Poison Girl Unexpected 2018

Poison Girl Unexpected by Dior
Poison Girl Unexpected is a perfume by Dior for women and was released in 2018. The scent is sweet-fruity. It is being marketed by LVMH. Pronunciation

Top Notes Top NotesTanzanian gingerTanzanian ginger
PeonyPeony
Base Notes Base NotesVenezuelan tonka beanVenezuelan tonka bean
VanillaVanilla
MuskMusk

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 20.07.2021.

The face of the advertising campaign is model Camille Rowe.

Snow White's apple
Sweet, juicy, delightful and irresistible just like the Snow White's poisonned apple: Poison Girl unexpected could be described with these words.
The most recent and fruity Poison's flanker is a true delight for girls of all ages .Let's discover why.
First of all, your nose is tickled by the ginger opening note, accompained by a light bitter orange note, vibrant and fizzy. The, the scent reveals its very feminine flowery heart made of Jasmine, rose and peony.
Finally, the warmer and sweeter notes of vanilla, tonka bean and musk, masterfully measured, not too heavy or sweetish. In comparison with the gourmand "Poison girl" , which is sweeter and warmer, this new release is a little bit fresher and perfect mainly in springtime. Maybe is this particularly juicy character which justifies the adjective "unexpected" because all the previous "poisonned creations"by Dior are warmer and heavier.
Anyway, the sillage is good although different because lighter and fizzier , but the main notes last on the skin for hours. Always very nice and refined the transparent bottle , in the style of the Poison collection.
The price is high, but the scent is really delightful and longlasting. Will you resist to this temptation?
DonJuanDeCat
I'm very sexy on the bus!
*sigh*
As you know, sometimes I still find it difficult to test one or the other women's fragrance in a shop. Especially when it's a fragrance like this one that interests more ladies and girls than I like :D

So I thought it would be a good idea to move my dentist to the earliest possible time so that I could spray certain feminine scents afterwards, hoping that this early in the morning and especially during the week there would be less women... um sorry, I mean of course less ladies. And yes, it was even true, because shortly after the store opened there weren't that many people in there yet. But there was a guy there, of all people, who looked at every fragrance in the ladies' department, but not at the fragrances themselves, but at the prices, because I saw that he compared these prices with the prices in the internet with his mobile phone and finally he left Dannen, so that I was finally alone in the ladies' department, mu ha ha ha ha. Of course, the new Prada Candy, the Candy Sugar Pop, came to my mind first, because I can only test these candy scents under the most difficult conditions (*sigh*), but unfortunately it was still not outside, so that I can test the scent, probably like all other candies, trembling and full of fear in the midst of a horde of women later on... aaaaah...

But back to this scent here. Yes, I could spray it on myself this time and even compare it (on the other arm) with the EDT of the fragrance. However, the journey home should turn out to be a little bit more difficult or even strange, but more about that later...

The smell:
Hm, actually the scent starts almost like the EDT, only a little less intense. That means it smells sweetly of jasmine. The bitter oranges are less present at the beginning, i.e. in the top note, or rather I find them quite weak. Only from the heart note onwards, or when the jasmine is a little weaker, can one detect hints of bitter oranges, which for me smell a little like the bitter, but still beautiful peels of these oranges. Ginger is only present for a short time when sprayed on, but you can only smell it if you sniff close enough to the sprayed area and know that ginger is inside (so it's somehow psychologically the whole thing :D).
Maritime notes, on the other hand, are perceived from time to time, but also only very weakly and for a short time.
This is because jasmine dominates most of the time, so the fragrance is the most sweet-smelling, and there are also light rose notes as a further floral note. The slightly darker sweetness that slowly emerges from the base and the slightly powdery feeling indicate the arrival of tonka bean and vanilla (tonka bean is the stronger note here), which then go well with jasmine. Overall, the tonka bean and jasmine here are a little weaker in this scent than in the EDT, so the scent seems a little less heavy.
Finally, in the later base, there is a more tonka and vanilla scent, with vanilla now providing the more intense scent. A nice scent, but on the whole, I find this scent quite similar to EDT.

The Sillage and the durability:
The charisma is quite good, because you leave a nice fragrance cloud. Not as strong as EDT or EDP, but you can still smell nice with this scent, even over normal distances and not just up close.
The durability is also high, so that the fragrance lasts longer than ten hours, depending on the dosage.

The bottle! Once again, nothing has changed in the bottle, but it doesn't need to, because the bottle still looks beautiful with its apple shape. The fragrance liquid is now slightly lighter. There's still no label, so the name of the fragrance is on the front of the bottle, while the name "Unexpected" is written in a cursive font and looks good. As I said, the flacon is once again very successful.

Yes, I think the Unexpected is good as expected :D
However, the differences to the EDT are too small, so EDT users can actually save this scent, unless they want to have a slightly weaker scent, as the Sillage is slightly weaker here than with the EDT, but this difference is also rather small. In smaller doses, the scent is also good in spring for... well, during the day as well as (or especially) when going out.

Soo,... you know, on the way home I wore a cardigan, because I didn't want a big, sweet and feminine scent cloud to come out of me, which everyone can perceive immediately, because the city was already quite crowded and besides I had to get on the bus, which only comes every 30 minutes and therefore ALWAYS is really full. And especially in the bus I wanted to avoid that I smell so extremely of this women's fragrance here :D
Well, because of the warm weather it became hotter and hotter inside the bus than outside. So I was forced to take off the cardigan after all. Anyway, one could smell my scent through the cardigan on the sleeves, but one did not know yet where it came from. But now, when I took it off, I kindled a riiiiesige scent cloud. The scent of a sexy women's fragrance!

I don't even want to know what people were thinking, but luckily for me, many people are too busy with their smartphones today, but I did see some slightly irritated faces (of both sexes) *sigh* I mean, someone who hasn't shaved for a few days and therefore has a slightly thicker beard than usual, and also carries a Batman bag, suddenly starts smelling of flowery-sweet scents... aaargh, I think I'll never take that bus again! :D

But as for you ladies, I would test this fragrance, I liked it and I am sure that it would have to smell great and sexy with you as I said!
... hmph, now I also have to wash my cardigan, because the sleeves still smell extremely like a sexy woman! :D

XevXev 8 months ago
Słodka, niezbyt
Jazzy76Jazzy76 3 years ago
Not only for girls.! it's a wonderful sweet-flowery-gourmand fragrance, modern but not strange or synthetic

by Entenradio
by Entenradio
by BiancaAp
by BiancaAp
Sommerflieder
by pudelbonzo

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Parfum) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior