Souffle de Soie 2017

Souffle de Soie by Dior
Souffle de Soie is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2017. The scent is floral-creamy. It is being marketed by LVMH.

JasmineJasmine RoseRose TuberoseTuberose

Submitted by multiple users, last update on 08.07.2022.

The scent is part of the collection "Maison Christian Dior".

Sickly Sweet Souffle
It opens with a nice brightness from the Bergamot. With a Sweet, creamy Jasmine, Rose and Tuberose floral heart which I like. But with the vanilla and Cinnamon base it pushes this too sweet and has a sickly make up esq edge to it. Too girly and high street smelling. I expected better from their private range.
Creamy, delicate coating
Souffle de Soie starts with a feathery citrus that is barely noticeable and immediately transforms on my skin into a soft floral, delicate creamy finest envelope with jasmine, rose and tuberose.
Briefly greets a pinch of pepper, probably by Elemiharz and the olfactory beauty says goodbye to me after an amazing 8-9 hours with musk and vanilla.

Souffle de Soie has some DNA of Gris Dior and Dioramour, which I have also had in my collection for a while. However, Souffle de Soie is more shy, reserved, sensitive and I personally like it even more because of that. Jasmine can quickly seem exhausting, even complicated and unattractive in fragrances. Here, however, François Demachy skillfully created a velvety version.

Color: white-pink
Target group: beautiful women's souls or men with self-confidence
Fragrance type: creamy-powdery-floral
Season: spring-summer
Occasion: always, everywhere and anytime
On a personal note: It's nice that the fragrance is not so well known and popular here. So he can be felt only me :-)

DarkWinterCS
Sex, rose and flower power ?
Souffle de Soie, the third fragrance from Maison Christian Dior that I had under my nose. It is sometimes remarkable how many different fragrances there are in collections you think you know. This collection was surprisingly large for me. Since the two flagships Ambre Nuit and Bois D'Argent cover a lot of ground, it's easy to let something slip by. Of course, it was these bedienen that drew my attention to the collection. As I recently decided to have a 40ml bottle organized, the dear perfume user who sent me the fragrance enclosed the samples. Thanks a lot if you read it :-)

Among them were Souffle de Soie and Oud Ispahan, to which a commentary is also added. The first one was checked and inspected right away, which means that the corresponding page here in the forum was called up and what to expect. There was talk about a very flowery scent, which should already show certain qualities. Now I am not necessarily the friend of flowery scents, because the notes are often "too flowery" for me and quickly become too much in the nose. This clearly has to do with my aversion to too dry rose tones and all kinds of geranium and magnolia.
The rose, against which I have something against too much use, is also indicated, but you could read from the statements that this note is somewhat restrained and has been well incorporated.

I had already written a statement about the fragrance, which is wonderfully ambiguous and outlines the fragrance in its entirety. The start has a very harmonious approach to the theme of flowers. It sniffs like a long walk through the cold hall full of flowers in the garden centre. So pleasantly blended, so delicately attuned and yet a bit pompous. Even if it sounds funny, you can hear a note that smells like a freshly sharpened pencil, but which in no way harms the fragrance.
In the course of time, this pencil note becomes increasingly blurred so that it is no longer audible. A further development is from then on no longer perceptible on my skin. This is also no longer necessary, because the aroma of the scent is wonderfully and finely balanced. For such a floral fragrance, it is extremely reserved, no note overlapping the other - a festive bouquet of fragrant blossoms.

I have tested this fragrance as a man, but I do not think it is acceptable for me. This one is clearly more suitable for a woman, as it already shows quite feminine features. Because the fragrance also seems a bit more set and expressive, I prefer to imagine it on a woman between 30 and 50 years of age. (Personal sensation !)

In the beginning the fragrance also shows that it offers endless flower power. The flowers shine all around you as if you were lying in a bed of them. After some time of wearing the fragrance, the projection recedes a little and doesn't overtax others in the surrounding area. The durability is also very good, as you can easily bridge your working day with it and still have fun with the scent at the end of the day. Because I have hardly tested any floral scents so far, I can't give myself a reference if this is already good for this kind of scent.

So, girls, like to try :-)

P.S. The only reason for the rating is that the fragrance is not acceptable for myself. If it had shown influences that are more unisex, it would probably have received an 8.5.

by Amylovesyou
by Amylovesyou
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
by Ripley
by Ripley

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Cologne (2013) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior