Miss Dior Eau de Toilette Originale

Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior

Top 54 in Women's Perfume
Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) is a popular perfume by Dior for women. The release year is unknown. The scent is chypre-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Submitted by Profuma, last update on 12.07.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Miss Dior (Extrait de Parfum Original) by Dior, which differs in concentration.

FvSpee
CoViD comments, thirteenth piece: We are Miss!
It does not require any visionary skills, but only a glance at the score awarded to realize that I am enthusiastic about this fragrance and an enthusiastic comment awaits the inclined reader. Two limitations (or rather requirements) should be added for the sake of good order: Before a laudation like the one I now intend to give, I would normally test for a number of days; in this case, I left it at two days (under slightly modified conditions) on the skin and a separate test on a cotton handkerchief (my old grey Bundeswehr times, still top of the line). In times of epidemics, abbreviated procedures apply. And the scent to be celebrated here was bought by me here in the souk, where it was offered as "Miss Dior Originale EdT", but the specimen was labeled "Miss Dior EdT Vintage", which leaves the remote possibility that I had the original 1947 original in front of my nose. But I don't really believe that, and the difference in the formula should be small anyway.

This is sent ahead: ...Miss Dior is going to be one of my very, very big old Dior's Diorella is undoubtedly already very beautiful, Diorissimo is a wonderful, beautiful lily-of-the-valley fragrance (which, however, suits Spee's wife better than me), with Dioressence it's something like this: the original perfume, which is no longer produced today, is the most beautiful, most accomplished, most perfect perfume I've ever been able to smell (thanks to a dear co-parfuma); today's is still excellent, but every time the gap to the original version hurts a little. Miss Dior, probably the first fragrance in the series, although perhaps not as perfect as Dioressence, is the one I fell in love with immediately and absolutely.

Descriptively, there is not much to add to the previous reviews, especially the very excellent one by SchatzSucher: Miss Dior opens with a wonderful, beautifully tangy, almost bitter green, which is only slightly citrusy and into which at best very delicate floral clouds of heart note rise. As already noted elsewhere, the fragrance in the overture thus resembles "Vol de Nuit", but is (although hardly less powerful) somewhat more relaxed and brighter. The heart note, which fully develops after thirty to fifty minutes, has little to do with this opening, and is anything but the rich, heavy floral bouquet that one might expect from the pyramid. We find here a really enchanting, subtle and yet unique pearly, noble shimmering, actually only slightly floral fragrance; light, cheerful, mostly champagne-silvery, sometimes colourful, here almost sparkling, there almost powdery, always fine and delicate, but only sometimes seemingly fragile (then also of elastic strength). The third phase, which is again quite clearly separated, already very close now, perhaps from the fourth to the seventh hour, is like light spicy, beige-brown, and more than just a little bit reminiscent of the archetypal masculine barber freshness.

What holds these three seemingly completely disparate phases together for me (apart from the beauty of each of the paths) is the moderate coolness of the entire fragrance's course, its anything but glaring, but nevertheless quite bright luminosity and two "leg notes" that run through the entire course; firstly, a very slight mentholy freshness and then the ultra-classical, striking, austere and yet beautiful chypre bass. Yes, I really only perceive it (on the skin) as an overtone: on fabric it dominates everything.

Above all, however, there is a soul that holds "Miss Dior" together from within despite all the dynamics of development. Miss Dior is a young fragrance in the very best sense (I almost have to think of Nietzsche or Bergson, although that is not my philosophical direction): fresh, clear, full of élan vital: tense, cheerful power. It's one of the most unsnarled and, despite its complexity, unfuzzy scents I know. Certainly Miss Dior is also a feminine fragrance (far from all the relevant clichés, it is not in the least sweet and only very moderately flowery), but in this beautiful young lady lives not only an experienced soul (so that her games do not lack seriousness and intelligence), she also has, like Niebelschützen's princess Danae, all (supposedly) masculine qualities: she knows the affairs of state and war, knows how to hold the reins and hit equally sensitively with tongue and epee.

For me, this is no contradiction: One time: This Miss Dior is a beautiful young woman, to whom I lay my heart at her feet. And yet also: We are (if not more Pope...) Miss! Miss Dior is young and feminine in a way that we all can be: A person who is not mentally aged and who does not wall himself up in a self-made image of masculinity can wear this fragrance, for whose name I naturally draw the smooth ten, regardless of sex and age; it will stand him a second skin.

Why not the ten? I am a little irritated by the sudden collapse of projection; after the very expansive Galbian opening, the second and third acts are characterized by almost erotic intimacy. And by the way, it's hard to love the absolute perfection. It is the small flaws that bring about the real perfection: when the Zen garden is perfectly clean and orderly, one lets dry old leaves blow in.
Aunt Rita
Aunt Rita was my favorite aunt. Actually, she wasn't even my aunt, she was my mother's aunt. But I also said aunt to her, it was easier. She was the youngest of 6 sisters in total.

Aunt Rita loved me and I loved her. She was always open-minded and occupied with me. We played, she taught me songs and funny sayings and ran around the apartment with me. From the age of about 3 or 4 years I also stayed overnight with her from time to time. I was never homesick, but a downer was a large crucifix above her bed, from which my "dear Lord Jesus" suffered too realistically for my childish taste. I couldn't take it at the time. Aunt Rita didn't torch long, hung the cross and hid it under the bed for the time of my visit - problem solved. In the dark I would not have been able to see it anyway, but she took my feelings seriously and wanted me to feel comfortable with her.

Yeah, and Aunt Rita's perfume was Miss Dior. Of course, I didn't know that at the time, I only perceived the scent. For me, Miss Dior is a predominantly green perfume with a great radiance and a slight chypre touch. I say easily because this one is soft and warm for me and in no way strict. Patchouli, for example, I hardly notice. But I think I smell a little musk, which the pyramid doesn't give off. The fragrance is unmistakable, in retrospect I think I once saw a vintage bottle with a black and white dog-tooth pattern on her.

So for me there is no doubt - Aunt Rita wore Miss Dior and it fitted her personality wonderfully.
Today I wear it and think of them and times long past.

Jazzy76
The new Look in a fragrance
This scent is a milestone in the history of contemporary perfumery. It was born with the famous and revolutionary New Look created by Christian Dior and its name refers to the couturier's sister, Catherine, because someone said:" Voilà Miss Dior" and these words became an inspiration for the scent's name.
The advertisments of the late 40es associated this scent to the new woman in pants signed Gruau and to a refined feminity almost androginous. But let's smell the scent: it's a hymn to the galbanum and around this note was composed the very classy and discrete bouquet:at the opening you smell an accord of Bergamot, Galbanum, Gardenia, Sage , then you perceive the flowery heart made of Carnation, Jasmine, Narcissus, Neroli, Rose.At the base, a wonderful symphony of Oakmoss, Labdanum, Patchouli, Sandalwood , masterfully balanced to become not too heavy. The sillage is surprisingly good and the fragrance last for many hours although isn't not too strong, but composed and discrete. The woman wearing this scent is classy, quite mature, wearing a pair of black pants with a White silk shirt and a string of pearls or also a perfectly cutted tailleur. This fragrance, in its simple but rrefined multifaceted squared bottle , could be worn by day in the mid or cold season or in the afternoon for a very elegant tea time. The price is high, but, although reformulated, we have again a work of art. I love it!
Serenissima
reminded of a television show
"...a man who has tried to create an exuberant, flowery world."
These are the words that end the documentary "Die Zeichnungen von Christian Dior", which ARTE broadcast yesterday evening.
Actually for my habits a bit too late, but the appeal that these traditional fashion houses and their stories still exert on me outweighed: I was not disappointed!

Christian Dior's drawings, which had been locked in a secret archive for decades, were presented to former employees and fashion historians, among others, who commented on them after the first amazement had settled over this unknown treasure.
And they told of their time at the fashion house Christian Dior; a 93-year-old, very elegant and still very chic lady had even worked with the great master from 1951 until his death in October 1957. What could she report!
I was particularly interested in this look behind the scenes, because a few years ago I had seen the cinema documentary "Dior and I".
She, too, led the inner life of the company after Belgian industrial and fashion designer Raf Simons succeeded John Galliano as artistic director in 2012.
Not a very happy relationship: when the designer changes from "Prês-à-Porter" to Haute Couture and is unaware that the wishes of a customer who buys two collections every year for more than 500,000 euros each are in front of her.
The chief directrice has to fly to New York to change the wardrobe.
Even if M. Simons has his first cuts transferred to fabric and tried out.
Raf Simons then moved to Calvin Klein in New York in 2015. There he probably has a lucky hand, as in this, basically still according to the ideas of Christian Dior managed traditional company.

As early as February 1947, Christian Dior presented his first own fashion collection, which Harper's Bazaar (already an institution at that time) called "New Look" for the first time in an article Both the drawings and the models shown in the film still have their own charm today.
The "A", "H" and/or "Y" line adapts to every figure: here the woman is still quite a woman!
Christian Dior, "the tender man with great business sense", presented with it, as a kind of "counterrevolution" against the fashion of Mademoiselle Chanel, a theatrical and also provocative fashion, mostly still made of dyed parachute silk.
"Europe has had enough of bombs; it wanted fireworks" were his words.

In the same year Christian Dior presented his perfume "Miss Dior" as the last proof of the return of opulence.
He wanted to seduce his customers with this fragrance, because he considered it to be an indispensable complement to the female personality, the "final touch of a dress".
"Miss Dior" was intended to evoke "the scents of evenings in Provence", "where fireflies buzz and the green jasmine forms the counterpoint to the melody of the night and the earth". (OT: Christian Dior)
Paul Vacher thus created for him a fragrance full of contrasts: fresh notes with a warm heart.
At that time it was called "a green chypre scent with an animal echo".
(All these historical statements can be found in various publications about M. Dior.)

If you still own one of the original flacons today, you will truly own a treasure.
Who knows, perhaps a forgotten specimen is still slumbering in an attic or cellar.
I "only" have the eau de toilette (original) of "Miss Dior", which I had really forgotten until last night I thought about the TV documentary I saw.

And already this is a treasure that does not deny its opulence, but presents it full and sensual on the skin with amazing fullness and durability.
Right in advance: all "opponents" of Eichemoos should avoid this "Miss Dior"!
For its earthy heaviness is the basis of this work of art, which permeates the entire course of fragrance.
This is probably the reason why I don't find gardenia as disturbing as it might otherwise be.
Because of course it is also generously available, but has to deal with bergamot and - very amazing! - herby-spicy sage the first appearance.
Thus, the wort already occurs before Galbanum's resin note is added.
Even with the Eau de Toilette this is already a huge scent explosion!
At home, the now almost wasteful flowering dream remains: there are no exotic plants, but garden plants such as narcissus and the "ordinary" spicy carnation, the heavily scented large-flowered jasmine and, of course, the noble rose.
The only exception here is Neroli, the oil that makes the soul smile. - And the soul really smiles here!
All this beauty is stored unmistakably on spicy oakmoss.
Generously golden-glowing patchouli and sensual sandalwood are added and this fragrance composition is crowned by the resin of the cistus rose, the smoky Labdanum!

The result is a scented painting that is almost devotional: a little old-fashioned perhaps in its opulence, but still spectacular in effect and radiance!
With this almost original "Miss Dior" the house Christian Dior appreciates the femininity full of devotion and felt almost awesome!
Here is nothing with "unisex"; feminine sensuality rules the world of fragrance!

Since yesterday evening I have been wondering how I overlooked the little grey-white box with the square bottle for so long; it is in the middle of my fragrance collection!
I'm a little ashamed of it, but I'm doubly glad that I saw this TV documentary and was reminded of a dream scent, which for so long led a kind of "Cinderella" existence with me.
Fortunately, it is not too late to enjoy a good portion of fragrance today

Jazzy76Jazzy76 19 months ago
The New look in a fragrance: chypre, sophisticated, almost androginous. A milestone of perfumery for a very classy woman.Wonderful sillage

by EveMist
The Roaring 50s - Lampenschirm & Puderdose original ;)
by MadameLegras
Meine liebste Miss, immer noch, wie seit vielen Jahren....
by MadameLegras
Für mich die schönste Miss ....eingebettet in die sich gerade öffnenden Christrosen ...
by Hirooz
by Hirooz
by Profuma
by Profuma
Miss Dior EdT Originale
by Blaustern

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior