Mitzah by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design Hedi Slimane

Mitzah is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2010. The scent is spicy-oriental. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Spices, Honey, Coriander, Labdanum, Patchouli, Rose, Frankincense, Cinnamon

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 06.12.2019.

8.0 10.0 9.0 9.0/10

Mitzah review and comparison
This particular review summarises this difficult to find Dior from the Prive Collection, but also outlines the differences with another favourite amber of mine. I hope you enjoy the video, thanks for watching

6.0 8.0 8.0 8.0/10

The scent of a muse
Hallöchen :)

Today I come to a Dior Privée fragrance, namely to Mitzah. Now one could ask oneself first of all, what this somewhat strange sounding name should be or mean, if one has never heard it before. Well... Mitzah, or more precisely Mitzah Bricard, was one of the most influential women in Christian Dior's life. She became his source of inspiration, so she was his muse who, among other things, was responsible for the fragrance "Miss Dior".

Well, and since Christian Dior thought a lot of this woman, he named one of the fragrances after her, which has also become a women's fragrance instead of being unisex like most of the fragrances in this series. Which is good, otherwise this fragrance would have been one of those fragrances I could have smelled when a salesman wanted to show me the Dior Privée fragrances. What would have been so bad about it, if I had sniffed at it, you wonder now?

Well,... he sprayed himself the most different smells from this row SELF on, and I should smell to him these smells times... and well,... I sniff so GAR NOT GERNE at other guys, aaaargh!!!
Quite different than when I can snoop around with you women... uh... well... :DD
And quite apart from that I want to try a fragrance also rather on myself :D

Anyway, I'll start with the fragrance description!

The fragrance:
I smell resinous incense at the beginning, lots of patchouli, sweety-spicy notes that I think might come from labdanum and honey, and light roses.
A little later the fragrance becomes more spicy and also appears a little drier. There are still sweet notes of honey, now also a little cinnamon and still earthy patchouli. For me, the mentioned dryness looks a bit like straw flowers, at least a little. However, the dry note does not last that long, as the resinous notes soon radiate more strongly again and thus make the fragrance airier, but also softer.
Oh, yes, I haven't seen coriander yet. Of course I think it's all too good, but fans of this devil's weed might be disappointed easily :D
The sweetness of the fragrance later smells more and more like amber, because the sweetish fragrance loses a little of its spice and becomes "lighter", although the fragrance itself remains spicy, argh, that's a bit difficult to describe and I hope you understand what I mean. These spicy notes combine with the incense to create a great fragrance that smells super with the amber. And a pinch of roses. In my opinion, amber is the strongest scent in the later base, the spicy notes gradually fade away, but the resinous scents remain, so that the scent remains soft and somehow even creamy at the end.

The Sillage and the shelf life:
The Sillage is quite good, one (or actually woman!) is wrapped in a nice scent cloud and radiates the scent well, so that it can easily be sniffed at by many without having to get very close.
The shelf life is also very good, as the fragrance smells good from morning to evening. Twelve to fourteen hours is easy in there.

The bottle:
Oh, yeah, the bottle. My opinion about the flacons of this fragrance series is probably less liked by most of you. Of course, the flacons are incredibly high-quality, no question about it, but they are simply too purist for me... The flacons are simply cylindrical, which is okay. But especially the label, which is just white and shows the fragrance name without any frills and doesn't even have a frame or anything, seems ZU simple to me, almost as if the bottle was an oversized sample tube and you printed the fragrance name yourself and stuck it on... well... The lid is at least magnetic and shows the Dior logo on the upper side. So everything is still just so okay, but for me there are much more beautiful flacons, even under the exclusive fragrances of a brand (such as Armani!).

Soo, the scent has become quite nice. Well, actually more than quite nice, because especially later he smells great. At the beginning it is a bit too patchouli-heavy for me personally, but then it becomes softer, spicier-sweeter and smells really great.

It has something oriental-elegant about it, and in my opinion it is especially suitable for going out in the evening, preferably on cooler autumn days or in winter. It also has something mature about it (at least in the beginning), but without appearing old-fashioned. A test would be worthwhile in any case, but as I said, you would have to let the scent work for a little while before you judge it, as it smells much better later than it did at the beginning.

And try to spray the scent on yourself while trying it, otherwise you have to sniff like me at a strange salesman, who is very enthusiastic about the scents himself and who sprays them on constantly, so that the scents all mix, because they are layered... :DD

With that I am finished for today and wish you all a nice evening :)
6.0 7.0 9.0 8.0/10

Beturbante Amazon
When I sniff this scent, a strange picture comes to my mind.
An Amazon wearing a turban on her head rides on a black horse with a waving, underneath swelling "hair tail" through sparsely overgrown landscapes.
Balsamic scents of frankincense, coriander, patchouli and spices escape from the bushes when touched while riding.
The "Amazone" is a somewhat austere, almost androgynous beauty that moves smoothly and powerfully on the saddle and adapts to the trotting in a dreamlike and safe way And she is not quite young either, around 50, despite some wrinkles in her tanned face she radiates YOUTH. Roses decorate her wide , comfortable robe.
On a leather band around her hips she carries a bag of cinnamon sticks with her.
She is not belligerent, only determined to defend herself in the event of a case. And she laughs heartily in a rough voice. She knows exactly what she wants and where she wants to go Into the land of heb oriental scents. She's almost there.
10.0 10.0 8.0/10

Please Pass the Jug My Way!
Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur MITZAH is a truly gorgeous incense perfume! All day while testing this perfume I was sniffing myself in delight and even considering the possibility of buying the large economy-size bottle.

Which brings me to a small digression and mini-rant: why are prestige house putting out jugs of juice? In this case, there can be no doubt that the juice in question is perfume--probably edp, to be more precise. MITZAH has great longevity and sillage. So why in the world would anyone of normal human body size need a 450ml vat? This trend we have seen chez Chanel and Guerlain, and I have to say that I don't comprehend it at all. The price per milliliter of these sometimes splendid creations is often less than that of low-brow chemical soup! But the consumer is expected to make a large volume commitment. So you cannot buy 1oz of MITZAH, though I do believe that 1oz would last a very long time.

That said, MITZAH, a sumptuous oriental featuring incense, honey, rose, labdanum and patchouli, among other notes, is breathtakingly beautiful. Please pass the jug my way!

by Jaromil
by Jaromil

Popular Dior / Christian Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior / Christian Dior Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior J'adore (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior / Christian Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Dune (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior / Christian Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior / Christian Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior / Christian Dior Pure Poison by Dior / Christian Dior Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior Dior Homme Sport (2012) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior