Midnight Poison 2007Eau de Parfum

Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Bottle Design Véronique Monod
Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2007. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Mandarin orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesRose
Base Notes Base NotesAmber, Patchouli, Vanilla

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 12.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Eva Green, photographed by Sølve Sundsbø.

The Poisons secret orchard
Every poison I have tested seems to contain a secret fruit note that is not listed anywhere.
With Pure Poison it is carambola (star fruit), with Poison it is dark grapes with a blueberry note, only here I cannot identify them. It's definitely something bright and sour, like sour gummy wine rings. Peach or nectarine? Apple or pear? It seems to be somewhere between these notes.
Unfortunately, there are not so many possibilities to get to the bottom of this. Every drop could be the last in the world.

That's why I was overjoyed when I was allowed to sniff another almost empty Mini the other day. That's exactly how I remembered the smell. A Fruitchouli in the style of Coco Mademoiselle, but deeper, more angular and with more interesting notes, not just banal orange and rose (nothing against orange and rose, but the theme is already a bit worn out!) I also smell jasmine, and I'm pretty sure that there are peony and currant notes hidden here, because there is a very subtle greenish herbaceous impression, with this aroma of moist flower stems, which I only know from peonies.

At the same time it goes a bit into a "golden" direction like D&G The One, but much more subtle. Midnight Poison especially doesn't have that hairspray touch that can look so pretentious and dolled up on The One. If I knew what exactly is responsible for this impression, it might be less interesting - but maybe not.

I don't smell patchouli very strongly, but I am probably a little hardened, so many of my perfumes have patchouli in the base that I sometimes don't even notice it consciously anymore Chypre? Gloomy? No idea. I find it simply beautiful and unique. I'll never understand why this one in particular was hired.
And I will always be angry that I didn't buy a bottle at that time. Or better yet, ten in advance.
Paris91
Your blue poison on my skin
Citrusy and fresh, you start the fragrance experience. Completely unexpected at your appearance. Do you dare so dark and heavy to.

Beautiful is your color as well as your name. But too beautiful to wear only at midnight.
But at dusk, your Majesty of Poisons fits you perfectly.
You smell spicy, slightly floral with a hint of the Orient. But you're always elegant. That has charm.
In the beginning you may seem innocent and a little distant that confuses, but from time to time you get darker and heavier. Showing the mysterious in you.

Passionate and sensual it hits the point with you, you dark blue beauty.
The blossoming rose is not black, no it is dark red, red and red, velvety and intense. She is truly audacious and pompous.
With your base, you seem fascinating, mysterious. You beguile your wearer and give in self-confidence in every phase of his life.
You made me like Patchouli, because in this compilation he fits perfectly.

You attract me magically. Like the light the moths. You're the true seduction in my collection, and I won't let you go. I'll keep you like a treasure.
You were really expensive, because you don't exist anymore, but you have drawn me under your spell.
JulieFä91
The poison of the night and its power
In the dark, we know, there's a good rumor,
While up the stars sparkle,
So it also shone in my face,
When I saw this little thing, what a poem.
Sweet and warm in the background,
If I led the juice to my mouth.
Shockingly bitter, no ecstasy,
I tried the nose.
And lo and behold, it has succeeded
The poison got into my head.
I'm surprised, the scent is all bitter,
That I won't die of the poison.
I'll try again,
And the scent becomes floral.

Doesn't it last too long,
That's not an off-the-shelf thing.
It lasts three and a half hours,
I'll have to spray again.
Rarely is the poison of the night,
That makes me really happy.
Sparks do not jump over,
At least I won't die sooner.

Wild horses
This is one dark horse on the run to wild pastures!

Mysterious, spicy warm, feminine out of the ordinary. There are no white flowers here, no chirping fruit or sugars, no safety net for those who ride it.

Just the dark velvet of the night on the way to exotic dreams!
An absolute "I am (different)" charming its way to your mind and will.

10/10 from me!

Modern Patchouli Rose
The opening of Midnight Poison is actually quite sweet, like a mixture of fruits and flowers, but fortunately with a well elaborated subtlety. It then gradually evolves into a rose-amber scent spiced up by patchouli. I also get a tease of pepper, which reminds me of a phase of Perles de Lalique drydown. The whole fragrance is more on the dry side to my nose. The vanilla here does not contribute to a creamy texture. The sillage is relatively close but it holds on well on my skin.

Well, I don't find MP particularly dark or masculine. If it was marketed in the bottle of Pure Poison or Tendre Poison, I would not be surprised. It's not difficult to wear, nor is it very complicated. However, I see it a fragrance that helps bringing out one's own personality, a fragrance with caracters and attitude without being pretentious, like a well crafted leather jacket.
"Darker than night"
first comes to my mind when I look at the Midnight Poison bottle and here this magical effect already takes its start - every time I sink into this deep, intoxicating atmosphere of the fragrance...

With Midnight Poison I have found a fragrance that gives me its mysterious,
Subtle, inexplicable at first glance. He who inspires, attunes to the mysticism of life, awakens long-forgotten memories, something you are unconscious of. Rational things are paralyzed in the process. The perfume has something surreal.
These are very fine emotions and feelings that Midnight Poison triggers, which unfortunately get lost in the hustle and bustle of everyday life, so I often try to wear the scent at home, so that I can perceive and enjoy the wonder essence more.

The beautiful gothic rose (which could be exactly the colour of the bottle), a fresh and cooling (reminds me of Camphor) chord intertwined with patchouli and amber.....what a beguiling mixture!
It's a special magic that flows out of the bottle and you can't resist it so easily.
This is also the deep blue colour that accentuates the character of the perfume even more.
A true magic elixir!

When I wear Midnight Poison I don't want to talk much because I want the fragrance to speak for me. I feel dissolved in this perfume and am absolutely "enchanted".
Midnight Poison is prepared like a noble mixture with secret ingredients, which has a great effect and power.

An ingenious masterpiece, which unfortunately, like many other great fragrance creations, is no longer available..
I wish you all, who like Midnight Poison, many unforgettable and enchanting moments with this perfume!
2.5

Medicinal
I have had a serious ugly disease, have been a lot in the hospital.
My signature fragrance is the original poison which I adore, but this one, yuck...no way....the first impression was a reminder to that ugly disease with its medicines, the operation, the treatment afterwards, and hospital smell. No, nothing for me....real medicine smell and very bad memories. Why does one make a "fragrance" that smells like the treatment for bad diseases...maybe I didn't leave it on long enough, but I could not stand that fragrance any longer, had to scrub it off.
I am sorry for my opinion and I apologise to the people who love it, maybe it is just bad for me and on me...but this does not work for me, although I am rather a Dior fan..

Body Chemistry is Everything
Try as I might, I can not get Midnight Poison to work on me. Often it seems medicinal, other times camphorous. Parfum, edp & lotion - I've had the same experience with them all, and each of those bottles came from a different supplier. It took me a long time to concede that Midnight Poison was unwearable.

If there isn't cedar in here, it sure does wear that way on me. Patchouli is a listed note, and although it's not among my favorite accords, I usually don't have problems wearing patchouli. However, I frequently have problems with cedar, particularly in masculines. I swear, Midnight Poison has cedar, which might help explain why so many guys like this. Cedar.

I think Midnight Poison is one of those fragrances that comes down to body chemistry. Thankfully, original Poison & Hypnotic Poison are fantastic on me. Unfortunately, Midnight Poison is anything but. It's a rose-tinged, cedar cough syrup on me.
2.5

Jagged and rusted from age Vines upon a Sunless shady
Garden wall where no sun ever Penetrates, As we enter
the middle of Midnight Cold Saturnine Patchouli comes
steeping to our senses Conjours Cold marbled Angels
weeping upon tombstones crying tears of blood at a
Cematary Vanilla Supports the bottom of midnight
Makes the Drydown sweet, I dectect an Obscure spaseness
of Incense brings a sense of Esoteric Veritas.

Midnight Poison is a Somnambulist Who is Comdemed to Sleep
for Eternity in her dark Crypt.

Gothic masterpiece
Midnight Poison is quite a fascinatingly complex scent.

The scent itself is rather heavy and strong. There is an intriguing blend of amber, spices, patchouli, citrus and classic rose throughout.

At first sniff you realise that this is something different, something mysterious. You'll find yourself overwhelmed by dark, woodsy undertones, exotic spices and a syrupy-like sweetness.

There's a certain sense of masculinity in this fragrance, however with that being said, I do still think this scent wears well on women. Midnight Poison commands attention. It is bold, dark, sensual, smooth, dramatic and intriguing.

I particularly love the smokey, almost 'incensey' quality this fragrance creates when worn on the skin. The dark, midnight blue coloured bottle certainly portrays what is yet to come, a potent potion for the brave and daring woman.

Midnight Poison is a long-lasting and incredibly tempting fragrance that is difficult to resist.

Carlitos01Carlitos01 10 months ago
I never understood why YSL discontinued this rose patchouli feminine gem. The best YSL for ladies in my opinion.
Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
A well balanced and intense fragrance in a wonderful blue bottle which reminds of the night.I adored this perfume unfortunately discontinued

Discussions about Midnight Poison (Eau de Parfum)

GeorgeMaras in Perfume Consulting

... die Geister der Ahnen  - sie mahnen -  vor dem Gift  der Mitternacht  .. ;)) .. für Frehys Halloween-Gruselkabinett ......
by IrisNobile
A silent night, calm and bright, und der Schnee rieselt leis
by Tahnee
by Tahnee
by Sweetsmell75
by Sweetsmell75
... er suchte sie - - und folgte ihr .... fand nur noch ihren Schuh -, und ein Schleier ihres betörenden Duftes zog sich durch die nachtblaue Luft ... er spürte fast noch ihren Atem  - - ihr Mitternachtsgift hatte seine Wirkung nicht verfehlt. ;))
Toxic Snow
by ChatonNoir
Expedition Tiefseetauchen :Auf dem Meeresgrund liegt ein undichter Behälter, aus dem eine giftige Substanz austritt.
by KatharinaG
by Philosykos
by Lorilavira
by Lorilavira

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior