Midnight Poison (2007) Eau de Parfum

Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design: Véronique Monod

Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2007. The scent is oriental-floral. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 19.03.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Eva Green, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø.

7.0 7.0 7.0 8.0/10
JulieFä91
The poison of the night and its power
In the dark, we know, there's a good rumor,
While up the stars sparkle,
So it also shone in my face,
When I saw this little thing, what a poem.
Sweet and warm in the background,
If I led the juice to my mouth.
Shockingly bitter, no ecstasy,
I tried the nose.
And lo and behold, it has succeeded
The poison got into my head.
I'm surprised, the scent is all bitter,
That I won't die of the poison.
I'll try again,
And the scent becomes floral.

Doesn't it last too long,
That's not an off-the-shelf thing.
It lasts three and a half hours,
I'll have to spray again.
Rarely is the poison of the night,
That makes me really happy.
Sparks do not jump over,
At least I won't die sooner.

10.0 8.0 10.0 10.0/10
Wild horses
This is one dark horse on the run to wild pastures!

Mysterious, spicy warm, feminine out of the ordinary. There are no white flowers here, no chirping fruit or sugars, no safety net for those who ride it.

Just the dark velvet of the night on the way to exotic dreams!
An absolute "I am (different)" charming its way to your mind and will.

10/10 from me!
7.0 6.0 8.0 7.0/10
Modern Patchouli Rose
The opening of Midnight Poison is actually quite sweet, like a mixture of fruits and flowers, but fortunately with a well elaborated subtlety. It then gradually evolves into a rose-amber scent spiced up by patchouli. I also get a tease of pepper, which reminds me of a phase of Perles de Lalique drydown. The whole fragrance is more on the dry side to my nose. The vanilla here does not contribute to a creamy texture. The sillage is relatively close but it holds on well on my skin.

Well, I don't find MP particularly dark or masculine. If it was marketed in the bottle of Pure Poison or Tendre Poison, I would not be surprised. It's not difficult to wear, nor is it very complicated. However, I see it a fragrance that helps bringing out one's own personality, a fragrance with caracters and attitude without being pretentious, like a well crafted leather jacket.
10.0 9.0 9.0 10.0/10
"Darker than night"
first comes to my mind when I look at the Midnight Poison bottle and here this magical effect already takes its start - every time I sink into this deep, intoxicating atmosphere of the fragrance...

With Midnight Poison I have found a fragrance that gives me its mysterious,
Subtle, inexplicable at first glance. He who inspires, attunes to the mysticism of life, awakens long-forgotten memories, something you are unconscious of. Rational things are paralyzed in the process. The perfume has something surreal.
These are very fine emotions and feelings that Midnight Poison triggers, which unfortunately get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, so I often try to wear the scent at home, so that I can perceive and enjoy the wonder essence more.

The beautiful gothic rose (which could be exactly the colour of the bottle), a fresh and cooling (reminds me of Camphor) chord intertwined with patchouli and amber.....what a beguiling mixture!
It's a special magic that flows out of the bottle and you can't resist it so easily.
This is also the deep blue colour that accentuates the character of the perfume even more.
A true magic elixir!

When I wear Midnight Poison I don't want to talk much because I want the fragrance to speak for me. I feel dissolved in this perfume and am absolutely "enchanted".
Midnight Poison is prepared like a noble mixture with secret ingredients, which has a great effect and power.

An ingenious masterpiece, which unfortunately, like many other great fragrance creations, is no longer available..
I wish you all, who like Midnight Poison, many unforgettable and enchanting moments with this perfume!
9.0 2.5/10
Medicinal
I have had a serious ugly disease, have been a lot in the hospital.
My signature fragrance is the original poison which I adore, but this one, yuck...no way....the first impression was a reminder to that ugly disease with its medicines, the operation, the treatment afterwards, and hospital smell. No, nothing for me....real medicine smell and very bad memories. Why does one make a "fragrance" that smells like the treatment for bad diseases...maybe I didn't leave it on long enough, but I could not stand that fragrance any longer, had to scrub it off.
I am sorry for my opinion and I apologise to the people who love it, maybe it is just bad for me and on me...but this does not work for me, although I am rather a Dior fan..
2.0/10
Body Chemistry is Everything
Try as I might, I can not get Midnight Poison to work on me. Often it seems medicinal, other times camphorous. Parfum, edp & lotion - I've had the same experience with them all, and each of those bottles came from a different supplier. It took me a long time to concede that Midnight Poison was unwearable.

If there isn't cedar in here, it sure does wear that way on me. Patchouli is a listed note, and although it's not among my favorite accords, I usually don't have problems wearing patchouli. However, I frequently have problems with cedar, particularly in masculines. I swear, Midnight Poison has cedar, which might help explain why so many guys like this. Cedar.

I think Midnight Poison is one of those fragrances that comes down to body chemistry. Thankfully, original Poison & Hypnotic Poison are fantastic on me. Unfortunately, Midnight Poison is anything but. It's a rose-tinged, cedar cough syrup on me.
2.5 5.0 5.0 9.0/10
Jagged and rusted from age Vines upon a Sunless shady
Garden wall where no sun ever Penetrates, As we enter
the middle of Midnight Cold Saturnine Patchouli comes
steeping to our senses Conjours Cold marbled Angels
weeping upon tombstones crying tears of blood at a
Cematary Vanilla Supports the bottom of midnight
Makes the Drydown sweet, I dectect an Obscure spaseness
of Incense brings a sense of Esoteric Veritas.

Midnight Poison is a Somnambulist Who is Comdemed to Sleep
for Eternity in her dark Crypt.
10.0 7.5 8.0/10
Gothic masterpiece
Midnight Poison is quite a fascinatingly complex scent.

The scent itself is rather heavy and strong. There is an intriguing blend of amber, spices, patchouli, citrus and classic rose throughout.

At first sniff you realise that this is something different, something mysterious. You'll find yourself overwhelmed by dark, woodsy undertones, exotic spices and a syrupy-like sweetness.

There's a certain sense of masculinity in this fragrance, however with that being said, I do still think this scent wears well on women. Midnight Poison commands attention. It is bold, dark, sensual, smooth, dramatic and intriguing.

I particularly love the smokey, almost 'incensey' quality this fragrance creates when worn on the skin. The dark, midnight blue coloured bottle certainly portrays what is yet to come, a potent potion for the brave and daring woman.

Midnight Poison is a long-lasting and incredibly tempting fragrance that is difficult to resist.
10.0 5.0 7.5 7.0/10
Goth minimalism
Midnight Poison is dark, cold and magic like the silhouette of a tall gothic castle and its guarding gargoyles in a full moon night. Its somber halls are old, heavy and silent but there is also a sensation of coolness, a slight draft coming through the walls of this old building, from occult chambers that hide uncanny secrets. The narrow windows are adorned by thick dark-blue velvet curtains which shimmer dimly in the moon's light. Everything is still and awaiting an exceptional event. The tower clock at the end of the hall announces midnight.

Midnight Poison makes me think of a Lovecraft story. It's perhaps dark and tenebrous but also hypnotic and magnetic. It's a bit gloomy but also crisp and breezy. Midnight Poison is gothic, strange, alluring, cryptic, otherwordly: a ghost story – a bit eerie perhaps, but nonetheless utterly captivating.

Leaving the spooky stories aside though, Midnight Poison is technically a minimalist composition, a duet of minty patchouli and cold rose with barely a touch of citrus and vanilla. The magic must lie somewhere in the balance of these four.
10.0 10.0/10
Dark & mysterious! My signature fragrance
EDP! Midnight Poison is a dark, seductive, sensual, creepy, yet well constructed fragrance. It has 1 of thee best openings of a frag I have smelled in a long time. I am not a fan of Roses, yet in MP it is so well blended that I do not mind it.

The patchouli is dominant towards the end with the rose & citrus still lingering along to create a sexy masterpiece! It last all day or night & it has good projection. What more can you ask for?

Many women find this to be to masculine for them & I will agree that it is more masculine than feminine. Dior missed the mark on this 1 as it should have been named Midnight Poison Pour Homme! Men go check this out & if you like it buy it for your girlfriend & or wife & if she does not like it, you can keep it for yourself! Everybody wins with Midnight Poison! Gorgeous deep blue bottle as well! Dior deserves a standing round of applause for there work here!

Jazzy76 11 months ago
A well balanced and intense fragrance in a wonderful blue bottle which reminds of the night.I adored this perfume unfortunately discontinued+1

Discussions about Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum)

GeorgeMaras in Perfume Consulting

... er suchte sie - - und folgte ihr .... fand nur noch ihren Schuh -, und ein Schleier ihres betörenden Duftes zog sich durch die nachtblaue Luft ... er spürte fast noch ihren Atem  - - ihr Mitternachtsgift hatte seine Wirkung nicht verfehlt. ;))
by Tahnee