Vétiver 2010

Vétiver by Dior
Vétiver is a popular perfume by Dior for men and was released in 2010. The scent is green-spicy. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesSicilian grapefruit
Heart Notes Heart NotesRobusta coffee
Base Notes Base NotesHaitian vetiver

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 04.11.2020.

Original name
I was very lucky to be able to test and review this scent now that it appears to be discontinued. Dior's answer to Chanel's Sycomore perhaps? I hope you enjoy my take on this original prive collection scent, and thanks for watching.

MkCb
Hello Vetiver - I love you.
I have been looking for THE Vetiver scent for a long time. First I ended up at Encre Noire.
Although I've read a lot of negative things about this fragrance (dark, earthy, musty, old books,...), I actually thought that it smells quite ok - but one thing I've been thinking about, ISO E Super. My investigative research (I googled) confirmed my fear. Encre Noire consists of 55% ISO E Super. Since I'm not a big fan of the molecule (as long as you smell it as hard as Terre D'Hermes), I dropped Encre Noire like a hot potato and started looking for *my* vetiver scent.

It did not take long until Dior Vetiver was suggested to me. Nevertheless I tried myself through all my colleagues (but I still miss Ellie Saabs Vetiver).
After a long time there was the possibility of a sharing participation (thanks to Bajki).
My first reaction was, "Damn! I only bought 20ml."

It's fantastic.
Where the Vetiver competitors usually bury (earthy-green) Vetiver under citric notes, here it is the other way round.
Lightly earthy vetiver with dry, non-sweet coffee beans, with a grapefruit note in the background, which NEVER covers the vetiver, but at most has a supportive effect.
It's like discovering a new type of coffee (quote: DonJuanDeCat). He's right.
Dior Vetiver is a pleasing, incredibly beautiful fragrance, and by far the most beautiful vetiver fragrance I know of.

I don't think there is one. What you smell in the first 20 seconds stays. Speaking of staying! The performance isn't from bad parents either. 8h durability and a good Sillage is with me in it. Meaning Dior Vetiver plays tango between "A fragrance just for me" and "BAM!!! HAAAALLLOOOOO HERE AM I!!!!11!".

But now there is still a big point of criticism:
How did Dior get the idea to sell this wonderful fragrance only in Paris AND (allegedly) stop it? Which clever marketing foxes are there again at work?
Well, there's nothing I can do about that - just whine.

Dior Vetiver is a hard to find, but fantastic vetiver scent with coffee beans and delicate citrus, with very good performance.
If you like Vetiver and you have the opportunity, please try it. :-)

Fresh and Clean!
This perfume is very unique and masculine.
Suitable for all seasons.
Refreshing and clean because of the combination of the coffee with the vetiver.
The perfume is very interesting and recommended for all lovers of the vetiver.

Projection: Good enough.

For me this perfume is the best in its category right today.

IMO, My score: 10

The "Coffee" Vetiver
I find this one very similar to other "modem" interpretations of vetiver fragrances in that the main note is paired with other complimentary accords. In this case it's dark roasted coffee. I find this one quite similar to vetiver fatal by atelier cologne. It's similar in that the vetiver smells "nutty" and almost has a sweet aspect to it.

I'm not sure if this is a "holy grail" of vetiver fragrances but I certainly like it. I think it's unique enough to own. It's just a shame that it's discontinued.

HitchslapHitchslap 2 years ago
So many vetivers out there but somehow the great house of Dior manages to set itself apart with a 3 note scent. At the least, buy a sample

by Kovex
by Kovex
miniatures
by HsChen
by Weihrauch
by Weihrauch
by Dunki
by Dunki
Beim Kauf  eines Dior Privée Duftes gibt es ein charmantes kleines Buch mit Beschreibungen aller Düfte als Goodie dazu.
by MrFumejunkie
by Moko33
by Vawallpa
by Vawallpa

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior