Poison Girl 2016Eau de Parfum

Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) by Dior
Poison Girl (Eau de Parfum) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2016. The scent is sweet-gourmand. The longevity is above-average. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Sicilian bitter orange, May rose, Damask rose, Venezuelan tonka bean, Vanilla

Submitted by Danina, last update on 20.09.2020.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Camille Rowe.

Pure sensuality...
I have deleted the old text because I changed my mind completely about this fragrance!;)))))
For some time now, I can't live without that smell! At first, I didn't really like that smell... Let's just say that I can still remember very well why I couldn't get along with this scent... I found the top note very bad in the beginning! But today, I just LOVE the top note more than the base note! *.*.*.* The funny thing is it took me exactly 2 years to fall in love with this fragrance, but also because I learned to understand the course of the fragrance in this time! Now you ask yourself what I mean by understanding... Let's put it this way, in the past my motto was "if the top note is stupid, but then the whole fragrance process is stupid too!... I know stupid thought... I think that is unfortunately with many people so that if they find the top note bad then the rest of the fragrance is bad too. And that is simply WRONG! By this habit+thought+attitude I have overlooked many great treasures which I have discovered afterwards (now) for me!... Thank god:D
Now I know why my mother always said to me that patience is the be-all and end-all in life...
Mama you were right about your words:D....

Be that as it may! I noticed that Poison Girl like LVEB unfortunately has no good reputation here on Parfumo or better said has a similar reputation... Whatever the reason! Because also there I have to step on the feet of MANY people! Poison Girl is not really appreciated here on Parfumo in my opinion! Surely each of us here has his own taste in scents which is just as well! But I think Poison Girl is unjustly badly evaluated here but also underestimated
I am aware that many people here are also used to other fragrances in Dior! And Poison Girl simply stands out, because it is not a typical Dior fragrance! PG is in my opinion the new hypnotic Poison... It has a similar scent DNA but the two are still not identical... At that time Hypnotik Poison was almost THE fragrance that women wore ( as far as I know) today PG is the new HP:)) I myself love the HP but PG is more my treasure:D
I don't want to torture you anymore and start with the fragrance description;D
The scent.....

As I mentioned at the beginning, I was not a big fan of the head note at that time?
Today I just love the top note! The bitter orange note is just brilliant! Very nicely juicy and deliciously juicy! *.* With me, the top note up to the base note is beautifully present in its most beautiful form!
The rose note is so warm and sensual on my skin... Pure femininity! Only what I find funny, on my clothes I can neither perceive nor smell the rose note except on my skin:D Also after a while I can smell a nice warm almond note on my skin which is strangely not listed. The almond note on my skin is similar to the almond note in Hypnotic Poison... The bitter-orange note unfortunately slowly and quietly says goodbye from the base note on my skin which is a pity, but nevertheless in my opinion the fragrance becomes more beautiful, warmer and more sensual!* The tonka bean gives the fragrance a subtle powdery note, while the vanilla note gets creamier from time to time and then merges with the almond note from which you can hardly take your nose off your wrist:D I always stick to my wrist like crazy when I apply this fragrance because in my opinion it has a strong addictive factor! The base note can be smelled on my clothes for two days!
Many complain that H+S is bad... Which I personally cannot sign! With me both the durability and the Sillage is EXTREME! On my skin this scent stays with me all day long... On my clothes it lasts two days! Until now everybody in my area has liked this scent very much, both women and men ;)) Personally I would describe this scent as sexy and erotic!) ( Is also my opinion there!)

Because I like this fragrance so much I also bought the edt and the unexpectet with the difference that the edt is fresher and fruitier. Unexpectet is also very nice and creamy, but has an interesting pungency that I think comes from the ginger note:)) If you are interested in the edt or the unexpectet you can write me if you want a fragrance description, then I can do it:)) Your opinion INTERESTES ME!;))

Miss Hypnotic Poison
My mother used to have a cream eye shadow in a glass jar when I was little. It was so metallic silver and smelled like a distillate of powdery make-up, pink dusty velvet curtains in the boudoir, plush armchairs in front of the dressing table, glittering chandelier light that breaks in the mirror...
Somehow ancient, delicious and mysteriously wicked at the same time.
From the beginning I assumed that the "girl" was a squeaky-sweet Hubbabubba action and little depth The gum is right there at the beginning. Delicious, juicy and more like a light pink candy to eat. I'd buy it right now! But then the well known sweet flower powder accord, which dominates the gourmands, began. However, for me here in a very own direction.
Pink treats and as already said unpacked at the dressing table of a being that is all kinds of things (yes, maybe even a girl every now and then), but certainly not as sweet and innocent as the outfit would suggest.
The beautiful top note lasts longer on clothes than on my skin. In general, the durability is quite good, but after six hours I do not notice the fragrance (skin) anymore What a pity, because I find it really delicious and special But the name is really kind of stupid and if a poison, then the vanilla big sister.
Lolita
The following text tends to exaggerate ;-)

It wasn't so long ago that I looked at myself in the mirror and noticed how grown-up my face had become. No, I don't have a problem getting older, but something was different. Promptly I took my old identity card to the hand. That's right, my face has become very mature. At the age of 20 I still had chubby cheeks and a moon face in general. Well, between the 20's face and the current 30's face lie 10 years, 35 kilograms less, more make-up routine and lots of party nights.
Then I had to find out that I like my face very much, as it is now. It looks very feminine with its high cheekbones and not so thick cheeks. When I prepare myself in front of the mirror, then I like to feel like a classic diva.

Yeah, I'm not the moon-faced kid anymore! I am a confident femme fatale.

But then I put on Poison Girl. And suddenly I am Lolita, who with her innocent but flirtatious aura turns men's heads and doesn't really understand what she's doing.

I'm not saying that Poison Girl makes you smell like a teenager (I smelled like synthetic strawberries and, surprise, vanilla when I was a teenager).
No, it makes you feel innocent but challenging and self-confident. You hide the true femme fatale behind the face of a child woman.

Poison Girl isn't a pure sweet scent to me. For me he carries something dark, something mature with him, without becoming as grumpy as a "real women's perfume". He knows how to hide the dark the complete course of the scent but not completely The scent doesn't change great, at least on my skin. He has for me from beginning to end, this lasciviously provocative aura that makes him very interesting in my eyes.

Poison Girl is for me the Lolita among the Poison fragrances and definitely not only for young girls.
The sheep in wolf fur
To this smell I came really rather "virgin" (thus in the figurative sense ^^).
I had already seen him a few times in the commercials... PINKER bottle or PINK COLOUR liquid. PINK. That and glitter let some synapses burn through with me already despite almost in the middle of 40. ;-)

With the name I have typical "Poison Girls" in front of my eyes, pierced, tattooed, the first thing I noticed about the name was such a little "rocker brat", black prickly hair, undercut, nose piercing (I don't have anything against tattoos and piercings, have some of my own), chewing gum, always on "anti", always on "wat willse?", always eye-catching.
But the beautiful bottle... or the beautiful liquid... ^^

We like to spend our winter holidays warm. There aren't as many targets left as there used to be. This winter it was again Gran Canaria, Meloneras.

At noon we made a trip to the shopping mall. Test the perfume. :-) It was hot, incredibly hot.

And actually it never occurred to me to spray anything from the Poison series onto my heated skin at these temperatures. But probably my brain was already overheated, too, it was pleasantly cool in the shop, and several scents landed on my skin (mostly never more than 4 at a time). Among others Poison Girl (hach, the pink...).

After a ... öhm rather unpleasant encounter with the Hypnotic Poison in the year 2000 (which ended with showers, nausea and Co., also very rarely with me and a perfume) was for me already quasi the confrontation therapy *g*.

Almost afraid, I sniffed at my wrist... Poison has always been negative for me ever since. But what do I smell in the burning Canary sun?! Sweet, gourmand berries, a bit like Campino, but creamy, never stinging, but dark. Almost like pink red fruit jelly, but without the annoying little pits, but creamy, delicious with a vanilla caramel note. Orange I smell now somehow zero, but as said, fragrance pyramids are really absolutely not mine or my nose is broken. :-)

This fragrance made it into my little suitcase with 50ml and made it that I used up the bottle in no time and ordered another 50ml bottle afterwards. That's really rare with me. The last one is now empty and I don't need it again.

But he will be remembered for later perhaps.

Poison isn't just Poison. That's what I learned. Maybe I am a little bit more Girlie than Lady, but only at Poison. :-) (I believe!)

It always fits me when I feel like it. For me, it is not a "situation" scent, i.e. only an office or only in the evening, but a typical "whims" scent, but rather for cooler days.
Funnily enough, I also "smelled" a lot of young girls wearing it, and they were actually "Poison Girls" as I described them above. :-)
Simply nothing disturbs....
I already have some cute bangers in my collection, but I still need Poison Girl. What's the matter with you? The fragrance has just everything I love, no note disturbs, other people find it great on me, it seems to have a good sillage (even if I don't notice it on me for long), it is simply round, harmonious and very harmonious.
I came across a la rive Dupe that I once tested out of boredom. I didn't get my nose off my wrist when I was shopping and afterwards and had to google what the original scent was. A few weeks later I ordered it and since then my other fragrances are a bit bleak in the corner and if I use another fragrance I am happy to reach for my Poison Girl again the next day.
I'm not a girl anymore, but I'm still really into this stuff.
Well, it's not very innovative now, but inventing something so tasty and harmonious is still an achievement for me. Got a Grammy, as far as I know.
The iced orange also makes the fragrance a little fresher and more interesting and you don't smell ONLY the vanilla note.
I'm in love ....

Poison 2.0
Hmm, Poison Girl. Dividing opinions, just like mama Poison back in 85. Miss Poison however refuses to fill the shoes left by her legacy. Instead she uses her volume, deep in her DNA, to speak loudly like her rebel and modern friends. She mostly hangs out with La Petite Robe Noire, because she feels they share a lot in common; they both hail from families with a long history. They both share family members that were big and bad back in the day. They have that DNA in their blood, but they are children of their times, and as such they have different tastes.

Poison Girl inherited from her mother the controversy, as such she is bound to divide opinions. She has character and as such she ain't gonna please everybody. She cares not.
But growing up she was closer to aunt Hypnotic. She loved to hang out with her, listening to her stories about her lovers, her travels to faraway lands. She enjoyed spending time in that secret room where aunt Hypnotic prepared her secret drug; Cyanide. You see, she was a spy for the Secret Intelligence and her task was to create the most lethal version of the famous almond scented poison. And she succeeded as no one saw that the cloud of almond vanilla that wafted from her apartment was her lethal weapon towards her enemies.

As a close family, even though mama Poison spent her youth traveling the globe, these 3 women complement each other. For her 31st birthday, Poison Girl inherits her legacy, and as such you can admire it in her eyes; she has the loud voice of mama, with bitter orange and a slice of funky immortelle instead of plum, and the seducing power of her aunt, with an almond/tonka core, ready to take on where her mentors left. If Poison permeated the 80's with its narcotic winey tuberose wrapped in incense, and Hypnotic Poison seduced the 90's with wafts of almond patisserie and vanilla smoke, this new kid takes the best of both and shouts it from the rooftops. She's got style, her style, but she ain't got the manners. Yet.
But then again, if you belong to the Poison family, manners aren't exactly your most known feature. You're known for speaking loud and clear, and letting everyone know how it's gonna be. Take it or leave it.
And Poison Girl says it loud and clear; she's got the best of both, and her own unique touch. And this is how it's gonna be; bitter orange, cherry, almond, immortelle, vanilla, tonka, rose, almond, bitter orange, almond, vanilla.
Poison volume, Hypnotic Poison deliciousness, 21st century voice.

Strong sillage/10-12 hour longevity.
Update:
The more I wear Poison Girl, which is a lot, the more I see the hidden appeal. It is not a sweet fruitchouli like so many. There's a restrained beauty, maybe the bitterness? It is far more than the sum of its parts, there's something unique and dare I say delicious? The more I wear it the more I feel it is indeed a Poison member. Completely different and at the same time familiar.

Jazzy76
Gourmand potion for girls of all ages
If you love the bitterness of the classic Poison, this one couldn't be your cup of tea.
I usually wear "ladylike" perfumes or vintage "old school"fragrances, but when I tried (just for fun) this scent at the drugstore I felt in love with It: It is sweet and cocooning , but also strong and with a very strong sillage. I kept on my table the mouillette where I sprayed the perfume and after a day I smell again the scent!
The fava tonka and the vanilla together create a mix which remembers me the caramel and the result is good, sweet but not intoxicating. at least on me. It could be the typical fall-winter fragrance to wear with a warm , soft scarf . Added to my wishlist, although the price is high.

Dessert
I like "crème brûlée" but only to eat.... not to smell like I have just prepared it...Still adore the original poison the most...

toxic clone
It must be disheartening for a skilled perfumer to turn out iterations of what everyone else is doing.

What's required of the Nose is to make something that's virtually identical to the one sitting next to it on the promo stand, while at the same time retaining its own unique selling proposition.

In a market of near clones, all of which closely resemble a commercially successful formula, these USPs can be no more than mere details which when combined make juice X a slight variation of juice Y.

Mainstream perfume thus becomes like the suits of the men who design it. Uniform; intended to blend in with the crowd, differentiated only by small flourishes of ornamentation - a neck tie here, a pair of brown shoes there.

TruckladyTrucklady 16 months ago
Hard boiled lolly from 1860.
OPomoneOPomone 2 years ago
Poison was a femme fatale.
Poison Girl is a toxic nymphet who uses her vanilla pod as a gun and spits her tonka beans in your face. Ouch!
Alex1984Alex1984 2 years ago
Closest thing to vtg Hypnotic Poison, remastered for 2016. Same appeal, miles above current gourmands, far better than current Hypnotic.

Dior - Poison Girl . 10/2016
Dior le chat
by Delidazo87
by Delidazo87

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior