Gris Dior Gris Montaigne 2013

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior
Top 65 in Unisex Perfume
Gris Dior is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Belle de Jour

Calabrian bergamot, Turkish rose, Patchouli, Jasmine sambac, Amber, Oakmoss, Cedar, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.01.2021.

LiRadieschen
Somehow I was hoping for more and somehow he's supposed to be just like that.
If you want to assign a hue to a fragrance like "Gris Dior" and the color gray a fragrance, then probably only the perfume "Gris Dior" can arise from it.
In no way meant negatively, rather consistently positive!
Grey is neither black nor white. It is simply always everywhere in between.
By that I mean that I can now totally understand why there are so many voices that say, "He always goes!".
Because I see it, since my filling and the associated tests, quite exactly so.

It starts off kind of "tea-scented" (if that word exists) for my nose. More "Aha?" than "Wow!".
Kind of dry and tart. I find the woods are present quite quickly and help define the vibe clearly. The rose softens it again a bit and is a good counterpart to the woods, it's not a powdery, cloying rose, rather very clear and clean.
In "Gris Dior" always resonates what herbes and yet he is, for me, not unapproachable but rather gives a self-confident feel-good feeling.

Personally, I do not know yet whether I will buy a bottle after my filling, whether he is not me but in the long run a bit too "dry".
But I think I can still say with a clear conscience:

No matter what season.
No matter what event.
It always goes!
Jasminroedig
A fragrance that always goes
Who is looking for an all-rounder, which is right here. In my opinion, Gris Dior often goes but not always. During the day he decorates skin, hair and clothes quite wonderful, at night I would do without the bouquet to go. I see this fragrance on elegant personalities who don't necessarily want to impress with their outward appearance. Gris Dior definitely has something restrainedly timid about it, thanks to all the flowers that clearly prevail against the incipient freshness. After that, hardly any further fragrance development is detectable, the perfume is relatively clearly definable in colors:
The initial fresh greenness is quickly replaced by many pink-red-purple tones.

Occasions:
Fresh after showering/after bathing
Festive occasions like wedding, birthday and graduation parties
Business meeting during the day
Boujiescent
this french je ne sais quoi
This fragrance surprised me immediately when I sprayed for the first time. The fragrance opens with fresh bergamot, which also quickly fades and it makes way for the rose. I find the rose here to be cool and distant. The sillage is not breathtaking, but that doesn't bother me at all. Because the scent isn't trying to impress everyone in the room, it knows what it can do and doesn't need to be the loudest in the room. He has nothing to prove.
Figuratively, I imagine a woman who just came from riding and owns a horse farm and is effortless in everything she does. She's elegant, knows what she's got, and isn't trying to impress anyone.

These three words still come to mind:

classic, elegant, 'old money'
Spectacularly unspectacular
"Gris Dior" is spectacularly unspectacular, unapproachable, cold, distant and unremarkable at first sight, perhaps even a little dreary.
But that is exactly why "Gris Dior" is so timeless, so mature, adult, round and uncomplicated - no matter for which sex.
"Gris Dior" is the olfactory white blouse, the white shirt, worn during the spring, neat, without any corner, without any edge. First the rose, then green notes, shortly after cedar wood - that is "Gris Dior". The rose is unsweet, adult, fresh, actually already undercooled, frosted for some noses, the green notes slightly tart, never too bitter and in no way setting the tone. The cedar wood comes across dry, a little bit of bleached pencil character resonates. Sounds boring at first and it is, if you let your nose slide over the wetted skin. But in the air the magic unfolds, which I cannot describe in detail. Maybe "elitist" would be the appropriate attribute - but only maybe. You must have smelled it yourself.
Sophisticated & Sweet
The fragrance has an interesting play and develops strongly in the first hour. You should definitely try it on the test strip, because there it smells completely different than on the test strip
The flowers are strongly present, the freshness fades away quickly and after 30 to 35 minutes a powdery sweetness shines through.
If the freshness had lasted longer, it would have been a fragrance for me. Not like that, I'm afraid
This oakmoss...!
This fragrance begins ladylike, almost quietly, with a floral, enigmatic elegance. Not too rosy at all. For AugustA's perception unobtrusive presence in grey and blackberry tones.
The texture is light but firm. In front of my eye immediately appears a diorama costume with blouse and scarf.

Delicate floral, woody green, a little tart, but always gentle and distinguished. Sometimes a warm, sometimes a cool wind. Some slightly sweet flower tone disturbs me in between. This could be the rose-jasmine combination in the heart
But then: The most beautiful is the Drydown! And it's dry. And it's so mossy. It's very attractive. A tangy, soft oakmoss base that I have rarely experienced on skin. It would be enough for my skin to smell like that and it would be my...
Soft springtime breeze...
Every lovely chord
Float away to me as an angel,
The one in the sweet play of tones
to make my twilight hours more beautiful
A touch of the cedar bergamot!
Patchouli and sandalwood
Pour your most beautiful fragrances
Aromatic through the air.

Jasmine under the rose bush,
Hot rose and you too,
Amber, breathe the balm soul,
Obediently follow the orders!

Soft fleeting spring wind,
Saul for me dear and gentle Flowers, woods, sweetly exchanged
Words of love as he listens.

1 year old vintage gem?
It is a great masterpiece. I was really impressed and nearly cried.

Gris Dior reminds me of legendary vintage perfumes that have surged hundreds of dollars since IFRA's oakmoss regulation. Some of the atmosphere we have in common with classics like vintage No.19, Givenchy iii and Bandit, as well as vintage Mitsouko. That's what the oakmoss creates the balance of whole scents with a gross and heavy texture, like antique wooden furniture. It's the natural richness unlike any other perfumes today.

I am amazed at how they could make this masterpiece at this time. As I start my walk along the very green moss, trees, and wet soil, I meet the abundance of boldly blossomed roses by the meandering river. When the scarlet sun goes down, I meet mysterious amber trees' breathe.

This is a perfume that summons beautiful moments of life immediately. I have thought that modern perfumes cannot mimic these scents no matter how hard they try. But in 2018, Dior did it. I can hardly believe they kept the regulations. But how could they create vintage perfumes' atmosphere that had been aged for decades, even if they used more than the natural oakmoss? It's almost a miracle like one year old whiskey tastes like decades of whiskey.

If you can really appreciate the value of vintage, maybe you already found Gris Dior. I do not know a better rose perfume than this. Gris Montagne? no. That's similar to Gris, but in analogy, that is like a reconstructed version of vintage classics. I hope Dior will continue to make perfumes like Gris in the future. I really wish the birth of another Gris with cinnamon, leather and old-fashioned carnations like vintage Giorgio Special Reserve. Until then, I'll list Gris as one of the best perfumes in the world.

Anyway: I think the house of Dior should rename Purple Oud to Gray Oud and Gris Dior to Pourpre Dior.
The finite journey
It was in October 2014.
I tried to open a lemonade from a Spar chain in South Tyrol, but couldn't make it. I handed the bottle to my girlfriend to let her try it, hoping that at least her preliminary work would stop the lid so much that after her failed attempt my second would be crowned with success.
Pustekuchen; no chance.
So I had to give back or exchange an article at a supermarket for the first time, probably also the last time in my life in all seriousness.
Strangely enough, the saleswoman at the cash desk heard my probably not too everyday use of the exchange right with completely blunt indifference and told me to take another bottle off my shelf Done and Schwupps, the bottle could be opened.

And now comes my déjà-vu: the smell coming out of the bottle corresponded exactly to the top note of GRIS DIOR.
Since it was not a fairtrade traded gluten-, paraben-, glutamate-, microparticle- and animal-search-free vegan herb-lemon-limonade, I have to assume that the citric aspect here only comes from the retort Why I mention this: Just like that!

The Dior heart opens here very floral, in the shape of a rose. Rather a Persian rose picked early in the morning, than a Kurdish Bulgaria rose.
Clearly softer, powderier and not quite as ethereal.

The jasmine joins it shyly, but not subordinately. "Woody" it appears and not as tau-resinous as the typical real Jasmine.

Already after 2 hours the bouquet interweaves itself to a whole and dissolves in favor of the patchouli, which does not wobble like motor oil, but rather softly, nevertheless brighter shines.
Pastel luminescence so to speak :-)
The dusty oak moss leaves more and more of the scented sculpture. In the beginning still very earthy, it exchanges its chyprecharakter against more gentle, damp wood chord The ambry notes lend him a gentleness, but never the lustfulness an always pleasing ingratiation.

Nevertheless, hardly anyone can escape him or her.

A world full of gray gradations, but this gray can add color to the mind of black-and-white thinkers.

Wool rose buy?

No, thanks, I got it.
Attraction
I'm not usually a fan of unisex scents. I always make a big bow out of it. They're usually too harsh for me. Or they are sweet, but have this herbaceous masculine per se.
I automatically have CK One, Gaultier2 in my head. I just don't like...

But Gris Montaigne got me! Yes, he definitely has something harsh about him, which disappointed me at first. Here was written of a beautiful rose fragrance. Well, it doesn't get rosy with me...

It starts tangy and tangy, slightly sweet. Almost like a lovely men's shower gel. Unisex? Absolutely. He switches between male and female. I can't describe it.

Disappointed, I sat on the couch and thought I was done with the rose scent.
Despite that, I just couldn't stop smelling my wrist. It occurred to me whether I should give the bottling to my husband. It's a very nice scent.

But wait! After a while, he gets a little more sweet. Yes, Rose is coming out now. But this is not a sweet rose a la Chloe etc., no she is not sweet at all! Honestly, I like that!
I complain so often about these sugared roses, rose marmalade scents, etc. which slowly really hang out my neck.

Gris Montaigne is hard for me to describe. He's got some of everything. The name and the colour reflect this fragrance perfectly. You just can't put him in his exact place. Herb, but not too herb. Jasmine and Amber are making up for it.

Despite the harsh impact I can't help but drizzle all over myself with this perfume, so I have this scent all day long around me. You can do it in any case, because you don't kill anyone with the scent.

No, I won't give him up! I can't put it any better, but disappointment turned into love!

AldestAldest 4 months ago
I always think it's too sweet, but it's one of the more complimented frags I have. Strange but it makes me think of snow and lasts for hours
BertolucciKBertolucciK 4 months ago
Elegant, smooth rose with the sweetness of amber, rounded with cedar and sandalwood. Discreet and distinguished. Leaning for women.
TRehfTRehf 5 months ago
Gorgeous longlasting spring-summer fragrance. Sparkling fresh floral citrusy. But skin chemistry dependent. Try before buying. Unisex.
ItchynoseItchynose 5 months ago
Smooth, delicate and soft floral fragance with a timeless quality to it, leaning feminine to my nose.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 9 months ago
Love at first sniff: elegant, beautiful, and clean. Can become a signature scent.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Sorry, but I just have to get this out there: In Swedish "Gris Dior" means "Dior the Pig :D

... altrosa Rosen - verborgen unter einem kühlen grauen Duftschleier ......
by IrisNobile
.... in seinem Herzen wohnt eine warme Rose .... :)
by IrisNobile
by WitDeBois
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior