Cuir Cannage by Dior / Christian Dior

Cuir Cannage is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and men and was released in 2014. The scent is leathery-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Leather, Orange blossom, Rose, Jasmine, Iris

Submitted by WRoth, last update on 12.02.2019

9.0 7.0 10.0 8.0/10

The golden mean
I love leather. More than any other component, it gives me a sense of invulnerability and strength, or to put it pictorially with Serge Lutens, perfume becomes a bit of iron armor for me, protecting its wearer. After having tested myself through all known leather fragrances in the past, Cuir Cannage was also on the watch list for a long time. Over the holidays the opportunity had finally arisen. Cuir Cannage is best described by relating it to other well known leather fragrances that I have already tested. It's not masculine like Knize and it doesn't smell spicy like 1740. No rebel. On the other hand, when I relate it to extremely elegant leather scents - like Cuir de Russie (the aristocrat among leather scents!) - that also fails because it doesn't look so polished. Cuir Cannage is actually right in the middle. When I smell the scent, I smell leather and orange blossoms. (This was described by some users as a "chewing gum note". ) The following pictures come to mind: An elegant but robust Louis Vuitton travel bag, the seats of a convertible or the leather seats of a sports car (Think for example of the chic model that James Bond drove into "Skyfall" when he brought his boss M into a safe hiding place :P). Sporty, elegant and absolutely suitable for everyday use, Cuir Cannage is for me. Cuir Cannage can't compete with the elegance of a Cuir de Russie and he's not a male, but he doesn't have to! For me as a leather lover it is a grateful alternative and alternation to the other listed leather scents. If you compare Cuir Cannage with other leather fragrances, you will also notice that it has a simple, minimalist structure (see Knize). Simply does not have to mean bad, but the concept works here like clockwork. I even think it's a high skill when fragrances have simple structures and are absolutely great in execution. I tested the fragrance in winter, where it easily lasts 8 hours and therefore has a very good durability. The Sillage is also good. He was noticed by my environment and (uninvited) complimented. At this point I would like to thank Bookie, who made this great fragrance experience possible for me. I love to wear this scent!

by Rivegauche