat of a peculiar note which grows on you after repeated samplings—it’s the note of beach sand (this is what makes it so unique I think). I love Agarwood. This one is great too, along with leather, smoke, and Amberwood. I have to admit at first smelling from the sample vial, I wasn’t sure if I liked it. But as you know, never judge a scent from a vial or bottle.

ON the dry down: the cardamom and clove really start to warm and become less medicinal. I think I smell a little Bergamot now which makes it fresher, cleaner. I’ve heard people say this scent is rough one. Maybe a little in the beginning-but only for about 10-15 minutes. It’s totally friendly. So, if you try it, let it wear on your skin a few minutes before throwing in the towel. It does change scent quickly and dries down beautifully. I would say it’s a little classy, masculine (not overly), and bit animalic-very little in my opinion. I can see it being versatile for many occasions. The longevity is good. It becomes extremely sexy the longer it wears on your skin. Positively good!
What is that?!
...I thought to myself when I sprayed the light brown liquid on my arm. Honestly, I'm still relatively new to the oud world ( fragrances like Oud Noir I count only conditionally, since they will not contain real oud ), but the really surprised me. And in the first moment really not positive, it stinks like manure, especially when you smell the sprayed spot. Since I like to test fragrances with my brother, since he has no idea of the perfume world and thus completely neutral sowas can evaluate, he was allowed to smell it. According to him riechts shortly afterm spraying after cow dung, I understand. 10 minutes later he comes into the room and says that it smells much better now, and I agree. The scent smells really not pleasant directly on the skin especially in the opening, but in the air it doesn't smell nearly as harsh as you would think, in the room you can smell a woody leather note, still slightly animalic, but just slightly ( thankfully ). After half an hour, the "fragrance cloud" is already quite pleasant, the forearm still net to sniff, and he will only after an hour. Definitely something new, you really do not smell every day and in a Douglas you will not find something like this ( unless I missed something :).

H/S: 8&9/10
The durability is very good, the fragrance lasts a long time on the skin, without noticeably weakening ( except for the animalic part, which weakens on my skin after about an hour ). Really worth mentioning here, however, is the sillage, you fill pretty easy small rooms and is definitely noticed, so who likes attention will not come up short with this fragrance. H/S thus very good.

Flacon: 8/10
Very simple, minimalist almost, modern, tendency to boring. So I would describe the Dior bottle, I understand that there are lovers for this, after all, not everything has to look like the rather flashy Mugler creations. Magnetic lid and the exceptionally good Dior atomizer are of course nice to have, on the other hand, I would not really expect less at over 200 euros.

Wearability: 5/10
Definitely not a fragrance for everyone, almost exclusively masculine I would say, only for cold weather and special occasions, because in the office or at school this is a weapon. Would him because of the performance and the fragrance itself rather wear outside, in ( especially small ) rooms he quickly becomes annoying. PLEASE do not order blindly, unless you already have extensive experience with the scent, otherwise you could expect eime nasty surprise. Would I recommend rather carriers Ü30, I'm there estimated simply too young :D

Price: 7/10
That was for me the hardest part: the price. 220 euros are of course ne hefty sum, especially for me as a student is unaffordable and therefore difficult to evaluate, but I would say who likes such a kind of fragrance, it is worth the money. Because it smells special in any case, long also and one is noticed with it on definitely, there is no way around it, even with a sprayer one is anything but unauffälig. In addition, both bottle and perfume seems very high quality, synthetic elements are not really noticeable, I also get a headache net of it, as it is for example with His Majesty The Oud the case. Therefore award times cautiously ne 7/10.

Conclusion: 8/10
Very cool experience, again something new, should smell in my eyes everyone times, even if you do not consider a purchase. I myself am unsure whether I could wear such a fragrance, but I appreciate the perfume and I would smell the someone he would ( or she, although that would really surprise me ) definitively get a compliment from me.
The stalk
Thin twigs and dry leaves crackled softly as one paw after the other carefully made its way through the undergrowth. She had already scented her prey, but there was still nothing to be seen of her. So the civet froze in its movement for a moment, stretching its head and apparently trying to interpret the direction from which it heard the scent. Resuming the scent, she pushed her lithe body past gleaming white birch and gnarled balsam and eaglewood trees. The representatives of the former two gave off an intense aromatic and balsamic scent, while the eaglewood trees gave off an almost animalistic aroma. From one of the trees, or more precisely from its crown, a subliminal humming and buzzing sounded, which grew louder with every step the civet cat took closer and swelled to a wild roar. Curious, the grey-brown spotted cat stopped below the tree and watched the spectacle that presented itself to her around the hive. The fat bees were too far away and too busy bringing the collected flower nectar to their burrow to care about the curious observer. Even from so far below, the delightful scent of beeswax was still distinct, causing the cat to sniff with interest. But after only a few moments, she lost all interest and went back to following her actual trail. However, the short pause in which she watched the spectacle of the bees had deprived the civet cat of her lunch. The trail had gone cold. However, she didn't realize the realization until a few steps later, when she had already passed numerous clove trees, cardamom and patchouli bushes. In a clearing, the stalking finally ended, as it was impossible to tell in which direction the prey had taken off. Disappointed, the civet cat drew a few last circles until it rubbed its fur once more against a cedar or sandalwood tree and, to bid farewell, relieved itself against the tree with its leg raised.

Fin.

Wayofscent
One of my favorites from the house!
Now frag community this one is for all leathery oriental and animalic oud fans out there!

It feels like a desert dream! From the dawn and cozyness of your warm tent behind big sand dunes to the night and the moon with limitless stars in the sky above you!

So profound, elegant, daring and vigorous! Lucid!

The most prominent notes here are my favorite animalic note-civet with birch, sandalwood and oud with also dry patchouli and bergamot in the warm woody heart. Just beautiful!

It lasted 7-8 hours on my skin with moderate to strong sillage.
MonsieurRoy
The most beautiful of Dior.
A masterpiece ! I've had it for over a year now (and now I've treated myself to the 250 ml) --- the scent is just awesome and wonderful, leathery, soft and ANIMAL at the same time. Not as hard and rough as Gucci`s Guilty Absolute or as British as Floris Leather Oud or edgy as Acqua die Parma`s Leather or Tom Ford. Not as French as Guerlain`s Cuir intense either (although that one is nice too) . But this thing is different. Dior`s Leather Oud is --- ELEGANT --- soft, round, SEXY and ANIMALIC at the same time - Civet Age.... Civet.... --- I wear this when I'm on the prowl and on the hunt and then wake up in the morning somewhere maybe in the city with three people in a strange bed. But with whom? With her or maybe even with him ? ---- No matter ;-) Pheromones and pure lust. Great cinema and for me a fragrance of the century. ---------Merci Monsieur Francois Demachy ;-))))
Have courage!
...with a DIOR fragrance? Oh yes! Because this one is one with power, independence and courage. But from the front:

The first time I smelled the bottling, I was still a little unsure. Because for me is to be perceived next to the leather mainly the civet note. Also the oud contributes to a subtle animalic note. After I tried the fragrance several times and gave it time, I decided to buy a full bottle. Because - I take that times in advance - it is here in my eyes about the best "Maison Christian Dior" fragrance!

With the flacon I am two-split. On the one hand, I like it somehow, it looks classy, modern and simple - with a tendency to boring. The cap also looks nice and is magnetic. The entire presentation with a DIOR box, a fragrance miniature (from the designer line of Dior) as well as several samples, on the other hand, convinced entirely.

The most important thing - you guessed it - is the fragrance! This is as already mentioned in the first Eidruck bold and daring. Because while other designers "Prive" lines combine their Oud with rose or saffron and more or less boring, generic Oud fragrances bring to the market, DIOR has ventured with this fragrance in the animalic direction. Mainly responsible for this seems to me the civet note, which plays next to the players oud and leather the biggest appearance in the fragrance.
The opening strikes me as intensely leathery with a slightly spicy oud note. The civet also contributes to making the fragrance start off exceedingly unique. As the fragrance progresses it seems more linear, however the civet note fades into the background a bit for me, but remains present throughout the course. In the last breaths, before the drydown disappears, one might suspect to sense a slight musty note. However, this does not interfere and is not very intrusive.

The fragrance character certainly already suggests that the application possibilities seem rather limited. So I would use it if at all low doses in closed rooms. Because The performance is overwhelming - more about that later. The only enclosed spaces that seem made for the fragrance are clubs, bars and other institutions where you want to stand out. In short, understatement is not the fragrance's greatest strength, but if you want to stand out and are looking for a fragrance for "Ausgehe situations", then this is a great candidate.

The performance is the last chapter but no less exciting and impressive: because DIOR Heather Oud lasts on my skin 12-14 hours and has a more than present projection. So be careful not to overdo it with the sprays.

Verdict: So if you want a fragrance that is unique and amazingly special for a designer, you should sample this one and give it a try. I for my part speak in any case a clear purchase recommendation and say: Go ahead courage, because this is the best Christian Dior fragrance for me!
...And the Circus Leaves Town
A Kyuss memory trophy from a user has to be in there just for the headline, right? Fishing for Parfumo trophies in its worst way.

Leather Oud had aroused my interest through numerous comments. Some verse, some praise songs and a little something in between. The scent polarizes. I like that.

The filling is therefore preserved and, as a precaution, only sprayed onto a test strip on the balcony. One should be careful with the fragrance, they said. Then came the first shock. It actually smells quite spicy in the opening, but not unpleasant at all. Then I smelled cinnamon. And suddenly the scent gets its animalistic side, of which many people have written here. Yes, it smells a bit like a horse's saddle. And the scent has a nice portion of taste, too. No disco guy who's ever bathed in a million wears that.

But I certainly don't associate these animal accents with faeces. It doesn't smell like urine or other excrements to me. This is simply a very spicy leather scent with a distinctly animal note. And therefore it also radiates a very pleasant warmth.

Anyway, I could imagine this scent perfectly on John Garcia. Somewhere in a deserted ghost town on a tour bus. And then the circus leaves town.

Masterpiece
Stinky? Urinous? Fecal? Not really. Challenging? Absolutely! Hard to carry, that's how it is sometimes with works of art. For a while now, I've been calling the scent my own. If the bottlings probably would have lasted until the end of my life, at least a 40ml bottle would have been necessary, just as a matter of principle.
A beautiful birch tar-smoky leather scent with the right dose of salty animalism. When I spray it on, a slightly moronic grin comes over me It performs particularly well at cool temperatures in the single-digit range.
I hardly wear it in real life. I don't think it's right for the office. Maybe an outdoor scent. For the winter hike. Or just to enjoy at home. You don't need practical justification to own Leather Oud
Old Finn..
Crass number this fragrance.
This has the following phenomenon:
You either like him or you don't.
What does he smell like?
On the one hand after a cowboy on a horse in the south of the USA, Texas and at the same time somehow after a burnt cow.
On the other hand, however, this scent smells like urine, which will definitely be due to the civet.
In my opinion exactly these three fragrances or thoughts about this fragrance dominate.
For me personally just too much and after three testers over

Mesmerising!
I am absolutely mesmerised by this perfume. One of the best oud and leather combinations! Quite distinctive and effective. It slightly reminds me of Zegna's Peruvian Ambrette. Quite discreet and long-lasting at the same time. The ideal scent of elegance and affluence!

JavijabsJavijabs 1 year ago
Leather Oud + Kouros vintage: the ultimate animalic experience.
BoBoChampBoBoChamp 2 years ago
Initially slightly animalic spicy-floral, this smoky, yet dusty spicy-leathery Mid season fragrance settles to a dry resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 2 years ago
Oud ispahan with less rose and more leather ! Quite sexy and not that much animalistic as often stated ; there is a powdery note.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 6 years ago
Strong poopy oud not for the faint hearted.

by Jaromil
by DeVitoHH
by DavidBn
by DavidBn

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior