Poison Girl 2017Eau de Toilette

Poison Girl (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
Poison Girl (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBitter orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesGrasse rose
Base Notes Base NotesVenezuelan tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 11.10.2020.

Eaumygosh
The modern sweetness, newly interpreted
Yes, this fragrance joins a series of flankers like "La Vie est Belle", "Sì", "Scandal" etc. There is no doubt about it. Dior follows the current trends - very sweet fragrances with a long shelf life and strong projection continue to be very popular. In fact, I would say that this fragrance direction is the biggest trend of the last decade... and its popularity has not yet declined.

When I retested the samples in my collection a while ago, I also stumbled across a sample of this fragrance. Personally, I am a big fan of "Hypnotic Poison", so belonging to the "Poison" series immediately aroused my interest. The first test on the hand turned out rather mediocre. At that time the temperatures were much higher than today and the first thought was: sweet, fruity - ok. I was expecting a fragrance that was more likely to be created for teenagers or younger women. So to speak the most playful and judicious flanker of the family. That's what I got. Still, the scent didn't stick in my mind. Only the bitter orange, which I found rather disturbing. Everything seemed a little too sugary.

Today, at 10 degrees, test number 2 took place, a splash on the back of the hand and off we went into nature. I have to admit that I often caught myself smelling the back of my hand today. I like the smell much better than the first test. On my skin I only perceive a very discreet scent. The top note is very fruity and sweet. A candied bitter orange, that's it very well. Already after a short time the Tonka bean comes more into focus. During the first 2 hours, the ratio of bitter orange to tonka bean seems very balanced. The tonka bean forms a sweetishly warm base, while the bitter orange adds some fruitiness. However, it does not appear tangy or fresh. Rather candied.
After about 2 hours the fruitiness slowly begins to fade into the background. The sweet base is in focus, underlined by a delicate fruitiness and a hint of floral notes. However, this can only be guessed at. The fragrance then remains on the skin for hours, until after 7/8 hours, all that remains is a delicate hint of tonka bean. The durability surprises me. I was convinced that I had tested the EdP and was surprised when I realized that my sample was the EdT. The projection is also quite strong. 2 spray bursts should be enough.

The concept of "Poison Girl" is well known and has been implemented countless times before. Nevertheless, this fragrance stands out from the mass of sugar water. The combination of the candied orange and tonka bean creates a fragrance that definitely has a recognition value. I find it extremely beautiful. Sweet, warm, soft... especially the heart and the base are my favourite. I would like to test the EdP version again. In terms of durability and sillage the EdT is already stronger than several EdP's in my collection. So I do not assume that this is just a lighter version. Based on the different scent pyramids, the EdP version seems to be a different scent. Let's see which version I like better. At least I like the EdT and I'm sure that the scent, in whatever version it is, will soon be allowed to move in with me

Poison...what? Or who?
I wanted to write a statement,i lately do that,far more better for some fragrances that only need a few words for revealing their trueselves. Like a Roja. A Roja doesn't need an elogy from me,because it is an elogy to perfumery itself,i would only tell people they are well worth trying.
But others need a few words. Like Poison Girlie here. I must admit i judged the little flanker without smelling it,why even bother,pink bottle,nice looking Poison model,but i thought everyone knew what was all about,wasn't it ? Another sweet s** stuff. Was waiting for my plane the other day to return home(not that anyone cares,but just sayin') and was trying to work my way through the Duty Free Perfumery (2 h to wait,wth)
Took them all,those i didn't have any chance to smell,and really cut them into pieces( theoretically speaking,course),there were 2 damn hours.
Aaaaand,yes,the Dior shelf. All the Hypnotics ever made,in all the concentrations out there,a lonely Pure Poison,and 2 Poison Girls. So i say to my very tired self: Girl,take a damn breathe and sniff the darn thing,this is a promise you won't die (not today) .And I DO it! And i know i've been eating the world class bs till now with a 2 cents story from an airport,but Poison Girl Edt (attention out there,not edp) is GOOD. The little 'poison wannabe' is good! Not good as in Roja,Clive,Henry Jacques good( bahaha,jk) but as in designer day to day book good! A real sensual sweet citrus opening,all the ingredients for what the girls ask these days,caramel,that tonka that i simply love,a slight petal of rose,with just a bit of almost not even recognizable powdery feeling and really really good in technical specs. A good longevity,a good sillage ( put it on my blouse,there i could sniff it better,and the SA didn't see me,here is a killer to test the Testers on skin,is like you're wearing a paper stuck to your neck all the time,geez,people,we wear them on the skin dooooh) and i'm telling you,i loved Poison Girl edt. Sweet,citrus,caramel mix,bit neroli and a petal of sensual rose. Well... whatever it is,is Dior after all.And i didn't spray and weep from the chemicals,not that is natural,but still not that bad.
Hats off to you readers for bearing with a bored lady that can only talk to cats,for reading the longest review of an airport check-in break,and of course,for being the best audience ever.
Best of regards

TruckladyTrucklady 17 months ago
The bitter orange gives this some lift and raises it out of the vat of liquefied sugar. More rounded and lively than the edp.

by pudelbonzo
by Scarletrose
by Tani47
by Tani47

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior