Gris Dior Gris Montaigne 2013

Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior
Top 69 in Unisex Perfume
Gris Dior is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2013. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Belle de Jour

Calabrian bergamot, Turkish rose, Patchouli, Jasmine sambac, Amber, Oakmoss, Cedar, Sandalwood

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.05.2021.

Gris Dior, the Godmother Embrace
This scent reminds me incredibly of my godmother, Gitta. The best friend of my mother and for me extended family.
She is always on hand with advice and action, has supported me financially during my studies and incredibly great holidays with me. Through her I have discovered my love of France, the interest in old movies (especially with Audrey Hepburn) and many a visit to the theater and musicals made possible. Our interests are very much alike, so despite the age difference, I always enjoyed spending time with her and it never felt like a chore, but always the purest of pleasures.

While I was always glad she wasn't my birth mom (too lucky), I was incredibly grateful that she was such a great "bonus mom" to me, especially after my mom passed away.
She never married and has no children of her own, but has nine godchildren she has always been very involved with (still is to some extent).
Gitta is for me the epitome of a strong, independent woman and exactly that embodies this fragrance for me. On me, it seems insanely mature and more like business lady like my godmother is one instead of after KopfindenWolken, as I often am.

The only fragrance notes I can not name so exactly, because they are incredibly finely intertwined, but after a fairly fresh, citrusy beginning (which did not particularly convince me, too ordinary and already smelled several times), the fragrance becomes wonderfully creamy-spicy as it progresses, but never sweet or ordinary.
He expresses for me a very special security and waved me discreetly, but clearly perceptible even after hours (in this respect remarkable, because I'm otherwise rather "blessed" with a fragrance eater skin).
The association to Gitta is, however, also the reason why I will probably not buy my own bottle, but will give it to her as a gift to thank her for her 30 years of godmother-use for me.
Starts grey, ends amber
Gris starts with me tart, a little scratchy and somehow cool. Slowly a light cream creeps up from behind. Without fragrance pyramid I would have guessed musk. But this way I suspect that amber plays a role here. And later, coolness turns to light warmth and spice. I can't think of floral at all. If I had to name colors for gris, I'd say gris starts with gray and runs out amber.

Gris is understated, elegant, goes with a pantsuit rather than a dress in my association. Lasts about 8 hours and is unisex wearable for my nose.

I can not really get excited about Gris
Noble but not unique
A perfect fragrance for the office. I see him on an executive or a strong woman who can not be brought down. The scent is very pleasant S & H moderate but sufficient. The scent won't bother anyone so it's perfect for small spaces. I quite like it, however, hold it for a little too expensive.
Joliefleur88
I don't want to miss it anymore.
I was looking for a new everyday fragrance, so I had me a filling of a dear Parfumo got hold of and regret it not at all.

At the first sprüher I feel like fresh from the shower. Something citric is in the air (on my skin) I breathe the scent very deeply and find it beautiful and warm, you feel very comfortable. In the drydown, the rose makes its appearance. You feel like you are taking a walk in a fresh, clean, classy, unique rose garden. The jasmine I also perceive but no oakmoss.

From the durability I was disappointed for the time being, because I had the feeling that Gris Dior after ca.3-4 hours again warps. That kept me from getting a whole bottle. But since I kept thinking about GD and my bottling was unfortunately empty, I drove away the nasty durability thoughts and even got myself a 250 ml bottle (Immediately assumed that I will constantly re-spray the fragrance). But funnily enough, this one now lasts for hours on my skin. Over 10 hours even and my clothes still smell like it the next day. I can't imagine that the bottling was bad, as I didn't notice any difference from the smell (I still had a mini residue from the bottling). Since but the PH value of the skin often times changes, this can also play a big role for the durability.

Gris Dior is an all-rounder for me, he fits in every situation. One feels very noble and one smells simply very good.
The sillage is incredible with me, I personally do not perceive it so but my environment already, therefore, less dose who wants to keep the whole rather Körperpernah. I am and remain an oversprayer :-D
I definitely do not want to miss him more and with my 250 ml bottle he remains me hopefully long :-)
Grey: the colour of Christian Dior
Pearl gray was one of, if not the favorite color of Christian Dior and has become cult as this; the "couture gray" was already celebrated by the patron downright.
His three-piece suits were usually pearl grey, with matching shirts, ties and pocket squares. The little gentleman was vain!
The family home in Granville was also plastered in light gray; with a slight touch of pink, which is probably why it became known in part as "Christian Dior's pink house in Granville."
And let's not forget the pearl grey façade of the first boutique on Avenue Montaigne.
Where it all began!

So it's no wonder that the House of Dior, under its current chief perfumer F. Demanchy, finally launched a fragrance of that name in 2013:

"Gris Dior" - it does not need more!
Right up front: here succeeds the connection between modernity and tradition excellent.
A discreetly elegant signature distinguishes this fragrance composition.

"Gris Dior" is surprisingly fresh; not exactly light-footed and playful, but rather a little robust. Perhaps reminiscent of Granville and the Atlantic coast?
The classic bergamot note may not be missing in the prelude and leads into the garden, where the fragrance-intensive roses and small-flowered jasmine bushes are already waiting longingly.
They are immediately ready to contribute their heavy, sun-drenched aroma clouds and thus give "Gris Dior" a floral note and keep it; even if the base fragrance notes spread powerfully.
Of course, oakmoss and cedar must not be missing. It's as if a spicy-fresh breeze from the Atlantic is blowing through this melange of fragrances. Neither are so strong that they smother the floral hints: if anything, they accentuate them! (This match is won by the florals!)
Patchouli and sandalwood are sympathetically present and are still crowned as classic final scents by Ambergold.
"Gris Dior" needs neither pomp nor fanfare!

All this results in a multi-faceted fragrance creation, which is quite worthy of the name Dior.
Unpretentious comes this fragrance creature "Gris Dior" therefore, but not inconspicuous: just pearl gray!
In the elegant pearl gray of Christian Dior!

Luxurius Store aesthetics...
Ok, this is absolutely stunning! It reminds me of the scent of some really expensive stores or fashion houses where the room smells amazingly and luxurious because they have given the greatest attention to their home fragrance which is made of the finest ingredients. Right then you wish there was a perfume like this, YOU want to smell like this. Even the delicate papers that cover the products you are buying smell like this. This is Gris Dior for me. Elegant, gray in color, austere and charming. Everything in this concoction is delicate. The rose is delicate, not sharp, the woods are delicate, the citruses are discreet, the patchouli is smooth and they all blend in so beautifully. It is a classic suit, a cashmere scarf, a pair of pearl earrings. It wafts fresh femininity and class. Even though it is not listed after some time I get an abricot quality and a sea breeze feel. The fruity quality of this scent is like nothing I have smelled before. A multi-dimensional fume for sure. And a compliment getter.
Gris Dior was really nice.
I am new to you. I am new with a passion that is rapidly taking me and costing me sleep. New with a passion that allows me to feel a little happier in every place. I'm new to being a gatherer, a hunter, an enjoyer, a sharer - me, of all people, me with my autism.
I can understand emotions, but I have a hard time responding to them appropriately. Or at least what is meant by appropriate.
Myself, a lot of things leave me quite unaffected, at least when they go beyond the scope of the immediate circle of family and friends.
I used my free time to do research. If something interests me, then it really interests me. I want - I need to know everything about it.
And that's how I somehow ended up on the subject of fragrance a few months ago, and eventually here.
To come to the actual star of the comment I gallop now following something:

Logged in here I quickly asked for the first samples and the fragrances arrived shortly after, leaving me somewhat speechless as to their quality in comparison to my previous olfactory enjoyable "waters".
After a few envelopes, Gris Dior finally arrived. Sprayed on the wrist and directly closed my eyes while inhaling, because I found it beautiful. Beautiful.
More bottlings came from sharings. Many bottlings.
A few bottles moved in.
Gris Dior was really nice.
I started wearing a different scent every day.
Gris Dior was really nice.
I suddenly put on fragrances to go to bed.
Gris Dior is really nice.
I gave fragrances 10 points here.
Gris Dior was really nice.
I was dreaming of fragrances.
Gris Dior was really nice.
I thought about fragrances during the day.
Gris Dior was really beautiful.

That's when I started to notice. No matter what fragrance I'm dealing with or just thinking about - it always comes back this quiet, beautiful memory of the fragrance that I unwrapped a few weeks ago, briefly tested and found "beautiful".
It's not just beautiful. He gives me goosebumps just thinking about him. It makes me happy when I wear it. He makes me emotional.
Me.

I'm not good at describing scents yet, and even if I could name each scent blindly, maybe equally describing how I feel helps, which I've tried to make clear to you.

Gris Dior is beautiful. Beautifully sensual, beautifully delicate, beautifully sophisticated interwoven florals with a wonderful creaminess.

The awareness that Gris Dior must be the fragrance of my life, I attained a few days ago.
It's nice to be able to share these thoughts with you.
I will like, appreciate, share and rate well other fragrances, but I will always come back to you.

To Gris Dior.
Meeting
This brief encounter 2 years ago, with a man was so intense that I immediately fell in love. Not in the man, but in his perfume scent. I asked him what kind of perfume he was wearing, he answered Christian Dior. Okay Christian Dior, and what else? That's all he wanted to tell me. It's a secret, I don't want everyone to wear the perfume. I'm everybody. I'll answer him. My argument had no effect. My heart was on fire, and I thought to myself. .......... I searched the whole net and knew that it had to be a fragrance from Maison Christian Dior. The bottles were all so simple and classy , but which one was my encounter . Telephone terror I had to operate with the mystery man . Finally he came out with the name. Gris Dior was the name of my dear encounter. Immediately afterwards, I was registered at Dior and ordered it. A week later I had him, the unpacking was perhaps a poem. White cardboard box wrapped with a silk ribbon, where Christian Dior was discreetly written on it, lined with tissue paper, and there it was, my hard fought for achievement. In a beautiful white cylinder-shaped box, the bottle was embedded. Well it was time, my skin got a spritz of Gris Dior. It was just like the first encounter, flanged, intoxicated and in love at the same time. It smells so fresh, clean, pure and super elegant modern. If you had to paint this fragrance as a picture . Would be on the picture a gray forest where the moss on the ground shines through. The morning dew that lies on the fresh moss is slowly dried by the warm wind from the south that carries a light citrus note with it. You have to have it forever. Stay all nice and healthy. Thank you
LiRadieschen
Somehow I was hoping for more and somehow he's supposed to be just like that.
If you want to assign a hue to a fragrance like "Gris Dior" and the color gray a fragrance, then probably only the perfume "Gris Dior" can arise from it.
In no way meant negatively, rather consistently positive!
Grey is neither black nor white. It is simply always everywhere in between.
By that I mean that I can now totally understand why there are so many voices that say, "He always goes!".
Because I see it, since my filling and the associated tests, quite exactly so.

It starts off kind of "tea-scented" (if that word exists) for my nose. More "Aha?" than "Wow!".
Kind of dry and tart. I find the woods are present quite quickly and help define the vibe clearly. The rose softens it again a bit and is a good counterpart to the woods, it's not a powdery, cloying rose, rather very clear and clean.
In "Gris Dior" always resonates what herbes and yet he is, for me, not unapproachable but rather gives a self-confident feel-good feeling.

Personally, I do not know yet whether I will buy a bottle after my filling, whether he is not me but in the long run a bit too "dry".
But I think I can still say with a clear conscience:

No matter what season.
No matter what event.
It always goes!
Jasminroedig
A fragrance that always goes
Who is looking for an all-rounder, which is right here. In my opinion, Gris Dior often goes but not always. During the day he decorates skin, hair and clothes quite wonderful, at night I would do without the bouquet to go. I see this fragrance on elegant personalities who don't necessarily want to impress with their outward appearance. Gris Dior definitely has something restrainedly timid about it, thanks to all the flowers that clearly prevail against the incipient freshness. After that, hardly any further fragrance development is detectable, the perfume is relatively clearly definable in colors:
The initial fresh greenness is quickly replaced by many pink-red-purple tones.

Occasions:
Fresh after showering/after bathing
Festive occasions like wedding, birthday and graduation parties
Business meeting during the day

AldestAldest 8 months ago
I always think it's too sweet, but it's one of the more complimented frags I have. Strange but it makes me think of snow and lasts for hours
BertolucciKBertolucciK 8 months ago
Elegant, smooth rose with the sweetness of amber, rounded with cedar and sandalwood. Discreet and distinguished. Leaning for women.
TRehfTRehf 9 months ago
Gorgeous longlasting spring-summer fragrance. Sparkling fresh floral citrusy. But skin chemistry dependent. Try before buying. Unisex.
ItchynoseItchynose 9 months ago
Smooth, delicate and soft floral fragance with a timeless quality to it, leaning feminine to my nose.
Redsn4pperRedsn4pper 1 year ago
Love at first sniff: elegant, beautiful, and clean. Can become a signature scent.
KingPinKingPin 2 years ago
Sorry, but I just have to get this out there: In Swedish "Gris Dior" means "Dior the Pig :D

... altrosa Rosen - verborgen unter einem kühlen grauen Duftschleier ......
by IrisNobile
.... in seinem Herzen wohnt eine warme Rose .... :)
by IrisNobile
by WitDeBois
by Estbienla
by Estbienla

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior