Purple Oud 2018

Purple Oud by Dior
Purple Oud is a popular perfume by Dior for women and men and was released in 2018. The scent is woody-smoky. It is being marketed by LVMH.
Scent goes well with Terra Bella

OudOud
OrangeOrange
Pink pepperPink pepper
SaffronSaffron

Submitted by OPomone, last update on 14.01.2022.

The fragrance is part of the "Maison Christian Dior" collection.

City-Oud à la Christian Dior
Oh, I am downright thrilled!
Back from shopping, well heated by pulling the small, fully loaded cart on this still early summer morning, I already put on my second scent robe of this day.
And what can I say?
I "fish blood" finally bring up enough heat to let oud blossom.
Not just "so a little", but properly to the spicy-animalic nen!

Now, however, I must also put this into perspective: François Demachy (now in good fragrance friend of mine) has chosen with "Purple Oud" for Christian Dior a city-suitable variant of this fragrance note.
Here reigns neither the dunghill in the country nor the heavy beguiling warmth of a cow or camel stable!
He managed to imbue this composition with a natural animalicism that neither repels nor dominates, but only lightly, yet noticeably stimulates/brushes the senses!
For "Summer in the City" feeling much more appropriate and portable.
Surprisingly harmonious is its liaison with the fruity-fresh and juicy oranges.
Their fragrance bubbles and tingles so pleasantly invigorating, even slightly high-spirited.
Of powerful freshness is the aroma and gets special companions to the side: noble saffron and fine-spicy pink pepper.
Skilfully peppered with these, the fruity oranges roll cheerfully through their oud surroundings.
They thus leave their very own scent traces and ensure a special fragrance creation.
Fresh-spicy orange oud at it's best!

You don't have to like "Purple Oud." Oud purists certainly don't!
But the very idea of putting these fragrance notes together and offering something other than heavy and opulent eroticism and sensuality around this animalic scent power for once is noteworthy.

I like, as you can tell, "Purple Oud" very well!
Who wants a little more than a fresh-fruity fragrance garb on a hot summer day and due to higher temperatures do not want to give up that certain something, could experience a pleasant surprise with "Purple Oud".
(No, don't! I'm not going to start making recommendations now, too: Who am I to advise purchases to other people?)
I admit, however, that I always approach Monsieur Demachy's fragrance creations a little more open-mindedly and sympathetically: all too often I have not been disappointed by him so far.
Be it Christian Dior or Givenchy - I like his world of ideas captured in fragrance!
Perhaps this is also a kind of personality cult ...

It is unnecessary to lose only a word about sillage and durability; the name Christian Dior stands for quality here too.
"Purple Oud" is present, but does not bother; it does not belong to the category of fragrances where "perfume woman wears" comes to light and that makes it, despite its full-bodied-lustful composition summer-worthy!

I think I have sufficiently expressed my enthusiasm, well-scented packaged in "Purple Oud".
So it only remains to wish you a relaxing and not too warm summer day.
And stay at your whim fragrance wrapped!

Purple Peppery Oud!
I simply love this Oud variation! Outrageously, it's been discontinued. There is something fresh and spicy that gives the Oud in it a much more youthful appearance. It has an addictive quality, and it lingers in one's nostrils long after the initial spray. Better still, on a scarf or another garment. Divine!
Leathery-orange in oud fur
Hello, you crazy people,

after a long time again a comment from me, okay let's have a look, lean back...

Munich. January 2019. Stachus. Oberpollinger. Sometime between 5:00 and 7:00. A confused and overstrained perfume addict is looking for new prey.
He's hurrying through the shelves. The glassy gaze beats from wristwatch to shelf and that to the beat of the saleswomen's clattering high heels.
His nose teases, he tries to console himself with coffee, often in vain. She screams, "Cut the crap! I want to go home!!".
His otherwise favorite organ (yes.) becomes his worst enemy. -Where's Archilles when you need him?-
Memo. Parfums de Marly. Roja. Vilhelm Parfumery. Creed. Penhaligons. Tom Ford. Initio. Kilian. Replica. One gets better than the other. And yet not.
"Oh ne now nevertheless too sweet and heavy", "oh ne for the money me too linear", "oh ne for the performance I do not pay 280 euros!", "Oh ne there I get myself a bottling!".
The scent strips pile up in his pockets, his trembling fingers cut into the fresh paper. Thoughts of "Edward with the scissors hands" appear: "away with it" he calls out loudly, "I have to wash my arms, I don't have a projection surface anymore!!!..." Mothers take their children by the hand in fear.
But what is there...a bright...inviting sales area...
"Dior? I can't stand a sauvage any more...but just...I know these flacons...PRIVÈ!!!!", the scream attracts a lively saleswoman, she hugs the boy, sweaty and wheezing man.
"Come, I'll show you one of our new fragrances..."
Liliane liquid. Two sprayers on the skin. The man smells... closes her eyes...sees oranges. Dry oranges. Packed in an old leather bag. Stored in the warm humid air of a cellar, in Normandy...
He's waking up. At home on his couch. His fingers are covered with Dior patches. He's in a diorama robe, freshly washed. Look at the clock, 11:32. Smells his skin no matter where, leather. Orange leather. Light tobacco. Linear, but creative and of high quality.

A distant voice makes him jump, "Excuse me, are you all right?" He's at the register. In one hand the perfume, in the other his purse. The pretty salesgirl confusedly asks him, "Where were you with your thoughts?" The man answers smiling, "in the scented sky"...

He happily leaves the store...

...but then he remembers... "but in addition to the leather scent I would need a real tobacco scent, after all it's winter...", he turns around and enters the shop...

Thanks for reading!

KimJongKimJong 2 years ago
Reminiscent of a mixture of Oud Wood to a little of Encre Noire. Not very oriental, so it's easy to wear in everyday life.

Big and Little
by N1ceNose
by Pistazieneis
by Pistazieneis
Der Hüter des Skalpes I
Der Hüter des Skalpes II

Popular Dior

Dior Homme Intense (2011) by Dior Dior Homme Parfum by Dior Dior Homme Original (2011) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Ambre Nuit by Dior Poison (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Dior Addict (2014) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Miss Dior (Eau de Toilette Originale) by Dior Fève Délicieuse by Dior Eau Sauvage (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2012) by Dior Eau Sauvage Parfum (2017) by Dior Dior Addict (2002) (Eau de Parfum) by Dior Gris Dior / Gris Montaigne by Dior Dior Homme Intense (2007) by Dior J'adore L'Or (2017) by Dior Dior Homme (2005) by Dior Bois d'Argent by Dior Miss Dior (1947) (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Fahrenheit (Eau de Toilette) by Dior Hypnotic Poison Elixir by Dior