Miss Dior (2019) Eau de Toilette

Version from 2019
Miss Dior (2019) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior / Christian Dior

Miss Dior (2019) (Eau de Toilette) is a new perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2019. The scent is floral-sweet. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBlood orange, Mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Lily-of-the-valley, Grasse Rosa centifolia
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli

Submitted by Rinana, last update on 08.10.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is actress Natalie Portman.

9.0 7.0 8.0 8.5/10

Clear the stage for the new production of 'Miss Dior
In 1947, the extremely attractive Miss Dior opened the master's round dance of great perfumes. At the same time Christian Dior presented his first large fashion collection "Corolle" and became famous in one fell swoop. Later it will be claimed that he saved Paris so shortly after the war. He himself said about his creative ideas: "Europe has had enough of bombs, it wants fireworks."

Well, Miss is no fireworks - maybe she was at the time, but she is still very pretty, very attractive, very dressing today, in 2019. The fragrance combines wonderful qualities: it is sparkling, fresh, luminous in its fragrance, which reminds me of a cream of tangerine with a delicious splash of orange. This delicious balm is served on a tray of rosewood. In any case, I imagine myself seeing and smelling exactly this dense and smooth wood in its inner condition. Maybe because it's listed in the older versions of Miss Dior, that might be that it influenced me.
Rosewood is one of the most valuable woods of all. It is of great importance in musical instrument making because of its density, hardness and excellent sound properties for marimba and xylophone. It is also used in guitar making for the fingerboard. In any case, I am familiar with the smell of wood, as I have sometimes watched an instrument maker in the workshop.
With this combination of tangerine, dark bitter orange and rosewood the smart Miss enters the parquet. The stage is decorated with many bouquets of roses, their colour alternating white and brightest pink. Every rose smells very delicate, very quiet and you have to get a place in the front rows to enjoy these rose petals in your piano.

The Miss gets going - refreshed by the delicious fruit and inspired by the rose blossom magic. First bouquets of flowers fall at her feet, which she cleverly picks up during her performance and immediately thanks the audience in a charming way. Nothing can bring them out of step; on the contrary, the small bouquets of jasmine and lily of the valley wrapped in white ribbons seem to inspire them. With a graceful gesture she throws them to the edge of the stage, where they disappear inconspicuously. It goes on and on... A warm, discreetly sweet and noble patchouli oil now occupies the room and combines harmoniously with the other facets.

I find this new Miss Dior on the one hand modern, perhaps because of her lightness and fresh, flowery brightness. On the other hand, there is something that takes me back to my girlhood and seems nostalgic to me. The scent triggers very pleasant memories in me. So I see in my inner eye the trips my father made with my brothers and sisters and me. We drove to the Ruhr, spread out a large blanket of wool in the clearing, picnicked and played badminton. Sometimes visits to a garden restaurant typical of the 70s and 80s were also planned. There stood the tables covered with white cloths in the middle of the green meadow. One could borrow rowing boats or admire the fountain of a small stone fountain. It magnetically attracted us kids...

That was a very nice time. I loved these trips where we were nicely dressed for Sunday and later served politely and courteously in the café at the table, just like the grown-ups. And I love this enchanting scent, which gives me these experiences of security and uncomplicatedness from childhood 'felt' again.

The bottle also speaks of exactly this feeling: the glass, which is tied at the top like a silver metal bow, is girlish, delicate, chic and of simple elegance. It works very well and for me as a romantic it is a feast for the eyes. Originally, the perfume was packaged in a small amphora from Baccarat. Then Christian Dior came up with the idea of a glass flacon with the relief of a dog-tooth pattern. At that time it was also a real bow made of silk ribbon in white....

I find the shelf life quite good: the first three hours I notice the fragrance intensively on me, then it becomes very close and that remains so for another two to three hours. It's good for an eau de toilette, I mean. I think the Sillage is wonderful - at first the fruity freshness and the gentle fragrance roses radiate very beautifully together with the briefly flaming white-flowered flowers. Rosewood and a noble unobtrusive Pachouli stabilize the further course, but I feel more and more alone with the friendly Miss and her nostalgic flair
***

Finally, I say from the heart of our dear "Lilau": Thank you for your generous and surprising gift of the hearty flacon that still emanates something of the pretty Miss Dior. You've given me great pleasure!

Trucklady 32 days ago
Has a strange hold over me. Gentle, hopeful, unpretentious. Clean notes and clear intention. No blurring like the edp.+1
6.0
6.0

wir haben uns angefreundet, die mit Rosen überschüttete Miss und ich...
by Santalwalti
This is the new roller ball vessel called Perle de Parfum, containing the 2019 version of Miss Dior EdT.
by Silvija