Mitzah 2010

Mitzah by Dior
Bottle Design Hedi Slimane
8.1 / 10 209 Ratings
Mitzah is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Main accords

Spicy
Oriental
Sweet
Resinous
Smoky

SpicesSpices HoneyHoney CorianderCoriander LabdanumLabdanum PatchouliPatchouli RoseRose FrankincenseFrankincense CinnamonCinnamon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 24.01.2023.

7 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Top Review 14
The scent of a muse
Hallöchen :)

Today I come to a Dior Privée fragrance, namely to Mitzah. Now one could ask oneself first of all, what this somewhat strange sounding name should be or mean, if one has never heard it before. Well... Mitzah, or more precisely Mitzah Bricard, was one of the most influential women in Christian Dior's life. She became his source of inspiration, so she was his muse who, among other things, was responsible for the fragrance "Miss Dior".

Well, and since Christian Dior thought a lot of this woman, he named one of the fragrances after her, which has also become a women's fragrance instead of being unisex like most of the fragrances in this series. Which is good, otherwise this fragrance would have been one of those fragrances I could have smelled when a salesman wanted to show me the Dior Privée fragrances. What would have been so bad about it, if I had sniffed at it, you wonder now?

Well,... he sprayed himself the most different smells from this row SELF on, and I should smell to him these smells times... and well,... I sniff so GAR NOT GERNE at other guys, aaaargh!!!
Quite different than when I can snoop around with you women... uh... well... :DD
And quite apart from that I want to try a fragrance also rather on myself :D

Anyway, I'll start with the fragrance description!

The fragrance:
I smell resinous incense at the beginning, lots of patchouli, sweety-spicy notes that I think might come from labdanum and honey, and light roses.
A little later the fragrance becomes more spicy and also appears a little drier. There are still sweet notes of honey, now also a little cinnamon and still earthy patchouli. For me, the mentioned dryness looks a bit like straw flowers, at least a little. However, the dry note does not last that long, as the resinous notes soon radiate more strongly again and thus make the fragrance airier, but also softer.
Oh, yes, I haven't seen coriander yet. Of course I think it's all too good, but fans of this devil's weed might be disappointed easily :D
The sweetness of the fragrance later smells more and more like amber, because the sweetish fragrance loses a little of its spice and becomes "lighter", although the fragrance itself remains spicy, argh, that's a bit difficult to describe and I hope you understand what I mean. These spicy notes combine with the incense to create a great fragrance that smells super with the amber. And a pinch of roses. In my opinion, amber is the strongest scent in the later base, the spicy notes gradually fade away, but the resinous scents remain, so that the scent remains soft and somehow even creamy at the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, one (or actually woman!) is wrapped in a nice scent cloud and radiates the scent well, so that it can easily be sniffed at by many without having to get very close.
The shelf life is also very good, as the fragrance smells good from morning to evening. Twelve to fourteen hours is easy in there.

The bottle:
Oh, yeah, the bottle. My opinion about the flacons of this fragrance series is probably less liked by most of you. Of course, the flacons are incredibly high-quality, no question about it, but they are simply too purist for me... The flacons are simply cylindrical, which is okay. But especially the label, which is just white and shows the fragrance name without any frills and doesn't even have a frame or anything, seems ZU simple to me, almost as if the bottle was an oversized sample tube and you printed the fragrance name yourself and stuck it on... well... The lid is at least magnetic and shows the Dior logo on the upper side. So everything is still just so okay, but for me there are much more beautiful flacons, even under the exclusive fragrances of a brand (such as Armani!).

Soo, the scent has become quite nice. Well, actually more than quite nice, because especially later he smells great. At the beginning it is a bit too patchouli-heavy for me personally, but then it becomes softer, spicier-sweeter and smells really great.

It has something oriental-elegant about it, and in my opinion it is especially suitable for going out in the evening, preferably on cooler autumn days or in winter. It also has something mature about it (at least in the beginning), but without appearing old-fashioned. A test would be worthwhile in any case, but as I said, you would have to let the scent work for a little while before you judge it, as it smells much better later than it did at the beginning.

And try to spray the scent on yourself while trying it, otherwise you have to sniff like me at a strange salesman, who is very enthusiastic about the scents himself and who sprays them on constantly, so that the scents all mix, because they are layered... :DD

With that I am finished for today and wish you all a nice evening :)
Top Review 18
Her only reason for living is elegance
Christian Dior famously loved all women and, as a shy person, was very loyal: he did not like getting used to strangers and liked to keep good friends close to him.
This explains why many of them became companions for years in the "Maison Christian Dior": as competent collaborators or else, like Mitzah Bricard later, as his so-called "last muse".
Originally, she was responsible for his hat collection. For Christian Dior, a "model" was incomplete without a hat.
He could spend hours looking for the right hat, while the appropriate mannequin had to stand by and pose according to his instructions

To Ms Bricard, the charming Monsieur Dior dedicated the saying I chose as a title.
She was born Germaine Louise Neustadt in Paris on November 12, 1900; her mother was English, her father Austrian.
She married twice: after the death of her first husband, a Roman diplomat, she chose the very wealthy Hubert Bricard as her second husband.
Even in her youth she was counted among the Parisian "demi monde"; later she was conspicuous for her fondness of leopard prints.
If she was not referred to as his "muse", she was called "Christian Dior's Leopardess".
She thus gave rise to Dior's 1947 summer collection in leopard print.

So it's no wonder that François Demanchy's fragrance, introduced in 2010, was named "Mitzah".
Although it is not known when and why this name came into being, this paid tribute to a "woman of divine chic and fascinating charisma", who made a very important contribution in the still young company.
(Meanwhile, a collection of perfumed "Mitzah" scarves also appeared.)

Light, translucent honey appears here as the carrier fragrance for all the oriental spice:
Coriander and cardamom marry with warm cinnamon aroma. They all unfold intensely and spicy, to prepare the way for the proud rose with its elegant fragrance personality.
Smoky and sensual now approaches the impressive base of this composition: flattering and earthy golden brown by patchouli, vanilla-warm and resinous, slightly scratching the senses as always, labdanum and a good dose of incense!
And of course, amber may not be missing; it wraps this sensual fragrance being with a fine veil: scented mystery - eternal woman!

Pleasantly long-lasting is this creation; but it also needs warmth to unfold in full beauty.
I liked the spicy oriental fragrance composition from the beginning; it is very wearable.
After I took off my thick coat yesterday after a long and somewhat strenuous walk, probably the "real Leopardess" jumped out at me: full of sensual warmth and eroticism!
The fragrance flower had opened fully and ripe.

So "Mitzah" has two faces with me: that of an everyday woman, beautiful and a bit conformed; and that of a sensual woman who might reveal her secret!
Helpful Review 7
Toccata and Fugue in D Minor...
Spicy incense.
But in the best possible way
But let's start over.
I was an altar boy once.
And yet I hate the church and the worship service and am an atheist deep in my heart.
I have always been of the opinion that religion and the church are so outdated.
Fortunately, this scent does not remind me of the church in my village and of old pensioners who look grim and pray well every Sunday.

Rather, it transports me to the moments on vacation when my mother wanted to visit a church.
I just went along without really wanting to. But the buildings were always impressive and so filigree decorated.

This fragrance is not musty and also not pure incense.
It is rather like standing in a huge, handsome church, flanked by antique wooden benches and under your feet you feel the cool marble floor.
A man who looks like he's from the last century plays the organ:
"Toccata and Fugue in D minor"
It's dark at the front of the altar.
Then the priest steps forward and waves the glowing incense.
This mystique heats up the whole room And you are in the middle of it.
Very helpful Review 5
Beturbante Amazon
When I sniff this scent, a strange picture comes to my mind.
An Amazon wearing a turban on her head rides on a black horse with a waving, underneath swelling "hair tail" through sparsely overgrown landscapes.
Balsamic scents of frankincense, coriander, patchouli and spices escape from the bushes when touched while riding.
The "Amazone" is a somewhat austere, almost androgynous beauty that moves smoothly and powerfully on the saddle and adapts to the trotting in a dreamlike and safe way And she is not quite young either, around 50, despite some wrinkles in her tanned face she radiates YOUTH. Roses decorate her wide , comfortable robe.
On a leather band around her hips she carries a bag of cinnamon sticks with her.
She is not belligerent, only determined to defend herself in the event of a case. And she laughs heartily in a rough voice. She knows exactly what she wants and where she wants to go Into the land of heb oriental scents. She's almost there.
A new great love
Unfortunately, the production of Mitzah was discontinued, but on the site of Dior I was able to get hold of a large 250ml bottle at the end of last year. I admit that I bought it blindly because of the good reviews and the ingredients, and at first I had to get used to it.
In the meantime, I am very thankful that I bought the big bottle and every time I wear it, I fall in love with this fragrance all over again. Each time I wear it, I notice a new note. At the beginning the incense seems very strong, but as it progresses the scent becomes soft and cuddly. I feel really embraced and wrapped up in it, which is great for me at times of Corona and isolation. I myself notice it all day long and the longevity is unbeatable. The sillage, on the other hand, is a bit more muted. The scent is not overbearing to others and I really like that about it. It's perfectly enough for me to be able to perceive it well. Mitzah is a real cuddly scent and I hope that he remains with me for many years