Miss Dior Chérie (2005) Eau de Parfum

Version from 2005
Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior

Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH.

Christine Nagel

Top Notes Top NotesPineapple, Cherry, Mandarin, Wild strawberry
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine, Caramel, Popcorn, Rose, Violet
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergris, Musk, Patchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 08.09.2019

Originally Miss Dior Chérie was an Eau de Parfum by Christine Nagel. In 2007 an Eau de Toilette was issued. Both were reworked by François Demachy (EdP in 2011, EdT in 2010) and ultimately renamed into Miss Dior (EdP in 2012, EdT in 2013). The original Miss Dior (1947) is distinguished by the addition of 'Original(e)'.

Lola82Lola82 8 years ago

„Carmel Cover Popcorn ”

These are one of those perfumes that has to grow on me like when i was at a mall department store and tried this on a test card and it smells buttery...
SherapopSherapop 8 years ago

„There Must Have Been a Mix-up at the Nursery!”

10.0 6.0 8.0 8.5/10

Finally mine :)
Miss Dior Cherie has never let go of me completely. I really wanted the scent back then. But before I could buy him, he was replaced. I couldn't do anything with all the misses after that. Ok, I only know the Miss of 2012 and 2017. Both have a resemblance to the Coco Mademoiselle. Not a bad smell, but not my case. Now after a long time comments have appeared here again and my longing was there again, because it seems to be really great ;).

When I recently talked to a colleague about it, she told me that she had the 2005 version and gave me a bottle. Now I am finally owner of 30 ml of the Cherie and must of course add my mustard ;)

Cherie starts - as expected with the ingredients - very fruity, also slightly acidic (probably due to pineapple and mandarin). No Miss Dior recognizable to me. Jackpot!
After approx. 10 min the strawberry comes through. I thought I'd smell them right away, according to the comments. The cherry doesn't necessarily appear with me. In general, the fragrance is very mature and not as sweet as it was so often mentioned in the statements.

When the heart note comes through, the fragrance becomes slightly floral, even with popcorn! The sweet one's going back. Stay in the background. Beautifully flowery, light, pleasantly fruity. Really great for spring and summer.

The Sillage is not really the madness, durability however top. My wrist smelled like Cherie even after the shower.

I can understand a lot of people here. I can't understand why they took that one off the market either. For me, the most beautiful of all misses. He's tender, romantic and not too sweet at all. Well, that's a matter of taste, but with the brightly coloured sugar scents that are currently coming onto the market, this one is almost herb here :D

The 30 ml I will definitely guard like a treasure :)
9.0 7.0 8.0 9.5/10

CandyScent
I have found a treasure..
...and it bears Christian's name.

Rarely have I researched so intensively on the Internet about a fragrance as about Miss Dior (Chérie). For its relatively short existence on the market, this little water has a rather eventful history:

Numerous reformulations, name changes, different designs of the bottle... The latter in particular can drive you crazy! No label, white label, pink label. Label "normal" glued on, label inserted in a kind of glass frame... WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

So it took me a long time to figure out which layout belongs to which version. Fortunately, in the depths of the Internet, there are some very helpful threads, almost instructions on how to find and correctly identify your personal object of desire.

My object of desire here was clearly the original version. Because of the popcorn note, of course. It's just this one that I already got to know and love with my signature scent "Pure XS for Her".

Miss Dior Chérie starts off sweet and fruity through and through. At the forefront is the strawberry, which doesn't seem as artificial as you might think. (Luckily I don't notice any pineapple!) After a short time it starts to "pop" happily... The aforementioned popcorn enters the scene and gives the fragrance a carnival-like sweetness, which interestingly enough doesn't look childish or even cheap.

In the further course a few flowers are added, which give the fragrance a slightly salty note in a special way. I had already noticed this phenomenon earlier at Lancoms "Poême (Eau de Parfum)".
(If the popcorn hadn't appeared as sugared before, you could get the impression it was salty.)

H+S are, even after all these years, luckily still top in shape! I perceive the scent all day long, without it killing me or my environment. The bottle manages the balancing act between noble and playful, which I particularly like. Here the quality of Dior speaks for itself again.

Since I have a quite large collection and like to change scents, I am not really inclined to hamster purchases. Not even if a fragrance has already been set. Here, however, I break with this habit. I would like to enjoy MDC as long as possible and I have, much to the detriment of the holiday fund, properly bunkered. Unfortunately, today's Miss Dior has nothing to do with her big sister anymore... :-(
9.0/10

Kleopatra
This Frollein has conquered my heart as well
This fragrance, so highly praised by many people, unexpectedly came to me at the flea market. This is probably the original version with the silver bow and the silver big writing. Since I once had another Miss Dior Chérie version that I didn't like at all and I'm also happy with my Miss Dior from 2017, I didn't have any big expectations. But I didn't want to leave the bottle standing either.

I tested it at home. A sprayer. Out of the living room, back in again, madness, what smells so great here? Miss was. Smells beautiful on my arm, but also in the room. So light, but still intense (a sprayer!), so fresh, but also sweet (but also not ZU sweet). So flowery, but still beautiful ;)

In comparison with Miss Dior 2017 EDP - even if this comparison is a bit limp, of course - more transparent, translucent, like a chiffon scarf that flutters softly in the spring wind, with a more subtle patchouli note. There's supposed to be strawberries and popcorn in it. If I hadn't thought of it on my own. The whole makes it good that this great fragrance comes across so soft and soft. Perfect for spring and cooler summer days or evenings.

It is quite irritating how many different versions Miss Dior has had over the years - not only EDPs and EDTs, but also L'Eaus with and without Chérie in different vintages. It's really hard to keep track of things there.

I can now understand anyone who is trailing behind this special 2005 version, because this perfume is truly an extraordinarily enchanting fragrance. Although I thought, I would not need both misses, but I have changed my opinion, because this little darling here will definitely give me a lot of joy!
5.0 5.0 8.0 6.5/10

Strawberry Jam
Miss Dior Cherie opens with a slightly soapy fruity scent, featuring pineapple, cherries, and a lot of strawberries. To me, it's essentially a strawberry fragrance. For the first 4 hours, the strawberries smell boozy and volatile, not the fresh juicy ones that every young girls can taste, but more like cocktail that requires a certain age to be able to drink.

I was not able to pick caramel or popcorn note distinctively. But I assume that they contributed in the strawberry jam feeling after about 6 hours of wearing. The flowers are difficult to perceive on me. The patchouli is not very evident either, but it certainly helps adding depth to the playful strawberry.

The longevity is excellent. After 12 hours I can still the amber base. The sillage is good in the first 4 or 5 hours then stays close to skin until the end. Bright, playful and full of delight, it definitely worths a try. But beware, it's quite sweet though, plus the volatile texture, you may not want to overapply.
6.0 7.0 7.0 5.0/10

Sweet and Fruity---Nothing Like the Original
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Violet, Caramel, Popcorn.

Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Amber.

I wore the original Miss Dior in the early 1980s. It was very delicate and feminine with fresh green and floral notes and a smidgen of expensive smelling leather. It was youthful yet mature and sophisticated. By way of contrast, Miss Dior Cherie smells like a candy shoppe--very sickly sweet and sticky smelling. Personally, I do not want to smell like a candy shoppe, but for those who do, Cherie is for you. Cherie may have been the fragrance for which the term "fruitcholi" was originally coined.

Dior has reformulated Miss Dior at two more times. The next incarnation is Miss Dior (new) which is a citrus and patchouli bomb that I do not find easy to wear. I have to be in the right mood with the right frame of mind to wear it. The most recent incarnation is Miss Dior Le Parfum. I very much like Le Parfum. This newest formulation is a sophisticated, sexy, womanly scent with wonderful rose and amber notes. The original Miss Dior is now called Miss Dior Originale, and I would still recommend it. I think Dior should have named all of the subsequent Miss Diors something different because none of them smell even remotely like the original, and giving them such similar names has only served to confuse and irritate most people.

Ratings for Cherie are as follows.

Fragrance: 4/10
Sillage: 6.5/10
Projection: 6.5/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
2.5 5.0 5.0 7.0/10

Charm married Fruits
I was searching a fresh fragrance, what can be used every day for work. I forget about wearing it, and sometimes it surprises me with its presence. I found this perfume in MISS DIOR CHÉRIE.

Top notes: only fruits. Very promising, and will not betray the buyer: fresh peelings generate a creamy yet greenish mixture. Caramel and popcorn: they grant only their resinous smack, but don't expect a gourmand excursion. Musk dominate the drydown, unfortunately it is not my favourite note, I would give higher rate if amber or patchouly were emphasized, but MISS DIOR CHÉRIE is an easy-to-wear, nice fragrance even with musk.

Many thanks to Agnou for the generously portioned sample!
10.0 5.0 7.5 8.0/10

Slender and chic
When I wear this flowery perfume, I have visions of a fashionable lady in a Dior outfit just like the ones he created in the Fifties. Women wore pencil skirts and put on make-up and sprayed on a scent that radiated elegance.

A fresh opening of mandarin notes lead into the heart where soft jasmine and sparkling rose notes are blended in an ebullient way. There is nothing shy about this perfume, it makes its presence known. Although there is oakmoss listed, I don't smell much of it, rather a lingering patchouli theme with a touch of amber. Sandalwood and vetiver? I don't know ... have never been good at describing notes.

This is an agreeable perfume - more suited for the young, or maybe, for the young at heart. Crisp and clean - with a stylish outfit for office wear. A daytime perfume ... leave the other Diors for the night.
7.5 7.5 3.0/10

There Must Have Been a Mix-up at the Nursery!
If MISS DIOR CHERIE is supposed to be the descendant of MISS DIOR, then there must have been a mix-up at the nursery. All that MISS DIOR has given to MISS DIOR CHERIE are her swaddling clothes!

MISS DIOR CHERIE opens very sweet, along the lines of pineapple upside-down cake. All of the ingredients are present: the caramelized sugar at the bottom of the pan, the rings of baked pineapple, the maraschino cherry decorations dotting the center of the rings, and the moist white cake--created out of patchouli and popcorn notes.

From there, MISS DIOR CHERIE just gets sweeter, culminating in a sticky, canned pineapple juice drydown, as though a waiter carrying tall cylindrical bright-orange-and-pink-umbrella-topped cocktail glasses across the room tripped, dousing my neck and décolleté with a heavily pineapple juice-laden concoction. He offers me a wet towel, but after a diligent wiping down, the sweet stickiness remains and will only leave with the aid of a long, hot bath.

If MISS DIOR CHERIE is a chypre perfume, then Twinkies must be health food. Désolée!

Lovely
Hi Dears,
My heart have been very sad this one was reformulated. But I found very wonderfull sister for Miss Dior Cherie (2005) and its Galimard`s new Songeries. I have cherie in my other wrist and songeries in another and I assure You can not say witch one is cherie and withc songeries. And I got comforted my heart. This is very Joyfull, happy, sunny, and energic scent. And I love its positive nature and soul. **
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Antidepressant!
Miss Dior Cherie is great!
Fragrance full of life, so joyful and bright, it would work like a good antidepressant!
Can't imagine someone wearing MDC and being sad or in a bad mood!
It's very sweet and creamy, like a candy :)
I don't actually feel cheries in it, but strawberries.
My hb always says I smell like a drunk when I wear it, but I don't mind. At least I'm one happy "drunk" ;)
2.0/10

Disgustingly Sweet Bleh
OMG, confectionery sweet. Too sweet. Disgustingly sweet BLEH! And I have a sweet tooth!

Wish I got the popcorn note, but I get that at the movie theatre all the time! I can hold out for the next State Fair for my fix of Caramel Corn.

Huge thumbs down. Way down. Not a good representation of Christine Nagel's otherwise excellent creations.

Feb
2011
5.0 7.5 7.5 7.0/10

Carmel Cover Popcorn
These are one of those perfumes that
has to grow on me like when i was at a
mall department store and tried this on
a test card and it smells buttery to me
so it wasn't Love at first sniff.

tested again and i Liked it maybe for a
few reasons it smelled different at the
department store 1. i was testing it on a piece of paper and 2. and i heard that some perfumes go bad in department
stores and they have to be replaced due
to exposure i think.

The opening starts with a Blast of Pineapple in a few minutes sweet succulent strawberries comes to the picture Caramel is the Basenote the drydown has a buttery Finish.
i Can't detect any floral note in this.

It has a Childlike Naivete that is
a world apart from other more mature
deeper scents it's like a candy popcorn
and chocolate shop in a small French town almost like the Movie Amilie.
it's a very whimsical scent
It brings the child out within us.
7.5 7.5 7.5 8.0/10

Helpful Review
The original; the best
I do still like this fragrance, I always have, but there is something about it that isn't urging me to buy it.

Miss Dior Cherie is most definitely fruity and sweet, and certainly aimed at a younger crowd. The scent itself is quite complex and strong. The pineapple and strawberry wine notes seem to dominate this fragrance. Surprisingly I consider Miss Dior Cherie a boozy type of scent; something that would blend in well when worn to a bar.

Unfortunately I don't see myself buying this because, for starters, I have far too many fruity scents, and secondly, I'm needing a more sophisticated, wintry scent for the colder months. (This version of Miss Dior Cherie is no longer sold and has been replaced by a more watered-down version of Miss Dior Cherie, minus the strawberry and popcorn).

by Cincy