Miss Dior 2012Eau de Parfum

Version from 2012
Miss Dior (2012) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Miss Dior (2012) (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2012. The scent is floral-sweet. The longevity is above-average. It was last marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesItalian mandarin
Heart Notes Heart NotesJasmine sambac absolute
Base Notes Base NotesIndonesian patchouli, Musk

Submitted by Lilau, last update on 12.07.2020.

Originally Miss Dior Chérie was an Eau de Parfum by Christine Nagel. In 2007 an Eau de Toilette was issued. Both were reworked by François Demachy (EdP in 2011, EdT in 2010) and ultimately renamed into Miss Dior (EdP in 2012, EdT in 2013). The original Miss Dior (1947) is distinguished by the addition of 'Original(e)'.

Silca
Miss Dior from the bottle bank.
This afternoon I brought some bottles and cans to the local recycling yard/container and I was amazed when I saw a bottle of Miss Dior standing on top of the container, apparently the previous owner was too bad to just dispose of it. Well, tastes are different and maybe somebody can't do anything with it and therefore disposed of it. Tomorrow I will test the smell.

Safe Fruity Patchouli
Miss Dior opens with radiant mandarins, fresh and sweet, then mellows into a gentle patchouli-floral drydown. The mandarins are detectable throughout the wearing and give out a jam-like sweetness if sniffed close. The longevity is 7h+ and the sillage is close.

While the 2005 Cherie version is flirty and fun, this latest version is much less sweet, more serious and safer in various occasions, no wonder why some people might be disappointed in the later one. I personally prefer Cherie as I'm more attracted by sweet scents, but Miss Dior itself is still a well-blended fragrance and a crowd-pleaser.

Candied orange yumminess
I was given this little gem by one of my oldest friends, who told me her lungs "wig out" whenever she used it. Soooo...she gifted this almost-full bottle to her grateful perfumista friend!

This is not a super complex perfume; it does not change a lot from bottom to top--in my opinion--but that being said, it's pretty good. It's fresh and fruity at the top and very strong. For the first few hours, it really smells like candied orange, with a bit of ginger thrown in (though ginger isn't in the notes). I don't get a whole lot of the jasmine, honestly. The middle just seems sort of "honeyed" orange. And then it becomes a sweet-ish musk and then it's over. I don't understand how people are likening this to a "patchouli bomb" because I don't get much patch at all out of this one, and believe me when I say that my skin amplifies patch!!! Actually, I'm getting more of the patchouli from my clothes then my skin. Go figure.

The bottle is simple and elegant and has a nice houndstooth checkered bottom, which I see as a thoughtful touch. (Who ever looks at the bottom of a bottle?! Well, besides me.) I don't like the sprayer on this one. It is very focused and squirts a big blast in one little spot. I had to spray it 6 times just to get three sprays on my arm! I prefer sprayers that give off a misty cloud of fragranced goodness, then I walk through it to get the rest!

I applied three sprays to the back of my neck/hair, one spray to my chest/neck, and three sprays out of six actually landed on my arm. Sillage is stronger than average, and just shy of being overwhelming, IMO. Longevity is around 6-ish hours, though I must report that I was expecting longer because of the sillage at the first.

Overall, I give it a 7.5 out of 10. I like it and quite a bit, but it's not quite to my top shelf.

Patchouli and Citrus Bomb
Top Notes: Orange.

Heart Notes: Jasmine, Rose.

Base Notes: Patchouli, Musk.

The original Miss Dior was a soft, floral, feminine fragrance with a touch of high quality leather. I highly recommend the vintage original. I have not tried the new "Miss Dior Originale," so I have no idea how it compares to the vintage Miss Dior. Given the name, I expect that it is supposed to smell like the original Miss Dior; however, given IFRA regulations and reformulations, I rather doubt it smells exactly the same.

Dior has totally confused everyone with the renamings of "Miss Dior." As I understand it, the old "Miss Dior Cherie" has been reformulated and named simply "Miss Dior" eau de parfum now, much to the consternation of the "Miss Dior Cherie" lovers.

This review is for the current Miss Dior eau de parfum (new) which is a patchouli and citrus heavy fragrance. It smells nothing like Miss Dior Cherie's various instantiations, and it smells nothing like the vintage Miss Dior. It is a totally different fragrance altogether, and I believe it should have been given it a different name.

I wore Miss Dior (the original) in the early 1980s, and it was truly lovely--a very delicate and feminine floral. Eons later, or so it seemed, I tried Miss Dior Cherie and found it to be completely different from the original and not to my liking at all. Miss Dior Cherie was not even remotely similar to the original Miss Dior I knew and loved. Miss Dior Cherie was extremely sweet, fruity, and teeny bopper smelling.

Then, I discovered Miss Dior Le Parfum a couple of years or so ago at a department store. Now, Miss Dior Le Parfum (allegedly a limited edition fragrance) is a very nice, sophisticated amber and rose centric parfum worthy of the name Dior. It is gorgeous and definitely worth owning.

Of the listed notes, I detect neither rose, jasmine, nor musk in Miss Dior (new). As others have said before me, Miss Dior (new) reminds me a lot of Chanel Mademoiselle and Chanel Coco Noir, two other fragrances that are not to my taste, either, thanks to the heavy patchouli and citrus notes in both of them. (No offence intended to those who love either Mademoiselle and/or Coco Noir.)

Miss Dior (new) is obviously a high quality fragrance for patchouli and citrus lovers, but I find it to be rather linear. Its linearity combined with the heavy patchouli and citrus notes makes it somewhat less than likeable for me. I do not mind linearity, per se. For example, linear amber and sandalwood fragrances would be more to my taste. It is the strong, linear patchouli and citrus notes that ruin this fragrance for me.

Four small sprays on me last a solid six to eight hours before it turns into a skin scent. Projection and sillage are outstanding for the first four to six hours (I wish many of the fragrances I adore had this good of projection and sillage). I find it clings to clothing literally for days and days. This is a superior fragrance for patchouli and citrus lovers. The patchouli in this is quite clean, too. This fragrance smells young and expensive, but it is not for me.

I think Miss Dior (new) is best used on cold days/nights. I do not think it is truly office friendly. It is best used for evenings out. Even for an over-sprayer such as myself, two sprays of this fragrance are a bit much for day time use.

Fragrance Quality: 10/10
Fragrance: 6/10
Projection: 9.5/10
Sillage: 9.5/10
Longevity: 10/10

Similarity???
Am I the only one who thinks it smells like Coco Mademoiselle, sometimes I think they smell similar, I have both. It might be my brain playing tricks on me but I have had a few times the impression I smelled like Coco Mademoiselle, and I am very sure I took the correct bottle. I had it twice...

I also found a few months ago a miniature of the vintage, and first I thought it smelled heavy and dirty. I thought it might have turned, but after 30 minutes the most amazing good smell raised from my wrist. The new one of which I have a big bottle doesn't resemble at all to the vintage ( the one with the white and
black houndstooth band across the bottle)

Rickbr
The complicated thing of so much reeditions and flanker launchmentes of an specific fragrance like Miss Dior/Miss Dior Cherie is removing the straight virtue of the aroma that goes inside of it, which invariably ends being compared to other versions and usually not living up to the expectations of the ones that loved the previous version. This Miss Dior edition cannot be the candied popcorn that made the first Miss Dior Cherie so Lovely and it's not either the dry and mossy chypre of the original Miss Dior, but it's a great androginous chypre that could have been a Monsieur Dior if the brand wished it. It seems to be at the threshold of masculine and feminine compositions which put emphasis on sweet patchouli, musk and soft woods. It's not delicate, but it isn't either brute; it's not also very sweet, but very woody too. It cannot be the most original fragrance launched, but it has a good formula coeherence, balance and projection. I like how it seems great it slightly sweet, vanillic, musky and oriental aura, with something a little bit citric and floral too. Compared to other modern Chypres, like Coco Mademoiselle or Coco noir, it seems to be the least floral and sugary one. I think it's worth ignoring its complicated history and try it for what it has to offer for itself.
2.5
2.5

A Pleasing Scent That Disappears Too Quickly
I like the scent of the current Miss Dior. I cannot compare it to the others, tho. First whiff-is it fruity, a gourmand or a moss before settling into such a very pleasing scent?
It's very "Pink" in my mind and has a feminine feel to it. Kind of a whimsical fragrance to me.
It seems to slide right through from top to bottom so quickly I can hardly have time to appreciate its notes. Patchouli comes on quickly, a quality, thick, sticky green-leafed one that I can appreciate.
Unfortunately, Miss Dior doesn't stick around for too long. She jumps through her run as a perfume more like a cologne for me. An hour and a half and the muskiness that had settled is gone. All gone. Such a shame for a very pretty scent that I would have liked to own if it only had good longevity.
Miss Dior is classified as a floral chypre, but for the life of me, I just don't see that categorization. It is too weak on the mosses and doesn't have enough darkness to it.
While it lasted, I did enjoy it, tho, but I can't see re-applying every hour or so.

Miss Dior 2012
I received a sample of this in my order from Sephora. To be honest, I had a preconceived notion that I wasn't going to like it all that much for some reason. To my surprise and delight, I loved it! It's soft, smooth, understated, warm, unique and sophisticated. Very beautiful indeed! I already have a bottle of the 2011 Miss Dior Cherie and haven't even tried it yet. From what I gather it's a little sweeter than this, having the additional note of strawberry. I'm not sure if I will like it any better than this one or not. Nonetheless, I would not hesitate to buy a full bottle of this. I find this version easily unisex and a man would have no trouble at all pulling it off. One of the best newer scents I've tried in awhile!

Jazzy76Jazzy76 2 years ago
As feminin as a pink silk babydoll, it is a warm and charming perfume with a good sillage in a very nice bottle.
High price.
Bcars10Bcars10 3 years ago
Candied orange. Seems to have a bit of a ginger-y undertone, though that is not in the notes. I don't consider this a "patchouli bomb."
LexaLexa 3 years ago
Orange Patchouli elegant scent,great if you are a lover of Cheries and Mademoiselles(chanel and dior flankers).Wearable and all day fit.

by Andreas09
by InkiBlinki
by Isabelle1
by Isabelle1

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dioressence (Eau de Toilette) by Dior