Oud Ispahan 2012

Oud Ispahan by Dior
Oud Ispahan is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-woody. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is still available to purchase.

Top Notes Top NotesLabdanumLabdanum
Heart Notes Heart NotesPatchouliPatchouli
Base Notes Base NotesOudOud
RoseRose
SandalwoodSandalwood

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 01.01.2022.

Steve0580Steve0580 9 years ago

„Wonderful ”

Excellent scent - I love it. Typically, I don't care for floral scents and I've only smelled one other Oud-Rose combination, which was a bit too feminine for me. Not this...
CrypticCryptic 9 years ago

„Unfortunate”

Call me morbidly curious. When a close friend with an adventurous and tolerant nose tested Oud Ispahan and found it repellent, I had to see what the stink was all about....

WildGardener
A hissy pink cosmetic with an afterthought of oud
There’s nothing wrong with this not being an Oud, a perfume could in theory contain a smidgeon of oud and still be a different – and decent - type of scent (in the same way that Angel contains patchouli but isn’t a Patchouli). But :
• this is called Oud Ispahan, and that’s a little bit misleading, and
• it’s cheap smelling with a lot of synthetics (that don’t smell like rose) and
• it doesn’t smell good, or original in any way.
In fact it puts me in mind of ‘Oud J‘Adore’, except Oud Ispahan seems to be aimed at a more prosperous clientelle; who I imagine as the type of woman (because this is clearly meant to be bought by women) who frequent Dubai shopping centres (and the embassy quarters of Paris) rather than those Attar Walla boutiques that only deal in the good stuff.
In business, I was advised to under promise and over deliver. This clearly does the opposite.
Fascination Orient
The young Christian Dior was amazed to discover, far from his homeland, the abundance of dazzling colors and intoxicating fragrances of the Orient.
It was a highly sensual world he remembered becoming a couturier-perfumer, enjoying using richly embroidered fabrics and composing extraordinary perfumes.
Based on Christian Dior's fascination with a fantastic Orient, François Demachy has now created a unique fragrance.
An ode to oud blended with labdanum absolute, Oud Ispahan elegantly affirms its oriental identity...

#rose #oud #winter #orient #passion #orient #smoke
Jaafar1601
Warming passion for frosty evenings
A fragrance that I can only endure in frosty winter temperatures, snuggled up in my lined, soft winter jacket. A perfume which, in my experience, can cause real headaches when dosed too generously and radiates an incredible warmth. Not just for me, but for everyone around me.
But when it's dosed right, and both the time of year and the time of day are right.... this perfume unleashes all its magic in an elegant, luxurious and seductive way. It feels like the rose wraps itself around my shoulders and embraces me passionately. The oud transports me to a warm barn lit with flickering candlelight. I want to go out into the freezing cold, enjoy a romantic evening and let the oud Ispahan accompany me. Because this perfume breaks through the wintry temperatures and warms with a warm, dense cloud of rose aroma and animalic oud.
A truly beautiful and passionate fragrance that I patiently save for especially cozy winter evenings.
The interplay of the elegant and attractive rose and the animalic, warm oud is in the foreground. The two dance passionately together through the evening until late into the night. And the next morning you perceive them still in the form of a light and relaxed fragrance at the pulse point of the wrist
Autumn forest medicine
The way this fragrance unfolds while remaining true to its character is remarkable. Quite quickly, a beautiful fragrance structure is constructed here, which you can enjoy quite carefree. I don't perceive anything of extreme-animalic or even unpleasant notes. On the other hand, Oud Ispahan is for me a soft and sensual autumn fragrance, on which it is worth getting involved.

The prelude is soothingly balsamic and medicinal. A natural chord of palatable rose and ethereal wood makes you think of forest-warm healing earth. Underpinned by dull, dusty patchouli, a strong, rainy forest atmosphere is created. However, this remains floral-clean, not to say soapy. A touch of creamy almond also resonates.
Then firewood-dry, soft oud stands out, contrasting with a sweet, pungent resin note. This results in a beautiful, albeit very subtle animalic.
A particularly pleasant, smoky honey-leather note determines the base of the fragrance.
A rose with thorns
Oud Ispahan was a fragrance that I had not read up on before testing. With great horror I had to read here that the fragrance evokes the wildest and most disgusting associations with many. Everyone's tastes are different, as we all know, but I almost can't believe that scent impressions can be so divergent. Right away: this fragrance has, in my opinion, absolutely no dirty, or disgusting scents, but is a beautiful, albeit special, floral-smoky Oriental.

About the scent itself: When I first had Oud Ispahan under my nose, I was admittedly gobsmacked at first. A wave of violent scent impressions made its way through the nose directly into the brain. For me, it's primarily the patchouli that's in the spotlight at first and can be a headache candidate if you're sensitive to that sort of thing. With time, however, you can definitely sniff out the other scents and especially the rose takes over from the patchouli, but without pushing it away completely. This scent has something slightly soapy for me, but that's probably also because I generally associate rose with soap, because squeaky-clean is actually nothing here. In my opinion, the oud here isn't as strong as it could be, but just the interplay of the rose with the other notes is beautiful and to be honest one of the nicest rose scents I've smelled, mainly because it has "thorns", so it has character. The labdanum is also present all the time, makes everything nice and warm-smoky and rounds off the fragrance perfectly.

All in all, I have him very happy in my collection and catch me wearing him even quite everyday, when I feel like rose. For this you need but certainly also a certain self-confidence. ;)

An Aryan Tale Told With A French Accent
Ispahan or Esfahan is an important city as it is located at the intersection of the two main north-south and east-west routes that cross Iran, formerly known as Persia. It is famous for its Persian-Islamic architecture, grand boulevards, covered bridges, palaces, tiled mosques, minarets, and it also has many historical buildings, monuments, paintings, and artifacts. Isfahan’s fame led to the Persian proverb “Esfahān nesf-e-jahān ast”: Isfahan is half the world. And Oud Ispahan is the other half, absolutely. Oud Ispahan, named after the Iranian city, follows a traditional path by pairing oud with its beloved partner, rose. This perfume tells the story of two conflicting Persian souls, rose gold and black gold, or dry rose and burnt oud.

The fragrance belongs to the oud and rose family of blends, and the scent is mesmerizing from the start. The labdanum with which Oud Ispahan opens is acute, massive, balsamic, alcoholic, and gives it the distinct character of him. Its amber and slightly leathery quality are warm and seductive. It smells so damn raw and rough with hints of an old worn, and smoky leather jacket. Wow, that leathery deal was entirely unexpected for me, causing an internal struggle between pain and pleasure. The oud is already there; it has a smoky scent of some burning wood that blends with that of the floral water when you wash your hands in the unique bowl. The labdanum, the flowers, the woods give the perfume an almost camphorated nuance.

My decant is more oriented towards the oud, while the rose is drier than the gelatinous or the clerical one. About me, I have only a faint perception of the dried Persian rose note. Yes, the rose is dried here. Sure, it’s still there, but it doesn’t scream. Some roses first have a fresh and delicate scent and then reveal a peppery appearance, and here it contrasts dramatically with the darkness of patchouli and oud. I find this approach interesting because the trend for perfumes with a heart note of rose is to create a sweet, crunchy, and fresh accord. Here it is dry, smoky, woody, and resinous while maintaining a certain freshness. Instead, I get tons of labdanum on top of patchouli and saffron. Patchouli is soft, complements the scent with an earthy warmth without ever getting lost in that rough, harsh vibe that’s all too common. And the oud is very well balanced. After a while, when the labdanum and rose fade, I am left with saffron and oud, a mix that gives off a strong smell of dirty smoke and firewood. The rose continues to persevere on my skin. It is so seductive with soft hints of incense and camphor underneath and gives the perfume a slightly sweetish crease. The middle stage is like a Turkish delight that spreads up to the nose.

On the finish, it is slightly dusty and dries into something incredible, smoky pink, resins, incense. Agarwood is recognizable by the animal and leathery smell it gives off when it is burned. It is an intense, resinous, warm, slightly smoky, powerful, complex, aphrodisiac, hypnotic aroma, with few analogs in nature. The fragrance is so soft in the atmosphere where incense, some warm and pink resins persist, and the scent has a sensational and velvety oriental rose aroma. The oud adds an erotic edge to the fragrance; it is not medicinal, it is not sharp, it is mild and silky, an actual riot of luxury and calm. It has to be the addition of the resin that makes it so accessible. The rose is still there. It never competes with the oud; they both support each other beautifully. There are hints of a nice animalic nuance; I assume it comes from the oud and patchouli blend. Finally, creamy sandalwood and dry cedarwood are very docile, just to add some woodiness and keep the oud from entering the unsightly territory.

Although some aspects of Oud Ispahan seemed unexpected and surprising to me, and its elegant fragrance is a classic marriage of rose and woods, this perfume is not for everyone; at least, that’s my feeling. If you shop blindly expecting a natural succulent rose with a little oud to balance it out, you will be disappointed. It’s actually the other way around: rich leathery oud with a whiff of sweet rosewater to balance it, but not by much, so the oud is quite dominant here. The fragrance is winter par excellence, and it should be outstanding on summer evenings because it is not at all cloying. If you will wear it to the office, spray it lightly, as it has a noticeable trail and longevity. Longevity is excellent, and the projection is lovely, especially in the early hours, and I believe she won’t leave her winter clothes until after a few days have passed.

This review is based on a decant I have owned since February 2021.

-Elysium
Vogue2011
Braking News: Fire in the Golden Palace of Isphahan! Countless pieces of sandalwood furniture and the rose garden destroyed!
Oud Isphahan, itself already a MESTERWERK in my opinion of the Dior Privée line, unfortunately misses his best friend Leather Oud for several years :-( Together they were just HAMMER! Both worn at the same time resulted in a scent that I miss very much :-(
Last re-cry in an example: both sprayed on a shirt, after 1 week (!) it smelled as if it had just been sprayed on.

I join some previous writers here at this point:

Oud Isphahan is SMOKE DELUXE! I find but no "smoky" smoke, rather noble, gentle smoke as you know it from souks in the Orient. The luxury smoke ;-) is still accompanied by noble, hand-cut and enddornten roses and sweet sandalwood, which self-confidently still pushes in front of the roses.

I feel Oud Isphahan as a very successful "Oriental" which, at least for me", the real Oudnote of the Orient has captured well
Smoky...
WOW!
Exactly... that's the first thing I thought of this wonderful fragrance when I sniffed him the first time ....
Have him to first as a small filling had the was gone inerhalb 1er week....
My mfeld said he smells like pissouar....

I mean he smells in my opinion after the best rose oud fragrance I have smelled so far ...

Very smoky burnt oud ... in mixture with the rose just unbelievable.
he has become one of my favorites.
DarkWinterCS
Rosé oud and everything okay?
My next test candidate is at the start. This Oud Ispahan is not only my next fragrance to test from the Maison Christian Dior collection, but could also be another candidate to succeed Oud Wood.
But I should be warned, because first of all the pyramid of scent stands like a sword of Damocles with its indication of rose above the fragrance and secondly the screaming colour of the juice to be sprayed alone gives me an inspiration that makes me think of my unloved rose.
Now you probably wonder why I'm always so stupid and test scents that show the rose in the scent pyramid when it bothers me so much. The first reason is that I had the sample with me anyway. Secondly, rose is not the same as rose and thirdly, I let myself be put off by a note. Otherwise many scents would probably pass me by, but they would be interesting and important for education and opinion forming. I will also come to the point where I would like to test the little Hyrax by zoologist, although it is punished so often. But purely for the formation of opinion and out of interest in front of Hyraceum such a test is important.

Oud Ispahan I can classify in retrospect as a typical representative of the Rose-Oud category and appears more common on my skin than I thought. There are also Labdanum and Patchouli mentioned, but I could not find them in the whole course of the book. It's a pity especially with Labdanum, because I love to smell this note, especially when it gets a little honeyy.
Sandalwood, on the other hand, I could hear just at the beginning, as it gave off a certain creamy note, which was very pleasant. Also the dark smoky wood with delicate rose underpainting was part of it at the beginning. In between I really thought that it would be a Rose-Oud combination that I might like. But the longer I had the scent on my skin, the more the rose appeared, which gradually took over the front.
This also had a positive effect on the sillage, because the more rose came out, the stronger the sillage on my skin became. It went so far again that I once again only heard rose in the surrounding area and thus a delicate, furry veil was once again placed on my tongue. I wanted to avoid that...

The durability is accordingly high and the smell remains quite long on the skin and maltreats me up to the extreme.

This scent has probably given me the rest for now, as I will certainly stay away from rose-oud scents for a while. One more experience like this and I can take a break again to clear my nose and get other smells Furthermore, I cannot recommend this fragrance for the price called. In my opinion, it's far too expensive for the bidding. It comes across so common that it could be replaced by a cheaper version of a rose oud.
HIRH
Summer scent for late risers
As the title suggests: the perfect summer scent for late risers. For a simple reason: The flowery rose makes the start - maybe Labdanum is also there. It's hard to tell, I don't know what labdanum smells like. The floral entry is so intense that at first nothing is noticeable of heavy patchouli or the oud. This means that the fragrance is also very easy to wear in summer - the flowery freshness remains carefree at first.

But after a few hours, patchouli joins the rose. A short time later, the rose has to give way to the oud, until hardly anything of it is noticeable anymore. The fragrance has mutated into a brute Arabic sheikh, which in summer can only be worn in the evening - a link to the rose is only perceptible in the background. The oud now dominates.

For all those who, like me, start the day at 14:00 and work mainly at night, so that the perfect summer scent. A flowery, fresh start, which becomes a heavy night-time scent just in time for sunset. Without having to spray on another perfume. The shelf life is so good that the Sillage is still clearly perceived by its surroundings even at late hours and brings some compliments. After the first test I could see it on my neck - neither joke nor exaggeration - nor months (!) after that on the collar of my winter jacket. The well-dosed spray bursts of the Dior Prive flacons do the trick, by the way. Two sprays are easily enough for this fragrance. Spraying is not only unnecessary, but even harmful. The magic of this fragrance is the strong contrast between rose and oud - the mutability behind it.

Therefore not the right summer scent for all early risers: it becomes so heavy too quickly that it is no longer adequately wearable in summer. But for all late risers or sprayers it is exactly the right thing - so it has become my summer signature. Cheers!

PioPio 7 months ago
This is how Oud should smell like. Perfect for Western noses.
EstbienlaEstbienla 1 year ago
Rose/Oud Combo is not really classic because it's very animal. Hold on the skin forever
SetshabaCSetshabaC 1 year ago
Luxury in a bottle... Francois Demachy you are a LEGEND!!!!
GreMuserGreMuser 1 year ago
Smell of a stable.
TRehfTRehf 1 year ago
New formulation is less animalic and bold but in a good way. Much more wearable. Floral, woody, almost soapy. Performance less but still 10h
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 2 years ago
Beautifully well-made, sexy, powerful. One spray of this can overpower anything, lasts for days, and somehow I don't grow anosmic to it.
SAQIBSAQIB 2 years ago

by Splashfrag12
by Josefka
by Josefka

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior