Fève Délicieuse (2015)

Fève Délicieuse by Dior

Top 43 in Women's Perfume
Fève Délicieuse is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2015. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Tonka bean, Madagascan vanilla, Caramel, Cocoa, Praliné

Submitted by Michael, last update on 29.07.2020.

DarkWinterCS
Vanilla bean, oh vanilla bean, what sticky mass is leaking out of you ?
Please do not worry, the title was created without any ulterior motives ;-)

Feve Délicieuse is once again one of the fragrances I found through the vastness of YouTube (not Jeremy). Described as a beautiful gourmand scent, it immediately aroused my desire, because I love gourmands, especially when they are blends with vanilla. However, a small blockade arose when I saw that the fragrance was declared as a women's fragrance here. Not that I hadn't already tested other women's fragrances on my skin, but I had some experience in this respect. Sometimes you can find "pearls" here, which get really sweet by being classified in the feminine direction and depress my nose.

However, I did not want to be stopped in this case, as some other Dior Privee fragrances had surprised me and I generally do not like to be kept away from gourmands. So I ordered the sample and went for it with my nose.

The start is the pure vanilla temptation. It already has this squeaky-sweet aroma for the first few minutes, which you know from cheap vanilla sauces from discounters, but thanks to this it develops a bit more gently within the first half hour. You can literally sniff out how the aroma once experiences the complete qualitative spectrum of a vanilla. From cheap vanilla sauce, to vanilla cream, then to extract, and finally to a truly great freshly scraped pod.
The course is underlined by a soft caramel mass, which still in the pan throws up bubbles and slowly turns into a brown mass. The vanilla aroma is not displaced by the caramel, because the sweetness of the caramel remains discreetly in the background. The praline indicated in the scent pyramid can also be sniffed out in the distance.

What I like most about this fragrance is the drydown. You can still recognize all the notes, but it's already a chord that evoked slight associations with honey. Don't worry, it sounds worse than it is. On the positive side, the sweetness is a bit less and makes the fragrance more wearable than you might think. If you only had to evaluate the drydown, I would even let the scent pass as unisex.

Where to start on the Sillage... i was telling you about this sweet start? Fist Through The Wall is a slight understatement. The scent screams for the first two hours to get attention. One floats through a vanilla cloud through the area, which only gradually subsides.
Accordingly the durability is also enormous. Up close we are talking about more than 7 hours, during which the little gourmand male climbs on the shoulder and repeatedly embalms the neck with fresh vanilla.

A fragrance that makes gourmand fans cheer and is bursting with power.
Susan
Anything less than expected...
As part of my reference gourmand search, a bottling FEVE DELICIEUSE has of course also moved in with me. And I was really curious...!!! So many eulogies...! So wonderful sounding fragrances...!!
I had expected something deliciously rich-creamy.....a lulling cookie-dough-caramel-cream brûlée-vanilla note.....something like that......either my nose or the fragrance itself has upset my plans
Here are my keyword notes of the past 3 test days:

Strangely biting prelude
Unfortunately powdery undertones
Too little sweet, too little gourmand...
Rather spicy
For Gourmand too "perfumed"
Maybe I don't like cocoa?
Low viscosity, not creamy
Rather masculine (Tonka: the vanilla for men)
Dental practice
Tire rubber
Behavior
Out of round
No dessert
Somehow not fish and not meat
After a few hours quite insignificant
Long shelf life

The lovers may forgive me ;-)......I nevertheless rate it with a 7, because the fragrance is not responsible for my personal expectations....
Meslina1996
The perfect fragrance for a ram: powerful on the outside, gentle on the inside
I got to know this fragrance at the airport 2 years ago, when a duty-free employee wanted to talk me up a Dior Privée fragrance After my nose gave up at some point and could no longer tell the difference between the scents, the over-motivated salesman told me to decorate my arm with 4 (!) sprayers of this monster specimen without my permission I said, "What are you doing? *smell* Oh God the whole plane is gonna hate me*!
Well...there was one purchase that didn't happen.
3 hours and a nap later I wake up in flight and think: "what smells so good here ? who is that"?
Well...that was me My arm with this monstrous but super smooth, delicious something In the shop he was fat and syrupy, but now fine, powdery, sweet and yet clearly present and strong.
Do I smell cherry?
The whole flight I had a bad conscience at the end to have got rid of the poor salesman with a nasty look, the poor man knew what suits me (an Aries as written in every horoscope).

Nevertheless, the fragrance naturally suits all other zodiac signs and sexes who love relatively sweet and strong gourmand fragrances. :)

Uberalles
amazing sweet unisex gourme perfume.
This is amazing sweet unisex gourme perfume., specially the old vintage formula its not very long lasting its sits close to the skin but for gourme lovers its like u very delicious caramel + tonka bean aroma...
Challenge in Advent: On the way to "my" vanilla scent - 13 December 2019
Fève Délicieuse is a precious, clear, spicy fragrance that unfolds its enormous potential over many hours. Without too much development, he remains true to himself from the very beginning, because the way he is, he is perfect. Balanced, spicy-sweet, without dominance, although with rather vanishing traces of cocoa and praline notes, which I hardly notice. What it offers is a balanced, full bouquet of spicy notes, tonka and vanilla, a precious, precious blend, the secret of a spice merchant, the culmination of the most seductive dish on a perfect table.
The bottle is beautiful. Straightforward, simple, precise. This is how I like a bottle best, this is how I like a fragrance best. Fève Délicieuse turns out to be such a fragrance; straightforward, without detours, he expresses his message:
"You long for strong, sweet spices that awaken your longing, your wanderlust? Images of the Silk Road in front of your eyes, of heavily loaded camels wandering through the desert in long caravans, while strange songs penetrate your ear? Pictures of medieval Hanseatic cities where ships are unloaded with their precious cargo, bags full of pepper and nutmeg, saffron and vanilla, more precious than any filigree gold knitted fabric? Images of oriental bazaars full of strange scents, full of strange silk fabrics, full of strange sounds of the muezzin of the nearby mosque? Pictures of old manuscripts, of Marco Polo and Vasco da Gama, of maps and drawings of celestial bodies? Here I am.
And at the same time you yearn to feel all these ideas and dreams, this wanderlust, while you wrap yourself in comforting warmth in woolen blankets, stare into the flames by the fireplace, while it storms and pours outside? Here I am. I am your vision. I am your dreamy harmony. I am Your lavish abundance. I'm your fragrance. I'm Fève Délicieuse."
With you in paradise
After Gris Montaigne the next unisex dream of Dior fascinated me and took me to the caramel tonka bean paradise :)

I've been sneaking around for a long time. There 1. expensive!!! and there a blind purchase of course was out of the question. Here in the area, only the turquoise in the banking metropolis has it and when I was there, I deliberately ignored it, I wanted to start saving haha.

With the name and the descriptions here I thought he knocked me over with his gourmand sweetness, but no! Wrong thinking.

Fève Délicieuse starts with me spicy-sweet, but beautifully discreet, slightly balsamic. Like a beautiful body oil. It is velvety, soft and simply delicious. He doesn't kill you with his sweetness and that makes him so sympathetic and also unisex-suitable, although I have to confess that he is better shown off in the lady. It's a matter of taste. I like men more the more masculine scents ;)

I thought that he would have to stay on my shelf until autumn, because I prefer to wear fresh flowery scents in summer, but he even went at 25 degrees without crushing me, because he is so nice and discreet with me. Good the wasps still fly after you ;)

The H&S are not from bad parents. He survived one working day well and always blew a breath towards me. He doesn't have the murder situation, but I think that's a good thing
Well, my wallet wasn't happy again, but it just had to go with me! Now it's pause.

Well, there's still dioramour. I'll be off then ;)
Warm good mood
It's cold outside, gray and fuzzy?
Your mood's in the basement?
The mood is currently rather cold?
A soul flatterer is urgently needed?

If you can answer at least one of these questions with "yes", I can highly recommend the "Delicious Bean". Of course also to everyone else who likes sweet gourmands ;)

That's him. A warm, good-humoured, beautifully enveloping, sweet and extremely tasty gourmand.
From the first spray on your skin, you will notice this warm, sweet caramel praline with a deliciously creamy vanilla filling. Tonka and caramel are the focal points. The cocoa in this sweet gourmand gives it something deep, so that the sweet does not overpower you. The vanilla makes the whole discreetly creamy and thus a round and harmonious gourmand, despite the well perceptible sweetness.

This fragrance is a highlight for me on cold, rough days. It gives warmth and lightens the mind. He seems comfortable and secure to me. With this fragrance I feel very comfortable and he also has something seductive feminine about him that also makes him sexy.

Chanelle
An all around perfect dessert
Of course, I've been faithful for years. Anyway, when it comes to tonka beans. I thought there was nothing better than Tonka Imperiale. I initially used it in large doses, regularly, and tried to fix others. Which I succeeded in doing several times. But what nobody knew - Amaretto is a horny stuff, it makes you lull and lall, but in TI it started to get on my nerves. Recently, there was also a growing Guerlain unwillingness. I own, so to speak, 10 variants of one and the same Guerlain fragrance. How did this happen? Blind love only hurts.
Then I recently got to know Dior's bean variation. I mean, really, in a biblical sense. Not in the rush past on the blotter.
And?
No Amaretto.
No resinous nut.
No adhesive sweetness.
Simply round, cotton wool soft, milky Tonka.
Initially light signs of burnt sugar, but then with every minute more beautiful and warmer and more tender.
And unlike some others, which makes you fat or happy or both, it stops almost endlessly. Okay, so is TI, but Fève actually makes me happier.
Sorry, I'm switching!

Yawn...
I wouldn’t say that Fève Delicieuse (“delicious bean”, or in North-Center Italian slang, “delicious d*ck”) smells completely horrid, but it’s really almost there. It doesn’t really “smell Dior”, and surely not “Collection Privée”. Not that the rest of the line was breath-taking, but Fève is basically nothing different quality-wise and overall concept-wise from the cheapest Oriental-gourmand ranges of fragrances and grooming products sold in drugstores or supermarkets. Stuff like Italian brands I coloniali, or Tesori d’Oriente - but way below Les Nereides or L’Erbolario, to give you a rough idea of how cheap this is. Imagine that kind of stuff blended with some sort of clumsy imitative Mugler-esque kind of “allure”, sort of echoing some A*Men flankers but without that consistency and playfulness (and they cost half of this anyway).

Basically Fève Delicieuse is a thick, annoyingly flat and cloyingly artificial Oriental-gourmand candy of vanilla, amber, tonka, cedar, powdery-caramel and spicy notes tinged with a tame hint of smoke and some pleasant sort of earthy-vegetable suble nuances, which are quite nondescript but help in lowering the diabete-inducing ratio of sweetness and represent the only sparkle of interest in this disgraceful bucket of dullness. There is basically no evolution and no particular “twists”, just a sticky slap of melted toffee candies laying on your skin, decreasing in power as hours pass – thus becoming more pleasant. Sweetness is the main and most feature of Fève Delicieuse: mediocre, cheap, unrealistic, alienating sweetness, truly comparable with any low-brow drugstore gourmand scent for teenagers. I was not the most enthusiastic fan of the rest of the “Collection Privée” collection apart from Leather Oud, but still I clearly got a sense of decent quality, complexity and craft among the others – or at least, some efforts for that. To this extent Fève Delicieuse is an astonishing ugly duckling among them (minus the happy ending), since it smells not only cheap, but also completely uninspired, simplistic, tired, a more than generic “déja-vu” with a crazy price tag and no reasons to exist. If you’re a fan of The Office US, then I’m Michael and this is my Toby.

4,5/10

Lovely
What's not to love with this perfume? Absolutely delicious and beautiful fragrance with a gourmand feeling, without being too sweet. Just love it.

LexaLexa 4 years ago
Simple notes yes,but when wasn't vanilla+pralines+tonka a recipy for a successful scent?! Only if the projection wasn't so close to skin...

by IoanaP
by IoanaP
by Ovaissaleem
by Ovaissaleem
by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou
by Achilles
by Achilles
Thank you for your words!
by R0din
by MrSimonM
by MrSimonM
by MightyMike
by MightyMike
by REALiZE
by REALiZE

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Les Elixirs Precieux - Ambre by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior