Poison Girl (2016) Eau de Parfum

Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Dior / Christian Dior

Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) is a perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-floral. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Sicilian bitter orange, Grasse may rose, Damask rose, Venezuelan tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Danina, last update on 07.11.2018

The face of the advertising campaign is model Camille Rowe.

Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 9.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Simply nothing disturbs....
I already have some cute bangers in my collection, but I still need Poison Girl. What's the matter with you? The fragrance has just everything I love, no note disturbs, other people find it great on me, it seems to have a good sillage (even if I don't notice it on me for long), it is simply round, harmonious and very harmonious.
I came across a la rive Dupe that I once tested out of boredom. I didn't get my nose off my wrist when I was shopping and afterwards and had to google what the original scent was. A few weeks later I ordered it and since then my other fragrances are a bit bleak in the corner and if I use another fragrance I am happy to reach for my Poison Girl again the next day.
I'm not a girl anymore, but I'm still really into this stuff.
Well, it's not very innovative now, but inventing something so tasty and harmonious is still an achievement for me. Got a Grammy, as far as I know.
The iced orange also makes the fragrance a little fresher and more interesting and you don't smell ONLY the vanilla note.
I'm in love ....
Bottle 10.0/10 Sillage 10.0/10 Longevity 10.0/10 Scent 10.0/10
Poison 2.0
Hmm, Poison Girl. Dividing opinions, just like mama Poison back in 85. Miss Poison however refuses to fill the shoes left by her legacy. Instead she uses her volume, deep in her DNA, to speak loudly like her rebel and modern friends. She mostly hangs out with La petite robe Noire, because she feels they share a lot in common; they both hail from families with a long history. They both share family members that were big and bad back in the day. They have that DNA in their blood, but they are children of their times, and as such they have different tastes.

Poison Girl inherited from her mother the controversy, as such she is bound to divide opinions. She has character and as such she ain't gonna please everybody. She cares not.
But growing up she was closer to aunt Hypnotic. She loved to hang out with her, listening to her stories about her lovers, her travels to faraway lands. She enjoyed spending time in that secret room where aunt Hypnotic prepared her secret drug; Cyanide. You see, she was a spy for the Secret Intelligence and her task was to create the most lethal version of the famous almond scented poison. And she succeeded as no one saw that the cloud of almond vanilla that wafted from her apartment was her lethal weapon towards her enemies.

As a close family, even though mama Poison spent her youth traveling the globe, these 3 women complement each other. For her 31st birthday, Poison Girl inherits her legacy, and as such you can admire it in her eyes; she has the loud voice of mama, with bitter orange and a slice of funky immortelle instead of plum, and the seducing power of her aunt, with an almond/tonka core, ready to take on where her mentors left. If Poison permeated the 80's with its narcotic winey tuberose wrapped in incense, and Hypnotic Poison seduced the 90's with wafts of almond patisserie and vanilla smoke, this new kid takes the best of both and shouts it from the rooftops. She's got style, her style, but she ain't got the manners. Yet.
But then again, if you belong to the Poison family, manners aren't exactly your most known feature. You're known for speaking loud and clear, and letting everyone know how it's gonna be. Take it or leave it.
And Poison Girl says it loud and clear; she's got the best of both, and her own unique touch. And this is how it's gonna be; bitter orange, cherry, almond, immortelle, vanilla, tonka, rose, almond, bitter orange, almond, vanilla.
Poison volume, Hypnotic Poison deliciousness, 21st century voice.

Strong sillage/10-12 hour longevity.
Update:
The more I wear Poison Girl, which is a lot, the more I see the hidden appeal. It is not a sweet fruitchouli like so many. There's a restrained beauty, maybe the bitterness? It is far more than the sum of its parts, there's something unique and dare I say delicious? The more I wear it the more I feel it is indeed a Poison member. Completely different and at the same time familiar.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 8.0/10 Longevity 9.0/10 Scent 8.0/10
Gourmand potion for girls of all ages
If you love the bitterness of the classic Poison, this one couldn't be your cup of tea.
I usually wear "ladylike" perfumes or vintage "old school"fragrances, but when I tried (just for fun) this scent at the drugstore I felt in love with It: It is sweet and cocooning , but also strong and with a very strong sillage. I kept on my table the mouillette where I sprayed the perfume and after a day I smell again the scent!
The fava tonka and the vanilla together create a mix which remembers me the caramel and the result is good, sweet but not intoxicating. at least on me. It could be the typical fall-winter fragrance to wear with a warm , soft scarf . Added to my wishlist, although the price is high.
Bottle 8.0/10 Sillage 6.0/10 Longevity 8.0/10 Scent 5.0/10
Dessert
I like "crème brûlée" but only to eat.... not to smell like I have just prepared it...Still adore the original poison the most...
toxic clone
It must be disheartening for a skilled perfumer to turn out iterations of what everyone else is doing.

What's required of the Nose is to make something that's virtually identical to the one sitting next to it on the promo stand, while at the same time retaining its own unique selling proposition.

In a market of near clones, all of which closely resemble a commercially successful formula, these USPs can be no more than mere details which when combined make juice X a slight variation of juice Y.

Mainstream perfume thus becomes like the suits of the men who design it. Uniform; intended to blend in with the crowd, differentiated only by small flourishes of ornamentation - a neck tie here, a pair of brown shoes there.

OPomone 81 days ago
Poison was a femme fatale.
Poison Girl is a toxic nymphet who uses her vanilla pod as a gun and spits her tonka beans in your face. Ouch!+4
Bottle 5.0
Sillage 7.0
Longevity 8.0
Scent 2.0
Alex1984 81 days ago
Closest thing to vtg Hypnotic Poison, remastered for 2016. Same appeal, miles above current gourmands, far better than current Hypnotic.+4
Bottle 10.0