Gris DiorGris Montaigne (2013)

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior / Christian Dior

Gris Dior is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Calabrian bergamot, Turkish rose, Patchouli, Jasmine sambac, Amber, Oakmoss, Cedar, Sandalwood

Submitted by Joe, last update on 04.01.2019

Scent 10.0/10
Mithril
Every fragrance has its time. And for me, the time seems ripe for Gris Montaigne. I know not everyone here likes private stories and associations with scents, but so be it. I don't (anymore) have to please everyone either. I've been trying that ever since I can remember, hoping to be loved. Well, times change and we change with them. And even if much is not in our hands, we have influence on our life from a certain point in time. Which way would I like to go? I face the pain, or banish it to the darkest corners of my soul. If I fall into the abysses, I let myself and others be destroyed, or do I look and struggle for mindfulness and healing? I chose the latter and went the path of greater resistance, the path that hurts and that sometimes demands everything from me. Today I can be proud of myself, look in the mirror and say to myself, "Melanie, I like you just the way you are." And this scent fits exactly to this feeling.

It is light and yet not fleeting. He is present and yet not exuberant. He's confident, yet he's not arrogant. He is clear and yet not distant. He is like Mithril, the material of J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, which is harder than steel and lighter than silk.

Fire steels, the art lies in the decision to open his heart (again).
My wonderful scented chameleon!
There are things that have the potential to accompany you as a memory until the end of your life. They seem in their perfection as if they had fallen out of time and space - and as if they were themselves enough in their being. For me, a fragrance like that is Gris from Dior.
Once again as blind sharing (but as always it was definitely the very-very-last one..... ) he came to me. I took him out of the mailbox when I was on my way to the orthodontist with my son. The atomizer was not inscribed and while I was digging in my brain, which fillings are just on the way to me - there were three :) - had to immediately put a first sprayer on my wrist, while my dutiful son was already wriggling because we were close. Well, that just meant cycling through the park a little faster! It's a good thing that I can also drive freehand if necessary, because during the trip I simply held my hand in front of my nose at some distance. Don't panic, of course NOT in front of your eyes! But I must confess that I was not only a little distracted, because a magical scent surrounded me immediately. Meanwhile my brain was rattling at full speed: Sharing number one (Pour un Homme de Caron L'eau) I can exclude, because lavender is certainly not! Sharing number two (Eau de Givenchy) as well, that's citric-izzish and I've tested it before. And what was the third one again???? Isn't it typical that in such situations only two out of three occur to you and the right one isn't among them? And if I had just waited for 15 sharings, then I would certainly have thought of 14 and exactly this one scent would not have occurred to me:)
The nice thing about it was that I could enjoy the fragrance the first time without having any preconceived fragrance expectations. And when I filled out my son's admission sheet at the doctor's, parked my hand very close to my nose, while the Filius stabbed me in the ribs with a pointed elbow like only teenagers can have ("Mama, you are sooo embarrassing, please stop smelling your hand all the time.....") I was fascinated by the unknown scent from minute to minute more. It begins at the moment of spraying with a light fresh spice, and a complex scent of roses is immediately added. It is a "built" rose fragrance for me, the rose is clearly accompanied by helping white-flowering plants that support the fragrance and make it softer and more elegant. It comes in the course of the time more spice in addition and a hunch of moss makes "Gris" more adult, without the slightest tendency to the Madamigen. The base is a wonderfully elegant blend of flowers, wood, patchouli and musk, over which a touch of bergamot can still be felt.
Gris is difficult for me to describe, he is like a phantom of a fragrance, from which the wearer assembles the exactly fitting elements according to her mood. There are days when it is flowery-fresh for me and I immediately think of bergamot and rose, of others powdery-elegant and I smell next to the rose a finely ground patchouli sandalwood, and sometimes it is for me a floating restrainedly proud chypre rose. Gris changes for me from accessible - flowery to artificially built and as if presented under a glass lintel. I would describe it as a dense fragrance, complex and deliberately built, but not minimalist, but overflowing. Because of its design it is not only fresh and flowery for me, but in the background there was a note hovering which hints at another side, a more serious, darker one, which the fragrance also has for me on some days.
I am lucky - Gris accompanies me through the whole day and I love him at all times as he changes over the hours. I don't feel any temptation to spray, because I don't want to disturb him, don't want to confuse anything in this for me so perfect and unique fragrance!
Scent 6.0/10
Coco Mademoiselle Reboot
Dior reboots Coco Mademoiselle by lowering considerably the floral and sweet aspects and making the whole idea more discreet and woody. It's not heavy woody, but a soft dryness that seems to make an harmony with the sweet patchouli and the blurred floral aspects.It indeed has something formal and office-chic on it. Why make it exclusive and expensive is what i wonder, since this could sell well (i guess) if added to the regular line. It has that balance of friendly and known tune with something different on it.

• by Mustang69 by Mustang69