Poison (1985)Eau de Toilette

Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Véronique Monod

Top 17 in Women's Perfume
Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1985. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 13.08.2020.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior, which differs in concentration.

A deadend mind.
So, Poison by Christian Dior -Then & Now!
Jesus...what is this?
What have they done to Poison CD??
Nothing but nothing is like what it was.
You can thumb down my review but be sure that you want to do it because I'm saying my truest opinion.
This was my cousin's perfume back in the 80's, I remember how she was smelling and how RICH and BOLD this perfume was.
It was so good!
A year ago she showed me the magical bottle and I smelled it and I went back to my childhood memories.
About an hour ago I went to a perfume shop and I tested some fumes.
I was looking at Poison and I said "let's give it a try".
How disappointed I felt...I put it down and said WHY?
My SA was looking at me.I was very serious and very sad.
I told her "have you got another tester"?
She said, "you are lucky, I have one in a drawer but it may not smell good".
I sprayed this time again to see what is happening with the famous Poison.
Same thing.
Light, watered down like hell and you only smell that "real Poison" aura if you wash your hands.
Not unique, not anything just another destroyed perfume.
You must have smelt the vintage one to know how this bomb beauty was.
So, sorry...:((
Primel
The smell that came from the depths
For a long time it was difficult for me to face Poison with an open mind. In the 1980s, in the largest department store in the city, every customer was generously sprayed at the Dior counter, so that over time a heavy, sweet cloud wafted along the street. You could smell the scent for miles! Unfortunately, fresh fish was offered for sale in the immediate vicinity, which considerably impaired the enjoyment of the scent. After a while I couldn't distinguish "Poison" and "Poisson" anymore :-( I like perfumes with depth, they shouldn't smell like fish :-)

For a long time, I stayed well clear of Poison.

Some time ago I took heart and timidly sprayed a tiny spot on my arm.....

The smell was fabulously good! Ripe plums in orange blossom honey, simply fantastic! However, I am pretty sure that the scent was reformulated, in this case more than successful :-)

DrGourmand
Aconitum napellus or how I took two beloved lives!
The mirror in the bathroom is a bit steamed up, but he can see the excitement in his face, which he feels inside. It's mainly because of this dark bottle that stands in front of him on the console next to the mirror. More precisely with the wearer of the perfume it contains, called Poison, that is, with his dear wife and the reason for his excitement and evil.

He remembers perfectly. She came to the college a good ten years ago as a trainee teacher who was no longer quite young, had studied to become a teacher out of embarrassment, but did her job quite well. Everyone was electrified from the start by her proud and graceful manner and by the insidious scent she left behind wherever she was and wherever she went. Her scent is striking and powerful, but never obtrusive, rather stunningly seductive, because you knew she was behind it. Her path is always lined with floral spice and ripe, berry-sweet fruit that covers her path like a veil or surrounds her workplace as a creamy, deep lake.

After a good year they had married, all the gentlemen were jealous, he was happy and so were she, for sure! His wife and her perfume Poison always formed a unit and he liked both of them very much, especially together. She usually applies small splashes of Poison in the morning and smells wonderful the whole day. Furthermore, she has the habit in the evening, when it becomes apparent that a particularly beautiful togetherness is developing, to reload her erotic dream of femininity once again, not only for her pleasure, but also in delicate and exciting erogenous places. This particularly endearing and beguiling characteristic makes the fragrance in an intimate setting very close and intense. The beguiling smell, directly from the body soaked with the sweet hemlock cup juice, intoxicates the senses. It is an intimate feeling of the spicy, oriental plum, the velvety fruity flora on balsamic, sweet-vanilla and sweaty skin. Physical devotion and desire implemented in a fragrance creation for rich, pure femininity
The first years it was a relationship full of love and passion. Blue-eyed, he didn't want to see the tragedy. She was the woman that men commonly describe as a ten, an unattainable dream. Even if one should win her favour, it was clear that one would never be able to keep her safe if everyone dug around her and courted her. And so it came about as it had to. In the years that followed, she increasingly often put the horns on him. She did it, everybody knew it and he couldn't stand it anymore, because at the same time she was and played his dear wife. A solution was necessary
This became unexpectedly apparent during an excursion into the surrounding area. On a small clearing at the edge of the forest he saw it standing, the most poisonous plant in Europe, only a few plants scattered in the undergrowth and commonly known as blue monkshood. Here he decided to clarify his situation for the long term, on the one hand not to arouse suspicion, on the other hand to give his beloved wife some time to think it over. So it happened that in the following year, in his own garden, along the wild edges, next to the pretty red and white foxgloves native to the area, the blue wolfsbane was also able to conquer a new biotope.

The beautiful days spent together became fewer and fewer, and his resentment and aversion to their actions turned into hatred and a desire for retribution. He had made the preparations
It was no big deal for him to extract a cocktail of toxic alkaloids, mainly aconitine, from the wolfsbane, especially from the root parts, by means of a few extractions and concentrate it in a little chloroform. Caution was the top priority, because aconitine is above all also a contact poison and leads quickly and directly to respiratory paralysis and heart failure. From the enriched extract he filled about three millilitres into a still well-filled poison flacon and was now ready.

A few days later, an appointment forced him to stay away from his home overnight and spend the night out. On the morning in question, his wife had already left home, he exchanged the prepared bottle for the one that was always in the bathroom and drove off. The following day he entered his home again in the early morning.

As soon as he opened the door, he could feel the dark, sweet honey blossom scent that her house had taken on as a basic tone over time. An intense, candied tuberose-jasmine air gave evidence of vibrant past hours. With quick steps and shouting he looked into the rooms, feeling his way through cold veils of incense and dense, vanilla cream. In his bedroom he then saw her lying there. Slightly dazed and a little trembling and with a numbing sweet spice in his nose, he carefully stepped into the bathroom and stood in front of the steamed up mirror
Some water in his face and several times he took a deep breath and slowly calmed down his body. In the meantime the mirror showed a more relaxed face in which no guilt was visible. He exchanged the pretty poison flacon and decided to call the police immediately. Finally two dead people lay in the bedroom, his dear wife and his best friend!
Even in the beautiful sometimes lies hidden evil! Thank you very much for reading!
Sternanis
The lady is sensitive to the weather.
Otherwise I cannot explain to myself that Poison, a fragrance I have been using for years, always gets bitchy and doesn't want to smell the way I know it.
But it is not like Dune, where, when it is cold, the scratchy top notes annoy too long. More like... do you know these sculptures, which only form a picture when you stand in the right place?
There I want to apply a decent flowery spice explosion at 0°C and rain and get: a lax, musty chewing gum.
On the other hand, I sometimes open the cupboard in summer and this velvety, dark red rose-tuberose-carnation chord jumps at me when I find it just inappropriate.

Earlier (no, not in the 80s, I didn't exist then) this was one of my signature scents, and all deviations were blamed on ENT problems. I never had a person to the scent in my head, let alone a plague of it, and I was the only one far and wide who carried poison. Completely natural, at the age of 18, between Kenzo Flower, J.Lo Glow and Alien.

In the meantime I have become more familiar with the individual fragrance components and have also gained more experience. I emptied 3 bottles from the EdT and one from the Esprit d'Parfum. By chance I also got a Dupe, and I tried more to dissect the scent or scents.
I usually don't smell as much plum in it as many others here, but I smell grapes and blueberries. Except when it is too warm, then a really mushy plum comes through, which again I do not like at all.
The rose note always fluctuates between fresh and juicy, and dried rose petals in the potpourri.
Autumn is a good compromise, and that's where the fragrance suits me best.
In real winter (dry, frost), even in heated rooms, the Christmas spices also fit well. Only when it is wet, it must not be too cold at the same time.

The scent lasts for a long time, you have to count on more than 20 hours. The quiet reverberation with bourbon vanilla even lasts for weeks in clothing, so be careful when spraying jackets. I have already fetched winter clothes from the attic, which after a year still smelled slightly of Poison.
Bergerbelge
Soapy fruit cake decorated with flowers!
Sooo smells this "all-time favorite" sweetheart to me.
A juicy spicy fruit cake, freshly washed, soapy-scented tablecloths on the table, flowers with some musty water in the vase...
A little old granny frilly blouses, old silver cutlery, cups with gold rim. Hach.
Soooooo Beautiful! I have liked this fragrance for 20 years over and over again!
first pointed - then tangy - then funny
At the beginning of this Poison I thought at first, the Christmas Grinch would have worshipped him, because his aniseed opening is a bit pointed - but then turns through the berries into fruity lively and cultivates a cheeky funny attitude at the start.

A rogue who thinks evil, because the wink of the eye suits the scent well.

But he finds his way back to a modest composure by making himself comfortable in a soft plum.
Also the rosewood has style, entwined by velvety dark red Baccara roses.

This Poison just wanted to mix up in the entrance - and show that Poison actually has genes in him.

I like that it doesn't want to deny its original origin.

It threatens only times briefly with the finger - gives itself then however powdery softly and beautifully calmly.

Jasmine and tuberose look elegant to beguiling - and from the almost rebellious start there is nothing more to feel.

Soft vanilla and sweet cinnamon go hand in hand - and sandal nestles confidently.

Foggy incense covers this poison - makes it a little opaque - but I would have liked to know what it still had to say.

Purple poisoned apple
Sultry, dangerous, poisonous, sensual..it all falls short to describe Poison, the monstre that came from the house of Christian Dior in 1985, causing commotion and disbelief among innocent passerby’s. An innocent apple shaped bottle holding a dangerous elixir. How could this be? But, there it was, unaware to everyone; the hit of the decade, what everyone would try and imitate.

Poison edt, review based on bottles from 1985 to 1992.

Poison, above all the extremes, the sensuality, the bite, was about fun. Yes, it was deep and narcotic, carnal, mysterious...but it never took itself too seriously. At least the edt. Powerful like a bulldozer it could be smelt from around the block. 1980’s carpets still have traces of it, and elevators permeated with Poison still have a purple hue in their mirrors, a smoke tendril of the fun that was ahead. You can still hear the laughter of the lucky wearers. And the lament of those who hated it.
Stewed plums, red and blue and black berries, hint of coriander, lots of honey and you get a hell of an opening. Just like a fruity cocktail; too sweet to know it gets to your head. The flowers on the other hand, oh, the flowers are all past their prime, dripping in carnality. Tuberose, jasmine, orange blossom, damascones galore with their wine-y tonality between rose and violets. Concentrated to the extreme, the best absolutes to accompany this crazy party, that had the warm company of cinnamon, opoponax, amber, vanilla, sandalwood, plus a castoreum bodyguard to keep things on the wild side named Hulk. Poison was a night out made perfume. So addicting that it lingered on skin until the next day, when you sprayed some more just so you could take the day ahead.
Poison was worn by everyone and everywhere, and it’s the main reason it was banned from restaurants and repulsed by many. On top, it was worn with abandon! Too much of a good thing ain’t so good it seems. Unfortunately, I missed those days by some years, and even though my bottles smell perfect, the settings around me are not quite the same. One has to cope with what one has!

For better or for worse, Poison, this little masterpiece from 1985 hasn’t fared well. The internet is still full of bottles mass produced for eternity, and you’re better of buying one of those than what is currently being sold under the name; if you want to experience true Poison, you need the real deal, not the impostor.

After all, who doesn’t look good in purple hued elevator mirrors? And if you close your eyes, you can still smell it!
What a bitch!
The first thing to notice is an intense deep sweetish fruity note, pleasantly ripe and dark, thanks to the plum,

At the same time, the plum is accompanied by another sweet, fruity note, which in my opinion is responsible for the plum's heavy, but refreshingly heavy appearance and the orange's origin, as well as the slightly light, spicy honey, which appears like a wafting veil on the skin and fits the composition surprisingly well
These two notes are surrounded by a strong floral, slightly woody note, which gives the top note a thick, even massive volume and stems from the rosewood
And yet there is still a pithy sweet fruit perceptible, which pleasantly enhances the dark aura and I suspect blackberries here.

In the background you can perceive a fine, deep-sounding spice, which brings something very discreetly peppery and tangy with it and gives the top note a beautiful substance and I can't say here exactly from which note this characteristic originates, but I want to affirm the interplay of anise, coriander and pimento, but I couldn't smell it explicitly.

This constellation is visible on my skin for 25 minutes before the heart note unfolds.

Well and then the smell really blows my record away - Wat für ne' Wucht! :-)

An intense, engaging, enclosing and lulling fleshy, palpable sweet, creamy floral note is now perceptible, which really leaves me speechless and I have recognized this note directly, because I always react extremely to this note and I mean that absolutely positive - namely tuberose and I am always amazed that such a fragrance can be filtered out of the relatively small flowers - and for me is nothing but pure and mature femininity.

"For one, this will be THE overkill, but ick find' didd just terrific!"

At the same time the tuberose is accompanied by a light, sweet floral and lively floral note, which is responsible for the fact that the scent of tuberose is increased immeasurably and is due to the jasmine and neroli.

These 3 notes are accompanied by a beautiful deep sweet spicy note that beautifully emphasizes the palpability of the fragrance and comes from cinnamon.

In the background there is another spice, which brings something peppery with it and gives the heart a wonderful accent and comes from the carnation.

Opoponax, Rose and Frankincense I could unfortunately not perceive, but I can imagine very well that these components were used for completion.

The heart note is perceptible on my skin for 6 hours before the base asserts itself.

The base becomes very pleasantly cuddly, warming and very lulling and is thanks to the amber.

The amber is accompanied by a very fine sweet and creamy note which is responsible for the cuddly component getting a caress and comes from the Bourbon - Vanilla.

These two notes are surrounded by a strong sweet cherry-like note, which also brings an intense powdery almond aura and gives the fragrance some gourmand notes, but the base is not to be classified as gourmandig because I think heliotrope was used to give the fragrance a tangible volume
In the background, the base is completed by a very soft wooden nuance, which adds something smooth to the finish of the fragrance and comes from the cedar.

Also there is a very discreet earthy, quite slightly sweet nuance to be noticed, which provides for a nice deep finish and I have actually typed on patchouli instead of vetiver.

Musk and sandalwood were unfortunately not visible to me, but I can imagine very well that they were used for complementation.

In total the fragrance lasts 15 hours on my skin.

The Sillage is designed in the first 3 hours in such a way that one is perceived very clearly to the 2.5 meters and then oscillates 2 hours on a very clearly perceptible whole arm length, before it minimizes itself to the end of the smell in quiet steps
I would like to express my sincere thanks to our perfume "Cocinera" for the vintage bottling.

The Potion Of Seduction By Christian Dior
If you just as I love perfumes with a "vintage" footprint, you need to try this one. Christian Dior's Poison is a classic that revolutionized perfumery in the 80's. Its intense and obscure notes conquered the world with a fair amount of mystery, daring and seduction. But I warn you that it is not those perfumes that you will fall in love at first, this is one of those perfumes that either you love or you hate and if you love him believe, you will hate to love him.

LavenderSky8
I own the current REFORMULATION..
not the original seductive 80's potion. The scent is GORGEOUS, but the longevity of the scent is horrible. I'm lucky if I get 2 hours staying power on my wrist. That being said, I love the scent and I'm proud to have current POISON in my collection.

DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 22 months ago
I recall who/where I first smelt Poison - so memorable. Rich, fruity plum, a discord of anise. It's had its heart reformulated out of it.
Alex1984Alex1984 3 years ago
Quintessentialy 80's; dark, goth, plummy tuberose, dressed in lamé, incense burning in the corner, smoking menthol cigarettes. Total diva/o.

by Ginger
by pudelbonzo
by Isabelle1
by Isabelle1

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior Les Elixirs Precieux - Ambre by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior