Lucky 2017

Lucky by Dior
Lucky is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-fresh. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Lily of the valleyLily of the valley

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 27.09.2022.

The scent is part of the collection "Maison Christian Dior".

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions

Lucky
Here's another one of those purchases that I made and in the back of my mind the mantra "I should've bought a bigger bottle" sings again.

In my mind I'm seeing a field of flowers and valleys of long grass and like with Eden-Roc because I am AOT trash I'm taken back to a point in the Manga earlier on in the first arcs of the story. There's this wistful happiness about Lucky and it was a case of a love at first sniff again and bonus worked great with my skin chemistry. This fragrance is a beast on my skin lasts for 12+ hours and very good sillage all round because I knew people could smell it because I had this random dude coming up to me saying "Excuse me love" I suspect it was because of my scent bubble which was at arms length and I get whiffs of it in the air too which is very pleasant.

Ocean breathes salty
Genre-defying
Clever, Playful
Underrated

Opening:
Green, dewy, delicate white floral

Wear:
Aquatic, marine, salty
Sporty, irreverent
Synthetic
Fresh cut grass, mint, holly, ivy, gin
10-12 hours longevity

Absolutely no warmth, no musk, no spice, no citrus, no fruit, no vanilla, no vetiver, no resins, no woods

Totally unique, almost futuristic

Full bottle worthy.
Linear beauty
Lucky, a fragrance that has the potential to literally make you 'happy' Those who expect big changes in the scent will be disappointed here. The top note is practically the whole fragrance. Lily of the valley. After two, three minutes, a few white flowers appear behind the surface, that's it. Beauty can be that simple. The smell of lily of the valley is clearly noticeable, but every time after a few hours it always seems a little bit more synthetic than at the beginning, but doesn't bother me. Again and again I am impressed by the durability of this fresh scent, 6 - 7 hours including acceptable sillage are not unusual. This spring and summer, the scent has simply proved itself, in other seasons I don't see it that way.
Although the entire Prive collection is marketed by Christian Dior as a unisex, I would clearly classify Lucky as a women's fragrance. For a real unisex fragrance Lucky lacks the balance.
Nevertheless, I am also happy as a man that Lucky will accompany me again next spring.
It is definitely worth a test, but those who expect complex and groundbreaking things will probably be disappointed.

3 short views on the fragrance
LessthanzeroLessthanzero 3 months ago
two spirit. starts extremely clean, green, floral, femme, lily. eventually reveals itself as a minty, MASCULINE, sporty, aquatic.
DopeweaselDopeweasel 7 months ago
Unisex (more masculine), lily of the valley and herbaceous tea. Not sweet, nor fresh, full white floral. Again sophisticated and peaceful!
Thesun5Thesun5 2 years ago
Love fresh-floral fragrance, clean, elegant and optimistic. I love it but very high price....

Images

4 fragrance photos of the community

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior