Poison Girl (2016) Eau de Parfum

Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior

Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Sicilian bitter orange, Grasse may rose, Damask rose, Venezuelan tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Danina, last update on 07.11.2019

The face of the advertising campaign is model Camille Rowe.

10.0 10.0 10.0 9.5/10

Lolita
The following text tends to exaggerate ;-)

It wasn't so long ago that I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how grown-up my face had become. No, I don't have a problem getting older, but something was different. Promptly I took my old identity card to the hand. That's right, my face has become very mature. At the age of 20 I still had chubby cheeks and a moon face in general. Well, between the 20's face and the current 30's face lie 10 years, 35 kilograms less, more make-up routine and lots of party nights.
Then I had to find out that I like my face very much, as it is now. It looks very feminine with its high cheekbones and not so thick cheeks. When I prepare myself in front of the mirror, then I like to feel like a classic diva.

Yeah, I'm not the moon-faced kid anymore! I am a confident femme fatale.

But then I put on Poison Girl. And suddenly I am Lolita, who with her innocent but flirtatious aura turns men's heads and doesn't really understand what she's doing.

I'm not saying that Poison Girl makes you smell like a teenager (I smelled like synthetic strawberries and, surprise, vanilla when I was a teenager).
No, it makes you feel innocent but challenging and self-confident. You hide the true femme fatale behind the face of a child woman.

Poison Girl isn't a pure sweet scent to me. For me he carries something dark, something mature with him, without becoming as grumpy as a "real women's perfume". He knows how to hide the dark the complete course of the scent but not completely The scent doesn't change great, at least on my skin. He has for me from beginning to end, this lasciviously provocative aura that makes him very interesting in my eyes.

Poison Girl is for me the Lolita among the Poison fragrances and definitely not only for young girls.
8.0 7.5/10

The sheep in wolf fur
To this smell I came really rather "virgin" (thus in the figurative sense ^^).
I had already seen him a few times in the commercials... PINKER bottle or PINK COLOUR liquid. PINK. That and glitter let some synapses burn through with me already despite almost in the middle of 40. ;-)

With the name I have typical "Poison Girls" in front of my eyes, pierced, tattooed, the first thing I noticed about the name was such a little "rocker brat", black prickly hair, undercut, nose piercing (I don't have anything against tattoos and piercings, have some of my own), chewing gum, always on "anti", always on "wat willse?", always eye-catching.
But the beautiful bottle... or the beautiful liquid... ^^

We like to spend our winter holidays warm. There aren't as many targets left as there used to be. This winter it was again Gran Canaria, Meloneras.

At noon we made a trip to the shopping mall. Test the perfume. :-) It was hot, incredibly hot.

And actually it never occurred to me to spray anything from the Poison series onto my heated skin at these temperatures. But probably my brain was already overheated, too, it was pleasantly cool in the shop, and several scents landed on my skin (mostly never more than 4 at a time). Among others Poison Girl (hach, the pink...).

After a ... öhm rather unpleasant encounter with the Hypnotic Poison in the year 2000 (which ended with showers, nausea and Co., also very rarely with me and a perfume) was for me already quasi the confrontation therapy *g*.

Almost afraid, I sniffed at my wrist... Poison has always been negative for me ever since. But what do I smell in the burning Canary sun?! Sweet, gourmand berries, a bit like Campino, but creamy, never stinging, but dark. Almost like pink red fruit jelly, but without the annoying little pits, but creamy, delicious with a vanilla caramel note. Orange I smell now somehow zero, but as said, fragrance pyramids are really absolutely not mine or my nose is broken. :-)

This fragrance made it into my little suitcase with 50ml and made it that I used up the bottle in no time and ordered another 50ml bottle afterwards. That's really rare with me. The last one is now empty and I don't need it again.

But he will be remembered for later perhaps.

Poison isn't just Poison. That's what I learned. Maybe I am a little bit more Girlie than Lady, but only at Poison. :-) (I believe!)

It always fits me when I feel like it. For me, it is not a "situation" scent, i.e. only an office or only in the evening, but a typical "whims" scent, but rather for cooler days.
Funnily enough, I also "smelled" a lot of young girls wearing it, and they were actually "Poison Girls" as I described them above. :-)
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

I'm not a Girly...;)
I became aware of this fragrance through Jeremy Fragrence. He always described this fragrance as very good and Feminin means you can't do anything wrong with this fragrance as a woman. Since I already had to shop, I thought I'd just come and test this fragrance:) Since I love Hypnotik Poison very much anyway and wear him the most in the cold season, I wanted to sniff through the other Poison fragrances as well.

How was the smell for me?
The saleswoman said I should spray this fragrance as lightly as possible on my skin first because it should be very intense... She was right! In my opinion much more intense than Hypnotik Poison. At the very beginning I noticed the bitter orange note, which I noticed the whole course of the scent (I hoped to be honest that this note flies away somehow but it was almost too intense on my skin!) Vanilla came into play after a certain time which was not as intense as the bitter orange note now. The tonka bean was only perceived when one had body manure with a person, i.e. during a hug. Personally it took me some time to warm up with this scent but then we were like friends:) Not best friends, but simply a small but good acquaintance. This fragrance I find now personally fits there less to me since I stand more on Orietalische Gourmand fragrances... This fragrance is not bad but as I said before it is okey, I think that this fragrance is more for girls, or women who are very fashion conscious, playful and very girly;) ( Is now my opinion everyone should wear what you/he likes!)
10.0 9.0 8.0 10.0/10

Simply nothing disturbs....
I already have some cute bangers in my collection, but I still need Poison Girl. What's the matter with you? The fragrance has just everything I love, no note disturbs, other people find it great on me, it seems to have a good sillage (even if I don't notice it on me for long), it is simply round, harmonious and very harmonious.
I came across a la rive Dupe that I once tested out of boredom. I didn't get my nose off my wrist when I was shopping and afterwards and had to google what the original scent was. A few weeks later I ordered it and since then my other fragrances are a bit bleak in the corner and if I use another fragrance I am happy to reach for my Poison Girl again the next day.
I'm not a girl anymore, but I'm still really into this stuff.
Well, it's not very innovative now, but inventing something so tasty and harmonious is still an achievement for me. Got a Grammy, as far as I know.
The iced orange also makes the fragrance a little fresher and more interesting and you don't smell ONLY the vanilla note.
I'm in love ....
10.0 10.0 10.0 10.0/10

Poison 2.0
Hmm, Poison Girl. Dividing opinions, just like mama Poison back in 85. Miss Poison however refuses to fill the shoes left by her legacy. Instead she uses her volume, deep in her DNA, to speak loudly like her rebel and modern friends. She mostly hangs out with La Petite Robe Noire, because she feels they share a lot in common; they both hail from families with a long history. They both share family members that were big and bad back in the day. They have that DNA in their blood, but they are children of their times, and as such they have different tastes.

Poison Girl inherited from her mother the controversy, as such she is bound to divide opinions. She has character and as such she ain't gonna please everybody. She cares not.
But growing up she was closer to aunt Hypnotic. She loved to hang out with her, listening to her stories about her lovers, her travels to faraway lands. She enjoyed spending time in that secret room where aunt Hypnotic prepared her secret drug; Cyanide. You see, she was a spy for the Secret Intelligence and her task was to create the most lethal version of the famous almond scented poison. And she succeeded as no one saw that the cloud of almond vanilla that wafted from her apartment was her lethal weapon towards her enemies.

As a close family, even though mama Poison spent her youth traveling the globe, these 3 women complement each other. For her 31st birthday, Poison Girl inherits her legacy, and as such you can admire it in her eyes; she has the loud voice of mama, with bitter orange and a slice of funky immortelle instead of plum, and the seducing power of her aunt, with an almond/tonka core, ready to take on where her mentors left. If Poison permeated the 80's with its narcotic winey tuberose wrapped in incense, and Hypnotic Poison seduced the 90's with wafts of almond patisserie and vanilla smoke, this new kid takes the best of both and shouts it from the rooftops. She's got style, her style, but she ain't got the manners. Yet.
But then again, if you belong to the Poison family, manners aren't exactly your most known feature. You're known for speaking loud and clear, and letting everyone know how it's gonna be. Take it or leave it.
And Poison Girl says it loud and clear; she's got the best of both, and her own unique touch. And this is how it's gonna be; bitter orange, cherry, almond, immortelle, vanilla, tonka, rose, almond, bitter orange, almond, vanilla.
Poison volume, Hypnotic Poison deliciousness, 21st century voice.

Strong sillage/10-12 hour longevity.
Update:
The more I wear Poison Girl, which is a lot, the more I see the hidden appeal. It is not a sweet fruitchouli like so many. There's a restrained beauty, maybe the bitterness? It is far more than the sum of its parts, there's something unique and dare I say delicious? The more I wear it the more I feel it is indeed a Poison member. Completely different and at the same time familiar.
8.0 8.0 9.0 8.0/10

Jazzy76
Gourmand potion for girls of all ages
If you love the bitterness of the classic Poison, this one couldn't be your cup of tea.
I usually wear "ladylike" perfumes or vintage "old school"fragrances, but when I tried (just for fun) this scent at the drugstore I felt in love with It: It is sweet and cocooning , but also strong and with a very strong sillage. I kept on my table the mouillette where I sprayed the perfume and after a day I smell again the scent!
The fava tonka and the vanilla together create a mix which remembers me the caramel and the result is good, sweet but not intoxicating. at least on me. It could be the typical fall-winter fragrance to wear with a warm , soft scarf . Added to my wishlist, although the price is high.
8.0 6.0 8.0 5.0/10

Dessert
I like "crème brûlée" but only to eat.... not to smell like I have just prepared it...Still adore the original poison the most...

toxic clone
It must be disheartening for a skilled perfumer to turn out iterations of what everyone else is doing.

What's required of the Nose is to make something that's virtually identical to the one sitting next to it on the promo stand, while at the same time retaining its own unique selling proposition.

In a market of near clones, all of which closely resemble a commercially successful formula, these USPs can be no more than mere details which when combined make juice X a slight variation of juice Y.

Mainstream perfume thus becomes like the suits of the men who design it. Uniform; intended to blend in with the crowd, differentiated only by small flourishes of ornamentation - a neck tie here, a pair of brown shoes there.

Trucklady 163 days ago
Hard boiled lolly from 1860.
6.0
OPomone 15 months ago
Poison was a femme fatale.
Poison Girl is a toxic nymphet who uses her vanilla pod as a gun and spits her tonka beans in your face. Ouch!+5
5.0
2.0
Alex1984 15 months ago
Closest thing to vtg Hypnotic Poison, remastered for 2016. Same appeal, miles above current gourmands, far better than current Hypnotic.+4

Dior - Poison Girl . 10/2016