Poison 1985 Eau de Toilette

Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Bottle Design Véronique Monod
Top 19 in Women's Perfume
Poison (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 1985. The scent is oriental-floral. Projection and longevity are above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesAniseedAniseed
SandalwoodSandalwood
VanillaVanilla
VetiverVetiver
CedarCedar

Submitted by Sniffer, last update on 08.09.2021.

Variant of the fragrance concentration

This is a variant of the perfume Poison (Esprit de Parfum) by Dior, which differs in concentration.

FioreMarina
Live from the poison cabinet: a policy critique.
*Preliminary note: This text could be perceived by sensitive readers as not politically correct in parts. This is a stylistic device of satire and not intended to hurt feelings. Who feels endangered: just click away!*

"For real, yo. Guys, I do not want to offend you. But - are you actually serious? So: do you stand by what you are doing? Is that all you have to offer? I mean, let's be honest: You use stuff that has names like "Not A Perfume", and you know what? It's even true! Because half of you don't smell it. And the other half, well, they are proud as hell because they only smell something for a quarter of an hour, that's all it lasts. You spray this imposition on yourself in homeopathic doses and that's elegant. But I always say: what's the use of all that understatement if no one notices?
And then your funny political correctness: rejoice like children, because you can artificially produce oud, while the original already smells like the underpants of my old man. And because the whole thing is just not beautiful, you quickly declare it art and discuss it here as if it were a Picasso. Man man.
The strongest thing you have in store is your stupid Baccarat Rouge, sorry, I can't remember the numbers behind it. You comment on it three times a week. It's got a kick, hasn't it? He's got balls, you say. Really? He's got balls?
I'll tell you something: I've got a kick. If a three-ingredient scent is going to knock you off your feet, you'd better buckle up. And I'll tell you something else: if you're planning to take me apart now, like you like to do here: just leave it. Seriously, I don't want to hear about "spice box" "sweet pea dipped in honey". I mean, hello? Are you okay? Would you listen to the sound of that? I mean, sure, it's true, I'm a freakin' cutie... but hey! You don't say that out loud if you have any decency. And to the smart people who think this is tuberose..: What the hell else am I supposed to smell like? I fucking smell like tuberose because it's the strongest flower you can get. All right? While I'm at it, I'll say something about my base: It's as wide as a horse's ass. And that thing that's bringing tears to your eyes is called sandalwood. From real sandalwood trees or whatever they're called, at least not like the synthetic shit you put on it. Where my amber comes from, I'd rather not tell you - otherwise you'll have bad dreams.
So, that's how it is with me. But as I said: I don't like it when you mess with me. I am what I am, namely a total work of art. All you need to know about me is..: I make sure you get noticed in the club. From the bouncer to the guys in the back room, they'll all know you're there. I'll party with you all night. I'll be there till the bitter end. And when you're hanging over the toilet bowl puking the next noon, guess what: Yeah, baby - then I'll still be there.
Girlz or Boyz? That's another dumb question. Where I come from, it looks like this: there Jon Bon Jovi and Tina Turner shared the wardrobe. They had the same hairdresser anyway. They wear the rosary around their neck and the Russian cross is tattooed from shoulder blade to shoulder blade, the rouge is also used as song shadow and if the mini goes more than four centimeters over the butt cheek, you're just a square. The Rocky-Horror-Picture-Show is not a cult. It's a daily routine. Dude, is that sexy? Yes, it is. And if you can't take it, then buy a knitting kit and sign up for a support group.
It's just, I'm fucking strong stuff. But something better than me has not yet come under your nose. And it ain't gonna come again, I'll tell you that. Some jokers call it slimming me down. That's an outrage. Only the original is the original and don't say you don't have the guts. Meet me, get to know me while you still can. And if you can't, let's meet in the perfume hall of fame. That's where I have a permanent seat End of announcement
PS: Many thanks to Sebà, who reminded me of this treasure and to TinkiB, who sold me your Vintage Poison. I can't get out of flashbacks ever since.
And thanks to the brave for reading!
A fragrance with memory
Hello everyone,
first of all ---> I am a male fellow citizen (for which I can do nothing :-) who loves fragrances.
As a teenager, my godfather hooked me with various aftershaves, EdT etc (there was always a fragrance for my birthday/Christmas). The love of fragrances has remained to this day (as a certified aromatherapist even professionally).

I remember Poison very, very well as I participated in our student exchange program with France in 1985/1986.
(There is probably debate to this day whether the name Poison is pronounced in French, or Poison in English. Both at least mean "poison.")
Partner community was a medium-sized town in Champagne near Reims, in the famous Champagne growing region.
The fellow / exchange students in France were enraptured by the fragrance, which was omnipresent at the time (as almost everyone, including me) and thus it was of course often, but only on special occasions put on (today as then a higher-priced fragrance).
In the disco and in the cinema, almost all the girls smelled like Poison and there was a cloud of fragrance floating in the room that was incomparable.
Constantly I have hung on the neck of my exchange student at the time and they quasi "abgeduftet" speak frequently at her smelled.

Now, due to current memories, I have bought a bottle to refresh my fragrance memory.

A still wonderfully pretty bottle (the glass in a dark violet/purple), with a very good atomizer to round off the fragrance presentation.
The outer packaging in a green / black tone does not quite match, but is also ultimately uninteresting.

The fragrance start is different, there have been reformulations (in the memory is much more Wumms behind it!).
After some time (30-45 minutes) my "memory scent" comes out.
I could sit back and just "sniff" forever..........
Poison starts off quite strong (I even detect a slight smoky note) and then transitions into my memory scent. I can't describe the individual scent components, there remains a lily of the valley note at the beginning, but it doesn't appear in the pyramid (maybe heliotrope too?)..........
Poison no longer seems to remain so intense and long-lasting on the skin.
In my mind and to my current sensibilities, it's still a hell of a scent.
I love him.

In fact, I'm considering putting it on sometime when I casually go to work.

What does the community think about using classic women's fragrances for use on the male gender?
Still waiting in the pipeline are Shalimar Maroussia and Chanel No.5.

Love
PeonyFever
A fragrance from not so distant childhood
And there I was, six years old, shuffled into the perfumery by my mother. I was totally curious about all these colourful bottles and of course had to touch and smell them all once. Suddenly I had seen the Poisons, my mother had dressed me up as Snow White once, so each apple had to be thoroughly examined. I sniff the darkest bottle and I'm so excited I run squealing to my mother to let her try it. She puts the bottle of Coco Mademoiselle down and thinks it's too heavy, too sweet and generally too much, but smiles at me and says I can get it myself when I grow up. At first, I'm disappointed, but Poison has left a long impression. Twelve years to be exact. In the meantime, I was either too young or too poor for Poison. But the decision was made by my 18th birthday I had to have a full bottle. In the midst of the pandemic, I found an acceptable job alongside my studies and ordered it with my first paycheck. Opening this package made me almost ecstatic and spraying it on me made me laugh out loud with happiness. Intense plum and tuberose come at me on a honeyed and slightly powdery base shrouded in surprisingly realistic smoke. But there's more, I smell something fresh and familiar, it reminds me of my family's hometown and it almost smells a bit like.... Chewing gum? It's the Oppoponax, this resinous fresh smells like damla sakızı (German for mastic). I only know the "reformulation", but this one I find absolutely kills. I always thought before that you wear perfume for others, for compliments, for attention or for prestige, however Poison has shown me that you can wear perfume just for yourself. This scent is just so wonderfully rounded and deep that I would love to smell it with every breath. When I wear it, I have a certain kind of woman in mind, full of style and charisma, who, despite her venerable distance, would have loved to take the girl I was back then in her arms. From her, you could learn what it's like to be an icon, unmistakably yourself. I fell in love with that woman, and when I smell Poison on me, I feel like her. I don't think I'll ever find anything that will capture me like that again. For that reason, I think it will become my signature.
Blaustern
A poison... mysterious and magical
From the mid-1980s onwards, no path, no nose led past Poison. The powerful 'Wummser', which were common at that time, were underlined with a corresponding unleashed dosage. Almost everyone smelled of Poison, everywhere and on every occasion. The smell could have vanished - unimaginable! Before you saw a person, you could smell them for miles!
I can still remember the first fragrance experience with Poison. It's funny what you remember. The first sprayer of Poison knocked me out. People sprayed generously in perfumeries and stalls. I read a blog today about fragrances and colours, and Poison is not only purple-green for me because of the bottle. Beware, sweet poison! Heavy, mysterious, sultry, dominant.

The dose makes the poison, but in the "poison time" of that time this knowledge was not very common. That spoiled the smell for me quite a bit. For a long time I avoided Poison, which is not so easy when the whole city smells of it...
I have taken note of all the Poison sisters, but I have not appreciated a deeper look. Until I smelled Midnight Poison for the first time a few years ago and was immediately fascinated... ...and still resent the fact that I don't have a bottle. Soon after that, I got Hypnotic Poison and Pure Poison under my nose. Hey, these are really good!

But then a thought never left my mind. I hadn't smelled Poison for a long time... it has certainly been reformulated - how does Poison smell now? This question was like a little virus in my head and could not be driven away. In the beginning only timidly, but in the course of time the question became louder and louder and more urgent.

To cut a long story short, Poison moved in with me. Today's Poison of course has nothing in common with the thunder and the power of the version of that time. But it's still scented fireworks. Poison has remained a cinnamon-spicy Oriental, it smells to me like plums, rum and red wine, flowery like tuberose and honey-sweet at the same time.

Also today Poison should be worn better well dosed and finely tuned, but then he is quite wonderful

A deadend mind.
So, Poison by Christian Dior -Then & Now!
Jesus...what is this?
What have they done to Poison CD??
Nothing but nothing is like what it was.
You can thumb down my review but be sure that you want to do it because I'm saying my truest opinion.
This was my cousin's perfume back in the 80's, I remember how she was smelling and how RICH and BOLD this perfume was.
It was so good!
A year ago she showed me the magical bottle and I smelled it and I went back to my childhood memories.
About an hour ago I went to a perfume shop and I tested some fumes.
I was looking at Poison and I said "let's give it a try".
How disappointed I felt...I put it down and said WHY?
My SA was looking at me.I was very serious and very sad.
I told her "have you got another tester"?
She said, "you are lucky, I have one in a drawer but it may not smell good".
I sprayed this time again to see what is happening with the famous Poison.
Same thing.
Light, watered down like hell and you only smell that "real Poison" aura if you wash your hands.
Not unique, not anything just another destroyed perfume.
You must have smelt the vintage one to know how this bomb beauty was.
So, sorry...:((
Primel
The smell that came from the depths
For a long time it was difficult for me to face Poison with an open mind. In the 1980s, in the largest department store in the city, every customer was generously sprayed at the Dior counter, so that over time a heavy, sweet cloud wafted along the street. You could smell the scent for miles! Unfortunately, fresh fish was offered for sale in the immediate vicinity, which considerably impaired the enjoyment of the scent. After a while I couldn't distinguish "Poison" and "Poisson" anymore :-( I like perfumes with depth, they shouldn't smell like fish :-)

For a long time, I stayed well clear of Poison.

Some time ago I took heart and timidly sprayed a tiny spot on my arm.....

The smell was fabulously good! Ripe plums in orange blossom honey, simply fantastic! However, I am pretty sure that the scent was reformulated, in this case more than successful :-)

Sternanis
The lady is sensitive to the weather.
Otherwise I cannot explain to myself that Poison, a fragrance I have been using for years, always gets bitchy and doesn't want to smell the way I know it.
But it is not like Dune, where, when it is cold, the scratchy top notes annoy too long. More like... do you know these sculptures, which only form a picture when you stand in the right place?
There I want to apply a decent flowery spice explosion at 0°C and rain and get: a lax, musty chewing gum.
On the other hand, I sometimes open the cupboard in summer and this velvety, dark red rose-tuberose-carnation chord jumps at me when I find it just inappropriate.

Earlier (no, not in the 80s, I didn't exist then) this was one of my signature scents, and all deviations were blamed on ENT problems. I never had a person to the scent in my head, let alone a plague of it, and I was the only one far and wide who carried poison. Completely natural, at the age of 18, between Kenzo Flower, J.Lo Glow and Alien.

In the meantime I have become more familiar with the individual fragrance components and have also gained more experience. I emptied 3 bottles from the EdT and one from the Esprit d'Parfum. By chance I also got a Dupe, and I tried more to dissect the scent or scents.
I usually don't smell as much plum in it as many others here, but I smell grapes and blueberries. Except when it is too warm, then a really mushy plum comes through, which again I do not like at all.
The rose note always fluctuates between fresh and juicy, and dried rose petals in the potpourri.
Autumn is a good compromise, and that's where the fragrance suits me best.
In real winter (dry, frost), even in heated rooms, the Christmas spices also fit well. Only when it is wet, it must not be too cold at the same time.

The scent lasts for a long time, you have to count on more than 20 hours. The quiet reverberation with bourbon vanilla even lasts for weeks in clothing, so be careful when spraying jackets. I have already fetched winter clothes from the attic, which after a year still smelled slightly of Poison.
Bergerbelge
Soapy fruit cake decorated with flowers!
Sooo smells this "all-time favorite" sweetheart to me.
A juicy spicy fruit cake, freshly washed, soapy-scented tablecloths on the table, flowers with some musty water in the vase...
A little old granny frilly blouses, old silver cutlery, cups with gold rim. Hach.
Soooooo Beautiful! I have liked this fragrance for 20 years over and over again!
Matters of the heart...
While the 80s and 90s were still full of confidence, courage and new beginnings for me, today seems to me like a creeping demolition enterprise, both in terms of basic human and moral values, as well as economic and political issues. Somehow, people are just fooling around and you can't get on with the job. Unfortunately, also in terms of scent, not really anymore
I have noticed that I am becoming more and more fatigued by the increasingly unbearable excess of politically correct, adapted and exchangeable water. There are indeed exceptions that reach my heart, but there are not so many.
Poison embodies the absolute opposite of everything. Even as an eau de toilette, the fragrance is so powerful and elemental that your knees are literally shaking.
In the 80s it was loud, brightly colored and olfactorically incredibly violent and also quite carefree.
They designed scents that still had ass in their pants and a real bust in German. And I mean real natural bust, nothing artificially inflated. They didn't think about "Hach, just no sprayer too much... hach, that could bother my environment. No, there are forbidden substances in there. The flies fall from the wall and the plaster mixed according to the latest EU guidelines."
Poison is after the so incredibly changed feeling in the today's time wonderfully politically incorrect, he does not shut up and is already half an hour before you there.
The radiation reaches from Flensburg to Lake Constance and a shelf life of at least 15 hours also speaks for itself.

As far as fragrances are concerned, it is practically impossible to unravel everything one by one. You used everything and more. Poison is a wall, dense, solid and extremely beautifully designed The tuberose screams the loudest, followed by jasmine, which leaves the other floral notes little chance to unfold. But why should they, doesn't matter...
It is strongly spiced, it smokes a little and is woody on top of that. So tightly woven that not even a pin fits in between In my opinion, Poison is an absolute masterpiece, which even 34 years after its appearance still has an absolute right to exist.

Surely the fragrance suddenly became famous and well-known, surely it was mercilessly abused by the wrong people, contaminated whole city centres until well into the 90s and was thus completely spoiled for many fragrance lovers. And many still say to themselves "You can hunt me with Poison", because every city, every café, every theatre and every bar smelled of Poison.
There is nothing here with Heititei and Kuschiwuschi, with Poison they don't beat about the bush but make a clear announcement. One sprayer too many and even a concert hall can be poisoned and the audience coughs nervously or takes flight hectically.

But in the last few years it has become quiet, the Poison family has grown a lot, but the growth is much quieter and more demure and some offspring are already history.
They are all more or less beautiful, although I don't know the brand new ones, the girls, yet. But I think they can't hold a candle to the great almighty mother Now I own for nostalgic reasons, because I love this fragrance insanely and I have always encountered it on the "right" wearers, even a good friend of mine it looked great on me, two versions of Poison EdT. An unrepeated version in an oval bottle and one from 2015 in an apple-shaped bottle. There are differences, not big ones, but they are noticeable. The durability, projection and density are a little slimmer in the newer version. But the fragrance is still good. Damn good. Even though he suffered a little.

Unfortunately, they try with all their might to press us consumers in many ways into a certain, let's call it general form, olfactory and social. For a long time now I have noticed it and I don't like it. Many others surely don't like it either, but everyone should decide for him/herself to what extent he/she wants to take part in it.
Personally, the increasingly paranoid regulations are getting on my nerves more and more and I think I will limit my attention even more to vintage fragrances in the future.
The uncastrated. More and more the fun of scents is taken away from us, but for scents like Poison and other carefree loud representatives of this genus a big portion of fun, humor and self-confidence is needed. But that's not what I lack.

Poison remains a fragrance that even today has much more to tell than many of these faceless and contourless fashion waters of today. And even in a concentration of EdT it has more penetrating power than some of today's EdP.

Yes, the commentary has become long. If you don't like it, you are welcome to overlook it and look at others, there are enough here. There are things and matters of the heart that need to be said. And such an exceptional fragrance with such a high recognition value deserves nothing else but the full score.
first pointed - then tangy - then funny
At the beginning of this Poison I thought at first, the Christmas Grinch would have worshipped him, because his aniseed opening is a bit pointed - but then turns through the berries into fruity lively and cultivates a cheeky funny attitude at the start.

A rogue who thinks evil, because the wink of the eye suits the scent well.

But he finds his way back to a modest composure by making himself comfortable in a soft plum.
Also the rosewood has style, entwined by velvety dark red Baccara roses.

This Poison just wanted to mix up in the entrance - and show that Poison actually has genes in him.

I like that it doesn't want to deny its original origin.

It threatens only times briefly with the finger - gives itself then however powdery softly and beautifully calmly.

Jasmine and tuberose look elegant to beguiling - and from the almost rebellious start there is nothing more to feel.

Soft vanilla and sweet cinnamon go hand in hand - and sandal nestles confidently.

Foggy incense covers this poison - makes it a little opaque - but I would have liked to know what it still had to say.

DorothyGraceDorothyGrace 3 years ago
I recall who/where I first smelt Poison - so memorable. Rich, fruity plum, a discord of anise. It's had its heart reformulated out of it.
Alex1984Alex1984 4 years ago
Quintessentialy 80's; dark, goth, plummy tuberose, dressed in lamé, incense burning in the corner, smoking menthol cigarettes. Total diva/o.

by Ginger
by pudelbonzo
by Gak1992
by Gak1992

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior