Miss Dior Chérie 2005 Eau de Parfum

Version from 2005
Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Miss Dior Chérie (2005) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2005. The scent is floral-sweet. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Christine Nagel

VioletViolet
Base Notes Base NotesAmbergrisAmbergris
MuskMusk
PatchouliPatchouli

Submitted by Kankuro, last update on 07.09.2021.

Originally Miss Dior Chérie was an Eau de Parfum by Christine Nagel. In 2007 an Eau de Toilette was issued. Both were reworked by François Demachy (EdP in 2011, EdT in 2010) and ultimately renamed into Miss Dior (EdP in 2012, EdT in 2013). The original Miss Dior (1947) is distinguished by the addition of 'Original(e)'.

A scent to bite into..
One thing must be said right at the beginning or asked differently, why has this perfume been discontinued?
I tested it many times and ultimately never took it home, because I thought, the fragrance will not run away. Yeah, I guessed wrong on that one.
Just missed is just also over.
Now to the perfume: It is simply delicious, just to bite.
Somehow it is a gourmand.
That's why I probably and ultimately hesitated too long.
I love this airy wadded sugary note that is supposed to be reminiscent of popcorn.
Could never have said that this note is supposed to smell like popcorn, though, since I don't eat that.
The whole fruit notes would dislike me as a rule, but here they are just successful, it crackles downright.
The only notes that are floral and recognizable to me are violet and jasmine. The rose note has been inserted here merely for support.
A touch of caramel rounds off this cheerful fragrance, which exudes a lot of joie de vivre without drifting into the kitschy.
Patchouli hears my nose only very subtly, the amber is in my opinion rather the defining note in the base.
I wish all who call this Edp their property, a lot of fun with this loose fragrance.
I have always enjoyed testing this fragrance and I regret that I have never bought a bottle.
Sometimes modesty is a mistake after all, but only extremely rarely.
Somehow, I should have just taken it with me.
I often wonder which of the numerous new Miss Dior variants, is the right one for me, I will probably end up with the original, as that sweet gourmand note, from the fragrance I just commented on, is just rare to find. I am not a fan of the gourmand genre, but here it has been embodied well, but not too loudly

Fruity popcorn babe
Ahh! This is heaven.

I meant to write this review many times, but then forgot. So here it goes today...

Miss Dior Cherie 2005 is simply one of the best fragrances ever made.
I am the happy owner (lucky, lucky me!) of a full 100ml of this marvelous, enticing, divine concoction that opens with a wild, wet strawberry - the pineapple gives it that wet vibe, I believe, toning slightly the tarty babe here - AND popcorn. YUP! It is really a popcorn note there at the back.

The initial fuzz goes on about half an hour, and relaxes only to give space to a subtle, sleek but deep musk with a hint of caramel and mandarin orange. This is very distinct a note from the more common orange, it has depth and it is soapier, maintaining the character of her distant cousin (the orange). Patchouli is there, but overall not at all as prominently as the duo opening the dance.

And what a waltz!!! The cherry note is way at the back, if you can perceive it at all. Almost mute, hiding in the background, like the fussy violet they used to create this masterpiece. They are both there to back the other notes; they are an incredibly well balanced whisper. And I say this because cherry has a slightly sour soul, which here is not showing one bit.

To me, the protagonists are wild strawberry, pineapple and popcorn, backed in order by mandarin orange/musk combo, a tad of amber and jasmine/patchouli just a drop.

Miss Dior Cherie 2005 is a must for lovers of fruity musk, because that mandarin orange works wonders with it and the opening trio is just incredible with its backing. Perfect for mid-spring through early fall, day mainly but if you can afford to spray with abandon then evening too (and it would definitely give you an entrance anywhere!). NO age restriction here: from teen to more mature any woman can wear this fragrance and feel joyous, fresh, classy and mostly, pleased to be a woman. This fragrance is the epitome of joie de vivre.

11 out 10, because they do not make them like this anymore! But then, Dior is Dior and if there's any house that knows how to work a floral into a class number, it is this one in my humble opinion. Like no other ever did, or can (I may be biased, because Diorissimo and Pure Poison are my other two great loves).

PS: I sprayed it on today at 1pm and right now it is still there - 8 hours and though not in your face my husband could smell it, and so do I. Top sillage and longevity.
For information - the popcorn note was removed in subsequent reformulations of this fragrance. That is why the 2005 formula, aka the original one, is the most sought after, together with the 2012 formulation which has better sillage and kept that note. I own all Miss Dior Cherie and they are my favourites by miles.

Note: nostalgic of this number could try Rose Elixir of Montale. It's her twin sister and could do very well for a substitute - I did a side by side test ;-)
Heartbreaker
This fragrance has already conquered my 15-year-old heart at that time.
The combination of popcorn and strawberry, which could otherwise be so banal, but here always has the elegance of a high-quality fragrance. Fresh, like a breath of spring, but still very soft and gentle due to the light sweetness. The fragrance has a certain tenderness in itself, which I fell in love with very much. Anyway, I found it perfectly suitable for a young lady! :-) ( Of course I thought I was already very grown up ;-) ) .
All the more my 20-year-old heart was then broken when I discovered that my perfect scent had been quietly and secretly replaced by another, at most half as good, scent. And, to everyone's confusion, named it the same. In this new version (Miss Dior Chérie EDP 2011) there was no trace left of the soft, sweetish aroma of popcorn...
Unfortunately all successors of the Miss Dior Chérie 2005 never made it to this version for me.
The combination of popcorn and strawberry in such an elegant and pretty way was really unique.
Whoever still owns this treasure today should definitely guard it! :-)
Finally mine :)
Miss Dior Cherie has never let go of me completely. I really wanted the scent back then. But before I could buy him, he was replaced. I couldn't do anything with all the misses after that. Ok, I only know the Miss of 2012 and 2017. Both have a resemblance to the Coco Mademoiselle. Not a bad smell, but not my case. Now after a long time comments have appeared here again and my longing was there again, because it seems to be really great ;).

When I recently talked to a colleague about it, she told me that she had the 2005 version and gave me a bottle. Now I am finally owner of 30 ml of the Cherie and must of course add my mustard ;)

Cherie starts - as expected with the ingredients - very fruity, also slightly acidic (probably due to pineapple and mandarin). No Miss Dior recognizable to me. Jackpot!
After approx. 10 min the strawberry comes through. I thought I'd smell them right away, according to the comments. The cherry doesn't necessarily appear with me. In general, the fragrance is very mature and not as sweet as it was so often mentioned in the statements.

When the heart note comes through, the fragrance becomes slightly floral, even with popcorn! The sweet one's going back. Stay in the background. Beautifully flowery, light, pleasantly fruity. Really great for spring and summer.

The Sillage is not really the madness, durability however top. My wrist smelled like Cherie even after the shower.

I can understand a lot of people here. I can't understand why they took that one off the market either. For me, the most beautiful of all misses. He's tender, romantic and not too sweet at all. Well, that's a matter of taste, but with the brightly coloured sugar scents that are currently coming onto the market, this one is almost herb here :D

The 30 ml I will definitely guard like a treasure :)
CandyScent
I have found a treasure..
...and it bears Christian's name.

Rarely have I researched so intensively on the Internet about a fragrance as about Miss Dior (Chérie). For its relatively short existence on the market, this little water has a rather eventful history:

Numerous reformulations, name changes, different designs of the bottle... The latter in particular can drive you crazy! No label, white label, pink label. Label "normal" glued on, label inserted in a kind of glass frame... WAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

So it took me a long time to figure out which layout belongs to which version. Fortunately, in the depths of the Internet, there are some very helpful threads, almost instructions on how to find and correctly identify your personal object of desire.

My object of desire here was clearly the original version. Because of the popcorn note, of course. It's just this one that I already got to know and love with my signature scent "Pure XS for Her".

Miss Dior Chérie starts off sweet and fruity through and through. At the forefront is the strawberry, which doesn't seem as artificial as you might think. (Luckily I don't notice any pineapple!) After a short time it starts to "pop" happily... The aforementioned popcorn enters the scene and gives the fragrance a carnival-like sweetness, which interestingly enough doesn't look childish or even cheap.

In the further course a few flowers are added, which give the fragrance a slightly salty note in a special way. I had already noticed this phenomenon earlier at Lancoms "Poême (Eau de Parfum)".
(If the popcorn hadn't appeared as sugared before, you could get the impression it was salty.)

H+S are, even after all these years, luckily still top in shape! I perceive the scent all day long, without it killing me or my environment. The bottle manages the balancing act between noble and playful, which I particularly like. Here the quality of Dior speaks for itself again.

Since I have a quite large collection and like to change scents, I am not really inclined to hamster purchases. Not even if a fragrance has already been set. Here, however, I break with this habit. I would like to enjoy MDC as long as possible and I have, much to the detriment of the holiday fund, properly bunkered. Unfortunately, today's Miss Dior has nothing to do with her big sister anymore... :-(
Kleopatra
This Frollein has conquered my heart as well
This fragrance, so highly praised by many people, unexpectedly came to me at the flea market. This is probably the original version with the silver bow and the silver big writing. Since I once had another Miss Dior Chérie version that I didn't like at all and I'm also happy with my Miss Dior from 2017, I didn't have any big expectations. But I didn't want to leave the bottle standing either.

I tested it at home. A sprayer. Out of the living room, back in again, madness, what smells so great here? Miss was. Smells beautiful on my arm, but also in the room. So light, but still intense (a sprayer!), so fresh, but also sweet (but also not ZU sweet). So flowery, but still beautiful ;)

In comparison with Miss Dior 2017 EDP - even if this comparison is a bit limp, of course - more transparent, translucent, like a chiffon scarf that flutters softly in the spring wind, with a more subtle patchouli note. There's supposed to be strawberries and popcorn in it. If I hadn't thought of it on my own. The whole makes it good that this great fragrance comes across so soft and soft. Perfect for spring and cooler summer days or evenings.

It is quite irritating how many different versions Miss Dior has had over the years - not only EDPs and EDTs, but also L'Eaus with and without Chérie in different vintages. It's really hard to keep track of things there.

I can now understand anyone who is trailing behind this special 2005 version, because this perfume is truly an extraordinarily enchanting fragrance. Although I thought, I would not need both misses, but I have changed my opinion, because this little darling here will definitely give me a lot of joy!

Strawberry Jam
Miss Dior Cherie opens with a slightly soapy fruity scent, featuring pineapple, cherries, and a lot of strawberries. To me, it's essentially a strawberry fragrance. For the first 4 hours, the strawberries smell boozy and volatile, not the fresh juicy ones that every young girls can taste, but more like cocktail that requires a certain age to be able to drink.

I was not able to pick caramel or popcorn note distinctively. But I assume that they contributed in the strawberry jam feeling after about 6 hours of wearing. The flowers are difficult to perceive on me. The patchouli is not very evident either, but it certainly helps adding depth to the playful strawberry.

The longevity is excellent. After 12 hours I can still the amber base. The sillage is good in the first 4 or 5 hours then stays close to skin until the end. Bright, playful and full of delight, it definitely worths a try. But beware, it's quite sweet though, plus the volatile texture, you may not want to overapply.

Sweet and Fruity---Nothing Like the Original
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Pineapple, Cherry, Strawberry.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose, Violet, Caramel, Popcorn.

Base Notes: Musk, Patchouli, Amber.

I wore the original Miss Dior in the early 1980s. It was very delicate and feminine with fresh green and floral notes and a smidgen of expensive smelling leather. It was youthful yet mature and sophisticated. By way of contrast, Miss Dior Cherie smells like a candy shoppe--very sickly sweet and sticky smelling. Personally, I do not want to smell like a candy shoppe, but for those who do, Cherie is for you. Cherie may have been the fragrance for which the term "fruitcholi" was originally coined.

Dior has reformulated Miss Dior at two more times. The next incarnation is Miss Dior (new) which is a citrus and patchouli bomb that I do not find easy to wear. I have to be in the right mood with the right frame of mind to wear it. The most recent incarnation is Miss Dior Le Parfum. I very much like Le Parfum. This newest formulation is a sophisticated, sexy, womanly scent with wonderful rose and amber notes. The original Miss Dior is now called Miss Dior Originale, and I would still recommend it. I think Dior should have named all of the subsequent Miss Diors something different because none of them smell even remotely like the original, and giving them such similar names has only served to confuse and irritate most people.

Ratings for Cherie are as follows.

Fragrance: 4/10
Sillage: 6.5/10
Projection: 6.5/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
2.5

Charm married Fruits
I was searching a fresh fragrance, what can be used every day for work. I forget about wearing it, and sometimes it surprises me with its presence. I found this perfume in MISS DIOR CHÉRIE.

Top notes: only fruits. Very promising, and will not betray the buyer: fresh peelings generate a creamy yet greenish mixture. Caramel and popcorn: they grant only their resinous smack, but don't expect a gourmand excursion. Musk dominate the drydown, unfortunately it is not my favourite note, I would give higher rate if amber or patchouly were emphasized, but MISS DIOR CHÉRIE is an easy-to-wear, nice fragrance even with musk.

Many thanks to Agnou for the generously portioned sample!

Slender and chic
When I wear this flowery perfume, I have visions of a fashionable lady in a Dior outfit just like the ones he created in the Fifties. Women wore pencil skirts and put on make-up and sprayed on a scent that radiated elegance.

A fresh opening of mandarin notes lead into the heart where soft jasmine and sparkling rose notes are blended in an ebullient way. There is nothing shy about this perfume, it makes its presence known. Although there is oakmoss listed, I don't smell much of it, rather a lingering patchouli theme with a touch of amber. Sandalwood and vetiver? I don't know ... have never been good at describing notes.

This is an agreeable perfume - more suited for the young, or maybe, for the young at heart. Crisp and clean - with a stylish outfit for office wear. A daytime perfume ... leave the other Diors for the night.

by Cincy
by Mogli
by Sabi
by Sabi

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior