Leather Oud 2010

Leather Oud by Dior
Leather Oud is a perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2010. The scent is leathery-animal. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Amber, Balsam tree, Beeswax, Birch, Clove, Cardamom, Labdanum, Leather, Oud, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vetiver, Cedar, Civet

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 20.10.2020.

Masterpiece
Stinky? Urinous? Fecal? Not really. Challenging? Absolutely! Hard to carry, that's how it is sometimes with works of art. For a while now, I've been calling the scent my own. If the bottlings probably would have lasted until the end of my life, at least a 40ml bottle would have been necessary, just as a matter of principle.
A beautiful birch tar-smoky leather scent with the right dose of salty animalism. When I spray it on, a slightly moronic grin comes over me It performs particularly well at cool temperatures in the single-digit range.
I hardly wear it in real life. I don't think it's right for the office. Maybe an outdoor scent. For the winter hike. Or just to enjoy at home. You don't need practical justification to own Leather Oud
Old Finn..
Crass number this fragrance.
This has the following phenomenon:
You either like him or you don't.
What does he smell like?
On the one hand after a cowboy on a horse in the south of the USA, Texas and at the same time somehow after a burnt cow.
On the other hand, however, this scent smells like urine, which will definitely be due to the civet.
In my opinion exactly these three fragrances or thoughts about this fragrance dominate.
For me personally just too much and after three testers over

Mesmerising!
I am absolutely mesmerised by this perfume. One of the best oud and leather combinations! Quite distinctive and effective. It slightly reminds me of Zegna's Peruvian Ambrette. Quite discreet and long-lasting at the same time. The ideal scent of elegance and affluence!
DarkWinterCS
Who dances with the horse
So really rarely do I lack a thought of a fragrance or the right description. It is much rarer that a scent catapults me out of my armchair. But one of them did it and left me partly speechless. Leather Oud from Dior. A scent that you have to have experienced, that is as extreme as hardly any other.
Bois D'Argent and Ambre Nuit, on the other hand, seem like a mild breeze (which is appropriate due to their poor durability). Everything is extreme about Leather Oud, whether durability, silage or DNA. I also can hardly explain how such a differentiated scent made it into the otherwise rather shallow scent line of Dior.

You can already guess from the comments and statements in which direction the fragrance is developing, but I was surprised again how intense and different this fragrance comes across. Completely different league leather, completely different league animal spice. Even as a lover of the Civet of Zoologist I had to struggle with the first perception.

The start is already quite violently determined by cardamom and spicy woods. Cardamom is now not indefinitely one of my favourite scents in fragrances, but it could still hold out. Light leather notes, animal civet and clove are added to give the fragrance its character. Virtue really is the leathery animalism, as demanding as one can imagine. Inevitably the association comes to mind where you think you are saddling a horse, especially in the stables. Here and there a few horse droppings lie around. That's the way it smells. Bit by bit the DNA becomes a little bit softer, a little bit more supple, but does not move away from the DNA
Do you want to have this as a scent or sniff it ?

That will probably be the decisive question with this fragrance. As good as I like this extraordinary fragrance I have to say NO for me personally. Not because I do not want to sniff it, but because I would not find a suitable situation to wear this fragrance. If I would wear it, then only in cold temperatures and only spray it on my wrists. For the neck and neck region the fragrance is much too intense and persistent for me personally with its DNA.

Speaking of endurance, performance-wise the fragrance is an absolute statement. Already from the durability it overages 95 % of all fragrances while standing. We're talking about twelve hours on the skin, which it can easily hold. Even after a shower, the fragrance sticks and only appears in a weakened version. I would wear it only on the wrists because of the silage, because it radiates so much and lets its surroundings be immersed in a cloud. So for the money it is not at all disturbing and is definitely worth it.

Whoever is looking for something fierce, with a lot of leather, animalism and spice will find it. For me it is unfortunately a bit over the top and therefore not very wearable. Maybe when you are on the road for a day or alone at home
2020Antiope
Leather armchair, library, cigar, old port - and Leather Oud from Dior!
This fragrance belongs in Adventure Land, worn only by bold warriors with three-day beards and leather hats! As a woman, I am allowed to dream a little of the "real guys" who have impersonated various adventure movies with actors like Clive Owen and Hugh Jackman in our days, Burt Lancaster and Kirk Douglas from classic Hollywood times. A highly masculine fragrance and perfectly suited to be remembered by the ladies, because such fine, strong and intense wood and leather nuances so skilfully combined, will not go unnoticed by the ladies!
Chizza
Nice thought but just thought
Leather scents by designers are often such a thing, since they are designed for the masses and are therefore often toothless, generic and simple. The only designer scent in leather that convinces me is Gucci Guilty Absolute, many others can't do the theme, can't manage the degree between mass and intensive leather. Now then Dior. Dior, a company that can't offer me much, except for Fahrenheit, which admittedly hasn't created this fragrance in the upper price segment for the normal clientele.
What has now been mixed here could cause storms of jubilation in the niche, at least with a pure look at the ingredients. Leather, oud and civet, that sounds strong. Cardamom rounds off the experience and reminds here and there of London by Tom Ford. Now, despite the best ingredients, a fragrance must always be well balanced, because with impetuous ingredients that are used without measure, it can quickly go in the wrong direction. This is what it does here, as I would now like to explain.
First of all, a torrent of cardamom flows towards the nose. Spicy, very intense, with London touches, but more one-dimensional because it is completely cardamom-heavy and dense. That's something you'll appreciate if you have a weakness for this kind of scent. Sublim now resonates with classic leather, which is clearly marked by beeswax. This makes the fragrance look a bit marzipan-like, and the leather is difficult to handle in this combination.
Fortunately, this is not permanent, so the leather gradually becomes heavier and coarser as the beeswax recedes. This is massively supported by the civet, because it is more animalistic. Now, however, it must be noted that this has been greatly reduced. This will please those who are not able to deal with extreme niche or indie. But there is the crucial question how to keep it otherwise with the fragrance.
The oud seems to me synthetic, European, toothless. It resonates, you can see it, but that's about it. Here the question arises what was the purpose of the use of the oud. In theory it was successful, practically unbalanced and hardly thought through.
For me, Leather Oud is a good idea in the beginning, but then again it is an example of fear of one's own courage. Oud does not come through reasonably, the civet seems tame and the leather smells rough after one or two hours but then also subordinate. Once it is the centre of attention, it seems uninspired. In the end we get a castrated scent that has potential but has not been consistently implemented. Presumably due to the clientele, I dare say.
So Leather Oud is a strong fragrance, but intensity is not synonymous with leveling or balance.
Violent, violent!
During my last visit to the Dior-Boutique in Munich I found this little darling.
Of all the scents from La Collection Privée, I like Ambre Nuit even better, I'd like to say beforehand.

What struck me about the fragrances in the above collection is the fact that, in my opinion, really high-quality raw materials are used here.
An authentic Aoud I met until today only in the "The Night" created by Dominique Ropion for Éditions Malle, which costs a proud 1100€ for 100ml... and almost strangled my girlfriend. Well, I can't really blame her either since it's a damn grenade!

For my nose, leather oud patchouli and civet are most present here, but with time the leather takes a back seat and lets resinous woody notes enter the stage.

The Sillage is really extreme. For your understanding: Two hours ago I got 1! Drops made on the wrist and a roommate who came in to the door smelled it at a distance of 5 meters immediately.
Admittedly, he has a fine nose but nevertheless I find this amazing.

In the drydown it reminds me a bit of Oud 27 by Le Labo, only without these slightly fruity notes, whereas the dior appears much higher quality.

Everyone who likes authentic, a little animalistic Aoud should try it out, not to mention Lack&Leder fans!

Fulminate of Mercury
Don't know why I put that as a title. I think it was just a bit of word-association - the first thought that comes to mind on considering this 'fume. It might indeed be the demiurge Mercury's fulminate; or it might be that the potency of fulminate of mercury in ^its^ department is a parallel of the potency of this 'fume in ^its^; or it may be that "what the fulminate of mercury ... " is what I exclaimed when I first intraspired at this 'fume, it being an expression I have gotten into the habit of using in polite company as a substitute for something else!

Yes indeed it's quite a shocker, this one - one of the great beast-funky-skanky-skatty envelope-pushers.

And here cometh the veritably 'nevitable quetchin: does ^this^ one contain real oud?? You know, I don't really care all that much anymore - sometimes wish I'd never heard of the stuff, and that I knew of it only as a note!

So, let it be understood that when I mention ~oud~ here, I'm speaking of the ^note^. And the same applies to ~civet~, by the way.

It was a pretty bold stroke, combining oud & civet. A combination that ^does^ indeed °beg° to be implemented; but it's a bold stroke nontheless. Guaranteed fan-base - & I, for one, am in!

Bit of birch-tar as well, eh? Mmmmmm! Lovely! Are we to speak of that strictly as a °note° also?

Sex in a Bottle
Sexy stuff, sultry leather with Civet/Musk and Oud, Cardamom plays a lot in very little character. Don't wanna go into note details anymore but honestly wish to praise the Perfumer for this awesome blending especially dealing with Civet is not just everybody's thing.

Not an everyday scent, it could be worn in some very special occasions and believe me it will register your presence among hundreds of others Niche or branded top notches. Potent, Dark and very attractive masculine.

Awesome

Don't bother to try if you are in, one millions or Blues and Aquas.

BoBoChampBoBoChamp 33 days ago
Initially slightly animalic spicy-floral, this smoky, yet dusty spicy-leathery Mid season fragrance settles to a dry resinous-woody base.
AldestAldest 84 days ago
Oud ispahan with less rose and more leather ! Quite sexy and not that much animalistic as often stated ; there is a powdery note.
ScentedSalonScentedSalon 5 years ago
Strong poopy oud not for the faint hearted.

by Jaromil
by Ch053n0n3
by BoBoChamp
by BoBoChamp

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior