Poison Girl 2017 Eau de Toilette

Poison Girl (Eau de Toilette) by Dior
7.9 / 10 163 Ratings
Poison Girl (Eau de Toilette) is a popular perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2017. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top Notes Bitter orangeBitter orange
Heart Notes Heart Notes Grasse roseGrasse rose
Base Notes Base Notes Venezuelan tonka beanVenezuelan tonka bean

Submitted by Michael, last update on 04.02.2023.

2 in-depth fragrance descriptions
Helpful Review 13
But please not such a typically sweet woman's scent......
A little experience with my son-in-law comes to mind about Poison Girl.
We were out and about as a family at the zoo the other day. It was a very hot day and we felt like stopping for a drink fairly quickly.
My son-in-law asked me if I happened to have any deodorant with me. No , I said, just a perfume. Okay he said, I'll take it too, it won't be such a sweet woman's scent ......... :)
I handed him grinning my perfume and he "dieselte" himself first time. Now I had to laugh out loud and I said to him: If this perfume is not a typical sweet women's fragrance, in addition, with an extreme sillage, then I do not know. You must actually only look at the perfume name.
Poison GIRL- , the name is program.
I think that day my beloved son-in-law and I had a slightly "poisoned" relationship. :) :) :)
I love Poison Girl, but only with breaks. I couldn't wear it every day. But I enjoy the days I have it on me. Sweet Poison - yes, - girl - no.
It's a sweet perfume, but sweet in a different way than, say, LVEB. It smells attractively sweet, much more interesting, fresh-sweet, somehow wicked and sensual. (Men clearly like it). However, this concerns only the Eau de Toilette version, the Eau de Parfum is at least for my nose then just sweet.
Poison Girl EDT smells for me also somehow sympathetic. You can smell yourself with it well. :)
I think the special kick why this scent smells different sweet is the blend with bitter orange and tonka bean. It's like eating a vanilla almond pudding, but with grated grapefruit rind over it.
Don't let the name stop you from giving it a try. It's really not a girlie scent,
the price is unfortunately also not girly. :)
Very helpful Review 12
The modern sweetness, newly interpreted
Yes, this fragrance joins a series of flankers like "La Vie est Belle", "Sì", "Scandal" etc. There is no doubt about it. Dior follows the current trends - very sweet fragrances with a long shelf life and strong projection continue to be very popular. In fact, I would say that this fragrance direction is the biggest trend of the last decade... and its popularity has not yet declined.

When I retested the samples in my collection a while ago, I also stumbled across a sample of this fragrance. Personally, I am a big fan of "Hypnotic Poison", so belonging to the "Poison" series immediately aroused my interest. The first test on the hand turned out rather mediocre. At that time the temperatures were much higher than today and the first thought was: sweet, fruity - ok. I was expecting a fragrance that was more likely to be created for teenagers or younger women. So to speak the most playful and judicious flanker of the family. That's what I got. Still, the scent didn't stick in my mind. Only the bitter orange, which I found rather disturbing. Everything seemed a little too sugary.

Today, at 10 degrees, test number 2 took place, a splash on the back of the hand and off we went into nature. I have to admit that I often caught myself smelling the back of my hand today. I like the smell much better than the first test. On my skin I only perceive a very discreet scent. The top note is very fruity and sweet. A candied bitter orange, that's it very well. Already after a short time the Tonka bean comes more into focus. During the first 2 hours, the ratio of bitter orange to tonka bean seems very balanced. The tonka bean forms a sweetishly warm base, while the bitter orange adds some fruitiness. However, it does not appear tangy or fresh. Rather candied.
After about 2 hours the fruitiness slowly begins to fade into the background. The sweet base is in focus, underlined by a delicate fruitiness and a hint of floral notes. However, this can only be guessed at. The fragrance then remains on the skin for hours, until after 7/8 hours, all that remains is a delicate hint of tonka bean. The durability surprises me. I was convinced that I had tested the EdP and was surprised when I realized that my sample was the EdT. The projection is also quite strong. 2 spray bursts should be enough.

The concept of "Poison Girl" is well known and has been implemented countless times before. Nevertheless, this fragrance stands out from the mass of sugar water. The combination of the candied orange and tonka bean creates a fragrance that definitely has a recognition value. I find it extremely beautiful. Sweet, warm, soft... especially the heart and the base are my favourite. I would like to test the EdP version again. In terms of durability and sillage the EdT is already stronger than several EdP's in my collection. So I do not assume that this is just a lighter version. Based on the different scent pyramids, the EdP version seems to be a different scent. Let's see which version I like better. At least I like the EdT and I'm sure that the scent, in whatever version it is, will soon be allowed to move in with me

1 short view on the fragrance
TruckladyTrucklady 4 years ago
The bitter orange gives this some lift and raises it out of the vat of liquefied sugar. More rounded and lively than the edp.

Pie Chart Radar Chart

Images

12 fragrance photos of the community
More images

Popular by Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Sauvage Elixir by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior