Pure Poison by Dior / Christian Dior
Bottle Design: Véronique Monod

Pure Poison is a popular perfume by Dior / Christian Dior for women and was released in 2004. The scent is floral-powdery. It is being marketed by LVMH.

Top Notes Top NotesBergamot, Jasmine, Mandarin, Orange
Heart Notes Heart NotesGardenia, Neroli
Base Notes Base NotesSandalwood, White amber, Cedar

Submitted by DonVanVliet, last update on 14.04.2019

10.0 10.0 10.0 9.0/10

Flore
Femininity and professionalism at the top.
When I have business meetings I wear Pure Poison. I feel feminine because of this smell, but I also feel confident. It is a power scent but the jasmine and orange blossom make the fragrance softer. It smells expensive, clean and pure. I get compliments about the smell especially of the male gender. Eastern men in particular are charmed by Pure Poison. I feel clean throughout the day and if you spray the smell in the morning it is still clearly present in the evening. It is definitely one of my favorite scents that I will always buy back. Beautiful white flowers that envelop you and give you the feeling that you can handle everything ..........

Intoxicating white flowers
Pure Poison is woody jasmine member. The composition borrows jasmine, vanilla, gardenia and amber accord to emerge extremely erotic atmosphere. And well, gardenia and jasmine are enemy of every man's heart! Mission successful!

The fragrance has sticky, slight gourmand fresh floral, soft smoky woody manner. Very delicate and very sensual. Just a hint: try it for outdoor. The sillage is extraordinarily strong. So as longevity. Let it fly around, it's not an indoor perfume.
8/10

clean floral
I remember trying this back in fall 2011. I liked it, but it was too strong and "screeching" on my skin. I said to myself I would wear it, one walk-through spritz at a time. But I never bought it. I couldn't bring myself to pony up the money on a fragrance I would probably wear so little. It deserved better than that. Fast forward past the 2012 Dior reformulation year, and I tried Pure Poison again in late 2012. It was lighter, weaker, and much to my liking. But I kept putting off buying a bottle as the prices went up from $50 to $70 for 1 ounce.

I finally found the opportunity to purchase a 3.4 ounces tester online for well below $70. The bergamot, orange, and jasmine mix to create a tart, clean, and a lightly sweet floral concoction on my skin. I am absolutely in love. It is to the point that I believe I have found my signature, something that matches my personality and happiness when I wear this perfume.
5.0 7.5 7.0/10

Sensual, white jasmine
This is the first jasmine based fragrance that I can safely call undeniably sexy.

Pure Poison has it all. It opens with a refreshing and zesty orange, mandarin and bergamot blend and mellows into a beautiful, almost soapy but divine floral bouquet before drying down into a rich, creamy and ultra-feminine jasmine, amber and woods.

Now that I've tried all five of the 'Poisons', I can honestly say that I haven't been disappointed. Each fragrance was unique and bold and neither one was similar to the next.

Pure Poison is probably the safest choice out of the five because it is the lightest and the most delicate. Femininity is expressed so well through Pure Poison.

I find the scent to be very fresh and clean, possibly because of the soapy like quality. Because of this fragrance's freshness I'd probably wear this all year round, I could most definitely see Pure Poison being worn in both Summer and Winter.

No longevity
This has a citrus and large floral opening and is fairly linear after the top notes are gone.
There is a ton of jasmin in here and Bvlgari Jasmin has a lot of soap where this is just Jasmin.

This lasts a grand total of

...drumroll...
2hr MAX on me!

2/5

Jazzy76 10 months ago
The quintessence of tender feminity in this bouquet. Really a masterpiece, although not as strong as the classic Poison+2
Bcars10 16 months ago
Has a bit of a hairspray vibe, wafting around my face, and it’s just the wrong side of too much. I feel a headache coming on.+5
5.0