Fève Délicieuse (2015)

Fève Délicieuse by Dior / Christian Dior

Fève Délicieuse is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2015. The scent is gourmand-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Tonka bean, Madagascan vanilla, Caramel, Cocoa, Praliné

Submitted by Michael, last update on 16.10.2019

7.0 8.0 9.5/10

With you in paradise
After Gris Montaigne the next unisex dream of Dior fascinated me and took me to the caramel tonka bean paradise :)

I've been sneaking around for a long time. There 1. expensive!!! and there a blind purchase of course was out of the question. Here in the area, only the turquoise in the banking metropolis has it and when I was there, I deliberately ignored it, I wanted to start saving haha.

With the name and the descriptions here I thought he knocked me over with his gourmand sweetness, but no! Wrong thinking.

Fève Délicieuse starts with me spicy-sweet, but beautifully discreet, slightly balsamic. Like a beautiful body oil. It is velvety, soft and simply delicious. He doesn't kill you with his sweetness and that makes him so sympathetic and also unisex-suitable, although I have to confess that he is better shown off in the lady. It's a matter of taste. I like men more the more masculine scents ;)

I thought that he would have to stay on my shelf until autumn, because I prefer to wear fresh flowery scents in summer, but he even went at 25 degrees without crushing me, because he is so nice and discreet with me. Good the wasps still fly after you ;)

The H&S are not from bad parents. He survived one working day well and always blew a breath towards me. He doesn't have the murder situation, but I think that's a good thing
Well, my wallet wasn't happy again, but it just had to go with me! Now it's pause.

Well, there's still dioramour. I'll be off then ;)
8.0 7.0 8.0 10.0/10

Warm good mood
It's cold outside, gray and fuzzy?
Your mood's in the basement?
The mood is currently rather cold?
A soul flatterer is urgently needed?

If you can answer at least one of these questions with "yes", I can highly recommend the "Delicious Bean". Of course also to everyone else who likes sweet gourmands ;)

That's him. A warm, good-humoured, beautifully enveloping, sweet and extremely tasty gourmand.
From the first spray on your skin, you will notice this warm, sweet caramel praline with a deliciously creamy vanilla filling. Tonka and caramel are the focal points. The cocoa in this sweet gourmand gives it something deep, so that the sweet does not overpower you. The vanilla makes the whole discreetly creamy and thus a round and harmonious gourmand, despite the well perceptible sweetness.

This fragrance is a highlight for me on cold, rough days. It gives warmth and lightens the mind. He seems comfortable and secure to me. With this fragrance I feel very comfortable and he also has something seductive feminine about him that also makes him sexy.
9.0 9.0 10.0 9.0/10

Chanelle
An all around perfect dessert
Of course, I've been faithful for years. Anyway, when it comes to tonka beans. I thought there was nothing better than Tonka Imperiale. I initially used it in large doses, regularly, and tried to fix others. Which I succeeded in doing several times. But what nobody knew - Amaretto is a horny stuff, it makes you lull and lall, but in TI it started to get on my nerves. Recently, there was also a growing Guerlain unwillingness. I own, so to speak, 10 variants of one and the same Guerlain fragrance. How did this happen? Blind love only hurts.
Then I recently got to know Dior's bean variation. I mean, really, in a biblical sense. Not in the rush past on the blotter.
And?
No Amaretto.
No resinous nut.
No adhesive sweetness.
Simply round, cotton wool soft, milky Tonka.
Initially light signs of burnt sugar, but then with every minute more beautiful and warmer and more tender.
And unlike some others, which makes you fat or happy or both, it stops almost endlessly. Okay, so is TI, but Fève actually makes me happier.
Sorry, I'm switching!

Yawn...
I wouldn’t say that Fève Delicieuse (“delicious bean”, or in North-Center Italian slang, “delicious d*ck”) smells completely horrid, but it’s really almost there. It doesn’t really “smell Dior”, and surely not “Collection Privée”. Not that the rest of the line was breath-taking, but Fève is basically nothing different quality-wise and overall concept-wise from the cheapest Oriental-gourmand ranges of fragrances and grooming products sold in drugstores or supermarkets. Stuff like Italian brands I coloniali, or Tesori d’Oriente - but way below Les Nereides or L’Erbolario, to give you a rough idea of how cheap this is. Imagine that kind of stuff blended with some sort of clumsy imitative Mugler-esque kind of “allure”, sort of echoing some A*Men flankers but without that consistency and playfulness (and they cost half of this anyway).

Basically Fève Delicieuse is a thick, annoyingly flat and cloyingly artificial Oriental-gourmand candy of vanilla, amber, tonka, cedar, powdery-caramel and spicy notes tinged with a tame hint of smoke and some pleasant sort of earthy-vegetable suble nuances, which are quite nondescript but help in lowering the diabete-inducing ratio of sweetness and represent the only sparkle of interest in this disgraceful bucket of dullness. There is basically no evolution and no particular “twists”, just a sticky slap of melted toffee candies laying on your skin, decreasing in power as hours pass – thus becoming more pleasant. Sweetness is the main and most feature of Fève Delicieuse: mediocre, cheap, unrealistic, alienating sweetness, truly comparable with any low-brow drugstore gourmand scent for teenagers. I was not the most enthusiastic fan of the rest of the “Collection Privée” collection apart from Leather Oud, but still I clearly got a sense of decent quality, complexity and craft among the others – or at least, some efforts for that. To this extent Fève Delicieuse is an astonishing ugly duckling among them (minus the happy ending), since it smells not only cheap, but also completely uninspired, simplistic, tired, a more than generic “déja-vu” with a crazy price tag and no reasons to exist. If you’re a fan of The Office US, then I’m Michael and this is my Toby.

4,5/10
10.0/10

Lovely
What's not to love with this perfume? Absolutely delicious and beautiful fragrance with a gourmand feeling, without being too sweet. Just love it.
9.0/10

Delicious Bean Indeed
For lovers of vanilla and caramel, this perfume will hit the spot. It is rich, sweet and sticky, but thank God, the composition is well-blended and not overwhelming, otherwise this could have been a cloying disaster. It still might be too much for some so you gotta love your gourmands if you want to love this delicious bean.

Of course, tonka is the star. It reminds me of the main note in Tonka Imperiale. The Dior is much more vanilla-centered though. Overall a wonderful gourmand composition with good sillage and average lasting power. For lovers of Mitzah, this is a suitable alternative as well.

Lexa 3 years ago
Simple notes yes,but when wasn't vanilla+pralines+tonka a recipy for a successful scent?! Only if the projection wasn't so close to skin...+4
6.0
9.0

by MrSimonM
by MrSimonM
by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou
by Achilles
by Achilles
Thank you for your words!
by R0din